logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2014 10:42:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Cruise Control
Length: 17.55
Genre(s): Indietronica, New Wave, Darkwave, Art Rock, Baroque Pop
Label: Independent
Release Date: August 2014
Recorded: 12th December 2013 - 25th March 2014
Written By: Evalyn Dixon
Produced By: Matthew Debarge, Zoey Daniels

Tracklist:
1. Three Little Words
2. Clockwork
3. Brush The Off
4. Bad To The Bone
5. Paint Me
6. Lies

'Cruise Control' is the debut EP by British singer-songwriter Evalyn Dixon, the EP was first announced in March of this year but in counted many set backs which has now pushed the release date back until August, the EP was originally going to be called 'The Scientist' but the name was later changed to it's current title for unknreleased reasons, the EP was written entirely by Evalyn herself, woth production of the EP handled by her good friends Matthew Debarge, who also produced her free to download single 'Three Little Words' and Zoey Daniels, the EP covers the topics of heartbreak, love, and dispair, the EP has a total length of just under eighteen mintues in length.

The EP has five main and dominant genres, which include Indietronica which runs through every tracks about from track five, New Wave which runs though every track on the EP these two genres are the most dominant the less dominant genres are Darkwave, Art Rock and Baroque Pop, Darkwave is heard in track two and Art Rock and Baroque Pop are both heard in track five and are only heard in that obe track

The EP was recorded over a three month period from December 2013 until March of this year, the reason the EP had a long recording process is because Evalyn wanted to make sure that the EP was perfect before releasing it to the public, the EP was recorded in five different location two of the tracks were recorded in Evalyn's hometown of Birmingham, while a further two tracks were recorded in London while the last two tracks were recorded in America in California, the EP was then put together and mixed and mastered back in Birmingham again and now we have the final product that is all ready for it's release.

So far only one single has been released from the EP and that was the free to download single 'Three Little Words' which was released in April and because it was a free single it was not eligible to chart on the major main charts across the world but the song blew up on itunes not only in the UK but in ither countries as well, especially in the USA were the song has now sold over 800'000 in just digital downloads alone, the song has sold over two million copies to date making the song one of the biggest promotional free singles of all time, a second single 'Clockwork' is dubbed as the 'official' first single will be released tomorrow as a full official single and will be eligible to chart on major charts, it is unknown weather a third single will be released from the EP or not.

Upon its release to preview, 'Cruise Control' received rave reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 100 to reviews from music critics, the EP received an average score of 85, which indicates "universal acclaim", based on 34 reviews. Kitty Empire of The Observer praised the album for its "squeaky sexed-up falsettos, fearless attitude, wordless ecstasies and effortless swoops". She found the album's overt feminist message to be a particularly bone opening statement. The Daily Telegraph applauded Evalyn as "one of the most technically gifted vocalists in pop, with indie sas, Dark vibe and a huge range." The publication also noted the album's sexual tone, quality of restraint and loose song-structure as distinct features. Jon Pareles of The New York Times describes the tracks as "steamy and sleek, full of erotic exploits and sultry vocals; every so often, for variety, they turn vulnerable, compassionate or pro-feminist", also find them "alert to the current sound of clubs and radio, but not trapped by it". Sputnikmusic's Conrad Tao lauded the album as "a loaded fusion of generosity and self-empowerment. Or perhaps, more accurately, it finds self-empowerment in generosity." Greg Kot for the Chicago Tribune saw that "the singer demands to be treated as an equal in the boardroom and the bedroom and also craves some attention", concluding that the album is a merger of "indietronica beats and punk defiance" NME praised it as one of the most experimental EP's by a british solo female this side of he century seeing its dark production and themes as poignant. Evan Rytlewski of The A.V. Club summarised that Evalyn made "an emotional album that's dense and substantial but never difficult or self-important." Spin compared with other artists in the same genre field, saying that Evalyn was more textured in terms of sound and content, noting Evalyn's movement from " pop/R&B sound that she grew up to", Jim Farber of New York Daily News said that while Evalyn was not in her full roar, "she gives fans much more to listen to." He also stated, "the mood draws on the warmth and mystery of indie music, enveloped in an echo which recalls subdued production sounds used by Phil Collins in the early 1980s." Bey Nick Catucci of Entertainment Weekly praised the album, finding 'Cruise Control' idulging in "clashing impulses—between strength and escape, megapop and fresh sounds, big messages and resonant lyrics," while Consequence of Sound found "an incredible stylistic range displayed within the constraints of the EP's contemplative and dark tone". Los Angeles Times stipulated that "what's exciting about the record, beyond its means of delivery, is how the music similarly blends the intimate and the extravagant." In a less enthusiastic review, The Independent's Andy Gill found its message significant, but its music too similar to indie music that is out right now.

