logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#61 Posted : 17 February 2014 08:41:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Looks good, it was just like a real video the way it was written :)

Jade: This video is so cute and badass at the end, I love it so much! I've been hearing you all over the place mISTER_b! I also appreciate your videos and how they correlate with the single so well, really great job here :)

Mia: Yes, death, yes!!!!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#62 Posted : 18 February 2014 01:29:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Looks good, it was just like a real video the way it was written :)

Jade: This video is so cute and badass at the end, I love it so much! I've been hearing you all over the place mISTER_b! I also appreciate your videos and how they correlate with the single so well, really great job here :)

Mia: Yes, death, yes!!!!

OOC: Thank you, I did a very simple writing actually, but thanks for enjoying it ;)

mISTER_b: Thanks Jade, It feels so good to receive feedback when you put some really hard work on your stuff, so I appreciate your comments ;) and YAS MIA, DEATH (UAAAAAA) this last one is my evil laugh ;P
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/02/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#63 Posted : 18 February 2014 11:49:53(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Sonyae: Such a flawless video. Love the plot of this video. Btw, Gemma is one bad female. W E R K B I T C H
thanks 2 users thanked Walton for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 18/02/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#64 Posted : 18 February 2014 13:01:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Amazing! Loved how this turned out, thanks for asking Gemma to get on a song. This was huge for her, and mister. He deserves all the success he is getting. You can see the effort and amazing quality of RPs you consistently give. This was such a good read, I honestly wish this was real lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#65 Posted : 19 February 2014 10:14:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Sonyae: Such a flawless video. Love the plot of this video. Btw, Gemma is one bad female. W E R K B I T C H

mISTER_b: Thank you Sonyae, certainly Gemma is badass! haha miss you girl ;)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Amazing! Loved how this turned out, thanks for asking Gemma to get on a song. This was huge for her, and mister. He deserves all the success he is getting. You can see the effort and amazing quality of RPs you consistently give. This was such a good read, I honestly wish this was real lol.

OOC: I wished it was like this too, I thought about paying homage to the REAL "Perfume" plot. Glad you liked it and I'm happy people are enjoying mISTER_b, he's a nice dude.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#66 Posted : 21 February 2014 08:48:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

mISTER_b did a short interview to KISS FM before he took the flight for his big performance in Brazil's number one club in the world GREEN VALLEY, check it out bellow, he talked about working with artists such as Mandy Williamz and Vanity and even about new music!

UserPostedImage

Ryan: So here in the studio to chat with us, is the most requested producer of nowadays, give it up for Drake!

Cheers and screams

Drake: What’s up y’all

Ryan: Hey man how are you doing?

Drake: Oh I’m fine, I just think you forgot to tell that I’m mISTER_b…

Ryan: I did not, I was going to let people imagine who the hell Drake is – laughs – I mean if people listen to our show, they’ll knew that you introduced your name last time you were here.

Drake: Oh Yeah, I did, sorry – giggles

Ryan: So many things happened since the last time you stopped by to chat with us, you had your number one album, two number one singles, countless of people watching your videos, singers of all parts of the world calling you to produce music for them, am I right?

Drake: Well, the number one album and singles it’s correct, the other parts, it’s just buzz – slightly laugh – I mean, my manager is the pain in the ass here, in order to get my name out he keeps on calling singers everywhere for me to produce them

Ryan: Did that happen with Vanity?

Drake Laughs and breathe before answer

Drake: Well sort of, I mean, no I’m kidding.

Ryan: how that happened?

Drake: I was in the studio, well I’m always in a recording studio, anyway, I received this private call in my phone and usually I don’t pick up such calls, but my manager told me to pick up, I guess he already knew that it was Vanity on the phone.

Ryan: Did you believe it was Vanity for real?

Drake: Of course not! I thought it was some kind of joke, and she sounded so low key on the phone, she told it was her, and I started laugh on the phone, and the funniest thing, she laughed too, it was crazy, till the point she finished laughing and ask me if I could meet her in the studio to listen some music she has created.

Ryan: WOW, you stopped the laughed too I guess…

Drake: …Immediately, I apologize, but she said it was ok, and I started that “fan” thing you know, I wish I wasn’t like that, because it’s hard for someone who wants to work with you, hear stuffs like “OMG you’re incredible” “blah blah blah” but I guess she was ok with that too.

Ryan: It was quite nice though

Drake: Yes it was, after the shock, It was very quickly, I was in the studio with her and I was drinking my cup of coffee and producing Vanity, such an easy life. – slightly laugh

Ryan: Well you also are producing Mandy Williams, can you tell us anything about that too?

Drake: Mandy is such a young girl, her manager asked us if we could work with her on some songs and I did some songs for her, then I showed her and we could put things together and make it more appealing to her fans, it was another great time, you know, its good to have my name out there.

Ryan: I believe so, I mean making music is your main job, you started out as a producer

Drake: Yeah and that’s so cool that I’m able to work with this variety of genres, it’s refreshing man, I love it.

Ryan: Can you tell us any other artist you’re working right now?

