logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline old.gregg  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2009 07:28:00(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Jakey Comatose announced on his blog that tonight he will be releasing the dates of his 6 date UK tour, from the end of October to early November. The venues are expected to be quite large capacity. He is looking for support acts, so anyone who wishes to support should get in contact right away.

OOC: I'll put up the dates later, but PM if you want to support.

Edited by user 04 November 2009 09:42:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline old.gregg  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2009 21:11:53(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

The tour has now been shifted to mid October. The first support band announced is Failed Youth (provided they can still make the new dates, of course). I can't wait to play with them, they really rip the stage up, it'll be awesome! Second support announced very soon!

The tour poster:
UserPostedImage

- Jakey x

Edited by user 05 October 2009 01:18:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2009 08:25:23(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Second support band will be my bros in Quarantine! Really excited about the tour. Tickets are on sale tomorrow! Make sure you let me know if you're coming to any of the dates so I can hook you up with a backstage pass.

The layout for the tour is:

Doors - 7:00PM
Failed Youth - 7:15 - 8:00PM
Quarantine - 8:15 - 9:10PM
Jakey Comatose - 9:30 - 10:45PM

And here's the updated tour poster:
UserPostedImage

- Jakey x
-
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2009 08:37:12(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Can't wait for this, should be good fun! Especially with Quarantine, they're a brilliant band. But yes, expect some pretty mental crowds after we've played!

Billy
Offline old.gregg  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2009 08:49:24(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Aj wrote:
Can't wait for this, should be good fun! Especially with Quarantine, they're a brilliant band. But yes, expect some pretty mental crowds after we've played!

Billy

Yeah man, if something isn't on fire by the end of your first set, I'll be disappointed!

- Jakey
-
Offline old.gregg  
#6 Posted : 07 October 2009 07:46:03(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Glasgow, Cardiff and Oxford all sold out today! Thank you to everyone who bought their tickets. Wembley has about 15% of the tickets left, Manchester has as little as 5% and Birmingham has about 10% left so if you wanna go, get buying!

Much love,
Jakey x
-
Offline old.gregg  
#7 Posted : 09 October 2009 08:46:38(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Wembley sold out at the last minute, and was an amazing gig. The other bands light it up tonight, I'm so excited for the rest of the tour.

Here's my set!

Intro: The Comatose
The Sound of Machines
The Second Hand
The Glass and the Streetlights
The Deepest Breath
Epilogue: The Purpose

We then showed a short clip projected on a white curtain in front of the stage, it was quite cool, kind of art rock - just me playing a piano in the middle of the desert.. Can't imagine where the inspiration for that came from. Behind the curtain, we rearranged some stuff to prepare for the second half of the set.

Hot Knives [Bright Eyes Cover]
Friend of a Friend
Common Cold for Common Blood
Spread by Word of Mouth
Erosion
An Army of Cuts and Bruises

The backing band and I then left the stage, and the curtain fell once more. Everything got dragged off the stage except the microphone. On the curtain, a countdown was played y'know like an old school movies. When it reached zero, it fell to the floor and I came back on. I then played one last song, alone.

Wishful Thinking

All I can say is a huuuuuge thankyou to the support acts, you made tonight what it was, one of the best nights of my life and of course I owe it to the fans who came and literally packed the arena full.

much love from on tour,
Jakey x
-
Offline Regan  
#8 Posted : 13 October 2009 08:03:48(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Tour has been good so far. We played at Manchester last night and it was just amazing. We ended the set with a new song titled 'Airbag Light'. Very experimental but at the same time fast, and in-your-face. Also if you weren't there on the 10th we played the whole Salvation Trilogy then two other songs. If you happen to be missing the shows well here is our setlist:

October 9th:
First Rule Of Fight Club
Who Watches The Watchmen?
Red Skies
Sleep-Apnea*
Exe(c)ute
Cannibalism
The Republic
Crawling From The Surface
Boiler Room

October 10th:
Crawling From The Surface
Neverever Land
Down By The River
Cannibalism
The Flood
Mankinds Last Hope
Exe(c)ute
Hostile
Red Skies
DNA/RNA
The Reaper*

October 11th:
An Ocean Of Demons**
First Rule Of Fight Club
The Navy Song***
The Reaper*
DNA/RNA
Surburbs*
Neverever Land
Airbag Light*

*=New songs from upcoming album
**=B-Side from the Salvation sessions
***=Billy Talent Cover

Be sure to come out for the remaining dates. Tour has been awesome! Jakey is sooooooooo talented.

Love,
Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline old.gregg  
#9 Posted : 13 October 2009 09:20:08(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Thank you Regan for his awesome comments. This tour is going by waaay too quickly, but I'm off on tour with Pilot after this so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, eh? Haha.

Failed Youth - you wouldn't believe their live shows. Mental! At some points I feel sorry for the front row because they are taking such a battering, but at the end of the day they totally love it! Really impressed with this band, they have a very bright future ahead of them.

Quarantine - we all know how good this band are live, and on this tour they've really pushed the limits. So glad I've got Regan on board, he's a real musical legend and I'm always excited to work with him.

Don't miss any of the bands! There's a really cool vibe going on on this tour and I've definitely made some great friends.

Here's my setlist from last night:

The Sound of Machines
The Incident
The Deepest Breath
-
Tonight, Tonight [Smashing Pumpkins cover]
Spread by Word of Mouth
Friend of a Friend
Not Raining Anymore [New Song]
-
Wishful Thinking

Love you all,
Jakey x
-
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 14 October 2009 06:37:32(UTC)
Aj

Man

Tours been going AMAZING. I love Jakey and his music and the guys in Quarantine are awesome. We were a little nervous coming on the tour but now we've completely settled down and have really gotten into the swing of things. Everything's going really smoothly and the roadies are some of the best I've ever met. In fact they deserve a round of applause cos no one ever thinks of them but they're the ones that get everything set up and everything ready and they are the heart of the tour. None of this would be possible without them, they're amazing.

So yes, here's OUR setlist from last night, if you weren't there or haven't seen it on youtube yet then shame on you. You can see a couple of songs (the ones highlighted) on our Youtube page.

Setlist

God Bless The Doorman
Pretty Little Things
Needle Fuck
Under Control
Corporation Terrorism
Bound By My Mercy
Blood On The Floor
I've Become Impossible
We've Failed You
Revolution

So yes, check out the videos and also we're going to be posting on our sexy blog site soon about the tour and maybe some pictures? But yes, we'll definately post some shizzle on that and whatever.

Peace, x

- Leo
Offline old.gregg  
#11 Posted : 14 October 2009 08:58:07(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Ahh yes - pictures. Or rather, a lack of them. Here's one of me, taken about an hour ago. Sweaty fucker!
UserPostedImage

Birmingham NIA - after fAthOm I never thought I'd get a chance to headline that stage again, but what a night. Everyone was on form again! Here's my setlist:

The Sound of Machines
The Sun Through Clouds [B-Side]
The Deepest Breath
-
Boys Don't Cry [The Cure cover]
Friend of a Friend
It's Not Raining Anymore [New song]
Time Enough [New song]
A Pulse
-
Wishful Thinking

As you guys may have noticed, I've tried out a couple of new track the past few nights. They're sounding pretty cool. Time Enough sounds like a mid-ninties Smashing Pumpkins song, and It's Not Raining Anymore is very 'grunge' sounding. More good stuff's on the way, I promise.

2 more shows left. Jakey sadddd.

Love
Jakey x
-
Offline Regan  
#12 Posted : 14 October 2009 14:12:50(UTC)
Regan

Man

Wow! Tonight had to be one of our best performances EVER! Everyone was jumping up and down. We didn't play anything off of the Salvation trilogy but we did play a cover song, couple of new songs and some old ones from the first cd. Seriously, everyone was moving! Here is the setlist:

Setlist:
The Reaper*
DNA/RNA
Boiler Room
Airbag Light*
Sleep-Apnea*
Insight**
First Rule Of Fight Club
The Republic

*=New songs
**=Depeche Mode cover

Also like to note that the album has been officially written. We should be back in the studio on October 22nd to record it. It'll take a while since these are only demos we have been playing live. So we might go back and make changes to half of these songs that we have been playing on this tour other than that this album should be ount if not November then defintely December. I didn't know it would move as fast as it has been. Thanks!

Love,
Regan.
thecerebral_collection:
Offline old.gregg  
#13 Posted : 15 October 2009 09:12:17(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Hmm, so a few technical difficulties tonight in that my effects rig just would not work. The techs were busy working on it, so I decided I'd flip my set around and start with the acoustics and then move onto the electrics later. Thankfully they got it up and running just in time - it was frantic though, and I haven't felt nervous like that for ages. Everything goes wrong, y'know, and you just gotta make the best of it! I ended up doing a longer set tonight - hopefully the other guys don't think that it was a Jakey Comatose ego trip!

Here's my setlist:

Friend of a Friend
Untitled New Song
Lime Tree [Bright Eyes cover]
Spread By Word of Mouth
What Was Done Here Today...
Wishful Thinking

At about this point I got word that the difficulties were resolved. I breathed a huuuge sigh of relief and told the crowd I'd be back in 5 minutes. A curtain fell and we played an old school movie clip.

The Sound of Machines
The Echoes
The Deepest Breath
Epilogue: My Purpose

I tried to end it with a bang with My Purpose, as it's the finishing track of my first album. As I got offstage the roadies all pointed out that everyone online had been talking about the shows, and thus the crowd were expecting an encore. I totally froze, and THIS was when I started to feel nervous! Luckily I could bounce an idea of Regan, who suggested I just play a new track and see how it goes down - thanks man! I went back on stage again and played It's Not Raining Anymore, and the crowd seemed to enjoy it, but I don't know, it didn't end up the concert as nicely as I like to. So I played what I knew best - a version of Honey, Your Halo's Not On Straight by fAthOm. A few of the people in the crowd were a little pissed I think, but it was a song for the front row kids, and they loved it.

I like to think that I got away with tonight. Back to normal tomorrow night, I hope, as it's the last night of the tour. Already. Shit.

Love
Confused and Tired Jakey
-
Offline Regan  
#14 Posted : 15 October 2009 14:38:29(UTC)
Regan

Man

This tour has just been amazing. We didn't expect the crowd to like our change in musical direction but they are just eating it up these past nights! We all want to challenge ourselves on this record and make something very awesome. We all just didn't want to record the same shit we recorded on our first album and on the trilogy e.p.s but anyway here is our setlist. Another awesome show but for Jake he had a little bit of difficulties but what do you know? He pulled it off as everyone should know. I mean come on? He's Jake Comatose!

Setlist:
The Republic
Boiler Room
Red Skies
The Reaper*
Alpha/Omega*
Hostile
Deathblow**
DNA/RNA
Living In Colour*
First Rule Of Fight Club

*=New songs
**=Originally done by Casting Thin Shadows
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#15 Posted : 17 October 2009 08:59:50(UTC)
Regan

Man

Last night was the last night on tour. It was amazing! Jake closed out the show great as usual. Played a new song tonight. Fans seemed to react to it pretty well. Did not expect that!

Setlist:
DNA/RNA
Hostile
Enfilade*
The Reaper*
First Rule Of Fight Club
Surburbs*
Red Skies

Love,
Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline old.gregg  
#16 Posted : 18 October 2009 09:50:17(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

OK, so the tour is over, which sucks because it was awesome!

Oxford went well, no technical problems whatsoever which is always nice.

Here's my set:

The Sound of Machines
The Deepest Breath
The Incident
-
Comfortably Numb [Pink Floyd cover]
Spread by Word of Mouth
Friend of A Friend
Not Raining Anymore
-
Wishful Thinking

UserPostedImage
A slightly blurry photo taken by someone in the front row last night

Everything went to plan for the last night of the tour! The crowd were wicked, so I once again thank everyone who came!

As for the other bands - from the bottom of my heart thanks for helping make what was one of the best weeks of my life possible! I owe you all big time!

In other news, I'm on my way now to meet with Pilot. I'm more than a little bit excited. I'll be posting up here, so keep on watching this space.

Love Jakey x
-
Offline Aj  
#17 Posted : 18 October 2009 18:19:27(UTC)
Aj

Man

Wow, last night of the tour was by far the best for us. We played our asses off and everyone was screaming and jumping up and down and going completely mental which is always a good sign. We played a killer set and we hope that did good for ol' Jakey!

They Told Us To Come In Numbers
Blood On The Floor
Corporation Terrorism
God Bless The Doorman
Unhinged*
(new track)
Illusion
Hippy Celebrations
NeedleFuck
Kill Kill Kill