logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 17 April 2014 08:16:57(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
UserPostedImage

With hollow cheeks, bright orange hair; and a thin, gangly stature,19 year-old Archy Bonner is usually physically compared to Rupert Grint of Harry Potter fame aka Ron Weasley. However, as soon as he opens his mouth and releases his rough baritone voice from the depths of his lungs, he's much more likely to be compared to The Clash's Joe Strummer. The thickly accented and deep voice certainly doesn't fit the face of the boy it belongs to, but it's unlikely that appearance matters to Archy anyway. What matters most to him is music, and his talent for it is unlikely to be matched by most people his age.

Archy's music is very difficult to classify, but it certainly has its roots in folk and jazz played with punk rock speeds and strumming patterns. It's as if he learned the right chords to play the chords of one of his idols Bob Dylan, and then decided to play them in a style more familiar to his peers. Though his backing band is entirely trained in jazz or classical music, Archy records his music by himself, playing every instrument. Live he prefers to stick to the guitar as well as his brash, almost overpowering voice.

"I'm certainly a punk rocker at heart" he says "But I also like to play music more melodically. Little distortion, pretty jazz chords, things of the like. But I can't completely get away from punk because of me voice, I think that's the area where I can let out my inner punk rock. In my voice and in my lyrics. I guess it's like...mixing beauty and chaos which is something that I'm a big fan off. Finding beauty in chaos vice versa.

UserPostedImage

Sound:
While his music usually has the upbeat guitar strumming of punk conjoined with shimmery jazz chords, Archy's music can often also take a more bleak tone in the vein of say, Joy Divison. In songs in this mold, Bonner tends to use his voice to croon rather than howl and snarl, a style more akin to a Bing Crosby than Henry Rollins. Live, his sound is tight and more lush, showing experience in a band where each member is below the age of 22. Archy's live shows, of which is has done dozens in the local pub scene, can go from low key and intimate, to being as loud an violent as any hardcore show. When asked what he considers his music he had this to say: "I don't really classify it as anything besides maybe Indie Rock or something like that he says while strumming his white Telecaster with a hand rolled cigarette between his lips "I really just think that I make good music. I think that it can be harsh, almost brutal. But it can also be pretty and easier to like and to appreciate. I don't really care what you call it as long as you listen, you don't even have to like it".

Inspiration and Influences:
Archy speaks slowly and thoughtfully on what inspires him, displaying a bit of wisdom beyond his years, but not to the point of being pretentious. He lights a joint to smoke while he speaks and takes a lot of time to think about what he says. He as a bit of an alluring presence about him for someone so young, this is what he had to say.

"I think my biggest influences would be Bob Dylan, Joy Division, The Clash, David Bowie, The Sex Pistols, My Bloody Valentine, and The Smiths. there are a lot of other artists I like and appreciate but I'd say in my sound it'd be those guys. As far as inspiration goes I think I'm a bit of an oddball. Like, for writing music I could be inspired by something as simple as a color. I really like gray and a few shades of blue. Bleak shit really. I love photography as well so sometimes I just walk around London and in the train stations and things with my Polaroid and take snaps. They always say a picture's worth a thousand words and I really believe it; I'll look at them after they've developed and try to tell create the vibe of what's happening in the picture musically. Like, I have a song sampling a train going across the tracks with like, slow sludgy chords and that's me trying to sound like a metro station. Lyrically sometimes I'll write about what I find in pictures or in magazines as well, but for the most part I write about what upsets me or my daily life, lost love, mundane teenage bullshit. Something fun I like to do is take music I wrote based off a picture, and then lyrically try to write something based on the emotion that the music gave me. For example, that metro song I was talking about has lyrics about me drunkenly trekking home after being stood up by a girl who I was supposed to meet at my mate's party. I guess I don't really have much to say politically so I write about what's relevant to me and hope it's relevant to somebody else too.

Though soft spoken and polite, Archy Bonner has a quality in his music that is larger than himself, although that isn't too difficult. His playing in pubs has shaken both the youth and adults of the London area and with an EP in the works, hopefully England and North America as well. Through lyrics of isolation, boredom, anger, and love; his music is relatable to most young people. Though he isn't a large name yet, expect to here more from him.
"I'm planning a revolution" he says with a cheeky grin, Archy, we can only hope so.

Examples:

His more fast and upbeat, punk influenced music

His sadder, slower croons.

OOC: Really not much, but I decided to take a fresher approach to my RPing since I haven't RPed in a while to begin with, or made a new artist for that matter.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

thanks 5 users thanked The Nimrods for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/04/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/04/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2014 08:29:56(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: You know what you a talented artist no matter what anyone says. your music is something that I'm going to love watching it grow. All the best of luck to you man don't change.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#3 Posted : 17 April 2014 09:40:07(UTC)
The Nimrods

Archy: Fanks mate, I appreciate it, ah don't fink anyone's said anyfing to put me off so far
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2014 10:38:05(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich:when did ron weasly start channeling the spirit of johnny thunders? i like it,but cant shake hogwarts' class for delinquents out of my head
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline The Nimrods  
#5 Posted : 17 April 2014 11:14:33(UTC)
The Nimrods

Archy: You should see me in America mate. Went there on holday wif me family and got stared at everywhere I went, got asked for me autograph like fifteen times!

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 17 April 2014 11:39:39(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich: we love a celebrity here. at least you'll have a patsy for those awkward times drunkeness and chaos cross paths.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline The Nimrods  
#7 Posted : 17 April 2014 11:46:01(UTC)
The Nimrods

Archy: I could probably get free food haha. "Don't you recognize ms? I'm sure your kids have seen me, I'm Ron bloody Weasley!"

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

thanks 1 user thanked The Nimrods for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 18 April 2014 05:35:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Mia: Nice to meet you Archy, been hearing your name around here and it's nice to put a face to a name. Maybe I need to see a show of yours soon.

Jade: You really do look a tad bit like Ron, but he's adorable! :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline The Nimrods  
#9 Posted : 18 April 2014 09:15:18(UTC)
The Nimrods

Archy: Nice to meet you too, definitely appreciate the support. Hopefully I'm more known for my music than as a Ron Weasley impersonator haha

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 18 April 2014 13:23:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jade: Oh, I'm sorry! I like you as more than just looking like Ron. I think you'll make good music :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar