logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2015 07:00:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Lush (stylized as LUSH) is an American four-piece girl group formed in 2012, consisting of Danielle Sparke, Bianca Hughes, Aubrei Turner, and Lacy Ward. The girls are all childhood friends who met in their hometown of Detroit, Michigan. The group came together after discovering their passion for music as a group. They began singing covers of songs at talent shows and eventually would be discovered by Kiss My Pop Records. They released their debut single in 2012 titled, "Control Room" and made a mediocre impact on the charts, debuting in the top 100 of the charts. They would go on to release "Control Room" The EP which debuted in the top 40 of the album charts. The girls then went on to release more singles from their debut album, "Kiss (That I Hate)", "Without You Boys", and "Girls Like Us" until they announced they had decided to change their ways and start a different album, although once they released their new singles from the new album, "Riot!" and "Earthquake" they again decided to scrap the album. Then, they disappeared from the spotlight for a while only to return again in 2015 to announce they had been signed to a new label, Permanent Reminder. "We felt like we needed to be with people who would understand what we wanted and not throw us in 500 different directions," says Bianca. "It was a pretty messy ordeal but gladly we're still here and there's some people that still care about us, our fans. We've been working hard with our new music and we are excited to share it." After a name change and label change, the girls are finally ready to claim their presence in the music industry. As a group, the girls cite Girl Spice, En Vogue, TLC, Destiny's Child, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Spice Girls, and Rihanna as their main musical influences. Together, the group can reach B3-E5 with a huge possibilities with harmonies.

UserPostedImage

Danielle Sparke is the oldest and has the strongest voice of the group. Born on April 19th, 1991 (24) to Deidra and Donald Sparke, she had a love for singing since she was toddler. Her dynamic range allows her to be a vocal threat and is usually the one who sings the lower parts of songs due to her range. Her musical inspirations include, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, and Girl Spice. Her favorite color is Red, she loves hip hop music and is considered to be the "Leader" and feisty one of the group. She was bullied a lot growing up because of her weight but she has since found the confidence to ignore and embrace her size. "It's all about doing what you want and not letting other people get to you. There's always going to be someone who doesn't like you but there's always 100 more people who love you!" She has two brothers and a sister; Maya, Graham, and Teddy. Her symbol is a boom box.

Aubrei Turner is the second oldest, and her voice is categorized as Mezzosoprano, about 2,5 octaves range. Born on December 2nd, 1993 (22) to Lila and Carver Turner, she started singing when she was 10. She typically is identified as having the weaker voice of the group but it doesn't hold her back at all. Her musical inspirations include, Cherise, Hannah Beth, and Girl Spice. Her favorite color is green and she loves mostly R&B/Pop music. She's considered as being the "diva" of the group although to an extent. Before she was in the group, she worked as an office assistant for a local doctor's office. "I guess you could say that I love the attention. I love having fun and outspoken and sometimes people just take it the wrong way. I'm a sweetheart though, but I'm not shy. It's one of the reasons I love Girl Spice, because they've never been afraid to do anything. I love that kind of confidence and you can hear it through their music too." She has two sisters; Brianna and Jazzmine. Her symbol is a cap.

Bianca Hughes was born on June 21st, 1994 (21) to Alexander and Talia Hughes. She was originally born in Ontario, Canada but moved to Michigan when she was 2 years old after her parents decided to relocate. Bianca is the highest voice, maybe a young Fach Soprano by definition, as 3 octaves range, reaching E5. Her voice is not 100% formed, but her voice will be really light on future. Even though she is close with the other girls, she's had a closer friendship with Lacy due to them attending the same elementary school together whereas the rest of the girls met during middle school. She is often referred to as the "Freespirt" of the group, having a love for nature and animals as well although has been criticized for not being a vegan to which she replied, "I love animals but I love meat, deal with it! :)" Her musical inspirations include Madonna, Arianna Harley, and Spice Girls. "I love all of these women because they represent different parts of me. You have Madonna who has always done things how she wanted and went completely against the normal grind. Arianna has that mystery to her and the sexy undertone where you just want to listen to her but also you're kind of scared, and Spice Girls were just the ultimate girl group who were sassy and fun." Her favorite color is blue and she loves Indie/Alternative music the most. She also has an older brother named Axel. Her symbol is a sunflower.

Lacy Ward is the "baby" of the group and the youngest. She was born on February 18th, 1995 (20) to Elise and Conor Ward. She met Bianca when the two attended the same elementary school and then met the other girls in middle school. She has the second to strongest voice and is categorized as having almost 3 octaves range and have a Light lyric mezzosoprano voice. She is often described as the "silly" one of the group and has a love of all things Disney. Her musical inspirations include Britney Spears, Dominic Brown, and Katy Perry, loving mostly Pop music. "I've always been a very bubbly person and silly. I just love dressing up and being girly you know? I love bows and just having fun in general. Disney is also my favorite franchise in the entire world. I wanted to be a princess so much when I was growing up and they are just really inspirational and that's what I want to do with music, be an inspiration to someone." Her favorite color is purple and she is close friends with Jade of Pretty Little Freaks. She has a younger brother named Justin. Her symbol is a bow.

UserPostedImage
[Singles]
Control Room - Single (2012)
Kiss (That I Hate) - Single (2012)
Without You Boys - Single (2012)
Girls Like Us - Single (2012)
Urban Knockouts - Single (2013)
Earthquake - Single (2013)
Breakthrough - Single (2015)
Constant - Single (2016)
On The Rocks - Single (2016)

[Albums]
Control Room EP (2012)
Endless Dopeness EP (2012)
LUSH EP (2016)

UserPostedImage
- LUSH sign with Permanent Reminder
- "Breakthrough" announced as lead single from new album
- LUSH performs at the 2nd Annual Fall Festival
- "Constant" announced as the second single from new album
- LUSH announced first tour!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 19 January 2017 15:25:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 17/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 17/07/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 17/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2015 06:55:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Released: July 27th, 2015
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2014
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:36
Label: Permanent Reminder
Writer(s): Bianca Hughes, Marty Allen, Dee Allen
Producer(s): Phil N.

Background & Description

"Breakthrough" is the lead single from girl group LUSH (formerly known as 4U Girls). It was released on July 27th, 2015 and was co-written by Bianca Hughes, Marty Allen, and Dee Allen, with production from Phil N. It serves as the groups lead single from their upcoming album as well as their first single in 2 years since their hiatus from the industry.

The girls announced their return in mid-July after they found themselves without a label since Kiss My Pop Records was taken over by Five Pesky Kids. This ultimately led them to sign on to Permanent Reminder. They had noticeably changed everything from their label to image as they presented a more Pop friendly image as opposed to their 'aggressive' urban image before. The four girls had been recording the past two years, trying to find their sound as well as work on their vocals and songwriting. This was a result of having nightly songwriting camps. The girls also comment that they were very involved with their album this time and the album features more songwriting from them and consistent production. The song was recorded in Royal Oak, Michigan at Ozone Music and Sound. Musically, the track has a bit of a soulful influence with a Pop undertone. The mid-tempo song can be compared to that of Adele or even Leona Lewis. The girls sing over stomping Americana-folk beats and taut guitar twangs, and you can hear the progression of their vocals, more noticeable Danielle and Bianca who have the strongest voices of the pack and Lacy and Aubrei are mixed in beautifully as they all get a chance at the spotlight throughout the song. The beautiful harmonies really set the track apart with the breakdown in the bridge of the song. It's clear they are not to be undermined with their singing talents.

Danielle starts off the song with her low alto range with the first two lines until the other girls join in on the third line with their harmonizing. Dani then sings the next line as the girls again come together for the last line. As the song continues on, Bianca then sings the first half of the verse, followed by Aubrei. Lacy and Aubrei both sing the pre-chorus, with Dani and Bianca doing the background vocals, then come together for the chorus. Lacy sings the first half of the second verse and then Aubrei assists her as the other girls repeat the pattern, singing the pre-chorus with the back up harmonies from the remaining girls. They sing the chorus together again before breaking off for the bridge, in which they sings together with Dani ending each line and Aubrei singing the stray line before the chorus. Once the beat comes back in, the girls are singing together again with Bianca being sectioned off for solo vocals. Bianca is the chosen one since she has the highest soprano voice and is able to really hit the higher notes while the other girls remain together without lacking in harmony. Lyrically, the track can be seen as figuratively or literally in which case the girls relate to it either way. In the figurative way, the song is about being able to get into someone's heart and being able to penetrate that deep layer that oftentimes is neglected. In a literal way, the girls mention the song can be seen as a metaphor for their comeback, as they try to once again 'break through' to their audience and fans and hoping they will be able to stay.

Danielle Aubrei Lacy Bianca

[Chorus]
Waiting for my words to get through your scars
But you keep taking my words with grains of salt

And I don't
I don't wanna give up on you
So I still hope, I hope that I can make a breakthrough

[Verse 1]
You think you got me figured out
That I'm just so predictable
When in truth I'm incomparable
You've got the cards but I make you fold

Keep, keep you waiting on your knees
Just admit that you love the tease
Have you standing back on your feet
Cause you ain't the easiest to please

[Pre-Chorus]
(Ooh) I love the rush through my veins, the adrenaline
But when I'm on top I get pushed back again

We going through this cycle
But we're breaking that cycle

[Chorus]
And I don't

And I don't

[Verse 2]
Heard you found someone in my place
We both know it won't be the same
They can try, try to imitate
But this world could never duplicate

So-somebody else like me
You know I know it's true
And I know you know, it too
So come on, who you trying to fool?

[Pre-chorus]
(Ooh) Waiting for my words to get through your scars
And I don't

[Chorus]
And I don't

[Bridge]
Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
Hope it's working, ye-eah

Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
We're gonna make a breakthrough
Hope it's working, ye-eah

[Chorus]
And I don't
So I still hope, I hope that I can make a breakthrough (I ho-o-ope, I ho-o-ope)

Waiting for my words to get through your scars (I keep waiting)
But you keep (You ke-e-e-ep) taking my words with grains of salt
And I don't

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 14 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 27/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 27/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 27/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 27/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 27/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 27/07/2015(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 28/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/07/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 29/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 28 July 2015 02:40:16(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: OMG, I love this song so much right now! I got goosebumps while listening to it !! Queen Aubrei snatched my wig so hard ♥ love you girls
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2015 02:57:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17923 time(s) in 10416 post(s)
Erica:well...far be it for me to say the likes of synco and Mimi need to look over the shoulder,but.....look over your shoulder. This ladies took a big risk and I think it worked. Usually when I think twangy..I think of squealing. Like a pig. But now I think about ex lovers. Some whom probably are squealing like a pig right now.

Nina: I only tried it once,love!

Erica:oh....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 19 January 2017 15:25:09(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

We're hitting the road next month and we want YOU to be apart of it! There's still tickets left and we want the chance to meet all of our lovely fans! Make sure you don't miss our first ever tour <3 - LUSH

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/01/2017(UTC), kandii on 19/01/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/01/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/01/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 20/01/2017(UTC)