Edited by user 14 August 2014 00:34:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2014 11:52:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: Hello, you had me at 'Phil Collins' lol, honestly can't wait to hear this :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 21/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 22 July 2014 22:26:33(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: Hello, you had me at 'Phil Collins' lol, honestly can't wait to hear this :)

Evalyn: haha thank you Dylan, It's because a fee of the songs have an 80's feel I glad your looking forward to hearing my EP though :D
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 03 August 2014 03:33:33(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

OOC - would like to point out that I changed her FC this was her original FC for those who didn't know :D

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Title: Three Little Words
Length: 3.33
Genre: Indietronica, New Wave
Label: N/A, Unsigned
Produced By: Marcus O'Neill, James Debarge
Sounds Like: Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons

'Three Little Words' is the first track on the EP and was also the first song that Evalyn released to the public as a free download single.

'Thee Little Words' is a free download single by Indie/Folk artist Evalyn Dixon who is new to the music scene, this song is released as an introduction to Evalyn as an artist, the song is also taken from her debut EP 'The Scientist' which is set for release in July with an official single released just before the EP, the song was written by Evalyn herself, production for the song was handled by Evalyn's manger Marcus O'Neill and her friend James Debarge, the song is released independently on the 23 of May

The song is an up-tempo, Indietronica song with elements of New Wave through out due to the drums used in the songs chorus, the song has a total length of three minutes and thirty three seconds, the theme of the song is loyalty and commitment and how just three words can change everything in a relationship, no music video for the song due to Evalyn mot having the funds to shoot one however a lyric video is available on her youtube channel, the artwork for the single was created by Evalyn herself using photoshop, she wanted something light and friendly but the artwork turned out less simple and became more eye catching

The song starts with a fifteen second intro before Evalyn can be heard singing the first verse in her sutle and soft voice as she is singing the beat behind her is continually changing slightly, after she has finished singing the first verse the beat changes again and becomes more aggressive in its nature as Evalyn can be heard singing the first bridge of the song, Evalyn sings in the same way as she did in the verses however she adds in a less soft tone and her tone becomes more regular in sound after a quick instrumental section that last for about ten seconds, the beat then changes again becoming more up-beat behind Evalyn singing the first chorus of the song, she switches the chours up from the verse and bridge, with her tone being more aggressive but all at the end of every word she goes higher in pitch, after she finishes singing the first chorus of the song the beat again dies down slightly as she begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings the second verse in the same way she did the first with a soft and sutle tone but her voice was a lot quieter singing in an almost whisper like tone, after finishing the second verse again there is a small instrumental section before the beat again becomes more lively and up beat, as Evalyn can be heard singing the second bridge of the song, she sings this bridge in a harsh tone trying to put across how she feels, the aggressive tone makes the second bridge different to the first as the first was more sutle, after the second bridge the beat becomes more up neat again as Evalyn begins to sing the final chours of the song however for the last chorus she goes back to the way she sang the second bridge singing in a whisper like voice, the song then plays out for a further ten seconds before end.

The critical reception for the song has been mixed so far with only an average rating of 45% taken from four reviews, Daniel Pointellis of digitalspy wrote that the song "has a funky, indie driven feel to it, but went on to say he was sceptical about how the public will view this introduction song, saying "the overall sound of the song is risky for a newcomer", Ross Levine of The Guardian gave the song two out of three stars stating that "Evalyn has potential but releasing this as her first showcase of music was a terrible idea, I personally would of gone foe something more indie pop orientated", Stacy Kane of Cleever gave the song a mixed review saying "the overall sound is fresh and funky, but lacks something important or special that will set her apart, John Murphy of musicOMH described "Thee Little Words" as "infectiously catchy and enough depth not to be dismissed lightly as a pop record.", James Berry of Yahoo! Music stated the song "bucks like Goldfrapp riding The Killers' bronco". A number of critics had commented negatively regarding the title of the song. Gareth James from Clash opined that the song "feels a little forced". The Independent's Andy Gill wrote that "Three Little Words" is "every bit as annoying as its punning title, with queasy, prancing piano and synth figures labouring away methodically, Mika-fashion, while she searches unsuccessfully for worthwhile lyrical routes." Alexis Petridis from The Guardian commented that "the lovely delicacy of 'Three Little Words''s tune is easy to miss when there's a woman doing Dalek voices over the top of it. Such are the dangers of trying a little too hard.", Amy Jonea from IndieOMH praised the song saying it "shows a pleasing vulnerability which works very well." Sam Lansky of MTV Buzzworthy described it as "a monster song" and "a muscular uptempo joint", concluding, "Evoking Kate Bush on the high notes and then cascading down to the gravelly tones of her lower register, Marina's voice packs the track with verve and personality, Katherine St Asaph of Popdust gave the song three-and-a-half stars "edging toward 4", referring to it as "a big ball of irony sprinkled with mockery and shoved over a infectious beat. On the other hand, Luke Turner of the NME wrote that in the wake of Madonna's contributions, "plonkers like Evalyn have got cheesy love songs wrong, coming up with this: Indietronica fart beats and cloying vocals. Evalyn would do well to learn that ego needs something to back it up, which you won’t find in this giant guff of saccharine nothing." Also, Elizabeth McGeown, writing for Ireland's State dismissed Three Little Words as "wannabe soppy song disguised in a lame dialogue. Admittedly, it doesn’t take itself seriously. Heavily indie culture laden, it contains a tongue-in-cheek superficiality. Pretending towards philosophy for today it reads like a teenage diary".

Verses
bridge
chorus

Oh I hear those solemn spanish words
Boy I know you're about to break my world
I can see it there in your deep blue eyes
I can see that deep down this love has been all lies
But boy I plead once more for you not to break my heart
I pray to you to not tear my world apart

So keep telling me more and more sweet little lies
Keep telling me that I'm the girl of your life
Cause boy if you walk out that door
You'll be leaving me broken hearted on this cold broken floor

So keep telling me te quiero
Keep telling me I'm the only one
So please don't let me go
Cause I won't admit we're long gone
So please just say those three little words
Just hold me in those arms
Cause i'm still under your charm
So please boy just say those three little words

Deep down I know that we're no more
Deep down I know that loving me is becoming your chore
But I can't let go of fantasy
I can't face a cold broken reality.

I've become a victim of my own desire
I've become a slave to love
So stop me crying down this broken telephone wire
And don't make me the woman that you walked out on.

So keep telling me te quiero
Keep telling me I'm the only one
So please don't let me go
Cause I won't admit we're long gone
So please just say those three little words
Just hold me in those arms
Cause i'm still under your charm
So please boy just say those three little words

Sounds Like:
(couldn't find instrumental)

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 04 August 2014 07:40:28(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Clockwork
Length: 3.45
Genre: Indietronica, Darkwave
Label: Independent
Produced By: Max Miller, James Debarge

'Clockwork' is the second on the EP, and was released as Evalyn's official chart eligible debut single in it's first week the single sold 170K , causing it to enter the chart at #4.

'Clockwork' is the official debut single of singer-songwriter Evalyn Dixon, the song will mark her first ever chart eligible single but on her first ever release to the public, as 'Three Little Words' was released to the public back on April of this year and had good feedback, well now is the release of 'Clockwork', the song was written by Evalyn herself, the production for the song was handled by MaxMiller and James Debarge, the track has a total lengh of three minutes and forty five seconds, the lyrics describe a relatively that is long distance and your brain is going crazy while you wait to see them again.

The song has two main genres Indietronica and Darkwave, Indietronica is heard throughout the song and makes up the main and overall sound of the song, Indietronica is also heard through the way her vocals are delivered, Darkwave is heard during the the beat break down and the beginning of the song and during instrumental breaks.

