logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2011 10:11:47(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Everyone was excited about this concert after hearing so many good things about this new figure on the England scene. Andrew Guinnard could be read on huge letter above the small venue in Manchester. When I went inside I saw some chairs and people were intrigued as why there were chairs. This was a music concert, wasn't it?
The concert was about the begin, as some people sat on the chairs. It wasn't crowded, but there were quite a reasonable amount of people there. Everything went dark. Suddenly a light turned on on stage and we could see Andrew coming along with a gray acoustic guitar.
"Good evening." - He said with his usual coughy voice. - "I'd like to ask you all to sit on the chairs I asked them to put. This is not a concert where you are supposed to scream, jump or dance. I'm not here to incite rebellion, to talk about relationships that don't work, to talk about the futilities of the every day life. I'm not here to entertain, so if anyone doesn't like what I'm about to perform, the doors will always be open."
He strummed some chords and started singing a really calm and sweet song. His voice was perfect to sing about what he was singing. Suffering, frustration, bipolarism, etc. He sung with such a passion that made me believe he actually has been through all of that, although one can never be sure. After the song was done, people screamed and applaused.
"My concert is better understood and felt if there's a total silence." - He said as he got up and walked to a drum set on the back. - "If you could all close your eyes for a moment, and feel your breath. Feel your heart." - He started playing the bass drum like heartbeats for a while. Then he stopped.
"You know you can still feel your breath, that you're still alive. But your heart, it stopped. You may even put a finger in front of your nose to feel your breath, but the heart has stopped. It's gone. Maybe forever". - Then he returned to the front seat on stage and played another really depressing and calm song.
When the song ended, everything went black and all we could hear was his voice.
"I wish I could say my life is black." - A very low light was turned on - "But it's all gray. Black is a nice colour, it can be really stylish and it focus all light on it. But gray...gray is worse. Gray is not even black and not even white. It's something in between." - All lights on stage were turned on again for another melancholic song. All of that was starting to make me feel sort of bad inside, like suffocating. But I wasn't ready to give up this concert now.
"I like this time of the year. Winter. I love the snow flakes falling from the sky, I love how they're so fragile yet they can block roads and streets. No, I don't love, I just like. The only thing I love is the only thing that makes me feel alive, makes me feel human." - He took off all of his winter clothes and stand with only some shorts on stage, as he took the water bottle and poured it all over his body. It was a really freezing day in London and the venue had no heater. He started shaking and a roadie ended up taking him a towel. - "Cold. What is cold?". The next song was played.
"We're all animals. What differs me and the dog freezing out in the street? What differs me from all the pathetic bugs we kill every day? Me and the dog, we all feel cold if water is thrown on our heads in the winter. Me and the bug, we all feel the suffering if someone smashes us. We're no different. We're as fragile as they are." - He got a gray bass and started playing a bass only song, that fitted perfectly with his voice.
"I know we're not allowed to smoke here, but fuck it." - He lighted up a cigarette. - A"nd I'd like all the people that smoke in here to light one too, I'm no different from any of you."
He began smoking and only started the next song after he and the whole crowd wer done smoking. You could cut the air in all that silence and smoke coming everywhere.
"Thank you for coming. This is the last song and it's a mere cover." - I knew that song, it was a Smiths song! One of my favourites, I Won't Share You. he finished the song and left. The concert only lasted 30 minutes, but that was enough to fill my head with disturbing thoughts. The man was a genius.

Setlist

Mindsoup
Heartbeat
Gray
Roadblock
Sueismine
I Won't Share You (Smiths Cover)

UserPostedImage
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
thanks 1 user thanked Raphaela for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2011 17:48:48(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
OOC: I love this character!!! Really well written :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2011 19:24:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: I love your voice :)

OOC: I love the way its written.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 16 July 2011 03:21:43(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
OOC: Thank you! I'm trying to catch up with Roleplay again, been away for too long haha.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 16 July 2011 03:57:16(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erich: i like this cat.he's got balls the size of buicks.

Karoliena: must make buying trousers hard." Excuse me,kind sir.do you have this in a size suitable for the ample bollocked man?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.