logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2014 08:47:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: April 4th, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Genre: Glitch Pop, Indietronica, Alternative Rock, EDM, Dance-pop
Length: 18:05
Label: Titanic Records
Writer(s): Pixie Love
Producer(s): Pixie Love, David Maurice, Bret ‘Buzz’ Unwin, Harry ‘Hype’ Piper, Josh Carter, Sarah Barthel

Background Information
Phenomena is the EP from Finnish singer Pixie. It was created over a span of 5 months, during the time she was just finishing releasing her album. The songs are said to be some left from the album that didn't make the cut and some that she freshly recorded. The EP comes, almost out of nowhere, with no mention about it or any type of promotion at all. Still, it's a nice treat for Pixie's fairies as they head into her tour which starts on the 4th of April in Canada. The songs are set to be apart of the set list as well. Pixie worked with a few different producers here than before, and instead of heading for the well known and overused producers (except Buzz & Hype), she decided to use some personal friends of her own but it seems to not take away from the quality of the tracks at all. In fact, the unique sounds have been highly praised and favored.

In the EP, Pixie taps into her Alternative Rock, Glitch Pop, and further explores her Pop and Electronica genres as she prepares to surprise fans. The four track EP was released without any type of warning. The idea was to just surprise her fans and to give them some new music for the tour. Phenomena is said to not be in any way related to her last album but will be continued into her next album. The EP takes inspiration from some of Pixie's favorite artists like Gwen Stefani and Janis Joplin, with her crazy yet catchy songs and having just amount of that rock edge which grants her some credibility in the versatile area. Although she doesn't like to be defined by one set genre, she says the EP is mostly 'Pop but with some road bumps'.

When asked about the title of the EP, Phenomena, she had this to say;

"Whenever I think of something that's just such a mystery and yet it's inviting and interesting at the same time, to me it's a phenomenon. You don't know why it's there or why it's happening but it is. I like to think of myself as such. I don't know why I write the lyrics I do or why I like toe express myself the way I do but it happens. Sometimes things happen in music, you can't even question it. You just accept it and move on. This EP itself is just a weird aspect of my music. I can't explain why I chose some of them to sound the way I did, it just happened. It was a miraculous experience. I find it hard to find words to explain my train of thoughts for a song. It's just this thing that's bigger than me, bigger than all of us and I can't explain it. It just exists."

The first single to be released was used as part of iTunes free 'Single of the Week'. Jungle, the EDM and Dance pop track was released just like the EP, without warning. It quickly shot up on the Dance charts of iTunes and she decided to have it as part of the EP. The lyrics emphasize her embracing her wild side and not hiding or shying away from it but also inviting her fairies along, sort of as a safe haven where they are in control of their own lives. The song plays off of Pixie's belief in reincarnation in which she believes they will be revealed in their after life forms and be able to live together in perfect unity. It was well received by her fans and critics alike.

The second single of the EP, 6 Inches, was announced via her official website with a picture and the caption, "MOTHER FAIRY LIKES AT LEAST 6 INCHES" and the date '4/04/14' which almost shut the website down due to the mass of fans on it at the same time.

Track Listing
Jungle (4.15)
Here (6:02)
6 Inches (3:18)
Apparition (4:06)

Singles

Jungle [January 24th, 2014]
6 Inches [April 4th, 2014]

Gallery
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Personnel
Pixie Love - Lead singer, songwriter, producer
David Maurice - Producer
Bret ‘Buzz’ Unwin - Producer
Harry ‘Hype’ Piper - Producer
Josh Carter - Producer, Guitars (6 Inches and Apparition)
Sarah Barthel - Producer, Background vocals (Apparition)
Desiree Buchanan - Cover Art, Photography

Edited by user 04 April 2014 07:08:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/04/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 02/04/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/04/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/04/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/04/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2014 09:01:24(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Nina: I'm holding Erica down with one hand and a foot. Needless to say,she's exited love. I'm holding her down to save us all from her high pitched squeal of exitement.

Erica; the cute revolution will not be televised!!! You can't stop this,nina. Fairy....AWAY!!!!! *she runs around the room*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2014 09:11:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Really this sweet and unexpected I can't wait for this

Chris: Six inches and the picture for six inches I think I have found my favorite artist

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2014 09:41:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Nina: I'm holding Erica down with one hand and a foot. Needless to say,she's exited love. I'm holding her down to save us all from her high pitched squeal of exitement.

Erica; the cute revolution will not be televised!!! You can't stop this,nina. Fairy....AWAY!!!!! *she runs around the room*

Pixie: Aww, let her enjoy the fun Nina :P I'm sure it'll only get worse once she gets her hands on the ep.... hehe :)

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: Really this sweet and unexpected I can't wait for this

Chris: Six inches and the picture for six inches I think I have found my favorite artist

Pixie: Thank you! I hope the world likes surprises! Aw, thank you Chris ;) I think I may have found my new favorite man.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2014 09:53:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Jungle
Genre: EDM, Dance pop
Length: 4:15
Format:Digital Download
Recorded: December 20th, 2013 - January 8th, 2014
Release Date: January 24th, 2014
Written: December 15th, 2013 - December 19th, 2013
Producer(s): Bret ‘Buzz’ Unwin, Harry ‘Hype’ Piper

Pixie released a new single, exclusively on her website, as a free download for fans to get. The single is titled, 'Jungle' and is possibly a sign of some new music to come in the future. It was also chosen as the iTunes 'Single Of The Week'. This all follows from her release of her album 'Imagine' which debuted number one, her first number one in the states, and quickly the rest of the world would follow, getting number one in 20 different countries.

'Fairies' of the Pop singer woke up to a special treat from Pixie's official twitter when she told of a special and free treat for her fans. This time, the Finnish singer teamed up with the infamous music duo, Buzz & Hype for a new musical experience. 'Jungle' was created as an empowerment song for her fairies, a sort of 'call to the wild' if you please. The song itself is a metaphor for her fandom, telling them to not be afraid of who they are and they belong together in the jungle where everything is free and she will look over them. This is the first time Pixie has worked with Buzz & Hype, together they created a whole new atmosphere that is seemingly right in Pixie's alley. It's similar to the tracks from her hit album and dabbles with house as well as giving off the trance vibe she's set out to be introducing with her next set of music. Of particular note are the choral background vocal effects which take Pixie’s voice and transform it into an almost surreal and beautiful ghostly melody. A dub with just those pieces over an ethereal trance track would be quite amazing. The tribal drums in the background are also what makes for an exotic single, giving Pixie her first official release of the new year. The lyrics emphasize her embracing her wild side and not hiding or shying away from it but also inviting her fairies along, sort of as a safe haven where they are in control of their own lives. The song plays off of Pixie's belief in reincarnation in which she believes they will be revealed in their after life forms and be able to live together in perfect unity.

"Jungle is all kinds of fun. They are filled with some of the most ferocious beasts and greatest mysteries. 'The Jungle' is my place for my fairies. It's a safe place for us to be with one another and connect on a much deeper level than a commoner could ever understand. In order to get to this jungle, you have to get through the chaos, the fight, and then you see the light at the end, leading you towards the jungle. It's almost a baptism of being born again as a different creature or your true form. The wild is one of the purest places to be because it's just nature and nothing is modified or subjective. Everything lives without having to be forced to do one thing or being made to live a life they don't want. It's ironic that the wild is one of the freest places to be."

I'm not afraid of the unknown wild
Palms touching bring out the inner child
We're filled with lust in the hidden eye
I'll never hide my true nature
Arise, show yourself for the unbelievers
Take me to that place again

And when it's time we all unite
We know who we are, our true insight
You do not feel what isn't yours
Chaos ensues to bring the light

In the ju-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-ungle (Fear the jungle)

Welcome to the jungle

High off the fumes from your sacred scent
Don't question what's always meant
The elements intwertwine through me
I close my eyes and start to breathe
A feeling so enormous inside feels so free
Take me to that place again

Welcome to the jungle
Jungle (Ah, ah)
Jungle (Ah, ah)

Welcome to the jungle

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/04/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/04/2014(UTC), kandii on 03/04/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2014 10:36:25(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: I've never been so thrilled about something in my entire life. Well maybe I have but you get my point. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 03 April 2014 06:07:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Alternative Rock, Electronica
Length: 6:02
Release Date: April 3rd, 2014
Producer(s): David Maurice

The second track from the EP is an alternative rock song which did not make it onto the album. Titled 'Here' it is described as somewhat of an open letter to Pixie's parents and fans, seeking their commitment to stick with her when she "Loses her way." The rock track takes a weird beginning and doesn't sound like your typical single but it just fits Pixie in an odd way. Her raw and unedited vocals are the true suspect to the song's attractiveness. Her raspy and breathy vocals are the victim of live vocals, leaving them completely untouched as Pixie recorded them. She specifically wanted it to be this way as to not ruin the nature of the song. The track starts off with a light acoustic guitar while Pixie is speaking. When she goes into the first verse, her vocals are completely different, building up each step of the way. She starts off calm, leading to the chorus in which each line she builds momentum. She's almost screaming in agony by the time she comes to the second verse.

Pixie completely takes a mind of her own when it comes to her vocals now. She's almost in an all out shouting/singing contest, her words mixed with pleas and determination as she begs to have the commitment of her family and friends staying by her side. Towards the end of the verse, she's almost breathless but continues to sing while saying, "Don't leave me alone, I'm always alone, inside my mind, a heart empty." The momentum has slowed down now and this engages a beat change, going now from the alternative rock to a more electronic infused track, which sounds a little off but she manages just fine through it. During this time, Pixie keeps the track alive and interesting with her almost random and on the spot vocals, from her 'oohs' to hums and the distorted voice in the background repeating, 'Stay here.' The guitar then fades out as she repeats, 'We are okay' each time a little slower and lower. The synths and barely audible hums of Pixie keep the track still alive and beating while the beat just continues to play, the low bass and snaps with the rim shot still going until the track comes to a hault.

It's not your typical track but the beauty of it is that it manages to come together just fine, accenting Pixie's vocal abilities and chaotic nature when emotional. Each record, there's a little more of Pixie and her talent exposed. Pixie says this is the 'most personal' she gets on the EP.

"Truth be told, this was an experiment. The thing about each song on here is they just came together without much planning. I sort of ran with them and didn't think too much about them, which is a great way to find your creative side and what you like. It's all very much unprecedented and just sort of came together the way it did. Mind you, I didn't sit down and go, 'I want to have this exact sound.' I like to start with an idea and let it take on a life of itself. Pretty much the spoken words were the base of the track, you know? I really respect my parents and fairies and I really wanted to express that in my own way to them. I'm sure I'll have some failures and questionable moments but I want them to just know I still want them around for this ride."

*Translation: Family is all that matters.

[Spoken]
Mama, papa, I hope you're proud of me
As a little girl, that's all I ever wanted
I hope that even if I screw up, you'll still love me
(Giggles)
*Perhe on kaikki asiat

Each morning when I rise and fully awake, I wonder if there's pride upon your face
They tell me things get crazy and change, but you were never meant to feel that way
The journey may differ, to direct my route, I'll only allow judgement from you
When I'm old and gray, if I lose my way
Can you nudge me back along, smell the desire to win so strong
When I shed my tears, get suppressed by my darkest fears
The urge to not feel, will you remain here?

Here..
Heeere..
Here..
Here..
Heeere...
Here..

Unintentionally all I did was take, not giving enough for your happiness's sake
Pretentious words cause me to misbehave, uneasiness I cannot explain
My palms reach out in search of answers, My faith in you has become standard
When I'm old and gray, if I lose my way, if I drift far out to sea, ooh
Ohhh, ohhhh, ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhh

Don't leave me alone, I'm always alone, inside my mind, a heart empty
It takes two to cause chaos, don't leave me by myself, I'll riot
Don't leave me alone, I'm always alone, inside my mind, a heart empty
It takes two to cause chaos, don't leave me by myself, I'll riot

We are okay, we are, okay
We are, okay, we are okay
We are okay, we are, okay
We are, okay, we, are...

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/04/2014(UTC), kandii on 03/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/04/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 03 April 2014 10:36:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: You got that EP fever I see :P, really like the layout and the two tracks so far. Pixie is so different from other characters out there and not the typical 'pop' act and is versatile. Not many people can pull off EDM, Glitch Pop, Rock and Indie all on one project. Can't wait to see the other two songs!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 03 April 2014 11:19:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: You got that EP fever I see :P, really like the layout and the two tracks so far. Pixie is so different from other characters out there and not the typical 'pop' act and is versatile. Not many people can pull off EDM, Glitch Pop, Rock and Indie all on one project. Can't wait to see the other two songs!

OOC: Yes :P Thanks! She's very fun to write and think for :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 04 April 2014 06:47:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Alternative Rock
Length: 3:18
Release Date: April 4th, 2014
Producer(s): David Maurice

Heading into the next shift in Pixie's career, she sought to try and create something new to herself and to her listeners and the second single off of her EP, Phenomena, seems to be just that. Written by Pixie and produced by David Maurice, 6 Inches is an alternative rock song with lots of guitar riffs and a catchy chorus that will get stuck in your head in a matter of seconds. Although it is not your typical alternative rock song for Pixie has managed to add her own twist to it. The foot stomping and head bobbing beat is one that mixes the elements of rock and a hint of pop but she gives that edgy sound with her rough vocals. They are the perfect amount of hard yet not too unappealing. Her accent comes in really clear and she doesn't try to hide it, instead she embraces it. There's not much change throughout the track except for the drum pattern that comes and goes throughout the song. The song is set to be released on April 4th and serve as the final single for her EP right before she heads on tour.

Lyrically, the track has a double meaning. It's seemingly talking about heels that are 6 inches but some have taken that as a disguise for the real meaning behind the song. She shys away from revealing the true meaning but the makes up for it with catchy, silly, and fun lyrics. The track, stated by Pixie, is not meant to be taken seriously. Instead, it's more of a pun and has the comical relief in the EP. It's not your typical track but the beauty of it is that it manages to come together just fine, accenting Pixie's vocal abilities and chaotic nature when emotional. Each record, there's a little more of Pixie and her talent exposed. Pixie says this is the 'most personal' she gets on the EP.

"You know girls and their shoes, it's basically a marriage. I love big things and I love wearing big shoes, big hair, just anything fun to me. Yes, it is a play on words but I just happen to be a fan of both things. It's a very fun and silly song but also meant to be overly sexual because that's really funny to me. I wrote this song and it turned out completely different than I expected. It was originally going to be really raunchy and this and that but then I just started thinking about shoes...and how sexy they are, specifically high heels that are 6 inches or more, and I first played the song, David started laughing. He was like 'Are you SERIOUS?' and I go, 'I never joke about shoes.' So the record glued itself together. I didn't want something soft, I wanted it to be rock. How I was going to do that, It was hard at first but the record itself got stripped away from most of the things it had at first. It had a lot of distractions but I just sort of peeled it back and left it with this."

6 Inches (6 Inches)
I love 6 inches (6 Inches)
6 Inches (6 Inches)
I want 6 inches (6 Inches)
Let’s go!

[Verse 1]
I like them long and steady (long and steady, long and steady, long and steady)
So they will always be ready, for anything
I want them all around me (all around me, all around me, all around me)
I’m gonna marry them, don’t need no ring
All the women know they love them
Even if they try to shy, away
They’re so addicting, always spending
Money on them, leave you empty
But they’re worth it

[Chorus]
6 Inches, all I need
Make me beg, make me plead
Heartbreaker, it won’t lie
Put them on, I’m on high
6 Inches, all I need
Put them on, I’m on a high

I, I won’t ever be without, won’t ever be without
My 6 Inches
My 6 Inches
My heels!

[Verse 2]
I love them in all colors
Don’t want no other, kind of therapy
I’ll never leave them alone, Buying up all the malls
That’s where I’ll be

All the women know they love them
Even if they try to shy, away
They’re so addicting, always spending
Money on them, leave you empty
But they’re worth it
(They’re so perfect)

[Chorus]
6 Inches, all I need
Put them on, I’m on high
6 Inches, all I need

My 6 Inches
My 6 Inches
My heels!

[Bridge]
Never leave home without a (6 inch heel)
Gonna send me on a high (Gonna give me that thrill)
Never leave home without a (6 inch heel)
Gonna take me to to you, not just a shoe (x2)
But I'll take them higher

[Chorus]
6 Inches, all I need
Put them on, I’m on high
6 Inches, all I need

My 6 Inches
My 6 Inches
My heels!

Sounds Similar To:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/04/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/04/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/04/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 04 April 2014 06:59:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc:" I never joke about shoes." Ha ha.

Erich:,I'm glad pixers is ,you know,reasonable. I mean,c'mon,just six inches? It's good to see someone not starting off at like....8 inches. Of course..*laughs nervously* I'm waaaay over qualified. I don't even have a willy.its so large,it has an erich.. *laughs and then start crying* ok ok , my life is a lie.

Karoliena: I love dick inches. Using the dick inch unit of measurement? The moon is only about a mile away.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
RoseJapanFan on 04/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 04 April 2014 07:02:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Genre: Glitch Pop, Indietronica, Alternative Rock
Length: 4:06
Release Date: April 4th, 2014
Producer(s): David Maurice, Josh Carter, Sarah Barthel

Apparition is a unique track with plenty of synths, samples, and Pixie's super smooth vocals.The echoed melodies, the fuzzy synth, the catchy beat—all of these combined to create a fantastic song. The song serves as the last track on the EP, which is very different to what we're used to hearing from the pop singer. The weird yet addictive beat to the song mixes electronic synths and glitches, with some handclaps as well. It really shows the potential of the Finnish singer who isn't afraid to test the waters on what's considered 'popular music'. It's clear she's not interested in making music just to fit in. Her vocals are flawless, stunning almost with her accent adding some flavor to the track. They are haunting and beautiful, Sarah in the background to echo her. Probably the most entertaining and unexpected part of the song is the guitar solo towards the end of the track. The electronic guitar, played by Josh Carter, allowing the rest of the beat to play before fading off.

Lyrically, the song is about an apparition, a spirit, who is watching over someone. She makes sure they don't throw their life away just to see her since she's there with that person. The first verse explained means she is watching him through parts of a broken window, feeding off of the smiles that she sees. It's the only thing that keeps her alive besides their need to see her. She warns them to make sure they are still and it's night time and not to miss the chance to see her or they never will again. The pre chorus states 'White on white you see/ White on white you breath' which translates into her ghostly like appearance. It is also a play on most beliefs that it is very cold when a spirit is present, making people able to see their breath. She also states that heaven wouldn't accept her so she drifts to watch over the person. In the chorus, Pixie's haunting vocals continue, in a lighter tone, as she sings about not being able to explain what's not opaque or clearly seen. She assures the person they aren't crazy. In the second verse, Pixie talks how she couldn't bare the thought of them being alone so she asked God to allow her to be there. She says the house, their life, will cave in and they will die so she tells them to turn a blind eye to her to stay alive. The point of the song is to watch over someone without interrupting their life and by doing so, she can help them but if they try to bring her back or interfere, they will drive themselves mad and eventually die.

"Apparition is a beautiful song, is so mesmerizing. I was taken aback by the music and the production. I knew I had to work with it. I'm very much interested in spirits and I find them fascinating. I believe I have a guardian angel and a few spirits watching over me. I know that I need them to survive so I won't mess with them. The whole notion of the song is just me wanting to be a protector. I'm very motherly and like that so I've always told my friends when I die, I would watch over them but they shouldn't try to contact me or anything like that because of the bad demons out there. It goes along with the theme of my EP as well, it's just a mystery in itself."

I'm staring at you through the broken window
Feeding off the smiles unknown
Hear me when it's night and still
Don't miss the chance to see or you never will

White on white you see
White on white you breathe
And heaven, no heaven won't accept me

But you can't explain
What's not transparent
I swear you're just fine

I couldn't bare the thought of you alone
So, I asked God to let me stay home
The house will cave in if you die
Turn a blind eye and stay alive

White on white you see
White on white you breathe
And heaven, no heaven won't accept me

But you can't explain
What's not transparent
I swear you're just fine

But you can't explain
What's not transparent
I swear you're just fine

Con-Continuity
Con-Continuity
Con-Continuity
Con-Continuity

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 04 April 2014 10:33:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 04/04/2014(UTC), erich hess on 04/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/04/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 04 April 2014 07:05:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Erich:,I'm glad pixers is ,you know,reasonable. I mean,c'mon,just six inches? It's good to see someone not starting off at like....8 inches. Of course..*laughs nervously* I'm waaaay over qualified. I don't even have a willy.its so large,it has an erich.. *laughs and then start crying* ok ok , my life is a lie.

Karoliena: I love dick inches. Using the dick inch unit of measurement? The moon is only about a mile away.

OOC: She doesn't :P

Pixie: Of course, always start what you can handle I always say. Erich! I think you're mind is being dirty, I'm only talking about shoes ;)

@Karoliena: Imagine heels being measured with penises. Hmm, dick shoes? I'll take them all!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/04/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#14 Posted : 04 April 2014 08:07:58(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: I knew I was going to like 6 inches, and I was right I do love 6 inches. I love the song so much I won't even to a dick joke right and just say WOO Pixie!!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 04 April 2014 08:15:30(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post

Pixie: Of course, always start what you can handle I always say. Erich! I think you're mind is being dirty, I'm only talking about shoes ;)

@Karoliena: Imagine heels being measured with penises. Hmm, dick shoes? I'll take them all!

Erich: just shoes? Oh....in that case,I think these boots only half an inch and a half.

Karoliena: those would be some pretty dick-a-riffic shoes. I'd like them in slipper form...that make "sproing" sounds with every step. I'm mature that way.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#16 Posted : 04 April 2014 10:28:10(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: I absolutely love this EP Pixie! You are great at what you do and I'm so happy to be going on tour with you. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 04 April 2014 11:03:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I knew I was going to like 6 inches, and I was right I do love 6 inches. I love the song so much I won't even to a dick joke right and just say WOO Pixie!!

Pixie: Yay, thank you! :)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post

Erich: just shoes? Oh....in that case,I think these boots only half an inch and a half.

Karoliena: those would be some pretty dick-a-riffic shoes. I'd like them in slipper form...that make "sproing" sounds with every step. I'm mature that way.

Pixie: Of course, what else did you think the song was about? ;)

@Karoliena: I love it, everything about that idea screams 'cash cow' hehe.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: I absolutely love this EP Pixie! You are great at what you do and I'm so happy to be going on tour with you. :)

Pixie: Thank you Kourtney and I'm excited to hear your new single tomorrow and see you on tour! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/04/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#18 Posted : 04 April 2014 11:08:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich:um...stuff...and things
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#19 Posted : 05 April 2014 05:57:58(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: Where have you been, sweetheart?! We so need to catch up soon... more hearts to break and all that jazz. This EP is DIVINE, fantastic lyrics and each song shows a different side to you as an artist. "6 Inches" is definitely my favourite, I did sadly think it was about penis before I heard it. Thankfully it's not... or at least you disguise it well, because I'm a little fussier than that. Whoever said size doesn't matter needs killing. Mwah. xx
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/04/2014(UTC), kandii on 05/04/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#20 Posted : 05 April 2014 07:41:34(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: I have waiting and I am glad I was a patient fairy because this is utter brilliance :)

OOC - great job Tequila as always your lyrics are on point.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/04/2014(UTC)