logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#21 Posted : 19 June 2012 16:43:59(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Cassie: Who is this chica? I like her attitude! Should be fun to hear what you can do!
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#22 Posted : 19 June 2012 17:33:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: Who is this chica? I like her attitude! Should be fun to hear what you can do!

Xena: I'm that Australian girl named Xena...nice to meet ya, Cassie. It should be fun, right? :) I know who you are, your attitudes to die for XD
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#23 Posted : 19 June 2012 18:12:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

Please enjoy this all new interview from the up and coming recording artist, Xena Bennington! Enjoy....

How do you feel about the buzz you have certainly generated since the launch of your website?
It's really been an ace! yanno? I certainly wouldn't think I could move such so many people with my goals. So I think it's all very positive for someone like me who has been fighting to get noticed for such a long time seem to actually be getting somewhere. When you finally reach that point, it's just full of excitement. So I'm very appreciated for all the blokes and chick's who have been by lil ol' me's side since the beginning. They won't be disappointed.

Since you've got the internet speaking of you, what can you tell people about what their seeing, who you are as a person or an artist...
Well my name is Xena, I'm Australian and I'm a cool freakin chick! Haha, I kid, I kid. Well aside from that, I'm a musician who's on a mission. I know I sound forceful but I want to make a change. I want to show people who are different, not only musically, to feel free to do what they gotta do and to not be afraid of being different, or sounding different. Not having the style of what "in at the moment" but something of your own, something that's unorthodoxed. I don't sound like the Nadia Berry's, Weekend's and Isabel's and although I respect them highly for what they have accomplished and even some of their songs....many up and coming artists who don't exactly sound anything like that, who sound completely opposite actually...stop short because their afraid that they won't get noticed because of what's "in", I've seen it happen. An artist comes out, and they don't sound like what's trending and in turn don't get noticed, they stop short. And when it comes to me, I won't just stop short. I'm gonna pull all the way through despite it may, or may not being "in". Quite frankly, I just want to make music that's enjoyable and remembered and not worry about whether or not it'll be successful, I'll never do that or else the music won't be good. I'll be too busy worrying about what sounds successful rather then what makes my fans inspired. I'm making music, I'm doing what I love. It'll be awesome, I ain't worrying about a damn thing, why stress it?

You were born in Australia, correct? How is life different there, from other countries like the United States and United Kingdom?
Yes, that is correct. It's not that easy to just answer that question. I actually can't really answer it at all. Because wherever you go, the people who live their, the life style, the language, will be different. It's so much that I could sit here and explain to you about what's different from Australia to the United Kingdom, from the United Kingdom to the United States that it would just take hours. I can't specifically put my finger on one thing because there's just so much. Each lifestyle is just so interesting too. One thing that I can say, is that people often get this image in this mind about Australia being a big huge land full of grass and kangaroos, you would have to be a total drongo to believe that because its complete bullshit. It's a beautiful place, it really is.

You seem very proud of your Australian heritage
Yes, I am. I'm very proud to be an Aussie's. Many Australian people are patriotic and I think it's just an Aussie thing? *laughs*. I'm usually not afraid of showing my accent, hehe. I know I may sound really professional right now because I'm getting interviewed, but I'm such a slangster when I'm back at home. It's really funny actually.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a musician?
When it was alil girl back in Australia when I was 14. I mean, who doesn't love music growing up, I was no different even before I turned fourteen...I knew I wanted to be a musician when my Ol' man [father] brought me a piano keyboard...from their it was all about creating my own music from there. I was always the oddball when it came to the type of music I was listening to from the age of 14, and on. When my mates would be listening to Kylie Minogue, Keith Urban and more...I was still listening to people like Frank Zappa, The Beatles, Pink Floyd ..and others. People used to always think I was off my rocker because I was still listening to that type of music but that's lengendary music that will never will be outdated and listening to them, I really learned more in this craft that we call music. Of course we love the Kylie's and what not, that's always good. But Frank Zappa is great for the brain.. *laughs*. I knew from that moment forward this was what I wanted to do ...and now I'm here, doin' it.

So 3 years ago, how was life for Xena Bennington?
I was working my arse off! I've been trying to get to get to this bit since I was 14! I was back home recording small mixtapes and doing shows all over Australia and I picked up a small following. It was nothing too extreme because I was exactly taking it to the next level. I want to be global, just not country known. So although I've got some small accomplishments back home, I didn't want to stop their. I want to continue my quest. So life three years ago, was much more calm then how life is now. I'm hungrier now then I was before, I've got my sights set. 3 years ago, I was nervous ....now I'm just goin' in for the kill, nerves no longer bother me. I'm going to get what I want.

Ah, let me stop lying. I still get nervous from time to time, but don't we all?

How would you explain the type of music you make?
I really can't settle for one genre. It's very different. I like to experiment with the music I make and some of it might be alternative dance, elements of dub; you know, experimental music. I've also crossed over into this type of New Wave sound. I wish I had a clearer interpretation of what my music sounds like, but you would have to listen to it for yourself to get the idea. Because if someone tells you "ummm...I make Alternative Dance, Dub, and experimental music" alone, that opens up a HUGE door of all kinds of sounds and styles of each of the genre's or subgenre's that really won't give you a clear idea. That's why I'm excited to get new music out so people do get to know me musically. It's different, it's not like what you normally hear, and that's why I think it's so special.

Some four months ago, an article emerged of you and they author wrote that your motto is ..."And if your not f-ing awesome, then move out the f-way." What made you go with this as your motto?
That's me motto! That's how I look at things. There are people stacked behind you who quite frankly might be better then you..your taking up space, your in the way, move out the way and let that next person move up. You don't deserve it if your not awesome. I go with this because I don't know, it's just how I look at things. *laughs*. I don't exactly have an explanation behind that, it's just my favorite quote, and motto. I love it.

What do you think of the current state of pop music?
I think it's really changing, it's always changing. But the politics of it is really changing now. I certainly think it's the producer era now..in my opinion... way back when, pop music was Michael Jackson, Prince, The Police and the list goes on and on. Now I feel like, pop music is swaying more toward if it's written by this person, or that person who's writing all the hits, and it's produced by this person or that person, then it's a hit. No matter who it is, and it'll get automatic, heavy radio rotation. Instead of listening to the song, I feel like people easily just look at who made the record .."oh, if it by this person then we'll play it on the radio" you know? I've had people tell me that I need to sound like this or that ..or this person...in order for me to get a "hit" and I'm just like "eh, then I don't think I want a hit so easily" *laughs* because that's really boring. And I think that's what's ruining pop music. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the art and people may think I don't like pop music, but I do when it's good, and relatable and accessible and there's occasional amazing pop songs now that I love to listen to now, but overall I think it's been really watered down and is not good for music itself right now. But it's feeding the people who's making it, so more power to them. If you have food on the table for your family and your doing what you love to do, more power to you.

Are there any inspirations you have in music right now? Some have said one of your biggest inspirations is recording artist, Stephanie Fierce. Is this true?
I absolutely love Stephanie Fierce. I feel like she's one of the main reasons why I'm here right now. She has opened so many doors for the oddballs of music because she brings pop music to new heights and makes some of her genre's brilliantly mainstream. I know people bring genr-...well at least try to bring genre's to the mainstream market and just completely ruins it, but she does it in a way that's brilliant. That actually gives me a breath of relief to give my music a shot. I up to her and I'm not ashamed to say that. I also feel like she's opened so many doors for so many people who disrespect her, she should be respected more, I would love to work with her, she's the greatest. She's accomplished a lot more than the average chick, or bloke. I also enjoy other pop acts like Vanity, who's always been really interesting and always pushing boundaries of sound and style...

What is next for you, Xena?
I'm writing and recording music! I just finished recording a song the other day that I feel needs to be released so people could really get the feel of my music. I'm so proud to say that this Aussie is ready to start this quest. I'm pretty sure there is so much more to come from me because I won't stop at anything now, I'm right where I want to be and I'm ready to climb the ladder. I'm not that cookie cutter artist, I'm really neurotic and meticulous about the music I make and I think that always pays off in the in because it shows that I love the art. So what's next, too much.

What are your goals as a musician ?
To introduce something new and fresh ...and to be respected for releasing good music. I want to be remembered for releasing songs that don't just take the easy way out of a marketable hit song because I don't care about that stuff. I want to make songs that are important to people and their actually connecting with the music and myself, as an artist continue to have real fans, and a growing fan base. That's kind of what my goal is. I can't sit here and say I don't want to be a flop, or I want to sell millions of records because I can't call that. The people do, and I won't let anyone dictate whether or not something I'm releasing will be a success or not because in the end, if I do let that happen, then the music itself won't be good. I don't want someone else to paralyze my dream or my musical style. I'm staying true to myself, because I know who I am and I'm going to make the music that I want, and hope that people like it. That's my goal.