The song starts with a fifteen second intro before Evalyn can be heard singing the first verse in her sutle and soft voice as she is singing the beat behind her is continually changing slightly, after she has finished singing the first verse the beat changes again and becomes more aggressive in its nature as Evalyn can be heard singing the first bridge of the song, Evalyn sings in the same way as she did in the verses however she adds in a less soft tone and her tone becomes more regular in sound after a quick instrumental section that last for about ten seconds, the beat then changes again becoming more up-beat behind Evalyn singing the first chorus of the song, she switches the chours up from the verse and bridge, with her tone being more aggressive but all at the end of every word she goes higher in pitch, after she finishes singing the first chorus of the song the beat again dies down slightly as she begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings the second verse in the same way she did the first with a soft and sutle tone but her voice was a lot quieter singing in an almost whisper like tone, after finishing the second verse again there is a small instrumental section before the beat again becomes more lively and up beat, as Evalyn can be heard singing the second bridge of the song, she sings this bridge in a harsh tone trying to put across how she feels, the aggressive tone makes the second bridge different to the first as the first was more sutle, after the second bridge the beat becomes more up neat again as Evalyn begins to sing the final chours of the song however for the last chorus she goes back to the way she sang the second bridge singing in a whisper like voice, the song then plays out for a further ten seconds before end.

The music video for the song will premiere a few after the song, the video os set on a beach some scens include Evalyn walking across the beach while singing, singing in a red car with somoe of her friends and also dancing on the beach, the video was directed by Naida Buena, who alsp came up with the videos concept.

Upon its release, "Clockwork received critical acclaim from music critics. Many of them praised the song's radio appeal in contrast with the rest of Evalyn's EP and hailed it as the most single worthy song,Mike Wass of the website Idolator described it as a "radio-ready anthem which is impossible to beat". Vanity Fair writer Michelle Collins described it as "the most upbeat and catchiest song of the lot" on the EP. Ryan Dennehy from the website AbsolutePunk opined that "Clockwork" was a risky choice but could be a hit. Andrew Hampp and Erika Ramirez of Billboard magazine described "Clockwork" as "dull" further calling it the least radio-friendly song on the entire EP with its untraditional pop structure. Peter Tabakis from the website Pretty Much Amazing listed the "Indie power somg" as one of the "potential chart-toppers" of the the year. Michael Cragg of The Guardian called the track a "echo-laden heart burst, but it has it's shaky moments" and an good choice for a single. Stereogum's Tom Breihan found "an immediately apparent flop saying it wasn't to his liking at all. Rob Harvilla from Spin found "perfect single choice" in "Clockwork". Marc Hogan of the same publication described the song as a potential radio hit "that stands out largest" from the her EP. He further went on to praise its "aggressive hook that makes the track stand out from other songs right now, Lindsay Zoladz of Pitchfork Media praised the songs pop appeal and hailed it as a possible blockbuster and hit. She went on to praise the singer's vocal performance in the song concluding "all of the flawlessness here is brilliantly undercut by Evalyn's higher range". The song's Indie and sing-along sound and production received praise by critics. Greg Kot from the Chicago Tribune described the song's production as "predictable" and opined that the audience sing-along chorus sounded like it was created specifically for being performed during an arena encore. Similarly, Nathan S. of the website DJ Booth wrote that the song was suitable for "ecstatic" fans to sing along without efforts during a live performance, Jody Rosen writing for Vulture found a "wild and aggressive" anthemic darkwave sound, she then went on to say that the chorus is what stands out the most, Carrie Battan of Pitchfork described the song and classified it as othe first of many of Evalyn's "career high moments". Joe Lynch from Fuse described "Clockwork" as the "one of the most uplifting" Indie song in recent years. He praised the electronic flourishes, saying that they managed to "keep the music from veering into banal territory" and concluded that the song has an "aggressive" sound previously unheard on other material we have heard so far by Evalyn. Philip Sherburne of Spin found the sog to be lifeless amd will probably not do very well even if her fans happen to like it.

Lyrics

Tick tock, tick tock tick
Going around like clockwork

My head is twisting, my head is turning
Ticking and tocking out of control
The constant turning only hurt my mind
And my mind is dirty, dirty for you
My mind is turning tell me I need you
On a daily basis, tick tock
Goes my internal clock tick tocking
For your love and attention

Were are you I need you now here
With me, my head keeps turning like
Clockwork whenever your gone so please
Come back to me so my brain stops turning
Please come back to me, please stop
The hurting, stop making my mind
Work like clockwork

My mind is craving attention, my mind
Is craving you, my brain is wanting
Stimulation, my brain is spiraling out
Of control over you, It's tick tocking all day
And night for you, my mind is racing
To you, my dreams about you are never
Ever ending everyone is about you tick tock
Goes my internal clockwork, tick tock

Were are you I need you now here
With me, my head keeps turning like
Clockwork whenever your gone so please
Come back to me so my brain stops turning
Please come back to me, please stop
The hurting, stop making my mind
Work like clockwork

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2014 03:40:46(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Brush Them Off
Length: 4.26
Genre(s): Art Rock, Baroque Pop
Produced By: Zoey Daniels, Matthew Debarge
Sounds Like: Florence & The Machine - Shake It Off

'Brush Them Off' is the third track on the EP and continues on with the EP's dark and aggressive sound this song also shows of Evalyn's vocal capabilities, the song was written by Evalyn herswlf and was produced by Zoeyy Daniels and Matthew Debarge.

The song starts off with a quiet sound and Evalyn can be heard almost immediately singing the first verse of the song she sings with a soft and calm tone in her voices, towards the end of the first verse I voice begins to become more aggressive, after she finishes singing the first verse the chorus kicks in hard and fast with aggressive drum beats as Evalyn can be heard singing the first verse she sings in an aggressive manner and sounds as if she is shouting, as the first chorus ends the beat again becomes calm and Evalyn is then heard singing the second verse of the song, again in a soft and calm tone, but this time towards the end she remains singing with a calm voice until the beat for the chorus kicks back in, when the beat for the chorus kicks in again Evalyn can once again be heard singing in an aggressive , manner and again almost sounding like she is shouting, after the second chorus the chrous repeats again and Evalyn can be heard again singing in the manner before only this time she is more aggressive but doesn't sound like she is shouting as much, after the third chorus, the beat again calms down as Evalyn can be heard singing the third and final verse of the song, this time when she sings she sounds as if she is crying and trying to fight back the tears, after the third verse is over the beat again picks up as the last two choruses kick in Evalyn can be heard singing the fourth chorus in he same way she had done the last one singing in an aggressive manner and sounding almost like she was shouting, for the final chorus to close the song this time she goes back to her voice for the previous verse as she sings this chorus as if she was crying, after the verse ends the songs plays out for another ten seconds before ending.

Lyrics

There comes a time when nothing
Else matters and all hell breaks loose
When girls become bitchy and boys
Become boys, nothing is worst then
A cocky arrogant boy so just brush
Brush them off

Brush them off, brush them off oh yeah
Oh yeah, just brush them off
If they call you names just brush them off
Oh yeah, brush them off

If you feel like giving it up and all
Is lost and there's nothing left just
Don't give up, do not seek advice
From any nosey boys or girls just
Brush them off, just brush them off

Oh yeah, brush them off

Oh yeah, brush them off

Tell me you won't give up just let
Your life takes it's course, just be
Yourself and everything will be enough
But just brush off anyone who stands
In your way and who causes you pain
Just brush them off

Oh yeah, brush them off

Oh yeah, brush them off

SOUND LIKES:

Edited by user 05 August 2014 03:41:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 05/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 09 August 2014 00:06:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Bad To The Bone
Length: 3.08
Genre(s): New Wave, Indietronica
Produced By: James Debarge, Zoey Daniels
Sounds Like: Marina & The Diamonds - Shampain (Instrumental)

'Bad To The Bone' is the forut track on the EP and continues the theme of the last two songs, with this song discussing that a certain man os bad to his bones and cares for no one.

The song starts with a new wave beat as Evalyn starts singing in a higher key with a rather soft tone to her voice she stays in this key for the entire first verse showcasing a great deal of control in the higher range of her voice, as she begins to sing the bridge the beat changes and slows down to a more indie sound, Evalyn then can be heard singing with again the soft high range tone in her voice again showing control in her vocals there is also backing vocals provided here by Evalyn's friend and producer Zoey Daniels, as the bridge ends the beat once again picks up again to a more new wave sound as Evalyn begins to sing the chorus this time she sings in a lower key and her voice becomes slightly husky instead of the soft tone that was used in previous verses, hr0er vocals are not as controlled in the lower range but the tone in her voice was still there after the chorus the beat changes slightly a more indie sound as Evalyn begins to sing the second verse of the song once again with the higher more soft tone to her voice and the control is maintained once again, after this verse again there is a bridge section with the beat once again changing to a more new wave sound however Evalyn this time sings the bridge still in a higher key but towards the end sings in a lower key again Zoey Daniels provides backing vocals, the beat changes once again to an new wave beat as Evalyn sings the final chours once again in the higher range of her vocals however this chours is slightly different due to the faft that evalyn seems to drop in and out between her high and low register, then is another bridge section again with Evalyn singing in the lower key but this bridge section however has no backing vocals by Zoey, the beat then changed again to a more indie beat as Evalyn sings the chorus once again with the higher key and again drops in and out of her high and low range after this Evalyn finishes singing, the beat plays out for ten more seconds before the song ends.

Lyrics

So bad to the bone, your so bad

Why do you play us girls for fools
You say that you love us but end up
Making us feel worthless, and that's not
Fair, it's not cool, the way you play
Us like a fiddle, you make us feel
Like fools, why do you take us for fools

Your so bad to the bone, boy
You just can't leave us girls alone
You get into our dreams, you become
A fantasy, your so bad to the bone
Bad, bad, bad to the bone

You play with our feelings, you play
With our hearts, you have the power
To make us feel unpretty, that's
Not cool, it unfair to think you can
Intimate and treat us like we're nothing
You takes us girls for fools
Why do you take us for fools

Your so bad to the bone, boy
You just can't leave us girls alone
You get into our dreams, you become
A fantasy, your so bad to the bone
Bad, bad, bad to the bone

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 12 August 2014 04:01:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

OOC - these lyrics are awful but I gave it my best shot :)

UserPostedImage
Title: Paint Me
Length: 2.20
Genre(s): Post-Punk Revival, Indie Rock
Produced By: Stephen Mackey
Sounds Like: Florence & The Machine - Kiss With A Fist

'Paint Me' is the fifth track on the EP and is by far the most aggressive in terms of sound, with the song having a stronger punk feel, the song is also the shortest on the EP at just two minutes and twenty seconds

The song starts with a acapella intro as Evalyn can be heard singing the opening of the song before a guitar and drum beat comes in as Evalyn begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very aggressive and dark tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Evalyn, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more gituar driven sound as Evalyn then begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Evalyn, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive punk beat, Evalyn can then be heard singing the bridge section again in an aggressive manner, the beat again slows down and returns to the also most acapella sound as Evalyn begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the aggressive and dark tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Evalyn finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming aggressive as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Evalyn sings this verse with a lot more aggression than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Evalyn also adds a few extra special vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Evalyn finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again however this time she speaks the bridge section after this the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song, Evalyn sings this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the aggressive tones of the previous verse and bridge this bringing the song back to a calmer pace, in this chorus Evalyn again adds in some adlibes and vocal tricks to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for a few sconds before the aggressive beat drops in the unexpected bridge the beat once again dies down but soon picks up again as Evalyn begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of aggression in her vocals, after Evalym stops singing the punk beat plays out for five seconds before the song ends.

Lyrics

Get your pallet and brush
Make me into your masterpiece
Have me the way you want me
Im your work if art, im the thing
That you always love to paint

Yeah paint me if you love to paint
Paint me to your hearts content
Make me, a regular painting
Or maybe make me an oil painting
Either way just paint me, paint me
If you love to paint

Make sure you paint me perfect
Don't make any mistakes, always
Make sure im not getting neglected by
Your paintbrush, the last thing I need
Is neglect from your paintbrush

If you love to paint

Keep going paint me some more
Make me your pride and joy
The thing that you cherish the
Most, if my paint starts to crack
Then I'll bail out and leave you
To paint someone else

If you love to paint

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 14 August 2014 00:35:58(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Lies
Length: 2.50
Genre(s): Indie Pop, Folk
Produced By: Zoey Daniels, Matthew Debarge
Sounds Like: Echosmith - Cool Kids (Instrumental)

'Lies' is the sixth and final track on the EP and closes the EP on a dark note, the song is two mintues and fifty seconds long and is about a guy repeatedly lying to you, the song is Evalyn's personal favourite.