Drake: This is the sad part of the job, I always can’t say

People at the studio shouts a big “ahhhhhh…”

Drake: But you know Ryan, I’m sure you know.

Ryan: Ok, Drake, don’t leave yet, we’re gonna hear the brand new single “Involuntary Memories” ... damn that is a sad song Drake

Drake: It is, but I like it, I like Gemma’s voice in this track, it’s very sad.

Ryan: Did you know she would break up with James Urie?

Drake: NO WAY! Did she? OMG, anyway, no this song was recorded a long time ago.

Ryan: This is “Involuntary Memories” by mISTER_b featuring Gemma, we’ll be right back.

---

Ryan: We’re back with Drake aka mISTER_b, mow moving on to your own work, your album is still in the top five ever since its December release date and you just announced a side project is that right?

Drake: Well, I’m always making music and recently I started to get inspired by hip hop music and all of a sudden a couple of tracks were being created, but they’re not like a mISTER_b track, you know, so when I showed my team the songs they thought about this cool idea of releasing a side project.

Ryan: How do you describe these songs different from your current work?

Drake: Well they’re electronic music, but they have some other real instruments such as bass and guitar and percussion, they’re more grooves you know.

Ryan: When do you intend to release it?

Drake: I’m not sure yet, I’m still looking for people to collaborate with us, and I tell you us, because this is not a single project, I have a good friend I met a couple of months ago who’s working with me on it, but we’re taking our time.

Ryan: Who’s this mysterious person?

Drake: It’s Nate Alexander, if you didn’t know him, he’s sibling of Gia-Rose big boss herself.

Ryan: WOW, that’s quite a responsibility! So you still don’t have a date for this side project, but what about a second mISTER_b album?

Drake: That’s another story, I’m so productive these times, but I don’t really know, I haven’t thought about making music for mISTER_b second album yet, Im in the middle of my tour and also working on music for other artists and my side project, it’s not the right time now to make mISTER_b music I guess, but it will arrive when it’s time.

Ryan: It better be, people are crazy about you right now, I mean, but as you mentioned your tour, you’re gonna have a real big concert on Green Valley in Brazil next Saturday.

Drake: Actually after this interview, I’m taking the flight to Brazil, I can’t wait man, it’s the number one club in the world and I’m gonna be the headliner of the night, you don’t know how crazy people get there!

Ryan: Oh, I imagine, as crazy as they get on Holy Shit which you also performed.

Drake: That was another amazing experience, I played with a lot of friends, it was fun!

Ryan: Are you receiving any guest on Brazil?

Drake: Yas! Gemma is coming with me, we’ll be premiering “Involuntary Memories” live for the very first time, isn’t this exciting?

Ryan: Well it seems it is!

Laughs in the studio

Ryan: Well congrats on all the success and we’ll wait for you to premiere this new music with us when it’s ready!

Drake: SURE! That would be a pleasure.

Ryan: So say buy to mISTER_b and here goes for you all “Garden of Love” by Vanity.

Edited by user 21 February 2014 08:55:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 21/02/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#67 Posted : 01 April 2014 00:31:29(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

This is the fourth single off "The Energy", the critic acclaimed electronic album by producer and DJ mISTER_b. The song features Kato and is called "Rising Tide". The single can be requested on radio stations and also you can already download it on ITunes, a special remix of the track will be released this week to promote it, also a music video is on the way!

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro House, Deep House
Length: 4:22
Writer (s): mISTER_b, Electrolightz, Lilly Stuart
Producer: mISTER_b, ElectroLightz
Voice: Kato

Production and Songwriting

Coming from an up flirting mood, introduced by the previous track it seems that the album will end in a very good way, if we’re talking about feelings. This Deep House track is a light at the end of the tunnel and even a soft spot among so many hardcore loud tracks this album has until here. Composed by a drum plus bass sequence with chord instruments prominent of its deep house influence, this track is starts out with an almost half minute introduction melodic sequence setting the right mood for Kato provide his warm and melodic vocals.
The Deep house influence comes from not only for Kato’s lounge vibe vocal performance but due to its chromatic chords underlying sequence mixed with bass and drums, it sets a smooth almost ambient mood to the track. The first strophe of the song keeps the same sound the song was introduced, at the chorus the melodies are resumed to only those chromatic chords sequence and so Kato performs the first half of the chorus over that sound till the melodies come together again and he can perform the other half of the chorus over the full form sound of the track.
There’s a bridge between the first strophe of the track to the second strophe of it, this bridge is basically the base beat sequence that accompany the track till its very end. The second strophe starts with barely no sound but only an ambient lounge house beat with Kato singing over it and so this structure last almost the whole strophe till Kato sings the first half of the second chorus and so the melodies are back full form again.
The last verse of the track has Kato’s in a falsetto singing lines over a chromatic chord beat, till it drops finally the final chorus with the track in its full melody cycle. The track has a lounge overall feeling, the chords set a more soft mood to Kato’s voice and he also sings with a breathy voice and warm intonation making it even more lounge and relaxing than any other track of the record.
Lyrically, it’s the most romantic track of the record, it’s a love declaration for the beloved person by telling that person that after they meeting its own life has changed for better and all the negativity and insecurities of yore are not in its heart anymore. A very happy state of mind in a relationship, hardly different from any other lyric content on the album. It was written by mISTER_b, Electrolightz and Lilly Stuart, produced by mISTER_b and Electrolightz.

