logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2015 06:00:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Name: Kara Amelie Romero
Born: 22 October, 1996 (Age 26)
Origin: Seville, Spain
Residing: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Genres: Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB, Pop, Alternative
Instruments: Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Piano, Drums
Years Active: 2012 - present
Labels: Just Record // Dahlhouse Entertainment

Kara Amelie Romero (born October 22, 1996) is a Spanish American singer-songwriter, musician and actress. She was born in Seville, Spain to Rodrigo and Gabriella Romero, she was an old only child, her father was an agent for a number of Spanish actors and her mother was a caterer. Her mother sadly died when Kara was only four years old and she was raised alone by her father. At the age of eight years old, her father got a new job in Manhattan, New York and the two re-located to the United States, leaving their home comforts of Spain behind. Kara was raised bi-lingual, being raised speaking Spanish but also being taught English from a very young age, she has since stated that having moved to the USA at the age of eight years old, she now considers her first language to be English and very rarely speaks Spanish unless absolutely required. She has stated in interviews that when she hears herself speak Spanish, she only hears her mother’s voice and considered this too painful to continue speaking Spanish regularly, essentially dropping the language altogether. She has occasionally returned to her hometown of Seville to connect with family out there, but doesn’t like to do this often. Often stating that if she puts herself in that world that her mother lived in, she would find herself spiralling into a depression very quickly which is why she tries to separate herself from that childhood tragedy as often as she can in order to protect herself from descending into depression.

She has no brothers or sisters and zero family that lives in the USA other than her father who continues to work as an agent for a number of high-profile actors, although due to both of their busy lives, they rarely see much of each other. Essentially living separate lives from one another. Kara dropped out of school at the age of sixteen years old, despite being a relatively high achieving student. Her main passion was always within the arts, particularly performing arts whether this was music class or drama class as well as art class. She was part of a few different afterschool clubs in her early teenage years, but by the time she was around fourteen years old she began to waver from traditional educational structure and rules. It was at around the age of fourteen that she started hanging out with a different crowd, mostly a year or two older than her and began smoking and drinking. She became more of a rebellious teenager, often skipping school and hanging out on the streets in New York City, often late at night. She would later state that smoking and drinking at this age and hanging around with fellow misfits was her way of finding her own path as well as dealing with the demons inside her head.
It was at the age of fourteen where she began to really appreciate music and what it could do for her in terms of taking her on a different journey and into a different world than the issues in her own head. She delved into alternative rock, punk and grunge, becoming a big fan of bands like ‘The Replacements’, Husker Du’, ‘The Clash’, ‘The Ramones’ and ‘The Misfits’. As well as acts like ‘The Pixies’ and ‘Soundgarden’. But she considers her all time favourite band to be ‘Pearl Jam’ all of which feel a million miles away from the artist she would eventually become. Alongside her love of these guitar bands, she did find a love and influence from mainstream artists too like ‘Michael Jackson’, ‘Prince’, ‘David Bowie’ and ‘Tupac’.

At the age of fifteen she spent three months staying at a homeless shelter in Brooklyn, New York following an argument with her father about alcohol and drug use. It was at this point where their relationship became frayed as she became a very difficult teenager to deal with as she started skipping school more and more often and would spend most nights out of the house, drinking and smoking as well as experimenting with drugs at this time. In late 2011 and early 2012 she began performing at open-mic nights around New York and was initially spotted in early 2012 during a performance at The Charleston in New York. A small buzz ensued online as clips of her performance went viral and Kara was given the chance to cut a couple of her songs, she headed into a recording studio with local producers Ignacio Santos and Will.Rocca to record her debut single “My Poison Ivy Lips”, an alt-rock track with heavy guitar riffs and drums, capitalising on the buzz online the track peaked at number four upon it’s release in February 2012 and she was taken on tour with Alicia Lena later that year, still unsigned to a record label but with people around her advising her at this point.
Proving difficult to control, she wasn’t able to agree on a record deal with any of the vast amount of suitors and her career stalled following her slot as an opening act on Alicia Lena’s world tour. There was a three year period where she essentially disappeared from mainstream attention, only occasionally performing at small clubs in and around the east coast of the USA, mostly confined to New York. She has later described this period as a time of intense recklessness, dealing with emotional distress from her childhood, to the abandonment of her father and living alone for the first time in her life. This was a period of heavy drinking and drug use that almost killed her on a number of occasions.

In 2015, almost three years after her brief moment of fame she eventually began steps to turn her life around in a positive direction, firstly signing her first ever recording contract with ‘Just Record’, which helped to give her structure and a solid career path ahead of her. They gave her the freedom to create music without boundaries, work at her own pace and figure out exactly what sort of style and genre she would find herself fitting into. Alongside a career path, they also helped her get into a strong therapy program that she has been part of ever since 2016 in which she has the tools to deal with her past trauma’s and psychological barriers in a healthier way than just using drugs and alcohol. Although she has maintained that she continues to use recreationally and has throughout the past six or more years while signed to ‘Just Record’. In discussing the impact the label have had on her life, she maintains that they very much saved her and that she wouldn’t still be alive if the team at the label hadn’t picked her up and helped her find focus.
Under the guidance and support of ‘Just Record’ she began sporadically recording and releasing more music and the freedom of that label to not force their artists into meeting deadlines, helped ‘Kara’ avoid certain pitfalls of pressure. Her first release under the label was a track in June 2015 titled “Down” which was not a successful effort, barely making the top twenty. But the track did see Kara experiment with Hip-Hop beats for the first time which would eventually manifest itself into her future career path as a fully-fledged hip-hop and rap artist. A million miles away from the artists that influenced her as a teenager, she began to slowly figure out her own path within the industry, but it took some time.

In 2016 she delivered four top ten singles, marking a positive improvement in fortunes for the budding artist, those tracks were “Same Old Tears”, “Perish”, “Where The Real Things Are” and “We Are One”. The latter of those tracks was a political and social statement which saw Kara tackling the serious topic of mass shootings which were a major talking point around that time, with the Charlie Hebdo incident being the most high profile as well as other high profile incidents in Charleston, Paris, Pakistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Belgium and Japan all of which were referenced in the song. The track wasn’t a massive chart success but saw the image of Kara changed slightly in the mainstream as she was a young artist that proved she wasn’t afraid to tackle important issues. She would go on to release her debut album “Do I Have Your Attention Now?” in 2016 alongside that string of singles and for the first time in her career, it felt like she was very much on the front foot, firmly establishing herself in the music industry.
Following on the back of her successful debut album and the rollout surrounding that, Kara delivered an E.P and a single in 2017, marking a less than productive period for a number of years following. In 2017 she delivered “Bulletproof Barbie” a single that peaked at number four and an E.P titled “Raising Hell” which peaked at number three and consisted of tracks that were supposed to be released years earlier during her debut year in 2012.

Kara then took an unplanned period away from the music industry, preferring to focus on herself for a while. During this period out of the spotlight, she stepped up her therapy and found herself at her healthiest both mentally and physically. She continued to live in New York, spending time living her life as fully as she could, knowing that when the time came to get back to recording and releasing music she would be in the best position to get back to it. During this three year period of not releasing any music, she took a two month journey across the United States and temporarily re-located to California before returning home to the west coast of the United States. She also returned to her homeland of Spain on a number of occasions and managed to reconnect with her family, including her father during this period of absence.
She didn’t return to the spotlight until 2020 which saw the first steps into this new era of ‘Kara Romero’, she marked her return with a track titled “Cruel As Shit” in May 2020, the track peaked at number four and saw the first glimpse into this new introspective version of Kara in which she puts herself front and center, flaws and all. She followed this up firstly with the release of her second E.P in June 2020 titled “The Therapy Sessions (Vol. I)” which peaked at number three. The E.P saw Kara delve into the themes and ideas that were tackled during her own real life therapy sessions. One final single came in 2020 with “Are We One?” (feat. Jay-C and Stephanie Fierce). The track was a reworked version of her 2016 social statement “We Are One” and this time tackled the George Floyd murder and as well as other murders of black people at the hands of police, the single peaked at number five and raised a large amount of money for various “BLM” charities.

The worldwide coronavirus pandemic briefly halted Kara’s plans to continue to record and release music and it wasn’t until 2022 that she was able to finally get into a recording studio to work on her sophomore album. She began the recording sessions in January 2022 and delivered the first glance of the upcoming album with June 2022 release of “Signpost” which gave Kara her first ever number one single, it also showed Kara continuing with the introspective nature of her song-writing, establishing those ideas first shared in her 2020 releases. She quickly followed up the lead single with a remixed version of the same track which would now feature a guest spot from ‘Brayton “Bellows” Carter’, a long-time friend of hers from the popular rap group ‘Orion’, that version of the track peaked at number five on the charts.
She would go on to release another three singles in 2022 in the build up to her sophomore album, those tracks were “When Will We Get Our Flowers”, another social statement song about female empowerment in the aftermath of the ‘Roe v Wade’ decision over abortion rights in the United States, the track peaked at number one and raised a large amount of money for it’s charities. She followed that single up with “Hit List” which peaked at number two and ended the year with the release of “DTF” (feat. Younghood) which also peaked at number two, marking her most productive and successful year in her career to date.

In early 2023 she released another single “Twenty-Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook) in the build up to her sophomore album, which would be announced to be released in early 2023, with a major 2023 world tour being announced to support the record after it’s release. Marking the culmination of Kara’s rise in the music industry to finally be announcing her first solo headline world tour.

DISCOGRAPHY;

Studio Albums;
"Do I Have Your Attention Now?" (June 12, 2016) [#1]
"Post Traumatic" (February 4, 2023) [#1]

Singles;
• “My Poison Ivy Lips” (February 12, 2012) [#4]
• "Down" (June 28, 2015) [#16]
• "Same Old Tears" (January 23, 2016) [#2]
"Perish" (February 14, 2016) [#2]
"Where The Real Things Are" (March 27, 2016) [#3]
"We Are One" (April 23, 2016) [#8]
"Bulletproof Barbie" (April 17, 2017) [#4]
"Cruel As Shit" (May 24, 2020) [#4]
"Are We One?" (feat. Jay-C & Stephanie Fierce) (June 19, 2020) [#5]
"Signpost" (June 11, 2022) [#1]
"Signpost" (feat. Bellows) (June 26, 2022) [#5]
"When Will We Get Our Flowers" (July 16, 2022) [#1]
"Hit List" (October 29, 2022) [#2]
"DTF" (feat. Younghood) (December 31, 2022) [#2]
"Twenty-Four Seven" (feat. Drew Westbrook) (January 22, 2023) [#1]

Features;
"Model Citizen" (feat. Kara Romero, Kidd Amaze) (March 8, 2024) [#1]

E.P’s;
"Raising Hell" (April 30, 2017) [#3]
"The Therapy Sessions (Vol. I)" (June 13, 2020)[#3]

FILMOGRAPHY;
"One Final Memory" (2016)

AWARDS;
• FCA VII - Best Female Artist [2020]
• Universal Music Award - Best Touring Artist [2024]
• Universal Music Award - Album of the Year [2024]
• Universal Music Award - Artist of the Year [2024]

TOURS;
Alicia Lena - "Reign Over Me" World Tour (2012)
Just Record - "Welcome to the Show" Tour (2016)
Reckless Infinity Tour (2016)
Rum & Coke - "The Family" World Tour (2022)
Kara Romero - "Post-Traumatic" World Tour (2023)

Edited by user 21 March 2024 22:35:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 18/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 18/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 18/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2016 04:16:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

"Sup bitches?!
Just wanted to check in to say that I got a few things coming for you fuckerz very soon. Keep your eyes open!"
- Kara xoxo

#SAMEOLDTEARS #COMINGSOON #2016TAKEOVER

“Drink until I pass out, whiskey straight from the bottle
I got so much shit to forget about, sometimes it feels like the only real option
But I know that this ain’t good, it’s kinda fucking up my entire life
But I grew up in the hood, where they taught me that drink is the only thing to make me feel alright
And it helps in those dark times, to take away the heartache and pain
But they say you can’t run from your demons
Well those fuckers are always there in the morning all over again”
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 22/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 22/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/01/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2016 23:24:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

It’s been a rather busy year for you already, in comparison to previous years, it appears like everything seems to have all come at once for you in regards to your career in the entertainment industry, a successful new single, collaborations and movie roles all coming about within the first month of the new year, how have you taken to the sudden focus and opportunities coming your way?

“It’s been alright, I don’t tend to get overwhelmed. I mean … I’ve been working the last few years to just try to get to this point in my life and I’m not gonna lie, there were times when I seriously thought about just throwing in the towel and saying, this just ain’t for me, yanno? But I always had the vision of where this hard work will lead me and put me where I wanna be which is a legitimate artist on all kinds of levels. I don’t wanna limit myself to just one lane, obviously for me, the music is the focus, but I wanna be an all-rounder, I believe I’m capable of doing many great things and sure there’ll be times when I falter and fuck up but sometimes we gotta go through that side of things too. But thankfully, at the moment, things are going really great and I’ve got a forward looking mentality for the first time in a long time.”

Your current single, “Same Old Tears” is sitting at number two in the singles charts, your highest achievement to date. It’s an emotive track, do you think that vulnerability has helped it to find a bigger fanbase than any of your previous work?

“I’m not sure. I mean if I knew what makes a successful song and what doesn’t then I think I’d be pretty rich at this point. But I mean, I guess the fact that this new song has more depth to it than my previous ones may have had an effect on its support. It’s a very real track for me, so much so that I wasn’t sure about putting it out there, I was actively trying to move away from even having it on my debut album. But I spoke to a few friends that have been around the industry a little longer than me and they talked me through it and made me understand why “Same Old Tears” was probably the best thing I could put out. Because it’s all about connecting, right? And that’s about as much of myself as I can put out there for people to listen to. The story is essentially my life for the past four years or so.”

So would you say it’s just about the most biographical song you’ve written?

“Yeah, by a long way. My mother died when I was four, I barely got to know her and not having that strong female support system in place throughout my teenage years made things difficult. I admire my father greatly for the job he did on his own. But there’s only so much that other people can do to ease the pain and I went off on the wrong path, I guess. I’m not saying I completely regret the choices I made because they shaped who I’ve become. But yeah, I found that drinking and smoking and living that sort of life helped to numb the pain somehow. It still does, but I rely less on those quick fixes these days.”

It’s been rumoured that you’ll be releasing an E.P very soon, care to share more information about that?

“Well, there’s a plan for an E.P to be released pretty soon. I had a bunch of songs that I had written back in 2012 when I first tried to start this career. I wanna get those songs out there eventually, I’ll maybe re-work them a little. But I’m hoping to just finally release them, they’ve been sitting around for a while now. The main focus isn’t on the E.P though, I feel like the album will be the true representation of where I am now. The E.P will be more to show where I started.”

That’s an interesting way of doing things, like a past and present sort of thing between the two collections of music. Let’s talk about the album, what sort of songs can we expect from that and when can we expect the long-awaited release of it?

“I dunno, the album is in very early stages at the moment. We have about six or seven tracks recorded. I think you can expect to see all three singles on the album. I think the vibe will be more like “Same Old Tears” from what I’ve got recorded so far. But I haven’t finished writing all the songs for the album yet, so it’s kinda hard to say what sort of overall vibe the album will have. I think it’s safe to say that it’ll be pretty truthful and biographical.
In terms of release dates, that is the million-dollar question. It’s tough to predict things like that, because as I’ve clearly seen before, sometimes your plans can change really fucking quickly. As of right now, I’m definitely hoping that it’ll be out later this summer, maybe July or August time, is what I’m hoping for. Possibly earlier, who knows?”

It was confirmed that toward the end of last year, you were filming for an upcoming movie called “One Final Memory” which you’ll be starring in alongside Medina and Christian Fallon. It’s your first acting role of any real note, how was that process?

“It was different, it felt very freeing to play somebody else for a while. I was asked about possibly being part of the movie and after reading the script and the character bio I was instantly on board. I never fully considered the option of acting or anything like that, but it was a great thing to do and is something that weirdly enough has opened more doors for me. I think the fact that I was working alongside other people who were pretty much taking their first acting roles made it a lot easier than I expected. I definitely enjoyed that opportunity.”

So let’s move back to music, although you don’t like to fully confine yourself to a specific genre, it’s safe to say that you’re a part of a rap renaissance of sorts. But looking at the sort of acts that you list as influences, it would appear that you naturally are more of a fan of the punk and alternative genres. Is that a fair assessment?

“I don’t know, I don’t think so. Genre’s aren’t good, I think that it places too much of a box around you. If you’re this then you can’t listen to that and if you’re that then you can’t listen to this. I like to think that I’m a fan of a broader spectrum of music, whether that’s the punk rock style of The Replacements who happen to be my all-time favourites. Or Frank Sinatra or Prince or Nirvana or Tupac. Like I say, I think genre’s fuck things up a little. Of course so far, a lot of what I’ve done has been more rap or hip-hop and I think you can expect more of that for a while.”

So who are you currently a fan of right now?

“I think that saint retro e.p is really fucking gorgeous, the harmonies and melodies just hit your ear so perfectly and it feels very old school. I’m currently enjoying The Rappers Handbook by Kidd Amaze but I think of all the recent releases, What We Learn by Lotus was by far my favourite. Although we have a completely different style, I think that record really inspired me to do as much as I can to truly make a career and kick things up a gear this year. So I’d credit that record for inspiring me to finally make things happen for myself.”

And what’s next musically, any plans in place to follow up on “Same Old Tears”?

“Yeah, yesterday I actually had a conversation with Kidd about my next single, he’s been helping out in the studio with the production and things like that and we had a meeting about the next step. I decided that a track called “Perish” would be the next single and hopefully we’ll be able to get it out before the end of February for you all to hear. It’s another track that feels biographical and seems to relate to my own career to a degree. I think it’s different enough from my current single but it has that same sort of intensity within the song. So yeah, you can expect that one soon.”

So there you have it, you can see “One Final Memory” starring Kara Romero in March, hear the next single later this month and expect her debut album sometime this summer. It may have taken a little while, but it looks like Kara is finally getting the breakthrough she’s been waiting for.
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 08/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 09/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 09/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 09/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/02/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2020 04:13:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

"The Therapy Sessions (Vol. I)" / E.P / June 13, 2020

1. "Therapy Session (Part. I)" (4:48)
2. "Cruel As Shit" (4:53)
3. "Six Years" (3:07)
4. "Regrets" (4:03)
5. "Wild & Free" (3:52)
6. "Therapy Session (Part. II)" (2:56)

Edited by user 12 June 2020 05:24:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/06/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/06/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/06/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2023 05:51:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

"Post-Traumatic" / Album / February 4, 2023

01. “Post-Traumatic” (3:46)
02. “Manic” (4:18)
03. “It’s Not You, It’s Me” (4:44)
04. “Pills” (4:38)
05. “Fixing Myself” (4:27)
06. “Bad Company” (feat. Lotus, Marina Balan) (4:57)
07. “(Real Ones) Ride With Me” (4:37)
08. “Hit Me Up” (3:25)
09. “DTF” (feat. Younghood) (4:17)
10. “Easy Access” (5:27)
11. “Medicate Me” (3:49)
12. “Signpost” (4:26)
13. “Dynamite” (3:28)
14. “Grow Up” (3:42)
15. “DL” (3:19)
16. “Twenty-Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook) (4:53)
17. “When Will We Get Our Flowers” (5:03)
18. “Hit List” (4:17)

[Bonus Tracks]
19. “Are We One” (feat. Jay C, Stephanie Fierce) (5:39)
20. “Signpost” (feat. Bellows) (5:39)
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/01/2023(UTC), 2001clay on 30/01/2023(UTC)