logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2014 17:06:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: May 29th, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2013
Genre: Electropop
Length: 3:46
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Gia Rose-Hilton, The Outsyders

RULE THE WORLD
Rule The World is a song recorded by Pop singer Isabel Merjos for her fourth studio album. It was released on May 29th, 2014 by Studio60 Records. Produced by Gia Rose-Hilton and The Outsyders, snippets of the song had been posted on the internet via Merjos following up to its release day. She also took to her personal website page where she gave teasers of lyrics to the song such as 'Together we can...Rule the world' with the date '5.29.14' posted in black and pink letters followed by a trending topic, #RuleTheWorld which was trending on Twitter as the number one topic for three days. Rule The World is an uptempo electropop song with characteristic sirens and repetitive hook. Described by Merjos as a self-empowerment and female anthem, the lyrics suggest finding her equal in someone else, possibly a man. Critics and reviewers praise the catchy hook and chorus, as well as intelligent verses. Some also call it one of Isabel's best songs lyrically, with meaning behind every word and sounds more mature and grown up for the now 21 year old.

Merjos recorded her main vocals in Los Angeles, California and in New York City, New York where she was flying back and forth while recording her album. She enlisted the help of fellow music songwriter, Sunny Monroe, to help write the song. Gia Rose-Hilton, who has worked with Izzy on many of her past albums and singles, also produced the track along with the duo The Outsyders who have worked with Britney Spears before. Izzy posted up different images, possibly from the video, and lyrics from the song weeks before it was released. She performed a snippet of it at the iTunes Music Festival at SXSW where the audience and critics were wanting more. On twitter, her fans, Izzybells, managed to trend the song title for three days as the number one trending topic, generating over 2.6 million tweets for it. The song will also be performed at the 8th annual Chaos Awards as her first televised performance of the single.

The uptempo, electropop song uses dark synths which run through a dance oriented beat. The song has been compared to one of Izzy's inspirations and idols in music, Britney Spears, and her earlier works as well as some music from her 'Circus' album. It's written in the standard verse-pre-chorus-chorus form and the track opens with characteristic sirens and electronic drum patterns. Most noticeably are Izzy's vocals and her tone of seductiveness mixed with petulance to give a very diva-like performance. Izzy portrays attitude in the single, not sounding like the 'little sweet and innocent teen as she usually does' notes on critic. For the most part, she stays at a very low register, only singing higher during the bridge of the song and chorus. Her backing vocals almost sound as if they are taunting and trying to persuade the listener that she 'makes it look easy.' Lyrically, the song is about meeting an equal to the point where the two of them could be royalty and rule the world together. She sings several times, 'Watch me on the throne/I'll be the best you've ever kno-oown.' Her quick-witted and confident vocals are one of the highlights of the song, almost begging the question if Izzy talks like this without the sweet image being thrown onto her.

The song is sure to be one for the summer and it's addictive and catchy lyrics are to thank for that, as well as the dance and electronic beat throbbing in the listeners ears. There's also rumors that the song is hinting at her relationship with Ryan Ross Hernandez but Isabel has neither denied nor confirmed those rumors.

====

[Verse 1]
Look at you, presence always so demanding
Reminding me, of a ruler or a champion
Everything about you screams that you know what you're doing
Nothing bothers you, You've got ice in your veins
Look at me, I know I'm your only equal
Don't worry babe, we'll be nothing of a sequel
Between the two of us there's something, others all around are burning
We both know it's not the money or the fame

Rule the world, rule the, rule the world
Rule the world baby, oh, rule the world
We will rule the world, oh baby
You'll be my king, I'll be your queen
We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
I'll be the best you've ever kno-oown
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You don't believe me?
(Ooh) I make it look easy
(Ooh) Together we can, rule the world

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You know you want it
(Ooh) Just go on, admit it
(Ooh) Together we will, rule the world

[Verse 2]
It's too bad, you always go a little lower
Here's your chance, let me repeat a little slower
We can be just everything that people dreamed but know they can't
Reach that level, it just runs through our blood
I'm not a tease, I've just been waiting for the right one
The way you smile, tells me that my search is now done
I'll never hesitate to take what's rightfully mines anyway
That's who I am, And I know I'll never change

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

[Bridge]
It don't make sense that you would ever downgrade
(Rule the world, rule the, rule the world, rule the world baby)
Just one kiss could easily help to persuade, but I know you're better than tha-at

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Sound Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 29/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/05/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/05/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 30/05/2014(UTC), Moquel on 31/05/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/06/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/06/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2014 18:08:43(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: "Watch me on the throne...."? Wait for it....wait...no...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That's some major piss and shit fetish going on there, love. Best part is she says it three times! Wonderful. Songwriters really should look up euphemisms for penises and in this case toilets, before they go telling a pop star to sing it. Honestly, my favourite song of the year. It's not often you get such an upfront and honest look into someone's sex life like that....

Scott: Gia.....Gia, Gia, Gia. #Facepalm #PorcelainThrone ;)

Katie: the confidence! Wow I can feel how much you've grown in this track right here. It's all about the confidence and the fact you know how powerful you are. I loved it.

