logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 20 October 2009 14:14:20(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Setlist wrote:

PANIC!
2 More Miracles To Be A Saint Tour Fall 2009

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
November 3rd, 2009

1. 2 More Miracles To Be A Saint Tour Intro
2. Falling Stars (w/o Ashley Perry) *
3. Disloyal Order of the Ignorant *
4. Lovesick Melody #+
5. The Sounds of This Small Town Make My Ears Hurt +
6. Things Are Looking Up *
7. Falling Down Is How the Young Learn to Regain Themselves ^
8. We Can Fake It for the Airwaves, Force Our Smiles, Baby, Half Dead #
9. Oh, Glory Intermission by, Ashley Perry and Ryan Ross Hernandez
10. Turn It Off (When Praying Doesn't Always Help) *
11. Headaches and Bad Luck ^ / An Army of Cuts and Bruises (Jakey Comatose cover)
12. Too Careful *
13. Life Doesn't Always Give You Lemons ^
14. Writing in Stone Across a Personal Map *
15. The Only Way I Know How to Feel (w/o Ashley Perry and Ryan Ross Hernandez) #
16. Let My Heart Beat ^
17. Outro

Encore:
Misguided Hearts *
You Know Nothing of the Crush #*
I Liked You a Whole Lot Better Before You Became a Fucking MySpace Whore #
A World of Magic Can't Fix Your Tragic Life *

Album Cuts:
* = Broken Down on Memory Lane
#* = Broken Down on Memory Lane B-Side
# = Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner
#+ = Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner B-Side
+ = We are the Directors of This Dramatic Love Story
^ = I Rather Die Than Have Another Broken Heart!

(OOC: Instead of posting a huge review of a show that no one will read. I've decided to post a review of one or two songs each day until November 3rd, then I'll post the reviews of the encores. You'll be able to understand this more when I post the first part tomorrow. Aside from roleplaying each song, I will also be posting events that happen backstage before the show, after and during intermissions.)
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 20 October 2009 14:16:16(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Um excuse me, mr. but I read your threads!
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 20 October 2009 14:54:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

stephaniewazhere wrote:
OOC: Um excuse me, mr. but I read your threads!

OOC: Okay, I'll edit my last post and put everyone........ aside from you. :p I still think this is better, will just be a few paragraphs at a time and not some enormous roleplay that takes me hours to write.
UserPostedImage
Offline Taylr  
#4 Posted : 20 October 2009 17:35:52(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
ooc: We all read it, we just don't usually reply to it. lol.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 21 October 2009 02:09:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Taylr wrote:
ooc: We all read it, we just don't usually reply to it. lol.

Not everyone reads it.
Offline PANIC!  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2009 11:07:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

2 More Miracles To Be A Saint Tour (Untitled) Intro Song

(1 out of 17)

UserPostedImage
(Ashley Perry)

Five minutes until 8 o'clock pacific time, a "PANIC" chant slowly but surly picks up with the LA crowd. The lights in the Staples Center slowly dim until they are completely gone, the venue is dark aside from the frequent camera flashes. As soon as the clock hits eight, a clean-cut guitar riff begins. Two violet-colored lights reflect on stage from both sides, revealing that Ryan Ross Hernandez is playing the guitar riff heard through the PA system. Without any antics, or pyro effects, Ashley Perry walks onto the middle of the stage to her microphone stand, slowly beginning to sing along with the riff.

"so your father told you once
that you were his princess
you wont see the castle
you cannot find your prince
now you've grown a lot
and your dresses don't fit right
your daddy's not a hero
he stole your chariot
"

Towards the middle of the verse, guitarist Gabriel Hunter and bassist Nick Asher both join the two on front stage. As soon as the verse finalizes, a thundering drum beat begins from Joey Fallon's drum kit and his brother Josh playing a tribal drum as loud and hard as he physically can. Along with Asher's distorted bass lines, Hunter and Hernandez are both dueling their clean-effectless guitars. Every instrument slowly dies down until only Ryan's riff is once again heard alone through the sound system, bringing Ashley's vocals back to center stage.

"so here you are in pieces
trying to prove to us its real
the softness of your smile
and the lies you want to feel
the scales beneath your skin
are showing off today
there's evil in your heart
and it wants out to play
"

Joining as the verses continue, a soft cymbals play is heard with a hint of the tribal drum playing in the background. As soon as it ends the full band joins in again. This time Ashley is viciously stomping her feet along to the beat, for some unknown reason to the fans she keeps looking up to the roof above her. Hernandez and Hunter move farther from where Ashley is positioned, on center stage and move to side-stage from each perspective side while still playing. The constant, heart-pounding beat continues this time along with Ashley's singing.

"there's evil in your heart
and it wants out to play
there's evil in your heart

and I have made a home here, for me, you'll burn it down with your fantasy
"

As soon as she hits that last high note, to much shock to the fans, and especially to the front couple of rows, a pouring amount of rain falls on Ashley, it crashes onto her with such impact that she falls to her knees. The rain not only stoked her but much of the front row audience. Her bandmates slowing down their pace of playing until it comes to an end.

The lights rise in the arena, giving the fans in Los Angeles, their first full look at the band. The whole crew out of Tennessee are all dressed in black, the guys are all wearing a black long-sleeve shirt with black dress pants. Each have a feature that differs from the other. For example, Ryan has an un-knotted tie hanging around his neck and a short steamed white rose on his shirts front pocket while Hunter is wearing a white fedora hat and a white towel hanging from his pants back pocket. Ashley is the only exception, not wearing black, instead wearing a much more comfortable attire with a red tanktop with black stripes and dyed-up denim blue jeans.

Ryan hangs his guitar to his to their guitar technician, as he helps Ashley up while staff members quickly are seen on stage trying to clean up the stage for the next song. Ashley is seen walking off stage, most likely to change into some dry clothes. The lights dim down again, the stage barely seen aside from the white limelight shining from side stage.
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#7 Posted : 22 October 2009 11:43:10(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Really nice, I'm probably gonna have to steal the idea from you the next time I rp. I hate not being able to put that much work into my rps because of size. Also, you wrote this spot on I think, and I could actually picture the show without as much help from my imagination. Once again, great job, can't wait for the next part.
Offline PANIC!  
#8 Posted : 22 October 2009 11:56:39(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Synxhard wrote:
OOC: Really nice, I'm probably gonna have to steal the idea from you the next time I rp. I hate not being able to put that much work into my rps because of size. Also, you wrote this spot on I think, and I could actually picture the show without as much help from my imagination. Once again, great job, can't wait for the next part.

OOC: Thanks a lot for the compliments. Go ahead, I don't mind it. I just came up with it while I was writing a full-length show, I see it as a better way to rp a show rather than have it all smashed up into one and there's a better chance lazy people will read it. I'll probably be posting one or two songs a day, starting with the one I posted today, so I'll have the next song performance and some backstage action included in my next part which should be up tomorrow.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 23 October 2009 07:12:43(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Falling Stars

(2 out of 17)

UserPostedImage
(Ryan Ross Hernandez)

With the lights up, for the first time the crowd gets a good view of the stage design. The background behind the band is pretty simple, decorated with a white slick curtain with a collage of golden and platinum picture frames, none of them have pictures inside them. There are over 30 picture frames, the biggest frame is right in the middle and is the only one that has an actual picture inside, showing the album artwork for their newest album Broken Down on Memory Lane.

The staff workers are quickly working to try and sweep the water off the stage, so the show could continue. With most of the water cleaned up, the lights dim once again, hyping up the crowd for the continued show. A single limelight from above the stage is shining in front of the microphone stand. After a few seconds, Ryan Ross Hernandez walks onto stage with an acoustic guitar strapped to his shoulder. He is recevied with cheers and shouts from the mostly teenage crowd. Once they quite down, Ryan begins to play a soft riff off his guitar, some fans shout with excitement knowing what song it is while others wait on confused. After 30 seconds or so, he begins to sing along with the riff.

"I’ve got these witty lines
I can’t sing anymore
‘cause they’re all that I’ve known for so long.
Now they ruin all the songs.

This one’s for you.
Yeah, this one’s for you.
The old songs must be hard to believe.
I’ve ruined everything.
"

Soon enough, most of the sold-out crowd in Staples Center begin to sing along with Ryan. The song is very close to Hernandez, when he starts singing the chorus his voice cracks a bit which is recevied with a sweet 'awww'-moment from the girls in the audience. Hernandez encourages the fans to sing louder.

"You’ll be someone I,
I can learn from.
And over your voice,
I’m screaming,
“Love, it takes time, it takes time.”
I wish I could take my time and your worries away.
I’ll take my time and your worries away.
"

As soon as he finishes singing the first chorus, the rest of the band except for Ashley slowly join in playing a soft instrumental that speeds up the song but not loud enough to cover the acoustic guitar.

"I’ll be okay
‘cause I’ve got the stars.
And you said you’ve been free for some time
and you prove it with the scars.
This one’s for you.
Yeah, this one’s for you.
If I’m lost before you hear all of this…
I've ruined everything...
"

Once the chorus hits again, all the instruments drop except for the acoustic guitar.

"You’ll be someone I,
I can learn from.
And over your voice,
I’m screaming,
“Love, it takes time, it takes time.”
I wish I could take my time and your worries away.
I’ll take my time and your worries away.

This one’s for you.
"

Ryan finishes off the last chorus with a simple whisper that is barely audible by the crowd. Quickly after the rest of the band join, starting the anthem-instrumental felt part of the song, they are even louder and heart pounding after Josh Fallon screams "This one’s for you!" After about the minute and 30 second-long instrumental, the acoustic riff from Ryan's guitar begins bringing the rest of the band to stop playing their instruments. Ryan finishes the song, with the help of the crowd, with the sincere line.

"I’ll be okay
‘cause I’ve got the stars.
"

Disloyal Order of the Ignorant

(3 out of 17)

UserPostedImage
(Ashley Perry)

The crowd give Ryan an enormous positive reception, when the side stage light shines on his face the front row crowd can see his teary eyes. He hands his guitar over to a guitar tech and moves back to the same position where he started the night. Another guitar tech runs over to him and hands him his customized Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe. The lights shine on the crowd instead of stage, as Ashley runs back on to the stage with a different attire, now joining her bandmates with matching attire of black. The opening drum beat along with a clean bass line, brings the whole crowd to their feet knowing exactly what song will be performed next. Along with the drums, the lights start to shower over the stage showing Ashley in the middle of the stage hopping and jumping along to the beat, enthusiastically feeding off the energetic crowd.

As a technical fail for the staff, as Ashley starts to sing into the microphone nothing is heard since the mic seems to have been turned off. Soon enough a staff member quickly runs onto the stage turning on the mic, the audience doesn't seem to notice as they still continue to sing along with the band. Ashley picks up singing at the current state where the song is been played.

At the end of the second chorus, the whole band stops playing as Ashley directs the microphone to the crowd while standing on top of an amplifier to make her self stand at a higher ground. After the fans get their time to shine the group begins to play where they left off on the song. While still singing, Ashley manages to catch in midair a dozen roses that are tossed on stage from a fan. Ryan is seen chuckling to himself when he sees that, going over to Ashley and whispering something in her ear. She smiles at him and shakes her head as she shoves the flowers onto his chest. He quickly tosses them to a crew member and continues to play.

Unlike the studio version of the song, at the end of the performance they add a brutal hardcore-lite breakdown with a lot of head boobing and hair tossing from the band. That bruising breakdown doesn't give the fans nor band anytime to breathe as it leads into the next performance.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#10 Posted : 29 October 2009 12:08:47(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Lovesick Melody

The breakdown outro of Disloyal, leads into never-before-heard song Lovesick Melody. From the first riff played off of Ryan's guitar, you can hear that they are using guitar tuners which they rarely use. Halfway through the intro it can be played out that the song is a pop/rock ballad which can be seen why it didn't make the cut for the up-tempo Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner. Seemingly on purpose, Ashley's microphone is turned up so it can overtake the instruments. Sort of like a message to critics that usually overlook Ashley's vocals, on this song they try to make her vocals the highlight of song. Which with the rest of the instruments barely audible, its tough to argue.

The song quickly turns to a cell-phone-in-air anthem, thanks to the band encouraging the crowd to do so. Despite it, most of the audience isn't really into the song. Realizing that the band speed up towards the end of the song to move on onto the next track, a much more crowd appealing song.

The Sounds of This Small Town Make My Ears Hurt

The fans, quickly come alive again as the band begin to play a fan-favorite from their second studio effort, with the guitar tuners gone. Ashley starts to sing along with the bass line from Asher's guitar, with the rest of the band joining in one-by-one until the full band is set.

Ashley just had to sing the first couple of words before the whole crowd was singing along with her, almost over taking her strong vocals. At times through out the song, she would just put out the microphone at the crowd nothing even increasing the amount of fans singing along since the whole crowd were already attempting to sing along with Ashley's vocals.

When most fans think the song is over and are already giving them an ovation, the ending riff doesn't die down instead it increases as it goes bringing the whole band to about a 50-second instrumental breakdown until the outro of the song. The outro showcases to its fullest Ashley's vocals and shows the type of performer she is. As she crawls around the stage with her head down and her hair all over face as sings with so much emotion it almost literally shines off her.

Giving that amazing performance, she and the guys are recevied with a ovation from the sold-out Staples Center. Even her bandmates had to give up for her, starting with Ryan each of her bandmates followed with a bow towards her.

Things Are Looking Up

Ashley Perry: "So Los Angeles, what do you say about a song off our new record that we have never played before to a single soul?"

The crowd start to whistle and cheer, very much approving.

Ashley: "That's awesome. Well, this song is titled Things are Looking Up!"

Like the title, they play their up-lifting song off their new record live for the first time. This returns to Ashley's usual, stage antics as she runs around on stage A LOT. Due to the song being about the band, at times she looks at her sides and over her shoulder to her bandmates.

At the breakdown of the song when Ashley starts to sing a capella, her bandmates encourage and accomplish for the audience to clap along to Joey Fallon's drums. At the end of the song, to a violin compilation, Ashley and Ryan do some type of strange dance around each other ending with each giving each other a respectful bow.

It receives a good laugh from the crowd, and also from their bandmates. The lights rise on stage shining on all the members.

Falling Down Is How the Young Learn to Regain Themselves

Ashley: "I just want to clarify that, that little dance you just saw was all Ryan's idea not mine at all."

Ryan: "Hey, it wasn't that bad! But it wasn't my best idea, I can admit it that."

Ashley: "I can totally agree with that. So Los Angeles, are we having fun so far?!
"

The audience cheers.

Ashley: "Man this has been a crazy year, and I mean very crazy. And you know we've been waiting a long time for this tour..... Oh, look someone threw a stuffed elephant on stage. Is it for me?"

Ryan: "Sorry, if this was for Ashley but its mine now."

Ryan chuckles under his breathe as he tosses it over onto his amplifier.

Ashley: "Don't worry its cool, its my gift to him. But anyways we've been waiting a while for this tour and its finally here. We just want to say thank you so much, the last five years of our lives have been amazing and its because of you. Thank you."

"So you might know this, you might not. We just put out a new record, it actually came out today. Its entitled Broken Down on Memory Lane. And we are very stocked about it."

"But you know around a week ago something really cool happened that made us think about to our start as a band. Our first record ever, our debut album, I Rather Die Than Have Another Broken Heart, we got our gold plaques."

"So, its been a crazy year and its just going to get better from here. Anyways, if anyone feels, out there in this awesome crowd tonight, if any of you feel like dancing this next song is for."

As soon as the song starts off, it can be felt that this is the most poppy number of the night starting a sea of fans jumping along to the song while at the same time attempting to sing along.

Ashley: "Alright! I wanna see you moving! Come on, come on!"

Is how Ashley starts off the song with that request which no fan turn down. A lot of hair tossing, hopping and also crashing into one another was a case. No mosh-pit type thing because well lets be serious its a PANIC! show but their was quite a bit of crowd surfing which finally put security to work.

Most guys that were dragged to the show by their girlfriends even can't help to move along with the infectious rhythm. Plus its hard to hate this pop number when you get to see Ashley shake her hips.

Ashley: "You're doing good Los Angeles but you can do better!"

Towards middle of the song, she tosses it in there. Not even her bandmates can help but start hopping along with the sea of 20,000 jumping to their song. Its funny to see how when one member starts clapping the whole crowd starts to clap along with Ryan's guitar solo. By the end of the song, the whole band and most of the crowd are dripping in sweat. If Ashley ranged the hormones of the guys in the crowd during the song, Ryan ranged the hormones of the teenage girls in the crowd when he buttoned down his shirt halfway down.

After that energetic performance, the lights dim down as the band themselves take a breather and let the fans take one too.

Band Moment #1

Ashley grabs her water bottle from in front of Joey's drum kit and takes a quick sip out of it. Ryan walks over to her and on-purpose bumps his shoulder against hers.

Ryan: "That was a great performance, Ash."

Ashley: "Thanks. I love those energetic songs but I hate looking all sweaty."

They both share a small laugh.

Ryan: "Don't worry. I'm sure the crowd thinks like me, that you still look hot. You're even cuter with your face like a tomato."

Ashley shows him a small smile and playfully slaps him across the chest as she walks over to her mic stand to get ready for the following song.

Gabriel, who overhears this walks over to Ryan who seems to be caught up in his own little world looking at Ashley.

Gabriel: "Uh, Ryan. I can give you two reasons why you shouldn't flirt with Ashley. One: she's taken, and Two: in-case you forgot, we are playing a show right now."

He slaps Ryan in the back of the head finally snapping him out of it. Ryan shakes whatever he was thinking of off as he picks up his guitar and gets ready for the next performance.

(OOC: I don't know why, but I hated doing these. Rewrote it around 3 times and I still think it sucks. Eh, anyways this whole performance show should be complete by Saturday night.)
UserPostedImage