logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2020 02:33:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 12550 time(s) in 5275 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Public Warning
Title: A Moveable Feast
Genre(s): R&B, Electronica, Pop
Length: 57:46
Writers: Carter Lee Alafouzos, Myles Dempsey, Beau Elliot, Declan Harding, Zander Lyons
Producers: Cameron McVey, Orion Washington, EdiT., Rob Smith, Steven Wolf, inBLOOM
Executive Producer: Beau Elliot, Cameron McVey
Format(s): CD, LP, Digital Download, Streaming, Cassette
Label: Independent, PW Recordings
Singles Released: Pillowtalkin' [#1], Summer of '09 [#1], All For You [#1], Ache & Breathe [#1]

UserPostedImage

A Moveable Feast is the debut studio album from British-Irish boy band, Public Warning. It is set to be released independently in April 2020. The album was in the making for three and a half years, following their formation in late 2016. All tracks included on the album were written by all five members of the band with no outside collaboration. The album is influenced by late 90's and early 00's R&B and electronica, citing acts such as Portishead, Sugababes, William Orbit, Madonna and All Saints as inspirations. Lead singer Beau Elliot executive produced the album alongside British production veteran, Cameron McVey. Created on a shoestring budget, the band also worked part-time jobs throughout the conception of the record and many studio sessions were either gifted to them or limited in time. The album has so far produced four singles; "Pillowtalkin'", "Summer of '09", "All For You" and "Ache & Breathe", with the all of them debuting atop of the singles chart.

Despite having a designated lead singer, the band is also noted for their five-part vocal harmonies, giving them a smoother and richer sound than a lot of their boy band contemporaries. Beau Elliot is the lead vocalist. His powerful belts and smooth tones have been critically praised. He also features at the core of the harmony, taking the middle range. Carter Lee Alafouzos is the secondary vocalist, having a huskier tone than Elliot. He is also noted as a rapper and takes on the second lowest harmony. Myles Dempsey is the guitarist and tertiary singer. He has a "sweet" sounding voice and takes on the second highest harmony. Declan Harding has a low baritone voice, taking on the bass at the bottom of the harmony. Zander Lyons has a naturally high falsetto tone and takes on the top rung of the harmony. Both Lyons and Harding have no solo air time but remain important within the group blend and can still be heard within.

The title "A Moveable Feast" was selected due to the boys' uncertainty of a solid release date for their album as they had a long process to work through from 2016 onward. As predicted, they endured many setbacks and thus had to push back the completion and release of the album several times.

Background & Development

Public Warning formed in 2016 as part of Lyrica Ocha's second venture into manufacturing a boy band. Ocha, former G2L member, was the mastermind behind the creation of Weekend - a group who went on to become one of the biggest selling music acts of all-time. Unlike the Weekend venture, the first set of auditions were done via video. Each hopeful would have to send Ocha a video recording of them singing and, if successful, would be contacted to travel down to London for an in-person performance. Out of 14 hopefuls invited to London; Beau, Carter Lee, Declan, Zander and Myles were the five to make the cut. The quintet would then go on to form Public Warning and live together in the small apartment in which Weekend spent their first days together. Out of all of the boys, Beau and Carter Lee were the only ones not to have had any prior professional experience in music. Declan, Myles and Zander had previously busked, played professionally and had even dealt with managers and agents.

Being formed by Lyrica Ocha, being five young boys, living in the same place as Weekend did and even having the same British-Irish setup, Public Warning knew that comparisons would be imminent and potentially debilitating. After careful consideration, the group agreed to work out their sound organically and grew together as friends and artists in their own time. This was initially met with criticism from their new management company as it meant that the group refused to sign off on any contract, fearing that labels wanted a quick cash-in on the Weekend association. The group spent time working out their voices and perfecting their harmonies together. Due to the strength and the blend of their voices, it was clear that they were more suited to a cooler, more laid back R&B style than the rockier pop direction that many of their contemporaries had taken. Continuing their journey of discovery, the band took it upon themselves to write their own tracks and build a solid foundation as writers. After several meetings and some showcases of material, a decision was made by their team to put Beau Elliot at the front of the band due to his powerful voice which in turn also helps drive Public Warning's distinct sound.

Critical Reception

Critical response to the record has been universally positive thus far, with the critics applauding the boys for their raw sound, lyrical maturity and how they managed to piece things together on their own with very little money. The Guardian called the album a "glorious body of work that showcases the best of Britain's sharp minded and talented youth". Ian Reynolds of Entertainment IE found that "although looking at them might make you think they are just some pop fluff fodder or even a Weekend tribute band, these five handsome lads are far more interesting than that. Their album shows a level of talent and maturity that I don't think a boy band has shown before, least not on their inaugural album, of course". Geraldine Hunt of The Independent dubbed the album a "masterclass on how to blur the lines" before praising it's writing and production; "Public Warning have the looks to lure in the typical boy band crowd, the likeability and personality for both kids and parents to enjoy them and, most importantly, enough edginess and experimental moments for the snobby indie crowd to be willing to give them a spin." Eddie Barlow of AllMusic branded the band and the record as "effortlessly cool" before concluding; "it's clear that these boys have a love for the darker sounds of the 90's and it reflects in both their soundscape and overall vibe. Where Weekend are all boisterous and balls-to-the-wall like, say, Spice Girls were in their heyday, Public Warning come across as a more TLC type. They have a laid back "we don't give a sh*t" air to them but it's not fake or pretentiousness. It comes with the calm and confident knowledge of knowing ones craft and it appears that these guys have nailed it the first time around."

Track Listing

Pillowtalkin'
Gimmie A Minute
Art Of Letting Go
Summer of '09
Comfortable
All For You
The Wasted Youth
Ache & Breathe
These Days
Handful Of Heaven
Lights Off
In Real Life

HMV/Target Bonus Tracks
Too
Summer of '09 (Acoustic)

Edited by user 25 March 2020 03:08:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND // JOSHUA GRIMMIE // ANDREA // PUBLIC WARNING // LINCOLN
DENEIL // MERCEDES // VICTORIA BLACK // MICHELLE GREEN // CHICAGO NOBODY
REUBEN // CHRISTOPHER HUDSON // BLAKE // JOHNNY CARTER
thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 21/03/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/03/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 21/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/03/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2020 02:55:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Pillowtalkin'
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 4:37
Writer: C.L.Alafouzos, M.Dempsey, B.Elliot, D.Harding, Z.Lyons
Producer: Cameron McVey
Label: Independent - PW Recordings
From The Album: A Moveable Feast

Pillowtalkin' is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The track was released worldwide on March 29th 2019 and serves as the group's debut single and is the first track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". "Pillowtalkin'" is a pop/R&B song with slight elements of hip-hop, rock and soul and has been noted for its "moody" tone, "lush" arrangements and "unique" soundscape. The track utilises multiple instruments such as drum, bass, keyboard, electric guitar and horns. The chorus is sung in a doubled octave. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. The track was produced by Cameron McVey and written by all five members of the band. The general theme of the track is the true investment of a love interest, willingness to go that bit further for them and proving themselves as more than single men just looking for a sexual conquest.

Public Warning formed in late 2016 as the brainchild of Lyrica Ocha, former G2L member and creator of Weekend. The group consists of Beau Elliot, Carter Lee Alafouzos, Zander Lyons, Myles Dempsey and Declan Harding. Ocha formed the band using the same blueprint and stages from Weekend's conception; choosing five young boys from different walks of life and moving them in together as a way of forming a close bond. Aware of such close similarities to Ocha's first group, Public Warning took time to create a more organic and alternative sound to deviate from the typical pop sounds of boy bands and comparisons to their contemporaries. Unlike their predecessor, Public Warning did not find a label during this time and have released this single independently.

Pillowtalkin'

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

You don't need a knight to catch you when you fall
No guardian angel, you're always on the case
Tired of the same old lines from all the usual boys
Trying to butter you up 'cause they're on the chase

You don't need a ride home, pass on the chariot
Too many red lights, you'd much rather walk
Mumbles classic sweet nothings like you'd never heard 'em
But you're not into that saccharine pillow talk

You know that in a minute, they're all gonna miss it
You'll strut away knowing that they'll all watch
And it drives me crazy, love that you don't make it easy
For someone like you, I've gotta take it up a notch

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys
Skip the pillow talking, keep it rockin' 'til morning
You say that actions speak louder than words
Skip the pillow talking, save all the fawning
Straight to the point is the way it's preferred

I got what you need, tired of the fish in your sea
You're getting sick of treading in the same old waters
It's not too hard to see that these sailors can't compete
Abandon that sinking ship, I don't know why you even bother

You know that in a minute, they're all gonna miss it
You'll strut away knowing that they'll all watch
And it drives me crazy, love that you don't make it easy
For someone like you, I've gotta take it up a notch

