logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 13 June 2014 14:22:07(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Your Favorite
ARTIST: Cherry Street
WRITERS: Tessa Laity, Vanessa Lynn
LENGTH: 3:31
GENRE: Indie rock, new wave, electronic rock
PRODUCER: Reza Vranitzky
From the Album: Love Songs (Released on 5/11/14)

The fifth song on the album is "Your Favorite," written by Tessa Laity and Vanessa Lynn. Although other songs on the album could easily be classified as dance songs, and several of them could be heard at any club that promotes dancing, "Your Favorite," is one of the few songs that seems to be specifically made for dance clubs or anything of that variety. The lyrics are not the top-notch lyrics that several of Cherry Street's songs are, but that's fine because the lyrics seem to come second to the beat of the song. In fact, while what the girls in the song are doing can be classified as singing, they more seem to be speaking in rhythm, definitely making the song the type that isn't easily sung along to - but definitely the type of song that can be danced to.

The song starts off with an obvious dance beat. There's an almost obvious 70s influence to the song, which features a theremin to give the song an almost futuristic - yet retro - edge to it. Tessa starts the song off, talking about walking with somebody that she has strong feelings with. She sings that she's been trying to tell this person something for a long time, but the words keep getting stuck in her throat. Her voice is very monotone, almost as if she's extremely focused on keeping with the beat of the song, not wanting to lose herself in the extremely complicated rhythm. Vanessa takes the next verse, her voice in the exact same state as Tessa's, although much higher pitched. She tells basically the same story about not being able to tell this person how she feels about them even though they're standing right in front of them, and nothing is interrupting them. The chorus is next, featuring all four of the Cherry Street girls. While normally their voices are well-organized and precise when they're all singing together, this time they seem to have taken a kind of sloppy approach to the chorus. They seem to shrug off harmonizing together, so each one of their voices is very obvious. It's not out of laziness that they did this - it was intentional to give the song a very laid-back feeling. It's not one to be taken seriously since it's specifically made for clubs, where nothing is taken particularly seriously. The chorus are the words that the voice of the song so badly wants to tell the person they're with: That this person is their favorite person in the world, no matter what, and that they hope that they're that person's favorite as well. There's a pause between the main section of the chorus and where all the girls repeat the ending line like, "And I hope / And I hope that I am your favorite, too." There's a dance pause in the song in between the chorus and the third verse that sounds much like the beginning of the song before Aubrey starts with her verse, her voice monotone and almost robotic like Vanessa and Tessa's before. She sings about the aftermath of admitting to being in love with this person, who apparently has not taken it as well as she has hoped. In the third line of Aubrey's verse, she sings, "I'm just so glad I met you now," her voice -while still monotone - takes on a sort of wavy feeling, with every other word being emphasized. All four girls join in on the next line, doing the exact same wavy feel as before and almost repeating the same line, but changing it to, "I'm just so glad I met you then." And then the next verse is Eva's. The verse starts off with all four girls singing, "You, you, you," and then just Eva sings, "...are amazing to me," and then again with, "Kiss, kiss, kisses," and "help me to see." Eva finishes the verse alone by confessing that she's given this person to key to her heart because she's so sure of what she's saying to him. Aubrey sings the verse right after that, having a little bit of a different reaction to this person not responding the way that she would have hoped. Aubrey, instead, gets a little desperate sounding as she begs for this person to forgive her for acting like a love-stricken fool and asks if there's anyway that this person could ever love her back. She ends the verse with, "You're just my favorite, I love you," and all four of the girls sing, "And I hope that I am your favorite, too." Again, they quietly repeat, "And I hope / And I hope that I am your favorite, too." Eva sings another verse, this verse seeming to take place sometime in the future, a little while after this awkward and embarrassing moment when feelings were not reciprocated. She sings about how she doesn't feel that way about this person anymore after this experience because now she feels like that person's heart is black and unlovable. There's a small dance pause in between the verse, but it slowly starts to fade out until there's almost to music, and you hear all four of the girls sing, "I am your favorite, too," before the song starts up again.

In the final part of the song, it starts to take on a whole other feeling, as if a lot of time has passed now. In the dance pause between the last line and the next verse, the music sounds almost sinister and there's an electronic beat that is mimicking what a heart beat monitor sounds like. At the end of the dance pause, the heart beat monitor sound seems to flatline, giving that solid line of a single note noise before completely fading out and going back into the sound that the song had before. Tessa starts it off, singing about how even though she thought that she was completely over this person who has broken her heart, she's not because she finds that she can't move on from him. Vanessa sings the next verse, which is almost a repeat of a verse earlier in the song. While earlier in the song, Vanessa sang, "Stop and struggle with the words you can't hear / I lack courage, and all I can say is," this time she sings, "I do not struggle, my words are clear / With all my courage, I say to you," and then the chorus repeats. The girls sing, "And I hope / And I hope that I am your favorite, too," three times at the end before the song begins to do the sinister sounding music again, along with the heartbeat monitor sound again, but this time when it fades out, the song has ended. It's a bit of a distressing ending, especially for people who want the situation in the song to end well for the women in it. Although it's never explicitly said, it's pretty safe to assume that it didn't go well the second time they approached this person about how they feel judging by how the music sounded at the end.

The words have been sitting on my tongue
Since we started walking
I've been needing to tell for so long
So long that the words get stuck in my throat

You're looking me in the eye
You're looking as the world goes by
Stop and struggle with the words you can't hear
I lack courage, and all I can say is:

"You are, by far, my absolute favorite
Stop and hear, what I have to say is true
Love me, hate me, but you are my favorite
And I hope that I am your favorite, too"

And I hope
And I hope that I am your favorite, too

Please stop looking at me like I am so strange
I guess it's time I should explain
I'm just so glad I met you now

I'm just so glad I met you then

You, you, you are amazing me
Kiss, kiss, kisses help me to see
My heart beats for you, so here is the key
I'm just so sure of what I'm saying

Forgive, I'm such a fool
Could you love me? Please don't be cruel
You're just my favorite, I love you

And I hope

Then you turned your back and showed me your heart was black
I tried to speak, but my voice was so meek
You started to turn to me again, but I left
I took my heart back, it was a pure theft

I am your favorite, too

I'm still thinking about you all night
My friends say I'm quite a sight
I still have my heart, but I lost the key
Could you please give it back to me?

You're looking me in the eye
You're looking as the world goes by
I do not struggle, my words are clear
With all my courage, I say to you:

"You are, by far, my absolute favorite
Stop and hear, what I have to say is true
Love me, hate me, but you are my favorite
And I hope that I am your favorite, too"

And I hope
And I hope
And I hope

SOUNDS LIKE:
CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above

thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 14/06/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/06/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:13:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: Nice job on this ladies! I can't believe this is your fifth single and you already have an album out. That is what I call getting to work. This is my favorite track from you guys. I love how you're a mixture of fun yet you have some pretty thoughtful things to sing about.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:19:56(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Jennifer: Nice job on this ladies! I can't believe this is your fifth single and you already have an album out. That is what I call getting to work. This is my favorite track from you guys. I love how you're a mixture of fun yet you have some pretty thoughtful things to sing about.

Tessa: Hahah, thanks, Jennifer! Yeah, we definitely jumped on the music wagon hardcore after he had been silent for a few months. This is one of our favorite tracks as well! :) We're really glad that you like it! Means a lot!
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:27:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: If ever someone said "omg did you hear one of the checks in Cherry street killed the other three?" it would definitely be that one on the left that was doing the slaying. She looks shifty for sure. Anyhow, loved the song, innit? I love how you're just doing you without being the stereotypical pop wankers all about image and shit. Well played.

Ooc: Ace work as always :)
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:36:17(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kai: If ever someone said "omg did you hear one of the checks in Cherry street killed the other three?" it would definitely be that one on the left that was doing the slaying. She looks shifty for sure. Anyhow, loved the song, innit? I love how you're just doing you without being the stereotypical pop wankers all about image and shit. Well played.

Ooc: Ace work as always :)

Vanessa: Oh my god.

Eva: Shut up.

Vanessa: Eva, he has a point. Sometimes you look hella shifty. Like a creepy little Amish Anabaptist kid.

Tessa: Thank you, Kai! That means a lot that we don't come off as stereotypical pop to you. I didn't think we'd be the type of music you'd be into. That's awesome. :)

OOC: Thank you so much! :)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 30 June 2014 05:03:36(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: You four girls are certainly my favorite. Needless to say, I hope that I'm 'Your Favorite' too! Ha ha, sorry I couldn't resist. Just ignore me, I'm totally bonkers today. :) Anyways, I do love this song. It's brilliant. No wonder, it's a hit with everyone!

Ooc: Great rp! :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 30 June 2014 06:44:19(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: You four girls are certainly my favorite. Needless to say, I hope that I'm 'Your Favorite' too! Ha ha, sorry I couldn't resist. Just ignore me, I'm totally bonkers today. :) Anyways, I do love this song. It's brilliant. No wonder, it's a hit with everyone!

Ooc: Great rp! :D

Aubrey: Oh my god, you're adorable.

Tessa: Thank you so much, Kourtney! We're proud to be your favorites, and you're our favorite, too. ;)

OOC: Thank you! :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 30/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 30 June 2014 23:32:17(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Chloe: I love this single and everything you guys are about. Always staying in your own lane and that will really give you guys longevity in this industry!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline freestylechamp  
#9 Posted : 01 July 2014 01:05:58(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Sabrina: Tess you totally ROCKED it! This song is great and the past few songs have shown so much range and meaning. Love You GIRLS X3

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#10 Posted : 01 July 2014 08:24:05(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Chloe: I love this single and everything you guys are about. Always staying in your own lane and that will really give you guys longevity in this industry!

Aubrey: Thank you so much, Chloe. I hope everything you're saying is true, because we don't plan on changing any time soon. :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 01 July 2014 08:25:22(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Sabrina: Tess you totally ROCKED it! This song is great and the past few songs have shown so much range and meaning. Love You GIRLS X3

Tessa: Ah, thanks, Sabrina! Love you, too. :)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 01 July 2014 08:34:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Thats the girl group I always dreamed to be part of, Oops, I was in a girlband before... (Shade)

OOC: I can't believe you know CSS.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#13 Posted : 01 July 2014 08:40:49(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Julia: Thats the girl group I always dreamed to be part of, Oops, I was in a girlband before... (Shade)

Vanessa: Ohhhhhh! Shade thrown! Hahaha, thanks, Julia! We're all pretty big fans of you!

OOC: CSS is one of my favorite bands! :D
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 01 July 2014 08:44:16(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Vanessa: Ohhhhhh! Shade thrown! Hahaha, thanks, Julia! We're all pretty big fans of you!

OOC: CSS is one of my favorite bands! :D

OOC: It's funny that they're pretty famous outside their home country, such an ironic thing.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)