logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2011 15:08:27(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Well, it’s finally here. Hmmmm, not quite so. But it is a joyous occasion. Allura Silk has been recording music for her debut album for 2 years now. She began her career as an underground rapper from Queens, New York four years ago. A series of street mix-tapes sold like got hotcakes on the streets of New York. Soon many execs began to hear the buzz that would become, Allura Silk. Though Allura Silk greatly appreciates her underground rap career saying, “It planted her foundation”, she still wanted more. Her dreams of becoming a mainstream artist came to life when she was approached by record Execs at Shooting Star records. Allura signed a 3 album deal with the label. Her career received a lot of hype and she became one of the most celebrated newcomers, not only in the rap industry but the recording industry as well. But that all came to a halt when Allura was dropped by Shooting Star records. Depressed, confused, and lonely, Allura didn’t know how she would make her dreams come true of becoming an Entertainer and making it in the industry, she took a year off. Finally everything began to piece together when she was approached by Tric-Jam Records a year after being dropped from Shooting Star Records.

Allura inked a 3 album deal with the label in the summer of 2011 and began record her debut album. Before releasing her debut album Allura plans to release an E.P, In My Zone. In My Zone is a prelude to what is to come from Allura Silk’s debut album (which is still untitled). Even though it isn’t a full body of work it gives her fans and the public that watches her, what is to become of this Hip-Hop/R&B sensation. Now, finally fans have been given an appetizer with the debut E.P, In My Zone with the World Premiere (Allura’s debut album) coming out February/March of next year!

Here is In My Zone...

UserPostedImage

1.Bananaz

Description: A very fun track. The track moral is about love and how it can make you crazy. It reminds you of that great feeling you get from love, that overwhelming feeling. That is why the song is so overwhelming, loud, and expressive because it paints the exact picture of how a girl can feel about a guy. However, it offers a sexual twist (hint: the song title). You get the picture. –allura silk singing (vocals) and rap (vocals) both on the track.

Allura Silk…

“Bananaz was one of the first songs recorded for the E.P. To remind you it was recorded in the summer. It was hot. You know how the summer is, hot, steamy, a lot of guys and girls show skin. It’s just a lot of hawtness going on and I felt inspired by that. I was recording in the city and just became excited by my city and what Women and Men of NYC have to offer so that’s how we created Bananaz.”

2.Captivate The Night

Description: The most exciting track on, In My Zone. The song offers a sort of hip way to Inspirational music. The track is about accepting your flaws and realizing that you weren’t meant to be perfect and that you accept life isn’t as well. The tracks basic message is to show that you can’t change everything you or people dislike about you so just accept who you are and that’s when the journey gets better. It’s about recognizing the greatness and accepting the darkness. But instead of becoming depressing and overly spiritual the track has an edgy pop sound with edgy metaphorical lyrics assisting it as well. The track serves as the second single off In My Zone. allura silk signing (vocals)

Allura Silk…

“I looooovveee this track, so so much! This track is the second single off the E.P. And it is just amazing. The song is almost autobiographic to my life. In which it shows the highs and lows of my life. And the song just shows how we all aren’t perfect and we all are flawed. But once we realize we are a beautiful people and we all have humanly rights then that’s when life gets easier. It’s about accepting and acceptance. It isn’t dragged out like your typical inspirational pop song. The beat is very hard, its like so hard its sick. The lyrics are in my opinion Groundbreaking. I hope we get to do a video treatment for this.”

3.The Baddest

Description: A very hard edge rap song, in which Allura claims her thrown as the Princess of Hip-Hop. Even though this is the beginning the track serves as a prelude of what she believes she is destined to be. The song focuses on where she plans to be in her career and in life in the future. A very hard edged, rap track. Allura silk (rapping vocals)

Allura Silk…

“This track is just what it says. Its sounds cocky but it isn’t at all. Its about me eventually becoming a success in the future. Even though I already consider myself a success, I planned to be greater. If you work hard then you are entitled to consider yourself a success. I have worked hard to get where I am and I plan on staying here. And the track assures you of that, that I am not a chick to fuck around with. No, I’m the real deal.

4.Freak It The Freak Up

Description: An old school R&B/Hip-Hop track. The track takes you to the 90’s Hip-Hop era but doesn’t sound dated at all. It is very fresh, a fresh sound, and a fresh way to pay homage to the artist who have paved the way for Allura to get where she is today. The track happens to have a lot of subliminal sexual topics. It’s sex. Plain and Simple. The song is about how women don’t want to be loved all the time, sometimes they just need to be laid. Its denouncing all double standards between both women and men and broadcast the new day and age we live in.

Allura Silk…

“Yeah, we can do it like a dude too! (Jessie J voice). Hehehe, no I’m kidding. But on a serious note it really crawls under my skin when a man gets props for being a player, a boss. But women get called all kinds of bitches and ho’s for no particular reason. You have to realize we live in a new day and age. And yes, I am all for girl power and being ladies but we wanna have fun too!

5.If U Want My Luv Tonight

Description: An intimate mid-tempo R&B/POP track that talks reflects on love and all that what you will do for love. (allura silk singing vocals)

Allura Silk…

This track is one of my favorites because there is no rap, I am just singing. And I looooove rapping! Don’t get me wrong, I was a rapper before I developed a singing voice. But I love singing as well. And I don’t want my audience or people who view me in the public to be looked as just an a rapper but also recognize my vocal ability. And audiences have been doing so with the Bananaz track, but I know they get to see how seriously I take my singing vocals on this track. I love the concept as well. It’s just about all that you’ll do for love.

6.Show You

Description: A Very Hip-Hop track about the state of Hip-Hop and also the state of the world. The track gives Allura’s outtake on Hip-Hop, her career, her life, and some of her musical peers. It gives a wonderful perspective and a deep one as well, to a WOMEN’S P.O.V on society and pop culture.

Allura Silk…

“Many people won’t understand the song unless you pay attention to what is going on in today’s society. I began to reflect on my life and things that I have done and seen people done. I also just talk about all I’ve been through and where I am currently at in my life right now. It’s like an autobiography on where I’m at right now. The song I think will gravitate towards women, its ageless, speaks to all women. If nobody understands it, I know they will.

7. So Damn Funny
Description: By far one of the most straight forward Rap/Hip-Hop tracks produced this year. The beat is very honest, which mirrors the song. Very ol’school Hip-Hop. The track is about guys and how lame they can be to girls sometime. The track tells the story of a girl who was cheated/dumped by her boyfriend, and now that he realized that he messed up and is missing out on something with her, She is not having it!

Allura Silk…

“One of my faves. So deep! But so fucking hilarious! This song is about an experience that I had before, where I had a guy cheat on me and dump me for a girl in my neighborhood. And when he realized she didn’t want him and used him he realized he missed what we had. But he had already proven to me that he wasn’t a man and he was a low life scum bag piece of shit. I am very careful not to belittle the race of men but I do let them know they can be assholes sometimes as well.

8. Tonight We Pop off

Description: An up-tempo Hip-Hop track about the night life. It talks about the night life in general but is specifically about the night life in NYC. The track is just really fun and it about being young and loving it!

Allura Silk…

“Love this track soooo much! Had so much fun recording it. I mean the song is basically what the title says, POPPING OFF! Just having fun and enjoying yourself. This is the song you listen to on your way to the club or going out to get you pumped off. I just go off to it and I know you will too!

_______BONUS TRACKS_________
9. Tonight We Pop off (Reprise)
10. Bananaz (Remix) Feat. DJ Thunder

Edited by user 23 December 2011 15:07:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2011 15:22:49(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

OOC:I need help lol. I need to know how I can make the actual video not the link appear on the thread. Can someone please assit me with that, thank you. And please read the rp and tell me what you think, hope you guys enjoy. Thank you!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2011 13:58:56(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: Just got my copy of your amazing EP today and I'm listing to it right now. So far it's really great. Lots of excellent songs to make my favorites. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
TishaJackson!!!! on 24/12/2011(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2011 14:01:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
OOC:I need help lol. I need to know how I can make the actual video not the link appear on the thread. Can someone please assit me with that, thank you. And please read the rp and tell me what you think, hope you guys enjoy. Thank you!

OOC: You mean like posting a video on here?? You just put the link inside the code for youtube

Ex. [Youtube]Link Goes Here Lol[/Youtube] :)

Isabel: I'm really into Rap right now, have been for years, so I'm definitely getting this EP :) You're so talented to be able to switch between singing and rapping and the fact you do both so well is amazing, great job!

Layla: I love it girl! You know Lady Raine is gonna be listening to this all day, every day hehe. :]
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2011(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 23/12/2011(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#5 Posted : 23 December 2011 14:49:46(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post

OOC: You mean like posting a video on here?? You just put the link inside the code for youtube

Ex. [Youtube]Link Goes Here Lol[/Youtube] :)

Isabel: I'm really into Rap right now, have been for years, so I'm definitely getting this EP :) You're so talented to be able to switch between singing and rapping and the fact you do both so well is amazing, great job!

Layla: I love it girl! You know Lady Raine is gonna be listening to this all day, every day hehe. :]

OOC: Ahhhhhhh! *screams from the top off the top of lungs*. I've been trying to get this all night. I feel slow lol. Moquel tried to explain it to me as well but I didn't get it. Thanks so much!

Allura Silk: I'm glad to know your a fan of rap Isabel, and I really hope you love In My Zone. Thank you for everything. Muuahh

Allura Silk: Thanks Layla! And tell Raine I said hello. Hope she like's it...haha. Thanks gurl!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage