logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2010 13:13:38(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage
Groove/Thrash/Progessive Metal
Hometown: Denver, Colorado, USA
Influences: Pantera, Mastodon, Between The Buried And Me, Machine Head, Metallica
Lyrical Themes: Greek Mythology, Fantasy, Horror
Record Label: Shooting Star Records

MUSICIANS
UserPostedImage

Left To Right: Isaiah Montoya - Drums, Vocal Harmonies; Ryan Craft - Guitar, Backing (Melodic) Vocals; Jake Craft - Guitar, Backing (Gutteral) Vocals; Michael York - Bass, Lead Vocals

RELEASES

UserPostedImage
Released: August 30th, 2010
The Prophecy (5:31 - Music And Lyrics by York, R. Craft)
Devoured (4:56 - Music And Lyrics by York, R. Craft)
Tearing The Tides (3:44 - Music And Lyrics by Titan)

USA Sales (Debut/Total): 9,638/68,438
USA Chart Position (Debut/Peak): 233/229

TOURS

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 September 2010 14:55:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Titan - Progressive Groove Metal from Denver, CO
Debut Single, Devoured By An Angry God, Out Now!
titanmusic.com
Currently Signed To Shooting Star Records
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2010 14:00:13(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich:this looks like an ass kicking good time. plus,the beard to non beard ratio is very much in favour of beards.

karoliena:you show me a beard,and i'll show you a man that rocks....why dont you have a beard,erich?

erich:i did have one for a bit,but you said it tickled your butt....

karoliena:oh yeah...and you looked like idiot with it.you looked like that bastard from counting crows.

erich:the braided hair didnt help.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Synxhard  
#3 Posted : 10 August 2010 04:05:49(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hell fucking yeah, bro! We need some more real gritty, true American metal around here, and you guys look like yall are up to the challenge. I know I'm speaking for all of Junkhead when I say this, but welcome to the music industry guys, fucking A. Ill raise a beer to that one, you guys look like some hella good times.

-Stanley Vince
Junkhead

OOC: Welcome to the forum, kinda like what Stanley was saying, we need more straight up American style metal around here.
Offline Hellspawn  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2010 05:37:15(UTC)
Hellspawn

Man

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Tom: Metal Rules!
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2010 13:19:07(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

Thanks for the welcome guys. Titan will definitely be doing some jager shots in your name tonight. Hell, we'll take a shot of jager for just about anything. Anyone who puts out some kickass metal music is cool with us.

-Michael York

NEWS

Newly formed Rocky Mountain metallers Titan recently sat down with themetal.com to discuss their debut single and future plans. Watch the full video below.

Quote:

Joey B: Welcome metalheads and maniacs, i'm Joey B from themetal.com. I'm here with a brand new act from the midwest called Titan. Whats goin on guys?

*A mixture of head nods, waves, and "Hey"s came from the quartet. Clad in the typical metalhead attire of band shirts and torn jeans, the band - Michael York, brothers Jake and Ryan Craft, and Isaiah Montoya - seemed excited yet nervous as they began their first ever interview. Of the four, frontman Michael York seemed the most collected. He knew he was likely to become the face of the band, and that interviews were going to become an almost daily ritual if the band reached the success he dreamt about constantly.*

Joey: So, first off, in your own words, how would you describe your band's music to our viewers out there?

Michael
: Well, a lot of the time we do this sort of *Michael starts mimicking generic guitar riffs in the vein of Beavis and Butthead* but then we kind of do this *mimicks different riff*

*The other three band members cant help but grin at Michael's impersonation. He was easily the most charismatic of the group, and they all appreciated his successful attempt at breaking the ice. Ryan took a slight step forward so that he could speak into Joey's mic.*

Ryan: While we delve into several genres within metal and rock, we are, first and foremost, a progessive band. We wanted to follow what bands like Opeth, Mastodon, Baroness, and Between The Buried And Me laid down. Anyone who is interested in our band can expect songs that dont follow the normal chorus-verse-chorus that a lot of music on the radio does today.

Jake:
But at the same time we have a groove element, similar to Pantera or Machine Head. Growing up, listening to Slayer, Pantera, Testament; there is no way it cant influence your playing style, ya know? When you listen to those bands, it gets imprinted on you.

Joey: I know what you mean, my man. So give us a little info on how you guys formed Titan. How did y'all meet?

Michael: A few years ago, I was in a band called Sixgun. We were your typical thrash band. I mean, I had fun and with those guys. We would party after every show and it was an awesome time. But the music was kind of one dimensional. What you saw was what you got, man. Anyway, I knew Isaiah from the high school days. We kinda lost contact, but at fate would have it, I saw him at a Cannibal Corpse show and we began talking again.

*For the first and only time in the interview, Isaiah stepped up to speak. He was a quiet guy, and NEVER liked being in the spotlight. That is one of the reasons he decided to play drums. The attention would never really be on him. But, since the creation of Titan, he had became best friends with Michael. They say opposites attract, and there may never be a pair in the universe more unlike each other. While he may never fully come out of his shell, being around Michael always seems to give the reserved drummer that little bit of confidence needed to say a few words*

Isaiah: Yeah...um...I was working at a grocery store at the time. So when Michael said he wanted to start a new band, I knew my coworker - Ryan - played guitar. Then we found out his brother plays guitar as well. So everything just kinda fell into place I guess.

Michael: We started out just playing covers of bands we liked. After a few months, we starting writing our own tunes, which turned out to be pretty badass stuff.

Joey: Speaking of which, the way I found out about you guys was at a local festival here in Denver. To be honest, I was impressed. But when I tried to follow up and find some of your music online, in stores, or anywhere really, I couldnt. What's the deal?

Ryan: Well, we have some stuff recorded, but -

Michael: Dude we paid like, 100 bucks for those recordings. Let's just say we got our money's worth.

Joey: *laughs* Alright, I can dig that. So, do you have any recording plans? Touring plans?

Michael: Yeah, we are actually planning on releasing our first official single, Devoured By An Angry God. We have it written, we just have to wait to get in the studio.

Joey: Is it gonne be through a label, or what?

Ryan:
That's actually the problem. We are in contact with a label at the moment, we are just waiting for all of the paperwork to be finalized. We cant spill any details just yet, but definitely be on the lookout. And hopefully after that we can get out on the road with some bands, and get our music heard.

Joey:
Alright guys, thanks for your time. You heard it here first, folks. Be on the lookout for Titan and their upcoming single, Devoured By An Angry God, coming out...well I dont really know when.

*laughter as the video comes to an end*

Edited by user 11 August 2010 16:32:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

titanmusic.com
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2010 13:42:45(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Ahh, some classic heavy fucking metal. Titan seems like a very promising new band, I'll be keeping an eyes open for you guys. I like the fact that Michael doesn't take everything extremely seriously, alot of musicians nowadays are so serious and somber. I for one am definetely guilty of that at points...
-Eric Quillington

Edited by user 11 August 2010 13:45:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Hellspawn  
#7 Posted : 12 August 2010 04:57:56(UTC)
Hellspawn

Man

Jason: Excellent Band, we have to Tour Together some day!
Offline Synxhard  
#8 Posted : 12 August 2010 08:27:43(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Nicely done man, very good. What you just managed to do in that rp is years ahead of almost anyone else first starting out here, pretty great. The fact that you've already dived into some character development is really cool, stick around, I can tell you'll be a great addition to the forum for sure.
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#9 Posted : 21 August 2010 12:58:38(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

NEWS

Titan Signed To Shooting Star Records

Rocky Mountain Progressive band Titan recently came to terms with Shooting Star Records for a two album deal. Singles and touring plans seem to be at the band's discretion. fullmetalaccess.com managed to get a few blurbs from the band on the topic.

On signing with Shooting Star Records:
Quote:
From all of Titan, I have to say we are very honored and excited to be given such a great opportunity. We felt this was definitely a great label for Titan to start our journey on. Shooting Star has a great staff, an awesome studio, and connections to some of the best producers in the game right now. The provide a lot of promotion for their artists, which is exactly the sort of thing we need at the moment. I cant wait to get started! - Ryan

On criticism from local fans for signing with a prominently non metal label:
Quote:
F**k that man. Thats all I can really say. We are still the same band, and we always will be. Shooting Star isnt asking us to change our sound, or do anything that goes against our values as a band. Besides, we respect what these other guys on the label are out there doing - doin their own thing, makin their own music. We aint the type of dudes to judge other artists who dont sound like us. So what if the other artists arent metal? If there a people that cant get over that, then so be it, man. - Michael

On future plans for a single, album, tour:
Quote:
Well, now that we have the resources we need so readily available to us, we plan on entering the studio ASAP and finishing up our first single. Expect that to be out by the end of this month. We are going to have a CD release party in our hometown, then hit the road for a considerable amount of time. We are contacting a few bands as we speak to see if we can pull a good package together. After that, we'll go right back to the writing process and get our debut album out into the world. Lets just say the next few weeks will be an exciting time for Titan, and for our fans as well. - Ryan

For more information on Shooting Star Records, or for Exclusive Titan merch, please visit Shooting Star Records Official Site
titanmusic.com
Offline Lauren  
#10 Posted : 22 August 2010 10:53:57(UTC)
Lauren

Woman

Sally: Welcome, new labelmates!
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#11 Posted : 22 August 2010 16:02:24(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

Jake: Thanks! I am still kind of shell shocked at this point. It seems like just last week we were practicing in my basement, and now we are on a record label.
Michael: Dude...that was last week. We still havent made the move to the new studio yet.
Jake: Oh yeah. Well anyway, congrats Sally on all the success on Underneath The Waves. It was a really solid album, I cant wait to see what the next album holds!
titanmusic.com
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#12 Posted : 23 August 2010 12:05:27(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

"Devoured" Gets Release Date, Track Titles Revealed, New Song Streaming!

Titan's debut single, Devoured By An Angry God, is set to release via Shooting Star Records on Monday, August 30th.

Following the band's trend of writing songs focused on Greek mythology, Devoured tells the story of the Titan Cronus, who eats his children upon birth in fear that one of them may one day grow to overthrow him. The album artwork and track titles are as follows:

UserPostedImage

Titan has also made the first song on the single, The Prophecy, available for streaming. Although the song has a single verse, which is sung near the beginning, the band considers it to be almost an instrumental, and said they may consider in a live setting playing it as so. The song can be heard on the music player below:

Quote:
The song begins with a cymbal crash, followed by a mid tempo, mellow bass line. As the bass continues, the cymbal crashes continue in sparse intervals, getting closer together with each consecutive strike. Eventually the crashes come one right after another, which is when the Craft brothers' guitars come into the song with a dark, bluesy dual lead riff.

The blues inspiration continues as Jake Craft breaks into a light, swift guitar interlude. The pseudo solo continues for another minute before Jake's low, Jerry Cantrell inspired vocals whisper the lone verse of the song.

"Prophecy chosen,
Betrayed by his own son,
Fighting threads of fate,
The sun and the ocean

Swallowing stones of deception
A tales inception
Hypocrisy's father
There is one exception"

The final word echos several times as a monstrous, sludgy riff kicks in. This crushing riff is followed by the rest of the band in the same fashion. The section is repeated several times more, before suddenly ending in silence.

After a half second, the silence is broken by a piercing solo by Ryan Craft. Fast, distorted, heavy, and metallic, Ryan's solo is clearly inspired by traditional metal bands of the past.

Ryan's shred fest is then interrupted by Jake, who proceeds with a more bluesy, melodic solo. Inspired by Black Sabbath, Neurosis, and Isis, this solo is less complicated than Ryan, but perhaps more soulful.

The two continue to trade off solos a few more times, before Ryan's final solo rings out, and the opening somber bass line returns to close out the last 30 seconds of the song.
titanmusic.com
Offline Hellspawn  
#13 Posted : 24 August 2010 04:45:50(UTC)
Hellspawn

Man

Tom: I Wanna This Single Now!
Offline the strom  
#14 Posted : 30 August 2010 17:06:07(UTC)
the strom

Prog thrash... Hell yeah to that im going to buy that 1st single and if i like what i hear ill would be happy to buy your 1st album...if you's get to that stage that is.
- Ben (Mind game)
UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline JakeTheSnake  
#15 Posted : 31 August 2010 08:40:03(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

Debut Single Released!

The debut single from progressive metal band Titan, entitled Devoured By An Angry God is out now! According to the band, the single tells the story of the Greek god Cronus, who eats his children upon birth in fear that one of them may grow to overthrow him. The single is available on titanmusic.com or shootingstars.com

UserPostedImage

- A mellow, bluesy intro song, ending with solos from both the Craft brothers. The songs tells of the prophecy that one of Cronus' children would one day kill him and take his throne.

- A heavy, doomy, Neurosis-esque song, the song is about Cronus eating his children, in this case the water god Poseidon, and how he had to disregard his fatherly instincts to do so.

- The most radio friendly song off the single, Tearing The Tides is a tight, fast thrash song. The song tells of Poseidon's urge for revenge against his father, and how he will stop at nothing to achieve it.

(OOC: Sorry that there arent lyrics for all the songs, I just dont think I have the time to do that for every single, album, etc. So I am just going to stick to song descriptions)
titanmusic.com
Offline JakeTheSnake  
#16 Posted : 31 August 2010 15:45:39(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

According to Nielsen Soundscan, Titan's debut single, Devoured By An Angry God, sold 9,638 copies in the US to debut #233 on the charts. Frontman Michael York posted a message on Titan's official site regarding the album:

Quote:
Fuck yeah! I just want to give a quick shout out to whoever bought the new single. You guys rule! Titan would still be playing house parties and bars if it wasnt for the fans, so I just want y'all to know that we appreciate you for giving us a chance and checking out the tunes. To be honest, it did better than I expected, but then again I tend to be a pessimist most of the time.

Anyway, this is only the beginning for Titan! We have a lot of stuff planned for the next couple of months. I dont want to give too much away, but keep an eye on the website for more info!
titanmusic.com
Offline bdylan88  
#17 Posted : 31 August 2010 15:52:45(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
JakeTheSnake wrote:
According to Nielsen Soundscan, Titan's debut single, Devoured By An Angry God, sold 9,638 copies in the US to debut #233 on the charts. Frontman Michael York posted a message on Titan's official site regarding the album:

Quote:
Fuck yeah! I just want to give a quick shout out to whoever bought the new single. You guys rule! Titan would still be playing house parties and bars if it wasnt for the fans, so I just want y'all to know that we appreciate you for giving us a chance and checking out the tunes. To be honest, it did better than I expected, but then again I tend to be a pessimist most of the time.

Anyway, this is only the beginning for Titan! We have a lot of stuff planned for the next couple of months. I dont want to give too much away, but keep an eye on the website for more info!

fantastic single! Fucking amazing!!!!- Jack Frost
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline JakeTheSnake  
#18 Posted : 02 September 2010 20:00:36(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

Titan is hitting the road! In support of their debut single, Devoured By An Angry God, Titan will join Mind Game on a 3 week trek throughout the United States. The tour, titled "Devoured By Dark", will hit many clubs and theaters throughout the midwestern and southern regions of the country. Guitarist Jake Craft gave us a few words on the tour, and what to expect:

Quote:
Finally! After weeks in the studio, it feels awesome to be able to say that Titan will hit the stage again! This is our first real national tour, and we couldn't be more fucking excited! I mean, we've played out of state festivals here and there, but this is the real deal! As for what to expect; obviously we will be playing "Devoured" in full. But expect a few cover songs, and more importantly, a song or two from the upcoming album! We will be releasing tour merch in the coming days, as well as the setlist for the shows. We also encourage fans to upload videos of the shows onto our website. That way, if you are unsure of whether or not we are worth seeing live, you can check out the footage and decide for yourself. And please, stick around after the show and say hi to us! You guys are the reason we are here in the first place, and we would love to meet every one of you guys. See you in the pit.

- Jake

UserPostedImage

09/05/2010 Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL
09/06/2010 Station Four - Minneapolis, MN
09/07/2010 Granada Theatre - Lawrence, KS
09/08/2010 Marquis Theatre - Denver, CO
09/10/2010 Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
09/11/2010 El Corazon - Seattle, WA
09/12/2010 Boardwalk - Sacramento, CA
09/13/2010 Slims - San Francisco, CA
09/14/2010 House of Blues - Los Angeles, CA
09/15/2010 Ramona Main Stage - San Diego, CA
09/17/2010 Marquee Theatre - Phoenix, AZ
09/18/2010 Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM
09/20/2010 Palladium Showroom - Dallas, TX
09/21/2010 Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
09/22/2010 White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
09/24/2010 Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
09/25/2010 Revolution - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
09/26/2010 Club Firestone - Orlando, FL

Edited by user 02 September 2010 20:14:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

titanmusic.com
Offline the strom  
#19 Posted : 02 September 2010 22:35:34(UTC)
the strom

This tour is going to be fun, We are going to Recorded Palladium Showroom show for a live dvd and we want to know if you want to get Recorded as well for the dvd?
-Ben (Mindgame)
UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline JakeTheSnake  
#20 Posted : 04 September 2010 17:08:41(UTC)
JakeTheSnake

New Merch

Due to the recent success of Titan's debut single, Devoured By An Angry, the band has decided to release the single on vinyl, with limited edition versions available.

Standard: 1000 Copies
Black w/ Blood Splatter: 400 Copies
Red w/ Black Splatter: 200 Copies
"Devoured" Picture Disk: 100 Copies (Only Available For Purchase At The "Devoured By Dark" Tour)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
titanmusic.com