logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gumba  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2009 21:05:49(UTC)
gumba

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Pilot would like to announce their return album Remember The Future will be released in mid October. An exact release date has not yet been finalised.

UserPostedImage

Tracklisting of the album is currently planned to be

1. Bag Of Bones
2. Cash(ed Up) Cow
3. Space Cadet
4. All For You
5. History
6. If You Remember
7. Accelerate
8. Lovers & Cigarettes (featuring Ashley Perry)
9. Sleight Of Hand
10. The Kennedy Assassination

This is subject to change.

The band has also set themselves a monumental task with a tour spanning 2.5 months on top of their current reunion tour that will feature 44 shows across 41 cities in 22 countries. Exact details of the tour to come soon.

Edited by user 01 November 2009 20:03:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline old.gregg  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2009 21:12:05(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Looking forward to it! Can already tell it's gonna be a great release. I'll try and catch a few dates of the tour, too.

- Jakey Comatose
-
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 28 September 2009 08:27:01(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"It was an honor to record a song with you guys, hopefully Pilot fans will like it since I doubt Pilot fans have ever heard of me. Anyways I got a listen to some of the other tracks off the record and I can say these dudes have made another classic album."

--.` Ashley Perry
UserPostedImage
Offline gumba  
#4 Posted: : 02 October 2009 20:13:23(UTC)
gumba

Pilot have just about finalised their 'Remember The Future' Tour plans, pending approval on four dates. The provisional schedule is listed below, * denotes a date pending location approval.

Friday October 16 Las Vegas (We Love Music Stadium)*Album Launch

Canada
Sunday October 18 Vancouver (BC Place Stadium)
Tuesday October 20 Ottawa (Frank Clair Stadium)
Wednesday October 21 Montreal (Olympic Stadium)
Friday October 23 Toronto (Rogers Centre)

South America
Sunday October 25 Mexico City (Wireless Lounge) - Acoustic Set*
Monday October 26 Mexico City (Olimpico Universitario)
Wednesday October 27 Buenos Aires (Estadio José Amalfitani)
Thursday October 29 Santiago (Estadio Nacional de Chile)
Saturday October 31 Rio de Janeiro (Hipódromo da Gávea)

Australia & NZ
Tuesday November 3 Auckland (Eden Park)
Wednesday November 4 Melbourne (Etihad Stadium)
Thursday November 5 Sydney (ANZ Stadium)
Saturday November 7 Brisbane (Suncorp Stadium)
Monday November 9 Adelaide (AAMI Stadium)
Wednesday November 11 Perth (Subiaco Oval)

Asia
Friday November 13 Tokyo (Ajinamoto Stadium)
Saturday November 14 Shanghai (Shanghai Stadium)
Monday November 16 Seoul (Olympic Stadium)

Europe
Thursday November 19 Berlin (Olympiastadion)
Saturday November 21 Stockholm (Stockholms Stadion)
Sunday November 22 Athens (Olympic Stadium)
Wednesday November 25 Rome(Stadio Olimpico)
Friday November 27 Madrid (Vicente Calderon)
Sunday December 29 Paris (Stade de France)
Tuesday December 1 Amsterdam (Amsterdam Arena)

UK & Ireland
Friday December 4 Glasgow (Celtic Park)
Sunday December 6 Leeds (Elland Road)
Monday December 7 Manchester (City of Manchester Stadium)
Wednesday December 9 Birmingham (St Andrews Stadium)
Friday December 11-Sunday December 13 – Snowstorm Festival
Tuesday December 15 London (Spice Stadium)*
Wednesday December 16 London (Spice Stadium)*
Friday December 18-Sunday December 20 – MMVI
Monday December 21 Cardiff (Millenium Stadium)
Wednesday December 23 Dublin (Lansdowne Road)

USA
Sunday December 27 New York (Aqueduct Race Track)
Monday December 28 New York (Aqueduct Race Track)
Tuesday December 29 Boston (Alumni Stadium)
Saturday January 2 Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)
Monday January 4 Miami (Dolphin Stadium)
Wednesday January 6 Dallas (Cotton Bowl)
Friday January 8 San Francisco (AT&T Park)
Saturday January 9 Seattle Qwest Field
Monday January 11 Los Angeles (LA Memorial Coliseum)
Wednesday January 13 Phoenix (US Airways Center)

The provisional tracklist for the album has changed too, here's the new one

1. Bag Of Bones
2. Cash(ed) Up Cow
3. Space Cadet
4. All For You
5. If You Remember
6. Cirque
7. Accelerate
8. Lovers & Cigarettes (featuring Ashley Perry)
9. History
10. The Kennedy Assassination

You might have noticed that 'Sleight Of Hand' has been bumped off the tracklisting. It's a quality song though so we'll probably release it as a bonus track on special versions of the album, or maybe as a b-side, so you'll get a listen. Cirque, the song we added in, is one we've come up with while we've been on tour, and it's a fucking cracker. Just wait, you'll see.

Peace and love

- Clint Walkingshaw

Edited by user 04 October 2009 04:20:24(UTC)  | Reason: Buggered up a song title

Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline gumba  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2009 04:25:54(UTC)
gumba

We just wanted to create a bit of buzz around the upcoming stadium tour. In the past we've played a lot of stadiums, but we've not really put on a proper stadium rock show. It's just been us buggering about on stage with big screens so the people up the back can see what's going on. This time round we're putting a lot of planning into the whole show and creating a spectacle. We feel that's an aspect of our live show we need to work on to take that next step. Who wants to be comfortable? Keep pushing the envelope. The planning of the stadium shows is still an ongoing process, suffice to say the creative juices are flowing and the word 'no' is not one that is conducive to creativity.

Onwards and upwards.

Peace and much love

- Clint Walkingshaw

Offline Paradox  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2009 06:48:06(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Looking forward to this tour, and to your presentation on our lounge.
-Wireless Lounge Staff

OOC: Nice to see some one uses the almighty Olimpico Universitario
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline gumba  
#7 Posted : 05 October 2009 15:38:13(UTC)
gumba

Support act for the tour announced:

We've only gone and managed to lock in one Jakey Comatose as the support act for the entire tour.

We are indeed priviliged and very much looking forward to touring the world with this wild young ruffian.

I'm excited, I can feel it in my bits

- Stephen Holland (Pilot)

Offline old.gregg  
#8 Posted : 06 October 2009 01:59:56(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Haha, I'm really looking forward to this tour. Pilot are my idols so touring with them will be an amazing experience.

Thanks for having me!
- Jakey
-
Offline gumba  
#9 Posted : 07 October 2009 22:55:24(UTC)
gumba

Pilot have released Space Cadet as the first single off the upcoming album.

UserPostedImage

Tracklist

1. Space Cadet 3:17 [Edmondson]

2. Tiny Tim 4:45 [Edmondson & Walkingshaw]

3. Ares (Bloc Party Cover) 4:50

More details on Space Cadet to come when we undress the whole album.

Offline Lepelbos  
#10 Posted : 08 October 2009 00:18:15(UTC)
Lepelbos

This new album looks good. I already read some reviews at some blogs. Looking forward to listen to it.
Jack Lepelbos
Boslepel Records
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline gumba  
#11 Posted : 15 October 2009 03:14:22(UTC)
gumba

Today we're releasing Cirque as the second single off upcoming album, 'Remember The Future.'

Thought we'd wet (or whet, I don't know) your whistle and give you some info about the album, due to be released at the end of this week (can you smell it).

First off the tracklisting and artwork for the single

UserPostedImage

1. Cirque 3:57 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
2. Every You, Every Me (Placebo Cover) 3:22
3. The Great Escape (The Rifles Cover) 3:34

Now some track by track info on the album

1. Bag Of Bones 4:50 [Walkingshaw & Holland]
This is a belter. There's no fucking around, it just gets straight into a groove and bang, strap yourselves in, here comes the album, you know? While we were trying to figure out the tracklisting for the album I heard My Friend John by The Fratellis and like the way it starts the album off just like bang. I figured we had to make this the opener for the same reason. Don't know what my lyrics are about, it's stream of consciousness stuff but it conjurs up imagery of a girl taking to many drugs, for me anyway. Maybe I wrote this for Nick about his ex-wife Heather?

2. Cash(ed Up) Cow 2:41 [Edmondson & Holland]
Nick says this is like the sequel to Sally Thirtysomething from our debut album. Like, Sally's now in her late 40s and living off her husbands money and acting like a bitch...Possibly influenced again by his break-up I guess. We've played it live a bit and it gets a decent reaction, probably won;t be a single though. Good fun though, Nick back to his quirky best.

3. Space Cadet 3:17 [Edmondson]
Obviously we've already released this as the first single. It's the only one we kept and worked on that anyoff us had written during our hiatus. Nick said he wrote it with this idea of an album about some epic space adventure but never came up with any other songs. If you've not heard it already, it's just a pure Pilot single. Good clean fun, catchy hooks and Nick's bonkers lyrics.

4. All For You 3:12 [Edmondson & Walkingshaw]
This is Nick's song, he wrote it just after meeting his new love interest (though their relationship is 'complicated' at the moment). He got me to help with it a bit coz he's not used to writing a serious love song. It's really beautiful and heartfelt, and I get a kick from seeing Nick so happy again too. It's just got this simple, repeating set of chords, the simplicity of which really lets Nick's vocal be highlighted and he does a smashing job of it. Could very well be a single, we might not play it live too much though, maybe just at our acoustic show.

5. If You Remember 5:12 [Walkingshaw]
I like to describe this song as like 'if Sergio Pizzorno (from Kasabian) wrote a song for Bloc Party on acid. Mainly coz they weer my three influences for the song. I dropped some acid, listened to some Kasabian (West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum) and some Bloc Party (A Weekend In The City) and then wrote this. It's got a kind of really adolescent sounding guitar part (which is fun to play when you're as old as me) but really mature lyrics which sort of balance out nicely in a weird way. Another likely single and it's been awesome to play live on our reunion tour.

6. Cirque 3:57 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
Nick was singing this 'doo da doo' type chorus one day in the studio. We were asking him what it was and he's like, I dunno, I think I made it up. It was really catchy so we spent the rest of the day turning it into a song and recorded it that night. He was humming it at about 11am, 12 hours later it was a full song, recorded and ready to go. Obviously we've just released it as a single. We've been holding off on playing it on the tour, partly coz we didn't have time to rehearse it before the tour started, also we wanted to save it. It's just super catchy, but unlike anything we've done before. Great for drunken singalongs.

7. Accelerate 2:35 [Walkingshaw]
The toughest song on guitar on the album. As the title suggests, it's a fast-paced bastard of a song that's a cracker to play live. It's two and a half minutes of just no let up, quick guitar playing, quick drumming, intense vocals. Verse, verse, vhorus, outro, see you later. Won't be a single but it'll get a workout on the tour.

8. Lovers & Cigarettes (feat. Ashley Perry) 4:46 [Walkingshaw]
A nice little rest after Accelerate. This is a song unlike any other we've written. It's a bit arty sounding and conjurs up images of old black and white romance movies (for me anyway). It was great to get Ashley in to do guest vocals, she uses this sultry, alluring, classy voice that's just perfect. This song is my attempt to make my own Set The Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Patrol, and I think I got damn close.

9. History 4:01 [Holland]
Stephen's got a way of chipping in one really beautiful song each album. Amy off Six Inches Under Denver is probably the best example, this is probably the second. It's a love song, looking back over all his time with his wife, Laurie. I think over the break he had a lot of time to take stock you know and it al went into this song and it's like, wow.

10. The Kennedy Assassination 7:36 [Holland & Catalano]
Stephen started writing this way back during the sessions for The Leed Balloon (about ten years ago). He could never get it quite right. Murray started working with him on it during the Come Upon New Times sessions and they still couldn't quite get it. Suddenly one afternoon they rushed up to the rest of us and were like, we've fucking got it. It's a largely instrumental song, just a few vocals but not much considering the length of the song. It's a psychedelic fucking journey of a song and we thought it a nice way to round out an album that we feel has expanded into some new territories for the band.

Finally, here's an interview with Nick about his divorce that he did with Channel V in Australia.

Okay Nick, everyone wants to hear your side of the story with the divorce mate, what happened?
Well after 15 years of marriage and being together for 5 years before that, Heather tells me she wants a divorce. I'm heartbroken and desperate to know why and finally she tells me she's met someone else and feels like they're soulmates. She says she still loves me but her love for this other guy goes deeper. When I eventually met the guy turns out he's only in his mid twenties. He's a drug addict with no fucking job. This real, no hoper, loser of a guy.

So how'd the divorce go?
Oh fantastically, you know. She got just less than half my money and assets. Which is a fucking joke. I don't think she should have got nothing or anything but we didn't have kids, she didn't have to do any fucking work at all, everything was taken care of for her. Now she's tens of millions of dollars. So the two of them don't have to worry about working their whole fucking lives, they're living on my money and just doing truckloads of drugs and fucking each other, I'll pick up the tab.

You seem angry, how has that influenced your songwriting for this record?
I wrote a lot of very angry songs and they were all terrible. I'm largely over it now,or as much as I probably every will be. Certainly it's gonna influence my songwriting coz it was a major event, but it'll be hard to notice unless you really look for it. Any songs I write which are clearly just me being angry at Heather will get thrown out.

Offline bdylan88  
#12 Posted : 15 October 2009 03:28:36(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This will truly be a great album! Pilot is one of my favorite bands.

Marc Rolan
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline gumba  
#13 Posted : 15 October 2009 03:31:29(UTC)
gumba

One of? Fuck you!

- Stephen Holland

Only joking, thanks buddy

- Also Stephen Holland

Offline gumba  
#14 Posted : 16 October 2009 20:25:39(UTC)
gumba

Remember The Future has been released. Available online here and at all worthwhile outlets.

Offline gumba  
#15 Posted : 22 October 2009 22:20:05(UTC)
gumba

(ooc: sorry its taken me this long to do a rp on the tour, its been a busy week)

Pilot promised to upgrade their stadium show and from the set alone they had delivered. Instead of the basic flat, rectangular stage they had gone with on every other tour, this time they had a stage with three runways and a raised level at the back so Stephen could be better seen. The giant screen above the stage dispayed a spinning hourglass as the crowd waited for the band to come onstage.

The band walked out to a shortened version of instrumental Come Upon New Times, in homeage to Oasis and their track Fucking In the Bushes. Without a word they kick into Bag Of Bones, the opener off their new album, designed to get the crowd going right from the outset. At the end of this song Nick got in a quick, "Hello Montreal" before the band kicked right into Sally Thirtysomething. To conclude this Nick led the crowd in a singalong, repeating the chorus in a mass acapella, with hands clapping. "Sally's on the town / but Sally's thirtysomething / with a kid who needs her round / but Sally's taken something / I guess he'll see her round / coz Sally's thirtysomething and she's better off alone / better off alone".

This was followed by Cash(ed Up) Cow, which the band have referred to as a sequel to Sally Thirtysomething. Nick was relishing the opportunity to have more of a stage to run around, exploring the runways and getting amongst the fans.
For Accelerate both Clint decided to climb up on top of something so the crowd could get a better view of the difficult guitar work the song requires. Clint was up on top of a stack of amps while Murray was atop Stephen's bass drum. Nick decided to illustrate the lyric "Accelerate" in the title by sprinting from one runway to another every time he sang it.

If You Want It was kicked off with a five-minute, improvised, jazzy-sounding jam with Nick repeating the line, "If you want it" in his best bluesy voice. At the end of the song Nick admitted to the crowd, "We wanted to be The Mars Volta again".

The "doo doo da doo" chorus to Cirque probved a drunken favourite singalong for the crowd in the bars, much like The Fratellis' Chelsea Dagger. and so, as a homeage to The Fratellis, Nick blended the final chorus of Cirque with the Chelsea Dagger chorus and the band played a short version.

Virtual Fantastic was accompanied by a laser show with dancing shapes of green and red painted in the sky.

Brothers & Sisters closed out the main set, as per usual. Clint dedicated the song to "all of us here tonight coz we're all beautiful."

Song To Fall In Love To opened the encore set. Giant red, heart-shaped balloons were launched into the crowd from high above the stage. As the crowd passed them around they exploded to release several slightly smaller balloons and so on until many tiny, multi-coloured, heart shaped balloons gently fell to the ground by the end of the song. Nick told the crowd at the end of the song, "that's a beautiful song. I'm looking to fall in love again." Space Cadet then kicked of, a fun, bouncy song in stark contrast to the attitude brought on by Nick's admission of loneliness.

Lightyears concluded the set, accompanied by another laser show, this one with several different coloured streams of light seemingly chasing each other through the sky. Nick concluded the show by telling the crowd, "Thankyou so much Montreal, we love you, have a great night."

Setlist

Come Upon New Times
Bag Of Bones
Sally Thirtysomething
Cash(ed Up) Cow
If You Remember
Neon
Part-Time Assassin
Can't Sit Still
Satellite
Accelerate
If You Want It
Dream Police
Cirque / Chelsea Dagger (The Fratellis Cover)
Caffeine Will Kill You
The Queen Of France
Amy
You, Sugar, Are Dynamite
Virtual Fantastic
Brothers & Sisters

Song To Fall In Love To
Space Cadet
Lightyears

Offline gumba  
#16 Posted : 30 October 2009 00:28:59(UTC)
gumba

Thought we'd share our thoughts on our acoustic set in Mexico City from Sunday night. It was a really nice changeup to play some songs acoustic, get a different feel for songs we play all the time and also to play some songs we don't really play live anymore. The Wireless Lounge is an amazing venue, get acoustics, great atmosphere.

We went sans orchestra. No frills, we just wanted it to be me and Murray on acoustic guitars, Nick singing and Popa banging the drums (gently). Andrew took the night off. He was side stage, watching. Must have been a bit weird for him but what you gonna do?

We opened off with All For You because it's the song off the album that sounds best acoustic. Blues For My Sweetheart was an obvious choice because it's a lovely acoustic song from The Leed Balloon we hardly ever played live. Everywhere was one we thought would work well that we haven't really played since The Six Inches Tour. Can't Sit Still was great to play to revert back to the chords I wrote on my acoustic guitar in my room when I was about 16 that started this whole band happening. History is another one that one on the current album that works really well as an acoustic song coz it almost is one on the record anyway. Wasted is one we still play a bit but we thought we'd breathe some new life into it as an acoustic. I think it was a surprise for a number of fans, hopefully a pleasant one though. Watch TV Together is a touching, simple song from Come Upon New Times that I don't know that we'd ever played it live before, so it was nice to have a go at that one. Then we finished off with some of our bigger songs. Also Sleight Of Hand we threw in there. It didn't make the album but it works really nicely as an acoustic and it's a reallynice song. It would have been a shame never to play it live.

Other than some friendly banter between songs not much really went down. It was just a great experience and hopefully we can play some more like that in the years to come.

Peace

- Clint Walkingshaw

Setlist

All For You
Blues For My Sweetheart
Everywhere
Cant Sit Still
History
Wasted
Watch TV Together
Amy
Sleight Of Hand
Dream Police
Emma + Raphael
Brothers & Sisters

Cirque
Part-Time Assassin
Song To Fall In Love To

Edited by user 30 October 2009 00:30:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline gumba  
#17 Posted : 01 November 2009 20:03:04(UTC)
gumba

We here at Pilot are delighted to announce that Quarantine will be joining us for the rest of the tour, from Tuesday night's Auckland show to the end of the tour. We have a deep love and respect for Quarantine's music and the band in general after touring with them in the past. We can't believe we managed to secure Jakey Comatose and Quarantine as support acts without the slightest hint of begging. We are truly blessed.

In other news the South American leg of the tour is completed and tonight we fly to Auckland to commence the Australia and NZ leg, which is obviously an important one for us as it is our home region. Jakey's been sounding tight and the addition of Quarantine is just gonna drive us to get better and better.

Until next time, lots of love

Clint Walkingshaw

Offline old.gregg  
#18 Posted : 02 November 2009 05:24:38(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Hey guys, just Jakey checking in to let you know how the tour is going for me!

First off, Pilot are just amazing, I'm feeling really privileged to be here doing what I'm doing. I'm excited for Quarantine joining too, cause you all know how much I love those dudes! I'm trying my best to get the crowd warmed up for Pilot, and it seems to be going pretty well. I can't even remember doing this many shows in a row, it's exhausting but rewarding too. I'm loving it!

Here's my set list that I've been playing for the past few nights:

Intro: The Comatose
The Deepest Breath
Epilogue: My Purpose
Friend of A Friend
An Army of Cuts and Bruises
It's Not Raining Anymore
Wishful Thinking
Friday I'm In Love [The Cure cover]

I'll rethink some of the set over the next few shows, to try and keep it fresh!

See you all soon!
Jakey Comatose
-
Offline gumba  
#19 Posted : 02 November 2009 19:47:14(UTC)
gumba

Can't keep up with the oldies Jakey? Ya moist towelette. We've been doing this for just shy of 20 years so its kind of natural to us. And you're doing a great job of warming the crowd up mate, your shit's sounding tight and the crowd look like they're already sweated up nicely by the time we walk on stage. Just keep cracking along mate, enjoy every second.

- Stephen Holland

Offline old.gregg  
#20 Posted : 02 November 2009 20:23:33(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

gumba wrote:
Can't keep up with the oldies Jakey? Ya moist towelette. We've been doing this for just shy of 20 years so its kind of natural to us. And you're doing a great job of warming the crowd up mate, your shit's sounding tight and the crowd look like they're already sweated up nicely by the time we walk on stage. Just keep cracking along mate, enjoy every second.

- Stephen Holland

Ahaha, yeah, I'm not a veteran yet. Moist towelette is me :(

Really enjoying your performances every night, after 20 years, you've really got it all figured out!

- Jakey
-