The song starts off with a quiet sound and Evalyn can be heard almost immediately singing the first verse of the song she sings with a soft and calm tone in her voices, towards the end of the first verse I voice begins to become more aggressive, after she finishes singing the first verse the chorus kicks in hard and fast with aggressive drum beats as Evalyn can be heard singing the first verse she sings in an aggressive manner and sounds as if she is shouting, as the first chorus ends the beat again becomes calm and Evalyn is then heard singing the second verse of the song, again in a soft and calm tone, but this time towards the end she remains singing with a calm voice until the beat for the chorus kicks back in, when the beat for the chorus kicks in again Evalyn can once again be heard singing in an aggressive , manner and again almost sounding like she is shouting, after the second chorus the chrous repeats again and Evalyn can be heard again singing in the manner before only this time she is more aggressive but doesn't sound like she is shouting as much, after the third chorus, the beat again calms down as Evalyn can be heard singing the third and final verse of the song, this time when she sings she sounds as if she is crying and trying to fight back the tears, after the third verse is over the beat again picks up as the last two choruses kick in Evalyn can be heard singing the fourth chorus in he same way she had done the last one singing in an aggressive manner and sounding almost like she was shouting, for the final chorus to close the song this time she goes back to her voice for the previous verse as she sings this chorus as if she was crying, after the verse ends the songs plays out for another ten seconds before ending.

Lyrics

You think that your being clever
Acting all shy, but really you think
Your the thing everyone craves
That everyone wants a piece of
Until they realise that your just one
Big joke and liar

Why do you always spread lies
And cause pain to the people
That you hold dear and close
Why, just tell me why do you
Have to tell lies all the time
Lies, lies and more lies is all
That we get from you

Lie, lie all you do is
Lie, lie all you do is
Lie, lie, lie, lie all you do is tell lies

Your think that your being
Funny, but you don't get how
Much it hurts when you lie
You think us girls love you
But sorry we won't until
You stop with all your
Mind games, and sexist
Remarks but most of all
Your lies

That we get from you

Lie, lie all you do is
Lie, lie all you do is
Lie, lie, lie, lie all you do is tell lies

You need to stop lying or us
Girls will be forever goodbying
if you keep up with the lying and cause
All the damage and pain then your
Life won't be worth living bcause all
Us girls would be on the hunt to kill you
To stop the lies

That we get from you

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#10 Posted : 14 August 2014 00:49:06(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Sabrina: I like it, it was a good EP to get yourself out there. I really need to finish up on mine >-< but I very much like it.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 14 August 2014 03:36:52(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Sabrina: I like it, it was a good EP to get yourself out there. I really need to finish up on mine >-< but I very much like it.

Evalyn: Awww thanks girl, im glad you like it :D can't wait to hear yours
UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 14 August 2014 04:20:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: I'm amused by the fact that you used folk influences to write a song called "Lies". I fucking loved it, really that's my type of music.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 15 August 2014 02:06:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: I'm amused by the fact that you used folk influences to write a song called "Lies". I fucking loved it, really that's my type of music.

Evalyn: I think that is a compliment, I am glad you like the song though thanks
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 15/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 17 August 2014 08:16:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: Not very strong lyrics and your voice is a bit annoying but production wise this is GREAT! I think with due time you can be a force to be reckon with. Keep doing the right things and you might be onto something. The two sings are pretty good too and I also like Bad To The Bone.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#15 Posted : 22 August 2014 05:08:35(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: Not very strong lyrics and your voice is a bit annoying but production wise this is GREAT! I think with due time you can be a force to be reckon with. Keep doing the right things and you might be onto something. The two sings are pretty good too and I also like Bad To The Bone.

Evalyn: I know it's not very strong lyrics wise, but thanks for at least taking an interest it means a lot, hopefully next time I can make a better offering :)
UserPostedImage