logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 10 October 2009 05:32:34(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage

As you may know "Love Feels Like Grenades feat. GirlSpice" is being released October 23rd!
And not many Pop Critics have not gotten a listen yet but Spice Magazine did with an advanced listen to the track a month before the song came out and their review has come in.

Spice Magazine Review

"Stephanie Fierce - "Love feels Like Grenades feat. GirlSpice" (Single)
I like this song because it’s different. The first time I listened to it, I found the lyrics a little dark, and a little weird but the sound effects throughout were so interesting, and different. I love how Stephanie used her heartbeat to add to the track and how it mixes so well with the drums and the single sounds so dynamic. Every time I listen to this I pick up on something a little different that I hadn’t noticed before and it is actually very catchy! I love the electronic sound and I think Stephanie has found her place in the industry.The more I listen to it, I also begin to realise just how clever the lyrics really are, which is often so rare with pop music, sorry to say it!!
This song has the potential to be something special and, I’m sure, with Stephanie Fierce’s fan base combining with GirlSpice’s, it will be a hit for sure!"

Hot Topic Magazine Review

“Love Feels Like Grenades” is a what we like to call a sloppy way to sound brilliant. The songs structure is not different from hardly any pop song she has put out but it does have its rare moments and the beat is very catchy. Stephanie Fierce’s vocals are not the best but she is improving if you compare her vocals to “Toy Soldier” which has a similar song structure to this one. The song’s lyrics range from mediocre to “ok”. Whether the song does or does not promote “cutting your veins” or “suicide” because of love, I’m pretty sure there is more to these lyrics (which can be a good thing). One thing that is ironic in the radio version of the song is that all the GirlSpice girls take their turns to say goodbye at the end as relevant to them ending their group (though we find that moaning the words “goodbye” sounds kind of raunchy). But I guess that’s what you can expect from a Stephanie Fierce song. It is strong enough to be a classic but of course the public must decide that.

Delta Tau Entertainment (Dame Katie Kairiri)

Stephanie Fierce ft. GirlSpice in "Love Feels Like Grenades" shows that love is a game of two halves - the masculine and the feminine, the violent and the harmonious, the hiding and the fighting. This is an epic step up from Ms. Fierce, the words to the song are excellent, and we look forward to hearing more.

Smash Magazine

"Although Miss Fierce has certainly written some interesting songs in the past, this one is a huge step in what I think is the right direction for her. It’s more adult and really shows a different side to her. Who said pop artists couldn’t write good music? However, this song feels more like Mike Tyson than a Grenade. It hits you with a bang and leaves you with a sore nose. A very sore nose, admittedly. But it doesn’t blow up in front of you. It doesn’t leave you sprayed across a wall in pieces, which in a way is a shame.The song feels almost like it’s trying to blow up, it’s trying to leave you in pieces with your grey matter covering the nearest wall, but it never really does it. Instead it feels like you’re behind a concrete wall hiding from it. Despite this though, I do like the new direction that Stephanie’s taking. I like the adult lyrics, but I want more. I want more adult lyrics, I want bigger drum beats. I want this song but it’s got to be bigger. It’s like almost like a veggie burger. It looks like meat, it feels like meat, but it’s not meat. Still, this song’s lyrics are solid, Girlspice are fantastic on it as usual, and it really does set up the stage for her to turn this new side of her into something great. It will be a huge hit on the radio and will most likely be number one, but I’ll never be fully satisfied by it until I get a track where she really goes for it. It’s almost like she’s been restrained by the pop world, like some sort of skeletal claw dragging her back down into more of the old stuff. But then she’s tickling it with a feather to get rid of it.Stamp on it, Steph! Hit it with a sledgehammer until it’s broken into a million pieces. Then, we’ll have something that really is worth listening to. This doesn’t fall at the last hurdle, because it never really gets over the first."

Stephanie Fierce: Hey was up I'm Stephanie Fierce and make sure to turn up your radios because you are about to hear the sound of fierce music!

Stephanie Fierce- Love Feels Like Grenades feat. GirlSpice

There is a way, to maintain a healthy heart
There is a way, to prevent a heated war to start
But damn it, there’s Cupid
He is hiding, (he’s so stupid )
Setting ammunition , (On a mission)
To make us fall in love (love)
There is something in his hands
Cupid thinks I don't know that
he’s a bad man,
with the heart of Venada city*
I'm a sinner,
just a sinner with a heart of the pity
(Not ready to battle cuz)

Love Feels like Grenades
it blows in the air, the smoke chokes you up until you're dead.
(Love feels like Grenades)
Little heart shaped grenades can blow you to shreds.
You just won’t believe it, oh no
(Love Feels like Grenades)
So explosive you just won’t believe it, oh no
There’s must be a way
to turn it off (x3)
gotta cut the right vein. *
(It’s worth to feel the pain)

cuz, Love Feels Like Grenades

There’s an arrow on my chest
Wasn’t ready for this yet
There’s no way for a healthy heart
Cuz there’s a war about to start
Am I ready?
Oh no (x3)

3..2..1 (here it goes)
Boom Boom (da da da da) x4
(Love Feels like Grenades)

I’m a suicide this love (is the only way)

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,

Boom Boom (da da da da) x2
Boom boom Boom (da da da da)
(Love Feels Like Grenades)

Imma suicide, suicide this love away (is the only way) *
suicide this love away
goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye (bomb blows up)

More Info about the song:
Genre: Pop, Latin-Pop and some Electronic Influences

The intro begins softly with a heart-beat (the heartbeat is Stephanie Fierce actual heart-beat), the heartbeat pace then increases until you hear grenade blow up. (the sound is actually caused by a special drum from Africa) During the verse, the beat of the drums is mixed in the heartbeat on some parts. The explosive sounds are more noticable when they are meant to be punned. There are many collisions in the song especially in the GirlSpice parts. The song has a bridge. On the radio version there is an Outro at the end where the GirlSpice girls say goodbye, and a bomb explodes and the ambulance is heard.

References (*):
*Las Vegas (aka, the city of sin) is located in Nevada City
*Vein = Wire of a bomb
*Suicide = May refer to breaking up and/or cheating on your lover
*Goodbye = May refer to SpiceGirls finishing their career and/or Stephanie Fierce killing herself and/or Love coming to an end.

OOC: Please comment on this, I worked hard on the lyrics and will like to know if my hard work payed off.

Edited by user 24 October 2009 09:53:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2009 05:36:58(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: Was great working with you on the track, lyrics are great and it's an amazing song. Sure to be a smash. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#3 Posted : 10 October 2009 06:40:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
Sophia: Was great working with you on the track, lyrics are great and it's an amazing song. Sure to be a smash. :)

Stephanie Fierce: Thanks Sophia, I don't even have to say it because you know I mean the same too :) Hope it is! Mainly and most importantly hope the fans love it.

OOC: BTW, if you think the lyrics are good or bad, tell me because I want to know. I can handle constructive criticism.
#4 Posted : 10 October 2009 08:47:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Single review by Hot Topic has been released! (OOC: look at first post)
Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2009 08:52:26(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Violent lyrics + hot girls = my kinda thing, in fact I may cover this, hardcore style. Good job, looking forward to more of your stuff if you keep it like this.

Billy//Failed Youth
#6 Posted : 10 October 2009 08:59:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
Violent lyrics + hot girls = my kinda thing, in fact I may cover this, hardcore style. Good job, looking forward to more of your stuff if you keep it like this.

Billy//Failed Youth

Stephanie Fierce: Lol, thank you so much. It would be amazing if you did, i'm always up fro remixes as well. And if you thought this was hardcore for a pop star you haven't seen nothing yet ;)
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 10 October 2009 09:59:33(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce ft. GirlSpice in "Love Feels Like Grenades" shows that love is a game of two halves - the masculine and the feminine, the violent and the harmonious, the hiding and the fighting. This is an epic step up from Ms. Fierce, the words to the song are excellent, and we look forward to hearing more.
-Dame Katie Kairiri [president // Delta Tau Entertainment]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#8 Posted : 10 October 2009 10:12:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
-Dame Katie Kairiri [president // Delta Tau Entertainment]

Stephanie Fierce: Wow! Thanks! I know i'm whoring out my thank you's but man I am just so stoked by the positive reviews I'm getting. I have to thank each and everyone of you.

edit: Lol, that sounded so cocky of me what I meant to say is stoked (As in excited), not stocked. Lol

Edited by user 10 October 2009 10:33:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 10 October 2009 10:44:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Why didn't anyone tell me, Emo-pop is a new genre?"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: Ha, sorry had to be an ass in-character since none of them rock out to straight up pop music :p . Anyways the lyrics are well written, a much seen improvement compared to earlier lyrics you've written. Also like the in-depth details you gave on the track.)
UserPostedImage
#10 Posted : 10 October 2009 10:50:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

PANIC! wrote:

(OOC: Ha, sorry had to be an ass in-character since none of them rock out to straight up pop music :p . Anyways the lyrics are well written, a much seen improvement compared to earlier lyrics you've written. Also like the in-depth details you gave on the track.)

