logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2014 08:30:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Length: 3:14
Format: Digital Download, CD Single
Genre: Electro hop
Recorded: 2013
Released: June 15th, 2014
Produced By: The Invisible Men, The Arcade
Written By: Tealiyah Phuong, Vanity
Label: Permanent Reminder

Background/Description
'B.L.O.W' also stylized as 'BLOW' is the first single from Asian-American rapper, Liyah's, album. The song also features Pop phenom Vanity and was released on Liyah's 20th birthday, June 15th. The collaboration came to be after Liyah recorded the song but was looking for another voice to feature on it. She wanted someone that would have some influence on the track and would be able to pull it off with her. Naturally, her first instinct was to attempt to sing it herself but didn't like the way it sounded. She wanted to try and somehow fuse her urban sound with a Pop sound to appeal to the masses, as other female rappers are famous for doing. Without completely changing her sound, she decided to call on Vanity in order to sing the hook for the song as well as the bridge. When the two got together and she wrote her parts and the hook, then laid down her vocals, Liyah knew it was a perfect match, Vanity's electronic favored voice with Liyah's slick and appealing tone. Liyah worked with two new producers for the track, The Invisible Men and The Arcade. She originally wanted to release the track earlier in June but soon delayed the release and surprised fans by releasing it on her birthday.

Musically, the track has stabby synths, hip hop chants, and finger snaps which are mixed in with the beat. It is generalized as an Electro hop song with a heavy electro influence from Vanity's side and Liyah's obvious hip hop influence. Liyah's tone for the song keeps her confident and cockiness but on a different level. Instead of taking her usual approach, there's more of a simplicity with her rapping, something that immediately can appeal to a range of listeners without her fully having to change her entire persona. Vanity comes in with the hook, as the beat picks up with the heavy bass, and stars to sing, 'Watch this for me/You can get the front row/If you don't like it/I got something you can B.L.O.W.' After that, Liyah comes in with another verse, her rapping picking up speed a little bit as she knocks out each line with ease. One noticeable part of the second verse is towards the end when she switches up to make the words rhyme, having a bit of a posh British accent, 'Let me hear that applause, applause, for the boss, the boss/We steppin' all over these bitches with no remorse, remorse' and then precedes to round out the verse with the spelling of hers ad Vanity's name, telling others they can watch her throne.

When Vanity comes in with the Bridge, she urges and almost taunts others as she boasts, 'Crown's on the ground and I'm gonna take it/Ooh, you gonna get it?/Or you gonna watch me claim it?' The vocals take a rest for a minute, as the synthy beat plays and we hear Liyah's voice again, giving a third verse with a sort of seductive type voice she's using then the hook comes in again followed by the outro of Liyah chanting, 'Let me hear that applause, applause, V-A-N-I-T-Y/For the boss, the boss, L to the I/Let me hear that applause, applause, V-A-N-I-T-Y' and Vanity being heard in the background with her voice sounding dodgy with the mixture of synths.

Lyrically, the song refers to not caring about others opinions and telling them to 'Blow' her, which seems to be Liyah marking her already growing territory in the music industry and more specific the hop hop community.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
They already know, It's Asian Nation (Nation)
Pop a trace cus when they mad they start hatin' (Hatin')
Beat so good bitches start faintin' (Faintin')
Doctor's in now, I'll treat you like a patient (You know)
And they should want a bad girl like this (What?)
Give him something he can feel, no hands, just lips (All lips)
Star player while they watchin' from the bench
No waiting, they already got my name on every list (On every list))
If they got a problem, boo we can fix that (Huh?)
Stuntin' never been a problem, I invent that (Yaas)
Too official flow, that's where you lack at
When I come through, boo boo just step back

[Hook: Vanity]
Watch this for me
You can get the front row
If you don't like it
I got something you can B.L.O.W
Watch this for me
You won't be alone
Don't be afraid, I got something you can B.L.O.W

[Verse 2]
Can't no other replace this, I'm too complacent
They stuck on the same thing, but boo I'm replacing
They trying to drag me but end up on they face and
Love me or hate me my pockets ain't fading
Gotta get this money, it's mine, anything else, stand in line
It's this bossette mentality that lets me survive
Gotta get this money, it's mine, anything else, stand in line
Feel the rumble when these forces come together, collide
Let me hear that applause, applause, for the boss, the boss
We steppin' all over these bitches with no remorse, remorse
I am the L to the I, but you already know
V-A-N-I-T-Y, you can watch her throne

Watch this for me
If you don't like it
Watch this for me
You won't be alone

[Bridge: Vanity]
All this money you keep talkin' about
Ooh, you gonna get it?
Or you gonna watch me make it?
Crown's on the ground and I'm gonna take it
Ooh, you gonna get it?
Or you gonna watch me claim it?
Press conference wherever I walk
And I'm tired of your small talk
Fashion show wherever I go
Bitches bitter cause they don't know

[Verse 3]
Li Lang and Vanity, know you love that
Now we on a killing spree, mortal kombat
'Finish him,' it's lights out, feel the impact
Track so hot it's mental how they react
They don't like it but you know it, right?
They take some time, memorize overnight, right? (Alright, alright)
Cus a show ain't nothing
Ride around they city but it's us that they bumping

Watch this for me
If you don't like it
Watch this for me
You won't be alone

[Outro]
Let me hear that applause, applause, V-A-N-I-T-Y
For the boss, the boss, L to the I
(I got something you can B.L.O.W)
For the boss, the boss, L to the I
(I got something you can B.L.O.W)

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 16 June 2014 23:55:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 16/06/2014(UTC), Clampdown on 16/06/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 16/06/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/06/2014(UTC), kandii on 16/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/06/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/06/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 16 June 2014 09:00:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Girl you coming for the masses! YAS! I live for this ghetto pop gem! Honestly, a very unexpected collaboration but it worked out so well! I love when two different artists come together and create stuff like this! Vanity's voice gives it that edge and your verses shine on their own!

OOC: You really made this work, love it :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 16 June 2014 12:24:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: Girl you coming for the masses! YAS! I live for this ghetto pop gem! Honestly, a very unexpected collaboration but it worked out so well! I love when two different artists come together and create stuff like this! Vanity's voice gives it that edge and your verses shine on their own!

OOC: You really made this work, love it :)

Liyah: Always ;) Thanks boo, we did that!

Ooc: Thanks very much :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 16 June 2014 12:47:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17929 time(s) in 10421 post(s)
erica: yes! this is my new song for singing in front of the mirror while i brush my hair. dont be afraid i got something you can blow! i now have even more reason to hangout in the bathroom and preen.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 16 June 2014 19:21:48(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: yes this is my new jam girls amazing choice on Vanity that girl makes any song burst with glitter :D

OOC - nice job on this Tequila, I love the lyrics to this also love Liyah in general she is one of my fave TRSG characters :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6 Posted : 16 June 2014 23:05:53(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: I don't know why, but when I seen that you two had collaborated I was expecting some sort of witch house style song. For better or worse, it isn't. I'm definitely feeling this though, it's a sick combo to be fair. Tight rhymes mixed with Vanity's voice, surprisingly good. I have thought that Rum & Coke were the frontrunner in hip hop for some time, but I think they have got some serious competition now.
retired x
thanks 2 users thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
kandii on 16/06/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/06/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 16 June 2014 23:16:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC : Loooove ! Verses are on point as ALWAYS .

Rum : You just don't know to what extent I jam out when this shit comes on . YOU HAVE NO CLUE .

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:49:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erica: yes! this is my new song for singing in front of the mirror while i brush my hair. dont be afraid i got something you can blow! i now have even more reason to hangout in the bathroom and preen.

Liyah: Shake that asian booty!

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: yes this is my new jam girls amazing choice on Vanity that girl makes any song burst with glitter :D

OOC - nice job on this Tequila, I love the lyrics to this also love Liyah in general she is one of my fave TRSG characters :D

Liyah: Glitter and weed was all that was needed.

OOC: Thank you :)

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: I don't know why, but when I seen that you two had collaborated I was expecting some sort of witch house style song. For better or worse, it isn't. I'm definitely feeling this though, it's a sick combo to be fair. Tight rhymes mixed with Vanity's voice, surprisingly good. I have thought that Rum & Coke were the frontrunner in hip hop for some time, but I think they have got some serious competition now.

Liyah: Thank you boo! Surprised? Where you been at for the past 2 years? Lol.

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC : Loooove ! Verses are on point as ALWAYS .

Rum : You just don't know to what extent I jam out when this shit comes on . YOU HAVE NO CLUE .

UserPostedImage

OOC: Thank you :D

Liyah: You ain't jamming harder than I am lol but jam on!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 17/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 18/06/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 18 June 2014 05:08:37(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: Was AMAZING to collaborate on this with you, darling. It's quite rare where I feel the need to collaborate with another artist, but you're such an exciting, talented girl, I knew the outcome would be incredible and I wasn't wrong. I feel we really bonded in the studio and it was a pleasure to work with you. All the best for your future. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 18 June 2014 13:56:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: Hmmmmm....you've been quite consistent lately young lady. I do believe Vanity was not needed on this track but I guess she was brought on for name value and vocals since you can't sing but your verses were fiery and your metaphors were cute. Pretty good release here. Nothing innovative but catchy and will appeal to a mainstream audience as well as urban.

Mandy: Two of my favorite people on one track! Was exactly what I wanted it to be, a summer party jam. Gotta download this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#11 Posted : 19 June 2014 11:20:29(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Danielle: MY GIRL LIYAH ATEEEEE for days!! You gave it to me raw and that shit was dope as hell. Girl, you murdered it. I'm screaming, MO MURDAAA, MOOO MURDAAA. Shit, got me over here, slaying for you girl. Dope shit homie.

Bianca: I was just like, this is crazy! One crazy record. So far, one of my favorite collobrations this year. It's that dope. Both people you will never think will do a record together and do it and killed that shit. My girls are going to be bumpin' this girl.

Aubrei: I can't dance so I wont even make a ass out of myself but I will try and dance to this. I'm an nerd and geek at heart so I will be in the mirror with a brush, rapping Liyah's part.

Danielle: Girl, Aubrei needs to get her life... you livin' in the dark ages sweetheart. I'm need you to show these bitches... Liyah, we still waiting on that verse girl.... Girlllllll.

Laci: I'll be singing in the mirror with you Aubrei!!!

Bianca: These bitches are something...

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#12 Posted : 30 June 2014 05:18:54(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Harmony: Oooo weee! I can shake it like it's hot to this!

ooc: I know I'm late but great job guys!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 03 July 2014 02:53:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: Hmmmmm....you've been quite consistent lately young lady. I do believe Vanity was not needed on this track but I guess she was brought on for name value and vocals since you can't sing but your verses were fiery and your metaphors were cute. Pretty good release here. Nothing innovative but catchy and will appeal to a mainstream audience as well as urban.

Mandy: Two of my favorite people on one track! Was exactly what I wanted it to be, a summer party jam. Gotta download this.

Liyah: I appreciate the honesty, just enjoy the bop.

@Mandy: Yas girl, this is THE jam.

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Danielle: MY GIRL LIYAH ATEEEEE for days!! You gave it to me raw and that shit was dope as hell. Girl, you murdered it. I'm screaming, MO MURDAAA, MOOO MURDAAA. Shit, got me over here, slaying for you girl. Dope shit homie.

Bianca: I was just like, this is crazy! One crazy record. So far, one of my favorite collobrations this year. It's that dope. Both people you will never think will do a record together and do it and killed that shit. My girls are going to be bumpin' this girl.

Aubrei: I can't dance so I wont even make a ass out of myself but I will try and dance to this. I'm an nerd and geek at heart so I will be in the mirror with a brush, rapping Liyah's part.

Danielle: Girl, Aubrei needs to get her life... you livin' in the dark ages sweetheart. I'm need you to show these bitches... Liyah, we still waiting on that verse girl.... Girlllllll.

Laci: I'll be singing in the mirror with you Aubrei!!!

Bianca: These bitches are something...

Liyah: Yall know I procrastinate but the verse is comin', believe that. Thank you for the support!

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Harmony: Oooo weee! I can shake it like it's hot to this!

ooc: I know I'm late but great job guys!

Liyah: Shake whatever ya mama left you boo :P

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 03/07/2014(UTC)