logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2013 12:57:39(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Click HERE for Part 1
Yoon : Welcome back to Mnet Must ! I know we have been manipulating with all of your little heads after talking for SO long about the single with the K-POP duo , Mi•Mi , but it is now finally time that we play the song for you guys , world wide !

The crowd roars , pouring out excitement for the single .

Yoon : So without further ado , ladies and gentle men ... Your Toy !!!

[World Premiere]

UserPostedImage
Single : Your Toy
From Album : In Our Youth
Artist : Mi•Mi
Release Date : September 15th , 2013
Recorded : August 11th , 2013 – September 6th , 2013
Genre : K-Pop , Hip Hop , R&B
Label : Five Pesky Kids
Written by : Mi Sun Kim , Mi Kyung Lee and Airemese Smith
Produced by : Scott RH , NinaT
Length : 3:10

After gaining much success from their debut single , ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' , Misu and Miki were very delighted and taken by surprise . It was almost like overnight they became known all throughout not only America , but the world as millions of people got Mi•Mi's song stuck in their head and used it as an inspirational track . It topped charts literally world wide and was able to peak up to number 5 in America . Though the two were very grateful for the outcome they got , they really want that #1 spot on the American charts . " It would mean so much to me ! " Says Misu . Since the single never did , they were hard at work creating a single that would . In an interview with Mnet's MUST , Misu said , " We think this single is even better than ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' , and we are really hoping that it will debut in the top 5 . I don't want to say 1 because that's a hard spot to get in America , but we definitely have high hopes for this one ! " What makes Misu and Miki think that ' Your Toy ' will top the American charts when ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' didn't ?
While working hard in the studio with NinaT and Scott RH to create music for the lyrics which they wrote with Airemese Smith , they had to find the one thing that was missing in the last single . It was definitely the upbeat , K-POP feel . Although Misu and Miki believes that the vocals and the lyrics amazed people and made the single so likable as something teens and kids would enjoy , but adults as well , they felt like if they gave the crowd something to dance to , it would be even more successful .
You can tell this is exactly what they went off of when you listen to the song . It starts off with a really ' poppy ' feel . With a playful piano playing as Miki intro's the song , spelling both of their names , and then calling out the group name , then going on to talk about how boys are now all over them , so they wont take your games anymore . Misu then starts to help out intro the song , as they switch back and forth for the rest of it . That's when the beat that plays throughout the rest of the song , intros itself . Misu begins the first verse as the music plays out . It's kind of strange how she sings the manipulative , love sick based lyrics in a happy tone on such an upbeat song . Once the first verse is over , Miki begins to help Misu sing in the pre-hook . The twisted lyrics continue throughout the pre-hook . Just as the last line is sung by Miki , Misu finishes section of the song by blowing while singing the lyrics | I will not be ... | and leads not only the lyrics , but the instruments into the hook . The hook is really catchy and it's nice and short . By now the audience is probably dancing along to this song already , really vibing out to it . That all changes when the hook is short lived though . Right after it is sung once , all of the instruments cut off and everything is silent for a few seconds . That's when out of nowhere Miki once again , starts off an intro to the song . Right then and there violins come in and starts to play . It's not long before Misu comes in and spells out the group's name as other instruments introduce themselves . That's when Miki starts the second verse , waaay different than the first . The second part of the song has more of a hip hop/R&B feel to it than it did in the first part , with the K-POP feel . It's almost like Misu and Miki goes back in forth in this verse as Miki leads and Misu finishes her sentences . The lyrics stay on the same topic as the first ' song ' , but as you can see are more based on actual toys . Like puppets , | Pull a few strands | toy cars , | Push a button | and even Xbox's | Up all night | Hitting X , left , right | and then go on with her calling out the ' game ' he's trying to play on her . Misu finishing up Miki's sentences continues throughout the verse and pre-hook . They both sing the second hook together which is also really catchy and by now , the audience is also getting their groove on to the second part of the song . It almost seems like the song isn't long enough when the second hook ends and the outro begins with Miki's voice edited while Misu vocalizes , as the last few lines are chanted over a good 4 times and the song ends as the violins and the hip hop beat plays out .
What do you think ? Was ' Your Toy ' a chart topping worthy single like ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' or was it just all over the place ?

