logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 09 March 2014 15:40:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: March 28th, 2014
Recorded: May 2013 - January 2014
Genre: Dance-pop, Pop, Ambient, Minimal, Electronic rock, Dream pop, Indie pop
Length: 33:09
Label: Studio60 Records
Producer(s): Sunny Monroe, Gia Rose-Hilton, Rico Love, Isabel Merjos, Nate "Danja" Hills, Jim Beanz, HyGrade, anthony "mISTER_b" Drake, Parker Ighile, Nathan Cassells, Keith Harris, Christopher Braide, Joel Little, Lucy Hill

Writer(s): Mima Stilwell, Jim Eliot, Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe, Anthony Preston, William Orbit, Dan Traynor, Ana Diaz, Phill N., Rico Love, Nate Hills, Jim Beanz, Anthony "mISTER_b" Drake, Lilly Stuart, Electrolightz, Parker Ighile, Nathan Cassells, Olivia Waithe

Release is the first extended play (EP) by American recording artist Isabel. It will be released on March 28th, 2014, by Studio60 Records. Initially planned to be included on the 2014 release of her fourth studio album, Isabel decided to work the seven tracks into an EP instead, saying that she wanted the album to be a fresh start for her as opposed to carrying over the feelings from her previous album onto it. She also described the EP as the appetizer and the album as the full course meal, stating that the records were different and wouldn't have any relation to one another whatsoever.

Musically, the Release EP is a Pop album influenced by other genres such as electronic rock, dance-pop, and indie pop. The album was also inspired by some of the controversy surrounding her towards the end of the year after her new found relationship with Ryan Ross Hernandez. According to Isabel, the EP started after the recording of the single for the television show, the Sweet Unknown, and from then on it sat quietly as she waited for inspiration. After the months from releasing her album, she experienced a high time, successfully promoting her album but then she experienced loss of friendships and her highly publicized break up. Following that, she started writing and then found herself still unhappy, losing another friend and starting a new relationship. The recording rolled on into the new year where she seemingly had things together and was able to recuperate from some rough times. Isabel calls this her therapeutic album. The title of the EP comes with her being able to finally release the emotions she's felt and taking the wight off her shoulders so she can be happy. The EP is a lot less party and silly like with more serious topics and themes, a more maturing nature to it but still entertaining and catchy. Lyrically, the songs are quite simple yet hold complex meanings. The cover art represents her relaxed state and is simple without the usage of props or costumes.

Its lead single,"Do What You Do", was highly praised by critics and artists alike, giving her that new sound she had sought after in the EP. It debuted number one on the charts and remained there for 2 weeks. After that, the self-titled single, "Release" was announced as the next single, already getting over 35,000 downloads since it was released. The single "Who To Trust?" was released earlier in 2013 as a promotional single for the soundtrack to the Sweet Unknown and charted in the top 10 as well.

~Background & Development~

After her third album, Isabel was already attempting to work on her next album but decided to turn it into an EP instead. She stated; "I wanted the EP to be symbolizing the transition from my last album to my next and essentially one period of my life to the next. There's nothing holding me back anymore from saying what I want to say and what I need to say. Anything that felt like it shouldn't be in my life anymore is on the EP." Regarding the title of the EP, Isabel says it was simple. "It's the musical release of my anger and agony, sadness, bitterness, and all of the things that won't allow me to move on and get better." The first official single released from the EP, "Do What You Do" set the tone for her in many ways.

"It wasn't the first song I wrote but I thought it should be the first released from it. It's different, really different from anything I've ever done and that was important to me. It was to show my growth as an artist and how I can be serious and just as emotional as anyone else. It was never intended for me to say, 'Hey, I'm totally different. I'm unique and better' it was nothing like that. I think everyone, at one point in time, shows their inspirations and muses for their artistry. It's almost difficult to say anything is really 'original' or 'unique' because there's been so much done and even if people haven't discovered it yet, it's probably been recorded. My purpose isn't to try to be different, my purpose is to do what I feel is right."

~Composition~

As stated above, the first single set the tone for the EP, ("I'm sick of people telling me "Just be a good girl, you're way too sweet...") and each single afterwards is almost a journey into the private life of Isabel. The lyrics contain references for love, happiness, and growth. Although it may seem Isabel was having the perfect year, on the inside she was writing a genuine, emotional work of art. The second track tells of Isabel's fear of not knowing who she could depend on anymore, saying that she found out people and success wasn't as they were made to appear in the camera, "They're all players, in their layers/And the outside looks so good/But on the inside/They still hide/Some won't speak up like they should." The acoustic driven track shows her eagerness to get away from the fakeness of Hollywood life. After that, "La Mariposa" is a dance-pop song which uses the metaphor of a butterfly (La Mariposa) hatching from it's cocoon and flying out into the world. "I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly/Take responsibility if I don't survive/Not a child anymore, Not the same as before." It serves as the temporary upbeat song which allows Isabel to portray a growing feeling.The next track served as the first single off of highly acclaimed mISTER_b's album. "Recovery" showcases Isabel's beautiful voice with an electronic dance beat to follow. She talks about being able to recover from depression and without depending on the use of pills or anything harmful to be happy. "Let the hope, light the way for your full recovery/Let Love be for your heart the only remedy." It's one of her many inspirational songs on the EP. It was the single that allowed mISTER_b to get signed to Studio60 Records after Isabel initially recorded a song with him but it was later given to Finnish singer, Pixie Love.

The fifth track on the EP is the most upbeat with it's electronic rock feel to it and synths. She sings about taking charge and being able to call the shots, doing whatever she wants. It's sassy and bold, allowing her vocals to be loud and in your face as opposed to soft and coy. It makes for a great feel good track. After that, "Lottery", the indie/dream pop song, takes after some elements of Adele. She takes on a more serious tone, her soprano voice as she chimes about regret and making mistakes. "All hope seems lost/Winning came with costs/And we can't just ignore, anymore." The tribal drums and chorus like voices in the background with her vocals makes it a beautiful song. The song before last is perhaps the most emotional song on the EP, "Too Much". The piano inspired tune gives a unique way of singing, almost a nursery rhyme with its connecting lines to one another. "Which way? I can't do this in a day/Which way? These chains on me just won't break (Won't break)/But which way? Ohh, too much to take." Isabel really gives her all in the track, almost sounding completely broken by the second verse, a certain lifelessness in her voice which is hauntingly beautiful yet sad at the same time. She pleads to find an answer to her grief, not knowing what more she can do or what more to say. She says this track is her most personal because it talks about how she get's so down sometimes and yet doesn't talk about it publicly to keep up appearances. The last track on the EP, "Release" is a soft pop ballad in which Isabel allows herself to finally let go of the past and move on. She sings, "I lost a part of me/To make room for new memories/No longer holding on to the dream, of us so for once we're both free." The song was her latest single release and has been met with generally mixed reviews, calling it emotionally charged and catchy but a downgrade from her first single, almost digging herself into a hole not being able to follow up with it.

~Letter To Izzybells~

"I am excited to release this material. I think it's really amazing and I've gotten to experiment with my songwriting and work with new producers and writers. Each song is something different from my life and it's a piece of me. It's a puzzle piece that's coming together. After this, the EP will just be a memory and will no longer represent how I am. I won't be afraid to be who I am anymore and I won't hold back. I've done that for far too long. When I had my 21st birthday, I felt like a window opened and I felt that breeze. Growing up is fun and scary. I'm not a baby or a teenager anymore, I'm a woman. People will have different expectations but all that matters is what I want and how I feel. I didn't remember that before but now I am. This EP could sell no copies at all and I'd be smiling from ear to ear. I'm generally in a happy place right now, despite everything. I've let go and really just let god. I encourage all of my Izzybells and everyone to just feel this way for once. Don't worry about other people, don't worry about what they want, it's what YOU want. I wanted to do something to strip away from what is given to you and allowing myself to give myself to you on my terms. There's no magic tricks, no crazy images or themes. Everything is simple. I want you all to see me for who I am and not who you think I am. Everything on this EP is heartfelt and written straight from my soul. I just wanted to give this letter to my fans and let them know that this year will be filled with surprises and fun but sometimes disappointments. We're going to put on our brave faces and keep walking. You've got me forever and I have you as well. It's time to release everything we don't need and take in everything we do. This EP isn't just for me, it's for us. Each song is a message to you all and we're going to get through anything together. I am always here. This is forever. I love you all so much."

- Isabel Maria Merjos XOXO

~Personnel~

Isabel Merjos - Executive Producer, Vocals, vocals (background), producer
Sunny Monroe - Composer, Songwriter, Producer
Gia Rose-Hilton - Executive Producer, Composer, Songwriter, Producer, Engineer, Vocal arrangement, Vocal editing, mixing
Mima Stilwell - Songwriter (Lottery)
Jim Eliot - Songwriter, Producer, Composer (Lottery)
Anthony Preston - Producer, Songwriter, Composer, Vocal Arrangement (La Mariposa)
William Orbit - Producer, Composer (La Mariposa)
Dan Traynor - Songwriter (La Mariposa)
Ana Diaz - Songwriter, Additional vocals (La Mariposa)
Phill N. - Songwriter, Producer, Mixing, Assistant engineer, Musician
Rico Love - Songwriter, Producer, Mixing (Whatever I Want)
Jim Beanz - Songwriter (Whatever I Want)
mISTER_b - Producer (Recovery)
Lilly Stuart - Songwriter (Recovery)
Electrolightz - Songwriter (Recovery)
Parker Ighile - Songwriter (Too Much)
Nathan Cassells - Songwriter (Too Much)
Olivia Waithe - Songwriter, Producer (Too Much)
Nate "Danja" Hills - Producer, Songwriter, Keyboards, Drums (Whatever I Want)
HyGrade - Producer (La Mariposa)
Keith Harris - Producer (Release)
Christopher Braide - Producer (Release)
Joel Little - Producer (Do What You Do)
Lucy Hill - Producer (Do What You Do)
Alyssa Caparelli - Cover Artwork, Stylist, Photographer

~Tracklisting~
1. Do What You Do (4:25)
2. Who To Trust? (3:45)
3. La Mariposa (3:56)
4. Recovery (4:32)
5. Whatever I Want (4:35)
6. Lottery (3:54)
7. Too Much (4:03)
8. Release (3:59)

Edited by user 23 March 2014 03:20:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 12 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 10/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 10/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 11/03/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 11/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/03/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 15/03/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2014 05:21:51(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: OMG I should never have told Lucas he could hear new Izzy songs this week. Now he asks "time yet?" every five minutes. He's so excited. We both can't wait to hear all your new songs :)

Ooc: Great start on all of this :) Really well written and set up :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2014 06:41:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: OMG I should never have told Lucas he could hear new Izzy songs this week. Now he asks "time yet?" every five minutes. He's so excited. We both can't wait to hear all your new songs :)

Ooc: Great start on all of this :) Really well written and set up :)

Isabel: Yay! Well, he'll have to wait until next week or he can watch me perform this weekend :) Thanks!

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2014 06:48:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17918 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erica: izzy isnt a baby,but she still looks like one. you need to take up smoking or drinking,izzy. you always look so cute..and sound even cuter. smoke some cigs to raspy up that voice.

nina:tom waits doing isabel songs..just what everyone wants to hear,love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 10 March 2014 10:26:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erica: izzy isnt a baby,but she still looks like one. you need to take up smoking or drinking,izzy. you always look so cute..and sound even cuter. smoke some cigs to raspy up that voice.

nina:tom waits doing isabel songs..just what everyone wants to hear,love.

Isabel: Haha, thanks Erica :P But no thanks, no smoking for me. My voice is already huskier these days, I don't want to sound like a man.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2014 08:37:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: I told before, we were about to hear a new side of one of the most loved stars in this bussines. The amount of work and talent you put into this EP and also in the forthcoming album, it's insane, I'm proud for you, and I'm even happier that you allowed me to be part of it.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2014 20:07:39(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_b: I told before, we were about to hear a new side of one of the most loved stars in this bussines. The amount of work and talent you put into this EP and also in the forthcoming album, it's insane, I'm proud for you, and I'm even happier that you allowed me to be part of it.

Isabel: Thank you, you've been a vital partin both albums and I appreciate it :) I'm glad that you agreed to be apart, you're very creative and it helped bring out my creativity too so I can't wait to stream it all lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 11 March 2014 20:34:25(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Adam: I cannot wait for this I love your music always have an always will it ace

OOC - I love this Tequila very well set out :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 12 March 2014 14:34:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Adam: I cannot wait for this I love your music always have an always will it ace

OOC - I love this Tequila very well set out :)

Isabel: Yay! Thank you very much, glad you're excited too!! :)

Ooc: Thank you! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#10 Posted : 15 March 2014 00:32:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Dominic: Still waiting on you to bring out gangsta Izzy and put out some hood sh*t. Don't let that street cred go to waste girl! Lol nah, I'm playing. This will be dope though.

