logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2014 10:15:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: March 23rd, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Genre: Country pop, Pop
Length: 3:16
Label: Independent
Writer(s): Casey Johnson
Producer: Paul Worley

Song Description
After releasing her debut single, 'We Ain't So Cool' which was well received by critics and fans alike, Casey Johnson went back to recording and focusing on her album after her label went inactive. This time she set out to make a more laid back song, something, she says, reflects her style as well. With the same bold and brash attitude, Johnson sets out to crush the dreams of any guy who wants to come up to her but doesn't have what she really loves; big blue eyes! 'Big Blue Eyes' is the second single from Casey Johnson and will be included on her album. The Country pop track allows us to hear her, a little more calm and laid back, but still as sassy as ever. With her perfect vocals and twangy accent, the Southern Belle more than delivers. Casey wrote the song and it was produced by Paul Worley, whom she met while she was attending concerts during the winter. The two teamed up and will be working together for some of her album as well.

'Big Blue Eyes,' musically, is a burst of sunshine mixed in an ear worm of a melody that has audible steel guitars in the mix and features a nice twangy guitar solo balanced with some steel guitars. The uptempo song has Casey written all over it, with her powerful vocals and southern charm, she sets out to, in essence, push away the guys that approach her. The song is told from her perspective, as she is turning down a guy and protests she'll only fall for a man who has 'big blue eyes.' During the bridge, if you listen closely you can hear the funky bass line that works around the electric and steel solos. Musically, it has a bassy guitar riff, simple yet effective, and it’s underlying the verses really enhances it, and let’s it fester as an earworm. The pre-choruses strip down to begin anticipation for the release of the chorus, which delivers, with a punchy drum beat, incorporating a variety of bluesy ornaments and flairs. From here, you run into the more interesting second verse, which in true modern country style builds on the drum part, with more decoration and a fuller mix.

"Well I was scared at first to release my first single but I'm glad that so many people liked it! My followers were sayin' how great it was and that made my heart melt. Even though I'm not signed with Chaos anymore, I'm still gonna make music, even if I have to do it myself and be independent, I don't mind at all! My family are behind me 100% and will support me no matter what and I love them for it. I definitely have been working on my album and hopefully I get signed before then but if not then I'll still release it! Nothing is gonna hold me back yall. Okay so yall know when a guy is tryin' his hardest to talk to you and all that? Well, this is basically just me talkin' about a guy doin' that with me. He thought that he could smile and show off his expensive things but you know I'm not impressed with that. It's a really feel-good song, you can dance to it and even sing it at karaoke! I really love this song, it has a great feelin' to it and it's nice to just ride down the road or on a trip somewhere. I hope you guys love it too!" - Casey Johnson

*Lyrics*

[Verse 1]
See, he was talking real smooth to all the ladies
Every little word they just stared in amazement
Dressed in his blue jeans and a white shirt
Yeah, he might watch her but his mind was somewhere else
All the girls knew that he was a charmer
Mama thought he was the perfect man
And every father knew that they didn't want him, coming 'round their daughters
Telling all his good lies
Baby I know this disguise

[Chorus]
I don't know who you think you're foolin' , like you really give a damn about me
You can talk and talk until you pass out, but I know your routine
Tell me how pretty you think I am
And how you're not like the other guys
You can flash your smile, show off your style
But I'm a sucker for a guy that got them big blue eyes
Oooh, them big blue eyees

[Verse 2]
I done heard every pick up line
I'm not impressed with your fancy ride
You think your ways will get you some mhm, but boy uh uh, I don't come that easy (What?)
Take a walk (Aww)
Good try, but get lost!

[Chorus]
I don't know who you think you're foolin' , like you really give a damn about me

[Chorus]
Wooo, I love guys with them big blue eyes, lord
Make me melt with them big blue eyes

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 23 March 2014 10:16:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 23/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/03/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 25/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2014 23:40:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: You have a hit here Casey! that's my type of music, believe it or not, I'm a huge country fan and it means I'm gonna become a fan of your music. This is such a lovely song, it flows easily which is even more appealing for me to enjoy it. Congratulations.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2014 02:35:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Abie: You have a hit here Casey! that's my type of music, believe it or not, I'm a huge country fan and it means I'm gonna become a fan of your music. This is such a lovely song, it flows easily which is even more appealing for me to enjoy it. Congratulations.

Casey: Thank you Abie, those are huge words coming from someone like yourself :) I never woulda guessed you loved Country but hopefully I can influence the rest of the industry too! Country is a beautiful thing ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2014 09:34:13(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Lotus : Love this song , Casey ! I've never heard your debut but I'm Googling my ass off right now . I go through this about every other day and this has became my theme song . Think I wanna remix it and everything lol .

OOC : Love this song and it's lyrics . It has a fun sassy kick to it and I really like them . And I'm serious about Lotus remixing it lol . I wanna see how it'll turn out .
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2014 10:16:50(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Casey! Just the artist I've been dying to hear from. Where have you been love? Just like your debut song, this is perfect. Don't stay away too long next time, I need you in my life. :)

Harmony: I don't get it...... you don't have big blue eyes. :(
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 24 March 2014 23:15:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Lotus : Love this song , Casey ! I've never heard your debut but I'm Googling my ass off right now . I go through this about every other day and this has became my theme song . Think I wanna remix it and everything lol .

OOC : Love this song and it's lyrics . It has a fun sassy kick to it and I really like them . And I'm serious about Lotus remixing it lol . I wanna see how it'll turn out .

Casey: Thank you! Google away girl :) I google myself all the time just to see if I pop up! Ooh, that would be amazing! Feel free to remix it as much as you like, I'm honored :D

OOC: Thanks :) and go ahead :P me too lol.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Casey! Just the artist I've been dying to hear from. Where have you been love? Just like your debut song, this is perfect. Don't stay away too long next time, I need you in my life. :)

Harmony: I don't get it...... you don't have big blue eyes. :(

Casey: Thank you. Oh you know, once you get knocked on your own two feet, it takes a little while to get back up but I'm here! I'll try not too ;)

@Harmony: Oh darlin', it's okay, neither do I!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2014 23:46:05(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: Note to self get those blue eye contacts that you can sleep in.

Jordan: I don't think it works that way?

Ryan: Chris stop being a dick. This was a good song, and I'm not a big fan of country but if it sounds like this I'll give it another shot.

OOC: Pulled out a country song. something different around here, I love it.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 25 March 2014 02:28:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: Note to self get those blue eye contacts that you can sleep in.

Jordan: I don't think it works that way?

Ryan: Chris stop being a dick. This was a good song, and I'm not a big fan of country but if it sounds like this I'll give it another shot.

OOC: Pulled out a country song. something different around here, I love it.

Casey: Aww don't change for me Chris :) I secretly like brown eyes too ;)

Thank you guys!

Ooc: Thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 25 March 2014 04:55:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: I remember you. Nice to see its all working out and you're managing to carve your way independently in this world. You must be one of the only ones from the factory still around. Good work, and I'm really into your song, very catchy and different.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 25 March 2014 10:29:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott: I remember you. Nice to see its all working out and you're managing to carve your way independently in this world. You must be one of the only ones from the factory still around. Good work, and I'm really into your song, very catchy and different.

Casey: I'm forever grateful for you signing me and mentoring me Mr. Rose-Hilton. I'll be sure to make sure I don't waste a lick of talent and thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage