logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#21 Posted : 17 June 2013 04:58:17(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
I think signatures are quite nice. I'm giving you the opportunity to see a sick alley-oop 20+ times a day. Personally I think some of you should thank me.

Before your sig came along i didn't even know what one was!
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#22 Posted : 17 June 2013 05:48:27(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
First, I dont like long signatures. But I also dont care enough to want to stop anyone from having a long signature if they want to. Daniel's signature is barely tolerable. AmyJayne's is a bit annoying. But neither bother me to the point where I will let my personal preference for a short signature intrude on someone else's personal preference for a long signature.

With that said I currently have a far-too-long signature because just after doing an immense RP (the biggest one I'll do all year) I wanted to put something about it in my signature for a couple of weeks. The trouble is that when putting a large image in my signature it isn't automatically resized like when posting a very large image in a thread. my normal signature would just be the banner at the bottom underneath where it says "My Stuff". A banner like this with links or just a list with links would be helpful for everyone in RP to have because it helps not just you but all users keep track of your characters.

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#23 Posted : 17 June 2013 05:51:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
My take on this is basically, people shouldn't have these signatures with 40 pictures in it. That's just rude, as I said on the shout box. It's already taking a small amount of time to load all the stuff on a thread but then you add 50 more pictures on someones signature, and gigantic sized pictures as well. There's only two users here when I think about it who's signatures need to be adjusted and that's kandii and AmyJayne. No offense but one has pictures that last for days and the other would be fine if it was just one or 2 big pictures. Daniel's signature is absolutely fine, it's just a fair sized banner, no problem with that. I think it's only courteous to think of others when adding a signature. It's not really what's on there, it's just how much is clamored together and adding even more things to load.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#24 Posted : 17 June 2013 05:54:38(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Tequila what's wrong with mine hun ?
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#25 Posted : 17 June 2013 06:56:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

I personally don't see anything wrong with @AmyJayneXoX's sig, it is just badly organized.

With Kandii on the other hand. That is a bit much! Like what the hell lmfao!

Anyways, I said what I had to say, and I stand by it 100%. Imma leave this to anyone else who wants to discuss.
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/06/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#26 Posted : 17 June 2013 13:15:48(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
dont care how it goes.as long as i have happy ai down there. the very existence of our forum depends on her dancing around.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/06/2013(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#27 Posted : 18 June 2013 00:13:07(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

So who's signature in specific is so "large" or overcrowded with pictures, that you feel need to complain about it? I would really like to know.

@Mckenzie If that person feel so, then apparently so. I mean some of you just need to get off your high horses. I don't really see what the issue is, and I myself don't use that many signatures. Is like you guys always want something to complain about.

I still would like to know though, who's signature is causing the issue, because as of now, I don't see anybody who's signature is insanely big or whatever.

My point is, there is still no need to have tons of pictures of the same person in your sig. It's not about being on a "high horse" or any of that shit, it's about making the forum pleasant looking and easy to explore. I never said anything is wrong with your signature, but there are about 4 in RP which take the piss. Before you ask who they are, I don't know off the top of my head but i'm sure you'll notice them.

Edited by user 18 June 2013 00:14:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/06/2013(UTC)
#28 Posted : 18 June 2013 00:50:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post

My point is, there is still no need to have tons of pictures of the same person in your sig . It's not about being on a "high horse" or any of that shit, it's about making the forum pleasant looking and easy to explore. I never said anything is wrong with your signature, but there are about 4 in RP which take the piss. Before you ask who they are, I don't know off the top of my head but i'm sure you'll notice them.

I'm sure there is like one person in this forum doing that, but it really isn't that serious! Do we really have to make a rule about everything? Also, let them be! If they want to look stupid, then let them look stupid! Their signatures really aren't causing any harm to the forum, just as long as they aren't going overboard like that "Kandii" user, so I don't see what the problem is. Just because their sigs aren't pleasant, prestigious and of Picasso quality to your eyes, doesn't mean they have to change their sigs.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#29 Posted : 18 June 2013 02:26:28(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I'm sure there is like one person in this forum doing that, but it really isn't that serious! Do we really have to make a rule about everything? Also, let them be! If they want to look stupid, then let them look stupid! Their signatures really aren't causing any harm to the forum, just as long as they aren't going overboard like that "Kandii" user, so I don't see what the problem is. Just because their sigs aren't pleasant, prestigious and of Picasso quality to your eyes, doesn't mean they have to change their sigs.

Wow. You're trying to put words into my mouth now. I've never once claimed it makes the users look stupid or that they aren't good enough quality. All i've simply stated is that having a shit ton of pictures in your signatures makes the forum look cluttered and there is really no need for them all. And yes, I do believe their should be a smaller limit on it.
retired x
#30 Posted : 18 June 2013 02:53:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post

Wow. You're trying to put words into my mouth now. I've never once claimed it makes the users look stupid or that they aren't good enough quality. All i've simply stated is that having a shit ton of pictures in your signatures makes the forum look cluttered and there is really no need for them all. And yes, I do believe their should be a smaller limit on it.

WTH, I'm not putting words in your mouth. I never quoted you, or claimed they came from your mouth.....
Offline _Python_  
#31 Posted : 29 July 2013 21:07:03(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
To all the long posts about post count:

UserPostedImage

But to all the long posts about what this topic is about, good shit - I still don't like huge signatures, but fuck it. Everyone else is in favor of it.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked _Python_ for this useful post.
kandii on 29/07/2013(UTC)