Kourtney: You can't see it but I'm bowing down to you right now lol. I'm so happy for you and this EP. You make me proud to be your bestie. Love you and I can't wait for this. :)

Ooc: Well done.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/03/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 15 March 2014 13:09:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Barbarian: Very excited for this! I'm glad you're bringing out a EP to hold us over, can't wait!

OOC: Excellent job with this and the amount of detail especially for an RP is great :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 17 March 2014 10:47:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Dominic: Still waiting on you to bring out gangsta Izzy and put out some hood sh*t. Don't let that street cred go to waste girl! Lol nah, I'm playing. This will be dope though.

Kourtney: You can't see it but I'm bowing down to you right now lol. I'm so happy for you and this EP. You make me proud to be your bestie. Love you and I can't wait for this. :)

Ooc: Well done.

Isabel: Oh I'm saving that one for the album ;) Thanks!

@Kourtney: Aw, please don't bow. I don't deserve it at all but thank you :) I love you too bestie!

OOC: Thank you kindly :O

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Barbarian: Very excited for this! I'm glad you're bringing out a EP to hold us over, can't wait!

OOC: Excellent job with this and the amount of detail especially for an RP is great :)

Isabel: Thank you, I'm excited!

OOC: Thank you very much :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#13 Posted : 17 March 2014 11:12:03(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Bill Owens: I've never loved pop but I think you are a really promising artist. Looking forward to the EP!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 17 March 2014 11:31:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: January 14th, 2014
Format: CD, Digital Download
Recorded: November 15th - November 20th 2013
Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California

Genre: Pop, Ambient, Minimal
Length: 4:25
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Phil N., Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Joel Little, Lucy Hill

~ Background + Description ~
Finally, the new single from pop sensation Isabel has arrived. After having such a successful year in music last year, Izzy is back to seek out a new chapter of her life and career. Following her third studio album, 'Dancing In The Dark' Izzy announced she would be releasing an EP in March of 2014. Not much was known about the songs on there until now. We finally get to hear some of the material. 'Do What You Do' is a single by pop singer Isabel. It was written by Isabel, Phil N. and Sunny Monroe, produced by Joel Little and Lucy Hill. The song will be released as the lead single for the extended play on January 14th, 2014. 'Do What You Do' is a minimal and ambient song with some hints of Pop in it. The song was written by Izzy and was cut from her last album, seemingly not fitting in with the rest of the tracks. The lyrics suggest the song is about growing apart from someone and being partly to blame for the reason of the split. She also references the attention she has gotten from the public for being 'innocent' and 'naive'.

The song was well received from critics, calling it one of Isabel's best songs lyrically and musically. 'Although there's no heavy pop influence in it or the synthesizers and dance beats we're used to from the singer, 'DWYD' is an ear grabber. It's the perfect way to jump back into the industry and re-establish herself as one of the top pop acts in music today. It's mature and definitely suitable for her. Hopefully, the EP will also reflect this.' - Derrick Hale (Billboard)

Starting off the song is an array of muffled 'ahh's' that instantly take over the listeners ears. The ambient opening leads into a building moment, the words become clearer, while the beat enters. Izzy's voice sounds almost broken and sad, singing with a low register as compared to her other singles. The midtempo tune is very simple which is also different from Izzy's past songs. The focus is more on the lyrics than the music which in turn actually enhances the quality. The song plays on Izzy's message of lonliness and growing apart. In the lyrics, she suggests that she has grown apart from the other person and feels she is partly to blame. She then goes into singing, 'Sticking to just what I know/It never got me far at all/I dreamt of bigger things for us/But landed on this lonely curse' which refers to her changing and growing as a person and potentially an artist. In the next verse, her tone doesn't seem to change at all but there's a sense of empowerment coming from her words now, the lonliness leaving her frail voice. In the background, you can hear the muffled 'ahh's' again as she suddenly belts out the bridge of the song. She sings, 'I'm in denial (I'm in denial)/Stuck on repeat (Stuck on repeat)' Izzy's attitude and demeanor in the song are definitely not expected of the 'cheery' and 'bubbly' personality we've all come to know. The looming beat plays as Izzy takes a rest from singing. You get a sense of despair in the track which is a heck of way to come back into the music industry after her last moody single, 'Hide And Seek'. Many speculate this is the continuing force to connect the two songs.

~ Songwriter Comments ~
"I feel like I've been waiting forever to release this song, it's been so hard keeping it a secret haha. But now, here it is. Do What You Do is very personal. Last year I had a crazy experience and it ended up costing me a very important friendship. I just thought this song was one to have on my EP because I'm getting it out and I'm not going to carry it with me on my album. Joel and Lucy produced this single and it's really different than my past singles in a great way. I got to play around with my lyrics a little and sort of walk that line of being safe and being revealing, which is what the entire EP does. I hope my fans enjoy this nice change from the dance songs I've done and hopefully this will be able to reach someone else out there."

~ Music Video Background ~
Isabel also announced a video will be released to coincide with the single. It will be directed by Joel Kefali and will feature Isabel in a short film. In the video, Izzy will play a young prostitute who stays with her abusive boyfriend, played by American actor, Shiloh Fernandez. It will premiere on January 25th, 2014 on VEVO on Izzy's personal channel.

~ Lyrics ~

[Verse 1]
We're not like how we used to be
You're standing in my wounds so deep
I lit the match to start the fire
Now we're both confused if I'm the liar

I never questioned your words
I trusted everything you said
But when it got tough, didn't want no more then you fled

Sticking to just what I know
It never got me far at all
I dreamt of bigger things for us
But landed on this lonely curse

Sticking to just what I know
It never got me far at all
I dreamt of bigger things for us
But landed on this lonely curse

[Verse 2]
We all will reap just what we sow
But there are things we couldn't know
You stare at me like I'm the enemy
But is it so crazy for me?

I never questioned your words
I trusted everything you said
But when it got tough, didn't want no more then you fled

I'm sick of people telling me
"Just be a good girl, you're way too sweet
You couldn't understand the world
Because you're just a sheltered girl"

I'm sick of people telling me
"Just be a good girl, you're way too sweet
You couldn't understand the world
Because you're just a sheltered girl"

I'm in denial (I'm in denial)
Stuck on repeat (Stuck on repeat)
But now it's time (But now it's time)
To think of me (To think of me)

Stuck on repeat (Stuck on repeat)
Thinking of you (Thinking of you)
I've been so cold for a long while (I'm in denial, I'm in denial)
I am!

If this is your wish come true (If this is your wish come true)
And if you've made up your own mind (And if you've made up your own mind)
Then I won't ever bother you (Then I won't ever bother you)
You go have fun and do what you do (You go have fun and do what you do)

If this is your wish come true (If this is your wish come true)
And if you've made up your own mind (And if you've made up your own mind)
Then I won't ever bother you (Then I won't ever bother you)
You go have fun and do what you do (You go have fun and do what you do)

Go have fun and do what you do

Sounds Like:

====

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: May 15th, 2013
Genre: Pop
Track length: 3:45
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Phil N.

~ Description ~
Who To Trust? is a single included on the Sweet Unknown's soundtrack, recorded by Pop artist Isabel. The track is different than expected from the known Dance and House artist as it is simplistic and not as over produced as many of her tracks, still being catching. The track begins with Izzy's sweet and tender vocals with a piano being introduced into the song. As she continues to sing, another instrument, acoustic guitar, joins along, being heard lightly in the background. Izzy's vocals are very light and crisp as she sings about the mystery of fame. Further into the verse, hand claps and drums being to be incorporated into the track, leading up to the build up of the chorus. Izzy continues the same vocalization as in the beginning, singing with her voice in the background for an added effect when singing, Who to trust? She remains in the same key, going up a notch when she reaches the ending of the chorus. The second verse is similar to the first but now Izzy is sounding more confident and sassy with the mixture of her vocals and the guitar playing along. She continues to sing of the misconceptions of Hollywood and the glamorous lives being portrayed by celebrities, warning the listener that there's a dark side that can leave you feeling lonely and empty inside if not careful. The lead up to the bridge, is signature Izzy with her playful vocals. The bridge is sung with extra sassiness, almost as if she were singing and speaking it, often giving an extra feel at the end of each verse when she says, You know.

"Who To Trust? is a song about fame and the negative side of it. There's a lot going on and you have a lot of people around you so it essentially asks the question, who do you trust in this business? I think it goes perfectly along with the show because there's a lot of things going on and you can get the sense that not everyone completely trusts each other or they are experiencing that ugly side of fame others don't know about."

~Lyrics~

Oooooooh (x2)

[Verse 1]
I don't know what you think
You see me living life in the fast lane
But you don't know what I do
How it looks easy to you
And you're wrong, wrong, ohh

I can think about the old days
I struggled just to hear people scream my name
Would you put yourself through
All the pain that's aimed for you?
For a few minutes and hours of being so imfamous?
You know,

[Chorus]
Oooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to trust?
Ooooooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to
When you're blinded by the flashing lights
When you're feeling like that nothing's right
When you're always in a selfless fight
Who to trust? ( Oooooooh)
Who to trust?

[Verse 2]
Everyone can't see the truth
Thinking all their years of fame are in their youth
But, little do they know
There's a route that they can go
They'll be hanging with their family and friends
Never having to end
You know,

[Chorus]
Oooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to trust?
Ooooooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to
When you're blinded by the flashing lights (Come on!)
When you're feeling like that nothing's right (Nothing's right)
Who to trust? ( Oooooooh)
Who to trust?

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
La La La La La La La La (x2)

[Bridge]
They're all players, in their layers
And the outside looks so good
But on the inside
They still hide
Some won't speak up like they should
Suddenly they're falling, never calling
They wanna make it on their own
Then you find yourself out there, all alone

Yeah

[Chorus]
Oooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to trust?
Ooooooooooh
Who to trust? (Uh-oh)
Who to
When you're blinded by the flashing lights
When you're feeling like that nothing's right (Ohhh)
When you've seen the things you thought you'd like
When you've threw yourself into the night
When you've let a part of you just die
Who to trust?
Who to trust?
Who to
I don't know what you think

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 17 March 2014 11:34:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 19/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 20/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 21/03/2014(UTC), Hellspawn on 21/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 07/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 19 March 2014 05:31:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Dance-pop
Length: 3:56
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Anthony Preston, William Orbit, Dan Traynor, Ana Diaz
Producer(s): Gia Rose-Hilton, William Orbit, HyGrade, Anthony Preston
Additional Vocals: Ana Diaz

"La Mariposa" is a mid-tempo dance-pop song; it was written by Merjos, Orbit, Dan Traynor, Ana Diaz, and Anthony Preston, while production was handled by Orbit, HyGrade, and Preston. Serving as the third track on Isabel's EP, the song gives off a new sound for the singer although without being too far out of her range. Lyrically, the song expresses Isabel's realization of having to get a hold on life and be an adult. It also talks about how she's changed, for the better, physically and emotionally. She uses the metaphor of a butterfly (La Mariposa) as a way of showing how she had to break out from her cocoon, shyness, and eventually blossom into a butterfly to learn how to accept herself and be the woman she wanted to be. Izzy's vocals ,with the glitchiness to give it a very soothing and futuristic affect to it, appear in the chorus as she croons, 'Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right/Mariposa flying so high/Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right/Mariposa I become tonight'. Although it's different to what she's done before, the pop track still gives off the dance feeling reminiscent to her past singles.

Musically, the track is described as light, airy slice of melancholic dance-pop. It starts off with Isabel and Ana Diaz's voices combining in order to make up the intro of the song. Izzy then goes into the first verse, clear as day without the glitch effect, and keeps a solemn yet emotional tone throughout singing. There's no big switch in her sound and almost sounds monotonic but the object of the song has already taken place. The tribal drums in the back make up the pre-chorus and switches gears a little, as her voice ascends then descends to suit her lower register. Ana accompanies Izzy in the chorus again with back up vocals which are morphed into higher, squeaky like vocals which fade and then go back into her normal voice for the second verse. In this verse, she comes to grips with what has held her back, herself, and in that very moment, a light goes off in the song which allows her to take a more dominant and confident voice throughout the rest of the track. You can almost picture her smiling as she boldly decrees her transition to adulthood. Even though the chorus is simple, it's still catchy and has that Isabel-like stamp on it which attracts listeners. You can also start to hear the transition in the EP as she is able to take on more mature topics and hope to attract a wider audience than before.

