logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 12 September 2015 03:04:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
EVANGELION OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
ALBUM THREAD

UserPostedImage
Album Title: Evangelion OST
Release Date: 9/11/15
Recorded: 2014 - 2015
Label: Warner Bros, Various
Genre: Pop, R&B, Alternative
Producers: Various
Artists: Hannah Beth, Aaron Styles, mister_b, Aliya Rose, Medina, Johnny Carter, Cristina Lake, Liyah, Some Kind of Planet,
Adam Black, Riot! In The Boulevard, Reese Hollinsworth, Marianna Banter, Aikya Balan

Evangelion OST is the official soundtrack album to the 2015 film Evangelion, an English adaption of the Japanese series. The soundtrack album release will coincide with the theater release of the movie on September 11th, 2015 through Warner Bros Records a subsidiary of the movie's production studio, Warner Bros Entertainment. The Warner Bros action and fantasy movie starring Aaron is about a young and timid boy with a troubling past and deceased parents; who's life suddenly changes when he willingly signs up to be recruited as a fighter and must fight to save what's left of the world alongside others with Evangelions, human controlled cyborgs created by the UN as they go up against "Angels" who are outer space mutants looking to end the world once and for all. The soundtrack album features music from numerous artists that includes Hannah Beth, the films leading star Aaron Styles, mister_b, Aliya Rose, Medina, Johnny Carter, Cristina Lake, Liyah, Some Kind Of Planet, Adam Black, Riot! In The Boulevard, Reese Hollinsworth, Marianna Banter, and Aikya Balan. The album also features production from numerous producers that lent a helping hand in creating the initial songs for the albums submission. Throughout the era of the soundtrack album, we have gotten quite a few singles as well.

In 2013, before the album was done filming, plans for the soundtrack album were being planned by Warner. When word got around that the films leading star Aaron Styles could indeed sing, he was quickly paired up with mister_b in 2014 to create the albums leading single. The pairing of Aaron Styles and mister_b seemed to spearhead the initial soundtrack album formation as doors opened to submit songs to the record label for the album placement. Throughout the album, musically, many of the songs are deep and emotional records that go perfectly with the climatic edge of the action packed movie that has many emotional moments. The album also features records that are uplifting and speak of overcome and bravery, something that was a major aspect of the actual film as the movie stars a young boy who goes from timid and depressed being to a strong and heroic fighter. The tracks features on the soundtrack album tells this story and get this across in numerous genres including pop, dance pop, synth-pop, rock, indie, and R&B.

On June 5th, 2015 the first single from the Evangelion soundtrack was released. The collaboration between Aaron Styles and mister_b was announced as "Shine". The empowering record became a massive success topping the charts at #1 and even received a nomination for best single collaboration at the FCA V. The next single was promotional cut "Postpone" which was performed by Hannah Beth. The record was critical success and really breathed light into the different layers the soundtrack would have that would mirror into the movie. The next single was released was the penned and performed song by Riot! In The Boulevard. The Saviour They All Think I am was the emotional offering that was another stellar cut from the soundtrack and although it was in no way intended to please the masses of mainstream radio, it still managed to crack the Top 5 and become another hit for not only Riot! but the OST too. The latest release from the soundtrack was the Liyah assisted Long Distance Lies that features vocals from Cristina Lake. The song was sent to airplay charts one week ago and once again showed audiences the wide range of genre's and topics that would be covered on the soundtrack that spans thirteen tracks and go for nearly an hour.

TRACKLISTING

1. Shine (performers: Aaron Styles/mister_b)
2. Postpone (performers: Hannah Beth)
3. When You've Hit The Service (performers: Aikya Balan)
4. Looking Back, All I See is A Fogged Mirror (performers: Some Kind Of Planet)
5. Long Distance Lies (performers: Cristina Lake/Liyah)
6. Great Blue Sky (performers: Aaron Styles)
7. The Saviour They All Think I am (performers: Riot! In The Boulevard)
8. Bad Man Invention (performers: Adam Black)
9. Red Storm (performers: Medina)
10. Lonely (performers: Johnny Carter)
11. Alien (performers: Reese Hollinsworth)
12. Rise To The Sky (performers: Aliya Rose)
13. Hide (performers: Marianna Banter)

Edited by user 16 September 2015 14:08:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 12/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 12 September 2015 03:46:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 1: SHINE (AARON STYLES & MISTER_B)

UserPostedImage
Title: Shine
Length: 3:36
Genre: Pop, Electro, EDM
Songwriers: Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b), Aaron Styles
Producers: Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b)
Taken From - Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Aaron Styles has quickly risen to become one of the major breakout stars this year. The 16 year old actor, model and part time singer has already garnered an impressive resume for someone of his age. The New York native has quickly become a new force in the modeling world, most notably becoming the cover star of the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of Man About Town. Aside from that, Aaron has also modeled clothing for H&M in their summer 2015 line, and has now signed on to do the same for Reserved, another prestigious clothing store. Although the fresh faced starlet has a knack for modeling, his true love and niche is in the acting world. At just 16, Aaron is already a hot prospect. He has starred in the netflix-only film "Chasing Sally" and prior to that Styles has appeared in Walt Disney's "Prom", "Science Fiction Land" and "Shark Business", not to mention being apart of the Joey Lawrence helmed "My Fake Fiance". However, none of these movies would feature the multi million dollar budget of Aaron's upcoming film "Evangelion", which is set to hit theater's this August. The Warner Bros action and fantasy movie starring Aaron is about a young and timid boy with a troubling past and deceased parents; who's life suddenly changes when he willingly signs up to be recruited as a fighter and must fight to save what's left of the world alongside others with Evangelions, human controlled cyborgs created by the UN as they go up against "Angels" who are outer space mutants looking to end the world once and for all. Aaron talks about it during his Man About Town Interview:

Quote:
"Evangelion's are man made controllable weapons created to protect humanity from what is called "Angels", beings who are extremely threatening to human life after a catastrophic event called second impact that kills thousands. Without giving too much away, I play a character named "Preston" who's life changes forever one night. He's a shy, extremely intelligent, down to earth young boy who has an intense obsession with trying to find out the secrets of his parents deaths during the "second Impact". After predictions are made for a third impact, Preston starts investigating these predictions and suddenly everything changes forever for him. I don't want to give away anymore but expect a lot of action, a bit of a post apocalyptic vibe and scenes worth watching. Preston's character develops so much throughout the movie as he goes from shy, depressed young boy to courageous hero and being able to portray that was really fulfilling"

The action packed film that is family friendly and could appeal to all audiences wrapped up it's post production in April 2015 and will experiences a wide and international theater release this summer. So what's a theater film without a soundtrack? Warner Bros put a green light on the formation of a soundtrack album for the movie in late 2014 and began forming ideas for what the album would actually sound like. The album will feature different artists performing songs to get the movies themes across better and the completed album will most likely experiences an August 2015 release as well. When the sound track album's head executive producer Shawn Moretsky got word that Aaron was indeed also a gifted singer, he wanted to test out how well the actor actually was. Aaron was called in for a meeting where he was asked to sing and essentially blew the producer away. Shawn stated "I was like, what the hell!? Is there anything that this boy cannot do?? I instantly felt like he needed to a featured vocal on the soundtrack. What's better than having a soundtrack, but having a soundtrack where the star of the movie is actually singing the leading single of the soundtrack album. It works perfect.". Styles was then referred to popular music DJ, Drake Anton Zaslavsky better known as mister_b. Drake was contacted prior to knowing he would be working with Aaron to possibly work on a track for the sound track album in which he accepted. Aaron and mister_b entered the studio together on March 2nd, where the DJ presented Aaron with a set of different written records and beats that he felt would be great for Aaron vocally and for the initial themes set for the movie. Aaron instantly fell in love with a track entitled "Shine", but felt he could write parts of the track to better fit himself and the film. One week later, the two met again to actually record the track since Aaron finished writing and mister_b was done mixing the final rip of the song, ready for vocals. Aaron and mister_b finished the track only two days later and the track was then mixed once again and was ready for release, in June, the single was officially ready to be distributed and released.

Shine is a single performed by Aaron Styles and features the production values by the collaborated artist mister_b, and is the leading single taken from the Evangelion movie sound track album entitled Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. The single was written by it's performers, Aaron Styles and mister_b and will be released on June 7th, 2015 to digital outlets and to airplay radio stations as well. This single is also the introduction to Aaron Styles as a vocalist and could be looked at as a debut record for the actor who has already gotten his foot into acting and modeling.

Lyrically, "Shine" is an empowering record about coming in contact with someone or something that lifts you up and makes you feel stronger and more empowered all the while taking you out of your darkness to experience a sense of euphoria, strength and courage. Although the single could be looked at as a love song, it works hand and hand with anything that essentially makes you feel strong or brave and is in direct relation to the Evangelion soundtrack as in the movie Aaron ("Preston") goes from a shy timid boy to heroic fighter after coming in contact with his Evangelion in which he is control of, and the machine instantly gives him massive strength and power to fight, which is something the character never experiences before. As said before, even though the single is in direct comparison to the movie, it can be largely relate-able to anyone who feels they are taken out of a sense of darkness once they find something, or someone that makes them happy or feel brave. Aaron uses his stellar vocals to get this message across over a EDM beat.

Production wise, "Shine" features pumping beats and stellar synths courtesy of mister_b that charge from the very opening sequence of the record that easily proclaims the attention of the listener. Aaron's heavenly tone and range stands tall over the quick backing beat. The teen star seems to have a lighter tone than most of his male counter parts and it works exceptionally well over the dance pop vibe of the record. "You make me feel as the only one, Never before, I knew what true courage was" Aaron declares on one of the verse lines, before the pounding chorus proves itself too catchy to be rejected in the electro banger of this infectious leading single, it's certainly a breath of fresh air to hear a record that is lyrically different from the essentially pop record. Aaron proves that he can go into higher tones as he sings out the chorus with power and capacity almost entering a belt but keeping it in his safe zone and staying true to his vocal abilities and so does not enter a belt. During the bridge, the song breaks into an atmospheric thrill that features synths were Aaron emotionally sings about feeling like a soldier ready for war, feeling real, and no longer being afraid before Aaron makes use of his vocals and does a shocking high note before the song breaks into the chorus once more. After the final chorus, the song then goes into a final powerful dance break that could take the listener by surprise, the electric dubstep driven instrumental lasts only a few seconds but is the perfect ending to an empowering dance pop record.

SHINE

Under your spell, I’m well
Safe embraced by your good luck charm
The way I felt, I can tell
You fix my disarm

I don’t need to hide anymore
Don’t need to be afraid of the future
You make me feel as the only one
Never before, I knew what true courage was

You took me out of the sameness
And my life is no more stagnant
You took me out of the darkness
And now I shine brighter than diamonds

And those opaque days, loneliness
Used to my best friend
When I had reach the limit
You showed me strength

I only have reasons to laugh
Sadness had been left in the past
‘Cause you took me out of the darkness
And I don’t need to be afraid

You make me feel like a soldier
Ready to fight this war
You make me feel real
I’m not afraid anymore
I’m not the same
And you were the reason
That made me change
Oh!

*DANCE BREAK*

Break Free - Instrumental
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 12 September 2015 04:08:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 2: POSTPONE (HANNAH BETH)

UserPostedImage

OOC: Song and RP by RoseJapanfan :)

Title: "Postpone"
Length: 4:01
Genre: Synthpop
Label: Studio60 Records
Released: July 15th, 2015
Written By: Ariel Hunter, Sunny Monroe, Phil N., Hannah Beth Merjos-Caulfield
Produced By: Phil N, Hayden Merjos

Description
“Postpone” is a song my recording artist Hannah Beth. It appears as the second single from the “Evangelion” soundtrack as well as her own album which is scheduled for release later on this year. It was released in July, written by Caulfield, Ariel hunter, Sunny Monroe, and Phil N. It was produced by Phil N, and Hayden Merjos, with a string arrangement by Oliver Kraus. It can be described as an orchestral synthpop track with lyrics recounting a relationship gone wrong. It centers on the growth and ultimate destruction of it and finds the singer hoping to keep a friendship between the two afterwards, as she pleads for him not to “give up on her.” The song has an intensity to it along with Caulfield’s vocals as she triumphantly sings the tale. Towards the bridge, she recognizes that the relationship ultimately failed because of her but still pleads to not be “postponed” or cast aside. Hannah's warm yet powerful vocals bleed all over the track as she cements her place as a powerhouse. Monroe, who is known for writing some range challenging songs, felt the song "was perfect for Hannah and showcases her as one of the great talents." The track also features backing vocals from Monroe.

"The song is powerful not just because of the music but because of the message and the words. Even if the words are simple, the message isn't. It's hard to describe a great love and great friendship. Sometimes people grow apart and yet still have so much love for one another that their friendship remains intact. It's a great song about being able to see the error of your ways and owning up to your faults and mistakes. It's about the regret you feel for losing that person as a lover but the gratefulness you feel for having them as a friend. It's just a very moving and powerful song."

[Verse 1]
Remember when we first talked and went to war
Then we raised our flags to understand
After all we weren’t that much different
Now I don’t want to live in a world apart
Or think about you walking out
Even though I know our hearts were conflicted

I say I’m sorry, say I’m sorry all the time
So much the word starts to lose its meaning
Incapable of showing how much you mean

[Chorus]
Don’t give up on me right now
There’s still so much joy left to be found
I’m no longer bound
Left you when you needed me the most
Turned around and I left you alone
But don’t give up on me right now, don’t leave our love postponed

[Verse 2]
Had my back when all the world was in front of me
Trying desperately to pull me down to my knees, but
After all we weren’t that much different
There were days I felt you were against me too
But still us two seemed to stick like glue
Even though I know our hearts were conflicted

So much the word starts to lose its meaning
Incapable of showing how much you mean

[Chorus]
I’m no longer bound

[Bridge]
I can now admit that I was it
I killed our happiness
I killed our trust
I killed our bliss
I killed our friendship

[Chorus]
I’m no longer bound

[Chorus]
I’m no longer bound

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/09/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 12 September 2015 05:53:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 3: WHEN YOU'VE HIT THE SURFACE (AIKYA BALAN)

UserPostedImage

Aikya Balan shows her most vulnerable side yet in When You've Hit The Surface, an Indie Pop raspy piano ballad. Serving as a complete piece of beauty on the Evangelion OST, the rawness of the lyrics, the timidness of the piano, the singer's voice and the melodic backing vocals comes together to make one depressing yet elegant song. A change from the previous "coming of age" feel and lyrics about bravery, Balan turns the album down for a minute, standing on the flip side of things and making a disturbing track about the courage it takes to commit suicide. Though she is serving as the antagonists who eggs on the twisted thoughts and basically tells the listener to "cut deeper, don't be a pussy", it's clear that Aikya is as weak as the mindset she's influencing, her effortless wailing graciously cracking, implying that she knows what it's like to be in that same position. Maybe even in the song she was talking to herself, the DEVOURED singer being known for her struggles with social anxiety, self-restraint and depression. Showcasing such a haunting track and eerie theme in such a brilliant way, Balan comments on the track, briefly saying;

They told me to write a song about becoming powerful and confident or something like that. I don't really know what that feels like, at least not to [that] degree. So from that one, very small yet heavy-weighted degree that I do know of having balls, I wrote this. Please don't listen to me on the song, I made it from my lowest perspective of life only for [the listener] to find the stupidity that lies within it. I don't condone suicide or even just "cutting", it's horrible, it's shameful. But I won't stop myself from writing about it and the constant tug-of-war that I face daily.

[...]

I guess my real aim for this track was to prove that sometimes... things sound a certain way in your head but when you hear it out loud, you realize how idiotic it is. I hope that's what people take from this.

Don't stop now, baby you are halfway there
You've only hit the surface
Don't stop now, you said that you were not scared
But you've only hit the surface

And you're crying out, for the help that never came
To your surprise, this takes the courage that you've never claimed
Stuck bleeding out
The pain's going nowhere
But just maybe...if you fade...

Don't stop now, baby you are halfway there
You've only hit the surface
Don't stop now, you've lived your whole life scared
It's time you've hit the surface

Stuck crying out, and your tongue wont make out the words
Stuck standing tall, just when the roof is caving in
Where is Alice now? How did she make it?
In a world full of tongue-twisters and walls that surrender
It's clear there's no real way to fake it

Some people are just made, to be broken
Like some are meant to be saved, and the rest are left hoping
If you know your fate, why should you wait for your date?
I know you're tired of counting the days...

Stuck crying out, for the help that never came
To your surprise, this living thing takes the courage that you've never claimed
Stuck bleeding out
The pain's going nowhere
But if you fade...if you fade...

Don't stop now, don't stop now
Living your life scared
It's time you've hit the surface...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 12 September 2015 14:41:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 4: LOOKING BACK, ALL i SEE IS A FOGGED MIRROR (SOME KIND OF PLANET)

UserPostedImage
Title: Looking Back, All I See is A Fogged Mirror
Artist: Some Kind of Planet
Genre: Post Hardcore/Emo
Length: 5:11

Looking Back, All I See is A Fogged Mirror is the first official track marking Some Kind of Planet's transition from Dance Punk into Post Hardcore. The song, commissioned for the movie, Evangelion, is a song about moving away from home, where one has friends, to a place where one is alone. Even though the change was necessary, there is heavy regret and a heartache for a social life. The song is primarily instrumental, utilizing only one hook with the end changing up the chorus. Instrumentally, it features complex drum parts, delayed guitars, and heavily overdriven bass; a sound completely new to the former dance punk band.

I know you won't forgive me
I know I needed change
But I'll never look back as I run away from this
Burning apartment
My desolation follows me, no matter what I do
The best I can do is settle for nothing.

(I forgive you)

I won't ever forgive you
I won't ever pretend
I'll never look back as I run away from this
Burning apartment
My desolation follows me, no matter what I do
The best I can do is settle for nothing.

I won't ever forgive you
I won't ever pretend
I'll never look back as I run away from this
Moving away from home
This terrible place
Was a mistake!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 13/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 15/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 12 September 2015 14:44:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 5: LONG DISTANCE LIES (CRISITNA LAKE/LIYAH)

UserPostedImage
Official 'EVANGELION' Soundtrack Single
Single taken from "Toxic Woman" album

Title: Long Distance Lies
Length: 4:29
Genre: Indie Rock, Surf Rock,
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Devine Michaels, Sergiy King, Tealiyah Phuong (Liyah)
Producers: Dan Auerbach
From The Album: Toxic Woman/Evangelion OST
Label: Daytime Listening, Warner Bros. Records

Brief Background

With only two weeks to go until the official release of highly anticipated Fantasy and Action film "Evangelion" to theaters, we are offered another official cut from it's promising soundtrack album. The OST will start streaming this week in preparation for the cinema arrival and soundtrack album release that will coincide. Over the course of the last months Evangelion's soundtrack has given the general public tastes of the long awaited upcoming movie that was announced last year to be starring fast rising actor, Aaron Styles. In the months leading up to the movie release on Friday - August 4th, 2015 we have gotten quite a few single releases from the soundtrack, television commercials, interviews by the movie's leading star and most recently a gripping exclusive look presented by Styles during the 2015 FCA's which shockingly featured Cristina Lake, who will be playing an important but vindictive politician in the fantasy world that the movie takes place in. Lake's contribution to the movie was kept secret for a long time until the exclusive look so it is even more so bittersweet that she'll now be appearing on the soundtrack as she preps her biggest movie role since 2012.

Cristina Lake has enjoyed her triumphant return to the spotlight this year in a big way. Lake hasn't certainly gone anywhere if you put thought into it but she experienced a long road since the last time she released an album before Toxic Woman. During her three year radius since the new album, Lake has filmed TV show's (Consequences, The Sweet Unknown) and released sporadic singles (that we were unsure if they would be on the album or not) since 2012 before announcing the new album but with no release date. Almost when it seemed like the album would never be released, Lake shocked the industry when she quietly released the album without notice on June 5th, 2015. The album become a massive success for Cristina, pushing her among the top of her game and giving her the biggest success of her career thus far. Cristina has always found herself to be the wildcard in the industry but in 2015 she became a powerhouse. She continues her successful and active reign today as the newest single from the Evanglion OST is unveiled.

Song Description & Composition

Long Distance Lies performed by recording artist Cristina Lake set to hit radio stations, digital outlets and will be available for streaming on August 25th, 2015 as the next single from the OST and an release from the deluxe physical edition of "Toxic Woman". The record was written by Cristina Lake, Devine Michaels, Sergiy King and Liyah and was produced by Dan Auerbach. The record gets back to Cristina Lake's roots and has a very catchy vibe to the beats but in no way touches the pop mainstream landscape Luckily enough, the song could sit comfortably on radio stations as a indie jam. Cristina sounds much more authentic on this record and "more at home" so to say with the laid back beats and guitar riffs that cause Cristina Lake to really showcase her hallow and big vocals. "Long Distance Lies" also tells a very compelling tale of love and heartbreak making it the perfect fit for the emotional and captivating "Evangeion" movie. Cristina Lake brings her vocals over the slow and suspense filled indie rock production that keeps the listener well attentive as she tells a tale. In the record Cristina sings about a a girl who falls deeply in love with someone who is long distance but everything comes crashing down when the lover turns out to all be a lie and at the end of it all, that girl takes it as a learning experience to become a stronger person. Liyah also makes the record stand out even more, as she gives a cutting edge to the remix of the original song. It's an unlikely pair for rap act Liyah and Cristina Lake to work together given the difference in genre but to our surprise the duo make the perfect sense here on LDL. Liyah does not sound out of place over the indie rock production as she effortlessly fits well with the production. From the very opening beats, that includes a quick and spicy drum and symbol opening that quickly turns in a melodic atmospheric backing beat that adds in surf guitar riffs and drums giving the opening beat a very expressive and interesting intro and over those instruments Liyah begins rapping over with her whispery yet sharp speaking flow.

Following Liyah's verse, no time is wasted and Cristina begins singing and telling the story of this girl who is in love, a love that resides behind screens of cell phones and computer screens. Her voice is whispery, sexy and captivating in true Cristina Lake nature. Cristina continues singing adding in |Long distance doesn't feel so long after all| meaning that when you're talking to a person with long distance, it doesn't actually seem all that far away in the end. The story is just starting as Cristina sings continuing on, explaining that the girl has been lost in fantasy and tossed reality. Believing that everything this person was offering was authentic and true, and the love she felt for him was infinite. As finishes the final line, the song breaks down and slows down adding in a much more eerie vibe as with the drums slowing, surf guitars slowing and even the dark backing beat. Cristina lake coos out Ooooh Oooh Baby Ah La La and breaks into the chorus as she sings as if she is speaking to the person that the girl has fell in love with. Singing out: She was your superstar, ended up in a jar| Giving you her all, unprepared for the fall|Even though she showed herself, stripped naked from head to toe|She was just another used bottle abused by lies| She was part of a lie, set apart by distance; As she tells the deep tale of the girl being a superstar that was stripped naked showing her true self to this person she was in love with a thousand miles away and in the end it seemed to all be a lie. Cristina lake sounds very seductive when she sings these parts but at the same time captivating and serious and in a manner in which you can tell she is telling a story. As she sings the chorus, the beats sways nicely behind her mixing her vocals very well with the production values presented. As the chorus rides out the beats pick up once again as to where they were when the song first started before the chorus. In the next part of the song. Cristina gives an insight into the girl and the after math of this deep story of lies.

Cristina explains that the girl was crushed by the fantasy she had in her mind of falling in love with someone so far away and rushed back to the reality of what it really was. Cristina sings in the same manner she did in the previous verse, seductively but seriously with her hallow but laid back vocals. She continues to speak as if she is speaking to the person who committed the long distance lie and explains that the guy is the girls first true heart break (worst one) and even goes on to sing to sing out: You’ve missed your chance being the first to ever hear words I love you|; and continues to explain that they still insisted in lying, causing this poor girl to be broken in to little parts. The beats of the track then pick up a bit more as Cristina tells a more positive aspect of the story as it passes the climax, its now the aftermath. She then begins to sing explaining that the girl learned from her mistakes and that it's an experience to make someone just a stronger person as she murmurs: She’s going to spread her wings, spring away|Fly 1,000 miles just to forget those debts| Memories are treasured but you’ve became a displeasure. The beats then slow down and Cristina gets back into the chorus. Following the chorus she continues to sing about the girls uprising and how she will realized that it was all a lie and that in the end it made her stronger. The song then hits the chorus once more before it rides out.

Liyah - Dark Blue
Cristina - Black

Never believed in love at first sight
But I do enjoy the scenery
And how you broke in, no questions, stole my affection
With that lowkey thievery
Uh, we never had the answers only cheat sheets
It was me and you vs. the streets
Living across the seas, the furthest away but the closest to greatness
So close I can taste it, love in the air and it's my favorite fragrance

Behind a screen, 1,000 miles she smiles
A love so strong, feeling wronged
Long distance doesn't feel so long after all
She’s been lost in a fantasy, tossed from reality
The love she felt for you was infinite

She was your superstar, ended up in a jar
Giving you her all, unprepared for the fall
Even though she showed herself, stripped naked from head to toe
She was just another used bottle abused by lies
She was part of a lie, set apart by distance

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

She was crushed by a fantasy, pushed back to reality
You were the first hun to enlist as the worst one
You’ve lost your chance being the first to ever hear the words I love you
That wasn't enough to keep you from bluffing
Tearing her heart into little parts

But that won’t stop her from getting up, prying off
You’ve broke her heart, stole her pride but made her strong
She won’t let a thousand miles bring her down
Heart break is the worst pain yet experience is the best wake
She’s going to spread her wings, spring away
Fly all those miles just to forget the gray
Memories are treasured but you’ve became a displeasure

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

Lessons gives it's reasons
Beyond that screen, you’ve become a scene
She can now see the lies
She’s become stronger than ever
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

She won’t let a thousand miles bring her down
Heart break is the worst pain yet experience is the best wake
And now she has woken

Now the mileage is finished cus a thousdand was too much to handle, handle
I'm not a betting woman but I bet this outcome I could gamble, gamble
Had a dream of us, on the beach, in the east, living the life of luxury
But this sleeping beauty, chunked the deuce to the prince, and got a kiss from reality

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La
Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La
Ooooh Baby Ooooh Baby
Ah La La

[/color]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 12/09/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 12/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 13/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 13 September 2015 03:48:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 6: GREAT BLUE SKY (AARON STYLES)

UserPostedImage

Title: Great Blue Sky
Artist: Aaron Styles
Genre: Pop, Alternative
Length: 3:30

Great Blue Sky is the sixth track featured on the Evangelion OST. The song is performed by the star of the Evangelion movie, Aaron Styles and is the second song Aaron contributed on the soundtrack, with the other being the soundtracks leading single "Shine". Unlike Shine however, Great Blue Sky takes a much more vulnerable approach and is a synth driven pop ballad that tells a story of a person coming in contact with someone that has since lost their life and the ghost or afterlife is speaking to them and telling them that all will be okay and that there is always someone watching from the "Great Blue Sky". Throughout the track, the person is having a conversation with the afterlife, obviously still grieving over the loss of this person and Aaron tells the story perfectly with the use of his emotional vocals. The single itself goes perfectly with one of the themes featured in the Evangelion Movie. In the movie, Preston's parents lose their lives tragically and he is left wishing they were back with him but he must pull through without them. The deep lyrics, dark production and vulnerable feeling of this song makes it a perfect addition to the soundtrack and a direct comparison to the events that happen in the movie, and for someone who is mainly an actor and a model, Aaron proves himself as a potential powerhouse singer as he leads the track and the second overall on the album.

I can’t seem to think straight,
And it’s all because of what happened that day.
But then a breeze flew into my ear,
Which to me, sounded like someone’s whisper.

Don’t get shaken up, don’t bring yourself down.
Because life is always a mystery,
What goes on all around us no one can explain why.
So please don’t cry, please don’t grieve.
No matter what the tragedy, I know deep down
There is someone special looking down from the great blue sky

And when I turned my head, I found no one was there
To take this guilt away from me, so the tears continued to stay.
When the sky grew black as midnight, me fast asleep,
That’s when I saw you in my dream telling me it will be okay.

What goes on around all of us no one can explain why.
There is someone special looking down from the great blue sky.

How is it up there? I really wish right now that I could know.
Back when you were down here planted to the ground,
You and I exchanged our trust in each others’ hearts,
That could never be touched by anyone else.

So when I think back to then, I always seem to get emotional,
And try so hard to calm down the soaking tears that try to escape.
It’d be so much easier just to bury it all, but I won’t do it,
Cause’ then it’d be like you never were here from the very start to the bitter end.

Edited by user 13 September 2015 03:54:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 13/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 13/09/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 13/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 13 September 2015 04:26:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 7: THE SAVIOUR THEY ALL THINK I AM (RIOT! IN THE BOULEVARD)

UserPostedImage

Title: “The Saviour They All Think I Am”
By: Riot! In The Boulevard
From: Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (August 2015)
Release Date: July 25, 2015
Length: 4:32
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada - June 2015
Genre: Alternative Rock, Rock, Soundtrack
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: June 2015
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin, Jason Greenberg
Producer(s): Riot! In The Boulevard, Avil Hartman

“The Saviour They All Think I Am” is a song by American rock band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’, written and recorded exclusively for the Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. In May 2015 the band put themselves forward to contribute a song to the English Movie adaptation of the popular Japanese Anime series Evangelion, it’s rumoured that the band were delighted to be given the opportunity to contribute a song to the Movie, they reportedly finished writing the song within days of being officially offered the opportunity due to drawing inspiration from the original TV series, they quickly came up with a chorus that they felt they could build the song around and it’s title “The Saviour They All Think I Am” came directly from the songs chorus.
When talking about contributing a song to the Movie, lead singer Amy Meyer stated her falling in love with the story as a driving force behind the rapid pace at which the band wrote the song, “It’s a story that I really fell in love with, at it’s core it’s about finding a courage and strength in yourself that you didn’t know you had and certainly over the last year it’s something that I can relate to strongly. When we heard they were looking for people to contribute to the soundtrack, we just had to do whatever we could to be involved in the Movie in some small way and I hope that we have done it justice with our song.”

The song was written in early June 2015 by all three members of the band, Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg and was recorded during the sessions for their upcoming fifth studio album “Boycott Love”. The track was produced by the band alongside regular collaborator Avil Hartman and sees the band venture into new territory with a soundtrack song. The song will become part of the Evangelion soundtrack and is released as the third official single from the movies album, following the first “Shine” featuring both Aaron Styles and Mister_b and the most recent “Postpone” by Hannah Beth.
It’s also expected that the track will be made available on Riot!’s upcoming album “Boycott Love” as a bonus track, which the band are still currently working on in the studio with an expected release date of September. Whether the song becomes a major part of the bands ever-growing music collection remains to be seen, but it’s sure to be seen as another plus for fans that had previously thought days of hearing new music from the Las Vegas trio were over at least for a while.

“The Saviour They All Think I Am” is the fourth single released from Riot! In The Boulevard since their unexpected return earlier in the year. It’s also the seventeenth single released in their career since breaking through back in 2011, picking up seven number one’s along the way. It continues the build and anticipation towards their next record which has so far seen the band release a brand new single each month since April and is expected to continue with a new single each month until the albums expected release date of September. The track was written in early June 2015 and was recorded at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada. The song along with all the other songs being recorded for their next album was produced entirely by the band alongside long-time producer and collaborator Avil Hartman and will be released through Studio60 Records in formats that include CD Single, Digital Download and Weekly Airplay and will be released on July 25, 2015.

BACKGROUND & SONG DESCRIPTION;

The song opens up with a melodic piano introduction and is quickly accompanied by the soft emotive tones of the voice of Amy Meyer, it feels slow and sombre to begin with and sets the mood during the first verse as the female vocalist delivers the lyrics of the opening verse in her unmistakable voice, “Some people were born to love, others born to fight/Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved/I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice/I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice/Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour/I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders”. She sings with passion and as the first verse comes towards the end, the energy suddenly picks up with the introduction of lead guitar, bass guitar and drums as they combine to provide the fire-power to the song as Amy now raises her voice and shows real passion in her vocal delivery of the opening verse’s final lyrics, “Maybe I can make this right/I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone/But I’ve just got to fight!/Fight!/To fight!/To fight! To Fight!.”

Now as the second verse arrives and the true mood of the song has been set, the additional instrumental delivery from both Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg have changed what seemed to begin as a soft ballad has evolved into an anthemic rock track and Amy once more shows the very range of her vocal ability, delivering her next lines with such energy and passion, it feels as though she truly believes in what she is singing as she bellows out lyrics drenched in religious imagery, perhaps her Christian upbringing is being channelled in this track as she sings, “I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am/And I’ll fight with my soul/I’ll do what I can/For every child, woman and man/I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am.”
The end of the second verse is complemented with a back and forth between Amy’s vocal and the lead guitar provided by Adam Benjamin with a repetitive delivery of the lyrics, “Fight! Fight! Fight!/Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah.” and a brief opportunity for the instruments to get a bit of spotlight as the lead guitar and drums lead us into the next verse.

The song slows a little as we can hear the soft tones of the piano keys, still highlighted by the guitar and drums combination, the song finds a balance between ballad and rock track and Amy dominates vocally once again, “They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me/To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century/But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s/I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?/Suddenly I must find my place/Somewhere among the pantheons of greats/I may be scared/But I must be brave.” and as that verse comes to a close we’re treated to the songs pre-chorus and second verse lyrics repeat to the fade-out. It seems like the band have been clever related the Evangelion movies theme into their own evolution and status as a band, in particular that final verse where Amy sings about being a normal kid, but having people look to follow her. It’s a nice way to end the song and wrap up the connection between movie and music.

LYRICS;

“Some people were born to love, others born to fight
Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved
I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice
I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice
Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour
I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders
Maybe I can make this right
I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone
But I’ve just got to fight!
Fight!
To fight!
To fight! To Fight!

I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am
And I’ll fight with my soul
I’ll do what I can
For every child, woman and man
I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me
To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century
But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s
I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?
Suddenly I must find my place
Somewhere among the pantheons of greats
I may be scared
But I must be brave

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

I’ll do what I can

I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am”

SOUND ALIKE;

PVRIS - HOLY

PERSONNEL;

Amy Meyer - lead vocals, lyrics, piano, composition, production
Adam Benjamin - lead guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg - bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Billie Langdon - drums, percussion
Avil Hartman - production, mixing, engineering

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

mebeme101 on 13/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 13/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 16 September 2015 13:33:40(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 8: BAD MAN INVENTION (ADAM BLACK)

UserPostedImage

Title: Bad Man Invention
Artist: Adam Black
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:00

"Bad Man Invention" is a song by American singer-songwriter Adam Black, the song is set to be included on the Evangelion soundtrack, the song is a Swing and Jazz number with lyrics having quite a dark feel to them despite the instrumental to the song being upbeat and seemingly happy, the song was written by Adam Black himself and once again talks about his time in rehab and how things were bad for him at his dark period of time, production for the track was handled by Phil Ramone who is known for producing swing and jazz hits for the likes of Tony Benett, the songs inclusion on the soundtrack marks Adam's last venture in music, after deciding to go back into acting and modelling.

The song starts with Adam singing the opening verse begin a bing band and swing feeled beat, Adam sings with a soft and light voice to emphasis the feeling of the song as he is the the beat behind him is changing slowly as he progresses further into the verse with a drum beat coming in towards the middle, the beat then speeds up slightly as Adam sings the first chorus again with a soft and light tone but with a bit more power in his vocals to get across what he is trying to say, as his finishes singing the chorus the beat changes back to just the piano beat as Adam begins to sing the second verse, instead of the soft and light tone to his voice for the second verse Adam sings in a powerful almost forceful tone this is again to emphasis what the lyrics say, as he continues to sing the second verse again as he is singing the beat behind him is changing and once again towards the middle the drum beat comes in, after Adam finishs the second verse he begins to sing the second chorus again with a soft and light tone but backed with a slightly powerful tone Adam almost towards the end of this chorus sings it in falsetto showing off his vocal range, after he finishes the second chorus the beat then changes once again to just the piano beat as Adam begins to sing the third verse of the song some count this verse as a bridge section as it's shorter than the other verses, as Adam is singing the third verse in falsetto once again the beat behind him is changing but this time no drum beat can be heard instead the piano beat changes it arrangement slightly, as the third verse comes to an end there is then a bridge section again were Adam shows off his vocal range with his now signature rifts and trills all sung in falsetto and in a light and breezy tone, after this there is yet another bridge section but Adam sings this bridge in a regular key but changes key towards the end to once again perform some vocal rifts, after the second bridge the beat changes again to the piano beat along with the drum beat as Adam sings the chorus for a final time again singing with a powerful and forceful tone to his voice but again also towards the end goes into a higer falsetto key as the song comes to an end after a five second outro.

Don't wanna be some kinda idiots
Don't want a be a mad man maniac
And can you see signs of disorders?
The messed up crazy America

Welcome to a bad man invention show
All around the skies are weapons
Where anything is meant to be no way
Sadden times come tomorrow
We're not the ones that show aggression
For that's enough to harm you

Well maybe I'm a fucked up American
It's not a crime on the cocaine defender
Now everybody sniff the revelation
And drink along to the age of destroyer

Don't wanna be some kinda idiot
One noght demanded by a maniac
Information signs of disorders
It's crying out to the bad man inventor

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 16 September 2015 13:41:23(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 9: RED STORM (MEDINA)

UserPostedImage

Title: Red Storm
Artist: Medina
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:45

All the things you were doing
Would put me in a rush
I wish I could have showed you how hard I fell in love
I prayed for a miracle
But instead got quarters in a cup
I wish it wouldn't have waited before you were gone
Warning sirens never approached you my lost love

Now my Red Storm has chosen you
And their is nothing I can do
It's pulling you to the eye
But it's pulling me to the edge

I don't need to ecstasy, to fire up this love
It only took me one kiss to make you comeback for some more
Lost in the highway and not knowing
Cause after the long storm, You went away, away for me

Pulling me, Careless Dream
And I fell for this
Not knowing
I have escaped the light
I can feel you deep down inside my dark mind
But it's alright, it's alright, it's alright

Pulling me, Careless Dream
And I fell for this
Not knowing
I have escaped the light
I can feel you deep down inside my dark mind
Oh, But it's alright, it's alright, it's alright

Edited by user 16 September 2015 13:44:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 16 September 2015 13:43:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 10: LONELY (JOHNNY CARTER)

UserPostedImage

Title: Lonely
Artist: Johnny
Genre: R&B
Length: 3:43
Writer(s): Jerkins, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Jerkins, Johnny Carter

"Lonely" is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter. The song was written and produced by Jerkins and Johnny for the 2015 film "Evangelion". "Lonely" is a R&B song; its lyrics make reference to hopelessness and the fear of being alone. When Johnny heard about the soundtrack of Evangelion, he wanted to be a part of it. "For me to have the opportunity to be a part of such a huge project as the Evangelion soundtrack is unbelievable. My song is mainly about lonileness and I think that everyone is afraid of this word. Everyone wants to be with people that love them and they love, so in my song I'm talking about the need to have someone by your side."

I'm here tonight and I'm singing but the pain won't go away
I'm trying to make me feel alive but I'm feeling dead inside
I want to let it go but I don't have the strength
I'm drowning in my thoughts, I need you to help me
I'm feeling lonely
I try to control it but it's hard to fight back
And it's hard to live like this but I hope I will survive
And I can't do it alone, could you guide me
'Cause I'm drowning in my thoughts, I need you to help me

I'm feeling lonely
And I don't wanna be the only person sitting alone across the wall
And I don't want the only friend I have, leaving me alone
And I don't want to be alone
I'm not able to live when I am lost in this dream, I need you to help me
I'm feeling lonely

I'm lost again 'cause no one's here to be by my side
To support me in these days of mine that I can't sleep alright
To give me comfort and make me smile

I'm feeling lonely
I'm feeling lonely

I have to survive when nobody is around
'Cause I'm tired of begging you, I think I'm dying
I won't be feeling this way, no more

I'm feeling lonely
I'm feeling lonely

Edited by user 16 September 2015 13:47:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 16 September 2015 13:50:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 11: ALIEN (REESE HOLLINSWORTH)

UserPostedImage

Title: Alien
Artist: Reese Hollinsworth
From the album: Evangelion: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2015)
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 4:34
Writer(s): Reese Hollinsworth
Producer(s): Rico Love

"Alien" is a song recorded by Vietnamese-American recording artist Reese Hollinsworth. It is set to be featured on Evangelion: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2015), which comprises songs based on and/or inspired by the plot and events of its parent film, Evangelion (2015). Inspired by the image of Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy, Hollinsworth penned the song by himself during the process of writing his debut album, Love? (2014), while Rico Love was credited as the sole producer of the song. ‘Alien’ eventually did not make the album’s final tracklist and remained unreleased until a soundtrack for Evangelion was conceptualized, which he subsequently expressed an interest in submitting a track. The song serves as the [insert track order] track in the soundtrack, and is rumored to also be featured on his forthcoming sophomore studio album.

"Alien" is a soft pop ballad which explores contemporary R&B, though it possesses a much darker sound than regular contemporary R&B tracks. Hollinsworth’s vocals are...loud, for lack of a better term; though, they never are so loud that he seems like he is growling. It’s like someone imposed a limit on him (probably the producer, Rico Love) - “You can only go this loud, you can’t get any louder.” And it actually works; unlike the debatably ‘vulnerable’ tone he demonstrates in one of Love’s standouts, “Numb”, Hollinsworth’s vocal vulnerability actually sounds believable. Hollinsworth’s vocals are backed by a sort of orchestral instrumentation that sounds slow and feels slow, so much so that it kinda feels sluggish and makes you shriek "GET ON WITH IT!"; but, mix it all together and we might just have a Top 40 ballad ahead of us, which would be a nice breath of fresh air from the chokehold of electronica that seems to have consumed radio in the past few years. The songwriting, on the other hand, is...okay. It’s good, but it’s not great; and that is in part due to Hollinsworth’s tendency to be over-submissive with his writing in these kinds of songs, much like the argument brought on by “Numb”.

Lyrics

My mind shut down, my body cries
Can someone save me from this life?
Don’t know how to stand up fight after fight
Can someone bring me back to life?
I’m left to my own devices
And the harsh cold of my loneliness
I guess I’m no stronger than anyone

Who’s there to be my hero?
When my cries fall on deaf ears
And these tears of mine fall on blind eyes
Who’s there to be the hero?
When the solitude takes over
When I feel like an alien in my own world
An alien in my own world

My mind feels cold, each day I cry
A few more tears in the night
My body’s numb, each day I die
A little bit more on the inside
Sometimes I feel like rebelling but
I feel so masochistic to even care
Who can bring me back to who I once were?
Just someone who could tell me where I should go

An alien in my own world

(I bottle up my hurt inside
I try to hide it, I try to never ever let it show
‘Cause people have their own pain
They wouldn’t wanna see mine
They always count on me
To show them the silver lining
Well, who’s gonna be that person for me?)

This is way too much for me
The pressure is slowly driving me crazy
(I’m crying out for help)
Sometimes I feel there’s no way out
I feel so trapped deep inside myself
(Still searching for myself)
I can’t let it go ‘cause
It keeps me sane yet insane at the same time
(Who’s gonna be the one that saves me?)
Sometimes I wish someone would
Just come here and save me
Save me from myself

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 16/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/09/2015(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 19/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/09/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 16 September 2015 13:54:28(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 12: RISE TO THE SKY (ALIYA ROSE)

UserPostedImage

Title Rise To The Sky
Artist: Aliya Rose
Genre: Pop, Electro Dance
Length: 2:59
Sounds Like: Sharon Doorson - Fail In Love

We fight through the night
Baby, don't leave it like this
I'm not gonna hold back today
I got my eyes on you
I'm here for you
You're gonna be my prey tonight

If you wanna fight now
You're at the right place
You're getting closer to the fire
Boy, I fight you tonight
Just believe in faith
I'm gonna knock you out today

No, I don't wanna lose, lose, lose right here like this
Play another game 'cause I can't fail today
I don't wanna feel, feel, feel lost because of you
I'm here to win, it's a thing, I'm here because I
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky

and do it until we die
Because that's what we are supposed to do
I got mixed feelings
I know it's not right
Baby, I can't leave it like this

Gonna kiss you today baby
Gonna stop fighting you now
I wanna kiss you and make it up
Gonna make you scream loud
Wanna make you steam now
Baby, I won't fight you no more

Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky

My heart is open for you
Baby, come to me stop fighting me

Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky
Rise To The Sky

Because, we Rise To The Sky

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 16 September 2015 14:06:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 13: HIDE (MARIANNA BANTER)

UserPostedImage

Artist: Marianna Banter
Genre: Pop rock
Writers: Marianna Banter, Ava B
Producers: Ava B

"Hide" is a song by American singer/songwriter Marianna Banter it was written by Marianna and Ava B and produced by Ava B who also worked on SYNCO's previous two albums and a few other tracks with Mariana Marianna Banter is a 16 year old singer/songwriter from Los Angeles California Marianna is one of the better known underground pop-rock artists gaining a small following amongst the hipster community Marianna released 2 EPs independently and a number of singles that never made it on to any charts however 2015 is set to be her break out year after being signed to major recording label Studio 60 Records and taking part on the EVANGELION sound track she's definitely expected to do big things this year and possibly even crossover to mainstream media

Back to "Hide" which was originally written as a love song however after finishing recording the track Marianna thought that it could have an even deeper meaning she then rewrote the song giving it a completely different meaning touching on subjects like self doubt, confidence and bravery throughout the song after recording it she heard about the live action movie for EVANGELION that was coming out this year and decided to try to get in contact with a few people after showing them the track they agreed to put it on the soundtrack the song as previously stated sings about confidence, bravery and self doubt which is clear throughout the chorus and verses in the second verse we hear Marianna questioning herself asking if she or "they" can really do what they're trying to do the song is rather uplifting and motivating and most definitely relatable on some levels the production can be some what compared to the likes of Linkin Park expecially the piano that seems to be heard throughout the intro and the first verse Marianna doesn't give an amazing vocal delivery on this track however it does go with the production of the track rather well so there's that overall this is a pretty good song nothing completely new but it definitely fits on the soundtrack even sounding as though it was written specifically for it you'd forget that it was originally a love song my main problem with the song is the immaturity in her voice of course she is only 16 and that could possibly change but apart from that the production was top notch the lyrics were excellent and despite the immaturity in her vocals she still did manage to deliver a rather decent vocal performance here

Marianna Banter - Hide

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Darkness takes light visions of
Nations built so high
Crumbling to dust
We're the heroes now
When there are no more
We can't fall asleep
While they take what we fought for

Oh, oh, oh

We can light the dark
Take back what's ours
We won't let them have it
Time to stand up
No more games for us
We can't sit and watch this
We will rise (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ,oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
We will not hide (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ,oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)

Will we be enough?
Will we split the sea?
Can we make this dream a reality?
Can we take a stand?
Can we really prove, what we think we can
And make this world brand new

Oh, oh, oh

We can light the dark
Take back what's ours
Time to stand up
No more games for us

Into the darkness we'll fight this forever
Ashes and brimstone there's no looking back, oh, oh, oh
We will rise!

We can light the dark
Take back what's ours
Time to stand up
No more games for us

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 24 September 2015 00:01:48(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OOC: I've been reading this for a while now and I feel like we need to have more RPs like this, I'm not saying that I'll be putting out a collaborative album like this anytime soon, because it takes a lot of work to organize and to get people involved, but seriously, those kind of RPs bring us all together, I believe in that. Jaime, great work on this, thanks for allowing me to be a part of this as well, you're always so creative when it comes to playing this game and I feel lucky that you always call me to help you, it's such a pleasure for me :)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 24/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/09/2015(UTC)