Misu
Miki
Both

[Intro]
Let’s go !
M-I-S-U M-I-K-I ,
Mi•Mi !
Them boys line up for our hearts ! ( Mhmm ! )
You heard that ? So know that next time ...
I won't be your toy !

Cause I'll, guide you to the back of the line !
And I'll , find somebody who'll treat me right !
So you ... Better fix your act !
Fix your act ! F-f-f-fix your act !

[Verse 1]
16 , I was so in love and didn't know any better
Didn't care if this wasn't how love was supposed to feel
17 , I was so hyped up cause your love was my drug
Killing me softly , but at least I got a rush .

[Pre-Hook]
Turned out what I thought of love wasn't true
Everything it stood for you tainted

Programmed it in my heart . Didn't even realize the scars
Sickly in love with what we had
My vision of love all distorted like I'm looking through frosted glass

( But boy listen up ) I will not be ...

[Hook 1]
Your toy ~ no more ~ no no !
In my youth , I used to be on all fours , now I'm three feet out the door
Your toy ~ Your Toy ~ Baby
You only get one more shot at this , so don’t let me down boy !

[Intro 2]
I'm 18 now ...
And boy I think we need to talk .

M-I ( ayee ) M-I !

[Verse 2]
Pull a few strands
Just like a...
Push a button
Just like a...
Up all night
Hitting X , left , right
You know I'll be pulling up when

You call
I put a hold on everything
Make sure everything I do is fit for a king

But do you feel the same ?
Cause all you've been sending back is game

[Pre-Hook]
I know you've taken your toll
But I won't be that ...
Girl that you text
But when I call ,
you never get back
Won't be that girl that's ride or die
But is still questioning where you stand at
Cause I'm not that innocent girl
That you took and ruined the world of ...

[Hook 2]
But I'm
Gonna give you another try
You better put a fight ...
Or I'm gonna pack up and leave you behind .
Yea I'm ... warning you boy
This time around I will not be your toy

[Outro]
Fix your act
What You Mad?
Can't get with that?

( Oh oh )
Fix your act
What you mad?
Can't get with that?

( No no nooo )
Fix your act
What You Mad?
Can't get with that?
Fix your act
What you mad?
Can't get with that?

The crowd is now going crazy over hearing the single . The cheers and screams are so loud that it gets hard to hear Yoon on the microphone .

Yoon : WOW ! Just wow !! That AMAZING single is available on iTunes , right now ! Thank you all for tuning in , and please , join us next time on Mnet's MUST !!!

The crowd continues to roar as the show ends and cuts off .

Edited by user 29 September 2013 06:47:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 16/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/09/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 16/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/09/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2013 21:56:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ooc: Awesome work, both parts!

Pixie: This is definitely a favorite! I love how it switches up and sounds like R&B, just so catchy! I loved seeing both parts. You guys will go far with me as a fan :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 16/09/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2013 02:39:08(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Awesome work, both parts!

Pixie: This is definitely a favorite! I love how it switches up and sounds like R&B, just so catchy! I loved seeing both parts. You guys will go far with me as a fan :)

OOC : Thanks a lot !

Misu : Aww , thank you so much for the kind words , Pixie ! I can't believe you're a fan of ours ! It's like a dream come true :D

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 17 September 2013 02:45:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Britney Spears voice - YOU BETTER WERK BITCH! Loving everything you are doing with Mimi, and I love the effort you have put into both parts of this RP. It flows so well, just like a real tv show interview and I feel like you are looking to make these girls big and they deserve it because the quality of your work has been flawwlesss ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 17/09/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2013 02:48:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Barbarian: I love your style ;)

OOC: The slayage continues! LOVED the sound a likes, you betta stan girl! lol No seriously loved it :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
kandii on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 17 September 2013 02:51:26(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Britney Spears voice - YOU BETTER WERK BITCH! Loving everything you are doing with Mimi, and I love the effort you have put into both parts of this RP. It flows so well, just like a real tv show interview and I feel like you are looking to make these girls big and they deserve it because the quality of your work has been flawwlesss ;)

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Barbarian: I love your style ;)

OOC: The slayage continues! LOVED the sound a likes, you betta stan girl! lol No seriously loved it :)

OOC : LOL ! Thank you , Jaime and Dan ! I am really trying my best with these too and so it's nice to know that they are getting noticed by everybody . Now excuse me while I go find this Britney song and twerk to it v.v