~ Songwriter Comments ~
"You know, to be truthful, sometimes there are songs you release which are in genuine and they are completely opposite to how you really are in life. I'm actually proud to say that this song is not one of those for me. I feel this song in my bones, in a good way. The words were very easy to come by because it was like writing in a diary for me. I've lived this and I know the feeling because sometimes it creeps out again and again. Part of this whole theme for my EP is conquering my own fears and sharing them with my fans because I wanted to show I'm human. I get all kinds of tweets and fan letters saying how they think I'm perfect but I really don't believe I am, or anyone for that matter, which makes us amazing. Being flawed is being special in itself. It's like your mark in life, being different. This song, although I wouldn't say is innovative or anything, it's personal nd means a lot to me so it's special. The producers I worked with came to me with this incredible sound that reminded me of a little Pixie/Vanity-ish but not really something I couldn't sing over. The metaphor is what I believe to be the best analogy for my career, I've finally been able to come out of my cocoon and spread my wings, fly around, experience life, and take notes sometimes. To me, life isn't about rushing to get everything done. It's all about savoring moments and I'm learning that. Before it was just, 'go here, do this, sing that, wear this,' and I hardly had a word. Now it's just solely what I really want and I'm taking charge on my life and career. It's an amazing feeling. The best way I can think of a creature being able to overcome something so unexplainable is a butterfly. Think about it, they [caterpillars] stay in a self-made cocoon for a long period of time, then they hatch and turn into some beautiful thing and can finally do things they haven't before. It's a cheesy little thing for me but it holds a ton of meaning."

~Lyrics~

Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh

[Verse 1]
I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly
Take responsibility if I don't survive
Not a child anymore, Not the same as before
In the past I forgot to appreciate
Solitary moments and all the little things

See my colors how they shine, glowing even without a light
Can't deny I'm not the same, What I've learned with my time

Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right
Mariposa flying so high
Mariposa I become tonight

[Verse 2]
Stayed in my cocoon until I was not afraid
Seems like no matter what I do someone's dismayed
Finally I saw myself at the top
I was my own worse enemy with my own thoughts
Oh, Not a child anymore, Not the same as before

Mariposa flying so high

Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh (x2)

Mariposa flying so high (And it feels)
(Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right
Mariposa flying so high
Mariposa I become tonight)

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 30 October 2020 01:35:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 19/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 20/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 21/03/2014(UTC), Hellspawn on 21/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 21/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 07/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 20 March 2014 00:34:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 2014
Genre: Electronic Dance
Length: 4:32
Writer (s): Anthony "mISTER_b" Drake, Lilly Stuart, Electrolightz
Producer: Anthony "mISTER_b" Drake
Vocals: Isabel Merjos

~Background & Composition~
The song was written by ElectroDeath Team’s Lilly Stuart, Electrolightz and mISTER_b himself, the production team was formed after the disband of the girlgroup itself. The production team took part in the work of several singers producing and writing music and even managing careers such as Abie Lena and now mISTER_b.The song has a house electronic structure which mix piano with bass and other beats produced by mISTER_b, vocals of the song belong to Isabel Merjos, thej pop star sensation who had previously worked with mISTER_b.

Musically, the song has an electropop influence but it’s a little more hardcore than any other pop song in the mainstream. Influences of House music such are perceived due to the break melody moments between the choruses of the song, mISTER_b used piano as an introduction to the song, vocally Isabel sound melodic and loud, she has some really good high notes in the choruses of the song as part of the increasing beat that drives to the breakdown moments of it. Other elements presented on the song are a choir and backing vocals also performed by Isabel, effects on Isabel’s voice are echoes and destortions.

Lyrically, the song is about recovering from a bad situation someone has gone through. It speaks from the perspective of a friend encouraging its mate to shake it off and let its heart get healed even though this person would still feel sad for what happened. It also eludes the necessity people who suffer from depression to take pills like Lithium to fake happiness, in the line ‘Let Love, show you don’t need to take any pill’ it’s clearly noticed the fact that the person of the song’s subject is taking pills to easy it’s suffering. Another verse of the song says ‘Let forgiveness wash your soul’ meaning that the person needs to forgive what was done for itself to moving on with its life and not feeling bad anymore. In the end the song is like an anthem for a full recovery from a state of sadness and depression.It serves as the first single of the album and it introduces the idea of energies surrounding our lives which mISTER_b already told that he’s a believer of that philosophy and that he wants to show people that certain energies we emanate can determine the paths of our destiny and the consequences of our actions.

~mISTER_b Insight~
"Whenever I go through a dark time and it can be anything, like a break up, or any other frustration that humans deal in life, I have this little person inside of me telling me that I must shake it off, that I must stand my ground and fight for a better situation. That’s what I’m trying to tell with this song. The beats of the song are an encouraging sound for themselves so I just needed to write verses that would make worth to my vision. Isabel accepts the job of singing this song and she did it gratefully. It’s a hard song to sing because it has high notes to be reached and it also demands a hopeful intonation to its performer, I couldn’t find any other person than Isabel to sing it. I really believe that Isabel took her positive side out to sing it and it ended up being our best collaboration yet. Others songs on the album doesn’t have the approach of this one, so maybe it’s a unique song among the others that made the final cut of the album. It was a perfect choice for a first single. There isn’t any other way better than start the promotion for the album with a positive message to the fans I long to conquer."

~Isabel's Comments~
"I love working with mISTER_b because he's amazing and sweet. There's no sense of rush or pressure when you work with him and he listens completely. I worked with him on my album as well and we just always create something magical together. I knew when I heard this that it would blow up and be a hit. I'm always open to working with new people, producers, and writers. My arms are always open to him and I'm really glad I didn't say no (Laughs) and I got it right this time."

~Lyrics~

[Verse 1]
Gray sky is above us and
It pours all past hurts
Wait ‘till the healing begin
And your wounds will stop to hurt
Let forgiveness wash your soul
‘Cause there’s so much life to loose
While your expectations are low
Life will pass in front of you

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments
Let the pain remember your heart can still be cured
Let Love, show you don’t need to take any pill

Let the hope, light the way for your full recovery
Let Love be for your heart the only remedy

[Verse 2]
Walking on thin ice, climbing
Slowly One step at a time
Aiming for the top, be sure
Victory is a matter of time
For all the joy to come
It’s worth to start a fight
Life’s not always a bed of roses
But persistence brings the good vibes

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments

Your full recovery
I’m your remedy
Your full recovery
I’m your remedy

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 29 October 2020 13:06:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 20/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 21/03/2014(UTC), Hellspawn on 21/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 21/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 07/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 21 March 2014 12:37:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electronic rock, Dance-pop
Length: 4:35
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Rico Love, Jim Beanz, Nate "Danja" Hills
Producer(s): Rico Love, Jim Beanz, Nate "Danja" Hills
Keyboards & Drums: Nate "Danja" Hills
Additional Vocals: Rico Love, Nate "Danja" Hills

"Whatever I Want" is a song performed by Isabel Merjos. The song was written by Merjos, Rico Love, Jim Beanz and Nate "Danja" Hills for Merjos' debut EP, Release (2014). It was co-produced by Rico Love and Danja and includes influences of 1980s music by artists such as Eurythmics and Hall & Oates. It was one of the first tracks recorded for the EP back in 2013. The track is an uptempo electro rock song that combines 1980s electro synths and a more dance-oriented beat. The up-tempo song has prominent electropop and synthpop influences and is lyrically related to being able to become controlling of your own life instead of just taking orders. The song represents a sense of independence and "release." Merjos has characterized the song as being "very in your face" and almost "chant-like" as compared to her other songs. It has a confident swagger to it without being too cocky and invites the listener to dance, even if unwillingly. Isabel's bold and loud vocals really make the track for what it is. She starts off by saying she won't second guess herself and apologize later on in the morning. The chorus is repetitive and simple but catchy and addictive and is assisted with a powerful, thumping beat. Here, Izzy sings about being "such a rebel" and "taking charge" by doing "whatever I want." She uses a style with the lyrics when she sings them where she stretches out the syllables and switches from high to low tones in her voices.

It is the most uptempo song on the EP and quite possibly the most bold in terms of theme and tone. This track also uses trumpets and was composed by Rico Love and Danja with it's crazy beats. She also cited Hall & Oates single, Maneater, as an influence for the song. The song only took a few hours to record and write and reportedly only took 2 takes to finish, as Izzy was told to not sing "safe" and give it some feeling and meaning. Isabel recorded the track at Hit Studios in Miami. So far, the track has been met with generally mixed reviews, some thinking it was too far out of Isabel's 'innocent' element and therefore non-believable while other critics thought it was a nice change and a great continuation of the EP into Izzy's adulthood.

~ Songwriter Comments ~
"Whatever I Want is really different from anything I've done in terms of style and beat. Rico and Nate came up with this crazy sound and I wasn't sure how I was going to tackle it at first but then they just suggested I make it a memorable song. I like to think it's not a safe song but rather a spur of the moment type of song. It's loud and brash, it's in your face without being like 'I'm better than you' you know? I felt really happy afterwards when the song was finished. I know it's going to be fun performing this song, especially with the band. The meaning of the song is very much what I've been living by for a while now. It's me finally taking charge and thinking for myself, making big girl choices and allowing myself more fun. I don't want to be one of those people who just over analyzes everything and ends up missing out on life but I also want self-control, I don't want to just wreak havoc and end up hurting myself. Just like this song, it's very much me going out of my element and experimenting, finding what works and what doesn't work."

~Lyrics~

Hit the beat now

[Chanting]

[Verse 1]
Everybody follow me, please
Now is not the time to try to tame me
Don't second guess just let it happen
Save apologies for in the mornin'
Haven't you ever felt temptation?
I can't wait for you, I'm too impatient
Why should I follow like a sheep, sheep?
When breaking out is so easy

[Chorus]
Such a rebel, ring the alarm
Give my regards
And I take charge, do whatever I want
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Won't stop, do whatever I want
Give my regards
Such a rebel
Ring the alarm
Give my regards
But I'm gonna do whatever I want

[Verse 2]
Sometimes a change is hard to resist
But I know, I know I should go all in
Not always comfortable in my own skin
Guess that means that I am such a human
Haven't you ever felt temptation?
I can't wait for you, I'm too impatient
Why should I follow like a sheep, sheep?
When breaking out is so easy

[Chorus]
Give my regards
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Give my regards
Such a rebel
Ring the alarm
Give my regards

[Chanting]

Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aa-aah
Rebel
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)

[Chorus]
Give my regards
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Give my regards
Such a rebel (Oh!)
Ring the alarm (Oh!)
Give my regards (Oh!)
But I'm gonna do whatever I want (Oh!)

I'm gonna do whatever I want
Forget your rules I'll do whatever I want

[Chorus]
Give my regards
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Give my regards
Such a rebel
Ring the alarm
Give my regards

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 21 March 2014 12:52:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 21/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 22 March 2014 09:22:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Dream Pop, Minimal, Indie Pop
Length: 3:54
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Mima Stilwell, Jim Eliot
Producer(s): Jim Eliot, Phill N.
Drums, Drum programming, Percussion, Piano, Sound effects, Synthesiser: Jim Eliot
Additional Vocals: Jim Eliot

"Lottery" is an indie pop and dream pop song with elements of Minimal as well. It was co-written by Jim Eliot and Mima Stillwell, as well as produced by Jim and Phil N. The song uses a light, trickling piano melody with percussion, drums, and a synthesizer. The track is the fifth track on the EP and is said to be a continuation from Do What You Do. It is this track where we are allowed to revisit Isabel's hauntingly beautiful vocals that tell the tale of someone who has lost in life at the cost of becoming happy. The simplicity of the track makes for a beautiful song with a message enraptured in it.

The track starts off with a thunderous drum and the soft tones of Izzy's voice. The metaphor she uses in this song is the lottery and refers to 'scratching' in order to reveal the winning numbers. She goes on to say that it's the few seconds of unknowing that make the game so addicting and because of it there's tension between her and the other person, due to her wanting to win. The growing beat in the background makes the song more dramatic as she gets into the chorus. Isabel's voice takes a turn for the soprano tone and the piano becomes more apparent. The chorus refers to her faith being played in the lottery, putting it all in and therefore her not being able to be trustworthy. For the bridge, there's a breakdown of the drums and her voice alone and then it infuses with the chorus. The dreamy pop sound instantly captures the listeners with her impressive vocals as well. At the end of the song, Izzy hums out the melody in the pre-chorus and then the song fades. Isabel enlisted the help of Jim Eliot for background vocals as well as piano and the drums.

~ Songwriter Comments ~
"Lottery, in a way, is probably the second part to the first single, Do What You Do. It's sort of talking about how something amazing can happen in your life but it can come with a price. You know, you can win the lottery or whatever but there's always that 'but...' waiting for you. Sometimes you think you're really flourishing in life but then something happens that makes you realize you had to lose something in order to gain what you have now. It's not always bad but it's not always good. In this song, I'm telling about basically losing a lot until it felt like I won. I gambled a lot and risked it all and it felt like a lottery because that's what you do. All of the trust and faith I had in people, it was like a lottery ticket and when the numbers didn't match up or you know, if I lost then the winnings disappeared. All the good started to slip away and then in came the bad so I kept playing and playing until I could get some type of win. Whether it's a relationship or it's your career, essentially there's a chain of events that happen when you go through this. It's the struggle of maintaining order between good and bad so you know, you don't have to take the bad path in order to regain what you lost because a lot of people do that. They feel desperate and wanting to do whatever it takes to get order restored. Life is very much like playing the lottery because it can be so predictable but once in a while, someone figures it out and is able to thrive in life. You can win or you can lose but everything comes with a cost. You have to figure out what you're willing to lose in order to be happy or what you think is happiness and it's terrifying. I've burned some bridges and I've changed because I thought it was necessary to achieve happiness. It's really when you grow up, when you realize you have to do that in life."

~Lyrics~

Ahhhh, ahhhh
Ahhhh, ahhhh
Ahhhh, ahhhh
Ahhhh, ahhhh

[Verse 1]
Just one scratch is all that it takes these days
We all play just to enjoy those seconds of craze
We knew the odds but we kept on betting anyway
That moment of fantasy is all that it takes
But I've been feeling lately

This home doesn't feel like it's home anymore
It takes a lot to finally restore
All hope seems lost
Winning came with costs
And we can't just ignore, anymore

[Chorus]
It's all gone now I can't even feel it
Don't hold on because I can't even feel it
I risked it in the lottery
The faith you said you had in me

[Verse 2]
A cycle of chance appears before us
At first glance we think the odds are enormous
And I dive in to save what's left before it's less
Who's left in the world to impress?
We've both had to confess

This home doesn't feel like it's home anymore
It takes a lot to finally restore

[Chorus]

Noooo, ohh oh (x6)

[Chorus]

Mmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmm
Mmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmm

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 22/03/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 23 March 2014 03:31:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Pop
Length: 4:03
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Parker Ighile, Nathan Cassells, Olivia Waithe
Producer(s): Olivia Waithe, Parker Ighile

"Too Much" is the seventh track on the EP, written by Isabel and co-written by Parker Ighile (Who has worked with Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Jessie J, Ariana Grande, N-Dubz, Chipmunk, and Conor Maynard), Nathan Cassells, and Olivia Waithe. The song has received generally positive reviews calling the song an "emotional ride" for the 21 year old singer, and "the most important track on the EP to get a sense of where Isabel's coming from, as a person." It is a piano led, mid-tempo ballad which incorporates sounds which resemble "sonic bombs" during the chorus and "crashing" drums and with a moderately slow groove. Other critics have called the track "staggering power ballad" and really implements Isabel's singing abilities. The way she sings the song, she gives a unique take on it, singing in a pattern of up and down which makes for an interesting listen. She sings with a monotone in her which disappears as soon as she goes into the chorus, and she manages to belt out with such a power that has probably never been heard from her before. The accompanying crashes of drums also play on how dramatic the song is. It's safe to say, Isabel really handles her own with this track.

Lyrically, the song expresses Isabel's discontent with herself and her life although it's not something she often shares with the public. The first verse shows she's unsure how to react, "I don't know if I should cry or just lay down." Then she goes on to say she feels as if she's got a huge weight on her should, possibly referring to the pressure from the industry, and she feels like giving in, pleading with everyone else, saying, "But you can't know this feeling." Then, it's as if a force hits Izzy and she just lets it all out in the chorus. Here, she expresses her sense of lostness, not knowing which way to go or who to turn to and saying it was beginning to be "too much to take." In the second verse, she talks about having to smile even though she's hurt and sad on the inside and how she's not allowed to express herself due to having to keep up her appearance. It also states that "she doesn't exist," meaning she feels people don't really know who she is without referring to her as an artist, which complicates things for her. Towards the end, it's an all out cry from her as she manages to completely take control of the track, almost demanding the listeners attention while she sings her heart out.

~ Songwriter Comments ~
"I think this song was the most vocally challenge song I've ever done in my career. I really had to dig deep inside of me to get the words out the way I wanted them to come out. The song just represents me feeling overwhelmed with things and feeling alone. There was a time when I just had no one to talk to, or at least I just didn't talk to someone because I felt like I had to be the girl who kept it all together. I think it's crazy and insane to assume celebrities are always fine and nothing can ever hurt them. We're all human and we all hurt from time to time, some just show it more than others. I come from a very strong family. We are used to having pride and keeping tears to ourselves but sometimes that's not the best thing to do. In the song, the lyrics really resonated with me because I wrote them when I was just really down and out. I felt like I couldn't just complain or say what I wanted because everyone was always watching and as soon as you break, the media and everyone just pounces on you. They make you out to be weak or, 'Oh she can't handle this lifestyle, she's a big baby' well I cry a lot so I'm a crybaby. I just learned that I don't need to always put on a smile and pretend. I can say what I feel and when I'm not fine, I don't need to act like I am for the sake of the world, all the time. I love this record, it was important to record as were all the songs. This one just has a very, very special place in my heart because everyone can relate. Things get tough and as celebrities, I kind of hate that word, but we're supposed to just have it together but it's a lie. People don't know what goes on behind closed doors so we should just comfort each other when the time is right."

~Lyrics~

[Verse 1]
I don't know if I should cry or just lay down
Right now it's too much, why should I hear this?
Lips move back and forth but they are all lies
I'm just way too tired to go through it

Where do I began, When it
Feels like I've got the whole weight of the world on my shoulders
Can I just give in? I know it's not right
But you can't know this feeling

[Chorus]
Which way? I can't do this in a day
Which way? These chains on me just won't break (Won't break)
But which way? Ohh, too much to take

[Verse 2]
Smiling outside but inside I could just die
Of all of this pain that's shown in my eyes
But you can't see me I just don't exist
I'm never allowed to be speaking like this

Where do I began, When it
Feels like I've got the whole weight of the world on my shoulders
Can I just give in? I know it's not right
But you can't know this feeling

[Chorus]
But which way? It's heavy, too much to take

[Bridge]
I stand in the mirror and I ask what it's happening for
Some days I just don't know if it's worth it anymore
Do I keep my silence or do I break down and cry?
I know there's a purpose but I can't help but to ask why?
I know that you love me but please help me o-o-out

[Chorus]
But which way? It's heavy, too much to take

It's just too much for me
It's just too much for you
It's just too much for us
It's just much to much now
It's just too much for you
It's just too much for you (For you!)

So take the weights off of me

Sounds Like:

====

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: February 28th, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: November 2013
Length: 3:59
Producer(s): Keith Harris, Gia Rose-Hilton, Christopher Braide
Writer(s): Sunny Monroe, Isabel Merjos

Release Review: NME Magazine
By Scott Hood

UserPostedImage

No one can deny the star power of Isabel Merjos. That much is true. With her sugary sweet image, her girl-next door looks and more catchy hook-laden pop tracks in a fledgling career than most can hope to produce in a lifetime, she's been a legitimate superstar for two or three years now, standing at the very top of the ladder alongside the likes of Vanity and Stephanie Fierce. However, if there's one criticism one could have of the youngest Merjos' rise to fame this far, it would be that she didn't quite tick all the boxes. With a solid fan base of youngsters behind her, Izzy's music was always, and has always been, perfect in every way for the demographic she aimed to hook, but outside of her own group of 'Izzybells' and occasional listeners, the youngster has arguably never quite grabbed that sort of crowd that would push her into the universal sphere, spearheading her own game rather than playing by the rules set out by those who came before her. That is, until now.

With the unveiling of her new single Release, it's time for the world's all-time top pop acts to start taking a nervous glance over their collective shoulder, because I'm afraid to say, Izzy just ticked that final box. On the first listen, Release is quite a jarring departure from the sort of music most will be used to hearing from a singer who really did snuggle herself nicely into her genre - and with fantastic effect. Gone are all the cute little love songs, banished are the tales of another teenage heartbreak, and forgotten are the memories of the young girl who won over so many hearts - Isabel Merjos just became a woman. From the ominous swirl of the wind that opens the track, to those first anguish ridden notes on an echoing keyboard, it doesn't take long to surmise that this is anything but just another Isabel Merjos song. And then she starts to sing. To say Isabel has undergone something of a transformation would be an understatement. Never previously heralded for her powerhouse vocals, it seems the youngster has undergone some sort of wicked evolution. From the first bar, her voice sounds soulful, full of depth and far darker than anything we have heard from her before, and it only gets even more breathtaking throughout as her voice grows in confidence and style, but without ever overdoing it.

On Izzy ballads from her previous albums, it was easy to picture her as a vulnerable and somewhat exposed youngster - as good as the tracks were - but the emotions of a ballad like this are far removed from that bygone reality. The music itself is full of regret and loss, subdued and subtle in its fantastically packaged beauty, with the ribbon on top being the all-new dulcet tones of a girl who really has grown into her career. In a world where overblown, over-produced pop that gets rather in your face is the norm, Isabel has reigned it all back in and delivered something that can be intensely poetic, dark, sad and wondrously gorgeous at the same time as being simple and suggestive. The theme of her new music is, clearly, maturity, growing up and becoming herself, and this is very much prevalent throughout even this first new single. The theme of sorrow and letting something fly free is another element that flows sensually through the track, giving the listener a gentle nudge in the direction of the new music that is to come from a young singer that has quite sensationally discovered her place in the industry. Release is all about letting go, and that is what we are hearing as Isabel uses her under-rated (until now) talents to let go of her past and move onto the glorious new pastures that await her in the next chapter of her life and her still relatively young pop career.

For the first time, I get the feeling that this is a girl who really believes in what she sings. That's by no means a criticism of what she has achieved to date - not at all - but it feels almost as if this is someone completely removed from the Isabel of days gone by. If you're used to hearing happy pop tracks interspersed with the occasional teen ballad, then it's time to reassess. Isabel Merjos, and I think with this sort of maturity and growth we should all drop the rather innocent "Izzy", has shown the sort of artistic emergence that really will set the cat among the pigeons. Soulful, real and with some of the darker side of her emotions on display for the very first time, this is a girl who is about to command an all new level of respect. And well deserved it would be. With a new EP on the horizon and a new year to banish the innocent bubblegum image we all came to know and love, Isabel Merjos is about to become your new favourite artist, and she's gunning for the very top. Keep an eye cast over your shoulders, legends, there's someone new just joined the race.

4/5 - It would not be a stretch to give this 5/5, but with so much promise of what's to come from her newfound maturity, we've got to allow Isabel space to get even better. For fans of: Britney Spears and Katy Perry

Songwriter Comments
"Release is a song about having that moment where you just let go of the bad in your life and embrace the positivity. Millions of people could say that this year was tough and hard, there were a lot of losses and a lot of tragedies and it's common for people to never get that grieving time they need or really just take a breath and try to relax. It's also the theme for this EP. It's the final breath I'm giving before my album. The common themes you'll find here are a lot of sorrow and timidness, continuing on from my last album. It's the path of not knowing for sure where to go. Nobody has all the answers but we tend to think we do. When that happens, we rely solely on ourselves to fix every little thing and this song is basically saying, 'Hey, you're human. You make mistakes and you always will. You don't have to be perfect or try to seem perfect.' It's I guess, a similar song to Jennifer Armstrong's, 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay'. You do not always have to pretend and sometimes you just need that moment to remember it."

[Verse 1]
Here I go again, the same reflection
Years never seem to wash
All the happiness that I once had
How could I dare complain?

But it's real now, so real now, everything closed with sin
Do I inhale? Do I exhale? A fire raging from within

I lost a part of me
To make room for new memories
No longer holding on to the dream, of us so for once we're both free

[Chorus]
I tried, so hard and all the time
To just carry on with my life
But every time something brings me back
Now I, release your hold on me
We've been all that we could be
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah

Under your spell, you do it well but now it's time for my release
Locked in this cell, I hid it well but now it's time for my release

[Verse 2]
Can't live a life like this, I wish I could dismiss
Try to turn back time
Don't wanna think of you, I try to resist
I'll pretend that I'm fine

These tiny feelings, I just can't allow, I don't know where to begin
I paint the smiles on but then I'm not sincere, I just cannot win

I lost a part of me
To make room for new memories
No longer holding on to the dream, of us so for once we're both free

[Chorus]
I tried, so hard and all the time
To just carry on with my life
Now I, release your hold on me
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah

I tried, so hard and all the time (I tried)
To just carry on with my life (My life)
Now I, release your hold on me (Now I)
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah (Ye-eah)

Sounds Like:

====

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC), PANIC! on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#20 Posted : 24 March 2014 09:00:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Aaahhhh! I'm counting the days til this lovely EP is out. I can't wait to blast this in my car while I'm cruising down the highway lol. Seriously though since I've been a bit quiet lately, musically, I've had a lot of time to just sit back and listen to the new music that's been coming out. It's really just made me appreciate music even more now. I'm just amazed by it all and really glad that I get to be apart of it all. Thank you for reminding me of that. I love you bunches.

Harmony: I want to adopt you! 0_0 0_0
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC)