logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2015 11:59:23(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

TOXIC WOMAN - ALBUM IN STORES - JUNE 5TH, 2015

UserPostedImage
Artist: Cristina Lake
Release Date: June 5th, 2015
Label: Daytime Listening
Recorded: 2013-2015
Genre: Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Trip Hop, Alternative Rock, Surf Rock, Synth Pop, Chamber Pop
Producers: Cristina Lake, Rick Nowels, Christian Fallon, Reza Vranitzky, Dan Auerbach, Tim Anderson, Shlohmo, Boaz van de Beatz, Corin Roddick, Joel Little

Toxic Woman is the long awaited third full length studio album by recording artist and actress Cristina Lake set to be released via Daytime Listening, Cristina Lake's founded and current record label and Cristina Lake's current partnership with record label, Liberatin/Nomad. The album will impact digital retailers on June 5th, 2015 and will experience a psychical copy release on June 10th, 2015 via the latter labels. This album release comes as a massive surprise to most listeners of Cristina Lake as this release features no prior promotion or announcements after promotion for the album stopped in 2014. There was no word on the exact reason for the delay and sudden halt on the album and has yet to be explained, leading many to believe that the album had been cancelled and scrapped and that Cristina Lake was starting over, thus meaning a longer waiting period for the popular musician to release new music, but it seems that we were all wrong. Toxic Woman is the follow up to the massively successful and critically acclaimed "Chasing The Renegades", which was released in 2012. Chasing The Renegades. The album, was a depressive work of indie pop art that showed not only the deepest of heartache in Cristina, but her growth from an actress to part time singer to a fully fledged musician with acting talents. The album dug deep down into her inner most thoughts as the dreary ballads and cinematic tracks got across Cristina's demeanor during her time with, and without the deceased Jake Frost and the media scrutiny she'd dealt with before and after his ordeal. The album went on to reach the top of the Album Charts after being critically acclaimed and going onto sell more than 1,700,000 copies becoming a commercial blockbuster and certifying Cristina as a force to be reckon with in music, but more importantly (and positively) the album had given Lake the chance to get off all the weight on her shoulders and open up to her fans. For the remainder of that year, Cristina released 3 more singles off of the album all becoming successes and co-headlined a tour with fellow recording artist Julia Volkova. Since than Cristina began working on the followup to "Chasing The Renegades", quietly settling down and getting straight to recording whenever she had the chance.

A small delay on album three was due to Cristina Lake's appearance in two movies in 2013, which caused much time to be taken away from writing and recording the album, for the utmost of 2013 Cristina Lake returned to acting, as she felt her music duties were finalized when she finished her tour with Julia Volkova. Following 2013, as we entered into the first quarter of 2014 Cristina Lake got in full fledged album three mode after all writing was finalized for the new album. Cristina Lake took on the executive duties for Toxic Woman as she has done for all of her albums and wanted to change up her sound considerably for the new album. Lake contacted producers that she felt could get across the vision for the new album, sound wise. These producers include Rick Nowels, Christian Fallon, Reza Vranitzky, Dan Auerbach, Tim Anderson, Shlohmo, and Boaz van de Beatz. On the prior album, many of the records were dreary, depressing and soulless due to Cristina Lake's ordeal at the moment, Cristina stated that after Chasing The Renegades was released, she felt like a new woman since she got to so much off of her chest with the record and even admitted that she didn't like the album because whenever she listened to it, it brought her down. For the new album, she wanted to embrace her new confidence, demeanor and inner self that she searched and found, and it's shown on Toxic Woman. Cristina Lake entered the studio to begin recording the album in late 2013 but of course, had to hold off many studio sessions later until 2014. As her fans waited, Cristina of course released promotional records to rev her fans up for what would be a blockbuster album.

These included hit singles too. The first promotional record was "Blinded By The Weakness", the anthemic overcome and dignifying record reached the #2 position on the charts. Following B.B.T.W no word was confirmed on the album. Months later Cristina Lake released another promotional single that is on the album which is called "One Day", the solo version of the record was released and reached the top 10 on the charts. A version featuring fellow rock act Brandon Caulfield is on the final tracklisting for Toxic Woman. Cristina explained that neither of the singles would be leading singles from the album, but would be considered teasers. In late summer of 2014, Cristina Lake began promoting what would be the leading single taken from "Toxic Woman". The record, "Long Distance Lies" was billed as the first single and was released. The single became a big hit, reaching the #1 position. This marked Cristina's first ever number one solo record with her first being "Ballad Of A Vagabond" in which she featured on with Brandon Caulfield. Following the success of "Long Distance Lies", Cristina teased a new short movie that would coincide with the album and that was also called "Toxic Woman". Another promotional track, "Addicted To Broken Hearts" appeared on the internet. The second single of the album, the title track "Toxic Woman" to an acclaim but after the release of that song, all things seem to come to a halt for the album, at least for us.

Rumors begin to spread about the fate of the new album, with many worrying if it would ever see the light of day, to our avail, it's here. It seems that after the success of Long Distance Lies, Cristina wanted to take time off from the album and record some more material as she felt she wasn't happy with a handful of records that set to originally appear on the album. Cristina Lake scrapped many of the records, none of which were promotional songs and recorded some new material that would appear on the album. In ordinary Cristina Lake fashion, the blonde beauty took her time to record these records and made sure it would be worth the wait. Many of the songs featured on Toxic woman were recorded secretly in mid 2014, bringing in newer producers including Reza Vranitzky (Imagination, The Beat Inside) that really capture the "Toxic Woman" theme Cristina Lake has essentially gone for this time around.

Sonically, Cristina Lake seems to take on a new persona in "Toxic Woman" although staying true to herself and her musical niche. The album is certainly Cristina Lake's most edgiest album to date and even sports an "Parental Advisory" sticker on the cover art. Many of Cristina Lake's earlier works could be looked at as safe, but it seems that Cristina Lake is embracing a sensual, yet tasteful new side. On the cover art, Cristina Lake stares eerily, with her hands over her breasts. Although compelling and quite frankly shocking, Cristina does it in tasteful fashion, not making it come across as overly provocative, but haunting and proclaiming. The artwork was shot in 2014 by Julius Masters. Musically, Cristina Lake dives through numerous genres that she has experimented with throughout her career in her relative alternative fashion. The album surges through genre's including Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Trip Hop, Alternative Rock, Surf Rock, Synth Pop, Chamber Pop but all go hand and hand as Cristina uses her powerful vocals, lyrical abilities and personality to sing about subjects including heartbreak, new found confidence, love, self appreciation and more. Prior to this very day, Cristina Lake also confirmed that the Toxic Woman Film will be available on June 7th, 2015.

Toxic Woman Film Preview

SINGLES

Blinded By The Weakness (Promotional)
One Day (Promotional)
Long Distance Lies - #1
Addicted To Broken Hearts (Promotiona)
Toxic Woman - #2

TRACKLISTING

1. Toxic Woman
2. First Kiss Lipstick (feat. Kidd Amaze)
3. Incandescent Romance
4. Love When You're Ready
5. The Key
6. One Day (feat. Brandon Caulfield)
7. Long Distance Lies
8. Addicted To Broken Hearts
9. Quiet Game
10. Against A Tide Rushing In
11. Imagine
12. Stay Young
13. Live Myself To Death
14. The Beat Inside
15. Everything Glitters
16. Blinded By The Weakness

Edited by user 19 June 2015 14:15:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 14 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:02:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

1. TOXIC WOMAN

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie Pop, Synth Pop
Songwriters: Christian Fallon, Cristina Lake
Producers: Tim Anderson
From The Album: Toxic Woman

The fourth quarter of 2014 is in full effect! With many album slated for release before the end of the year music has been more interesting then ever! One specific female who has also been quietly gearing up the release of their new album is Cristina Lake! The last time we heard from Cristina Lake musically she let us in on some very important details having to do with her new album entitled "Toxic Woman". Over a span of time Cristina Lake made it obvious that the album is quite different from her previous work and that this album ventures off in lyrical content and really shows Cristina Lake's layers as a musician. Cristina has stated that the album is her "most adventurous yet" and found that letting go of so much baggage during her last album in 2012's number 1 "Chasing The Renegades", she knew that with this album she had an overall feeling of new found freedom, happiness and inspiration to write and speak about other things and the new album that she named "Toxic Woman" does just that.

Cristina has been recording the album for a long time, only taking a brief break to record a hit television series alongside fellow singer Allison Cooper but as soon that was over Lak, got right back into the studio and promised a release before the new year, and Cristina is intent on keeping her promise. It's been a while since the last album and the fans of the singer and actress want to know exactly what she has been cooking up in the studio. In preparation for the album, Cristina released a promotional video setting up the preparation for the album is an appetizer for her supporters. The first single which was entitled "Long Distance Lies" was released on May 25th, 2014 and topped the charts. The song ventured away from any other single that Cristina had done before. Most of her singles derive from heartbreak from losing a loved one. It was a breath of fresh air for her to move onto a different topic of a long distance love turning out to be nothing but a lie, the unique nature of the track gave Cristina Lake her very first #1 solo single and even a nomination for Best Indie/Rock single at the Fan Choice Awards. With the success of Long Distance Lies, Cristina was massively happy and even taken off guard since she wasn't sure if her fans would take to the different subject and it turns out she made the right decision to step out of her comfort zone for the new album as fans are loving the newly confident and sinister like Cristina Lake. Today, we get the latest single before the release of Toxic Woman the album, which is the title track.

Toxic Woman is the latest single by Indie recording artist, songwriter and actress Cristina Lake. The record is quite different from previous releases from the Indie princess. On one hand, this is the first time Cristina has worked with producer and songwriter Christian Fallon who played a big part with writing process of the single alongside Cristina as well as with the songs official producer Tim Anderson. With "Toxic Woman", all three wanted to create a track that could pretty much define the album as well and from the very start of the track you get the feeling of a sinister, weary but moving feeling. This is actually one of the first times Cristina has done an upbeat track of this nature but on the bright side, she sounds absolutely flawless and doesn't dare to get lost in the production of the record. In the track, Cristina's highly recognizable haunting vocals croon over a medley of chunky synths, zig-zagging layers of percussion, and random studio noise that mix perfectly dark indie pop beat and even though it may seem different for her, she sounds right at home on this very potent track. Throughout the track Cristina speaks about a very relatable topic and it is quite questionable if Cristina is actually speaking about herself where she sings out lines like: I guess I’m a sucker for the bad guys\Tattoo’s and torn jeans\Bad decisions and real big dreams\But they only seem to lead me to destruction|But these days I’m embracing the wild\: Maybe even giving us an answer as to her recent behavior or confidence and what not. Cristina sings about embracing the wild and being a Toxic Woman as she's letting go of all regrets and embracing another side in which she's "bad" as she sings using an analogy of smoking away every last regret before smiling and realizing it's just her. To be quite frank, the lyrical content and song is bad ass and continues this new found attitude of Cristina Lake that people are seriously beginning to fall in love with. At one point Cristina was in the shadow of her own self and its so good to see her singing about letting go and sound bad ass as well. Throughout the track Cristina sounds intimidating over the dark uptempoed indie pop/synth beat with a very menacing chorus that could find home on the radio although this is not necessarily what you would call a mainstream record but it is certainly very catchy, tells a strong story and most of all seriously sets us up for Cristina Lake's new album "Toxic Woman".

"So good to release the new single off of the album. Seems like it's been longer but it's been four months since the release of Long Distance Lies and I felt September would be a perfect release date for the second single and I chose Toxic Woman as the newest single before the album is released early next month. I got the chance to write with Christian Fallon who is extremely talented at what he does as well as Tim Anderson. I wanted to give my fans something different. Something fresh and for one different then the previous release. Long Distance Lies was more rock driven and very slow. This is more uptempoed, upbeat, confident and really just "carefee" if you will and that's kind of where the album is taking us. It takes us on a carefree journey of letting go and learning from different experiences that really in the end just made me this "toxic" woman. Different experiences changes who you are and I want to embrace a carefree side not only musically but in my personal life as well, and it definitely shows in the music. I'm having fun. This record takes a quick turn from the beginning through the verses and choruses. In the beginning it starts off slow and very depressing and it changes in attitude and I know my listeners will be able to pick that up as soon as they hear this new record. There's so much material on the album that I genuinely enjoyed recording and writing and experimenting with and I just can't wait for you all to hear it and my growth as a musician. Big thanks to Christian and Tim with this one. Hope you all enjoy this and get ready for Toxic Woman's single and then album release!

I’m staring from my bedroom window
Wondering if I was right to have ever let you go
Because now the glow from the streetlight
Appears to be the only shine coming through these shades
Trying to break through the darkness of my life which seems to just cascade
And here I’m standing alone
In this whiskey haze

I just light a cigarette
Smoke away every last regret
And ponder why everybody has to leave
But I just pout and smile
It’s just goes along with the style
Baby, this is just me

I’m a toxic woman
I love passionately and free
If you want fairytales and pretty pictures
Then your future ain’t with me
I’m a toxic woman

I guess I’m a sucker for the bad guys
Tattoo’s and torn jeans
Bad decisions and real big dreams
But they only seem to lead me to destruction
But these days I’m embracing the wild
No longer empty and sad
I’m filled with passion inside

So I’ll just light a cigarette
Smoke away every last regret
And ponder why everybody has to leave
But I’ll just pout and smile
It just goes along with the style
Baby, this is just me

I’m a toxic woman
I’m a toxic woman
Then your future ain’t with me”

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:20:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:11:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

2. FIRST KISS LIPSICK

UserPostedImage
[center]
Genre: Indie Pop
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Kidd Amaze
Producers: Shlohmo

You said you loved me, I surely did too
Around the sun and to the moon
I’d like to keep you till I know
You’re the one I want until I’m old and gray
Just when I was about to go on my way
You twirled my hair around your finger
And gently grabbed my face

When our lips combined, it made a taste of its own
It stayed on my lips, the whole drive Home.
Because I love your crinkled white shirt, and the smell of your cologne
The way you smiled at me after we kissed
Now that I’m gone, I really do wish,
I could go back, and apply some first kiss lipstick.

A few days pass
Till I was back in your arms
In the city where the traffic was burning fast
As we rode in your car
I heard a loud sound
And thought to myself
I think that’s a drum
Right there in his chest
As you tried to mute the sound
With sharp, deep breaths.

First time is the best time,
One you will remember
See I have best lines,
Give people tremors
Old man winter’s
Long lost forgotten son
I know there are a lot of rappers,
But I’m the only one
That you recall and look back to
Been a lot people that will “holla” at you
But I was there to talk
Holding hands and going for long walks
But I had to go and do the music
And you were left alone, I didn’t choose this
Truth is I remember when was simplistic
Being in my shirt, with that old lipstick

I wish I could go back and hold your hand
And hear our laughs create that song
Go back to when I was just about to go on my way
When you twirled my hair around your finger
And gently grabbed my face

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:21:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:22:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

3. INCANDESCENT ROMANCE

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie
Songwriters: Cristina Lake
Producers: Tim Anderson

More than a five custom escape
With you its always so hard to play safe
The way you tap dance through my veins
And pour a shot of lightning in my brain

You're venom to boredom
That Christmas nicotine bomb
As excitement's door starts to close
You came in like a rainbow tornado

I knew you too well, to listen to lips that tell
Of how your purple baritone, would melt the microphone
When the tigress goes to bed
And the lions hunting heads
We'd dance, under a basement light trance
Incandescent romance

Mexican architect of sorts
Blunt thoughts revolt, to form your building blocks
And you could be frighteningly cold
But warm from that Friday night liquor
Your magic's dirty tricks
Turning water to piss
As excitement's door stars to close
You flashed your leg in, and wiggled your toes

Thought I knew you too well, to listen to tales that tell
And then your purple baritone, melted my microphone
When the tigress came about
She called the lion with a shout
They'd dance, with many a sideways glance
I was f*cked without a chance.

I knew you too well,to listen to lips that tell
Of how your purple baritone, would melt the microphone
When the tigress goes to bed
And the lions hunting heads
We'd dance, under a basement light trance
Incandescent romance

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:22:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:26:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

4. LOVE WHEN YOU'RE READY

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie, Indie Pop, Trip Hop
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Christian Fallon
Producers: Christian Fallon

I’ve been walking aimlessly
Down an unfamiliar path and I don’t know where it leads me
I tried following the road signs
Set out by those that have gone before
But I’m lost and confused
Can’t keep walkin’ this way anymore

I’m feeling vulnerable
Like I need a guiding light
Something to let me know that I’ll be alright
Something to help me sleep at night
But nothing appears to be in focus
Everything is out of sight

But a wise man once told me
To love when you’re ready
Not when you’re lonely
Yeah, a wise man once told me
Not when you’re lonely

I feel pressure when friends are falling in love
Maybe my heart will find a place in the heavens above
Perhaps I’m more than just lost
Beyond repair
I wonder if I’ll find meaning up there

But a wise man once told me
Not when you’re lonely
Not when you’re lonely

I keep straying closer to the edges
Almost giving in to the fears that live inside of me
I struggle with loneliness
And telling myself it’ll work out someday
Just isn’t enough to keep me on the right path
Feels like there’s an obstacle in my way
But I’ll always remember

That a wise man once told me
Not when you’re lonely
Not when you’re lonely

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:23:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:39:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

5. The Key

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie, Trip Hop
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Christian Fallon
Producers: Christian Fallon

So I'll lock that door and throw the key,
And the heartache that i'll never see
will be washed away with the memories of you,
And the things you do.

Now my friends, they never talk to me,
and now my eyes , they start to see
that this worlds needs a change of key,
But people wont do a thing
And you can cry all you want to
Just know that I’ll watch over you.
Now take me to that place where we can live another day
Away from it all.…
Take me away….Take me away….

And the things you do.

Pick your head up,
Wipe those tears away,
Cause we all know tomorrows another day
And I know that you will be okay.
But, do you ever really want to know ..
Do you ever really want to know, the way I feel,
And I'm sorry to say this but you’re my Achilles heal…

That look in your eyes
It draws me closer to you
And I know there's nothing I can do
But I can see you sit there wondering
Cause I know that your avoiding me
And now my heart is torn in two

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see
Case that door, its opening for me
Bt the irony is that I still have the key…the key…
The key to your heart

And the things you do.

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:24:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:45:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

6. ONE DAY (FEAT. BRANDON CAULFIELD)

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie Rock, Dream Pop
Length: 4:56, 4:00 [Radio Edit]
Producers: Tobias Wilner, Cristina Lake

2014 has been quite an eventful year and we are only three months in. Musicians have been racking up music quickly and returning without warning to deliver and satisfy the appetites of eager fans who cannot get enough of their favorite musicians music. Certain musicians have not been heard and years and some are still consistently delivering music without large gaps in between releases. One artist that goes by the name of Cristina Lake, who has certified herself as one of the mainstays and most recognized and respected figures in indie music (and the big screen) finally offers us some new music after quite a while taken off to tend to her acting duties and work on a new album. If you are not too sure who Cristina Lake is, which might be quite surprising then here is a short trail of the type. The beautiful C. Lake arose to fame in 2010 as a well known actress (after appearing in a strain of successful tv shows and movies) always had a dream of singing, the talented star soon had a big break.

After signing onto the now defunct Junction Records, the singer released her critically acclaimed debut album "Nola" in 2010 which proved her to be one of the most promising female acts of that time. Following the album's release Cristina took some time off from recording music after personal issues with troubled boyfriend Jack Frost that put the star in the center of a massive media frenzy with Jack Frost ending up dead in the end of a drug overdose. In mourning, Lake took two years off from recording music and bursted back onto the scene when she quietly released the indie cut'The Days You Might Fill With Laughter' that shockingly became one of Cristina's most successful single since the start of her career at that time. Following a string of single releases, Cristina released her followup from 2010's "Nola" called Chasing The Renegades in the summer of 2012. The album, was a depressive work of indie pop art that showed opened up one to the heartache in Cristina was feeling during her problems with the media and the death of Jack Frost, also her growth from an actress to fully fledged musician. The album was a therapeutic diary for that featured cinematic tracks that placed Cristina's feelings during her time with, and then without the deceased Jake Frost. Chasing The Renegades album went on to reach the top of the Album Charts after being critically acclaimed and going onto sell more than 2 million copies.

For the remainder of 2012, Cristina releases 3 singles off of Chasing The Renegades and co-headlined a tour with Julia Volkova and was featured on Brandon Caulfield #1 single "The Ballad Of A Vagabond". After the tour Cristina announced that she would be taking some time off in 2013 to work on a new tv show and to not expect her album for some time. To hold her fans off, Cristina released "Blinded By The Weakness" in January 2013, an empowering indie pop jam that showed a strong willed Cristina Lake as she sung about being blinded by weak energy and feeling so much stronger and better. Lake stated that Blinded By The Weakness would be the only the final release she would be making for a while. The single proved to be a success peaking at #2 on both the Airplay and Digital Charts. Later in the year, Cristina was revealed to be a star on HBO's "Consequences" alongside Allison. For the rest of 2013, Cristina remained quiet and to our luck not only was the songstress working on the tv show, but she was also working on new music.

"One Day" is the first single taken off of Cristina Lake's soon to be titled third studio album, following promotional single "Blinded By The Weakness" released in January 2013. This marks the official musical return for Cristina Lake. The record was recorded in late 2013 with producer Tobias Wilner and Cristina Lake herself with the record being penned by the artist as well. The record is a beautiful breath of fresh air in today's music where mostly consumed of pop and urban records. Cristina Lake returns with a fresh to the ear, leary and haunting single that showcases Cristina's very best as the artist continues to grow with every single release. The record proclaims the listeners ear from the very first opening seconds with rigid and dark guitar chords that ascends throughout the first 30 seconds of the record. In this time, we were waiting for when Cristina would star singing. Over the already dark sounding track, Cristina lake begins cooing notes over the beat for about six seconds. After she coos the notes, she begins to sing of the opening lines of the song. The guitar grows bigger adding in a bass and a second guitar to the mixture. Cristina's vocals sound haunting and empty, but with full of emotion. Over the dark beats, Cristina begins singing In the quiet of my lonely room|I sit every night|And all the thoughts that fill my dreams|Cry to see the light|And every dream is filled with you| I wonder where you’ve gone| I see your face every day| Your with me all night long;

Cristina gets across the depressing vibe as she sings about dreaming about someone that is now gone. With production that doesn't that isn't massive at all, Cristina's vocals are showcased in the forefront as she continues to sing. The beats then go quieter as Cristina sings the next haunting lines. Cristina vocals mix perfectly with the demeanor of the track as she murmurs; The flowers die And petals fall| The shadows flicker| On the wall| I thought that I| Had got it all|Then you went away; As those lines are finished, the sounds go completely silent and just a split second later the single bursts into its chorus with cymbals slamming down onto the track with slow but menacing drums, and guitars come together behind Cristina voice a she sings out over an dark beat: One day we will meet again| On that far and distant shore| And holding hands understand| That no one loved us more| One day we will meet again| After the pains and the tears| One day we will be as one| After the rain and the fears. Cristina makes it clear that she has hopes in seeing someone from her past once again in the heart pulling lyrics for the chorus. Following the chorus the songs backing beat and instruments take over for about 10 seconds bringing the song to its next chorus where Cristina continues singing throughout the entire track about a missed one in a dark and mysterious track that brings Cristina back into light in 2014, and after hearing it we are excited to see whats he has in store for this new album. Cristina strips down not only in her artwork where she stands there almost lifeless but sings in a stripped down tone in this new record that will spearhead her new album! What do you think?

Quote:
"One Day" means so much to me. You ever have this feeling in your heart about a loved one that one day you will meet with them again? You have that belief in your heart and soul that although you might have not seen eye to eye and they're not around anymore but you know that one day you will meet again. I felt that this single was one of the most heart pulling and strongest records that I have ever recorded and with this new album I've discovered new things about myself musically. I have been working and recording behind the scenes and concentrating on delivering a new album of quality and delight for everyone for the past year and a half and now we are ready to unveil the first record from the album. I hope you all love One Day, it's the start of a new chapter for me. It's stripped down and to the core, it's mainly focusing on lyrical content and my vocals and I wanted to show that. I did the artwork photoshoot and thought its a stripped down record where I am letting go so why not take off all of my makeup and my top and really show what it is so be stripped down. This is not a glamorous record, its not a prissy song. It's deep, exposed and the first offering of a lot more to come in 2014 from my newest project. Enjoy.

Brandon

In the quiet of my lonely room
I sit every night
And all the thoughts that fill my dreams
Cry to see the light
And every dream is filled with you
I wonder where you’ve gone
I see your face every day
Your with me all night long

Fingers interlock and our hands they intertwine
Summers pass, the leaves flutter away
A reminder of a love that once was mine
And I’m hanging on
I’m not living, I’m just waiting
Endlessly for a second chance of an everlasting love
I’ll wait if that’s what it takes
I’ll be patiently waiting at the gates of the heaven above

The flowers die
And petals fall
The shadows flicker
On the wall
I thought that I
Had got it all
Then you went away

One day we will meet again
On that far and distant shore
And holding hands understand
That no one loved us more
After the pains and the tears
One day we will be as one
After the rain and the fears

It’s two long years since you left
But you never left my heart
Two long years when you and I
Have lived our lives apart
Has it now come to closing
Shall we let it slip away
Have all the things I meant to you
Just melted in the day

The flowers die
And petals fall
The shadows flicker
On the wall
I thought that I
Had got it all
Then you went away

After other loves have gone
And looking at each other
Will see our love lives on
One day we will leave it all
And walk through forest lawns
Our day will come again
Like the sunlight and the dawn

I’m not able to take back everything from my past
But the past is exactly that
It’s not re-writable, the blood and tears will remain
But the future is an open book
It could be wonderful if you come back to me again
We could write something special together
A love story that fell apart
For two people who weren’t meant to depart

The birds fly south
The summer dies
Love light flickers
In your blue eyes
I heard again
Your sweet sweet lies
Then you went away

The leaves turn brown
And then they fall
I thought that I
Had got it all
I gave my love
My heart and soul
And then you went away

On that far and distant shore
And holding hands understand
That no one loved us more
After the pains and the tears
One day we will be as one
After the rain and the fears

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:25:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:47:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

7. LONG DISTANCE LIES

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie Rock, Surf Rock
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Devine Michaels, Sergiy King
Producers: Dan Auerbach

One artist who has prepping the release of a brand new album, is the beautiful Cristina Lake. After her sophomore album "Chasing The Renegades" lit up charts in the summer of 2012, the recording artist and actress embarked in a world tour that ended in late 2012 and following the ending of the tour, Lake took a short break from music to get back to acting and even starred in a TV drama with Allison Cooper that got rave reviews. Over this time, Cristina's fans appetite grew for some new music and Lake then hit the recording studio to come up with the followup to her sophomore album. In March of 2014, Cristina Lake appeared in a single called "One Day" the dark and emotional record sparked some controversy due to it's artwork that had Cristina in a black wig, makeup less and in a bra. Cristina dismissed the controversy calling it a part of the intimate and truthful nature to the song and so let go of the clothing in the artwork and further dismissed it by saying she in no way was trying to look or be sexy in the artwork. Although the single fared very well with critics, the record didn't exactly connect with fans as the single only reached the 11th position on the airplay charts, although mainstream appeal has never really been this young stars mission as she's stated numerous times. The single strayed away from what people were used to from Cristina as it featured heavy guitars and came across as "too hard" for Cristina. But of course, that never stops a musician from releasing music and especially not Cristina who continues to learn from her craft and she's getting ready to release new music today for us. After releasing "One Day" and recognizing the appeal it had with her audience, she decided to release a new single on May 25th, 2014 from her upcoming soon to be titled third album set to be released in the summer of 2014.

Long Distance Lies is the newest single from recording artist Cristina Lake set to hit radio stations, digital outlets and will be available for streaming on May 25th, 2014. The record was written by Cristina Lake, Devine Michaels an Sergiy King with production from Dan Auerbach. The record gets back to Cristina Lake's roots and has a very catchy vibe to the beats but in no way touches the pop mainstream landscape, but can sit comfortably on radio stations as a indie jam. Cristina sounds much more authentic on this record and "more at home" so to say with the laid back beats and guitar riffs that cause Cristina Lake to really showcase her hallow and big vocals as opposed to the overwhelming-ness of the previous record. "Long Distance Lies" also tells a very compelling tale of love and heartbreak. Have you ever watched catfish? Or had a long distance relationship? You never know who is a thousand miles away from you but you can't seem to get enough of them. Are they who they really are? Or are they telling you all the truth? This story is told here in "Long Distance Lies" as Cristina Lake brings her vocals over the slow and suspense filled indie rock production that can only keep a listener well attentive as she continues this tale. In the record Cristina sings about a a girl who falls deeply in love with someone long distance but everything comes crashing down when everything that, that person says they are turned out to all be a lie and at the end of it all, that girl takes it as a learning experience to become a stronger person and that's exactly the point Cristina is trying to get to in the new record. This is also a breath of fresh air for listeners of Cristina Lake as she's venturing off to a different and well compelling topics for this new album and not staying stuck on the death of Jack Frost. Years have past, the ache might still be there but Cristina is ready to move on musically and that is shown here in the new record.

The record starts off with a quick and spicy drum and symbol opening that quickly turns in a melodic atmospheric backing beat that adds in surf guitar riffs and drums giving the opening beat a very expressive and interesting intro. About 20 seconds pass and Cristina begins singing and telling the story of this girl who is in love, a love that resides behind screens of cell phones and computer screens. Her voice is whispery, sexy and captivating in true Cristina Lake nature. Cristina continues singing adding in |Long distance doesn't feel so long after all| meaning that when you're talking to a person with long distance, it doesn't actually seem all that far away in the end. The story is just starting as Cristina sings continuing on, explaining that the girl has been lost in fantasy and tossed reality. Believing that everything this person was offering was authentic and true, and the love she felt for him was infinite. As finishes the final line, the song breaks down and slows down adding in a much more eerie vibe as with the drums slowing, surf guitars slowing and even the dark backing beat. Cristina lake coos out Ooooh Oooh Baby Ah La La and breaks into the chorus as she sings as if she is speaking to the person that the girl has fell in love with. Singing out: She was your superstar, ended up in a jar| Giving you her all, unprepared for the fall|Even though she showed herself, stripped naked from head to toe|She was just another used bottle abused by lies| She was part of a lie, set apart by distance; As she tells the deep tale of the girl being a superstar that was stripped naked showing her true self to this person she was in love with a thousand miles away and in the end it seemed to all be a lie. Cristina lake sounds very seductive when she sings these parts but at the same time captivating and serious and in a manner in which you can tell she is telling a story. As she sings the chorus, the beats sways nicely behind her mixing her vocals very well with the production values presented. As the chorus rides out the beats pick up once again as to where they were when the song first started before the chorus. In the next part of the song. Cristina gives an insight into the girl and the after math of this deep story of lies. Cristina explains that the girl was crushed by the fantasy she had in her mind of falling in love with someone so far away and rushed back to the reality of what it really was. Cristina sings in the same manner she did in the previous verse, seductively but seriously with her hallow but laid back vocals. She continues to speak as if she is speaking to the person who committed the long distance lie and explains that the guy is the girls first true heart break (worst one) and even goes on to sing to sing out: You’ve missed your chance being the first to ever hear words I love you|; and continues to explain that they still insisted in lying, causing this poor girl to be broken in to little parts. The beats of the track then pick up a bit more as Cristina tells a more positive aspect of the story as it passes the climax, its now the aftermath. She then begins to sing explaining that the girl learned from her mistakes and that it's an experience to make someone just a stronger person as she murmurs: She’s going to spread her wings, spring away|Fly 1,000 miles just to forget those debts| Memories are treasured but you’ve became a displeasure. The beats then slow down and Cristina gets back into the chorus. Following the chorus she continues to sing about the girls uprising and how she will realized that it was all a lie and that in the end it made her stronger. The song then hits the chorus once more before it rides out.

Cristina Lake tells a story of a long distance relationship. Who's the person behind that screen? Are they really all they are saying that they are? Is it a lie? Is it a Long Distance Lie? Cristina's new single hits story on the 25th! Let us know what you think!

Behind a screen, 1,000 miles she smiled
A love so strong, feeling wronged
Long distance doesn't feel so long after all
She’s been lost in a fantasy, tossed from reality
The love she felt for you was infinite

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

She was your superstar, ended up in a jar
Giving you her all, unprepared for the fall
Even though she showed herself, stripped naked from head to toe
She was just another used bottle abused by lies
She was part of a lie, set apart by distance

She was crushed by a fantasy, rushed back to reality
You were the first hun to enlist as the worst one
You’ve missed your chance being the first to ever hear words I love you
That wasn't enough to keep you from bluffing
Tearing her heart into little parts

That won’t stop her from getting up, letting go
You’ve broke her heart, choked her pride but made her strong
She won’t let 1,000 miles bring her down
Heart break is the worst ache but experience is the best wake
She’s going to spread her wings, spring away
Fly 1,000 miles just to forget those debts
Memories are treasured but you’ve became a displeasure

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

A lesson gives her reasons
Beyond a screen, you’ve become a scene
She can now foresee the lies
She’s become stronger than ever
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

She won’t let 1,000 miles bring her down
Heart break is the worst ache but experience is the best wake
And now she has woken

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La
Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 05 June 2015 12:51:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

8. ADDICTED TO BROKEN HEARTS

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie Rock, Pop
Producers: Rick Nowels

Cristina Lake has been revving up to release her third studio album entitled "Toxic Woman" over the past few weeks and anticipation surely has been growing. This suddenly "new" and confident Cristina has stated that the album will be her most diverse and unapologetic yet and after releasing the critically acclaimed "Long Distance Lies" that became Cristina Lake's first number one single, her fans have been excited to see what will come with the album. For one, they need not to expect a massively depressed songstress dwelling on the past as she's done on her last record and Cristina has stated that she has gotten over that hurdle in life and has finally moved on. And to be honest, that has been shown in her recent actions. The once anti- social network diva has recently posted pictures on social network and has started to connect with her fans more, and to be honest the fans appreciate it and it has shown. Cristina had opened up to her fans in an update from her official website just last week to give an insight onto the new album and her single Long Distance Lies. If you haven't gotten a chance to get wind of it, you can read it below.

Quote:
Hi everyone! I have just rapped up my third studio album last week and I am so excited to release this new material to you all. I just shot the artwork yesterday! This album is my most adventurous album yet. It's musically most most edgy record it's fresh and it's a body of work that reflects my growth as an artist. With my last album Chasing The Renegades ...I was going through a very dark time and when I reflect now, I love that record because I was able to let out alot of sadness I had bundled up and I was telling a story. But at the same time I felt that the album was quite one dimensional, you know? I'm being honest. We all continue to grow as artists and I rather speak truthfully to you now in this message as opposed to lying. I am naturally a perfectionist. Most of you know majority of the album was about Jack Frost when I was mourning his death, I will always miss him but I have come to term with his death now. I realized that I have to move on in my life, and I've I felt that it was time for me to truly pull myself up and start enjoying life, you only live once! I've had fun writing this new album, and I feel it's my best work yet. It's a lot more diverse in lyrical content and subjects and I felt the last album lacked that. Long Distance Lies was a record I wrote after being inspired by a show called Cat Fish, isn't that something? I watched it, and realized how deep that is. Having a relationship with someone so far away and being betrayed by them? It's a crazy situation and hurtful too. I released the song and it became my first #1 single. Thank you so much for the support. I've never been a chart junkie but it sure feels good knowing you all like the new material, and it showed me what I needed to do was broaden my music lyrically. Go other places! And this album I am letting go completely. It's risque but sophisticated. It also has a lot of spirit and energy, even the big ballads. You'll all understand when the album is released in a few months . It' titled "Toxic Woman" and it will be released in August. But that's all I am going to say. Over the next few weeks I'll be releasing some more music and I'll be doing interviews having to with the album and it's initial trek to it's finalization. So if you think I am being a bit narrow with details now that's because I don't want to spill out all the details just yet! I wanted to peak in and say hi, update everyone and say thank you and say that the album is really something I am very proud of and it's well on it's way. I hope you are as excited as I am. Let's do this. Enjoy this video. Another treat in the making maybe to go along? Who knows. Enjoy.

Exciting news isn't it. But today we have gotten our hands on some brand new material taken from the Toxic Woman album and Cristina surely is "toxic" so to say with the subject of the record. "Addicted To Broken Hearts" is a sinister and sultry pop fused indie rock jam that shows Cristina in a totally different light and like we've never heard her before as the picture for the third studio album starts to take shape! With a bit of a change from her single Long Distance Lies. Cristina, who often plays the victim in her records, or on the receiving end so to say completely turns the tables here as Cristina plays as a devilish heart breaker that feeds off of breaking hearts or men. The record that features rigid electric guitars and a catchy backing beat, Cristina sounds sultry and devilish as she sings about being scarred in life, which is why she in turn dwells off of breaking hearts. Cristina vocals goes perfectly well with the western feel of the song, and although her first real uptempo'ed record, her hard but sultry vocals mix well with the initial production of the record as well as the lyrical content. This song will be apart of Toxic Woman, enjoy it below.

Quote:
Addicted To Broken Hearts is my first real uptempo'ed record actually, like, my first song that you can actually dance to and feel bad ass to and to be honest, I felt so bad ass writing this record. I don't know what's gotten into me but alot of the records on Toxic Woman are bad ass and this really fits the theme well for the Toxic Woman album as a whole. I came up with this subject because I thought, I am actually writing about being heart broken, but how about turn the tables. Us girls get tired of being heart broken, let us play as the heartbreaker and it's alot more to the story here on the song. It's not just about being a heart breaker it goes deeper than that. It's sort of a way to sooth ones self after being so betrayed in life by an opposing sex that now all you want to do is break hearts, and you get a rush. I got in the studio with Rick Nowels again and really wanted to create something production wise that I didn't do before. A big, indie rock and pop jam. Something that is sinister, something that is playful and catchy and we brainstormed and this really came up. I know the fans will love this, they have been loving my change up in sound and there's alot of other surprises on Toxic Woman, so exciting. Enjoy this.

They call me a star in the sky
Unreachable, shining in the night
Stealing the keys one by one
Opening up all these hearts
As I give mine to none

This won't be another love song
Of promises soon made to be broken
There's nothing left to break inside
I guess that's why I do it
It makes me feel alive

I'm so addicted to broken hearts
The pain, the tears, the scars
The sound when it shatters
The moment everything falls apart

I really wish I could love them
The way that it is supposed to be
But this life has made me so numb
Their tears taste so sweet
As mine are all dried up

This won't be another love song
Of promises soon made to be broken
There's nothing left to break inside
I guess that's why I do it
It makes me feel alive

I know something's wrong
Wish I could make myself stop
But their pain and screams
Are giving me this rush

Edited by user 05 June 2015 15:26:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 05 June 2015 16:15:06(UTC)
Famouss7x7

9. QUIET GAME

UserPostedImage

Genre: Dream Pop, Alternative Pop
Length: 4:56, 4:00 [Radio Edit]
Producers: Cristina Lake
Songwriters: Joel Little

Go 'head say what's on your mind, I've read that face before
You say don't keep it all bottled up inside
You know that love is blind and I'm drunk here on the floor
I guess that makes us even for tonight

'cause tomorrow I'll say nothing
Got you alone, wondering
If I'll ever up and leave you again

Why can't I just get over it?
I scream and yell, cuss and spit
I sometimes wonder why you waste your time on my suspense

It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain
When I play the quiet game
The quiet game, The quiet game
It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain
The quiet game, the quiet game

You scream go 'head show that ass of yours, I've seen it all before"
You know how to really hurt a girl
But you don't mean it, you speak out of anger
And now my panties are in a bunch, and you crack my bedroom door
It's a game I think you're starting to understand

Cause tomorrow I'll wear nothing
Leave you there wonderin'
If you'll ever be inside of me again
Gosh I'm so predictable
It's just a plot for me to win
And now you're falling to your knees
Screaming "baby.. please"

Why can't I just get over it?
I scream and yell, cuss and spit
I sometimes wonder why you waste your time on my suspense

It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain
The quiet game, The quiet game
It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain

And then you vanished in the night
Your silence broke like rain
"It's not whether you win or lose,
but how you play the game."

'cause tomorrow, I'll hear nothing
And I'll be wonderin'
What I did to chase your love away

It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain
When we play the quiet game
It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain

'cause silence, never been good at that
I screamed and yelled, cussed and spat
Goes to show we both play the game, and I chase you back

It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain
It's a crying shame
It's the silent pain

Edited by user 08 June 2015 12:41:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 05 June 2015 16:21:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

10. AGAINST A TIDE RUSHING IN

UserPostedImage

Genre: Indie Pop
Length: 3:30
Producers: Cristina Lake, Christian Fallon
Songwriters: Christian Fallon, Cristina Lake

[I know that I can be a little distant sometimes
And that I’ve only learnt to wear my heart on the inside
My head it spins around with all kinds of scenarios
The worst of which is the thought of letting go
I can be lonely even with you by my side
But I don’t realize that it makes you feel lonely too
And for that I apologize to you

I can’t explain the things that I do
I don’t even know why I do them anyway
But when I’m sat alone in the garden looking a little lost
Please feel free to step in the way
And show me that there’s something special
Beyond the thoughts that envelop my screwed up mind
Because although there will always be a darkness
There’s something else that we could find

So will you stay with me
And will you stay here by my side
Will you stay forever with your hand held in mine
As we fight together against the rushing tide
Because it tends to get dark
When everything feels empty and alone
I sometimes just need a little spark
To make me feel warm

But I know that I can make you feel lonely
I know that I can make you feel sad
I know that I can make you feel happy again
I know that I can take it away and make you feel bad
I may make you feel punished for something that you ain’t even done
But if you stay with me
If you look past all of the things that I have done
Just know one thing
I ain’t ever gonna run

So will you stay with me
And will you stay here by my side
Will you stay forever with your hand held in mine
As we fight together against a tide rushing in
If you hold on just a little longer
I know that we could win
And when it tends to get dark
An everything feels empty and alone
Sometimes we all just need a little spark
To make us feel warm

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 05 June 2015 16:34:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

11. IMAGINE

UserPostedImage
Written by: Reza Vranitzky
Genre: Indie pop, electropop
Length: 3:47
Producers: Reza Vranitzky, Cristina Lake

IMAGINE WAS STREAMED ON JUNE 5TH, 2015
THE SINGLE WILL IMPACT RADIO STATIONS ON JUNE 20TH, 2015 AND
WILL HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE RELEASE THE SAME DAY.

Edited by user 19 June 2015 13:50:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 05 June 2015 17:02:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

12. STAY YOUNG

UserPostedImage
Written by: Cristina Lake, Corin Roddick, James Urie
Genre: Dream Pop, Indie Pop
Length: 3:43
Producers: Corin Roddick

We turned twenty-one
Old enough to drink whiskey
And old enough to get married if we wanted to

But still young enough that we would
Hurt from the love bruises
Even though falling was easy to do

Boy those were some good times
At least that's what we thought
When we were getting along oh so well

You said to me baby let's stay young
The cologne you wore smelled so divine
We honeymooned at that lake house
A permanent souvenir
Never knowing reality would undo us in time

Good times in our bed
Is what held our lives together
But it was all a masquerade

We had only the present
Maybe not even a future
We had to lie in the bed that we made

A permanent souvenir

More secrets as you got older
We shrank from confidence
Though we did our best not to fall

With nothing to show for it
And nothing to say for one another
Did thoughts of another cross your mind?

I could not stand it any longer
And I needed to find me
And I think you went and found her

I will always remember
The time you said to me
Baby can we stay young

A permanent souvenir

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 05 June 2015 17:45:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

13. LIVE MYSELF TO DEATH

UserPostedImage
Written by: Cristina Lake, Kay Stevens
Genre: Indie Pop, Chamber Pop
Length: 4:40
Producers: Dan Auerbach

Hopeless state, soul is dead
You’ve gone too far from me
God please mend my heart it hurts
My love has crossed the sea

Alone in crowds, my scrambled brain
Rehearsing the time to die
Without the drugs that keep me sane
Sad and alone drop by

And guess what’s important to me now
The things that make the most sense
In a fickle world of craziness
Pour me some bourbon, light me a spliff
And excuse me while I live myself to death

Depression seemed to set the mood
These daggers in my mind
I sweep the floors with loneliness
Oh love that left this land

Breathing a world without you here
An unfamiliar taste
Paints the walls with a drunk embrace
Devoted, now replaced

And guess what’s important to me now
The things that make the most sense
In a fickle world of craziness
Pour me some bourbon, light me a spliff
And excuse me while I live myself to death

When it’s in the pit of your stomach
And you think it’s going to last forever
Take small breaths
And when the ripples of emotion
Makes you shudder in waves
You know, in the end, you’ll grow from this
Nails are bitten down
Skin ripped and bleeding
Because this nerve of ours is wearing so so thin
And your familiar face screams regret
Tear it away, along with all the memories

Nothing seems important to me now
Nothing in this life makes much sense
This world is a sh*t full of crazy
But tonight I need some jack, jim, smoke a spliff
Excuse me while I live myself to death
Join me while I live myself to death
Join me while I live myself to death

-Dance Break-

Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#15 Posted : 05 June 2015 17:52:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

14. THE BEAT INSIDE

UserPostedImage
Written by: Reza Vranitzky
Genre: Indie Pop, Chamber Pop
Length: 3:52
Producers: Reza Vranitzky

After all our bad days
Do you know what keeps me going, baby?
It's all those simple things
It's not about the flowers, baby

I stay soft, go with the flow
Tried to tell you about it
But you just don't know
My life is sweeter now
Smile on my face
There's nothing in this world
I can't replace
(Are you listening?)

I dance to the beat inside of me, baby
(I dance to the beat inside)
(Are you listening?)

(Are you listening?)

But you just don't know

After all our bad years
Do you know what keeps me grinning, baby?
Caution to the wind
I've got to keep the wheels spinning, baby

I stay soft, nothing to show
I already proved
Myself long ago
Your hands are on my hips
A purr is on my lips
Please don't, please don't hurry
And just let me go
(Are you listening?)

(Are you listening?)

(Are you listening?)

But you just don't know

I'm staying soft, swift
It keeps me stirring
You're a wondeful man, baby
But the world will keep on turning

I'm staying soft, swift
It keeps me stirring

I'm staying soft, swift
It keeps me stirring

I'm staying soft, swift
It keeps me stirring

(Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)

(Are you listening?)

(Are you listening?)

But you just don't know

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 05 June 2015 18:01:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

15. EVERYTHING GLITTERS

UserPostedImage
Written by: C.Lake, C.Fallon
Genre: Electro Pop, Indie Pop, Dancehall
Length: 3:20
Producers: Boaz van de Beatz

"The night draws upon us and we’re ready for it now
Anticipation is building as the clock ticks down
We throw on our necklaces and check ourselves before we go
We’re ready for the unexpected, just move with the flow
The night could take us where we want, to a place we’ve never been
The echo of the strip tonight is enough to tempt us in

Walking around these streets in the breeze of the weekend nights
Clubs are glimmering in the distance all paved with neon lights
Things will start to flow and our inhibitions will be fading
Impossible to resist when the alcohol is cascading
You start the night with a group of friends and promise to stick together
But soon enough your distracted by the boy with potential to be foever
Like an eerie dark angel that you can’t resist
He draws you in with those perfect lips

Inhibitions are fading
Alcohol is cascading
The music is beating loud
We’re somewhere in the crowd
Let’s live like there’s no tomorrow
Like there’s no worries for you and me
Baby there’s no tomorrow
So what will be will be

Everything glitters here in the dark
The flickering glow draws you in like a spark
Everything glitters all through the night
And for a brief moment, you know everything will be alright
Everything that glitters is not gold
But you lose track of your senses and forget what your told
Everything glitters and flickers in the dark
For your eyes only it creates a carefree spark

Don’t know where we’ll end up tonight
It doesn’t matter if we just follow the light
Shining in the distance like it’s calling us home
There’s streets our made for us, they’re ours to roam
Mixed with good intentions when there’s something in the air
His beauty is clear for everyone to see
He takes hold of my hand, he say "You're coming home with me"

Inhibitions are fading
Alcohol is cascading
The music is beating loud
We’re somewhere in the crowd
Let’s live like there’s no tomorrow
Like there’s no worries for you and me
Baby there’s no tomorrow
So what will be will be

Everything glitters here in the dark
The flickering glow draws you in like a spark
Everything glitters all through the night
And for a brief moment, you know everything will be alright
Everything that glitters is not gold
But you lose track of your senses and forget what your told
Everything glitters and flickers in the dark
For your eyes only it creates a carefree spark"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 05 June 2015 18:07:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

*16. BLINDED BY THE WEAKNESS

UserPostedImage
Written by: C.Lake, J.Morello, R.Nowels
Genre: Indie Pop, Baroque Pop
Length: 4:30
Producers: Rick Nowels

Blinded By The Weakness is the leading single taken off of Cristina Lake's forthcoming third studio album which is soon to be titled and given a release date. When you first think about the title and the circumstances of Lake's, you would possibly think she is offering us the same anger, sadness, and depression she offered on her previous release but by the surprising side, Lake, who is always offering her fans something fresh and something to look forward to seems to have found one with herself, not only musically but mentally as well as she still delves into the darker and mysterious side of Indie pop music. The track starts off with a roaring, tribal beat that is quite surprising and much more proclaiming than the first single taken off of her previous album. Seconds of this catchy beat mixed with the an aggressive bassline, clapping percussion's, and pounding before the "big sound" slides away with just a more suttle tribal beat taking over as Cristina starts singing. Cristina has this powerful croon to it, as she sounds strong, but vulnerable at the same time. She sings the opening lines of the track as she opens up about her past: Once upon a time I was living like a shadow
Clutching pictures to my chest; Holding out the pieces of this mess; And nobody could help me
I was tumbling further to the ground, deafened by this empty sound; Love abandoned; Love no more; I was holding back like never before| It is evident that this is a page out of Lake's diary as she sings about her depressions in past tense. Her voice sounding nostalgic as she hauntingly sings with the bass pounding behind her. After Cristina finishes singing the first part of the track a few seconds pass without Cristina singing as she lets the backing beat take over. Mere seconds later, she continues with her story. Cristina makes it as if she is having a conversation with the listener as she begins singing the next part of the song: My friends were there at the start|Tryin’ to fix the pieces of this vulnerable heart
But the more they tried|The harder I cried|And I pushed them further and further away|Longing for the love of a yesterday|But love didn’t come|It left a gaping hold|I stared into the abyss
Ready to fall; She continues on, with these simple, yet complex lyrics about being heartbroken and wanted a love that came with yesterday. It's odd how whatever Cristina sings we automatically think it's something linked to Jake, but that's only our assumption as she holds her strong vocals to the track with the beats still staying stable. However, after she finishes the last line: "Ready to fall". The beat begins to pick up. The clapping beats finds it way back onto the track and the bass becomes harder. Cristina adds an edge onto her vocals, making a prowess growl as she opens up the next part of the song. Behind this building beat with percussion's holding up along with the bass , Cristina coos out in her latest chronicle. But everything changed|I saw the reflection of who I had become|The shadow of a former person|But now I feel like I’m growing young|I was in the mire|Lost without my one desire|But I heard an old familiar song|It was calling out for a fighter and defender|And I realized in that moment; These powerful lyrics that hit you even harder with Cristina's yearning vocals, is only building up for the chorus of the song. Cristina then belts out |That I could be the great pretender| the building beat then restrains for a miliseconds and the beat bursts into the captivating chorus catching off guard with Cristina voice belting as soon as the chorus slams along, with each of the instruments coming together for a instrumental drop. Cristina sings with all her emotion backed with the heavy tribal and organ following. |I was blinded by the weakness, But all things must heal over time;| Cristina yells out. The instrumental drop then slams across the track once more. She then continues: |I’m no longer wandering the lonely streets|Reminiscing about a love that once was mine| And instead I’m looking forward; Cristina makes it known that she's finally coming to one with herself with these truthful lyrics. The instrumental drop that is followed by the organ and tribe beats that seem to never get old, slams down on the chorus again as Cristina continues. With eyes of optimism|I can see everything that surrounds me|Not just that tunnel vision. After that is said, the beats finally settle down as the chorus ends. Cristina gets across the message that those old days are behind her, she's looking forward. The days of sadness is now coming to an end. She's finally finding her footing, she can see clearly. These deep lyrics continue throughout the the next verse of the song. Where she sings about although she will always face pain and finally be able to be okay and feel happy again. The serious beat mixes perfectly with not only the theme of the song but with Cristina's vocals throughout the next verse as well. She sings about optimism with her vocals becoming bigger |But things do get better in time|That’s what I’ve learnt along the lonely roads|I can start this path to the brightest of new futures|And I may very well fall along the way|But I know that in the end
I will be okay| Singing that she has learned from her experiences, it's time to see the light, and not the dark. She beats out "I will be okay" as the song unleashes into an instrumental with the haunting instruments and beats carrying us over the bridge. The clapping beats, tribal percussion's, and powerful bass gives the listeners a pure instrumental thrill. The beats then build once more, as Cristina sings powerfully the pre-chorus. Just as she did before she sings as the beats are building up and bursts into the chorus. This time, you can hear that Cristina brings her all for the chorus, as the beat slams, followed by Cristina singing two lines, and it slams once more and does it again for the next two lines and for the chorus two times in a row. With the big instruments backing Cristina, she finishes the final line and the song comes to a haunting stop as it fades away to the end.

Quote:
This is a very exciting moment for me. With this song...and all the new material I have as a whole..I want to give my fans the truth. I want my fans to be able to relate to me and my story, this track is so special to me because it's how I am feeling, it gets back to me. No longer can I sing about being in depression and sadness because I no longer feel that way, I do not wish to feel that way. We all go through pain, deep pain for some of us and now it's time for me, or the person going through the same issues I have...to find ways to be able to pull yourself up and actually say to yourself you can overcome and you can find one with yourself. It's best to be truthful with your music and although the initial sound of this track may sound dark once you listen to the lyrics and really marinate in what I am saying you can see that this is not only about finding happiness, but about finding power, and achieving obstacles. I didn't want this to be the overly used "I'm feeling happier" record because that wouldn't be truthful. Things take time...and I wanted this to be of quality and truth and my reality. All of my past tracks speak of the truth, but I've never felt so in tune with a record like how I feel about this one especially as well as the new set of music I have coming. I'm excited for everything to come, and I hope when my fans hear this..they will be too.

Cristina Lake returns with this powerful track off of her upcoming third studio album. What do you think of this authentic track?

Beat Building - Italics
Chorus - Bold

Once upon a time I was living like a shadow
Clutching pictures to my chest
Holding out the pieces of this mess
And nobody could help me
I was tumbling further to the ground, deafened by this empty sound
Love abandoned
Love no more
I was holding back like never before

My friends were there at the start
Tryin’ to fix the pieces of this vulnerable heart
But the more they tried
The harder I cried
And I pushed them further and further away
Longing for the love of a yesterday
But love didn’t come
It left a gaping hold
I stared into the abyss
Ready to fall

But everything changed
I saw the reflection of who I had become
The shadow of a former person
But now I feel like I’m growing young
I was in the mire
Lost without my one desire
But I heard an old familiar song
It was calling out for a fighter and defender
And I realized in that moment
That I could be the great pretender

I was blinded by the weakness
But all things must heal over time
I’m no longer wandering the lonely streets
Reminiscing about a love that once was mine
And instead I’m looking forward
With eyes of optimism
I can see everything that surrounds me
Not just that tunnel vision

Pain will always show
That’s something that I’ve learnt to accept
But I can paint over my open wounds
And feel okay without regret
Because in life it can be hard to smile
But you can come out of the darkest of places
It doesn’t mean you should forget
About all of those familiar faces

But things do get better in time
That’s what I’ve learnt along the lonely roads
I can start this path to the brightest of new futures
And I may very well fall along the way
But I know that in the end
I will be okay

A long time ago, everything changed
I saw the reflection of who I had become
The shadow of a former person
But now I feel like I’m growing young
I was in the mire
Lost without my one desire
But I heard an old familiar song
It was calling out for a fighter and defender
And I realized in that moment
That I could be the great pretender

I was blinded by the weakness
But all things must heal over time
I’m no longer wandering the lonely streets
Reminiscing about a love that once was mine
And instead I’m looking forward
With eyes of optimism
I can see everything that surrounds me
Not just that tunnel vision

[2x]

UserPostedImage

TOXIC WOMAN IS IN STORES NOW!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 06/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#18 Posted : 05 June 2015 18:48:24(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: So I just want EVERYONE to know that this is the best album of 2015 by far! Nothing short of brillant!

OOC: Yo Jaime! You did this! The lyrics, the sound alikes. Every song flows through, it feels like I am listening to a real album. I am so proud of you, and this is my favorite album RP from you by far!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 06/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#19 Posted : 06 June 2015 03:16:28(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: So I just want EVERYONE to know that this is the best album of 2015 by far! Nothing short of brillant!

OOC: Yo Jaime! You did this! The lyrics, the sound alikes. Every song flows through, it feels like I am listening to a real album. I am so proud of you, and this is my favorite album RP from you by far!

Cristina: That is a massive compliment, Ms Tisha Jackson! Thank you! Hearing something like that is definitely good to hear :)

OOC: Thanks so much :) I try to make each of my albums flow as if they were real, makes it seem so much more realistic. Thanks for checking this out!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
TishaJackson!!!! on 06/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#20 Posted : 06 June 2015 08:23:08(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: I do believe you've just dropped one of if not the best albums so far this year lyrics are genius each track compliments the last and next so perfectly and it's nothing short of amazing throughout the entire album there was not one song skipped there were no favorites because they were all amazing in their own way the production on each track is brilliant and your vocals are just amazing if people manage to overlook this album somehow I will be so pissed because it deserves so much praise and recognition great job on this Cristina I am in love with it and will probably have it on repeat for years

ooc: Great job like Tisha said this album flows amazingly and the lyrics on each track are amazing it actually does feel like a real album great job here Jaime :)

Edited by user 06 June 2015 08:24:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 06/06/2015(UTC)