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys

[Electric guitar solo]

Don't be cruel, you know I'm bound to you
Turn back around like the tables in your game
We can cut this with a knife and you can't deny
With just one taste, it'll never be the same
You push and pull but I'm still on the line
Tugging the strings that bind the spark, up in flames

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise (above the noise)
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor (oh, stronger)
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys (with their toys)

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise (above the noise)
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor (oh, stronger)
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys (with their toys)

Skip that pillow talk

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 22/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/03/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/03/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2020 03:52:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Gimmie A Minute
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 3:25
Producer: Rob Smith, Steven Wolf

Gimmie A Minute is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the second track on their debut studio album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Rob Smith and Steven Wolf. The original demo originally only featured Myles' acoustic guitar as it was one of their earliest records, prior to interest from producers. The track features a jittery rhythm of a low bass, playful synths and light electronic blips, contrasted with smooth and polished melodies. The vocal styling has been noted for its "moody" arrangement; almost speak-singing bar a few light harmonies. "Gimmie A Minute" sees the boys trying to avoid the awkward "where are we?" conversations in a relationship as they do not wish to ruin the good thing they have going, fearing taking things further. They're happy to remain casual, wanting to enjoy the thrills that come along with not being exclusive. Member Zander Lyons said the track was based on personal experiences as a teenager and even dubbed the lyrics as "a little mean".

Zander Lyons wrote:
"I think that Gimmie A Minute is a great song despite the lyrics being a little mean. Anyone listening would probably think "d*ckhead" but our album is all shades of life as young men. I obviously don't condone stringing anyone along like this but this stuff happens. I was like that just a few years ago in my mid-teens. It was all down to fear and insecurity, really. You'd meet this lovely girl, you'd feel amazing being in this brand new relationship and you enjoy all the fun but you just aren't mature enough to take the plunge. Some boys are. I certainly wasn't. Definitely wasn't man enough. Writing the song was difficult at first, fearing we'd come across as too mean or that we were glorifying this behaviour but we had to bite the bullet and go for it. We're all about honesty and want our music to have a real, raw aspect. I think what makes the song isn't actually the lyrics but the melody and production. There's a very interesting arrangement within the music, which I like to see as a representation of all the chaos and glory going on. Then for the vocal delivery, we decided on a really laid back, almost bored sounding approach. Totally sounding like moody teenage boys. It's a very situational track. It's about a specific phase of life. It's nothing prophetic or words to live by. I certainly wouldn't recommend taking this approach in relationships!"

Gimmie A Minute

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I'm not looking for white picket fences
Not in a rush to pick out China patterns
A little bit of good love, I lost my senses
So tangled up, how could I let it happen?
I need a minute

You say you catch yourself thinking about me
When you ask the same, I just play pretend
Wish we could talk it out, have an understanding
But I'm not sure if your heart can mend
I need a minute

I know reality's gonna turn back and bite
Forget a ring but would you settle for a good thing?
If this is wrong then why does it feel right?
Supposed to be a fling now we're caught up in strings

I can't start giving you up
My body's so used to your touch
This small talk just gets in the way
Let's save these conversations for another day
Just gimme a minute to come up with an excuse
Some little sweet nothings for you

This could be a little victory for you
If you play it my way then everybody here wins
I heard that this love thing is only for fools
We could have the fun and cut out the boring things
Stay a minute

Just don't make me your burning passion
Don't let this take you out at the knees
Wear each other out like the latest fashion
I'm happy to be just another just an accessory
Stay a minute

I know reality's gonna turn back and bite
Forget a ring but would you settle for a good thing?
If this is wrong then why does it feel right?
Supposed to be a fling now we're caught up in strings

You're never gonna get what you need
But what you want is right here with me
Don't have to love each other to the bone
Just make sure we're not spending tonight alone

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2020 04:10:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Art Of Letting Go
Genre(s): R&B, Soul, Pop
Length: 4:30
Producer: inBLOOM

Art Of Letting Go is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the third track on their debut studio album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by inBLOOM. The track is one of the oldest recordings from the band and was featured on a 5-track sampler which was sent out for promotional purposes in 2019. "Art Of Letting Go" is a mid-tempo pop/R&B record that experiments with pop-rock balladry and soulful melodies and harmonies. The song has been characterised as having tasteful acoustic guitars, breezy and slippery underlying beats and light harmonies akin to songs from the 1960's. The track is also sung entirely by Beau Elliot, with the others providing background harmonies throughout and all five singing the last lines of the chorus in unison. Lyrically, the song revolves around the boys reassuring their parents that life in the music industry is what they want and are destined for.

Declan Harding wrote:
"This was a song that we wanted to write from the beginning. We all auditioned for this group and pretty much never returned home. It was chaotic, there were a lot of meetings and phone calls. A lot of upset and worried mums. It all happened so fast for us and our families. We wanted a song that represented those really early days were it was like "Bye mum! Bye dad! I'm off to be a singer now!". Of course, we wanted a nice song. Something really breezy with an overall happy vibe and melody. We tried to avoid the typical departure ballad. That would just depress us all every time we sang it. This one can still bring a tear to your eye if you focus on the lyrics. I still get a lump in my throat singing this one and thinking about the folks back home. On the whole, however, it's an uplifting track. It's all about growth, facts of life, what we've learned from our parents and wanting to live our lives with no regrets. I think it's the song that me and the boys are most proud of. We had this envisioned for the longest time and it's great to see how it's turned out. I think it's a gorgeous song."

Art Of Letting Go

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

Like a bird will take flight, I gotta soar out to the horizon
There are new pastures, new places, new faces, new life
A world of colours await, dazzling and shining
But your hand pulls me back from the blur and light
I know I'm your little boy and the love makes the grip tighten
Unwrap the cotton, it's time the big kid learns to fly

We all make mistakes, let me learn from yours and mine
Only get one shot, don't let it pass on by

Different paths and doors for me to open
Symphony of a million voices singing a chorus of my name
You're scared I'll get lost in the vapours of the unknown
But who knows what stardust and treasures I may claim?
Leaping from the nest doesn't but I won't forget my home
High life or down low, the love I have is all the same

Life is uncertain and at some times, so wonderfully strange
But there's one thing you can count on and that thing is change
All the blossoms will bloom just as sure as they'll die
It's so beautiful, so tragic and such is life
Just like the sun at dawn, I need to rise and find my glow

Master the art of letting go

You fear that I'll become another number and victim
You're forgetting who taught me how to weather the storms
Neon skies await with no limits or restrictions
Loosen up the ropes, I'm ready to jump from the platform
Heavenly dreams and chapters that are still unwritten
Ready to taste the fruits of life and bask in the warmth

Trust in me, I'm still your little boy
Believe in me, I'm still the centre of your world
Don't waste your time, there's something greater down the line
Have to step out from your shadows if you want me to shine
We all need a hand but letting go, you can't avoid
But take a look at me, I'm still your little boy

Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go
Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go
Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 26/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 29 March 2020 04:40:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Summer of '09
Genre(s): Electronica, Dream Pop, Synthpop
Length: 4:36
Producer: EdIt.

Summer of '09 is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. It is the fourth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was released worldwide on June 2nd 2019 and served as the group's second single "Summer of '09" is a synth/dream pop song with elements of electronica and R&B and has been noted for its "ethereal" and "sparse" soundscape. The song is filled with multi-layered harmonies from the group, creating an echoing and melancholic feel. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. Elliot again drives the majority of the track not unlike their debut single. "Summer of '09" marked the solo vocal debut of Myles Dempsey, who had no individual lines on "Pillowtalkin'". Only Beau and Myles have solo vocal moments on this track. The track was produced by EdIt and written by all five members of the band with the very original version being coined by member Myles Dempsey. Lyrically, the song is masked as "an ode to an old love or friendship that is impossible to rekindle" but in actuality, the track is dedicated to the memory of Myles' father who passed away last year. It references a family holiday from 2009 and how Dempsey yearns to see his father again.

Beau Elliot wrote:
"Myles came to us with this idea for a song. We always sit down and write as a team so we were surprised to learn that he had his own piece written. As he played it on his guitar, it was quite clear that it was extremely personal and difficult to get through. The original version was far more personal and raw. It was a difficult listen and even harder for Myles to sing. We all knew that it was going to be a challenge getting it down and executing it properly. After some time, Myles allowed us to rework it and make it so that it's far more palatable but still holds its true meaning. It's an absolutely beautiful song - one of my favourites. I'm so proud of us all for pulling it off so well, so in awe of Myles for sharing this piece of his heart and I've also got to hand it to our boy EdIt, who produced it. He captured the summer vibes and the melancholy perfectly."

Summer of '09

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I pick my head up off my tear-stained pillow
Today's gonna be a good one, remembering the great times
The postcard we took together sits at my window
The sounds of your laugh runs round and round in my mind
Didn't mind the sunburn or the sand between my toes
You were there and nothing mattered, was the time of our lives

I love the feeling of the warm sun
It shines bright like my favourite memories
As it rises, I wish I could return
Seems like I can only visit there in my dreams
You're not there in the morning
But believe that you'll forever stay with me

Back in the day we were kicking it like crazy
Running free just like our hearts into the night
Just laughing like idiots and campfire dancing
No rest for the wicked, stay up to morning light
We lived fast and wild through that July haze
Wish I could turn the clock back to that age
But I promise you that we will meet again
And live like we're back in summer of '09, oh ay

I thought I saw you by the pond one Thursday
Guess it was just wishful thinking, could never be true
I wrote a song for you to jam out to someday
That day never comes, each summer just grows more cruel
Remember strumming the guitar and rockin' the night away?
Well I still do it and play your favourite chords for you

I love the feeling of the warm sun
It shines bright like my favourite memories
As it rises, I wish I could return
Seems like I can only visit there in my dreams
You're not there in the morning
But believe that you'll forever stay with me

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of '09, oh ay
Back in summer of
Back in summer of

I'll take the coach down to the place of my daydreams
Same time, same place, how about it, you and me?
No, I don't think that I can wait much longer
The sky dims as I hang around for your answer
The sand slips through my fingers just like the hourglass

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 29/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 03 April 2020 02:49:36(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Comfortable
Genre(s): Electronica, Synthpop
Length: 3:58
Producer: Orion Washington

Comfortable is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the fifth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Orion Washington. The track was one of the last to be completer for the album. "Comfortable" is a synth pop song with elements of electronica and R&B, combining "crisp" computer beats with "lush" and "velvety" vocals and melodic structure. The song was deliberately place to follow "Summer of '09" in the track listing as they transition well due to having a similar soundscape. The song's leading vocals are sung entirely by Beau Elliot. While the others have no obvious role in the track, they harmonise in the background of the chorus and on certain lines within the song. Lyrically, "Comfortable" revolves around the fear of falling into a committed relationship for the first time and being unprepared for love and the adult world. The song was inspired by the beginnings of Beau Elliot's relationship with fellow singer, Lexi Marie Taylor.

Beau Elliot wrote:
"This song was written much further down the line than the others. There was actually a different track in its place but we removed it because we just weren't feeling it. That's how far into the project we were at the time - putting together a rough track list. Usually when I write, I like to create scenarios or take one of the other boys' stories and run with them but this was probably the first time I dug deep into my personal life. It was a little weird opening up in the writing session at first but once I got the ball rolling, we knew there was a great song in there. I was talking about the fears I used to have about growing up and being in a relationship. My parents were far from the perfect couple, I never dated in school like most people do, I just didn't have the knowledge or the armour. When I found myself falling in love I was like "SH*T! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!?". It slowly crept up on me and before I knew it, I was hooked. I was emotionally invested and, honestly, terrified. The whole idea of the song is fighting with yourself, trying to back out to save your own skin but you know deep down that you actually want this to work and you just have to bite the bullet and go for it."

Comfortable

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I'm getting too, I'm getting way too

Yeah, I walked right into it
Wasn't looking for anything when you came my way
Like you more than I admit
I only think about you all night and all day
Gotta say I'm freaking out
'Cause I've never felt anything like this before
And yeah, I have my doubts
Never been brave enough to open up that door

I'm falling to the depths without no safety
Going further than I ever have been
Trembling, feeling all weak at my knees
What kind of magic hold do you have on me?

Why am I going to bed feeling like this
Why am I giving away all of my business?
Found myself in deep, deep waters with you
Way too comfortable, way too comfortable
Thinking about the warning signs that I missed
I'm getting way too comfortable in this

And no, I can't lie
You're the first one that I text in the morning
Do I just let it slide?
Fall into the complications I've been avoiding?
You're breaking down these walls
And I just love that you're not even trying
We could conquer it all
Guess I have to face my fears and stop denying

I'm falling to the depths without no safety
Going further than I ever have been
Trembling, feeling all weak at my knees
What kind of magic hold do you have on me?

And my hands are tied up behind my back
I'm paralysed but I think I'm fine with that
We're growing tighter than a tourniquet
Stepping into the real world, no safety blanket
Always been so afraid to crash and fall
But I really think that we could have it all

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 03/04/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/04/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC)