logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CallMeTeachXD Posted: 06 September 2011 04:16:30(UTC)

Well thanks for correcting me guys :)
My Acts

Kato
lol
(Writing & Recording)

Sonye
(Writing & Recording)

Gabe
(Finalizing Album/Preparing for tour)

21st Century
(Practicing Skils/Writing)
Mckenzie- Posted: 06 September 2011 04:11:04(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CallMeTeachXD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
No. That doesn't make sense. High sales means an artist is popular, if doesn't make their album necessarily the best. The charts reward sales, awards are totally different. Also, aren't you new? There haven't been awards for over a month...

Well in real life that's how it is. Please don't take this as a rude gesture but in my opinion, I think what you said made no sense. You said that artist get awarded for the best album, that makes no sense, because if a new new act just made an album that has rave reviews, but the album doesn't sell good, how would that be awarded. That doesn't make sense. Generally it's the record sales that determines who the award is awarded to. Please don't take this personally. Just voicing my opinions :)

Ask Arcade Fire that. They won many awards for their album The Suburbs and won Best International Band at the Brit Awards. IN contrast, there album was 57th best selling album of that year in the UK and in the US it was the 80th. So.. you aren't 100% correct.
retired x
Taylr Posted: 06 September 2011 04:07:09(UTC)

Most award shows are done by vote.
genocidal king Posted: 06 September 2011 03:53:53(UTC)

No....record sales determine chart positions. People win best album awards without having the highest sales.
UserPostedImage
CallMeTeachXD Posted 06 September 2011 03:48:25(UTC)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
No. That doesn't make sense. High sales means an artist is popular, if doesn't make their album necessarily the best. The charts reward sales, awards are totally different. Also, aren't you new? There haven't been awards for over a month...

Well in real life that's how it is. Please don't take this as a rude gesture but in my opinion, I think what you said made no sense. You said that artist get awarded for the best album, that makes no sense, because if a new new act just made an album that has rave reviews, but the album doesn't sell good, how would that be awarded. That doesn't make sense. Generally it's the record sales that determines who the award is awarded to. Please don't take this personally. Just voicing my opinions :)
My Acts

Kato
lol
(Writing & Recording)

Sonye
(Writing & Recording)

Gabe

21st Century
genocidal king Posted: 06 September 2011 00:27:38(UTC)

UserPostedImage
CallMeTeachXD Posted: 06 September 2011 00:21:08(UTC)

So I have been thinking about this for a very long time. I think that its wrong that people have to be voted to be nominated at awards. Like I think that the awards should be determined by the highest number of record sales on a specific album or single. For example: Tisha Jackson sold 5,000,000 million copies on her album and Cinzia Ricci sold 4,900,000 copies. Then the award would go to Tisha for selling more. but for the favorite artist or male or female artist I think that should be voted. But as far as Best Album and best rock or rap single or whatever I think that should be determined by the number of sales. Okay good bye.
My Acts

Kato
lol
(Writing & Recording)

Sonye
(Writing & Recording)

Gabe

21st Century