logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2015 09:04:27(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Release: 24 January 2015
Recorded: 2013 - 2014
Length: 48:00
Label: Studio 60
Genre(s): Alternative Hip Hop, Alternative electronic music, Trip Hop, Deep House, Synthpop, New Disco
Featuring Artists: Liyah, Kidd Amaze, Matt Young
Producer(s): Groove In Downtown, Kidd Amaze, The Vibrator, ElectroLightz, Matt Young
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b), Nate Alexander, Kidd Amaze, Liyah, Matt Young, Lilly Stuart
Executive Producer: Groove In Downtown

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

After having achieved success with his mainstream work as a DJ, Drake Anton Zaslavsky started to feel the urge to go back to his underground musical roots in New York scene and started to work on some songs that weren’t friendly to his work as mISTER_b. In the middle of the promotion of his debut album, he started to work secretly in some new music, first expect to feature on his second solo album, but the music he was making was heavily inspired in Hip Hop and underground electronic music, hardly different from his progressive house first album. So he was obeyed to leave those new music aside and focus on his mainstream career. He kept the songs secretly, till he finally decided to reveal to his manager and record label, he was not making new mISTER_b’s music anytime soon. The quality of that underground music he was working on was very well received by the label’s executives, he then received free card to work in a full album. Drake had a conversation with his manager and together they decided to find a singer who would form with Drake a duo in respect to the fans that he had already conquered with his progressive house beats, they decided to make a side project other than just name it as mISTER_b.
During a studio section, Drake met Nate Alexander and invited him to record some vocals for his ‘secret project’, the experience of recording with Nate was really well productive, Drake decided to make a former invitation and together they would form ‘Groove In Downtown’. But it took over an year to work and record the tracks, Drake was in a tight schedule due to his work as a producer and obviously he spent the whole year of 2014 touring with his main DJ career. Between announcing the project in a radio interview and finally releasing it, it took over eight month till the fans could hear the track ‘Can I Exist?’.
The reception was overwhelming. The single peaked at the top 3 in the world charts on both digital and airplay formats, the music video surpassed the 100 milion views in one month, the visual aspect of the project was inspired by the work of Ernest Zacharevic who was also invited to make the artwork and the video of the first single. Ernest travel the world painting the walls of the biggest metropolis, he often paints children playing around in between the cracks of the walls adding a real object to the painting, so if you look straight to it at some distance the painting looks real. Drake revealed that the name of the project and whole concept of the songs is the streets of a big metropolis like New York or São Paulo. He said that both him and Nate wanted to talk about the life in big cities and kinds of people that live on it.
Some other musicians took part in the production, writing and by lending their vocals to some tracks of the album. The first people to work with Drake and Nate was obviously ‘The ElectroDeath Team production’ which includes longtime hit maker Lilly Stuart, the young producer called ‘The Vibrator’ and former ElectroDeath producers trio ‘ElectroLightz’. Rappers such as Kidd Amaze and Matt Young, worked with them and even lend their voices to the track that they worked on it. Kidd Amaze’s collaboration was released as the second single of the album and attracted critical acclaim. Liyah, also took part on the songwriting and lend her voice for two tracks in the album. This is also the first time we listen o Lilly Stuart’s voice since she retired from singing, she provides additional vocals for a few tracks.

Edited by user 24 January 2015 03:12:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 10 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 21/01/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 21/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2015 03:03:47(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Choice
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown
Genre: Synthpop, ambient
Length: 3:14

Production and Songwriting

The enigmatically dark toned track starts off with an atmospheric distorted voice by Nate Alexander singing the name of the track ‘Choice’. He repeats it twice as other elements are added progressively. After four repetitions the melodies break in, synth pop beats, electronic drum sequence mixed into a variety of ambient and atmospheric sounds. Nate’s voice is all affected with echoes and distortion, making him sound industrial. The mix of electronic murkiness & dread with the added R&B flavor plus percussive beat propels each listener into a world of electronic apathy. Throughout the track the word ‘Choice’ is used continuously specially in the end of the track, right at the climax.
The apathetic melody fuses itself with the same apathetic lyrics. ‘Choice’ is about choosing the right way to reach fame, but the ‘right’ way may not be the pleasant or easiest one, the real point in choosing a way to conquer success is self-satisfaction. During the second verse the track talks about how long it will take to ‘walk’ to finally reach the success. Between complaint lines a story is being told and progressively this character gets near its goal. By the last verse of the track, this character is already in the ‘fame row’ but still walking in the lonely road.
Opening the album with such atmospheric track like this is quite the opposite of what we were expecting of this duo, but this project was always surrounded of mysteries and this track just proves it. Does this track is talking about Drake fast ascension to fame? But Drake was not the only writer of the track, Nate Alexander and Lilly Stuart took credits for it as well. Nate knows well the paths to fame, he might not be a celebrity yet, but he is engaged to a lot of causes and to have a song talking about ‘choices’ and what consequences they bring to our lives is quite right for a dude like him, in the other hand there’s the hit maker Lilly Stuart, she knows the price of fame, but obviously, she is a writer which means she only helps musicians with a few words. For the pop fans who like their music grim and bleak this will no doubt be on their playlists.

Lyrics

Choice
Choice
Choice
Choice

It’s a road of two sides
Ahead of me
Two paths I can’t choose
What’s the right?
The one to lead me to plenitude
I walk alone in this long road
Certain, I was born with a purpose
I chose this way, ‘cause it’s my last chance
To make the best for me and I have faith

Choice
Choice

The road seems endless and I’m powerless
I feel tired of this loneliness
Strangers for my eyes
Are they just passersby?
I’ll keep on wandering into immensity
The road seems to be an eternity
And I can’t come back, this is my task
I walk alone in the perdition road

Choice
Choice

I’m reaching for heaven
Heading to paradise
In my own disguise
The same road of before
The one I threw my world
No tears in my eyes
I learnt to survive, I learnt not to die
I learnt to hide the real me inside
For fear of losing my soul, I had a choice
And it comes to be this bumpy road, yeah

Choice
Choice

Choice
Choice

It’s a road of two sides
In the future
Two paths I will choose
What’s the right?
The one to lead me to plenitude
I walk alone now in the fame row
Certain, I was born to this
I chose this way, and now I’m safe
To give all of me ‘cause I lost faith

Choice

Sounds Like

Edited by user 22 January 2015 03:18:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2015 04:00:46(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Dope
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Liyah, Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, ElectroLightz
Genre: Electronic, electropop
Length: 3:31
Vocals: Liyah

‘Dope’ is an up-tempo electronic and electropop song. It is accompanied by a New Wave-inspired beat and incorporates dance synthesizers and a bass line, it is reminiscent of music from the 1980s. Liyah’s vocals were extremely well produced and are no doubt the highlight of this track adding so much personality and irony to the acid lines. The verses of the track are performed in two forms, most of the part Lyiah speaks the lines as if she was thinking loud but as the pre-choruses and choruses of the track arrive, she let her R&B vocals shine over the new wave beats of the track.
This track is the most mainstream of the entire album, don’t mind if it will be choose to become a single. The synth beats and bass line altogether with the drums are fun, groove, and witty, there’s additional backing vocals performed by Nate Alexander but Liyah is the main vocalist of the track. This is also the first time we hear a track that Liyah sung produced by Drake, after the reports of them working together last year.
The lyrics might take some media coverage due to its controversy. It’s another character driven track. The subject of music is on his/her day off work at home, suspecting smoking weed, so this character is basically singing about typically lazy day with marijuana until someone calls the police and the chorus of the track comes to be the conversation this character is having with the officers in an attempt to not get arrested. Despite the track might sound fun and silly, it has a deeper meaning of a social criticism which might be respect other people by not disturbing the public order. Acid rhymes remember the lyrics Lilly Stuart used to do with ElectroDeath, but Liyah, Drake and Nate took part on the writing as well and even the producers trio ElectroLightz which clearly leave their mark in the production of the track, just take a listen to the synth beats of the track and you’ll perceive their signature electropop influence. Even though the controversy the lyrics of this track might cause in the more conservative people, the incredibly catchy chorus will infect you making you sing it along for quite a long time.

Lyrics

(Dope)

I’ll sing ‘bout loitering
‘cause I feel like doin’ nothin’
If I put my hands inside my pants
Just cause I’m horny singin’ this verse

I’m just kiddin’, but what’s the matter
If I want to lay down all day and sleep
‘Cause ain’t nothin’ better
Than thinkin’ ‘bout nothin’, hidin’ in my shelter
But I hear screams outside, oh now the cops arrived

Sir, this smoke don’t come out of my mouth
(eyes drops, drops, to disguise the red eyes)
Sir, this small three belongs to my grandma
Don’t think I have dope, just cause I’m stoned
I just got a free day from a temporary job I got yesterday
Sir, don’t arrest me, misunderstood me
‘cause I felt like spendin’ day and doin’ nothin’

(Dope)

Brought the hookah, this room’s fog
It leaves me in the best mood, no worries to disturb my laugh
Red eyes staring the window, my neighbor smelled the weed
Oh no that crappy bitch! She called the police

Sir, this smoke don’t come out of my mouth
Sir, this small three belongs to my grandma

(Dope)

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 8 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 22 January 2015 04:42:48(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Smoke in the sky
Writer(s): Nate Alexander, Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown
Genre: Trip Hop, Alternative Electronic Music
Additional Vocals: Lilly Stuart
Length: 3:27

Songwriting and Production

Quirky, catchy and not far off making it as a cartoon theme tune, ‘Smoke in the Sky’ would serve as a soundtrack to any videogame with Paradise Islands and beaches as scenarios if it weren’t for its critical to environment degradation. It looks like so far the music of Groove in Downtown cannot be classified at a certain genre due to the experimental level of sounds that they mix in a single track. This one is more sound alike their first single, maybe due to its strong trip hop influence but again, it has a variety of instrumentation that goes from weird and beyond even though they seem to maintain the groove of the confused melodies.
There’s a funky drum sequence which is probably the signature of this track, Nate Alexander’s soulful vocals and Lilly Stuart’s childish voice is present in the choruses of it. It sounds funny and it makes you to straightly think about Japan, even though there’s no direct influence of any Japanese song at all. The odd sometimes sounds cool and that’s the main goal for this track.
The lyrics are again an acid criticism to human being degradation the environment around them by the urge of modernization. So there’s several analogies of growing up and realizing how much of the landscape has changed ever since we were kids, perhaps the 30 years old at least, to nowadays, trees and a cleaner wind are some of the things that affects the human life in a negative way. It also analyzes the technology advances being sometimes cruel to the elders of our civilization.
Nate Alexander might’ve taken a huge part on the writing of this music, he is signed to a lot of nature causes in order to save what is left of Earth Nature ambient. We can already predict that this track is about to become a Green Peace anthem very soon.

Lyrics

Down the hills on a bike
In the neighborhood I was born
Sighting chimneys touch the sky
It was not like this, a while ago

The progress of modernization
Changed the landscape around
An 80 years old lady feels an alien
That south wind no longer blows out

No one’s known anymore
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky

Feel the breezy

Let the wind
Let it touch your skin
The same wind
Touched your skin
Down the hill
Wind smells ill
But let the wind
Let it touch your skin

Eight-hours daily journey
Suits driving on their cars
Seeing graffiti when they’re slowly
While a seagull changes the sights

Skyscrapers set the weather
The asphalt can fry an egg
At lunch, men on ladders
Another wire, we’re in high-tech

No one’s known anymore
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky
Black smoke in the sky

And so are the modern times

Let the wind
Let it touch your skin
The same wind
Touched your skin
Down the hill
Wind smells ill
But let the wind
Let it touch your skin

Black smoke in the sky (repeat till fade)

Sounds Like

Edited by user 26 May 2015 05:42:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 22/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 22 January 2015 09:51:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: The Hollywood Star
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart, ElectroLightz
Genre: New Disco, Trip Hop
Length: 4:04
Main Vocals: Lilly Stuart
Additional Vocals: Nate Alexander

Circling around New Disco and Trip Hop mixed with New Wave beats and a funk vibe, we have ‘The Hollywood Star’. As it is the fourth track of the record, we already know the writing style these duo has taken on the songs, they’re acid and if in the first track ‘Choice’ they were talking about the loneliness of stardom, now they’re talking about the cruelty on it, especially with female celebrities. As for the intro of this track we have a glimpse of what Drake does as a regular DJ, the progressive beats increasing the tempo of the track with Nate Alexander raw and full of attitude vocals repeat the ‘warming up’ line until the whole elements of this track turn it into a massive disco hit.
The structure of the track blends these progressive beats, samples and making it sound funk. It has a booming bass sound, nice atmospherics and a great rolling vibe to it. It was an inspired move to feature Lilly Stuart’s warming falsettos as the main vocals while Nate backing vocals the whole track giving it an eclectic feel and a good dose of attitude as he was a commander, something fitting for the acid lyrics. Even thought the whole funk vibe of the track is evident, it appears that Groove in Downtown is keeping this contrast which interchanges between the funk and groove with the industrial and atmospheric electronic music. One of the highlights of this track is the use of backing vocals as if they were instrumentations for the track.
There’s not much undercover on the lyrics for this song, it talks about the pressure to maintain success and the beauty standards that media imposes to singers, actress, models or whoever wants to be rich and famous. It also tells a story that goes from the hype of getting all the views and attention to end up in ostracism, most of celebrities when get old are forgotten and not being relevant sometimes drive people crazy, they do drugs, get depressive culminating in suicide. The last verses of the track talks about being relevant after its death, it’s cruel but it’s funny in the way all of these subjects are spoken.
Overall the weirdness of the album seems to work so far, as usual, Drake’s production reflects his progressive house influence, even though these songs are way different from the loud house beats of his solo work, it seems that we are evolving since the first track of this album. For this track, again it could be a hit single, the harmonies work, as we said, they’re the highlight of the track , we bet you won’t be able to stop head nodding and singing along to this.

Lyrics

Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up

You’re a star
You’re a star

Shake that booty girl
Shake that booty
‘Cause they’re all waiting
For you breakdown
You have the looks, yes you
You have the boobs
You just need an advertisement
To sell your talent

Get all that hype
Get all that hype

You’re a star

Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
Warming up
You’re a star
(Unh)

Show off your real prize
They get bored
Too easy my darling
So, show that prize
You had the looks, once
You had boobs
Now that gravity just pulled you down
Make repairs

You lost the hype
You lost the hype

You were star

Ostracism
Ostracism
Ostracism
Ostracism
Ostracism
Ostracism

How old are you my darling?
What Hollywood
Did to you my baby?
You lost your mind, yeah
Where’s that booty you had?
Where’s that pretty face?
It’s all wrinkled now

You had your time
You had your time

You were star

Forgotten
Forgotten
Forgotten
Forgotten
Forgotten
Forgotten

Let’s pay homage for her
She’s given her life
To entertain ours
She was a star
She’s already gone away
But we loved her
Yesterday she was brave
Now she’s a legend
She’s a legend
She’s dead

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 22 January 2015 22:36:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Livin’ da Life
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, The Vibrator
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, The Vibrator
Genre: Deep House, Alternative Electronic Music, G-House
Length: 6:36