UserPostedImage
The END
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/06/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 20/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 20/06/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#24 Posted : 19 June 2012 21:00:55(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Eilidh: Your name is super cool! Like the Warrior Princess! I love that show!

Cassie: Like I already said, I like your attitude. You seem nice, but then you seem to have an attitude that says: "You don't like me? Cést la vie!" And anyone has to respect that. Not sure about having old lady Fierce as your influence, but you certainly appear to have your head screwed on right. I can't wait to hear your music! One thing you said really hit home to me to be honest. "The age of the producer". I almost couldn't agree more. I think it's the age of the collaboration instead though. Some collaborations work in my opinion, but the vast majority are only serving to add a name to the CD cover so that people will buy it and nothing more. Anyway, can't wait for the dance dub to hit. When that beat drops, expect Cassie to be there!
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#25 Posted : 20 June 2012 01:26:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Eilidh: Your name is super cool! Like the Warrior Princess! I love that show!

Cassie: Like I already said, I like your attitude. You seem nice, but then you seem to have an attitude that says: "You don't like me? Cést la vie!" And anyone has to respect that. Not sure about having old lady Fierce as your influence, but you certainly appear to have your head screwed on right. I can't wait to hear your music! One thing you said really hit home to me to be honest. "The age of the producer". I almost couldn't agree more. I think it's the age of the collaboration instead though. Some collaborations work in my opinion, but the vast majority are only serving to add a name to the CD cover so that people will buy it and nothing more. Anyway, can't wait for the dance dub to hit. When that beat drops, expect Cassie to be there!

Xena: Yep, that's how my attitude is because I won't live my life through someone else, or someone elses vision. If they have the same vision then I do, that's a different story. We are entitled to our opinions of Stephanie, but she is an inspiration of mines and I'm proud to say it. I think your interpretation of the collaboration "age" is so true, couldn't be truer and its good to see there's someone who realizes the tricks and desperate gadgets of scoring a hit. Whatever happened to collaborating to make a good tune for the fans? Lol. When it comes to dub, you'll never hear me do the mainstream dub that has that wack and predictable "dubstep breakdown" ...when I say dub, ill put a more interesting spin on it...get what I'm sayin'? Glad your interested in me Cassie.

Ah, that Xena the warrior princess comes up so much...but I like it, it makes me feel empowered ;)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 20/06/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#26 Posted : 20 June 2012 02:42:58(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17931 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica: wow,this girl has personality by the spadeful.

nina: too right. though i cant help but be dissappointed. nobody is ever influenced by us,love.

erica: i blame our inherent laziness about recording,playing show,and all the stuff musicians are generally expected to do.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#27 Posted : 20 June 2012 03:08:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: It truly is an honor and i can see why Cassie the crybaby is so jealous cause no one looks up to her....www poor little bitch. Anyhow, I love your vision for music and if people are impressed now wait until they hear your music :)

Edited by user 20 June 2012 03:09:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Famouss7x7  
#28 Posted : 20 June 2012 04:10:35(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erica: wow,this girl has personality by the spadeful.

nina: too right. though i cant help but be dissappointed. nobody is ever influenced by us,love.

erica: i blame our inherent laziness about recording,playing show,and all the stuff musicians are generally expected to do.

Xena: You guys are just the bees knees! I hope when you say, I have personality by a spadeful, it's a good thing ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#29 Posted : 20 June 2012 04:11:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Stephanie Fierce: It truly is an honor and i can see why Cassie the crybaby is so jealous cause no one looks up to her....www poor little bitch. Anyhow, I love your vision for music and if people are impressed now wait until they hear your music :)

Xena: Wait to they hear it queen, just wait ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 20/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#30 Posted : 20 June 2012 04:12:30(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)

Lelannd: XENNNNAAAAA MY HONEY, I love that little sas in you, so appealing to me. I need a girl on my side that can be just as sassy as my ass.. you are fierce baby. giving me life right aboutt na!
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#31 Posted : 20 June 2012 04:46:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post

Lelannd: XENNNNAAAAA MY HONEY, I love that little sas in you, so appealing to me. I need a girl on my side that can be just as sassy as my ass.. you are fierce baby. giving me life right aboutt na!

Xena: Hehe, thank you. What's a girl without class, what's a girl with sass? Absolutely natta.... thanks Lelannd I want to see what you can do !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Moquel on 20/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#32 Posted : 20 June 2012 05:30:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I see a lot of attitude here, can I wait for acid songs?

Abie: I loved your hair! So straight and blond, welcome to the jungle girl ;)

Edited by user 22 June 2012 23:57:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#33 Posted : 20 June 2012 07:06:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I see a lot of attitude where, can I wait for acid songs?

Abie: I loved your hair! So straight and blond, welcome to the jungle girl ;)

Xena: Thank yous! Acid songs are always great..
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#34 Posted : 22 June 2012 03:15:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

Genre: Alternative Dance, New Wave, Reggae fusion
Release Date: June 24th, 2012
Label: Independent Release
Producers: Xena B, Johnny C.

"Dreams". I think its such a beautiful track. I think it's even more beautiful because its the calmest track that I've ever recorded. It takes a slower, more calming approach to the type of music I usually create, you know, the in your face, crazy, experimental tracks but I thought it was smarter to come out with something more toned down, yet captivating for my first release and so people know that I can actually tone things down and sing an encouraging mid tempo-ed tune. The song is about being broken down and finally being able to over come. People may trash you, throw negative comments at you, but you know what you do? You step the f*ck up, and do what you gotta do. You need to get to that dream, yourself. It has elements of New Wave, and a dance approach to it without too over the edge, mixed with guitars and synths. It's a Alternative Dance mash up and I think it's perfect to show you mates what I've been working on. I hope you all like it. Xena B is HERE!

It's pretty fucking rad that I'm releasing my first single, well, this is a promo single but it's the same thing as a single basically. This is crazy, this Australian chick, finally up and ready to rule the world. Listen Below!

"Dreams"

Every negative comment that you bring to me
Only serves to fuel the fire that’s burning deep inside of me
So when you hit me, make sure you do it right
Because it’s gonna take all you have to knock me down tonight
I’ve grown stronger and leant to deal with pain
I can take all of your negative shots over and over again

See I’ve been living in the shadows
Just afraid to show my face
Afraid to take my chances
Scared of feeling out of place
But those days have long since gone
And it’s time for you to see
That I’ll be the last one standing
In this epic blaze of glory

I’ll be the last one standing with a smile across my face
I’ll finally feel like I belong, no longer out of place
And while I’m standing in all of my glory
And your world is tearing apart at the seams
I’ll prove to you that I was right all along
For believing in a dream

So you can beat me and bruise me
You can hurt and abuse me
You can treat me like dirt and cause all kinds of hurt
You can call me a loser, you can call me a freak
You can call me pathetic, lonely and weak
You can call me whatever you would like to
But I know I’m stronger and better than you

See I’ve been living in the shadows
Just afraid to show my face
Afraid to take my chances
Scared of feeling out of place
But those days have long since gone
And it’s time for you to see
That I’ll be the last one standing
In this epic blaze of glory

I’ll be the last one standing with a smile across my face
I’ll finally feel like I belong, no longer out of place
And while I’m standing in all of my glory
And your world is tearing apart at the seams
I’ll prove to you that I was right all along
For believing in a dream

Edited by user 22 June 2012 03:20:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/06/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/06/2012(UTC), erich hess on 22/06/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#35 Posted : 22 June 2012 03:24:34(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Loved it. Really really great lyrics in there. Great work :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#36 Posted : 22 June 2012 03:27:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

OOC: Loved it. Really really great lyrics in there. Great work :)

OOC: C4AJoh did them for me :) He's amazing lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#37 Posted : 22 June 2012 03:30:50(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ooc: lol cool. Well its really good :) loved the intro with her attitude in it and stuff too. Great start with her :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 22/06/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#38 Posted : 22 June 2012 03:38:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: This is definitively an interesting sound. It sounds like it could go mainstream but it still has enough substance to be a unique sounding track. Looking forward to the rest of your music :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#39 Posted : 22 June 2012 04:39:01(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: This is definitively an interesting sound. It sounds like it could go mainstream but it still has enough substance to be a unique sounding track. Looking forward to the rest of your music :)

Xena: Coming from someone I look up to like yourself Daniel, that's a huge compliment. I'm happy your interested in what I've got!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#40 Posted : 22 June 2012 04:45:29(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17931 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erich: mmm it's like a burrito dipped in melted cheese for the ears.

karoliena: it's terrible for you?

erich: no!

karoliena: oh.it's all flaccid and eventually breaks open,spilling hot burrito innards on your hands?

erich: no! its soothing and satisfying. wrapping you ear in spicy goodness. it's warm without being too hot....now i want a burrito.

karoliena: fucking fat ass.seriously.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.