logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 31 May 2014 09:15:56(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Las Vegas-native Natasha Iver has been on the internet since she was fifteen, writing and producing her own music, and attempting to promote herself on several different independent music websites. She even, for a short time, resorted to being one of those people who asks through YouTube comments for others to go to their page and check out their music as well. Of course, many of her comments were flagged, and eventually her YouTube channel was shut down. But that didn't stop her, because if Natasha Iver is anything, it's persistent. She started her own website - NatashaIver.com - when she was seventeen, where she continued to post her newest music and updates on her life over the years. Although most people would say that Natasha's music was decent and likable, the overall views on her website barely passed 200. Slowly, the updates stopped coming, and most of Natasha's dedicated followers lost interest and moved on to other wannabe internet celebrities. Until yesterday, Natasha Iver had not uploaded a new song onto her website in over a year.

Natasha's followers were shocked to see earlier this week that Natasha's website had been updated, and a new blog had been uploaded with Natasha apologizing for disappearing from the internet for the past year. The now twenty-two year old blamed her disappearance on family and relationship problems, which seemed to be the topic of many of her past blogs since she was seventeen. In her newest blog, she told her fans that she had something new to share with them, and she definitely wasn't kidding. Her newest song - My Boyfriend Will Hate This Song (Dirty Metal Music Fan) - started streaming at 7:32 PM last night, and by this morning, Natasha's website views had not only doubled, but tripled in hits. The number kept growing as more people kept listening and sharing Natasha's newest song until it was fully circulating around the internet. Nobody has ever commented that the song is well-written, but most everybody can agree that it's extremely catchy, and that's why so many like it and continue to listen to it.

The song tells the story of Natasha Iver's relationship with somebody who doesn't like her music. She doesn't seem to be upset by the fact that he doesn't like it, but rather almost laughing at the idea of it, and accepting of the fact that she'll never truly enjoy her work. Even in the first line, she characterizes her boyfriend as "big and strong," so when she says that she knows he's going to hate this song, it comes off as her saying that her boyfriend is too manly, almost, to enjoy her dance pop music. It's not revealed until the chorus that the reason why her boyfriend doesn't like her music is because her boyfriend is much more of a fan of the metal genre, which Natasha Iver's music definitely doesn't fit into. Natasha seems to be almost laughing at the fact that she knows that her boyfriend is going to hate her song as she sings, "Oh Oh Oh Oh / He'll hate this!" before the chorus. Her voice stays at pretty music the same octave for most of the song, except when she sings the chorus - then it goes up much higher with Natasha trying to show off her range. Although her voice in the song is heavily edited, it is obvious that even without the editing, Natasha could still be considered a good singer. When Natasha uploaded this song, she added a blog with it, explaining what the song was about. She mentioned in the blog that the relationship the song was about has ended since she wrote the song. She jokingly added that it wasn't because of musical differences that the relationship ended. The song uses a very dance pop beat and sound to it. Everything about the song is very light, with no heavy lyrics or beats throughout it. There's an instrumental break in the middle of the song before the lyrics start over, which seems to be the focus of the song. The instrumental break seems to be another laugh at Natasha's boyfriend, seeming to say, "You don't like pop music? Here's a whole interlude that's only pop music." It's not only a catchy song about two people in a relationship together who have different musical tastes, but also about a woman not feeling like she needs to change who she is for her boyfriend, and being okay with that.

The song, of course, has received mixed reviews from all the people on the internet who think it's their job to share their opinion with anybody who may listen. Many people have shrugged it off as just another internet song craze that nobody will talk about again in a few weeks, while many people have completely embraced the song, claiming it one of their favorites so far in the year. And, like always, there are the people who claim that the song is just more mainstream trash that is only being supported by the sheep of the world who will promote anything that their friends say is cool. Overall, the song seems to have the makings of a hit, if not for the fact that maybe it's actually a pretty good song, then for the reason that so many people have shared it all over the internet already.

TITLE: My Boyfriend Will Hate This Song (Dirty Metal Music Fan)
ARTIST: Natasha Iver
WRITTEN BY: Natasha Iver
LENGTH: 3:53
GENRE: Dance pop
PRODUCER: Natasha Iver

My boyfriend
Big and strong
I know that he
Will hate this song

Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!
Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!

My boyfriend
Big and strong
I know that he
Won't sing along

Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!
Oh Oh Oh Oh

My boyfriend is a
Is a dirty metal music fan, yeah

My boyfriend doesn't
Doesn't listen to me and my band, yeah

He's a dirty metal music fan, yeah
Doesn't listen to me and my band (my band, my band, my band, my band, yeah)

He'll hate this!

[Instrumental Break]

My boyfriend
Big and strong
I know that he
Will hate this song

Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!
Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!

My boyfriend
Big and strong
I know that he
Won't sing along

Oh Oh Oh Oh
He'll hate this!
Oh Oh Oh Oh

My boyfriend is a
Is a dirty metal music fan, yeah

My boyfriend doesn't
Doesn't listen to me and my band, yeah

He's a dirty metal music fan, yeah
Doesn't listen to me and my band (my band, my band, my band, my band, yeah)

He'll hate this!

SOUNDS LIKE:
Avicii - You Make Me

thanks 9 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
genocidal king on 31/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 31/05/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 31/05/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/05/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 31/05/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 31 May 2014 10:48:53(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 7597 post(s)
Michelle: One of my fans sent me a link to this on Twitter earlier and I'm so glad that I was able to notice the tweet. I clicked on the link and I've been hooked ever since! Writing, singing and producing your own song is one thing but to be the creator of a track that's becoming an internet craze single-handedly is astounding. Love the song sweetie and I can't wait to hear more from you :)

ooc: Really love the background information surrounding Natasha and the song, very interesting! Also, it's a very clever and unique way to launch an act. Can't wait to see Natasha develop :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 31 May 2014 11:11:38(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Michelle: One of my fans sent me a link to this on Twitter earlier and I'm so glad that I was able to notice the tweet. I clicked on the link and I've been hooked ever since! Writing, singing and producing your own song is one thing but to be the creator of a track that's becoming an internet craze single-handedly is astounding. Love the song sweetie and I can't wait to hear more from you :)

ooc: Really love the background information surrounding Natasha and the song, very interesting! Also, it's a very clever and unique way to launch an act. Can't wait to see Natasha develop :)

Natasha: Yeah, you'll have to excuse me for a minute while I go fan girl in the corner of my room. Oh my god, thank you so much. It's not only fucking amazing for people to recognize all the hard work I've put into this, but also that somebody as amazing as you recognize it as well. I'll keep trying to make you proud, Michelle. :) thank you!

OOC: Thank you so much! :) I hope I do well with her, I'm not really that great with pop music. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/05/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 03 June 2014 18:03:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: I forgot about this one when I was busy with all the awards and stuff - great work as always, and I love how you manage to stay consistent with all your ace new characters :) Great RP :)

Kai: Browdy sings this dirty metal fan thing at me all the time now. So thanks for that....nice song, though.
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 04 June 2014 00:52:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: I forgot about this one when I was busy with all the awards and stuff - great work as always, and I love how you manage to stay consistent with all your ace new characters :) Great RP :)

Kai: Browdy sings this dirty metal fan thing at me all the time now. So thanks for that....nice song, though.

OOC: Oh, I guess you're forgiven for forgetting. ;) Thank you so much! I hope I'm able to keep up with all of them, hahaha. :)

Natasha: Hahahaha! Objective: achieved. Dirty metal music fans all over the world now have to listen to my song non-stop from their girlfriends! It's like I'm slowly taking over the world, one genre fan base at a time.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2014 02:06:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Really cool RP and back story. Will be cool to see you control a full fledged pop act. Can't wait to see what you have in store for her :) this is like the girls anthem, love it haha.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 04 June 2014 02:18:48(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: Really cool RP and back story. Will be cool to see you control a full fledged pop act. Can't wait to see what you have in store for her :) this is like the girls anthem, love it haha.

OOC: Aw, thank you so much! I hope I do well with it, I'm not really a pop music fan, so this is definitely a little bit of an experiment for me. :) Thank you so much again!
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2014 02:48:38(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: I've been hooked on this song since the moment I first listened to it. Darn you Natasha and your genius, I'll be singing this in the shower for days. :D

Ooc: Great job!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2014 03:11:28(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: I've been hooked on this song since the moment I first listened to it. Darn you Natasha and your genius, I'll be singing this in the shower for days. :D

Ooc: Great job!

Natasha: It's pay back for all the times I've annoyed the shit out of my neighbors for singing your songs over and over again in the shower. ;)

OOC: Thank you! :D
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)