Stephanie Fierce: Same old Ryan, the day you like my music the word has already ended. :P

OOC: Lol, it's okay, I actually expected harsher from your Ryan character. Thanks for your side note. I guess as my English gets better so does my lyrics.

Offline Lepelbos  
#11 Posted : 10 October 2009 10:53:06(UTC)
Lepelbos

OOC: I like the lyrics Steph. Nice one.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#12 Posted : 10 October 2009 10:57:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lepelbos wrote:
OOC: I like the lyrics Steph. Nice one.

OOC: Thanks, its weird cuz when I wrote these lyrics, I used the movie "Jarhead" for inspiration. And this came out, and this has nothing with the movie. Is weird how you could get inspired.
Offline PANIC!  
#13 Posted : 10 October 2009 11:07:56(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: Same old Ryan, the day you like my music the word has already ended. :P

OOC: Lol, it's okay, I actually expected harsher from your Ryan character. Thanks for your side note. I guess as my English gets better so does my lyrics.

"I don't hate it, I just dislike it. But it's cool that you are representing all the emo scene that listens to pop music? Which I'm guessing their has to be some out there. I liked one of your songs, granted it was when I use to take sleeping pills that I heard it but that still counts. Too bad you like PANIC!'s music :p . You might hate me, but Ashley is too lovable to make you hate PANIC!."

(OOC: I toned down Ryan's cockiness, his not an ass to everyone. :p
UserPostedImage
#14 Posted : 10 October 2009 11:33:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

PANIC! wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

"I don't hate it, I just dislike it. But it's cool that you are representing all the emo scene that listens to pop music? Which I'm guessing their has to be some out there. I liked one of your songs, granted it was when I use to take sleeping pills that I heard it but that still counts. Too bad you like PANIC!'s music :p . You might hate me, but Ashley is too lovable to make you hate PANIC!."

(OOC: I toned down Ryan's cockiness, his not an ass to everyone. :p

Stephanie Fierce: Yeah its kinda weird because the emo "community" is now thanking me like crazy, hope they realize its just this song that has a "emo flare" to it.
And yes I do love Panic's music and Ashely is a sweetheart. I don't hate you, I loathe you ;) ha, just joking. We just had an argument once, but that doesn't mean I hate you, I don't know you well enough to hate you.

OOC: Lol, its okay I know that.
#15 Posted : 19 October 2009 07:39:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

New review posted! The review was done by Smash Magazine.
#16 Posted : 24 October 2009 10:01:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

"Love Feels Like Grenades feat. GirlSpice" has already become an international success on its first week of release! Shifting over 211,000 copies it is clearly Stephanie Fierce biggest international hit! Stephanie Fierce broke a few of her ow records by charting in Canada's Top 10 for the very first time and South America's Top 40 for the first time as well. Stephanie Fierce would like to thank all of her fans!

Chart Positions-

UK- 18
USA- 6
Canada- 8
Aus & NZ- 17
South America- 40
Asia- 2
Europe- 11
World- 8

Edited by user 24 October 2009 10:02:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GirlSpice  
#17 Posted : 24 October 2009 10:03:16(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
"Love Feels Like Grenades feat. GirlSpice" has already become an international success on its first week of release! Shifting over 211,000 copies it is clearly Stephanie Fierce biggest international hit! Stephanie Fierce broke a few of her ow records by charting in Canada's Top 10 for the very first time and South America's Top 40 for the first time as well. Stephanie Fierce would like to thank all of her fans!

Chart Positions-

UK- 18
USA- 6
Canada- 8
Aus & NZ- 17
South America- 40
Asia- 2
Europe- 11
World- 8

May: I knew it would be a massive hit, congrats on the success! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#18 Posted : 24 October 2009 10:04:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:

May: I knew it would be a massive hit, congrats on the success! :)

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you so much babe, now I can't wait for the music video to premiere!
#19 Posted : 06 November 2010 10:08:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: Flashback RP of the month.

Ps. I'm going to be doing this once a month to my old threads. Who saids threads die? ;)

Info about this thread:
I had the song in planning with GirlSpice for months way before Steph was even respected by anyone. We would pm each other about it. I wrote the lyrics and but i showed her the artwork first. It seemed so amazing back then lol The hard work def payed off though. I think people then saw Steph fierce in whole new way and that's when people started giving me a chance. It took a lot of work all you newbies out there.