logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2014 05:09:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Directed by: Chris Cunningham, Stephanie Fierce
Produced by: Stephanie Fierce
Written by: Chris Cunningham, Stephanie Fierce
Cinematography: Chris Cunningham
Starring: Stephanie Fierce, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnah Hill, Daniel
Budget: $6,000,000
Distributed by: North Hill Records
Release date: March 31, 2014
Running time: 18 minutes (Without Credits), 21 minutes (With Credits)

Songs In Order of Appearance:

1. Amplified
2. Goddess of Pop
3. Sin City feat. Raven Comatose
4. Fast Forward

FAST FORWARD SHORT FILM PART 1: OVERVIEW

"Fast Forward" is a short musical film that was directed by Chris Cunningham and Stephanie Fierce. The short film is based on the idea and message of the song "Fast Forward" which lyrically puts out a message about the hidden society of the music industry and how it's current state is affecting Fierce's music career. It was released on March 31, 2013, as an exclusive premiere on MTV which brought in a viewership of 5.1 Million. The film mainly stars Stephanie Fierce (as herself) and Leonardo DiCaprio as Ryan Himenez. The short film also features Johah Hill as Himenez's assistant, Daniel as "The Free Nerd"/himself and The short film's budget was $6 million, making it one of Fierce's most expensive music videos behind "Dying in the Airwaves" and "Hot Shot". The short film is the first Stephanie Fierce music video to include more than 2 songs from one album.

SYNOPSIS

Stephanie Fierce faces a money hungry record label executive "Ryan Himenez" played by DiCaprio who's plotting Fierce's biggest album release to date. His goal is to make the album the best selling record of all time. During a press meeting with Fierce (who's held at gunpoint as she smokes her ciggerate), ideas are presented to her as to what the album should sound and look like. The scene is almost portrayed as a James Bond meets The Matrix film. Ryan Himenez portrays the idea that Fierce is not good enough for the company anymore and that extreme measures could be taken if things aren't turned around. In reality, Ryan obtains an obsession over Fierce's star power and secretly idolizes Stephanie behind her back. Fierce's attitude remains unbothered and sarcastic throughout this. An image of Stephy Fierce (a cartoon alter-ego created by her label) is then unveiled to her, and record label employees begin to celebrate around her. Fierce's image is plotted to become a gimmick with this alter-ego. The label also hopes to cash in a lot with the character and forces it upon Stephanie to play it. In order to please the wishes of the record label, Fierce plays along with the idea.

Fierce is then introduced to a producer named "The Free Nerd" (played by Daniel) who was hired by the Himenez to execute her album and create the best record of all time. During the creation process, Fierce and Daniel become close friends and decided to create a record that goes against the ideas of Himenez. Artistically this section is shown with a time machine that Daniel created for Fierce to go back in time and steal one of the demos from The Beatles. In return, she and Daniel manage to create a record that not only incorporates the sounds of The Beatles early eras but a psychedelic trip off beat and anti-mainstream composition that could possibly make Ryan Himenez go insane. The record is then disguised with a song titled "Goddess of Pop". As shown in the video, ironically the track is also unlisted on the track-list, but it is fact the opening track of the album.

When it's time to present the record, Ryan arranges an album party at one of his luxurious mansions. As Stephanie Fierce arrives, she's greeted by a man who seems to be possessed. She start to notice something strange and unusual about the mansion but isn't intimated by it. As she makes her way up the staircase, she comes into a long hallway of rooms. As she walks down the hallway, each room's door is seen open and Fierce glances through them. Each room is filled with record label staff seen performing sexual acts with models and industry chicks. Finally as she makes her way in to Himenez's office, she hears one of her records play. As she opens the door she sees Himenez having sexual intercourse with a woman as the record "Sin City" from "Diary of a Pop Sinner" plays in the background. As they are interrupted, Fierce quickly makes her way out of the room as Himenez gets dress in distress and worry. Fierce smiles and tells hims that she'll meet him in the conference room whenever he is ready.

When the meeting begins, a time capsule disguised as a radio boombox is then placed on top of the table by Daniel where Himenez and his assistants are sitting. Daniel pushes the button play and "Fast Forward" begins to play. Ryan who had high expectations and excitement from the completion of the record, is quickly let down when he is presented the record, which sounded everything he hoped it didn't. When the record plays at the office all hell breaks lose, the record seemed to have a magical power that possesses anyone who hears it. Without knowing Daniel and Fierce had created the ultimate record of all time. Inanimate objects in the office, along with picture frames and old painting are turned into life, specifically a Beatles picture is seen lipping at the words and chorus of "Fast Forward". Once the record finishes playing, everyone in the room except her is seen laying on the ground, passed out. Daniel and Fierce look at each other with no sort of facial expression and Daniel immediately exist the room. She then kisses Himenez on his forehead before heading out leaving a lipstick stain mark on his forehead. The time capsule is then left behind and the record is left on repeat. What happens next is left to the imagination.

DEVELOPMENT

During 2013, Fierce mainly focused on finishing her 8th studio album, but once "Fast Forward" was written and recorded, Fierce was inspired to make a short film for her new album based on the song itself. However, Fierce also wanted to create a video clip for each song on the album as well since she had the creative idea of making a visuals album. Fierce teamed up with whom she calls "partner in crime" director Chris Cunningham to write and direct the film with her alongside her whole album. Starting from a simple project the idea developed and eventually Fast Forward became an exclusive and separate project from "Amplified". Aside from wanting Daniel to play one of the lead roles, Fierce also wanted A list actors to star in her film. When she presented the idea to Leonardo DiCaprio, he insisted on doing the project on a "later date". When deadlines began approaching, DiCaprio accepted the offer as lead character "Ryan Himenez" which highly resembles Fierce's first record label chief. Fierce also asked Jonah Hill to take on the comedic role of Himenez's assistant.

Stephanie Fierce and Chris Cunningham began writing the script and video treatment after Fierce wrapped up her "History Revealed" world tour in July and finished around August. Despite the high budget of the film, all of the actors and extra being on board, development for the film became very difficult and at many times and almost had to be scrapped due to time restrictions and deadlines. The 14 days of filming for the project secretly began on September 16, 2013 through November 1, 2013. In order to keep the project underground, the film locations were shot on distant dates to keep the project under wraps. Production for the entire short film ended in March 2, 2014, making one of the longest production time for any of Fierce's music videos.

LYRICS

"Losing my comprehension, nothing's really getting done
Finding a beat with a missing bass, no way will it please everyone
So slap it on, stick it in and stay immune
Yeah you say I got the right notes, but look at what I've become
Finding beats with a missing bass, and not pleasing everyone
But now it hurts to be kicked off the throne
Faaaaast (4x)
I think they found my clone
and I better find my way back home
I think I found the time machine to get to where I need
to go

Stars, as far as I know, are still, still taking off their clothes
and they will twerk util their ass explodes,
it will make their sales ignite!
and even if this industry collapses
I can stand on that legacy I've left behind

Shit's so experimental
hope the rhythm works
lyrics thrown together
Milking it to it's worth
see my desperation
what happened to the QUEEN QUEEN
Hey Stephy where have you been?

Music's losing it's price,
with corporate's taking over everything
your artistry's losing value
and now the rival critics are lurking
but I've found the time machine to go.... to where I need to go
for those are living....

Faaaast (4x)
These try-hards are getting old
These rock stars will never be as good as the Rolling Stones
I swear I'll shoot myself if I get compared to the great Madonna
With all the Michael Jackson wannabes
they're all still trying to make it
but they don't

Just close your eyes (close your eyes and just...) and try to
praise me with your hands high
(who cares who judges you)....
When my songs start terrorizing everyone
The music critics are lying,
kissing ass to get their story's worth (UM...)
Now that the sins are weighing heavy
(Don't need your opinion I'm sure
I'm a legend, God damnit I'm sure!
Forever I remain a pop sinner)
Your corporate sound sends my notes high
(but somehow these pop stars keep threatening my life)
and even if this industry collapses
I could stand on the legacy I've left behind
and hope that their asses will burst..

Twerk, twerk, fight fight,
gravity shifts, tension builds,
hair rises on your back
and when Stephanie Fierce comes by,
there is fear in your eyes
(Gibberish in Screamo)
fuck your thoughts
I do what I want, what I want,
I'm amplified
(laughter)"

SOUNDS LIKE

READ MORE LATER

Part 2: Screenplay & Imagery

Part 3: Behind the Scenes

Edited by user 02 April 2014 05:12:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 02/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/04/2014(UTC), kandii on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2014 05:40:44(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: The concept of this whole short film was great and Fierce has her hands in a lot of things, so it was a really good chance that I got to meet her and she was able to kick it with me, Surprise that knows about me really. But cool person.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2014 05:41:48(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: THE TRENDSETTER IS BACK, bitches better make way for the return of a real legend. *fangirls* Your mind and creativity is second to none, sis. You always bring the goods and it looks like you've done it yet again this time, you make me proud to be a dear friend of yours. That scene where you're looking into each of the doors to see all the label staff having sex and shit... gosh, I've been there and seen all that weird shit happen, I love how you're exposing the dark side of this twisted industry. And that end! The lyrics! Incredible.

OOC: Great work as always, Dan. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
#4 Posted : 02 April 2014 05:50:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: The concept of this whole short film was great and Fierce has her hands in a lot of things, so it was a really good chance that I got to meet her and she was able to kick it with me, Surprise that knows about me really. But cool person.

Stephanie Fierce: What I love about you is that you are humble and there is this fresh energy about you, despite some of the negativity the Rap genre brings, you live above it and come out on top! Thank you so much Mr. Amazing!

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Vanity: THE TRENDSETTER IS BACK, bitches better make way for the return of a real legend. *fangirls* Your mind and creativity is second to none, sis. You always bring the goods and it looks like you've done it yet again this time, you make me proud to be a dear friend of yours. That scene where you're looking into each of the doors to see all the label staff having sex and shit... gosh, I've been there and seen all that weird shit happen, I love how you're exposing the dark side of this twisted industry. And that end! The lyrics! Incredible.

OOC: Great work as always, Dan. :)

Stephanie Fierce: OMG sis don't make me cry! Thank you so much! We need to recollaborate sometime bitch! That shit has been long overdue!

OOC: Thank you for taking the time to read the Synopsis, that means a lot! :) The transcript should give it a little more oomph!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2014 05:55:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Great concept and a very creative idea to do. I don't think there's been anything on here quite like this before, that I know of, lol. Well there's been short films before but I don't think to this extent. Anywho, nice job :P

Jennifer: I don't care what anyone says. I think you're the only person that can take a break for 30 months and come back unhinged, untouched, and as if you never left at all, it's amazing. People keep saying you're not relevant and you're old but I mean none of that is true. Practically everyone knows you, you don't really need to prove yourself anymore. You can just have fun and do whatever you want now but you know other people aren't comfortable with that idea in the industry. I just think you should have your own genre or something. I really love the whole thing about the industry, it's great! It's like nobody else would talk about this and expose it, only Stephanie Fierce.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2014 06:08:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Totally love the concept here. The idea of the record industry being run and powered by gangsters and sleaze is very apt and cool lol. Makes for a really great read as well and definitely one of the most original Rps I've seen on here in a long long time. Awesome work on it all :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
#7 Posted : 02 April 2014 06:13:41(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great concept and a very creative idea to do. I don't think there's been anything on here quite like this before, that I know of, lol. Well there's been short films before but I don't think to this extent. Anywho, nice job :P

Jennifer: I don't care what anyone says. I think you're the only person that can take a break for 30 months and come back unhinged, untouched, and as if you never left at all, it's amazing. People keep saying you're not relevant and you're old but I mean none of that is true. Practically everyone knows you, you don't really need to prove yourself anymore. You can just have fun and do whatever you want now but you know other people aren't comfortable with that idea in the industry. I just think you should have your own genre or something. I really love the whole thing about the industry, it's great! It's like nobody else would talk about this and expose it, only Stephanie Fierce.

Stephanie Fierce: Thank yous so much for your generous opinion about the video, honestly I didn't think people would capture it they way they have and as an artist as you would know, that is the most glorifying feeling in the world. Thank you for always being brave and the artist that you are, keep those tunes coming and you along with the success you've already established!

OOC: Thank you so much Tequila, I'm not entirely sure either, but either way that means a lot :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Totally love the concept here. The idea of the record industry being run and powered by gangsters and sleaze is very apt and cool lol. Makes for a really great read as well and definitely one of the most original Rps I've seen on here in a long long time. Awesome work on it all :)

OOC: Thank you Scott! Wow the fact all of you guys read it, really means a lot. This has made my day man!

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/04/2014(UTC)