logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2010 18:46:37(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Released today is Saviors fourth album. Savior is, of course, Johnny Johnson from The Rockers new group featuring country legend Jack Jameson. This album was produced with young rap star MattY, after a chance meeting between him and Johnny in front of a small town grocery store. The group got on well from the start.

Johnny Johnson, "MattY is an interesting kid, he proves to me that while I don't care for the music of today's world, (laughs) it does and can have the same heart that the oldest music every made has. MattY produced this album like he was a part of Savior, not as a rap artist. Which is a special quality among producers, they edit themselves to be what the group or artist needs rather than what he would listen to. He helped make an album for our fans, and for us, and I hope we made an album that will appeal to his fans and people his age as well."

UserPostedImage

1. So This is Where I Am - A soft spoken opener featuring Jack and John doing a duet with both playing acoustic guitars as well with no other instrumentals. John and Jack play off each other throughout changing from the the young pupil to the old teacher. The song talks about life and how we look back at ourselves in the end and wonder about ourselves and our mistakes.

2. Cold - A song with only Jacks voice and no instruments. This song is explained by his lyrics and the way he sings them. This song is about losing the love of your life, just as Jack did in the early 1970s. Jack was a huge country star at a time and after losing his wife, he quit music and turned to drink.

3. A Hero and a Friend - Jack and Johnny sing together again about John finding Jack on the streets getting knocked around by some thugs after becoming quite drunk. This song is a true story about the friendship John and Jack developed after some rough beginnings. The music is happy but mellow which is slowly becoming the mood of the album.

4. The Junk Left Behind - A song about how John nearly gave up on his life when the music world left him. John sings sole vocals here and Jack plays guitar showing off a bit with some quick riffs that call back some classic gospel countries.

5. Normal Again - Recovery, and if he can we have it...or if we make it for ourselves. This song is about love, loss, regret but most of all the way we get over it and continue with our life. Jack plays alone and John sings.

6. Wrong Way Leads Here - This song is sung by drummer Jimmy Jameson who is also Jacks nephew. Talking about how our choices affect our entire life though they can take just seconds to make. Drums and guitars join together for this one.

7. Seven - Religion, though its controversial Johnny stands by the fact that he would not be alive without God and this song explains his feelings about his life and they guiding light that has always been there when he was lost in the dark.

MattY keeps himself steady for this album and shows his stuff. The album has a dark but light at the end of the tunnel feeling to it and this owes to MattYs choice to keep the album mellow and soft but not let it get boring and silent.

UserPostedImage
Johnny and Jack in a promotional image.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 04 November 2010 03:13:40(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
MattY Releases a statement

MattY wrote:
I was quite worried about this job, i mean, it is nothing like what i usually do. I'm not gonna lie, these guys aren't the sort of music i normally listen too, but i did sort of grow up on them, having grown up with my great-grandparents, who were relatively up to date with their music (ish) haha.
I am quite happy to say that i think i did a very good job, and it was a privelidge to work with such legends as Saviour. They are genuine good guys and it was a really good experience working with them.
So thank you, Johnny Johnson, and the rest of Saviour, for lettin me work with you.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)