Finally we’re entering a new field after the previous heavy groove tracks. You might think there’s still groove and funk in this one too, but something is extremely dense and it comes to be the deep house influence perceived in the melodies of this track. The six minutes and thirty six seconds follows new a trend of nightclubs around the world which comes to be the underground scene of electronic house music. Songs that are propelling themselves as the biggest hits of the night belong to this new, or not so new at all generation of underground DJs playing deep house, G-house, Techno House or if you want to call it underground electronic music. It seems Drake and his friend The Vibrator had been talking about the genre lately which means the superstar Dj knows when a trend might become the new mainstream.
For this track, we have the regular long mix structure of any other nightclub house track. It starts with Deep House drum sequence, any hip hop influence is welcomed in this base, soon after some seconds of this drumming the only chorus of the track is sung, in this case we know its Nate Alexander because of the credits on the song, but his voice is distorted, right after her finishes the short rhyming chorus the Bass line breaks in with the already drum base of the track and it grows dense and heavy. It is extremely low key but it has a sense of undeniably groove and funk, which clearly is influence of the G-House, you work on a bass beat that takes influence on hip hop and funk music but yet it is electronic enough to be in a club hit like this one.
Moving on to the one minute and a half of music, the underground begins to appear in atmospheric elements and effects added to the main base of the track, while that repetitive chorus dominates your brain. Near the three minutes of music, there’s a techno break, imagine Drake or The Vibrator working that turntable distorting the beats of the track in a way it sounds spiritual and atmospheric, we understand how many people will get high during this part of the track while they’re shaking thought the groove of the track. Resuming its melodies in a very cool style, the track travels back to the same structure of the first three minutes, that’s where the deep house dominates it, it keeps the dense elements together the same time the G-house flavor is adding an extra groove.
Next to five minutes of track the producers let the bass line shine and it sounds enigmatic and hypnotic, the level of production on this track is superb. Few second of lonely bass and drums, Nate is back with his distorted voice repeating the funky chorus, at this point we bet all clubbers are pronouncing the senseless rhyming. Five minutes and a half, the whole track becomes minimalistic, slowly the elements of it are being taken out of it, first the bass, then the drums, and finally Nate is left repeating the chorus with a singular percussion beat until he stops the singing and the track is over.
So far this whole album is coming along strangely connected, even though the songs are so much elaborated, there’s a common aspect among them that its only perceived now that we listened to this dense electronic track. Once you hear distinct genres but yet they sound coherent you find the commom thread of the album and it’s not the lyrics, it’s the sound, perhaps that’s why the name of this project is Groove in Downtown, it’s turning to make sense now. As for the single chorus of this track, it is almost not understandable due to the distortion on Nate Alexander’s voice, but after listening to it over and over, you understand the senseless complaint of everyday worker in the world. Well it seems we’ll get ready for the clubs with Groove in Downtown.

Lyrics

Wake in the mornin’ longin’ I’m late
Get in the work I’m stuck I’m late
Boss in the ear, that bitch she’s fake
I’m just livin’ da life, I’m late

I’m just livin’ da life

Sounds Like

Edited by user 22 January 2015 22:40:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 22 January 2015 23:19:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Black Roster
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Matt Young
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, Matt Young
Genre: Trip Hop, Indie Dance, Dub, Alternative Hip Hop
Length: 5:41
Featuring Vocals: Matt Young

Following the dense previous track come another unusual track. Paying attention at the references of this track we have, Trip Hop, Indie Dance, Dub and due to the rapping alternative Hip Hop elements compiled together. Staring with a drum turn and evolving into a trip hop dense and dark sequence; before Nate sings the chorus of the track he bounces a sarcastic laugh. His voice sounds lazy, right after he finishes the chorus, Matt Young comes with his vicious rapping full of attitude almost claiming the line of the track. Despite it sounds heavy the melodies are simple, but subtle elements of all the references said are being added to the track progressively.
At the second chorus, a very unusual instrument comes in, the melodica plus following the track ambient sounds and synth beats turn the song even darker and denser. We’re taking back to the first tracks of the album but yet following the shift on the mood of the sound, it certainly is a smart balance for the duo with songs taking so many references.
The song reaches the end in a climax repetitive way, Nate repeats the name of the track while a variety of elements are added to the melody of the track and it also sounds like a free style DJ was working on the turntable during that part of the track, because there’s distortion and playful aspects. The trip hop influence of the tracks is clearer at the end of the music, because of ambient sounds mixed to the drum sequence.
The lyrics are very straight forward, the guys wanted to make a song that would allude to the gangster rap, but believe me ALUDES, it’s far away from that style, but it has attitude and Matt Young is a difference hip hop tone to the album if we see the other two references Kidd and Liyah, so it’s safe to say that Drake and Nate knew what they were doing while inviting Matt to sing the track, they wanted diversity.
We’re in the half of the album and even though ‘Livin da life’ was a big shift, the weirdness is balanced with this track, it has the dense heavy beats of the previous track but it got back to the weirdness of the first four tracks of the album. It seems that after this track things are going to get more club oriented, but nothing like any EDM track, it will be more of an underground dance record.

Lyrics

You seem to be unprepared
You have an intelligence lack
And you’re still a boaster
But your cheap talk can’t buy me
You’re in my black roster...
Where’s your authenticity?
Your bullshit, you can’t convince me
You’re just a boaster
Yeah, your cheap talk can’t buy me
You’re in my black roster
black roster
black roster
black roster
black roster

Fuck you!
Acting like if you knew the business
But you’re just a snotty and the world is a witness
Fuck, if you think you’re somethin’
Yeah, your time is commin’
No one believes your shit
Chaff is separated from the wheat
So stupid
Like the asshole who hired you
Money to make
No one’s getting money from a useless
I have a smash to make
You have a cake to bake
Time is getting’ late
You’re ‘bout to lose the game
A king doesn’t hold a throne without a crown
It doesn’t help shoot a video with stupid hoes
While you’re chasing
I’m conquering
What, Young ladies?
They love me
I own it
You lost it, I came to make story
To joy the glory
Victory
Fans approaching, I’ll perform on domes
Sell out concerts
Label’s happy means a big account
Now where are you?
Well, it seems you’re already gone
Like I told you
I call the shots

You’re just a boaster
black roster
black roster
black roster
black roster

You keep talking shit like you’re the top dog,
All I know about you is that you ain’t hot dawg,
You’re about as fucking hot as a chilled hot dog!
I’m sick of listening to preachers saying you the dawg,
You ain’t shit; you’re like the roast hog,
Ready to be eaten up by this rap God,
Got my knife and my fork all ready, just say the word,
Because I’m ready for the kill, I’m on top of the fucking world,
You got beats; I’ll give you beats,
You want the streets? I’ll give you streets,
You think you’re the king, have you met me?
I’ll take you back to where you should be,

You’re just a boaster
black roster
black roster
black roster
black roster

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 23/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 23 January 2015 01:41:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Writer(s): Kidd Amaze, Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, Kidd Amaze
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Trip Hop, Electronic
Length: 3:52
Featuring Vocals: Kidd Amaze

This track was released as the second single of the album, working properly as a social criticism in form of a political rap discussing the social conditions most of people live in the planet. The lack of human rights such as education, food, infant and specially this last one, which is the most evident critic of the song, because of the children choir accompanying Nate Alexander’s second verse, are the main theme for this track.
Nate Alexander sing in falsettos, he also added a variety of backing vocals in different keys of the main falsetto vocals that he sings, this also introduces the children choir coming right after in the second verse / chorus of the track. The song is also a fusion of several elements but its main influence by far is hip hop. Kidd Amaze participated in the writing of this song and the production of it as well, his rap takes the most part of the 3 minutes and 52 seconds of the track. He sounds ferocious and raspy while singing it, and clearly, he is including his own rough start in the music business as a subject for his rap, but he fuses it with a wider social critic adding the right mood for the track.
Even though the lyrics might be bitter, the melodies are sweet and groovy. The instrumentation is fun and funk and sometimes atmospheric it contrasts directly with the lyrics, while its listeners won’t pay attention at the critic of the track, they’ll probably listen the track more than one time, because it can put you to dance. The guys knew what they were doing while creating Groove In Downtown, with instrumentations like this they’ll easily play on radio stations like they did with their firsts ingle peaking number 3 on airplay charts. The message of the lyrics will atomically dominate people’s mind due to the time these songs are going to be on repeat in dance clubs, radio or streaming websites.
The opening is funky, it was reported to be produced by Kidd Amaze. After the opening, we get a dance funk tune with some atmospheric synths. A set of strings played throughout the song in some strategic times, add a classic style to it. The vocals were very well produced, Nate and his four singing tones plus the children choir and later Kidd and his raw rapping were arranged in a way to follow a progressive tempo, even though the funky beats are the main body of the whole piece.
This track also marks the begging of the end for this album, it works better as a summarizes of what the album is in its first six tracks, so this is the last shift for the album, in the middle of what is indie dance music and alternative hip hop there's this track, the use of Kidd amaze was another smart move right after they used Matt Young, if Groove In Downtown wanted to be in the Hip Hop shelf, then that's a 'mission accomplished'.

Lyrics

No one likes to be called dumb
But everyone seems to act like one
Primary rights aren’t yours anymore
The world is lost
Yet no one knows
That we live without a cause
We live without a cause

No one likes to be called a dumb
Still everyone seems to act like one
Human rights are gone
The fate of poor ones
No one seems to know
But we live without a cause
We live without a cause

People tend to look at me and try to categorize
Look at myself and my envoirment to analyze
I’m African American, so I’m a rapper or a baller
And with glasses on I must have been a scholar
Really all this couldn’t be more father, from your truth seek
You couldn’t look and tell but I am rather meek
And as I child I had trouble finding words to speak
Yet, here I am not in that box you tried to fit me in
Sadly I overcame all the adversity to their chagrin
Wonder why I would be so bold to stand as an equal
Did you ever think if being “free” could be lethal?
Ever wonder why, cause all this needed was a spark
Remember what happen in Saigon and took it to heart
Belief that something will get better if you just reach
Might have made a difference if you went and teach
Look at me, do you think that I’m a pacifist
Like the people before trying to be the catalyst
The Parks, the Anthony, the Gandhi?
Rushmore of Peace, you think that’s where you find me?
Realistically, I just looking for the golden rule
Ability to see what others see and use as fuel
Powerful enough to stop a tank in its tracks
Be able to lift everyone in places where they lack
I’m just talking crazy, I know the insanity
The fact that can I still believe in humanity
So, what going to happen we all want to know the endgame
Know if we rose from the ashes or down in a ball of flame
I don’t know the answer but every day is process
Try to make it easier for the kids coming after it a mod set
A patch that could grow into something astronomical
To be old with the childlike wonder of anything possible

No one seems to know
We live without a cause

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 23 January 2015 02:16:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: After Party
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart
Genre: Alternative Electronic Music, Downtempo
Length: 5:00
Main Vocals: Lilly Stuart

Here is the surprise of the entire album, Lilly Stuart finally received a voice after so many years without releasing any song with her vocals, she sings alone this whole track. If you still remember her tone, you’ll recognize her warm and breathy vocals, very sexy and extremely appealing for the downtempo of this track. Groove in Downtown took us back to the 90’s with the melodies for this track.
The song sounds easy listening, it can calm down your mind when you need to relax or in some bad mood/situation. The groove word was taken seriously in this tune, the use of bass and the soft touch of drum, with a little bit sound effect like trumpet or trombone makes the cut of instrumentation used to make this a relaxing yet danceable tune. Even though the rest of the album might sound dense and heavy it seems that at least for five minutes the listeners at the club can go buy a drink or go to the bathroom, or if you’re listening it in your room, you can drink a coffee or a cup of tea and just relax.
The theme of its lyrics is the sensation most clubbers experience when a big party ends, they sometimes like to go on after parties so the party won’t stop, but at the end it is not the same after you live the party that you were waiting for. It’s kind of sad, but not depressing, it uses the sunlight as a sign that the party is finally over, perhaps it is a song to be played at the end of DJs set lists. Drake could not make an album without writing a song that makes reference to his work as a DJ, in terms of his own writing style the other tracks of this record are hardly different from his personal lyrics, perhaps this one is the most alike to him as any other of this project.
We’ve gone through hip hop and dense electronic music and it seems that here we have the deepest lack of connection among the songs of the album. Even if this track still has the groove and tries to maintain the commom thread that we noticed a few tracks ago, it goes a little too far into a new direction that we won’t see in the rest of the album, which means that this is probably the weirdest track of it.

Lyrics

The sun came out
The music is not that loud
The people seem passed out
Where’s the after party
The sun just came out
Sweet feeling nostalgic

Drop it

When the sun comes out
The music won’t be loud
The inevitable doubt
Where’s the after party
The sun came out
Not as sweet as nostalgic

When you're at your home
You find yourself alone
You miss your friends and so just one night is too few
To make you feel good, to make you feel loved
One more week before Saturday
The sun came out

After party
After party

When the sun comes out
The music won’t be loud
The inevitable doubt
Where’s the after party
The sun came out
Not as sweet as nostalgic

When you're at your home
You find yourself alone
You miss your friends and so just one night is too few
To make you feel good, to make you feel loved
One more week before Saturday

The sun came out
The music is not that loud
The people seem passed out
Where’s the after party
The sun just came out
Sweet feeling nostalgic

The sun came out
Where’s the after…

The sun came out
Where’s…

Drop it

After Party
After Party

Drop it

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Welat65 on 23/01/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 24 January 2015 02:01:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Free Spirit
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lyiah, The Vibrator
Genre: Alternative Electronic Music, Techno House
Length: 6:20
Featuring Vocals: Liyah

Percussion, bass and harmonies introduces this track in a very soulful way. During this first half minute of the track the Techno influence of this song is already being incorporated on it with electronic elements and ambient sounds, soon as the drumming kicks in, Liyah performs the first verse of the track with R&B vocals. The track is building up its own full shape as Lyiah sings the lines other elements are added to the main structure of the track till it progressively builds to a techno turn while Liyah’s vocals are used with other harmonies and effects until it breaks into a Techno House beat with drumming, bass and synths.
One minute and a half into the track and it already transformed into a dance alternative club hit. Drake and The Vibrator used freestyle turntable synth beats and other distortions and elements to make the sound fluid and fresh, even though there’s a remarkable drum and bass base on the background of the track setting the tempo for it. That’s when the alternative electronic music influence appears, in this switching of elements and effects used above the techno house base, what is actually even better is the fact that the soulful tone of the first verse of this track is still within this complex mixture of beats.
After two minutes and a half slowly the song resumes to its introduction melodies, for that the DJs kept the drumming but started to resume the other elements into ambient sounds, vocals harmonies and effects such as echoes and synthesizers, a little further Nate Alexander keeping the same soulful tone to his voice sings the second verse of the track. His singing ends in a half turn moment of the track where it seemed that another breakdown would come, but in fact the DJs decided to literally resume the track to a atmospheric and sensorial breakdown before they release the tech house beats. This sensorial moment is composed of ambient sounds and another verse performed by Lyiah, this being the very last singing part of the track. Right after this break come the techno house beats, just like before. For the rest of the track its drum, bass and freestyle DJ until the track fades.
Lyrically it is the only ‘love’ themed song of the entire album. It is clearly talking about the end of a relationship and the person noticing someone that it cannot be trapped into any form of censorship or behavior because of its ‘free spirit’. It also reveals that this character suffered a betrayal and hurting this person encourages itself to move on and to be far away from that abusive relationship. In the end its revealed that there’s a good chance for this person to love again, because it has not lost hope in love.
Finally reaching the end of the album, the dense and heavy beats for clubs seem to be the objective with this few three last tracks, obviously we already heard ‘can I exist’ and comparing it to this one, it’s clearly perceived the heavy bass that both has, Groove in Downtown will end this album groovier than anything.

Lyrics

If you walk out that door, make sure it’s all over
‘Cause I'm not accepting you back, no more
The days of loneliness won’t last, no longer
You cannot redeem of your infamous sins
You cannot stop a spirits who’s free

I’m a free spirit, I’m a free spirit
I’m a free spirit…

Free, free, free

Far away as I may go you cannot reach me
There won’t be trails for you to follow me
This is the voice of my heart speaking through me
The years of repression were so long ago
I’m finally brave to face what’s unknown

I’m a free spirit, I’m a free spirit
I’m a free spirit…
I say what I want
With all the air in my lungs
I’m a free spirit…

I don’t care the atrocities of human attitudes
I know how people can be mean, and terribly cruel
I’ve been told this, ever since I was born
And scars of your harms made me strong like stone
While I kept in my heart pulsating blood
I didn’t give up on love…

But yet, I’m a free spirit…
Free, free, free

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 24/01/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 24 January 2015 02:39:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Substitute Love
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart, The Vibrator
Genre: G-House, Nu Disco
Length: 5:53

Kicking off with heavy kick drum , this new disco track was made to put its listeners to dance. Seconds inside the track there’s a low key bass line adding a house element to the disco drums, keeping a progressively growth, synth beats break in the track setting a hip hop mood to the track transforming it into a G-House smash. Nate gives his best vocal performance of the entire record, there are not so much effects on his voice and Drake knew what he was doing by letting Nate’s clean falsettos shine over that choruses.
Despite its heavy dance approach, this track can really be a radio hit as well, the structure is much alike any other hip hop or R&B track that’s on the airplay, but this one doesn’t sound predictably because e of the house elements it has. Backing vocals are also performed by Nate and during the verses of the track there’s a surf rock guitar riff which totally makes the difference adding such funk style to its dance melodies.
After the second verse the song has a hook moment where Nate vocalizes, this structure is much alike to pop tracks, that’s obviously the big commercial appeal of this song, later comes another verse and a freestyle singing pre-chorus, all this elements make this track unusual and pleasant the same time, it has a sense of style that will make people bounce on the dance-floor. The highlight of this track is undeniably the vocal performance by Nate, he sounds sexy and appealing. To end the track Drake and The Vibrator decided to make it progressively lower and slower till the only element playing is the bass and in a sudden it fades away.
It seems that these last two tracks of the album will be talking about the anxiety and mysteries of the human mind. The identity crisis in this track is almost the same talked about in ‘Can I Exist’ but here we have a discussion on where is the good of mankind, because it seems that nature has its beautiful places and even among the bad things the good can always appear. Through this search of happiness there’s the failure of human beings to substitute love in their own ways, like doing drugs or anything like that, there’s a deep message of overcoming sadness and hardness in this track, smartly written.
Like we analyzed before the album is walking to end in dense hardcore house beats, even though they all have their own particularity sounding unique due to a bunch of mixing and weird sounds that work properly, Groove in Downtown has only a single common thread among these music which is the groove and the opportunity for its fans to bounce in high gangsta hip hop style.

Lyrics

A flower
Sprout amidst the trash
The rain
Washed away its petals
It can mean anything
It may even go unnoticed
But it makes me wonder
Simple things are life’s wonders

Substitute love
Living on days of fun
My substitute love
No sweet but bitter
The void inside
Grows each time
This troubled life
Darkens my bright side

In the middle of the dross one naked man of his hatred
Asking a penny
While walkers passing by wearing their suit and ties
No one looks aside
No one can see after its own pride
No one can help him
He was deceived by greater lies

Substitute love
Living on days of fun
My substitute love
No sweet but bitter
The void inside
Grows each time
This troubled life
Darkens my bright side

Ohh Ohh Ohh
Substitute Love
Ohh ohh ohhh

Along the way (Hey)
The beginning became his last attempt
In the fatigue of trying
He decided to give up on two horizontal lines
“Hey this is not the way…”
“My friend, It’s not the best way out!”
“Surrender, won’t bring you the answer”
“For your heart”
That was said
By “the liar”
He was lost

Substitute love
Living on days of fun
My substitute love
No sweet but bitter
The void inside
Grows each time
This troubled life
Darkens my bright side

Substitute love
Substitute love
Substitute love
Substitute love
Substitute love
Substitute love
Substitute love

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 24 January 2015 02:55:48(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Can I Exist?
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, The Vibrator, Lilly Stuart
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Alternative Rock, New Disco
Length: 3:41

“Can I exist” was the first single of the album.Influences on the sound of the track is a combination of alternative hip hop, specially the soulful and rap vocals performed by Nate Alexander, alternative rock because of the acoustic guitar and violins heard in the hook of the track and new disco, an electronic genre that’s been taking the underground scene by storm, it’s perceived on the track due to the bass line and the drum sequence of the track. All of these elements together in only one song might’ve sound confusing, but they were so well produced by Groove in Downtown and The Vibrator.
The track starts with Nate whispering the word “exist” followed by a funky bass line riff, later on the new disco drums fill the track with groove and fasten its tempo, the same time Nate sings the first verse of the track, this one being sung with soulful vocals. Nate has a soft voice singing, but he sounds dope as if he was tired of singing, it’s so fitting for the melodies of the track. Before the chorus there’s an acoustic rock hook, with some strings and acoustic guitar, Nate’s vocals receive some effects and the track turns back to the funky bass line and new disco drums, while Nate starts his rap. You might think Nate’s rap could sound cheap, but it doesn’t, well his voice is not alone there, we can hear backing vocals and different effects on his voice. The second hook of the track is longer than the first one, this shift between the new disco to alternative rock makes the track sound cool and underground, but there’s no deny that in the end it is mainstream as anything that Drake has produced before.
The lyrics are a social critic of human being lifestyle and media influence in our lives. The question can I exist certainly works as a critic to a society that’s connected one hundred per cent of its time on internet or television or any other “cheap” source of news and futility. Religion is another there talked in the lyrics of the track, they are claiming that advertising is the tool to conquer people and some of the ideologies used on it can cause severe harms to human race such as the social acceleration and the sickness of the 21st century. Two allusion are made throughout the lyrics of the track, the first one is the holy bible used as a metaphor for advertising inducing people to buy stuffs they don’t need to, the other one is the dust of the asphalt making us blind, the landscape of the big metropolis are in constant changes and we seem not to perceive it, because we’re part of this changes.
Overall the song just tries to reach for as many genres as possible and still coming out as a pop song. Catchy melody, most likely thanks to the awesome bass line and the new disco drum sequence, a hook that switches of the club beat and begins an acoustic guitar with even some violins. Then the rap comes in, which has a great flow and acid lyrics. This is only the first piece of music we get from this ambitious but not purposeful side project.
It's end of one of the weirdest albums released in a while, certainly people will get entertained by this project, not only because of the funky music that will explode speakers on the dancefloor but the visual aspects of everything, the social lyrics the street culture that's being acclaimed in this album will be appealing to a very large audience.

Lyrics

Exist (5X)

Dust rising of the streets is making me blind
But it’s been some time I can’t feel my eyes
It’s like if you were trying to see beyond you
But my mom long ago told me “don’t believe, you fool”
Each one is with its own perception of reality
Even though is impossible to accept it
But hey, you cannot often be changeable
I’m trying to find my way out of this hypocrisy, but it’s inevitable

Holy book make me understand
Give a hand, be complacent
Make me catch a glimpse of future
What you’re saying? Good old preacher
Is there true behind these lies?
Everyone so busy, out of time
Television gives me a meaning
Can I exist?

Massages of peace in cheap posters
While life is oscillating like a roller coaster
Give us a little hope
Cover us with your holy robe
While advertising is selling us a piece in heaven
Tricking our eyes, strayed on channel seven
This is all bullshit
Hahahahahaa,
Age of consumerism,
And supremacy
If you’re fancy
Then I’m your friend
Yo, they call it nepotism
I call it opportunism
Gain it and stick with me
Yo, we’ll both win
Fight to survive this shit
Even if you can’t see
Fuck, I follow the trend

Holy book make me understand
Give a hand, be complacent
Make me catch a glimpse of future
What you’re saying? Good old preacher
Is there true behind these lies?
Everyone so busy, out of time
Television gives me a meaning
Can I exist?

Fighting to survive this shit
Even I still can’t see
Fuck
I follow the trend
Hahahahahaa,
Fighting to survive this shit
Even I still can’t see
Fuck
I follow the trend

Sounds Like

Edited by user 26 May 2015 05:22:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 26/01/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 24 January 2015 03:09:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THANK YOU

Groove in Downtown would like to thank their families and friends for being supportive to their dreams and for loving them.

To the people who worked on this project writing, producing: Lilly Stuart, The Vibrator, ElectroLightz, Kidd Amaze, Liyah and Matt Young.

To Studio 60 for the opportunity to make such an unusual project in a mainstream label.

Finaly but most important for the fans who made possible the upcoming tour and all of the great achievements this music is gathering.

WE LOVE YOU!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 24/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 26 January 2015 08:05:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: I remember when you first approached me for this idea and I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I must say, you never cease to amaze with your creativity. I don't think anyone else could pull off quite a RP project like this :) Wonderful job and thanks for including me!

Jade: This is my favorite album of the year, no lie. It's so artistic and creative. We obviously need to step up our game with our album, haha. Great job by everyone involved. Forever a mISTER_b fan.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 26 January 2015 22:04:51(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I remember when you first approached me for this idea and I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I must say, you never cease to amaze with your creativity. I don't think anyone else could pull off quite a RP project like this :) Wonderful job and thanks for including me!

Jade: This is my favorite album of the year, no lie. It's so artistic and creative. We obviously need to step up our game with our album, haha. Great job by everyone involved. Forever a mISTER_b fan.

OOC: Thank you so much, I'm so thankful for your support, I mean, all the things that I suggest you, you were always so generous and accepted it.

mISTER b: Thanks Jade, in the making of this record we thought about it being just like a weird compilation of songs, but as we finished it and listening to it right now, it feels just like you said, artistic, thanks for the support ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 28 January 2015 09:45:56(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Awesome work on all of this. I swear you always think of ways to keep your rp fresh that no one else would think of. Loved it.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 28 January 2015 13:47:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: So this may not be my exact taste in music when first taking a look but now that I've actually gotten around to listen to it, this is really quality music here. Very different and enjoyable, artsy and full of substance. Its not your typical record, this is so much more than that. Groove in Downtown, big ups for delivering such a great album to start off 2015. Every track has a different focus and subject and that has really made this a fresh listen. I'll be buying.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#18 Posted : 28 January 2015 20:56:00(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Awesome work on all of this. I swear you always think of ways to keep your rp fresh that no one else would think of. Loved it.

OOC: Thank you Scott, it means a lot coming from you.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: So this may not be my exact taste in music when first taking a look but now that I've actually gotten around to listen to it, this is really quality music here. Very different and enjoyable, artsy and full of substance. Its not your typical record, this is so much more than that. Groove in Downtown, big ups for delivering such a great album to start off 2015. Every track has a different focus and subject and that has really made this a fresh listen. I'll be buying.

Drake: Thank you James, we really tried to push it as far away as we could from my usual genre, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#19 Posted : 29 January 2015 00:51:07(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
OOC - I loved this RP so much, echoing everyone you never fail to amaze me with your work, I literally loved every song!

Amy-Jayne: It's nice to see Nate finally doing something, mISTER_b you never fail to bring your a game with your music!
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#20 Posted : 29 January 2015 00:51:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
OOC - I loved this RP so much, echoing everyone you never fail to amaze me with your work, I literally loved every song!

Amy-Jayne: It's nice to see Nate finally doing something, mISTER_b you never fail to bring your a game with your music!
UserPostedImage