logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 14 July 2014 06:07:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Name: Cara Paige Zayn
Instagram: @Cara-Zayn
Date Of Birth: 3, July, 1994 (Age 26)
Place Of Birth: San Francisco, California, US
Residence: Santa Monica, California, US
Relationship Status: Taken
Orientation: Depends On My Mood
Occupation: A+R Rep, Blogger, Designer, Model, Talent Scout, Songwriter, Producer
Organisation(s): Songs to Love and Die By (Former), Half-Moon Productions (Former), Dirty Mouth INC
Religion: Christian
Children: No Chance
Interests: Animals, Clubs, Dancing, Drinking, Fashion, Films, Food, Hockey, Music, Photography, Piercings, Tattoos, War Paint, Wine, Wrestling, Writing
Favourite Music: ACDC, Blondie, The Clash, Guns N Roses, Iggy Pop, Joan Jett, Ramones, Rush, Sex Pistols
Estimated Worth: $64,500,000

PICTURES

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

AWARDS

FCA VII - Best Songwriter [2020]

PRODUCTION

Maddie Urie - "Warzones" (2016) [#1]
Riot! in the Boulevard - "Young Cardinals" (2019) [#1]
• Madison - "TBC" (2020)

CREDITS

Obsession (TV Series) (2015) [Writer]
AfterDark with Cara Zayn (Talk Show) (2016) [Host]
We Were Liars (Movie) (2016) [Writer]

Edited by user 30 April 2023 00:52:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 14/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 15/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC), 2001clay on 21/10/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2014 06:34:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“THE HEART OF ROCK N ROLL IS STILL ALIVE”
July 14, 2014

UserPostedImage

“I know it’s only rock and roll, but I like it!

Rock music is the greatest music genre there is, forget about your straight up commercial pop, your power ballads and your hip-hop because there’ll never be a genre that can make people feel alive quite like rock and roll. I was brought up on the genre, the power of the guitars and drums were the starting point and then when I started seeing videos of these musicians playing live as a teenager was when I became completely hooked on the genre, the power, the emotion, the passion and the erotic mystery and intrigue were what kept me in. Guitarists and drummers are the ones that do it for me, sure the frontmen are the centrepiece, the show-offs and entertainers but it’s the brooding guitarist stalking the stage with an intensity that you’ll not find anywhere else or the sheer power and relentless energy of the drummer at the back of the stage just keeping things hard and heavy, yeah that’s always been enough to get me going.

We all have our favourite aspects of the music, but people say that rock and roll is dying, that it’s been in decline since Kurt went away. I can’t say I agree with that, I believe that it’s just as alive as ever, it’s just taken a different form slightly. See instead of the Joe Perry’s, Eddie Van Halen’s and Slash’s of this world we have a different guitar sound these days, it’s filled with just as much passion but it’s of course not quite as glorious as those that have gone by. Instead we have guitarists that play with deep thought and emotion, it’s still fuelled with the same passion, it’s just channelled in a different way. The same goes for the drumming, instead of the brutality and insanity of the likes of John Bonham and Keith Moon we have professionally crafted drummers, built to last. Of course there’s the frontmen, the ones that turn decent bands into iconic bands, the Robert Plant’s, Steven Tyler’s and Axl Rose’s of the world. But instead of the sultry songs dripping in sexual metaphors and imagery we have songs of deeper levels of emotions. That’s the difference, we’ve evolved since the seventies and eighties, lyrics of wild sex are a turn on, but the beautifully emotional songs do it just as good, if not better.

And so you can look for your music in all different styles and genres, but rock music will be the one constant. Your Aerosmith’s, Guns N Roses and Zeppelin’s have all had their day, but it’s no reason to give up hope. Because there’s a lot of rock music out there right now that is just as good as anything that has gone before us, so I’ll highlight some of my own recent favourites and why they’re f*cking incredible;

Quote:
Juneau – ‘Definitely my favourite band of the moment. I predict that their debut album ‘Everywhere We’ve Ever Been’ will be one of the records of the year. They may have only streamed three tracks so far, but it’s already incredible. It feels like a summer rock record, an album best listened to on those endless summer nights, it’s the sort of record capable of mending the broken pieces of your heart and encouraging you to stand the f*ck back and live life the way that you should. Sure Dallas and Kellin get the glory, but it’s a full band effort with Josh, Ryan and Jordan providing the guts to their glory.’

Penetralia – ‘Another new band, sure their name sounds sexual but that’s just part of the charm, right ladies? ;) Nah, they’re f*cking killing it right now. While Juneau are releasing the album that fixes your heart, Penetralia released the album directly after you had your heart broken. ‘With Brave Wings’ is the album that you listen to when you want to feel emotional and you want to hate everyone despite you not quite being able to. I see both Juneau and Penetralia as the dominant forces in the rock scene for the next few years.’

My Girl Friday – ‘Straight up ‘pop-punk’, it’s fast and rapid and it’s direct to the point. It’s catchy choruses and instantly recognizable guitar riffs. They’re likely to be haunted by the ‘new-Riot!’ label until they truly prove themselves but they’re in the process of making a name all for themselves. They could get to where Riot! got to, it may take them slightly longer but they’re on their way. I work with them at ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ and they truly are just street kids that got lucky. They certainly have a promising future ahead of them’

Julia Volkova – ‘Ahhhh f*cking hell! She’s the dominant rocker chick in the industry right now, her music is filled with attitude and passion. She doesn’t have any limitations or boundaries to what she does, she’s got her own thing going on and she’s f*cking owning what she does, not many people are capable of doing it completely in their own way but Julia is definitely one of those people.’

Alex Simms – ‘Another ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ client here, Alex is the least fearful person I’ve been around, his debut album showed what he’s capable in the rock arena, his E.P which featured Nadia and Jennifer showed his potential as a crossover musician and his work alongside Julia with ‘Mutual Addiction’ helped his rock credibility once more. He’s got a powerful and unique vocal, he can hit notes that are just not possible for a dude, pretty sure he’s packing a vagina down those skinny jeans ;)’

The Enlightened – ‘Metal is always gonna have an audience, but right now it feels like ‘The Enlightened’ are flying the flag solo. They are the underdogs of the rock genre right now, they achieved the what seemed like impossible when they hit the top spot with ‘Conspiracy’ but it just proves that good music will always find a way to be heard. There’s still a sense of mystery and intrigue about the band though, and that’s a big part of their appeal’

Reported Failure – ‘They have been the one constant in recent years. The one band that just keeps pumping out the records one after the other, the next becoming more well received than the last. I hope that they will go back to the simple blueprint of alternative rock music and that Billie Beckett will cut out all the ‘Into The Wild’ bullsh*t and just become the f*cking alt-rock messiah that we all long for him to be. He’s a god among men, but in my opinion he’s starting to f*ck his reputation up with all this other crap, if you wanna live in the woods with the animals then go do that or if you wanna be a rock and roll superhero, then go do that, but you can’t f*cking have it both ways dude.’

Vile Hour – ‘It’s rock and roll and theatre all rolled into one big hot mess and they call themselves Vile Hour. For a while there they were the top alternative/rock act in the industry, it may have died down a little, but I’m sure when the next album comes around they’ll be the name on everybody’s lips. I f*cking love em’, the one thing I’m not on board with is Nichole’s eyebrows, fix them please.’

PURE – ‘Misery Loves Company was some overblown bland Americana bullsh*t, somewhere between Kings Of Leon and The Killers, but the mastermind of that band ‘Ryan Williams’ has redeemed himself fully. He’s f*cking awesome, the music that he has created with PURE is some indie rock genius, it’s all skylines and big city dreams mixed with a dash of amaretto and weed. Right now, Williams is without doubt the poster boy of rock and roll and with rumours of their next album coming soon, this could be a real ‘let’s take over the f*cking world moment’, they’re more than capable of it.’

So there’s my top picks right now, they may be obvious choices and I may have missed out on a few good shouts, but the point was to highlight that not only is rock and roll not dead, but it’s still f*cking kicking ass the only way that it knows how. But we as fans, have a major part to play in this too, It’s up to us to purchase the music, the t-shirts, the wristbands and the posters. It’s up to us to pack out the venues that these people perform in, no matter how big or how small and support them with all of the passion and enthusiasm that we can provide, because without the audiences, the music doesn’t get heard, without the fans, the bands are nothing, they’re just regular people that didn’t make it.
So now is as good a time as any to realize that rock and roll isn’t just the music in your ears and hearts, but it’s the passion and fire in your souls and it’s just down to the musicians to keep it alive, it’s down to all of us.
Peace xoxo”

- Cara

OOC: First real attempt at this sort of thing! I'm just winging it :)
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 15/07/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/07/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 15/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 15/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2014 04:11:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: “Inside”
Artist: Carmen Grant
Label: Permanent Reminder
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

“The music industry is a little f*cked up at times, but then sometimes it does surprise us when an act finally starts to get the recognition that they deserve. In January this happened to one of my favourite artists of recent times, ‘Carmen Grant’ and she’s been one of the standout stars of 2014. She released her album ‘Mercury’ and the alt-country/indie rock fused record hit the top spot, cementing Carmen’s position in the industry. As a whole the record is a beautifully crafted modern masterpiece, songs like the opening ‘Ernest Hemingway and Mabel Normand’, the bluesy influenced ‘Stop Looking’ and the records closer ‘What Are You Still Hiding?’ show the incredible storybook songwriting style of ‘Carmen Grant’, as debut records go, this is as strong as the debut efforts from legends like Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and even James Taylor and it gives Carmen the sort of platform to become a real superstar in the music business.

So let’s get to the song, her latest single ‘Inside’ is a slow and thoughtful song, emphasis placed on the story of the song and it’s honest lyrics. I might add that this is lyrically just about the best song I’ve heard all year and this sort of thing doesn’t always appeal to me. But I can appreciate the beauty of the music without having to be a fan of the style as a whole, I can appreciate great lyricists and Carmen has already proven herself to be just that. It’s an amazingly descriptive song, the opening verse shows that instantly but I gotta quickly move straight to the chorus. It’s pretty f*cking relatable to the times that we’re living in, but more importantly it tugs at your heart, part of the power of it is the simplicity of the lyrics, but Carmen’s voice brings it all to life when she sings, “I tried to come clean, but I guess it’s no use/Face is all over the six o’clock news/They cleared the streets and then they closed the schools/I can’t even get inside.” That my friend is just about as raw as you can get.

But I’m completely wrong there because she goes and does it in the very next verse, “Love, sweet boy, there’s just something I need to say to you/I'm going to have your baby this coming June/We could get a little place down by the park/You could do a little time and save my broken heart.” And the f*cked up thing is that the song is apparently a true story, it just makes it all that more beautiful I guess. It’s definitely an emotional one, best listened to on rainy winter days.

Now let me play some angry rock to wash away the sadness!”

- Cara
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 19/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/07/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2014 04:19:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: Really great review! Thank you so much for doing this! :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/07/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 20 July 2014 05:37:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Really great review! Thank you so much for doing this! :)

OOC: Not a problem! :) Also if anybody wants a song reviewed then feel free to PM me!
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 20 July 2014 19:44:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: “Scream and Shout”
Artist: Sabrina
Label: Permanent Reminder
Rating: 🌟🌟

“One of the biggest challenges that new musicians face is finding their own identity, it’s the one thing that dictates whether you’ll have longevity and success in the music industry or not. Sabrina Franc is one of those musicians that are yet to find their identity and as a result she finds herself sort of unnoticed at the moment. I can’t sugar coat things here, I don’t see Sabrina becoming a huge star in the music industry, at least based on what we’ve seen and heard from her so far, I just don’t think she has enough of an identity to make a real success of this. I’m not saying she doesn’t have ability but she’s just a middle-of-the-road EDM artist at the moment, and that genre in particular is really picking up some momentum. So really, it’s both a blessing and a curse, but right now, she’s not taking advantage of the fact that the type of music she is associated with is very much on a rise. But she’s behind her peers at the moment, in my opinion.

Her latest single ‘Scream and Shout’ is a very basic track, it’s a track that we’ve all heard hundreds of times before, it doesn’t offer anything new. It’s alright to listen to a couple of times, but it’s never gonna be a timeless classic. Lyrically there’s moments of real potential but those moments are killed just as quickly with sloppy rhymes. The hook isn’t catchy enough to make a real effect. The first verse has potential, but the track feels like it was written in far too much of a hurry to ever really make an impact.
I’m sure that the song will find a place in many bars and clubs up and down the US and it’s clearly a party song with a feel good factor to it. But I just don’t think enough time was taken on the song, there’s potential in the fact that Sabrina has a decent voice and the fact that she’s in the early stages of her career. With experience and possibly a little outside help from decent songwriters and producers then she could very well become moderately successful. But she needs to be better advised on things like this, she can’t have yes-men and kiss-asses advising her, she needs people who will let her know if something just isn’t working and help guide her a little.

I do firmly believe that there’s some potential, listening to her previous song “Better Without You” shows that there’s definitely some potential worth noting. It proves that she’s got ability as a songwriter and vocalist, but she just needs to carefully consider her “next moves”, she could have built on that previous single with a stronger track but instead it feels like the quality of ‘Scream and Shout’ has killed any momentum that she had built with her previous single. I dunno, there’s something about Sabrina that I quite like and I hope her album will prove that ‘Scream and Shout’ was just a one-off song. If she weren’t signed to a label then I’d definitely look at her.”

- Cara
thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/08/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 20 July 2014 21:10:45(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: Yay my first review. Thank you so much.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/07/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 03 August 2014 00:06:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“THIS IS OUR ENDLESS SUMMER”
August 2, 2014

UserPostedImage

“What a f*cking incredible summer it has been so far!

Granted, I’ve spent a hell of a lot of it away from home but it’s been insane all the same. I’ve been travelling mostly around the US and Canada, some of Australia, couple days in New Zealand and two weeks over in the UK. At this point, I’m very much feeling like one badass gypsy. But despite the great stories and memories that the travelling creates, there is no replacement for spending evenings bathed underneath the fading sun with friends. We crack a few bottles and blaze up, turn the dial loud and dance like f*cking crazy, we laugh and tell stories, we eat and we screw around a little and those nights are the ones that we hope never ends and when they do, we pray that it can be replicated soon!

I’ve been working my ass off at the label while that red-haired one finishes up her world tour and in the next couple of months you’ll all be seeing the results of that hard work come to fruition. Not gonna lie, the work that I’m paid to do with the record label is beyond a f*cking dream, essentially I’m tasked with going to gigs and checking out the talent on show, filing a report on the show and my thoughts on the acts that I’ve seen and delivering it to Meyer and Fallon, and the rest of my time is spent working hanging out with those bands/acts that we’re looking at, pretty f*cking cool!
We’re always looking to add to the label and Dead Roses are the latest additions to ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ and we’re so f*cking stoked to have those dudes on board. We’re working on bringing a couple more pretty awesome people to the label too, ya’ll will just have to wait and see what happens though! ;)
But the real work is coming up with the launch of Half-Moon Clothing, it’s shaping up quite nicely, we’re working hard on the designs with the ambition to create an instantly recognizable imprint, but more of that will be coming from Meyer when she gets her ass back over to the states!

So now that the ‘business’ is out of the way, I’m gonna circle back to my original topic! … Summer, yeah it’s the highlight of the year, it’s the time when memories are created and fun is there for all to be had. Music plays a huge part in it too though, we all have songs that soundtrack moments of our lives and I’m gonna share a couple of songs from this year that have truly soundtracked my summer so far;

Quote:
Liyah – B.L.O.W (feat. Vanity)

“Let’s face it, there’s been plenty of rap and hip hop around the industry recently, thankfully this great genre has regained credibility since the bullsh*t beefs and diss tracks have stopped (And Sonyae disappeared, always a f*cking bonus) and the real talents of the genre have taken it upon themselves to prove that it can be revitalised in a positive way. This track highlights that to me, this is my favourite song of this summer so far, combining both Liyah and Vanity seems like it wouldn’t work but it works in the most brilliant of ways, Vanity can make any hook or chorus work and this one is just f*cking perfect for her attitude and style, can’t help but sing along ‘Watch this for me, you can get front row/If you don’t like it, I got something you can blow!’ … perfect!
But it’s the verses from Liyah that make it too, she proves she can now stand alongside a legend like Vanity and hold her own, she shows her own attitude on the track and having seen her perform the song live a bunch of times this summer at Warped just shows me that she’s at the top of her field right now, she’ll dominate for the next couple of years, ain’t no doubting that one, we’ve got a future superstar right here!”

PURE – Stay Awake

“PURE are a band that aren’t always spoken about a lot, they realize some of the best music around and just sort of do their own thing because they can. Their latest song ‘Stay Awake’ is a hugely relatable one, we all love those crazy nights that we spend inside, laughing, drinking and smoking the night away and ending up one some strangers bedroom floor, not exactly sure how we got there! This is a song that brings to mind those evenings. The opening to the song is also one of my favourites, ‘Baby moves with a pretty face/A few hits and she’s in space/Everything she does is so cool/Been f*cking around since she left school’. I’ll always back this band, simply because they’re the most unique guitar band that there has been in quite some time.”

Yasmine – Losing My Religion

“This may not have been a single but it’s a f*cking brilliant song! I’m not gonna lie, I don’t know too much about Yasmine, I listened to a bunch of songs from Old Mattresses and I thought it was an awesome record. But it’s this track that stood out for me and I found myself falling in love with. We’ve all been screwed over and I’m sure quite a few of us have screwed someone over, it sucks on both sides, the former more than the latter obviously and this song has a line that hits you, it f*cking hits you hard when Yasmine sings, ‘So I sit and ask myself/How? Flings that take minutes can outdo pure love?’ and boom, a million broken hearts just took another dose of pain. Sometimes you need songs like this though, if anything just prove that you still have a heart beating inside of you.”

James Urie – Better Than Hell

“Okay, so this one is a sort of tricky one. James knows what he’s f*cking doing, he’s got the blueprint for his music down to a tee and he’s gonna keep at that sh*t until stops working. It’s not a bad thing, I have no qualms in saying that ‘Riot!’ did the exact same thing on their first three albums, it works! It’s f*cking annoying, but it works. One line that I need to pick out though, ‘High on spirit, saw it in me/But we never mixed so gracefully/It’s always me who suffers the aftermath.’ And, so the theme may be the same, but the little things like that make it work for him, he’s given us another lyric to hold on to and that’s always the sign of a great song. [Side note; James, you could do nasty things to me, I’d be cool with that ;)]”

So, there you have it! Those are the four tracks that have stood out for me this summer, I’m pretty sure that a lot of you will have your own different choices, but that’s a good thing, it’s all about what relates to you, the important thing is that you have music that you can listen to in a few years and have it take you back to a time that you have great memories of, after all, one thing I’ve learnt is that you can’t recreate those incredible moments in your life, but you can remember them fondly!
I’m done talkin’ now, peace xoxo”

- Cara

Edited by user 03 August 2014 03:02:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/08/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 04/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 04 August 2014 05:12:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Jerry: Damn look at that ass!!!!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 07/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#10 Posted : 04 August 2014 06:32:35(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: I love this girl. Two great reviews is very pleasing. It's always nice to hear that your music sticks with someone and that it's something they can relate to. Thank you ever so much, peach.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#11 Posted : 04 August 2014 07:11:26(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Andreas Nedland: Jesus! I just can't stop watchin that photo...
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 08 August 2014 23:24:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Jerry: Damn look at that ass!!!!!

Cara: Yeah ... feel free to continue, child!
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 08 August 2014 23:25:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: I love this girl. Two great reviews is very pleasing. It's always nice to hear that your music sticks with someone and that it's something they can relate to. Thank you ever so much, peach.

Cara: No problem brotha! Gotta give props where it's deserved! ;)
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 08 August 2014 23:27:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Realms Of Darkness Go to Quoted Post
Andreas Nedland: Jesus! I just can't stop watchin that photo...

Cara: Always happy to please! ;)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 18/08/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 17 August 2014 21:09:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT HERE, YOU WON’T MAKE IT THERE”
August 17, 2014

UserPostedImage

“F*ck yeah! Let’s get this sh*t started!

I wanna take a quick second to talk about myself, (I know, f*cking ego-trip, right?) … see, this was never my dream. I’m not gonna lie to you, I dreamt of being in a band, becoming a Rockstar, touring the world, sleeping in vans and prowling around the stage like some leather-clad goddess. But I had to be honest with myself and I can’t sing for sh*t! To be fair, it sort of brings to mind the MCR video for I’m Not Okay. ‘I don’t wanna make it. I just wanna …’ haha but hey, here I am and I’m f*cking happy because I’m doing things that I never looked at as an option for myself. The point I’m trying to make is that sometimes we don’t get exactly what it is that we want, and instead we stumble into other things and sometimes the stumble can become a great thing for us.
Anyway, that’s my little motivation part over with, now onto other things!

Firstly, it looks like we’re gonna have another awards show coming up with the ‘Fan Choice Awards’. I’ll be completely honest with you all on this one, I ain’t a fan of awards shows. Awards shows are now and have always been ego-centric bullsh*t in my opinion and that’s just my own personal feelings towards em’. And that’s all fine and dandy cause I’ll not be invited to any of them anyway, I’d rather not be to be honest, I’d rather not sip champagne, watching some pop-superstar half-ass their way through a live performance and talk to people that I really cannot stand.
See I don’t like the aesthetics of the whole award show thing, what they stand for. From my point of view, they’re never truly about recognizing the talent, dedication and passion of those that make music. Nah, it’s just another excuse for people to add something to their list of accolades that they can use against people when similarly pointless assholes question their achievements and worthwhileness in the industry.
Also Sexiest Male/Female and Favourite Couple, the f*ck has that got to do with anything in the grand scheme of things, I mean really? That’s something that has f*cking bothered me for years, who comes up with those categories, sort yourself out you bunch of morons! One plus however, is the fact that you have Suzie co-hosting the event, she’s bound to get all kinds of sh*t because of it, but I’m gonna say it right now, I f*cking love that woman. You can throw anything at her and she will not give the slightest f*ck, yanno what, she’s still here and she may not be able to sing for sh*t but she’s strong and she’s got a carefree attitude which I just love! So although I’m not on board with the show, I’m backing Suzie to be the highlight of it, I’m sure she’s gonna f*ck sh*t up and that will be interesting. Just do ya thing, bitch! ;)

Anyway, I’m done hating on that award show nonsense, if you really wanna celebrate the talented hard workers of the industry, then find a local music venue and watch some bands you’ve never heard of before, support them as wildly and passionately as you possibly can (without getting kicked out of the venue) and do that sh*t all over again the very next night. So if you really need to, then go enjoy your f*cking awards and claim that it’s for the people, voted by the people, to celebrate the talented stars of the industry. Just know that at it’s core, it’s very much hyperbolic nonsense.
… F*cking hell Cara, bitter much?

Alright, I’mma run through a couple of music related items that interests me. The Reported Failure ROME Tour kicked off in Brazil, already after a couple of shows under the belt, Billie and the boys have been earning rave reviews! I got my tickets booked for the following shows, Paris (August 17), Los Angeles (September 4), Rome (November 15) all courtesy of those sexy motherf*ckers from ‘Penetralia’, the only stipulation being that I have to watch Koda and the gang perform ;/ … Glamazon has been streaming her latest album ‘After Hours’, f*cking f*ck f*ck f*ck it’s unbelievable how she can even continue to maintain this crazy ass level of creativity and productivity, she’s a shining example to everybody in the industry, how many albums is that now? Just beautiful!
James Urie had better not be turning into some male Cinzia Ricci, after I heard he is featured on some Synth-Pop track I almost died inside, but turns out it’s actually pretty awesome and never thought it’d be possible, but he sounds even sexier than before, credit to him for taking the risk, it paid off greatly! ... Pretty Little Freaks, I’m always envious of because I just wanna be in their band, so their latest song ‘One of the Boys’ just kinda cements that even more, it’s such a great track, exactly the sort of thing that I love from my music, it’s not just another song, there’s something more to it and Jennifer was actually pretty awesome on the track too!

Alright, I’m done talkin’ now! Peace and love and all that sh*t! Xoxo”

- Cara Zayn
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/08/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 17/08/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 18/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/08/2014(UTC)
Offline dohaihoangnam  
#16 Posted : 17 August 2014 21:59:18(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Reese: FINALLY! Finally someone agrees with me about the Sexiest Male/Female and Favorite Couple! I don't even know what the f*ck they're trying to pull when they decided to add those dumb categories. No offense to the hard-working awards show organizers out there, but y'all need to get your sh*t together and get your heads out of your asses 'cause Sexiest categories aren't doing anyone a favor.
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 18 August 2014 06:04:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dohaihoangnam Go to Quoted Post
Reese: FINALLY! Finally someone agrees with me about the Sexiest Male/Female and Favorite Couple! I don't even know what the f*ck they're trying to pull when they decided to add those dumb categories. No offense to the hard-working awards show organizers out there, but y'all need to get your sh*t together and get your heads out of your asses 'cause Sexiest categories aren't doing anyone a favor.

Damion: I dont know what the fuck you were trying to pull off with those horrid Beyonce covers you called yourself releasing. That didn't do anyone a favor but it did make you the laughing stock of the industry

Edited by user 18 August 2014 06:12:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 21 August 2014 06:03:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“YOUR LOVE’S A F*CKING DRAG!”
August 20, 2014

UserPostedImage

“F*ck it, time for another blog!

It occurred to me that there ain’t much information on my website here, so I figured I’d use my latest blog as an opportunity for you all to get to know the ‘real’ me a little more, I’m sure those of you that have read my other posts will have already formed some sort of opinion on me and have already decided whether you like me or not, I don’t care which decision you’ve managed to settle on, but f*ck it, if you’re still reading then I’m sure it’s because you want to!

So here we go! I was born in 1992, July 3 at 11:54pm (F*cking so close to being an independence day child, boo hoo ;( ), born in St Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, California, the first and only child of a couple of uncontrollable souls Beth and Neil. I kinda f*cked up their plans a little though, they basically used to follow this group of local bands all around the country but that all stopped when they found out they were gonna become parents to this bundle of joy! Nah, I gotta say though, I f*cking love Beth and Neil, they got their sh*t together for me and although I was never planned or even wanted they gave up the life that they lived however screwed up it was in order to give me the sort of life that they never had as kids. So a quick little cluster of information, My mom and dad were part of that 80’s rock and metal scene, the big hair and spandex and all the sh*t that came from that. I’ve been told countless times that I was actually conceived backstage at the music venue ‘The Fillmore’. It’s pretty awesome if it’s true, can’t say I believe em’ though!

I was an unexpected arrival to say the least, Beth and Neil were probably one of the least well equipped couples to bring a kid into the big wide world. But low and behold, they managed to do it! Sure, they hit a couple of road-blocks along the way. Fell back into old habits briefly, which resulted in maybe two weeks spent in temporary care in total, but f*cking hell, two weeks out of 17 years is quite an achievement for them! They’ve both had their battles with alcohol and drugs from time to time and sh*t like that, but for the most part they did everything right. I can’t ever hold any grudges against em’, I ain’t gonna be some edgy scene kid that f*cking hates their parents, they did the best job they could and I’m actually proud of what they did and what they gave for me, wouldn’t change a thing because it shaped the person that I became ... And I’m certain that the person I became is far from perfect, but I’m happy with how she turned out ;)

I can’t talk about what sort of child I was, to be honest I don’t remember an awful lot of it, I guess I was just your normal kid. As a teenager though, yeah I remember those days! I think I was mostly described by teachers as a tearaway, I caused problems at school when I decided to actually show up. I’m being honest, I think I learnt more about the world by not going to school than I did by going to school, I think they call it street smarts! But yeah, I didn’t like school, I wasn’t a fan of the rules and dicatorship that teachers felt they had.
There was this sh*tty run down old skate-park about half a mile away from school and a group of us used to hang out there most of the time, there was about thirteen to fifteen of us that used to gather, typical picture really, you had the guys either skating or playing basketball and the girls smoking and flirting. Looking back I think we grew-up a little too quickly. That place was the meca for us though, it was a really important place for us and a place that even to this day brings back an immense amount of memories.

Everything we learned came from that same place. All of my major firsts happened at that same place, my first kiss, my first cigarette, my first drink, my first heartbreak and I ain’t proud of it, but my first sexual encounter. It was at the age of fifteen, an August night, we had drank a couple and smoked a little and as our friends left one by one, it was just the two of us left, we found an area behind the bleachers and that was when things really changed, it was an awakening.
I was never unpopular in high school, but everybody faces judgement in that environment, I know some of you that are still currently in high school will be dealing with the exact same sh*t, and I’ve gotta say that the best thing I ever did was adopt a carefree attitude. I kinda though, it’s my life and I’ll live it the way that I choose, what other people think and say cannot effect how I feel about the way I choose to live my life and that’s the attitude that i’ve carried throughout the years.

Of course high school is where you discover your own personality and music played a major part in that for me, obviously my parents were both heavily into rock music and so that was passed on to me. I got a bass guitar when I was thirteen and an electric when I was fifteen, I played with friends a lot at first and I harboured dreams of being a rock front woman but I didn’t have the ability or dedication needed to make it. I’ll always have those dreams in my heart, they don’t just die, but I know they’ll not happen and that in a way is a great thing, because I then got the motivation to find other things that I enjoyed. I stumbled into my current jobs by complete accident, but it’s a great thing.
I’m not gonna bore you all with how I managed to get a job at ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ as an A+R girl and talent scout, that story will be for another day! But I have to say that it’s a job that has been a major gift for me, the fact that everything has fallen into place around that job for me is awesome and I’ve somehow been given the freedom to express myself in other ways and the opportunity to put my own stamp into the record label, pretty ace!

My interest generally centre around music, but as my homepage shows you, there’s a bunch of other things that I have interest in. Music and Fashion have gone from being just an interest to becoming a job. It’s a shame drinking can’t be turned from interest to work too but f*ck it, you can’t win all the time. I’m very much your regular 22 year old, I’m a big sports fan, Hockey and Basketball go top of my list alongside Wrestling and UFC for entertainment. I’m an individuality enthusiast and an advocate of tattoo and piercings. I can be both the most caring person in the world and the most heartless, just depends on my mood I guess, basically I have a heart but I like to keep it hidden. I’m not convinced in true love just yet, at least not the Nicholas Sparks or Disney version that we get force fed, I think passion comes first and then when that dies out you just have love, it’s boring and comfortable.
I’m not a fan of comfort and peacefulness, I think it’s a little too much like giving up. I have low tolerance for guys and tend to get bored easily. I tend to prefer not being in a relationship, I like the freedom and fun of the single life rather than the familiarity of a relationship. I’m very open-minded and have experimented in the past, turns out chicks reaaaally know how to please you, buts it’s too much hard work dealing with emotions. So I may be wrong, but f*ck it, I think life’s better without commitment. Who knows, maybe I’ll change my mind when I become thirty or something ... Doubt it! ;)
Well ... I guess that’s me! Peace xoxo”

- Cara-Zayn

Edited by user 21 August 2014 06:20:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 21/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 21/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/08/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/08/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 17 November 2014 00:07:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“THESE BIG CITY DREAMS ARE WHAT YOU’RE ABOUT”
November 16, 2014

UserPostedImage

“Good morning my sexy little zayniacs!

It’s Sunday and naturally that is a day to rest and recuperate from the exhaustions of your Saturday nights, however you choose to spend em’! Whether that’s in a stupor alcohol and bad decisions, whether it’s the truths that you’ve spilled out to a best friend at three in the morning or a sexual encounter which has left you in a state of desperation for another fixation. Whatever path your Saturday evenings have taken, it’s imperative for the Sunday recovery and we stand together as one in that frame of mind. But there are times when you’ll need to power through, find the energy to continue onwards on your journey towards building an empire for yourself and today is one of those days.
See, I’d love nothing more than to spend the day under my bed covers, but time doesn’t stop for anybody. So in the earliest hours of this brisk New York City morning I headed through Tribeca, West Broadway and finally arrived on 6th Avenue, Manhattan to the home of ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ the record label where I’ve been working at for four months now and I quickly realized to myself that this isn’t just a job or one foot in the industry as I saw it in the beginning, this is now my very own labour of love. This position has become an addiction for me, constantly thinking about every aspect of my role at the label and what I can do to continue to push the label forward ... What have I become?

So I’m joined on this cold morning by a bottle of MateFit tea and the company of one Amy Meyer (she says hello btw) as we begin sharing a months work of expansion ideas for the label. Unsigned acts that we should be looking closely at are top of the agenda. As always we end up trailing off into a conversation about acts that we’d love to have join us at the label but are otherwise tied down. We are dreamers, but of course we aren’t in the business of thievery so they will remain things that just continue to play out in our minds. The aim has always been to have a a deep and productive roster and those that are currently signed continually impress and give us immense amounts of pride. It’s just a pleasure to even be associated with these people on a regular basis.
But time doesn’t stop for anybody and today we are finalising our expansion plans. More information will come from Amy in regards to that, so as I pack up and head out to San Diego, California for the next week, a business trip that I’m insanely excited about I leave you on the teaser that there will be plenty of ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ related news coming to you all very soon. So keep an eye out for that. Embrace the innovative music that is around right now. Spend your days filled with extreme passion for whatever you’re doing and I’ll see you all very soon!
Peace! Xoxo”

- Cara Zayn
BrownSugar on 17/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/11/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 27 November 2014 06:41:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“IF YOU CAN’T HANG THEN, THERE’S THE DOOR”
November 26, 2014

UserPostedImage

“Your revolution begins with you!

Oh, please forgive me for having ideas way above my station, for I’m just a hapless nobody immune to dreams and ambition ... You know what, f*ck it. I have my head way up there in the clouds, I have for as long as I can remember, sure I have limitations, we all f*cking do but I also have a work ethic which means that as long as I have a dream in my heart and in my mind then I’m almost 100% I can achieve it.
I stepped into the ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ offices at the beginning of July and begun a role that I’ve taken on with so much passion that I didn’t even realize I had and I’ve watched things and listened to things over the months while working at that label, so much so that within that first month I had the arm of a certain red-haired go-getter placed around my shoulder and she was telling me that ‘I’m gonna take you under my wing’ and talking to me about how ‘in a couple of months you’re gonna be practically running this place’ and so I arrived into the offices everyday from then on with the eagerness of being taught everything.

You know, this has nothing to do with inexperience or age or credibility or any of that sh*t and you can say what you wanna say and that’s fine, we’re all entitled to our own opinions and it’s up to myself and Faith in this case to prove you wrong. Hey, I’m not saying this will be an overwhelming success, we very well may fall flat on our asses and have to get Amy to step in and clean up the mess and if that happens which I know it won’t, but if it does happens then I’ll throw my hands up and say ‘okay, you were right; I failed but you’re still a prick’. So I’mma let those people that wanna talk sh*t online say whatever it is that they wanna say, that’s fine, freedom of speech and all of that jazz but just allow me to express mine ... See, you’ve done nothing to truly warrant that messiah complex that you carry around with you and sure you’re an internet darling (let’s face it, aren’t we f*cking all these days) with your followers and your trending and your views and your hastags and all of these meaningless false senses of accomplishments while I’m actually out there living my own life, minding my own business and chasing my own dreams. So feel free to sit behind your keyboard and moniter the situation, hell you can even have a f*cking commentary desk outside of the building and you can provide the play-by-play of the situation just waiting around for everything to fail just so you can say I told you so.
But when it becomes clear that we haven’t ran the label into the ground and we’ve actually done a good job, you won’t hear me standing on top of the f*cking building screaming, ‘I’m the queen of the world’, nah, I’ll be inside that building, continuing to live my own life, mind my own f*cking business and chase my own dreams.

So with that crap out of the way I’d like to just take a quick moment to talk about this exciting new challenge. I never expected to be in this situation, I’ll tell you right now that I’m not technically qualified for this, but then again ... Neither was Amy when she started it from the ground up. She has an insane passion for music, I like to think that I have that same level of passion for music. It’s the one constant, the light that has guided me out of my darkest moments and the energy that has fuelled the greatest moments of my life so far. I’ve been obsessed with music for as long as I can remember, I’ve travelled with sh*tty bands that never made it and I’ve been in the crowd for the collosal giants of the music industry. My love of music spans beyond genres and is based around feeling and emotion and that is what music is at it’s very core and that’s what music should be at it’s very core and if I can in some way help launch the careers of a future musical juggernaught or even just support those acts that are already hugely established at this label so much so that they can just go out and do what it is that they do best then I’ll consider this a success.
So there’s a new dawning at the label and I’m so excited to begin this new role and work alongside the best acts in the industry right now.
This can be a revolution, if you want it to be.”

- Cara-Zayn
snap_itshannah on 27/11/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/11/2014(UTC)