OOC: Nice work on this :). But the throne part did make me laugh out loud a little :P Possibly just British slang though.

Edited by user 29 May 2014 19:04:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/05/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2014 22:37:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erica: wait wait wait. Aren't female empowerment songs all about sex and blowjob skills? Jeez,izzy.

Nina: it's nice to see a young girl with it together,love. Now if only she wasn't dating a man old enough to be her father.

Erica: um,how old is castor again?

Nina: *eyes dart around* its....sexy when the woman is older?

Erica: whatever,miss Robinson
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2014 03:13:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: "Watch me on the throne...."? Wait for it....wait...no...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That's some major piss and shit fetish going on there, love. Best part is she says it three times! Wonderful. Songwriters really should look up euphemisms for penises and in this case toilets, before they go telling a pop star to sing it. Honestly, my favourite song of the year. It's not often you get such an upfront and honest look into someone's sex life like that....

Scott: Gia.....Gia, Gia, Gia. #Facepalm #PorcelainThrone ;)

Katie: the confidence! Wow I can feel how much you've grown in this track right here. It's all about the confidence and the fact you know how powerful you are. I loved it.

OOC: Nice work on this :). But the throne part did make me laugh out loud a little :P Possibly just British slang though.

Isabel: Well I can assure you the song is nothing about a toilet...lol, that's just weird.

@Katie: Thanks :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: wait wait wait. Aren't female empowerment songs all about sex and blowjob skills? Jeez,izzy.

Nina: it's nice to see a young girl with it together,love. Now if only she wasn't dating a man old enough to be her father.

Erica: um,how old is castor again?

Nina: *eyes dart around* its....sexy when the woman is older?

Erica: whatever,miss Robinson

Isabel: Not the ones I listen to, lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2014 03:22:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erica: because you are bright and know your worth doesn't reside in your trousers. We know the kind of people in talking about,izzy tizzy.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 30 May 2014 03:26:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: YASSS! This is catchy as hell, I live for it! I see you Isabel ;)

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 30 May 2014 04:50:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: This seriously gave me life! great song.

Mandy: IZZYYYY! This is amazing! I love all your songs but this has to be my favorite! That chorus is so catchy it makes me just want to dance. Bring the album on, love ya xoxo see you sooooon.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 30 May 2014 09:34:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: because you are bright and know your worth doesn't reside in your trousers. We know the kind of people in talking about,izzy tizzy.

Isabel: Well, everyone thinks differently about things and some appeal to others in different ways :P

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: YASSS! This is catchy as hell, I live for it! I see you Isabel ;)

Isabel: Thank you!!! :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This seriously gave me life! great song.

Mandy: IZZYYYY! This is amazing! I love all your songs but this has to be my favorite! That chorus is so catchy it makes me just want to dance. Bring the album on, love ya xoxo see you sooooon.

OOC: This song gave me life as I wrote it lol.

Isabel: COOKIE! Thank you very much :) I hope to see you soon, it's been too long!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 30 May 2014 10:40:08(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OOC: I would never imagine to actually seeing one of us trying to create something over "Womanizer" because of the impact that song had, but I give you credit for doing a real good job with it! I loved it. it was very unexpected for Isabel as well, which you got it right again, because I can tell no one was expecting something like this as the lead single for her next album!

mISTER_b: This song is SICK! incredibly catchy, OMG I have a feeling it will camp at number one!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 30 May 2014 12:35:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I would never imagine to actually seeing one of us trying to create something over "Womanizer" because of the impact that song had, but I give you credit for doing a real good job with it! I loved it. it was very unexpected for Isabel as well, which you got it right again, because I can tell no one was expecting something like this as the lead single for her next album!

mISTER_b: This song is SICK! incredibly catchy, OMG I have a feeling it will camp at number one!

OOC: Thanks! Yeah, it just all sort of came to me really lol. I wanted to go a different route and thought it was perfect for the lead single and the ones to follow, follow it perfectly as well so it all sort of just planned itself.

Isabel: Thank you so much :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 31 May 2014 03:50:11(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: girl you totally did your thing hun, we girl gotta run this :)

OOC - sorry I only just got to this, another great song by Izzy, your rps are always top quality too :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 31 May 2014 06:43:46(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: girl you totally did your thing hun, we girl gotta run this :)

OOC - sorry I only just got to this, another great song by Izzy, your rps are always top quality too :)

Isabel: Thanks Amy, and I agree ;)

Ooc: No problem, thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#13 Posted : 04 June 2014 04:13:43(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Harmony: Eeek! My nana freaking loves this song! She even twerked to it. Wanna see the video!?

Kourtney: Your new single rocks bestie! :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 04 June 2014 12:18:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Harmony: Eeek! My nana freaking loves this song! She even twerked to it. Wanna see the video!?

Kourtney: Your new single rocks bestie! :)

Isabel: Oh my, yes, yes I would :O

@Kourtney: Thank you! :) Love you <3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage