logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 02 October 2014 15:02:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Release Date: 10/5/14
Genre: R&B, Trap
Songwriters: Cassie Valentine, Kidd Amaze, Dominic Brown
Label: FREEDOM
Producers: Detail, Jerome Harmon, Boots

It's officially the month of October and it seems that new music releases are in no way ready to make a stop. The fourth quarter of a year is always looked at as one of the most important as it seems this is the time to shoot out singles to get ready to make an impact for the next year and in our industry the singles and releases just keep on coming. One specific artist who has promised us a new album for 2015 would be R&B star Cassie Valentine! Now if you know of Cassie Valentine then you know of the major impact she made last year with her long awaited sophomore effort "Love&War". The album, which was in the making for a long time following her 2011 debut album after facing constant push backs and delays due to different scenarios finally got a release on December 1st, 2014. The album was helmed by her big hit "Single (Go)" which became the starlet's second number one single following the albums first single that was release almost a year before in "If You Don't Love Me Leave". Love&War proved to be a hotly contested album and a major success, topping the album charts for two weeks. Following the album, Cassie embarked on her first world tour and released two more singles from the album. The first being the critically acclaimed and emotional "I'm Scared" followed by her last single release and the final from the album in "Hearts" that experienced a release six months ago.

After Hearts, Cassie got back in the studio wasting no time in writing and recording for her third studio album promising a new record for 2015. She felt it was the least she could do as her fans waited so long for Love&War. Cassie explained that she would totally try new things for the album and just let loose so to say. She went on to explain that all her album were mainly serious and she was no longer in that space. She feels happy, free and generally in a good place and that would reflect on the new album. She also explained that she wanted to work on having a bigger sound with this record and not staying solely to R&B and soul. Of course that would be her main forte but to bring in other elements for something fresh as it's her third album.

Just weeks ago Cassie tweeted that she was almost done with the album and said there would be a new single in late October. She explained that the title of the song was "Choke" but sadly, as September went on, there was no sign of the single and many of Cassie's fans started to feel like it was just an empty promise until Cassie said she pushed the album back a bit for a special reason and it seems we will be getting to know exactly why today as the single and done and ready for release! "Choke" is the newest single by R&B Starlet Cassie Valentine that will be released on October 5th, 2014 through FREEDOM and features verses from Urban acts Kidd Amaze and Dominic Brown. The record was recorded in August of 2014 with just solo Cassie but Kidd Amaze and Dominic Brown was contacted to be on the track in September and it seems that was the reason why the song was pushed back the week that it was.

The record was produced by producer Detail, Jerone Harmon and Boots and took about three days to record and finish and is looked at as Cassie's biggest sounding song as well as one of her most suggestive, dance-able and free spirited feeling records. "Choke" goes on for a length of 4:30 seconds with the radio edit being 3:40 and both Dominic and Kidd amaze show their suggestive lyrics in spit fire verses where Dominic Brown starts things off, then Cassie sings seductively and belts out the extremely catchy chorus showing just how much of a powerful vocal she has on each of the choruses and Kidd Amaze spitting is verse right before the chorus. The R&B/Trap jam is about choking on someones love as Cassie explores female sexuality, although some may suggest that the song is hinting at something else and is an double entendre to something much more raunchy, but that's up for debate really.

The track starts off right away with Dominic Brown taking the center stage. Over a backing beat that has a heavy bass, skittering drums, some finger snaps and syths. It may come as a surprise to here Dominic Brown rapping but he shines over the beat and sounds as if he's been rapping his whole career, that or either he's finally letting out his secret talent. Dominic Brown sounds confident as he raps about love and even gets a beat sexual. The beats keep ringing throughout until Dominic finishes his last lines as he final vocal sways off. Soon as he is done, heavy synths come in with the same beat, as Cassie starts singing. She sounds very sensual and concentrated, so much to the point where it almost feels like she's singing to you, the listener. Cassie starts singing about a male who seems to bring out the best in her whether or not it's sexually or not and she seems to be so consumed with his love. Right before the chorus, the song loses it's bass and sounds as if it's rising when she belts out "And I am weak, I am weaken for you" the song then soars production wise into a bass filled, synth trap concoction of R&B and pop where Cassie really shows off her vocal ability in this catchy track.

Cassie belts out the beginning parts "And it catches in my thro-o-oat,And I cho-o-oke.|I get high, so high,And I'm notcoming down.|It catches inside|And I'm so exposed to you.|Damn it, I've fallen." After singing that part two times over the blaring production, but Cassie is very well heard and does not once get lost in the production with her vocals. The sounds in the song along with Cassie's vocals are perfect for making a person want to dance, have sex or even go hard at the gym. As the song rides out of the first chorus, things calm down again and Cassie starts the next verse, now, she doesn't exactly sing but instead brings on a rapping vibe as she continues to talk about this guy that she seems to be infatuated with. Cassie sounds confident, sexy and in love when rap/singing these lyrics. She continues on the next chorus where the song breaks back into the very memorable chorus. After that however, Urban star Kidd Amaze comes on with her very noticeable flow. He spits a hot verse like Dominic. Kidd Amaze makes a set of metaphors that hint at a consensual love or sex relationship with a female. After he finishes, the song breaks into the chorus once more, followed by a bridge where Cassie throws in some lyrical content and makes metaphors to describe how she feels about the guy and ends it off with saying "I'm not fighting you" before the song breaks in the final big chorus until the song comes to a stop

It's crazy how it's already about to be time for album three! But I'm excited! And especially for this single right here. This track is a monster... we been plannin' this for a long time and is really my first record that you can really just vibe out to and dance to. The album has those heart pulling songs on it but I wanted to come out with something much different and bigger in sound. You know? That free spirited type of love and attitude? This is definitely the one. I love this song and Dominic Brown and Kidd Amaze got on it and killed it both. I hope you all love it too.

DOMINIC BROWN
Every freaking night and every freaking day
I wanna freak you baby in every freaking way
The way your body move your so in shape
I’m so lost in your love; I can’t escape
....So baby girl lets do it...
She say she love my wood and I aint talking broomstick
I do it right she be feeling like a new chick
The brain make her crazy she a lunatic
And she be holding on; she got a tight grip
Cuz she my sundae and I’m her cool whip
So I just sprinkle my love; so amusing
So baby girl lets vibe to the music
Together we shine; similar to diamonds
And then I keep her on lock like Riker’s Island
So forget them haters they just wildn
Cuz we gotta strong connection like Verizon

-

I wouldn't say I'm any less of a woman,
In fact, you kinda bring her out of me.
And maybe now I'm a little less innocent,
But this pleasure is guilty.
I don't sleep when you're still awake,
We go 'til morning with the love we make.
I've been searching for something,
But I know the answer,
It's screaming your name.

And I am weak, I weaken for you.

And it catches in my thro-o-oat,
And I cho-o-oke.
I get high, so high,
And I'm not coming down.
It catches inside
And I'm so exposed to you.
Damn it, I've fallen.
(2x)

I've never tasted something this good,
You've drugged me, and I'm drinkin' it.
I've never felt that part of me awaken,
But these passions are no secret.
You really bring out the best in me,
You take the flaws and make them amazing.
There's no question now
That I'll do anything
To keep you around.

And I get weak, I weaken for you.

And I cho-o-oke.
I get high, so high,
And I'm not coming down.
It catches inside
Damn it, I've fallen.
(2x)

KIDD AMAZE
I see you there girl, better watch how I bring something new
Under this nice guy I show you thing you never knew
I got the change up, hope you ready for this
Put it down the lane, it just might give you fits
That g-series recover, cause I'm not gonna quit
You can say this the best of,cause I got all the hits
Plus, I aim to please I never giving you the same look
One of a kind experience that will catch anyone shook
Prepare for it make sure you got your mind right
stock up and have the candles, cause it going to be a long night
Oh, You say you never, you just going lie
While wait until the last moment, then give that college try
Cram all you can but this not something to blinding attempt
You going to have to go hard until you get a limp
And they said that all it's takes it practice
You were try to put me under like a baptist

And I cho-o-oke.
I get high, so high,
And I'm not coming down.
It catches inside
Damn it, I've fallen.
(2x)

Damn it, I’ve fallen.
I’ve fallen.

You're the words to my song.
You're the truth to my lies.
You're the smoke on my water.
You're the pill to my high.
Come be the ring on my finger,
'Cause you're the meaning of my life.
I'm not fighting you.

And I cho-o-oke.
I get high, so high,
And I'm not coming down.
It catches inside
Damn it, I've fallen.
(2x)

Damn it, I’ve fallen.
I’ve fallen.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 02/10/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 03/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2014 10:47:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Tatiana: You better saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang about that dick girl, I see you ;) I'm just messing with you! This is a nice little song though, makes me wanna SURFBOARDT all around my house. And you know Kidd Amaze just does something to a female vagina. Dominic too. Lawd have mercy on me tonight.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 03/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 03 October 2014 10:54:23(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Dominic: So they can go ahead and just hand over the Grammy now lol. I'm playing but I had mad fun with yall in the studio. Kidd
Amaze got a hella sick flow and Cassie, your voice is amazing girl lol.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/10/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 03 October 2014 10:58:20(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: Yes Cassie girl this song is amazing, all three of you together is genius!

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 03/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/10/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 03 October 2014 23:29:03(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Didn't I say we were going to work together, and boom. Cassie was amazing again, and I found out me and dominic can't be in the same room cause that is too much sexy in one room to hold for long.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2014 01:35:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Tatiana: You better saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang about that dick girl, I see you ;) I'm just messing with you! This is a nice little song though, makes me wanna SURFBOARDT all around my house. And you know Kidd Amaze just does something to a female vagina. Dominic too. Lawd have mercy on me tonight.

Cassie: Guuuuuuuurl get yo head the gutta! Hahaha! Thanks beautiful and yes I know. They're both taken though, but that's no surprise right? ;)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Dominic: So they can go ahead and just hand over the Grammy now lol. I'm playing but I had mad fun with yall in the studio. Kidd
Amaze got a hella sick flow and Cassie, your voice is amazing girl lol.

Cassie: You shouldn't be playing Dom. We did this though!! Lol you and Kidd both killed it thanks again for being part of this ;)

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: Yes Cassie girl this song is amazing, all three of you together is genius!

Cassie: Thanks daaarlin. Your new music is slaying right now. Glad you like this xoxox

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: Didn't I say we were going to work together, and boom. Cassie was amazing again, and I found out me and dominic can't be in the same room cause that is too much sexy in one room to hold for long.

Cassie: Lol thank you boooo! I know, I'm sure this definitely won't be the last time we do something. We just make good music together. Its inescapable! Lol

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 05/10/2014(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2014 02:30:17(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
OOC: YASS to this RP! you killed it, lyrics and description. Flows well!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 05 October 2014 02:26:01(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
OOC: YASS to this RP! you killed it, lyrics and description. Flows well!

OOC: Thank youuuuuuu xoxo :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage