logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2013 12:16:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
STEPHANIE FIERCE

O F F I C I A L - A L B U M - P R E S S - R E L E A S E

"Perfection is something that haunts every artist. It's an evil mindset that captivates the mind and destroy everything, including the artists themselves. You begin to please others when art is not necessarily limited to a form of entertainment, since it is somewhat the reality of your imagination. The same way a critic sits and watches your every move to catch a mistake, the same way you eventually become your own critic and lose your own definition as an artist. You no longer are in control of your art, the audience is. That's when you become an entertainer and not an artist. Never lose yourself as an artist. Even if it means having all empty seats.

Let the show begin. "
- Stephanie Fierce

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Official Album Cover

Name: "Amplified"
Genres: Pop-Experimental
Recorded: October 29, 2012 - December 10, 2013
Writer/Composer: Stephanie Fierce
Producers: Stephanie Fierce
Executive Producers: Stephanie Fierce, Chris Cunningham
Photographer/Artwork: Chris Cunningham
Tracks/Length: 17
Formats: MP3 & Video, App Album, Google Play Music, Apple App Store
Operating Systems: iOS (Android), Windows 8*, Apple, OS X (iTunes)
Release Date: March 23, 2014
Record Label: North Hill Records

"Amplified" is the eight studio album by singer-songwriter and musician Stephanie Fierce set to be released on March 23, 2014 through the ownership of North Hill Records. The album is set to be the music industry's first major music album release that will not be scanned by Chart Heat Top 20 Album's chart. The album will only be compatible with any device containing the selected APP stores from Apple, Windows, Android markets and no purchase will be necessary for download. This however marks Fierce's second album released for free. The fifth studio album "Free" was released and available for free download for a limited time.

"Part of the innovative process in creating this album was for me to do something I've never done before. The way technology is always involving inspired me to do this, because I feel in some way or another, The whole APP thing is really cool because fans get the cohesive full length album with visuals to each track and it's all stored in one place for you to have easy access to it. As a pop artist it is very important for me to provide visual to my fans, so that part isn't left out. So you get the best of both worlds. This is obviously a new idea and with that comes a long of challenges. The challenge main to this was: "how do we make it available to as many people as we can?". Not everyone has an iPad, not everyone has android, so I really try to be as versatile as I could, there's not a company preference. You are capable of downloading this on PC, a cellphone, a tablet, just about anything that can store music and videos" - Stephanie Fierce

"Amplified" App Album Features

- "Amplified" Digital Album
- Music Video Anthology for "Amplified"
- Digital Booklet: The Retrospective Timeline
- Access to The Amplified Store (Exclusive Album Merchandise ect.)
- Exclusive Photography, Video clips and Behind the Scenes Footage
- Stream Live Televised performances as they happen in HD
- Purchase tickets for the "Amplified World Tour" with Priority Seating *
- Additional Features

*The Amplified World Tour will be announced in November 2014. In order for fans to purchase tickets and access the Amplified Store, they will need to download the APP and have internet connection. A commercial will be filmed for the tour and will be released exclusively to the APP.

The LP comes shortly after the release of "Love is Lust"; which is the previous full length studio album that was released on July 8, 2012. The album, which failed to meet commercial success in comparison to previous albums, but was proceeded with an more successful EP titled "Man Music" which went on to sell over 3 million copies. Despite the success of the singles, Fierce unveiled in a personal interview that the release of "Love is Lust" was mishandled, leading to a "frustrating" experience throughout. The album's title "Immortal" had been revealed through a personal open letter Fierce had blogged as part of a New Years gift to her fans on December 31st 2012. The concept of the album was unveiled even further upon the release of an interview with GQ magazine were Stephanie discussed the inspiration of the album title and what fans may expect musically back in January of this year. Fierce went on to say that for the first time her very own haters inspired the title of one her albums through a song she had written. During the interview, the song was revealed to be "Insane", which the leading single off the new album. The album's concept simply demonstrates strength, love and power and overcoming your biggest obstacles in life therefore feeling "Immortal". However that concept was later on scrapped, and song "Insane" was left a stand alone release single. "Bless Me" was then released as the official lead single and the song went number one both the Airplay and Digital songs chart. The song is the only song on the album, aside from "Insane" to get an exclusive single release.

"The idea of the album is to represent Stephanie Fierce as a goddess of love, hate, sex, lust and pop through the lyrics. The sound will be represented as a retrospective of every album Fierce has released. "Bless Me" for example, represents the Goddess of Lust and "Fast Forward" will represent the Rebel Goddess Fierce. "Bless Me" is a retrospective of "Dying in the Airwaves" and "Fast Forward" is a retrospective of "Pop Sinner". So we have that kind of vibe going through the album, and that's what inspired the title of the album. We're talking every sound and we're sort of amplifying it and evolving it to a more modern sound. - Chris Cunningham

The very first song recorded of the album was recorded at the luxury of her own home, where she was joined by Johnny Johnson and the Rockers for production purposes. The album in it's entirety however had been recorded in many locations while Stephanie Fierce was on the road on her "History Revealed" World Tour. While most of the songs where recorded when Fierce was on her tour bus trailer; in which she penned most of the songs as well, Fierce took some time off in Japan to write and record three of the tracks on the album at her own personal private owned music studio, which she had originally built for the recording of her third and fourth studio albums "Stephanie Fierce" and "Newborn". The use of the studio in Japan had an influence on the album's more bluesy songs. Also, for the first time since since the release of her first and second studio albums "The Past, the Present and the Future of Pop" and "Diary of a Pop Sinner", Fierce allowed high profile producers to join her on the production process of the album with comments and critiques and even present her with demo's of unfinished tracks they had been working on for other artist. However, Fierce made sure to be heavily involved in the mixing process of those tracks that were presented to her and she refused to accept anything that didn't organically start with her.

"For the first time in a long time, I felt like it was ok to bring in other people's ideas into my album. I can be very narcissistic when it comes to making my albums, so it was very hard at first but I think that's what brought new light to my music. For so long I've been creating these depressing albums and I felt like it was time to bring something new and something with a new energy and bringing in a fresh sound that brings happiness to me when I perform. I've worked with Chris Cunningham for a really long time and he and I have a really cool partnership when it comes to my creative direction" - Stephanie Fierce

The album consists of many genres that are portrayed with a mainstream approach and some of the songs on the album have an urban touch or a fused with sounds that fit Fierce's style of music.

"My goal for this album was to create sounds that were captivating to the mainstream audience and general public, but also contained substance and definition that could be recognizable by an indie audiences. There's this current outburst of indie wannabe musicians in the industry and I definitely didn't want to follow that trend. The style of indie has always been living withing me, as many artist forget I started out as an underground eletronica pop artist, but I don't believe that something has to sound indie in order for it to be musically great. My goal was to create something that was unique but current enough to be called mainstream not indie and I'm ok with that. The sound is almost like a flashback of everything I've done but not a reductive kind of way, we're amplifying it". - Stephanie Fierce

Track-listing/Confirmed Tracks:

1. Amplified
2. BIC
3. Bad Behavior ft. Dominic Brown
4. Million Dolla Pussy/Freak
5. Grown Folks
6. Insane
7. Immortal
8. Intro/Goddess of Pop
9. Stars
10. Pegasus
11. Love Warrant
12. Bless Me
13. Love Hobbo
14. Adored ft. Johnny Johnson
15. Jaws
16. Ghost of Your Love ft. Daniel
17. Hurt

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 24 March 2014 12:59:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 12/11/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 13/11/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 13/11/2013(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 14/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2013 12:31:58(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
erich:oh wow. that couch is in every cuban grandma's home. complete with plastic.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 12/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/11/2013(UTC)
#3 Posted : 13 November 2013 01:41:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich: oh wow. that couch is in every cuban grandma's home. complete with plastic.

Stephanie Fierce: Some production guy on the set suggested it, I'm just the pop star lol I guess he was Cuban. Hmmm...
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 13 November 2013 01:48:21(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: When it comes to Stephanie I always get so excited and so anxious, because we can't never predict what she's going to come up with in every new release, just hearing that she's taking on her catalogue songs like 'dying in the airwaves' to inspire her produce new material, gives me the chills.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 13/11/2013(UTC)
#5 Posted : 13 November 2013 01:55:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: When it comes to Stephanie I always get so excited and so anxious, because we can't never predict what she's going to come up with in every new release, just hearing that she's taking on her catalogue songs like 'dying in the airwaves' to inspire her produce new material, gives me the chills.

Stephanie Fierce: Well that's a very touching comment Magie thank you :) Apparently I don't know either lol I scare my own self sometimes! One day I'm doing country and the next I'm doing Emo Rock. I'm unpredictable *Evil face*
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 13/11/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 13 November 2013 02:03:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich: oh wow. that couch is in every cuban grandma's home. complete with plastic.

Stephanie Fierce: Some production guy on the set suggested it, I'm just the pop star lol I guess he was Cuban. Hmmm...

Erich: I knew he was square,I didnt know he was....Cuban!

Karoliena: that was so bad,it physically hurt.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 13 November 2013 02:59:18(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Arianna: My, my, Miss Fierce! Don't you look ravishing on the cover? (giggles) I must admit, it was very daunting to me taking on my new position at North Hill, how could I be the boss to someone as well established and known as yourself? I still feel a little out of my depth. But I will do all I can to make sure your record gets the attention it deserves.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
#8 Posted : 13 November 2013 04:03:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Arianna: My, my, Miss Fierce! Don't you look ravishing on the cover? (giggles) I must admit, it was very daunting to me taking on my new position at North Hill, how could I be the boss to someone as well established and known as yourself? I still feel a little out of my depth. But I will do all I can to make sure your record gets the attention it deserves.

Stephanie Fierce: Don't worry Ms. Arianna, in case you ever lost in your awesome new position, just know I'm always here to help ;) And of course darling, thanks :)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 13 November 2013 04:11:15(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: official excited, your like the best and most iconic and influencial singer around :D

OOC - im officially excited for this :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
#10 Posted : 13 November 2013 05:12:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: official excited, your like the best and most iconic and influencial singer around :D

OOC - im officially excited for this :)

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you very much Ms. Amy-Jayne, I highly doubt that, but I do appreciate the comment of course :)

OOC: Thank you :)
#11 Posted : 14 December 2013 04:50:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Official Track-list + More Details Released
#12 Posted : 17 December 2013 04:37:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

UserPostedImage

5 Quick Questions with Stephanie Fierce about 'AMPLIFIED'

UserPostedImage

RS: Who's idea was it to release this album as an APP, rather than a traditional LP? How will this effect the way fans listen to your music?

SF: Initially it was my idea, I just didn't think it would be possible or tasteful because my fans were under the impression of an LP sort of album. However, when the idea started to evolve, I was very comofrtable and open with it and that's when I made the decision that I will release this as an APP album. With that being said, I wanted to make a statement, and that's that I'm at a point in my career where sales really don't matter to me and that's something I want my fans to understand. I've sold over 100 million records, so why does it matter for me to sell a million more. It really doesn't.

I think in a way this brings more attention to the music and the art rather than where the album and the singles are placing on some chart. My fans can have my music for free, and that's the way I want it from now on. Like any other APP, People who download the album will be able to post their own reviews and ratings, but only when the APP scans that you've heard the album in its entirety. I encourage my fans to actually post a honest review of what they think as I will be reading them. It just really changes the way you listen to an album. The fact this is a concept album, it was very important for my fans to listen to the album in it's entirety and not just the singles. I've always said that, since the beginning of my career.....

RS: Does this mean that your future albums, including 'Amplified' wont be available in the traditional physical LP format? How does the way you are distributing your album change the way you look at yourself as an artist?

SF: Amplified will eventually be available in the physical LP format, but you will need to order it online on the Fierce Music Store, starting February 14, 2014. That means that retail stores will not carry the album, fans will need to purchase it on the Fierce Music Store online. This may apply to my future albums depending on the approach I have with it, but the goal is to give the music for free to the fans without a hassle. I don't think anything, I'm just trying to give my fans a body work they can enjoy for years to come.

RS: So how is this new album going to sound like? What is the concept?

SF: The album will contain many genres, but with each genre, I sort of made it experimental, and added industrial and minimal sounds that aren't typically heard in that genre of music. Keep in mind, that this album started out being an alternative hip-hop, rap album, but I think with the wave of rappers I sort of wanted to take a different approach. When it comes to inspiration, I was just inspired my brand and just the life I live. A lot of the songs were inspired by the setting and culture I was around the moment and place I recorded the songs. For example, 'Pegasus' was recorded in Japan and you can hear a lot of influence from Japan's traditional music in it, but it is still very contemporary dream pop element in it too. The ultimate goal was to take each album I've released and make it into a set-list of new songs and put them on steroids. The visual concept is representing the egotistical artist that I am, so I represent myself in forms of different Goddesses. It all ties in together as a retrospective album.

RS: Aside from this being a retrospective album, is there like a new particular sound you are introducing that fans propbably haven't heard from you before?

SF: I've done so many genres that I don't think I can answer that question if I'm being honest with you (giggles). But what I can say is that not one song on the album is a replica of what I've done nefore, there's huge differences in the concepts and chords within the structure of the music and some songs on the album weren't made with the intention of it being a retrospective to a previous release of mine. Basically what I want to express is that if you want to take my body of work and put it in one album, this is what you're going to get, whatever is new, is new.

RS: You mentioned that the album will be a 'visual album'. Why do you feel is necessary for fans to see all the music videos at once?

SF: Me and Chris Cunningham teamed up to shoot all of the videos for the songs on the album. Chris is the co-executive producer of the album, but that's because me and him have a weird way of thinking. We think so much a like. Part of my artistry is visuals. I mean I'm not Ryan Ross Hernandez, I'm not gonna give you a live music video and call it a day. I mean that's just part of being a pop artist right? You have visuals, but at the same time, I wanted to do something different, Rather than create a spectacle behind each single or pick and choose what videos I make, why not turn the whole album into a video? but to really answer your question, I want my fans to see my music not just hear it. There's a deeper connection you get when you do that. In other words, I'm not just shooting a whole bunch of music videos, I'm actually tying in together where the music really came from, and bringing those lyrics to life.
thanks 4 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC)
#13 Posted : 23 March 2014 14:59:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

thanks 6 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 23/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 23/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#14 Posted : 24 March 2014 09:37:51(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Harmony: Heeeeeeyyy! Guess who's going to be shaking her white girl booty and getting her Stephanie Fierce on? <---- This Girl!

Ooc: Really nice touch with the YouTube song preview video. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 24/03/2014(UTC)
#15 Posted : 24 March 2014 13:00:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Harmony: Heeeeeeyyy! Guess who's going to be shaking her white girl booty and getting her Stephanie Fierce on? <---- This Girl!

Ooc: Really nice touch with the YouTube song preview video. :)

Stephanie Fierce: Get it boo!!!! haha :)

OOC: Thank you so much, the fun really begins sometime next week! and thank you for being a part of Amplified :)