logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Silence  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2010 23:28:20(UTC)
Silence

Groups: Registered

After being fired / leaving Silent Saint, former singer Wes Haverland formed a new band called "Nowhere". Haverland got that band name after being asked about Silent Saint, he replied saying:

"After all that time we spent together, all the shit we went through together, all of of that just went nowhere.

He posted an ad in the local paper looking for a guitarist, bassist, and drummer. The ad was answered by Guitarist, Marco Capiga, Bassist, Keisha Chilcutt, and Drummer, Seth Phom. The final lineup consisted of Wes on vocals, Keisha on Bass and vocals, Marco on guitar, and Seth on drums. After about a week of jam sessions, they started writing, so far they have written 3 songs and are planning to release a 6 song demo. They have been gigging in between songwriting sessions. The main lyricist in the band are Wes and Keisha, while the main composers are Seth and Marco. Here are the songs they have written so far:

1. Brother
- The song is about Wes' time in Silent Saint, notable for it's repeated transitions from slow to heavy.

2. Temptation
- The song is about sex, notable for it's amazing use of Keisha's vocals perfectly mixing with that of Wes'.

3. Speed And Greed
- The song is about living a risky life, notable for it's Marco's amazing 3 minute closing guitar solo.

Edited by user 08 August 2010 23:30:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2010 21:24:18(UTC)
Silence

DEMO RELEASED

Nowhere has finished recorded their new demo

The band recorded the demo in Seth's garage. All the band members recorded their tracks at the same time with a recorder. The demo was named "I Am You". Around 400 copies were released in record stores around New Jersey.

Details:
DEMO

Title: I Am You
Artist: Nowhere

Band:
Wes Haverland - Vocals
Marco Capiga - Guitar
Keisha Chilcutt - Bass/Vocals
Seth Phom - Drums

Track List:
1. Brother
2. Temptation
3. Speed And Greed
4. Electric Road
5. Untamed
6. Beast In The Fog

ALBUM ART:
UserPostedImage
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2010 21:53:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
This actually looks really cool, not enough attention is paid to new bands these days. Keep it up, I was lucky enough to nab a copy myself and it's some pretty interesting shit!

Liam
Offline Captain Insano  
#4 Posted : 15 August 2010 02:44:12(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
That's because alot of new bands coming through come across as been as interesting as a bag full of dog shit. Having said that though the only things I am hearing about Nowhere are very positive. Can't really say why as it's not normally my thing but i found myself hooked on it.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2010 20:49:43(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
That's because alot of new bands coming through come across as been as interesting as a bag full of dog shit. Having said that though the only things I am hearing about Nowhere are very positive. Can't really say why as it's not normally my thing but i found myself hooked on it.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates

ooc: I agree, I was kind of trying to make more of a statement though about how we expect people to turn up brilliant at roleplay, but obviously they're going to need some time to settle in and get the hang of it and if no one posts on their thread they're not going to want to do more are they? But yeah, your probably just talking IC aha.
Offline Captain Insano  
#6 Posted : 15 August 2010 23:32:08(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
ooc: I never actually looked at it from that veiw point which is very true.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Silence  
#7 Posted : 20 August 2010 23:04:38(UTC)
Silence

New Album
Currently Writing

Nowhere has been writing for a new album. There is no actual information about the songs the band has written, either because it's a secret, or because Wes doesn't care what information my boss says I need to make this news post.

In the band has recently signed to the same label as Wes' former band mates from Silent Saint. When asked about it the band has stated that Wes has made peace with Craig and Wes has gotten over the whole Silent Saint thing. Which is a good thing because Wes wouldn't stop whining about "not being good enough" or what ever crap like that.

In other news, Marco's father recently passed away. Marco hasn't seemed to show any reaction to this. But that makes sense because Marco's dad apparently beat him as a child. Marco probably doesn't care so much about that.

More News Soon...
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2010 01:01:21(UTC)
Silence

NEW SONGS LEAKED

Some of the new songs from the new album have been leaked onto the internet. Guitarist Marco Capiga said that they purposely leaked the songs just for fun. These are the songs that were leaked:

1. Smile (Haverland/Chilcutt)
- A loud, fast, dirty track with lyrics that sound like just the opposite, being about how the world is too serious and needs to smile once in a while.
2. Boogeyman (Haverland/Capiga/Phom)
- As the title suggests, this fast song was written abut the Boogeyman. Notable for Wes' screams.
3. Shut Up (Chilcutt)
- Composing is credited to Keisha alone. She wrote the song about her parents verbally abusing her through her childhood. Although written by Keisha, the song is still sung by Wes.

The band has confirmed that they are almost finished recording and will be mixing the album soon.
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released