logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2014 06:21:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 15 June 2014 02:33:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 21/01/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/01/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/01/2014(UTC), erich hess on 21/01/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/02/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 19/02/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 28/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2014 06:19:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Austin: You are very talented from that cover I heard! Wish you the very best of luck, Dylan :)

ooc: Nice way to introduce her instead of jumping right into it :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2014 09:47:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Austin: You are very talented from that cover I heard! Wish you the very best of luck, Dylan :)

ooc: Nice way to introduce her instead of jumping right into it :)

Dylan: Thank you so much :)

OOC: Thanks :) Wanted to try and do something different instead of the regular.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2014 12:40:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

As the camera is centered to where Dylan is sitting, she smiles at the camera. She was in a different setting this time from her last cover video. She sat in her room, the violet/purple paint being seen in the background. She was wearing a blue and white stripped shirt, her wild hair being untamed and her guitar in her lap.

"Hey everyone, it's me again. I'm glad you guys enjoyed my last cover video and I'm proud to say that it now has over 25,000 views and counting so thank you so much! As you guys have seen, I made a PureVolume page so I could upload my music for you guys to download, for free of course. I've been able to get some tools to help with recording and I have some helpful friends as well. Im posting my first single this weekend, Saturday or Sunday, depending if the equipment will work right.

Anyway, thanks again for all the love. It's been a dream. I've gotten some amazing followers and even a few celebs have tweeted me nice things, so it's crazy right now (Laughs). I have been doing this for a few years now and I know things will only get harder and crazier from here but I welcome it! I love music, it's my passion, it's my calling you know? I feel the happiest when I'm writing a new lyric or playing my guitar, singing a line from something I wrote. There's no greater feeling than right now. This is my new cover video, a little treat for you guys. This is by one of my favorite artists and it's probably my favorite song from last year. I hope you guys enjoy this, this is 'Brave' by Sara Bareilles."

As she begins to strum on her guitar, her eyes begin to almost dart around the room in anticipation. She then catches herself staring into space as she looks at the camera. She has that look of confidence on her face, eager to perform and yet not cocky with her talent. Her voice starts off strong, her unique pipes chiming in the further she gets into the song. She really was born with a talent to sing, something she never wasted. Even though it's acoustic, she manages to keep the uptempo, pop feel to it with her energy and expressions.

You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up

Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
When they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
With what you want to say

I just want to see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

When she gets to the chorus parts, she manages to belt it out, almost shocking listeners as they continue to listen to her. She really did give her all when it came to her cover videos. She hoped, just like any other performer on youtube did, that someone, somewhere would see the videos and hopefully sign her so she could continue recording and maybe get a stronger fanbase with it. For her, money and fame came second, but she really wanted to use her talents. She dreamed of being on the biggest platforms, performing her own original songs.

Everybody’s been there,
Everybody’s been stared down by the enemy
Fallen for the fear
And done some disappearing,
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, just stop holding your tongue

Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say

And since your history of silence
Won’t do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?

Continuing on the song, she keeps up the tempo and the energy. She even goes so far as to do an acapella part for the second singing of the chorus, then coming back in with the guitar. She continues to pluck the strings as her head bounces back and forth to the beat of her own acoustics. She was able to connect somehow with the viewers even though she didn't know them.

Say what you wanna say

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
See you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you

As she finished the song, she stop strumming and then sighed, smiling. "Thank you for watching. I hope you enjoyed that, I love that song. Don't forget, I will upload my own personal song this weekend on my purevolume so look out for that. It's absolutely free to download and it's called 'Road Map'. I hope you love it as much as I do. That's all I got so until then, peace!"

She throws up a peace sign before giggling and allowing the screen to go black, with her twitter name popping up in white, 'Follow @MsDylanShaw on twitter.com' then it too fades off and ends the video.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 14/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 14/02/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/02/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/02/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2014 02:30:18(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: These covers of yours just keep getting better and better. Keep em' coming love. :D

Harmony: Your voice makes me squeal! Eeek!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 15 February 2014 05:50:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: These covers of yours just keep getting better and better. Keep em' coming love. :D

Harmony: Your voice makes me squeal! Eeek!

Dylan: Haha, thank you! And thank you Harmony, I'm glad I made you squeal :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2014 04:54:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Genre: Pop, Acoustic
Length: 4:18
Label: Independent

Background & Description
Dylan Shaw, an unfamiliar or familiar name and face if you've been doing you're daily Youtube browsing. The 20 year old singer from Ft. Lauderdale, FL has making some waves on the internet with her cover songs (Search, 'Living For The Weekend', 'Brave', 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' and 'Story Of My Life'). She's gained a small fanbase for herself (no fan name ending in 'R' yet!) and has proved she would be a great asset to the industry. With her unique vocals that are a mixture of soft yet powerful (similar to JoJo, Jennifer Armstrong, and maybe a dash of Ariana Grande). Even though in her covers, she struggled to take control of her range, it seems she's gotten a grip on it now, with her very own single. Determined to really stay on the right path, Shaw relies very little on the industry itself and instead takes matters into her own hands. She self-promotes, makes her own single artwork, books her own shows and even records her own music from the comfort of her bedroom.

The single is available on her PureVolume page and is free to download. Titled 'Road Map', the acoustic pop song is very easy on the ears, with no fancy production tricks masking or altering her and you can hear her vocals clearly. The track allows the listener to truly get a sense of her style and also allows her voice to be the star. The only accompaniment she has is a couple of lightly played acoustic guitars, a couple of backup vocalists with some sparse percussion and accompaniment from a tambourine. The track is practically stripped and leaving her open and exposed. Lyrically, the song is a metaphor for a relationship, but it's not a love song per se. It's more of a complicated situation where both people love each other but one doesn't think they should be together, while Dylan, playing the convincing girlfriend, believes they should. She encourages the guy to, "Come take a look at my road map" so he can find his way back to her. The song is perfect for a campfire or even just to hear it in a hotel lobby. In the background, Dylan's soft vocals come into play for the harmonizing and making up part of the melody. It's clear she is an artist who is very musically inclined and appreciates everything it has to offer.

[Verse 1]
Where have you been? Where are you going?
Are you a friend? I see you're glowing
A sly smile appears up on your face
It's been a while since we've taken up the same space
I must admit I've been missing you
You're heaven sent but you got the devil on your shoulder
You're not the easiest to get over

I've been searching baby, I've been searching
After our altercation, I've been learning
You're too mysterious, you hide it well
But when you open your eyes that's how I can tell

[Chorus]
You hold the secrets but I've got the answers
Your heart's trying to run away but I run much faster
Quit trying to push and shove me cus there's no turning back
I know you're lost in this world
Come take a look at my road map

[Verse 2]
It's addicting ain't it? Ain't it fun?
We're playing games even when you have won
I keep trying to knock you down but you get up
I wanna try again but I won't push my luck
The days get longer and the nights are slow
Your kiss, your touch, your voice is all I've known
Every chance we get together has been blown (But I)

I've been searching baby, I've been searching
After our altercation, I've been learning
You're too mysterious, you hide it well
But when you open your eyes that's how I can tell

[Chorus]
Come take a look at my road map

[Bridge]
In the light you look so innocent
Ohh, oh-hh
Every hour of the day I have spent
Ohh, oh-hh
Waiting for you
Waiting for, you

[Chorus]
Come take a look at my road map (x2)

Why don't you come take a look at my road map?

Beat Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 19/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 19/02/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/02/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 19/02/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 19/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 19 February 2014 05:04:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kellin: Ain't it fun? No, dammit it's very sad! You really know how to set a mood, and that's a skill in itself. I love the whole sound of this song and it's packed with so many feels. Get me a tissue.

OOC: Excellent lyrics :) Very different to your other stuff, but I love them - great work :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 19 February 2014 05:04:18(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17916 time(s) in 10410 post(s)
Ooc: someone's taken their productive pill lately.

Erich: ft lauderdale?! I used to live there. We may have been neighbors.did you ever live next to a guy who checked his mail nude? That wasnt me,I lived two doors down from him. Still within wang range. I love this song,it is so...soothing. Usually I like things that sound like a circular saw to my face,but I so like this. A lot.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 19 February 2014 06:24:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kellin: Ain't it fun? No, dammit it's very sad! You really know how to set a mood, and that's a skill in itself. I love the whole sound of this song and it's packed with so many feels. Get me a tissue.

OOC: Excellent lyrics :) Very different to your other stuff, but I love them - great work :D

Dylan: Sarcasm at it's finest right? Haha, thank you :) I'm sorry, don't cry! I can't handle tears :(

OOC: Thank you again :D

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: someone's taken their productive pill lately.

Erich: ft lauderdale?! I used to live there. We may have been neighbors.did you ever live next to a guy who checked his mail nude? That wasnt me,I lived two doors down from him. Still within wang range. I love this song,it is so...soothing. Usually I like things that sound like a circular saw to my face,but I so like this. A lot.

OOC: CREATIVITY NEVER STOPS! You'd be surprised at how much I have done, just too lazy to post lol. Plus, I know people would get tired of me posting.

Dylan: Oh yeaaaaah.....nope, never heard of him but he sounds like a very blessed individual. Thank you, soothing is good, I can work with that. I like you. A lot :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 19 February 2014 09:32:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Really good job as always :) Excited for Dylan! lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 19 February 2014 09:35:36(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Elyar Damn your a youtuber like me girl you deserve more credit this is super good :)

OOC - I never get tired of reading these great job again Tequila
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#13 Posted : 19 February 2014 09:36:48(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: LOVE this so much, sweetie. I really think you've got an incredibly bright future ahead of you in music, because this is pure talent, something we rarely see these days. Happy to see so many people are starting to recognise you!

OOC: Love the lyrics, very well done. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 19 February 2014 13:21:16(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Really good job as always :) Excited for Dylan! lol

OOC: Thank you :) I'm excited to use her and write for her as well.

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar Damn your a youtuber like me girl you deserve more credit this is super good :)

OOC - I never get tired of reading these great job again Tequila

Dylan: Yay, fellow youtuber's unite! It's all good, thank you :)

OOC: Thanks :]

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: LOVE this so much, sweetie. I really think you've got an incredibly bright future ahead of you in music, because this is pure talent, something we rarely see these days. Happy to see so many people are starting to recognise you!

OOC: Love the lyrics, very well done. :)

Dylan: Thank you Miss Berry, and hey, I'm a firm believer in doing hard work to get results so in all due time is what I always say :) I'm just happy to be able to do this.

OOC: Thank you :]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#15 Posted : 19 February 2014 13:34:28(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jacob: This is probably my new favorite song well one of them anyway this song is amazing I have a feeling you're going to go so far beyond YouTube honestly I think you could be the next big superstar you've got the talent to be anyway great job on this really love it :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 19 February 2014 13:41:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jacob: This is probably my new favorite song well one of them anyway this song is amazing I have a feeling you're going to go so far beyond YouTube honestly I think you could be the next big superstar you've got the talent to be anyway great job on this really love it :)

Dylan: Jacob Estrada, you are one of my heroes! I'm glad you liked it and thank you for the compliments, you're too kind :) Thank you so much!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#17 Posted : 19 February 2014 14:10:20(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Jordan: This is a beautiful song. One of those song you sing to someone that has your fancy. Applause

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#18 Posted : 19 February 2014 14:35:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC : Dammit Tequila , you need to stop playing with my feelings with all these lyrics . First Do What You Do and now this ? It's all just so beautiful . You're going to make me cry .
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 20 February 2014 06:19:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Jordan: This is a beautiful song. One of those song you sing to someone that has your fancy. Applause

Dylan: Aww yeah, it's definitely for whomever you may fancy. Thanks Jordan :)

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC : Dammit Tequila , you need to stop playing with my feelings with all these lyrics . First Do What You Do and now this ? It's all just so beautiful . You're going to make me cry .

OOC: Lol, a good single can tug at heart strings and play with emotions :P Thanks! Don't put away the tissues just yet then!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 28 March 2014 07:12:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Genre: Acoustic Pop
Length: 4:02
Label: Independent

Background & Description
Still buzzing from her impressive release of her single 'Road Map' the acoustic pop singer received over 5 million views on youtube from the lyric video and has found herself the center of attention, but can she keep it up? Teasing us with her lyrics and vocal abilities, Dylan Shaw let's us get the real thing with a new single that will be available on iTunes for purchase. Although it's not far from her genre, she manages to still captivate with her incredible voice and exquisite lyrics. 'Why Can't We Be Friends' is the first digital single to be released from the 20 year old. Capturing us with her talent and charisma, Shaw tackles a universal issue with the single. Even though there's no fancy production, it seems to work in favor as we get more insight to her voice and projection.

Armed with nothing more than her guitar and a few drums here or there, Dylan takes on the task of playing motivator as well as using her inspirational lyrics. She more than delivers, her clean and natural vocals shining throughout the record. Since the song isn't as high energy as her last one, her control is great, something she is obviously working on, and delivers powerful and sly vocals. There's a sort of a twang to her guitar playing, one could mistake this for a country sounding song, but with only a few seconds of that notion, it continues into the acoustic pop track it really is. You can hear the light maracas in the background as well, really completing the rhythm. She sings the bridge in a creative and fun way, the first two lines resembling a scale as she goes from high to lower register and then back up on the second line, one of the highlights and unique parts of the track.

Lyrically, the song is expressing her discontent with people living for others, in essence dictating who they are and who they hang out with. The chorus really is an example of this, when she asks the question, 'Why can't we be friends?' She is convincing the other person that it doesn't matter what people think, as long as they are happy with themselves. Another notion for the lyrics could be her expressing her ideas on opposite genders just being friends, not letting the outside world assume there's more to the relationship than what it really is. The track is set to be sent to radio on Monday, March 31st.

Ahh, Ahhhh
Ooh

[Verse 1]
We think too much about things that never last
Sometimes our biggest enemy is on our back
We try to please everyone so much we get unhappy
Breaking ourselves so bad that we lose sight, sadly
(Ooh, hoo, hoo) Quit making situations harder
(Ooh, hoo, hoo) Your heart's your armor
We don't need to seek approval to just live our lives
If you think that's the only way to live you better think twice

[Chorus]
Why can't we be friends?
Just stop following trends
Can't nobody tell you who you are
Why can't opposites speak?
Why be afraid of critiques?
It's just so much more liberating when you do what you want to

[Verse 2]
People will never change if they have no heart
Constantly breaking things just to tear us apart
We see what we want to when we're scorned
Say goodbye to the person you once knew as you mourn
But why

[Chorus]
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't opposites speak?

[Bridge]
There's no need to get approval
When we're being what we want to
In the end you're only supposed to know yourself
As long as you can let me in don't worry about anyone else

[Chorus]
Why can't we be friends? (Why can't we be friends?)
Why can't opposites speak? (Why's there gotta be more to this?)

It's just so much more liberating

We don't need to seek approval to just live our lives
If you think that's the only way to live you better think twice

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 28/03/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/03/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 31/03/2014(UTC)