logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline theonlysorrow  
#1 Posted : 05 April 2013 06:52:45(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 86 post(s)
UserPostedImage

STACEY PILGRIM
Sings pop songs about being an 18-year-old girl
Born - Toronto, Canada - 31/03/1995 (aged 18)
Associated acts - Reckless Abandon, Envy Pilgrim
Influences - Pixie, SYNCO, Destinee & Adele, Nadia Berry, Abie Lena, Ellie-Grace Summers, Maddie Urie

/Bio/

Stacey Anna Pilgrim is an up and coming aspirational pop star from Toronto, Canada. Born in 1995, Stacey is using the early days after her 18th birthday to launch her career and make a name for herself. She was born to Anna and Pierre Pilgrim in Toronto, Canada, where she has lived for the entirety of her life. Her brother is abrasive and controversial punk singer Pilgrim Pilgrim of Reckless Abandon. She is proudly French-Canadien, and she is a fluent speaker of both English and French. In spite of being a straight-A student throughout her school life, and her father's desires to see her study law, Stacey has opted to use her love of emotion and reaction to build a career in music, where she has claimed she can express the way people are and how they are affected by different things that happen to them throughout their lifetime. A self-confessed 'people watcher', Stacey says her parents noticed at an early age that she was very empathetic, always concerned about how things made other people feel over her own emotions. Her perceptive mind and the way she cares deeply about other people - even those she barely knows - is the basis behind much of her music, which she uses to talk about the way people feel when affected by certain aspects of their life.

In terms of sound, Stacey Pilgrim will strive to put across an energetic pop-led brand of pop music that transcends the barriers of the genre. While she will record songs that cover some serious and emotional topics and themes, the singer will strive to entertain with a musical style that makes her stand out from the crowd, appealing to a wide number of fans and helping her on her way to becoming one of the big names in a genre that she has long strived to be a part of. Her love for producing something that sounds exciting and original will help propel the sweet and likeable Stacey into the hearts and minds of many people, making her a household name and a favourite of many down the line.

\Career\

Although only permitted to start seriously looking at a career in pop music once her days at school were finished, Stacey has been looking to get a head start in the industry for the past few years as she pursues a dream she says has always lived with her. The youngster has spent the past few months penning songs in tandem with her father and a number of different song writers in tandem with finishing her high school studies. Before deciding to embark on her solo career, Stacey also applied and auditioned for the TV talent show "The Voice Canada." Although successful in her initial audition with the producers of the show, she decided not to pursue this option and pulled out before the live recordings in front of the judges. Since then, the young hopeful has looked at avenues on which to push her career forward. To date, she has used social media to spread a number of her singing videos. On YouTube, the sweet-mannered singer used songs by some of her favourite stars to promote herself. SYNCO's Never Really Mattered earned her a decent number of views in the three weeks after its release, before her own rendition of the number one single from Finnish pop star Pixie - Bold - received more than 150,000 views in less than a month, giving Stacey a small following. Those who clicked through from YouTube to her Facebook music profile were treated to rough demos of a number of her own original tracks, including the likes of Will of the World, Roses and Inside of Me - although it has been confirmed that none of these tracks is likely to make it on to any official recording further down the line.

Stacey Pilgrim draws her influences in song writing from a number of different avenues. In terms of her style, she claims her music is most like Nadia Berry, the legendary pop songstress who has inspired a generation. She also believes though that there is a new era of pop music in the industry now that will help to promote a change in music and a new wave of pop that will dominate the charts for years to come. She cites her favourite pop star of the moment as eccentric Finnish chart topper Pixie, adding that the quirky attitude and refusal to just be a carbon copy of everyone else makes the blonde a real pop star in the making. Other influential singers she cites as being personal favourites include Abie Lena and emotional country star Ellie Grace Summers. Stacey also recently praised the young pop band SYNCO, saying that the pop music world needs a strong and talented girl band to give it the sort of credibility it has had in years gone by with the likes of GirlSpice.

Although she has yet to secure a recording deal, the singer said she is happy to work on her own to prove her worth as a singer before the right deal for her needs comes along, refusing to just sign to any old label that comes along. Stacey plans originally to style herself as the queen of social media. She said that it is a path that has been trodden before, if only lightly, and one that she would like to highlight. Having seen the rise and fall of MySpace, the singer is convinced that Twitter and Facebook now has a large part to play in the future of an industry that is still adapting to the rigours of new media. She said the sharing aspect and the ability to advertise rather than merchandise will make the future of music change towards this sort of style of release. Stacey even went as far as to say that she would consider conducting her whole career on social media, such is the level of confidence she has in the power of the medium.

/Personal Life/

Although most of her songs to date have been about love and the pain it can cause, Stacey Pilgrim claims to have never had a boyfriend herself. She said that she was too busy concentrating on school work for the most part of her life, and added that she was seen as too geeky to date by most of the boys she knew. The notions and emotions throughout her tracks come from her perception of other people and the way they hurt after relationships.

In her family life, Stacey is the baby of her clan. She was born seven whole years after her brother, RECKLESS ABANDON singer Pilgrim Pilgrim, a fact which deemed the two as quite distant from each other in early life. Pilgrim has admitted that he often felt his parents neglected him in favour of their darling daughter, a fact he said caused him to resent his baby sister. The two, although related, have barely spoken to each other in a number of years, although Stacey remains close to Pilgrim's estranged wife Envy, who was her babysitter when she was younger.

Stacey still lives with her parents in Toronto, Canada, where she says she is very happy. The teenager is very close to both of her parents, and wad always the apple of her dad's eye growing up. The pair have subsequently gone from father and daughter to songwriting buddies, and are now working on getting Stacey's music released as soon as they possibly can.

\Back Catalogue\

UserPostedImage

Singles

Will of the World - Facebook only release - October 2012
Roses - Facebook only release - September 2012
The Truth About You - Facebook only release - March 2012
Inside of Me - Facebook only release - January 2012
Bold [PIXIE COVER] - YouTube only release - March 2013 - 150,000+ views
Never Really Mattered [SYNCO COVER] - YouTube only release - February 2013 - 50,000+ views

Album

Pop Stuff - Facebook only release - 2013 tba

/Tour News/

Check back soon to find out where you can see Stacey Pilgrim live!

\News\

Subscribe to the RSS Feed to get all the news about Stacey Pilgrim!

/Pilgrims' Zone/

This will be the area where all members of Stacey's fan club - affectionately known as Pilgrims - will be able to get exclusive deals and news about their brand new favourite star. Freebies and special offers as well as exclusive competitions will become available on this part of the website for those who become members. Gold membership will cost fans $30 per year and this will allow them the chance to get pre-sale tickets and a number of webstore discounts, as well as a membership card, free gift and a quarterly update letter from Stacey. Platinum membership costs $50 and will allow all of the gold membership perks, as well as access to previews of new music and access to a special Stacey Pilgrim fans forum. Diamond membership is the top level, and this costs $150 per year. Membership is restricted in number and includes all gold and platinum perks. Diamond Pilgrims will also receive the chance to attend a meet and greet with the singer and a guaranteed annual handwritten personalised message from Stacey herself. Whatever the level you choose to buy at, Pilgrims Unite! We're all in this together.

\Merchandise\

T-shirts, posters, badges, bags, CDs and more coming soon. Check back for all your Stacey Pilgrim merchandise!
Envy /\/\/\ Stacey Pilgrim

thanks 8 users thanked theonlysorrow for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 05/04/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/04/2013(UTC), erich hess on 05/04/2013(UTC), Walton on 05/04/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 05/04/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/04/2013(UTC), niggajones on 05/04/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 06/04/2013(UTC)
Online erich hess  
#2 Posted : 05 April 2013 07:01:20(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17916 time(s) in 10410 post(s)
Erich:she seems absolutely flipping adorable. If she sounds half as cute as she looks,she could be deadly.

Mariko: baby sitter?! Envy sat on you?!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
theonlysorrow on 05/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 05 April 2013 07:01:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: This is great for a starting website :) Looks very good and clean.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline theonlysorrow  
#4 Posted : 05 April 2013 07:20:02(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich:she seems absolutely flipping adorable. If she sounds half as cute as she looks,she could be deadly.

Mariko: baby sitter?! Envy sat on you?!

Stacey - Awww why thank you :) people always tell me I'm cute but it just makes me blush. I have some songs coming soon though so you will be able to hear :)

What do you mean sat on me? I meant like she looked after me when mom and dad were out. She was like my big sister growing up lol.

Online erich hess  
#5 Posted : 05 April 2013 07:27:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17916 time(s) in 10410 post(s)
Erich:pop music is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have everything weekend or SYNCO have released

Karoliena: it's kinds creepy,erich.

Erich:yeah? Well...so's your mom!

Karoliena:she sure is. She's like the Belgian mommy dearest.

Mariko:oh! Sometimes I fail at English. I was wondering why anyone would sit on a baby....then I started thinking I missed out by not being sat on..
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline theonlysorrow  
#6 Posted : 05 April 2013 08:10:18(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This is great for a starting website :) Looks very good and clean.

Ooc: Thank you. Been working on it for a few days so I'm glad you like it :)

Offline theonlysorrow  
#7 Posted : 05 April 2013 08:36:49(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich:pop music is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have everything weekend or SYNCO have released

Karoliena: it's kinds creepy,erich.

Erich:yeah? Well...so's your mom!

Karoliena:she sure is. She's like the Belgian mommy dearest.

Mariko:oh! Sometimes I fail at English. I was wondering why anyone would sit on a baby....then I started thinking I missed out by not being sat on..

Stacey - You do? Me too! I love both those bands so much. One day I hope I can have even half as many fans as those guys have. That would be a dream for me :)

Mariko, no, that's funny lol. She never sat on me that would be cruel lol. She was always the one to look after me though. Sadly that's how she met my brother.

User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#8 Posted : 05 April 2013 08:41:44(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
OOC: This is fantastic for a new RPer. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this. :)

Ellie-Grace: I'm one of your influences? Wow, thanks! I'll definitely be keeping a lookout for you and I wish you the best :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 05 April 2013 08:45:12(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Omg I love you so much thank you for listing us as one of your influences we really appreciate it and we love you and you're amazing and perfect and super rad! :)

ooc: Amazing job on all of this it came out great :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline theonlysorrow  
#10 Posted : 05 April 2013 08:54:20(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This is fantastic for a new RPer. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this. :)

Ellie-Grace: I'm one of your influences? Wow, thanks! I'll definitely be keeping a lookout for you and I wish you the best :)

Thank you so much :) It took me a long time to get it how I wanted. I'm smiling that people like it though :)

Stacey - Yeah, you definitely are. I love emotion and meaning in songs. You deliver that like no one else and its a reason I love your music. You always bring it.

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Omg I love you so much thank you for listing us as one of your influences we really appreciate it and we love you and you're amazing and perfect and super rad! :)

ooc: Amazing job on all of this it came out great :)

Awww thank you so much <3 I'm happy you liked how it looks :)

Stacey - Omg its cute little Layla from SYNCO! You're my damn favourite. J'adore! Thank you so much Layla. You made my night by checking out my site.

Offline niggajones  
#11 Posted : 05 April 2013 10:39:30(UTC)
niggajones

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 739 time(s) in 493 post(s)
Tony: I have a feeling that if Stacy Pilgrim was a potato, she'd be a good potato.
Neil: une pomme de terre bonne, Tony. She's french canadian, like me.
Tony: Well hopefully she doesn't suck as much as you do.
Neil: va te faire foutre!
Tony: wait a minute, let me look that up on google translate..
Neil: err, i meant...oui oui.
Tony: *narrows eyes at neil*
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked niggajones for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/04/2013(UTC), theonlysorrow on 05/04/2013(UTC)
Offline theonlysorrow  
#12 Posted : 06 April 2013 00:56:28(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: niggajones Go to Quoted Post
Tony: I have a feeling that if Stacy Pilgrim was a potato, she'd be a good potato.
Neil: une pomme de terre bonne, Tony. She's french canadian, like me.
Tony: Well hopefully she doesn't suck as much as you do.
Neil: va te faire foutre!
Tony: wait a minute, let me look that up on google translate..
Neil: err, i meant...oui oui.
Tony: *narrows eyes at neil*

Stacey - A potato? I'm confused why I would be a vegetable lol. But thank you. Merci merci!