logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 09 September 2014 05:08:22(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 15 November 2014 05:00:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/09/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 09 September 2014 05:08:29(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Artist: Arianna Harley
Album: Melancholy
Genre: Indie pop, alternative
Label: Songs to Love and Die By
Lyrics: Arianna Harley
Production: Jared Nevo

Arianna Harley, lead vocalist in indie group Hey Lolita, has finally got the ball rolling with her solo career after teasing us with soundtrack song "Fear & Freedom" from the box-office smash Summer Break. A demo titled "Professional" also leaked earlier in the year, which put Arianna's sultry vocals on display as she delivered some seriously suggestive lyrics. She may not be the lolita with her scar-faced friend anymore, but she proved she's most certainly still got it when it comes to putting out top-quality music all on her own.

Since the closure of North Hill Records, Arianna swiftly got herself a new record deal with Songs to Love and Die By, wasting no time to reveal news on her debut single "Dark Glamour", taken from Melancholy, her debut album in stores November 3rd. Just yesterday, the indie-pop princess shocked fans with its cover, "a collage of bittersweet memories" she describes, displaying a variety of photos in the background behind her mysterious gaze off into the distance - look closely, and you notice Scott Rose-Hilton in the bottom right-hand corner. Now, of course we all know the reason behind that unless you were living under a rock at the time news broke, but it was a seriously bold and brave move of her to do after the abuse she got from that scandal. We're sure the controversial starlet will explain herself in her interview with Rolling Stone, coming later this week.

UserPostedImage

But onto what's most important here, the music, which fans have been eagerly awaiting for quite some time now ever since Arianna confirmed she was working on her own album. It's been over a year since Hey Lolita's sophomore The Confessionals dropped, so it's been long overdue. "Dark Glamour" is meant to be our first proper introduction to Arianna's vision as her own artist, yet it doesn't stray far from what we've heard from her in Hey Lolita. It's still produced by none other than Jared Nevo, and Arianna herself has confirmed the song was recorded together with plans of it making Hey Lolita's third studio album, which was later scrapped when the duo decided they were no longer "creatively compatible".

"We had several recording sessions and work was very much under way on the third album, but I wanted to go in one direction and Scar wanted to go in another, it was a mutual decision to go off and do our own thing, at least for the time being," Arianna describes. "However, during those sessions before things started to get challenging for us as two people with two different ideas, we really did manage to create some special music. "Dark Glamour" is one of those songs that I just couldn't bare to slip away into obscurity just because we were no longer working on that record, Scar insisted that I have it for this solo project of mine, we both realised how much potential it has. We reworked the song to fit with the sound I was going for and it turned into something incredibly beautiful."

Arianna's vocals are notably deeper than usual in the song's gloomy, slow verses, her chilling, moody voice pairing perfectly with the distorted guitars and static in the background that runs throughout the duration of the track. We can only but speculate for now, but it's likely Arianna wanted this unpolished, lo-fi sound for her record whilst Jared perhaps wanted a more modern, clean indie-rock sound for Hey Lolita's future, but either way, Jared pulled off what Arianna wanted in the song's production and the style fits her voice perfectly. Despite singing about fame and fortune, a subject that once sounded glamorous and joyful on Hey Lolita's debut Vegas Nights, Arianna revisits it on the track after experiencing the downside of fame in her own personal life, and it shows in the message of the song that it's clearly not all that it's cracked up to be. "Diamonds in our coffin / And we don't pray for nothing / It's the dark side of glamour", she sings elegantly in the song's chorus as the guitars become slightly more powerful, but the production never loses its understated charm. It's an effectively gentle song with some powerful lyrics that fits perfectly on an album titled Melancholy.

"Dark Glamour"

(Sounds similar to)

Put your money where your girl is, boy
Love me like these lips send you to bliss
Smile for the cameras in a Hollywood manner
If you're set for life, then nothing else matters
We can live the dark side of glamour
Just like I always dreamed of on those Vegas nights
Stargazing on the pavements under the moonlight
When we were lonely and wide awake
Money in these pockets so we can hear 'em shake
That's music to my ears, living like an old school gangster

Diamonds in our coffin
And we don't pray for nothing
It's the dark side of glamour
We're living for the dark side of glamour
I walked away from the golden gates
Won't let anyone else decide my fate
Livin' like this to live for the better
But this lifestyle don't last forever

I love it when the cash flows, honey
Wallet out and you show the world how you love me
Admire me like myself lookin' in the mirror
We hold hands and we're pretty as a picture
Just like we always said, sat under the sunset
Where we promised we'd have no regrets
Doesn't matter who you hurt along the way
Everyone's gotta have their time to pay
So we can have our time, our name in lights
Lightin' up the city in the darkest of nights

Diamonds in our coffin

Take a picture before the lid closes on me
Kiss me quick before the sun goes down on me
It's the dark side of glamour, and baby
It's just you et moi, et moi, et moi
Swimming pool by the green grass
Intoxicate me out of the finest glass
We do it our way, living fancy free
And can't nobody tell me

Diamonds in our coffin
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/09/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 09/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 09 September 2014 17:29:34(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Daisy: God...your voice in this. Talk about sensual. Got my heart all fluttery and that. Just perfect.

OOC: Love these lyrics.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 10/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#4 Posted : 09 September 2014 22:28:37(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: Shit. I was a little sceptical about your new album not being a Hey Lolita release, but this has dismissed any doubt I had over it. This is so fucking good. I love how haunting and dark the whole thing is, it's like a lullaby. If the rest of the album is as strong as this, you'll easily be on to a winner. Bravo!

OOC: I'm with GK, sick lyrics!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 10 September 2014 00:51:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: I'm loving your attitude and your solo efforts are freaking amazing! I can understand sometimes going separate ways because you have your own vision is understandable, but this allows you to develop even more as an artist and even Scar seems to understand. Obviously, it made sense because "Dark Glamour" is one of my favorites from you!

OOC: I just adore this! I love the artwork, the concept, and its really going to put a mark on Arianna Harley as a solo artist! The lyrics are great too as others mentioned!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 10 September 2014 04:24:17(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Daisy: God...your voice in this. Talk about sensual. Got my heart all fluttery and that. Just perfect.

OOC: Love these lyrics.

Arianna: It really wasn't my intention to flutter any hearts... but it still feels good to hear about it. (giggles)

OOC: Thanks, glad you like them!

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Shit. I was a little sceptical about your new album not being a Hey Lolita release, but this has dismissed any doubt I had over it. This is so fucking good. I love how haunting and dark the whole thing is, it's like a lullaby. If the rest of the album is as strong as this, you'll easily be on to a winner. Bravo!

OOC: I'm with GK, sick lyrics!

Arianna: Me too, actually. It's strange doing this all on my own, but I'm so pleased to hear you like the song, Ryan. The rest of the album definitely has this dark and haunting vibe to it, so I'm hopeful you'll like the record. Thank you so much.

OOC: Thanks. :)

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: I'm loving your attitude and your solo efforts are freaking amazing! I can understand sometimes going separate ways because you have your own vision is understandable, but this allows you to develop even more as an artist and even Scar seems to understand. Obviously, it made sense because "Dark Glamour" is one of my favorites from you!

OOC: I just adore this! I love the artwork, the concept, and its really going to put a mark on Arianna Harley as a solo artist! The lyrics are great too as others mentioned!

Arianna: I guess you get to a stage where you no longer want to apologise, at least that's how I feel. That's definitely the way I see it too, but there's definitely hope for a reunion one day. :) I'm so glad to hear you like it, Steph. Coming from someone with so much success, that's extremely overwhelming.

OOC: Thanks, Dan! Really pleased you like it. :)

Edited by user 10 September 2014 04:24:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 10 September 2014 05:50:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: I'm so so so SO happy you exist. You're the only (Besides Glamazon) dark star that burns the brightest. I can count on you two to really bring it with your lyrics and you've been through it. They aren't written for you and you just sing for a hit, you sing so beautifully, and ugh I need this album. You're so fucking bold, it's attractive.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 11/09/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 11 September 2014 04:38:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: I'm so so so SO happy you exist. You're the only (Besides Glamazon) dark star that burns the brightest. I can count on you two to really bring it with your lyrics and you've been through it. They aren't written for you and you just sing for a hit, you sing so beautifully, and ugh I need this album. You're so fucking bold, it's attractive.

Arianna: And I'm happy you exist too, Honor. We need more beautiful women like yourself around. I'm incredibly flattered by your kind words, I know you're always very open and honest with your opinion, so it's a relief to hear someone like yourself enjoys the music. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
RoseJapanFan on 11/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 12 September 2014 04:08:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: I think I never expressed my admiration by you before, but it's never too late to say that I really admire the artistry of your music, it always sounded really epic when you were with Hey Lolita and it seems it will be even more epic now that you're solo. I'm very impressed by this song.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 15/09/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#10 Posted : 15 September 2014 04:57:04(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Abie: I think I never expressed my admiration by you before, but it's never too late to say that I really admire the artistry of your music, it always sounded really epic when you were with Hey Lolita and it seems it will be even more epic now that you're solo. I'm very impressed by this song.

Arianna: It certainly is never too late. Thank you so much, that means the world to me. Hopefully I do both myself and Scar proud with my own record, because although we may not be Hey Lolita any longer, I still feel very much connected to my past and the music that we put out. So glad you like it. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline GirlSpice  
#11 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:29:11(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Arianna Harley is a name you'll be hearing a lot of in the next year, at least that's what she hopes. The seductive Hey Lolita songstress has recently signed a new deal, dropped a new single titled "Dark Glamour" and shocked fans with the cover to debut album, Melancholy. We caught up with the daring singer earlier this week to get a glimpse of what exactly her intentions were.

What was the inspiration behind the album cover? Was the aim to cause controversy?
Arianna: I think people were going to say something about me whether the cover was controversial or not, so why not give them a reason to talk? The focus always has to be on something... past scandals, my look, my career, people love to gossip. I like the cover though and that's all that matters to me. I thought as this is my first solo album, it would be a nice way to introduce people to me by making a collage of the beautiful and tragic moments that have happened in the past. It's great to look at the cover and have so many memories. But I'm turning my back to every little piece, I feel like I'm starting my career again and it's extremely emotional.

Do you think the cover will get you in trouble?
Arianna: I don't know, it hasn't yet. (giggles) But at this stage, I have nothing to prove as a person or musician, so I don't give a shit. I don't mean that in a cruel or big headed way, but I have had so many horrible things said about me in the past, some very humiliating moments. There's only so many times you can apologise for being a human being. The cover was a statement that I adored.

I imagine you'd want to distance yourself from the whole affair scandal, why was that something you felt you had to include on the cover?
Arianna: Because my mistakes are my mistakes only, and they are for me to learn from and decide what I do with them. Did you notice how at the time, and funnily enough even still today, that it was only my name that was run through the mud? I think it's a very sad world we live in, especially to live on this planet as a woman, we go through a lot more than men would in certain situations. Either way, it was a big wake up call for me about how twisted the world can be, it gave me a darker soul. To be a newcomer in this industry and led astray and taken advantage of in such a way, it was hard on me. That's why I had to address it.

Your love life ever since has remained extremely private, are you seeing someone right now?
Arianna: No, I am not. I think the idea of a relationship right now is very... not me, it's one dimensional and bland. I was becoming the woman I feared, so I had to step back. I'm an old soul, I like to be as free as I can possibly be, otherwise I feel extremely suffocated and I go into this state of depression. I'm not saying I don't like the idea of love, but I'm saying I love the idea of meeting different people and hearing their stories and what they can give me even more. There's something exciting about that.

You're rarely spotted on social media, hardly updating your Twitter or Tumblr. Do you not find fan interaction important?
Arianna: Gosh, no. I think interaction is one of the most beautiful aspects of my career, the fact that I can meet people who are touched by music and I'm touched by their love. But I feel it has to be in person, so we can connect and touch and feel that moment. I like to hug and kiss my fans... I don't even like saying fans, they're my friends. I just don't like to live my life online. I think the Internet is the dark side of the world, I don't like to use it so much. I just find musicians who spend all their time on Twitter quite worrying, as if they love the fame and the lifestyle more than creating the art. I wouldn't feel right.

A lot of Hey Lolita fans have asked would you and Scar ever reunite and are you still in contact?
Arianna: Yes, me and Scar are still very much in contact, he will always be a dear friend of mine. In fact, he produced the new single, so of course we still talk often. We achieved a lot in such a small space of time and I couldn't have done that without his talents, I love him. We announced a hiatus, not that we're splitting up for good, so I do hope we can work together as a duo again one day. Hey Lolita was only ever meant to be an art project for an EP, maybe an album. Never did we think we'd put out an EP and two albums. I guess we just had to ride the wave when people were starting to pay attention to us, the demand was there and we were enjoying working together. But I think we just wanted different things by the third album, he wanted to go in one direction and I wanted to go in another, it was the right time to do our own thing. I wish him the best of luck and I've heard some of his own material, fans won't be disappointed and can expect it in the new year. He's the biggest perfectionist I know and he won't rush it out for anyone. We live in a time where music is pumped out as quickly as possible, no matter the emotion or how low on inspiration you're running on, you've gotta meet some sort of deadline and get that music out. But me and Scar don't work like that, it has to be the right moment, it has to come naturally. Perhaps that's why Hey Lolita couldn't go on, we're just two very similar artists with two very different plans for our musical future.

Was there ever a time after you and Jared decided to part where you thought you'd be done with music?
Arianna: If I'm completely honest, there absolutely was and I go through each day with a different mind set. Where one day I feel like I could write a whole album and I just feel completely inspired and musically alive. The next, I want to throw it all away and move to somewhere obscure and never be heard of again. It says a lot where the first ever awards I won were for my looks... that pissed me off. I'd think about that and laugh and wonder why I was even bothering in such a shallow industry. I made some beautiful music with Scar and all the industry could give back was a trophy for my appearance? I'd think about stuff like that and would say "I'm done now, I'm not making another record". But you just have to realise, even with the bullshit, there's a huge group of people out there in this world waiting to hear your music. People who understand you and your tastes and what you believe in. That's why I made my own record. I hope I worded that correctly without coming across ungrateful, it was just something playing on my mind.

What made you title the record Melancholy?
Arianna: I had this collection of songs and I sat down, listening to them all one early morning and I had been worrying for quite some time. I thought, "Fuck, I really need to start thinking of a title, what the fuck am I going to call it?" I was really freaking out. I started to think of words to describe what the album sounds like as a complete piece, so that's how I made the decision. It's just a very fitting title for the sound of it... the lyrics aren't exactly sad, but the sound of it is quite moving. It's got a real state of sadness running through it.

Can your fans expect a tour after its release?
Arianna: I really hope I'll get to do that. It's up to the fans, if they support the music and the label notices it's doing well, then I can start going into meetings about arranging a tour. Let's hope it can come to that, because this record would really come to life on stage. No nonsense, just me and a microphone and a band, like how I've always done it.

What inspired those darker sounds on the new album then? Did you not like the music you made as Hey Lolita?
Arianna: See, I knew people would ask me that. No, I loved the two records me and Scar put out. I still do. But those two albums were half my identity and half his, of course things are going to be different when it's fully me, I don't have anyone to say no to me. I don't think anything inspired it, it just happened. It just is. That's what I'm drawn to as a person, I've always taken an interest in sad, maybe even morbid things in life. I'm very much fascinated by death and the afterlife, suicide, depression, all the worst things we could experience or think about as humans. I think it's quite tragic, in a beautiful way.

To round this interview off, what do you think the current opinion is of Arianna Harley with the general public?
Arianna: Good question. I wish I knew that answer myself... I think people know me as "that lolita girl" rather than my name right now. Perhaps that'll change in the next year. That's the aim.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 15/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 15/09/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 15/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#12 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:37:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Katie: Mistakes happen in everyone's life. When you channel them positively into your art, that's a beautiful thing. I salute you for being strong enough to face your own mistakes head on and bring them into what I'm sure will be yet more amazing music.

Ooc: Great interview and I love how you use her history so well to add character depth. Makes it all more realistic and the character more authentic.
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#13 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:43:46(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie: Mistakes happen in everyone's life. When you channel them positively into your art, that's a beautiful thing. I salute you for being strong enough to face your own mistakes head on and bring them into what I'm sure will be yet more amazing music.

Ooc: Great interview and I love how you use her history so well to add character depth. Makes it all more realistic and the character more authentic.

Arianna: Truer words have never been said, gorgeous. Thank you so much, Katie... it's an honour to hear such words from a legend like yourself.

OOC: Thanks, Scott! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
genocidal king on 15/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:45:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: You make being a bad girl look so good ;) I love that about you, it's not you having to try, you just are. I'm one to not judge based on things that happened in the past and plus you make killer music so I wish you all the luck in the world :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#15 Posted : 15 September 2014 06:27:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: YAS! Expose that pussy ;) Purrrrr, purrr! On a serious note, love the direction you are taking with your music as a solo act, Melancholy is already iconic and it hasn't been released yet!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#16 Posted : 16 September 2014 02:00:34(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: You look rather beautiful on that cover. I'm sure that pretty soon everyone will know who Arianna Harley is. You see that? I called it first so when it happens you know who to give the cred to. Haha just kidding, the cred goes to you for having such an unique voice. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#17 Posted : 06 November 2014 07:16:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Melancholy
Official Album Lyrics

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Only Happy When It Rains"

I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad

Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me

I feel good when things are going wrong
I only listen to the sad, sad songs

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that

You'll get the message by the time I'm through
When I complain about me and you

Pour your misery down (Pour your misery down)
Pour your misery down on me (Pour your misery down)
Pour your misery down

You can keep me company
As long as you don't care

You wanna hear about my new obsession?
I'm riding high upon a deep depression
I'm only happy when it rains (Pour some misery down on me)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 06/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/11/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#18 Posted : 06 November 2014 07:16:52(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Melancholy
Official Album Lyrics

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Suicide On Hold"

You want your heaven in a short dress
You like it dirty, well I'm a filthy mess
We both got messed up minds
Doin' crimes without doin' the time
You say life's for living but what's it giving?
When you ain't got any freedom, honey
And I can't spread my wings without a reason
We got the cops on our case
My baby's living for the chase
And I'm trapped in a daze

Cause when the days got grey and old
And I didn't wanna keep walkin' this same damn road
When summer days got colder than cold
And I lost every ounce of hope
You came along to put this suicide on hold

You give me a reason to keep livin' the way we are
And I wouldn't wanna mess with what we got going
The thrills you keep on bringin'
Gets me so high that I'm singin'
Don't you wanna? Don't you wanna?
Say forever, cause it's always better
When we get in trouble together
You give me a reason to breathe
For just a little longer than I felt like, baby

I wanna go to heaven, I wanna go to heaven
I wanna be an angel in club 27
When I got it all so figured out
You came around and showed me what it's like
To feel alive, alive, alive

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 5 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 06/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 07/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/11/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#19 Posted : 09 November 2014 00:51:19(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Fantastic lyrics. This part "I wanna go to heaven, I wanna go to heaven//I wanna be an angel in club 27" is just wonderful. Nice work.
UserPostedImage
GirlSpice on 09/11/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#20 Posted : 09 November 2014 23:41:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

OOC: Fantastic lyrics. This part "I wanna go to heaven, I wanna go to heaven//I wanna be an angel in club 27" is just wonderful. Nice work.

OOC: Thank you, Scott! I would have liked to have done descriptions but I've not had the time, hopefully the lyrics speak for themselves. :p
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry