logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2013 01:28:11(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single : Proposition
From Album : This Is Yasmine
Artist : Yasmine
Release Date : June 29th , 2013
Recorded : June 3rd , 2013 – June 21st , 2013
Length : 8:17
Genre : Indie Rock , Indie Pop , Indie Folk
Label : N/A
Produced by : inZane

After 2 years of working at a Coffee House where she participated in open-mic every Monday & Friday morning becoming a local " star " and being discovered by Pharrell Williams now opening for Vara Gallo , Yasmine is finally here with her debut promo a-side/b-side single from her future album , This Is Yasmine , Proposition . It only makes sense for a debut project to introduce you to who the artist is and why they do what they do . The a-side and b-side single does exactly just that . The A-Side , Proposition , explains for us how Yasmine feels about her old life , how she feels about our repetitive , bland and boring everyday life really , and how she has found her way out with a proposition . The B-Side is her saying bye to her old fearsome self and leaving that part of her behind for a better her , a better life . Together both tracks sum up that she is moving on in life to become something more , something new , something better .

Edited by user 29 September 2013 13:26:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/06/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 01/07/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 07/07/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2013 01:54:19(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Side : A
Track : Proposition
Length : 4:11
Genre : Indie Rock , Indie Folk
Written by : Yasmine Kiambang

Music Description
An acoustic guitar intros the song with a very calm melody which sets sort of a peaceful mood . After a few seconds Yasmine's voice comes in calm as well , still keeping that peaceful mood . As , | Hidden in the shadows, a waitress | Uniquely divine but she still blends in | She's tired of surviving off of her $2 tips | Hope has gotten her here and now she's through with it | is sung the peaceful mood turns more of a depressive feeling now because of the lyrics . As she gets to the pre-hook of the song , the guitar slows down and her voice is a little quieter . | Cause everyone is just searching for a chance | A chance for when they finally get to die | After these are sung the guitar speeds back up to regular speed and you can hear echoes of her voice in the lines | So we can part from this world in hope of a better life | Cause everybody secretly knows as humans our purpose in life | and then it is as if almost everything gets stiff as she sings | Is to live and die | . Just then an Indie Folk type beat drops in on the song , giving the lyrics a darker feeling just as in the background you hear Yasmine's voice fade in and out singing | So we live to die , so we live to die | . The Folk Type Beat still plays , it just fades in and out during the 2nd verse . | We are confused , We are ambiguous | Chasing ambitions that weren't made for us | So why do you feel proud that you haven't given up ? | Hope without work is more pathetic than believing in luck | Once the last two lines are sung a piano that has been playing this whole time is finally directly heard and is playing deep toned keys . It all stops again as she gets to the pre-hook and the same melody as before plays as before except the guitar is playing a little differently . | And to all the fallen , you're the lucky ones | 'Cause you don't have to live a lie , you're truly alive | You parted from this world in hope of a better life | And you've experienced first hand that as humans our purpose in life | Is to live and die | As the Indie Folk Type Beat comes back on the Hook starts with her repeating 3 times | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | The bridge comes in and the background music makes it feel like everything is rising , and it even overlays Yasmine's voice but then goes back calm as the Pre-hook starts | Well I gave it my all , But to hell with it | The only thing that kept me here was my fear of being stranded | It clouded my decision like a red mist , | But now I have a ... Proposition | But now I've accepted a ... Proposition | Once the hook starts all you hear is the guitar and soon the other instruments and the Indie Folk beat which all kind of stops at once with the guitar fading off as the hook ends .

Lyrics Description
The fact that she is singing the whole song in such a calm tone , barely any riffs , just fading into high notes every now and then makes it seem a little depressive , which is kind of an odd feeling to give off in a song about Yasmine freeing herself , but then again this song isn't just about her freeing herself . In the first two lines | Hidden in the shadows, a waitress | Uniquely divine but she still blends in | Yasmine is talking about how she has been an " Average American " just living an " Another Day , Another Dollar " type of life . Doing the same thing day after day , not being an individual , but just trying to get by in life . The next 2 lines | She's tired of surviving off of her $2 tips | Hope has gotten her here and now she's through with it | meaning she is tired of working at minimum wage job just because she has strong hope . Strong hope is what got her into this boring , bland , lifeless life and so she is just going to give up . | Cause everyone is just searching for a chance | A chance for when they finally get to die | So we can part from this world in hope of a better life | Cause everybody secretly knows as humans our purpose in life | Is to live and die . | In the pre-hook she explains the reason she is giving up is because it seems like everybody is just trying to make it by and wait out life until the day they die . Because in the end the only reason we live , is to die , so we can hope that we make it to Heaven or for some simply no afterlife at all , we just want our chaotic life to be over . In Verse 2's lyrics , | We are confused , We are ambiguous | Chasing ambitions that weren't made for us | So why do you feel proud that you haven't given up ? | Hope without work is more pathetic than believing in luck | , Yasmine gives off a bitter feeling in these lyrics , showing her frustration with hope saying , Everybody knows what they truly want but they settle for way less and say things like , " The only way from the bottom is up . " so they keep their hope and feel good about themselves for not giving up , but the truth is this whole time they haven't trying to go up , they have just been sitting there waiting until their time is up , comparing " Hope without work to believing in luck ( which is something that happens by chance , so why would you believe in it ? ) . | And to all the fallen , you're the lucky ones | Cause you don't have to live a lie , you're truly alive | You parted from this world in hope of a better life | And you've experienced first hand that as humans our purpose in life | Is to live and die . | Ironically , in the pre-hook she says the dead ones are the lucky ones , because they don't have to sit here and go through this monotonous life , they are more alive then the ones who have to . Because the people living a life like that are in a prison they can easily escape if it wasn't for " hope " . Then going on and saying that you got what you were waiting and died and sought a better life and that you know first hand , we all just live to die . That's when Yasmine starts to repeat | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | and means it in 2 ways . 1). That she has been granted a way out of this bland life which is Yasmine freeing herself . 2). Proposition in its meaning pertaining to Logic which is a statement in which something is affirmed or denied, so that it can therefore be significantly characterized as either true or false . | Well I gave it my all , But to hell with it | The only thing that kept me here was my fear of being stranded | It clouded my decision like a red mist , | But now I have a ... Proposition | But now I've accepted a ... Proposition | Now in the bridge she gets more to the freeing herself part . After all this time of explaining why she gave up on hope she explains why she stayed in the first place saying that she really did try her best , she really did but she just can't take it anymore . The only reason why she was still living her bland life and putting up with this anymore was because she was scared of being at her lowest with no way up , and that fear overclouded the way she thought and her common sense . But since now she has a proposition , she is done with her monotonous life . | Cause everyone is just searching for a chance | A chance for when they finally get to die | So we can part from this world in hope of a better life | Cause everybody secretly knows as humans our purpose in life | Is to live and die . | Proposition ( So they live to die ) | Proposition | Proposition ( Let them live to die ) | I've found a new way in life . | When she finishes the song singing the pre-hook and hook , you notice when she once before in the beginning of the song said " we " , but she is now saying " they " in third person . This is because now she isn't included and it isn't her problem anymore . She has freed herself . | I've found my new way in life

[Verse 1]
Hidden in the shadows, a waitress
Uniquely divine but she still blends in
She's tired of surviving off of her $2 tips
Hope has gotten her here and now she's through with it

[Pre-Hook]
Cause everyone is just searching for a chance
A chance for when they finally get to die
So we can part from this world in hope of a better life
Cause everybody secretly knows as humans our purpose in life
Is to live and die .
( So we live to die , so we live to die )

[Verse 2]
We are confused , We are ambiguous
Chasing ambitions that weren't made for us
So why do you feel proud that you haven't given up ?
Hope without work is more pathetic than believing in luck

[Pre-Hook]
And to all the fallen , you're the lucky ones
'Cause you don't have to live a lie , you're truly alive
You parted from this world in hope of a better life
And you've experienced first hand that as humans our purpose in life
Is to live and die .

[Hook]
Proposition
Proposition
Proposition

[Bridge]
Well I gave it my all , But to hell with it
The only thing that kept me here was my fear of being stranded
It clouded my decision like a red mist ,
But now I have a ... Proposition
But now I've accepted a ... Proposition

[Pre-Hook]
Cause everyone is just searching for a chance
A chance for when they finally get to die
So we can part from this world in hope of a better life
Cause everybody secretly knows as humans our purpose in life
Is to live and die .

[Hook]
Proposition ( So they live to die )
Proposition
Proposition ( Let them live to die )
I've found a new way in life .

Edited by user 30 June 2013 02:08:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/06/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/06/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 01/07/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2013 02:01:21(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne - This song is good Yasmine

OOC - Well done its a change from Rum&Coke love it
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
kandii on 30/06/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2013 02:11:57(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Yasmine : Thanks Amy .

OOC : Thanks . It's not too far from what I'm working on with Rum & Coke at the moment , I'm just taking baby steps .
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 30 June 2013 02:34:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: This sounds really good! And different to what I'm familiar with. I can't wait to hear more actually, so good luck with everything.

OOC: The lyrics are really good and so is the rp :) I liked how it's kind of different, where you explain the lyrics too, very good.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 30/06/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 30 June 2013 22:12:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Side : B
Track : Proposition Part II
Length : 4:11
Genre : Indie Pop , Dubstep
Written by : Yasmine Kiambang

Music Description
A piano starts off the song playing deep keys , just as Yasmine starts the first verse once again singing this whole song in a simple voice , this time a little louder than the first tack and a little more live . | It's time to say goodbye to you | I won't ever forget the times I shared with you | But it's time to say goodbye to you | I can't keep myself chained because I love you ... | Just as , | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | , a whole new beat fades in slowly getting louder and louder , getting you ready for when the beat drops , something like what a drum roll would do . Yasmine is singing the hook purposely sounding like she is almost saying them . After the last | Proposition | , the piano isn't playing anymore . You can only hear the beat that was rising and Yasmine's voice vocalizing in the background , sounding something like | Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Ey Le Ey | over and over . After some time of the beat playing out and speeding up you finally hear the Dubstep bass drop . It is the same beat that you heard right before , with a really heavy bass that every now and then gets interrupted by a robotic Dubstep beat . This goes on for about 30 seconds then goes back to the calmer beat as she fades in singing the 2nd verse . It's time to say goodbye to you | If I stay back ... I will resent you | It's time to say goodbye to you | I will regret it , if I stay back for you | It's time to say goodbye ... | Just then she stops singing and you hear the piano again , playing like it did at the beginning of the song . That's when she comes back in singing and now the song sounds just like it did when the song first came on . | I am leaving without you | Because I love you | I am leaving without you | Because I love you | In the bridge you can tell she is having a little fun with her simplistic voice . She starts off with that calm voice and once she gets to the 'cause' of because she does a little run with her voice . The rising beat gets loud once again and takes over the song just as she sings the second part of the hook , once again doing a run on the 'cause' of because . Then once again the dubstep beat drops and it plays out regular for a little bit and next thing you hear is a new , faster beat . That's when Yasmine once again sings/says | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | and after that last | Proposition | the beat stops and the song ends .

Lyrics Description
This song is a dubstep remix of one of Yasmine's tracks on her next album
This Is Yasmine . The original song is called Goodbye to You , which is about her saying good bye to her old fearsome self . Being a dubstep remix , which is a genre really just about dancing , there aren't many lyrics in the song , only a few were taken from the original , but it still has a good meaning . The reason she picked this remix as a good B-Side track , is that because it does everything a B-Side should do , not overshadow the A-Side . The meaning behind the B-Side has a lot to do with the A-Side . More highlighting the lines from the bridge in Proposition which said | Well I gave it my all , But to hell with it | The only thing that kept me here was my fear of being stranded | It clouded my decision like a red mist , | But now I have a ... Proposition | But now I've accepted a ... Proposition | which explained why she stayed in the first place saying that she really did try her best , she really did but she just can't take it anymore . The only reason why she was still living her bland life and putting up with this anymore was because she was scared of being at her lowest with no way up , and that fear overclouded the way she thought and her common sense . But since now she has a proposition , she is done with her monotonous life . In those lines she was talking about how she was afraid of taking that leap of faith and in this song it is all about her saying goodbye to her fear and leaving it behind for this new proposition in her life . | It's time to say goodbye to you | I won't ever forget the times I shared with you | But it's time to say goodbye to you | I can't keep myself chained because I love you ... | The lyrics start off sounding more like she is saying goodbye to herself saying things like I won't forget the times we had but she can't stay back because she loves you . But if you think about it , if you didn't have something keeping you to listening to your fears , would you actually listen to them ? Obviously your guts being scared of fire were right , but when you ignored them you ended up getting burned . After that you wouldn't mess with fire anymore , but if you got burned really bad , you wouldn't do anything your fear told you not to . That's why she is saying goodbye because it seems like nowadays her fears are holding her back in life . Then she goes on to the hook saying | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | saying why she is leaving . In the second verse's lyrics | It's time to say goodbye to you | If I stay back ... I will resent you | It's time to say goodbye to you | I will regret it , if I stay back for you | It's time to say goodbye ... | telling herself that there is no way she can go to this next stage in her life with her fear so she has to leave it behind . She would rather just leave now and not stay back for all the times her fear has been right , because she would live miserably knowing that she turned down a life changing proposition just because she was afraid . | I am leaving without you | Because I love you | I am leaving without you | Because I love you | Now in the bridge she repeats she is leaving without fear/fearsome self because she loves herself , and ends the song | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | Proposition | , saying I've got a better deal now .

[Verse 1]
It's time to say goodbye to you
I won't ever forget the times I shared with you
But it's time to say goodbye to you
I can't keep myself chained because I love you ...

[Hook]
Proposition
Proposition
Proposition
Proposition

[Instrumental Interlude]

[Verse 2]
If I stay back ... I will resent you
I will regret it , if I stay back for you
It's time to say goodbye ...

[Bridge]
I am leaving without you
Because I love you
I am leaving without you
Because I love you

[Instrumental Interlude]

[Hook]
Proposition
Proposition
Proposition
Proposition

thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 01/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 01 July 2013 22:48:11(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Mariko: I have listened to this several times on my tiny little bus. I have no idea who you are,but I love your music.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 01/07/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 01 July 2013 23:44:15(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: This sounds really good! And different to what I'm familiar with. I can't wait to hear more actually, so good luck with everything.

OOC: The lyrics are really good and so is the rp :) I liked how it's kind of different, where you explain the lyrics too, very good.

Yasmine : Terima Kasih :D I always strive to be anything but ordinary with my music , so please do stick around .

OOC : Thank you so much . I can honestly say my strive was to get you like one of my songs , because you're like , top dog 'round here , and so I'm beyond excited right now .

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: I have listened to this several times on my tiny little bus. I have no idea who you are,but I love your music.

Yasmine : Well I'm Yasmine and all you really need to know is that I like cats and raves with furries ... lots and lots of furries .

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 01 July 2013 23:59:33(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko: *waves with both hands* hi,yasmine! You look adorable....far to adorable to be into furries. But hey? Who doesn't like creepy people in animal costumes?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 02 July 2013 00:12:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Yasmine : Lol . * Waves back with both hands * Furries puts all the adorableness in a Rave . I mean , you gotta do something to stay away from all the drugs . I think if I put my mind to it , I could really pull off a nice fox . Well ... not the sexy version , but the sly version . And you could be the most captivating kitty , ever .
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 02 July 2013 00:47:09(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko: people go to raves without using drugs?! That could make furry people even better. We will have to go. I think you could pull off sexy fox too. sly is sexy and your eyes look very sly. I'm buying cat ears today!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 02 July 2013 00:55:12(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Yasmine : :O Get the ones from Japan that move !
Offline erich hess  
#13 Posted : 02 July 2013 01:21:53(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko: hello kitty drones! This will be so much fun.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
kandii on 02/07/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 09 July 2013 05:10:00(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Yasmine- Proposition - Single
UserPostedImage

As I said before, dedicated this week to listening away from my typical genres of music which I have always tried to not limit myself just based on Rock, Pop, etc. I'm more of an easy listener, it's really easy to please me if you know what you're doing. I will say Yasmine definitely knows what she's doing. A girl with such a colorful and interesting past giving an equally amazing song. I am just blown away by how much I love this song, really. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this may be my favorite indie song of the year. It's just really rich in culture and taste. She speaks in a way that most everyone thinks, being tired of what you're doing and seeking something better for yourself. That's the fucking American Dream right? And the impressive thing is, her voice is just so, almost monotone, yet captures your ears and invites you to listen more. She doesn't pull any rabbits from her hats, she doesn't switch it up and start pumping out some weird, trying-to-hard persona. You get the feeling she's just an honest artist like Sammy who loves music and wants to create memories with it. I haven't been able to stop listening to this song since I found it, it's just that damn good. The 'B' side managed to experiment and take it to the attraction of dance music by changing up the sound a little, still keeping it's quality and not fucking up the song (so hard for people to do). She may not have the "star quality" appeal and she may not have some voice that will cause the hairs on your arm to stand up but her music should be reason enough to captivate your damaged ears from some of that bullshit playing today. I love it and for that she gets my very first perfect rating and a standing ovation! *Claps* :D Can't wait to hear more from her!

Highlight of the Song: Entire song

Honor rates 'Proposition' 5/5
thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 09 July 2013 05:26:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica: honor knows what is up.

Nina: even if she didnt review our last Album....

Erica: conflict of interest. She'd be too biased . Way too biased. We are both like the popes of hello kitty.

Nina: you have issues,love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
kandii on 09/07/2013(UTC)