Working with Kato

Kato was one of the first to be invited to sing a song for mISTER_b’s debut album, right after Isabel was invited. Knowing that Kato was in a good place emotionally talking, mISTER_b thought about Kato singing this track he did for lounge parties, a DJ is not only made of hardcore sick beats but also by light smooth beats and passionate lyrics and this song is a reference to that.
It two days to record Kato’s vocals and another three days to actually produce the track, Kato traveled to NY to work with mISTER_b, these two days. Additional backing vocal were all performed by Kato once mISTER_b found hard to find another man with the same tone as Kato’s voice has.

Quote:
“I like the lounge vibe this track has, it sort of let all clubber in trance after so many hardcore beats. As DJ and actually thinking as a DJ this track can ends a whole set in one night, like as alight moment on the party which is very acceptable after you play songs like ‘Recovery or the Energy’, you really want to let people leave the craziness of those beats behind and go home relaxed and in a peaceful state of mind.
Kato has a unique voice for a man, I like his tone a lot and it was very fun to work with him, he’s much like me in his behavior, I mean he’s very polite and kind and I’m just like that too, he’s in a good moment of his private life right now, so this track fits perfectly for him.
I like the chords of this track, it’s an old style that not most of DJs use nowadays, with so many softwares out there, I really wanted to have that early 2000’s feel in this track and I think I did it.”

Out of the blue
So naturally
There came you
Surrounding me
I feel in love
For all you are and were
Girl you’re the one of all my dreams
One that disappeared with my insecurities
I guess for now on we’re bound for life

You revolutionized my life
Every new sun shines even brighter
You fill my heart like a rising tide
I’ll never want you out of my side

You dominated my mind
All I can think is having you by my side
Just tell me you’re my valentine

I’ll take your hand
And drive you safe
I'll save you from this world's intents
Now all my desires are on its place
You opened my eyes
And showed me the good side
Girl you’re the one of all my dreams
One that disappeared with my insecurities
I guess for now on we’re bound for life

You dominated my mind

I love you
You love me too
Hearts together
You and me
Forever
I found my second half
For now on we’re unite

You dominated my mind

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/04/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#68 Posted : 01 April 2014 00:35:28(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Really great lyrics on this. High quality RP here :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#69 Posted : 01 April 2014 08:46:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Kato: Really enjoyed working with you, true professional and knows what you're talking about. Definitely can call me up any time you wanna work together again :) Let's make this a smash bro!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Andre Gandra on 01/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#70 Posted : 05 May 2014 21:49:43(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Rising Tide
Artists: mISTER_b, Kato
Album: The Energy
Directed by: Mathew Cullen
Label: Studio60

Clubbers of all parts of the world in this insane pool party in Ibiza while mISTER_b is controlling the DJ cabin and the first beats of the song kicks off, serves as introduction to the video of the song. The whole scene is a flying camera with close ups on mISTER_b’s face while he cheer to the crowd and they dance insanely. Other close-ups on beautiful girls and performers, everything is colorful and the laser lights are everywhere setting a psychedelic look to the scene.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As the first verse of the song starts, Kato appears in the middle of the crowd among the laser lights and all the insanity of that party, he looks sexy and it seems that he is not in the same energy as the others are in that party, he keeps lip-syncing the first verse of the track to the camera as people go insane around him, it does look like he is in a parallel portion of time, because he sings in slow motion and everyone around him is just in fast tempo, jumping and partying really hard.

UserPostedImage

He looks for someone in the middle of that crowd till he finally finds a girl in the same portion of time that he is, so they share some glances and both smile to each other as the song goes one reaching the chorus and Kato realizes that to get to that girl, he’s gonna have some trouble due to the crowded space, but the connection that he had with that beautiful girl was instant and he would try his best to get to her.

UserPostedImage

The song goes on and Kato fights against the crowd to get where that pretty girl are, as mISTER_b plays the track, Kato manages to get where he first saw that girl, but she is not there anymore, he turn around to look for her again while he sings the second verse of the track, his eyes trying to find the other girls eyes, suddenly he finds her, she’s near the bar, he smile for her and she smiles back, it’s going to be another adventure for Kato to fight the crowd to get near the stage where the girls is at.

UserPostedImage

Another failure attempt, while he sung the second chorus, he arrives near the stage, but the girl is not there anymore, so he makes a sign to mISTER_b and while the song goes playing mISTER_b gets near the edge of the stage to talk with Kato, they seem to have a plan, well Kato is probably asking mISTER_b’s help to get to that girl.
While the last break moment of the track is playing, mISTER_b places all lights in the middle of the club and so all people who were partying made a circle around that cannon light that was lightening the center of the dance floor, Kato goes straight to the so he is being illuminated by that light and suddenly the girl appears and goes near him, when she approaches him mISTER_b takes the light out of them and everyone goes back dancing and the song ends.

- I thought I wouldn’t reach you, it was quite hard to get near you. – says Kato to that pretty girl
- I know, but I’m happy we are closer now – says the girls smiling to him

Kato keeps staring the girl’s eyes when she takes out off her purse a cellphone and asks

- I’m your fan! Perhaps my boyfriend can take a picture of us…

The video ends.

Edited by user 09 May 2014 05:39:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 05/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#71 Posted : 09 May 2014 05:46:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

How does a boy overcome his parent’s tragic death with the age of five and twenty one years later overcome another loss of his only family member left to take care of him? Well we assume this boy turns into a multi-platinum DJ / Producer whose name is spread all over the hits in the charts.
That’s how our story starts, with loss and suffering, Drake Anthony Zaslavsky born in New York in February 17th of 1988 lived his first tragedy when he was five years old while his parents died in a car accident when they were driving back home from a convention of sales, they used to work as sales representatives.

“I really don’t remember how that happened or what I felt when my grandma said to me that my parents wouldn’t be around me anymore. It’s been twenty one years and my heart sort of blocked that memory from my mind, so when I think about that, the only thing I feel is that they’re somewhere watching over me and the craziest thing ever is that I had a recurrent dream with them ever since that day, I still dream that I’m lied down on my mom’s shoulder while she caresses my head and so I fall asleep and my father grabs me and puts me in my bed, I don’t know if that’s a childhood memory, but I travel back time every now and then, that I’m five years old again and I’m with them. Nowadays whenever I dream about that I always pray…”

This is the first time Drake talks about something so private and close his heart, he’s in a fragile moment, so he takes a breathe and smile, while some tears fall from his left eyes, I quickly ask him back, why does he pray after he dreams with his parents. He answers…

“…Because as I grow older, this dream is not so recurrent as it was when I was a child, but I don’t want to stop dreaming it, you know, so I pray for whatever force that makes me dream about that I’ll never stop dreaming with them. My grandma used to tell me that when we dream something like that, it’s more than just a reminiscent memory and I totally believe in her.”

He talks about his grandma too, she died when he was 17, and despite she never saw him succeed she was present at his first DJ attempt when he used to work in a radio station. If you didn’t know, he started out his career as a radio broadcaster, he used to host a show at dawn called “Ask mister Drake” where listener’s called him to ask songs to be played, most of the songs requested were love songs and those listeners were not only asking him to play their songs but also to give love tips.

“That was a very funny moment of my life, when I used to work on Radio, man, I was a pain in the ass for my audience and I really don’t know why they kept calling me, we used to have listeners who wanted to talk with me every night, despite I was always joking with them.”

His jokes and his bullshit talking gave him his stage name “mISTER_b” and after only eight months working on Radio he got a job at a nightclub in NYK, with his friend Thomas' help. Obviously he didn’t know that another tragic moment would happen in his life, his grandma died two weeks after he played his first gig as resident of that nightclub. She died of heart attack, it was instant, Drake was at home with her, she passed away sleeping. When he talks about that he really seems to be comfort and fine with that, he suffered, but his vision of life is so much open wide than most people are.

“My Grandma, I really hope she’s in a better place, I think she had a beautiful death, so I never cry when I remember that she passed away, because I feel like she was tired of living away from her husband and her daughter (his mother), so I use to say that she only lasted the time to raise me and after I was ready to hit the road and live my life, she could go after to where her heat belong. It might sound sad, but I’m really fine with that, I only feel that she didn’t see me succeed as used to tell her I would, but I know she knows somewhere that I’m a famous DJ. I miss her”.

How does someone handle so much loss and painful moments in life? We clearly see in the world that such a great amount of people can’t overcome tragic situations without psychological help and treatments, but Drake never went to the doctor, it’s something that he in heritages, he explains.

“My grandma always taught me that death is a matter of life, and that she would die someday and I would keep living and she refused to even imagine myself suffering of her death, so that was an often dialogue at our home, so I guess I never needed any help to overcome any tragic moment of my life because of her teachings.”

Moving on to the losses of his life, Drake was 19 years old when he lived another tragic moment, his wife at that time was pregnant of three months and she lost their babies in a spontaneous abortion, quickly after that abortion Drake discover her addiction in Cocaine and so he broke up his relationship with her. Poor girl didn’t know his ex-husband was about to be discovered by one of the most successful girl bands of pop music.

“I married when I was 18, well I had no family at that time, so the idea of getting a family for me was quite good, then I married and we were expecting a baby when I found out that she was doing Cocaine after one year, even though she found out the pregnancy. That’s something I blame myself, because I was so obsess in succeed as a DJ that I was not paying attention to what was happening with my ex-wife at that time. She was depressed because of my lack of interest on her and I think about it now and I realize that perhaps her pregnancy was an attempt to call my attention, but even though I was happy with the idea of being a father, it was not enough for her, I do blame me for not loving her as much I love my music. In the end we decided to break up, and I had this statement in my mind that I would only marry again if I loved the woman as much as I love making music.”

UserPostedImage

It was in a Friday night that two hot chicks went to the club where Drake was resident in NYK, they were “searching for an underground producer” but Drake was not a producer at that time, despite he did some music for himself. He had just performed and he was at the backstage of the club when a brunet and a read head chick sited beside him introducing themselves as Lilly Stuart and Magie Lena. His first reaction to them was answer them back right away by saying that he was “Michael Jackson” he couldn’t believe that those girls were from ElectroDeath.

“We use to watch celebrities on television but we don’t think about meeting them in person in your place of work. So when Lilly and Magie approached me that Friday I did not believe, of coarse! So we all laughed after our introduction, but then the laughing ended and so they said again, ‘we’re from ElectroDeath and we’re looking for an underground producer’ so I perceived they were serious, it was just like all my body freeze and I started to shake, I couldn’t pronounce a word, after I got back to reality we started to talk about music and so I ended up the next week traveling to L.A.”

He didn’t know back then, but Lilly Stuart was friend of Thomas, which was and still is the owner of the NYK nightclub where Drake was resident. Quickly, Drake was hired by the long gone “E-Records” and they worked in the final studio album of ElectroDeath which resulted in the number one hit single “Lies” produced and composed by Drake. They were a big happy family, Drake toured with ElectroDeath that year and he was finally getting his name known elsewhere in the world, when suddenly he faced another tough time.

“It was a dream coming to reality for me, to be able to play for thousands of people every night, to live through the music, I got to meet so many cool artists, it was surreal for me, I used to pinch me every night I was in the stage performing, because when you pursue a dream to become famous and recognized by your music you don’t imagine what is like being really famous, in real life, not only in your dreams.”

ElectroDeath and E-Records were over! After the world tour, the girls decided to end their band and so the label was over too and Drake was once again a struggling artist. He was walking in the path of success when suddenly he missed the road and he was again in the side of the road. No one to support him, he was almost coming back to New York, when Lilly and Magie gave him the opportunity; he so long wished to have.

“I was literally going to buy a ticket to fly back to NYK, because everything was over, the label, the band, the support, I felt like the opportunity was vanishing in front of my eyes, but I didn’t know what were the plans behind those girls’ minds.”

UserPostedImage

Lilly and Magie ended their band but they kept the production team that used to work behind the scenes with their band, so the “ElectroDeath production Team” survived the apocalypse. Everyone was hired under the management of Marcos Stuart, Lilly’s husband and so they could keep on working as producers and writers for acts that Marcos managed, Magie was going for a solo career, Abie Lena was one of those acts that Marcos managed and even Lilly was thinking about a solo career too, so Drake had plenty of work to do, but Lilly was not worry about anyone else’s career but Drake himself.

“We were signing the contract to keep on with ElectroDeath production team, when Lilly approached me about some music that I was working on ever since I was hired by E-Records. She said that I needed to pursue a solo career, not only work behind the scenes. So I had a conversation with Macros, her husband and we set a deal, I was going to release an EP and see the reaction of people, if I would be able to really release music of my own. Because for a DJ it’s hard, I mean we don’t sing, obviously electronic music is living a very good phase recently despite the urban sound seems to be reviving, but as a clubber, I feel like people are more cling to buy electronic music from artists that sing, and for a DJ to have a number one hit album or single not only on the dance club charts, but in the mainstream charts, it’s something that might take the EDM music to other levels, so Marcos basically convinced me that it was time for me to release the songs I had in my notebook.”

The first stages of Drake’s debut EP started out quickly as they set the deal for his solo career, Electrodeath team started to dedicate their time to make Drake’s music approachable for every audience in the world. By that time Drake was invited to produce some music for other artists and one of them was probably one of the most successful singers of recent years, Isabel Merjos, although the song they recorded ended up being cut out of Isabel’s record, it was given to another rising star, Pixie. But the meeting with Isabel not only served to produce or to make music for her album, Drake developed a good friendship with her, a friendship that would open the world for a song to be recorded even though Isabel was a Studio60 artist and they didn’t even ask permission to her record label for her to record that song.

“What people don’t know about ‘Recovery’ is that, we didn’t have legal permission to release it, because we recorded the track hidden from any of our managers, even Marcos my manager didn’t know the existence of a song recorded by Isabel Merjos, produced and composed by me. We were just having a good time in the studio when I approached Isabel with the song, it was not completely written, I only had the first verse and half of the chorus written, so she looked at me and said, I’m gonna record it, I was like so shocked, because Isabel was a huge star, anything that I would release with her name attached to it, would turn into a hit and the craziest thing was that I could put her in trouble or even get myself in trouble, because we didn’t have legal permission to record a song like that together. But she did record the song.”

The EP was almost done when Marcos asked Drake to prepare a track for a special meeting they would have with Studio60. At that time Marcos had recently re-signed his artist Abie Lena with the major label, so it was a kind gesture of the label’s executives to meet Marcos’s newly managed artist, Drake. In a Sunday afternoon, they met up in the headquarters of Studio60 to present Drake to big boss Gia Rose Hilton! Drake was taking ‘Recovery’ with him, even though no one else knew that Isabel was in that pen driver! So many things could happen that afternoon, a lawsuit, money loss, Marcos could eve loose his deal with the label, regarding Abie Lena or worst that could be the last time Drake would ever attempt to sign in with a Record label.

“I was terrified, I didn’t tell Marcos about ‘Recovery’ and he told me that he would get the EP contract for me, if I show them the track ‘the energy’, because it was hardcore EDM and they wanted to sign a DJ for a specific audience but I was going to show ‘Recovery’ and the song had vocals from one of that label’s A-List singers. I was screwed, man, I thought.”

Drake played ‘Recovery’ and obviously everyone in the room recognized Isabel’s signature voice, Gia stranded her hand ordering him to stop the track in the middle of it, she looked at him.

“Man, she said that I was really brave to show them a song like that, especially with Isabel on it, no one else knew about Isabel recording a song for an unknown DJ like me. If I was a baby I would have pooped right there, LOL, I mean you don’t know how piercing Gia’s eyes can be for the business, so she said ‘you’re hired’, I looked at Marcos and we both started to smile, she warned us right away, ‘you knew this song is still illegal, so do what you have to do with it and get it done till next week, I want it ready for the radio for next Friday’ she looked at one of those suit guys sited next to her and said ‘call Isabel, let’s set up a meeting, call Anthony we need a hit video’ I was like so dizzy with everything that she was saying till she pointed at me and said ‘you have an album to finish till next month’ and I feel down on the chair, I mean we had six songs done for an EP and I had left a meeting with an album to be completed.”

Recovery debuted under the top ten on both radio and download charts till it’s video was released a week after the track was already broadcasting elsewhere, and the track jumped right to the first spot of both world charts. It sold over three million copies and made Drake’s debut album ‘The Energy’ debut in the first spot of the world charts with almost 400 thousand copies sold in first week.
It was phenomenon, no one could ever imagine that by the end of the year of 2013 such a young guy would dominate the mainstream music as he did, hit after hit, a sold out world tour, sponsoring contracts popping everywhere, his name being requested to all A-list artists as a producer, the boy with no family now had a huge family of almost 6 billion people, because he was embraced and accept unanimously in every country he visited, by every single person he met, his name is definitely a multi-million brand, he have a very comfortable contract with Studio60 now, he just finished his very first world tour and he still have a lot of things to do before he’ll prove himself with his second album. This is the ascension of a New York struggling artist that against all odds, proved that you can still be happy even though life has not given you reasons to be happy.

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 09/05/2014(UTC), kandii on 10/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#72 Posted : 09 May 2014 23:49:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: You give me waaay too much credit :P I couldn't have done anything without your love of music and infectious beats. I think taking risks is great and fun and obviously we were right to do so. I'll also tell you, there's not a lot of people I'd put my neck out for like that but I definitely saw something in you and I'm glad everyone else sees it too. Just keep doing what you're doing and you know you've got a lifelong friend in me :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 09/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#73 Posted : 11 May 2014 06:01:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Cool read :) You always make interesting RP's. Nice work
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Andre Gandra  
#74 Posted : 30 July 2014 22:35:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

“This is a special version of a song that I like very much, it is the third track in my debut album and it was an honor to record with Dominic again, he has a beautiful voice and we had a great time at the studio and the result of this acoustic version couldn’t be any better! So hope you’ll enjoy it!”

Song: Offer my Pain
mISTER_b (Feat. Dominic Brown)
The Energy
Studio60
Directed by: mISTER_b

mISTER_b is sit in a piano with closed eyes playing the introduction melody of the track. He bounces his body as he feels the sad riffs of the track “Offer my pain”, the room is deem lighted with candles and smalls lamps near the piano where mISTER_b is playing. Standing beside the piano behind a microphone with a filter is Dominic Brown, he is wearing sunglasses and he also seems focused on the singing he is about to perform. There’s a cup of tea in a table near Dominic, there’s smoke coming out of that cup, Dominic has a serious face expression on his face and when the time comes for him to sing he starts to slowly and sadly perform the first verse of the track.

I saw birds
Kissing dead flowers
I saw dirt
Build up after so many hours

His voice is beautifully clear, he set the harmony for the piano melody that mISTER_b keeps on playing. The pre-chorus of the track starts and mISTER_b speed up the piano melody and so Dominic firms his voice by singing one tone up compared to the first verse and he also is able to add some level of emotion and sexiness in the words he was singing. The studio in deem lights is obviously a perfect combination for the mood the song requires from its performers. The candles and the empty black light surrounding them makes you feel like they were in a void in the outer space. Despite Dominic have sunglasses on; his face expression transmits a subtle empathy to the viewers of this video. Moving forward with the chorus of the track, Dominic shows his vocal skills, a memorable performance for a pop singer like him. He is in tone, he didn’t lose his breathe, despite the long high notes of the chorus and it sounded so clean its perceived to the air he blows from his mouth as he sings the verses.

Nothing significant has changed
We kept the same fake plans
But I was immerse in your conflicts
And I had already lost it

Lying beside you
I thought it was for truth
No one taught me to loose
But I’m learning to
Give me back my words
Things you shouldn’t have heard
Let me pour with the rain
Let me offer my pain

After the chorus, it’s time for mISTER_b show his skills by playing a piano solo and as he plays the camera shows him with closed eyes until it shows Dominic drinking his tea and getting ready to sing the second strophe of the track. This camera transition shows the “recording studio section” feeling that the video has. Dominic is back singing again, he lower his voice once more and sung the second verse of the track. He kept the same Excellency he had in the first half of the track, so then comes the pre-chorus and the final chorus of the track, the notes performed perfectly, clean voice plus an emotional level added to his performance.

I saw the dark
Take over the sunny days
I saw the war
Kill me in many ways

You held my heart in your hands
I only had a memory to restrain
And I still offered my love for you
I was drowning into you

Lying beside you
I thought it was for truth
No one taught me to loose
But I’m learning to
Give me back my words
Things you shouldn’t have heard
Let me pour with the rain
Let me offer my pain

To end the track, mISTER_b once again plays a piano solo, he slower the tempo of the track gradually as he plans to finish it, Dominic took off his sunglasses, took another drink of his tea and waited mISTER_b finish the track smoothly and slowly. The lights of the studio are all lighted up at the end of the track, people clap their performance, both mISTER_b and Dominic are standing to receive the warm few claps from people who were at the studio with them, after it, they shake their hands and the video ends.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Acoustic Version Sounds like

Edited by user 30 July 2014 22:40:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/07/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#75 Posted : 31 July 2014 06:16:07(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Dominic: It was a honor working with you too. Thank you.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 31/07/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#76 Posted : 31 July 2014 06:25:46(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: Oh, this is so beautiful! Great work from both of you! Songs like these always break my heart, but I love them all the more because of it. Fantastic job, men. :)
thanks 2 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 31/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 31/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#77 Posted : 27 October 2014 23:23:18(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Having played an insanely set during the first annual edition of the Fall Festival as the headliner of the third day, mISTER_b is going to tour the world once again, starting on October 31st in Dubai and ending this first leg in Brazil, but the tour has plans to be extended into 2015. Some special venues include “Creamfields Festival” in South America, a role at the DJ Mag top 100 world tour which unites the 100 top Djs elected recently placing mISTER_b as the 5th best DJ in the world, a gig in China for the very first time, he’ll be playing to Chinese fans and obviously the New Year’s eve party in South Brazil in the newly announced second best club in the world “Green Valley”. Most of the gigs are nightclubs except the venues where a festival is held, the tour set is going to be a variety of the set introduced at the Fall Festival, as a DJ mISTER_b always free style on his live performance making them sound unique in the particular occasion, but obviously he promises to play the big hits. Prices differs from venues to venues and country to country, a meet and greet is set to happen in every venue but the fans are going to have to participate of campaigns held by teach venue of the tour so they can be awarded to the special ticket.

Tour Dates

Oct 31 - Sensation White UAE - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nov 01 - Budd International Circuit - New Delhi, India
Nov 02 - Mahalaxmi Race Course - Mumbai, India
Nov 06 - Illusion Music Festival - Asuncion, Paraguay
Nov 07 - Creamfields - Santiago, Chile
Nov 08 - Creamfields - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nov 14 - Top DJ 100 (World Tour) - Istanbul, Turkey
Nov 15 - GLOBE @ Gazi Music Hall - Athens, Greece
Nov 21 - Fridge Festival - Vienna, Austria
Nov 22 - MEGA Hits KingsFest - Lisbon, Portugal
Nov 27 - FORO ALTERNO - Guadalajara, Mexico
Nov 29 - FORO ALIVE - Monterrey, Mexico
Dec 05 - Hakkasan - Las Vegas, NV
Dec 06 - B96 Jingle Bash - Rosemont, IL
Dec 10 - Myst - Shanghai, China
Dec 12 - Djakarta Warehouse Project - Jakarta, Indonesia
Dec 13 - Zouk Out - Singapore, Singapore
Dec 20 - Blackpool Rocks - Blackpool, United Kingdom
Dec 31 - Reveillon Green Valley - Estaleiro, Brazil

More dates will be added later…

If you have spotify account and want to listen to mISTER_b's Fall Festival set, go on and check in the link bellow!

Fall Festival Set List (Sound Alike)

Edited by user 27 October 2014 23:24:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Famouss7x7 on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#78 Posted : 23 January 2015 22:17:32(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

The lapse Time World Tour will take mISTER_b to the hottest festivals and clubs of North America, South and Latin America and Europe, starting this January and ending in May, these dates will also be accompanied by mISTER_b's side project Groove in Downtown, which means that both tours are going to happen the same time, with dates interchanging and also with some venues being the same for both performances. But don't forget, mISTER_b is the progressive house project of Drake Anton Zaslavsky, if you're a fan of his EDM work you must buy one of the dates announced bellow.

Second Leg Tour Dates

JAN 23 - PARK CITY LIVE - PARK CITY, USA
JAN 24 - BELLY UP ASPEN - ASPEN, USA
JAN 24 - BUTTERMILK MOUNTAIN - ASPEN, USA
FEB 11 - SAPNU FABRIKA - RIGA, LATVIA
FEB 12 - CLUB FACTORY - TALLINN, ESTONIA
FEB 13 - CENTRUM STOCZNIA GDANSKA - GDANSK, POLAND
FEB 18 - HOLY SHIP! - MIAMI, USA
FEB 19 - HOLY SHIP! - MIAMI, USA
FEB 20 - HOLY SHIP! - MIAMI, USA
FEB 21 - HOLY SHIP! - MIAMI, USA
MAR 12 - FESTIVAL ESTEREO PICNIC - BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
MAR 14 - LOLLAPALOOZA CHILE - SANTIAGO, CHILE
MAR 19 - ASUNCIÓNICO - ASUNCION, PARAGUAY
MAR 20 - ASUNCIÓNICO - ASUNCION, PARAGUAY
MAR 21 - LOLLAPALOOZA ARGENTINA - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
MAR 22 - LOLLAPALOOZA ARGENTINA - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
MAR 28 - LOLLAPALOOZA BRAZIL - SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
MAR 29 - ULTRA MIAMI 2015 - MIAMI, USA
MAY 15 - HANGOUT FESTIVAL - GULF SHORES, USA
MAY 16 - HANGOUT FESTIVAL - GULF SHORES, USA
MAY 17 - HANGOUT FESTIVAL - GULF SHORES, USA

More Dates Will Added...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Welat65 on 24/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#79 Posted : 08 January 2016 10:01:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

"... and I am awaiting ...
... For you to bring light in the darkness...
... Something, it's coming..."

UserPostedImage

FEBRUARY 8TH
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
kandii on 08/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 09/01/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 09/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#80 Posted : 04 February 2016 23:39:37(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song:Rest of you
Genre: Deep House
Length: 3:28
Vocals: Edward Barát
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): mISTER_b, The Vibrant, ElectroLightz
Label: Studio60

“Rest of you” is a song by American DJ / Producer mISTER_b featuring vocals from showman Edward Barát from the former’s upcoming second studio album “Light in the Darkness”. It was written by mISTER_b and Lilly Stuart. The song will be released on February 8th as the album’s lead single but it’s already available for airplay and streaming.
mISTER_b’s debut single “Recovery” is over two years old now and after his breakthrough, he became one of the most requested and praised artists of the last years. Meantime he released his first record, he also collaborated with other artists such as Aaron Style and Nova and Nate Alexaner, the last one, join him on a side project called Groove In Downtown which released an album and a couple of successful singles during the coarse of last year.
The work on “Light in the Darkness” took two years, many pushbacks and changes on directions to finally become what it is today. More is going to be revealed on the following weeks, concerning the album collaborates and a world tour in support of it. The album is expected to be release in April. The album also marks the final release of his career under the support of record label Studio60.

Song description

"Rest of you" starts with "a Wild West whistle, which laces together guitar balladry and deep house drops, it’s like a massive earworm hook – which is in the form of an addictive whistle line – but its overall tone is marginally darker than their previous shiny anthems. The song's verses are "dusty and spacious" with an acoustic guitar line and the chorus drops into a deep house bassline and stomping club beats. Edward Barát vocals performance is on pitch, his clean and acute tone sets the right emotion of the dark anthem track. Compared to anything that mISTER_b released before, this track might be a career changing point, some of the fans and critics admires of drake’s production, will notice the influence of deep house as a lost of identity to the EDM DJ career.
Its lyrics are about the lost of a friendship and hope, it goes to the core of the human nature after you’ve been betrayed by a friend and you just want to hate him or her for the rest of your life. Overall the track brings something new to the table in terms of electronic music, taking what it’s called of underground electronic music to pop standards, a marvelous job done by the DJ. Additional production on the track belongs to The Vibrant and ElectroLightz, both part of ElectroDeath’s production team.
mISTER_b is aware of the different style the track has, but he said that, he’s also bringing his debut progressive house style on this second album, but as life changes and so his influences did too, he says that he wanted to experiment and grows his skills as a producer, something that he claims to have accomplished with this track.

Lyrics

Quote:
I ran through the beach sands
Without looking behind
With tears in my eyes
You said what you meant
To someone that’s weak
It’s hard to hold on tight

In the breaking dawn
Lyed on the ground
Heart full of anger
Words cutting me deep
You watched me bleed
Selfish and tender

And in my heart the rest of you died
The rest of you died
What’s left of you died
The rest of you died

I know love can be mean
But you were my friend
You should’ve known that
What we used to be
Came to an end
There wasn’t better moment

Don’t need punishments
Don’t need judgments
I just wanted your support
But with eagle eyes
I became your lie
Our friendship was not worth

And in my heart the rest of you died
The rest of you died
What’s left of you died
The rest of you died

Don’t expect me to go back
This time
I can forgive but,
I can’t forget
If you ever cared about me then stop talking
Oh, you died for me that night…

The rest of you died
Oh, the rest of you died
(you died)
What’s left of you died
In my heart the rest of you died

Sounds Like

Edited by user 05 February 2016 00:46:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 05/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 05/02/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 07/02/2016(UTC)