logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clampdown  
#1 Posted : 27 October 2014 13:21:44(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: (Re)Start Codon
Artist: My Own Violence
Producer: Jeremy Salazar
Genres: Breakcore and IDM
Release date: December 10th
Recorded: August 4th, 2014-October 18th, 2014
Recording Locations: Saturn Records Studio in Seattle, Washington
Label: Saturn Records

Northern Californian electronic producer Jeremy Salazar has just announced the details of a new album entitled "(Re)Start Codon" The album is going to be the album he tours under with Kidd Amaze in his "Best In The World Tour" and Jeremy quotes "My set is something totally different from anything I've ever done. I have my own light system, I have totally new style of music, everything is just going to be insane." When asked about the style of his music he said "My music is more dancey and has more elements of breakcore and I have been experimenting with fucked up time signatures as well." The album is set to release during his tour and Jeremy has plans of having a special set on the release date. The first track has been confirmed to be streaming today and from then on, other tracks will stream every two or three days.

Tracklist:

1.Dance Like Your Hands Have Been Cut Off
2.Love Is Only A Synonym For A Ten Car Pile-Up
3.Put Up Your Guns
4.MYCROFTXXX
5.Stop Throwing Yourself Against The Wall
6.It Only Gets Worse From Here
7.Too Far Gone
8.The Only Thing You Can Do Is Set Yourself Ablaze
9.(Re)Start Codon
10. Reprise

Liner notes:

There are a lot of people I want to thank, believe me, a lot. But there are some I want to thank specifically:

My Mom: Ms.Denise Salazar

Mom, the first thing I want to say is that you're fucking awesome. Without your support, I wouldn't be playing gigs during high school on school nights and crazy drugged up raves. You have been my biggest fan through everything and I really want to thank you for that and in my darkest times, you helped me get through. You let me crash on your couch after hideous breakups and when my roommates would kick me out. Thanks for putting up with my shit and wearing the MOV shirt I gave you.

My Dad: Mr.Kurt Salazar

I've barely known you in my life and that really pains me. I remember occasionally seeing you on holidays but I rarely got to see you other than that. So when I finally got to actually hang out with you in New York, it was fucking awesome. You're so down to earth, a great painter, a great poet, and a great pianist. I hope that I end up like you later in life. Someday, I want to do a collaboration with you, man. I hope you get to read this and we get to hang out again soon!

My Girlfriend: Harper Sones

You are the best girlfriend I can ask for. You're tolerant, you're flexible, you have a great taste in music, you're personality is like mine, you have a great taste in music as well, and of course, you're hot as shit. I want to dedicate this album to you because it's about losing everything and you're sort of the one who came up and lifted me out of the hole I was in. So thank you so much for that. I love you the pieces and I hope it stays that way.

My cat: Socrates

I think you're a personal angel who was sent to me to tell me to get off of Garry's Mod in the middle of the night by jumping onto my keyboard and accidentally hard booting my computer. You're a huge jerk but I love you for that and I wish I could take you on tour with me just so we can crowd surf together. You're the one who comes and sleeps with me when I'm lonely and you're there for me when my life sucks and I hope we remain friends to the end.

Other people who deserve thanks are: Bryan Kobayashi, Noel Houston and the Some Kind of Planet crew, Reese Hollinsworth, Leon Peralta, my roommate, Dan, Everyone who supported my music in high school, all of my other friends, and of course: you guys. Without you, this couldn't happen so take a moment to realize how awesome you are. Pat yourself on the back.

Edited by user 30 December 2014 08:43:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 7 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/10/2014(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 16/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 20/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2014 05:14:28(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: Dance Like Your Hands Have Been Cut Off
Produced By: Jeremy Salazar
Lyrics by: Jeremy Salazar
Length: 7:01
Genre: Breakcore/Jazz

The first track off the album, is a slow gloomy jazz song featuring samples of a woman singing dismal lyrics about her world being over and her having no interest in the world around her. Jeremy qoutes "I wrote this song during a rainy morning in San Luis Obisbo, the sky was so dark and gloomy and it reminded me of the apocalypse and a time in my life where I didn't want to stay in one spot because I had no interest in my surroundings." They song transitions from the gloomy jazz song into a slow dance song which Jeremy describes as "The point where I thought I found my true home sort of represents the slow dance parts of the song and then it transitions back into the slow jazz which represents me quickly losing interest in everything again."

Lyrics:

Bordom and Distaste in the winter
I can't remember if life is meaningful
My mind was hollow

My mind was hollow

I'm through with the world
There's nothing here for me
This world is empty
There's nothing here for me

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

thanks 6 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 16/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 20/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#3 Posted : 19 November 2014 10:13:04(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Love Is Only A Synonym For A Ten Car Pileup
Lyrics by: Jeremy Salazar
Length: 5:09
Genre: Breakcore
Single Release Date: 11/18/2014

Love Is Only A Synonym For A Ten Car Pileup is the second track and the first single off of (Re)Start Codon. It is a lot faster than the first track and it features several intense breaks. The song, Jeremy qoutes, is about being in high school and thinking you've found your true love only to realize they don't love you. He also says that this one was the hardest one for him to record, saying that he kept mastering it wrong and/or messing up the song completely, and then, when he finished mastering it. He accidentally deleted it. "I almost left it out completely because I was so sick of messing with it." Though in the long run, he says that keeping it on was a good idea considering he designated it as a single.

Lyrics:

My head aches so hard I cannot stand
My hands shake so hard I can't keep still
Can't seem to stop myself
Waking up in my bed without my love
Without my love in my bed

Only you can fill this hole in my heart

Can't seem to stop myself

Oh baby

Sounds like:

Chart positions:
#19 on the week of November 30th, 2014 on the Hot Digital Songs Charts

Edited by user 02 December 2014 09:49:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

thanks 4 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 19/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 20/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2014 07:17:50(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: Put Up Your Guns
Length: 3:18
Genre: Breakcore/Sample based IDM

The first instrumental song on (Re)Start Codon is Put Up Your Guns, the whole song is just samples from movies, which is a homage to Salazar's earlier works when he made songs out of tape loops. In fact, he was inspired to write it while looking back on his old music. Jeremy has preformed several rave sets based off of this song and he quotes "This is the song I like to snort ritalin to. So, I play it at raves for a bunch of people who like to snort Ritalin as well. So everyone is happy." When performing this song live, he has three tape players going at the same time for the samples. This, Salazar admits, has sometimes been too much of a hassle. Occasionally, one of the players will get stuck and it will cost him a good five-ten minutes to fix it. But, he says, "It gives the song it's nostalgia for me so I literally have to do it."

Sounds like:

Edited by user 22 November 2014 12:38:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

snap_itshannah on 22/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#5 Posted : 29 November 2014 06:43:38(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: MYCROFTXXX
Produced by: Jeremy Salazar
Length: 6:13
Genre: Breakcore

MYCROFTXXX is the fourth song on (Re)Start Codon. It features the common orchestral samples in Salazar's works and his gloomy singing voice singing about typical dark themes. The title is derived from a sentient computer found in Robert A Heinlein's magnum opus "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress." which Salazar has quoted as one of his favorite books. When playing this song live, Salazar ups the ante with his performance by putting on a fire-proof jacket engulfed in flames. He quotes "As an electronic musician who has played countless raves, nothing get's your stoned audience more excited than fire. It excites the audience and gets them going. So that's why I set myself on fire."

Lyrics:

You told me you dug up trenches
With your fingernails
Twelve lonely hours
I've waited to pull you out
And you turned away
And you said nothing to me
Though your words sound like magic
They are too harsh
They are too harsh
You don't mean them do you?
Do you really hate me?

I've lost both of my legs
I've lost my faith in god
I've lost all my self worth
Just to show you my love

You told me you dug up trenches
With your fingernails
Twelve lonely hours
I've waited to pull you out

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

thanks 5 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 29/11/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#6 Posted : 01 December 2014 05:56:10(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Name: Stop Throwing Yourself Against The Wall
Length: 5:28

Stop Throwing Yourself Against The Wall is a sample based song and the fifth track on the album. The main theme of the song is a choral version of Pachelbel's Canon in D and it features samples from various movies as well. Salazar usually plants this song in the middle of hisset as a song to cool down dancers. This song is one of his older songs as he wrote it during his senior year of high school. He said "I played this in a house show once and then I just forgot about it. But while I was tracking the album I found this one and I remember how awesome it was so I started playing it for sets and I put it on the album."

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

thanks 3 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#7 Posted : 08 December 2014 13:52:02(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: It Only Gets Worse From Here
Length: 4:00
Single Release Date: December 8th

The second single off of (Re)Start Codon is a re-done version of Jeremy Salazar's first released song "It Only Gets Worse From Here." He first released the song in mid 2014 and it only achieved small popularity. The song has been rewritten with new lyrics and a different production style. Salazar quoted "I hope that this does better than the first single, it sort of flopped on the charts." He plans on releasing one more single on the album as well.

Lyrics:

It only gets worse from here
Just burn your records and your feet
And whistle like you did nothing wrong
When the fire starts to burn

So cut yourself off from the world
and lock yourself in your room
and board up your windows

So stick your head back in the oven

Sounds like:

Chart Positions:

Hot Digital Songs Chart: #15

Edited by user 27 December 2014 05:05:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

snap_itshannah on 08/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 09/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#8 Posted : 15 December 2014 12:02:10(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: Too Far Gone
Length: 2:46

Too Far Gone is the intermission of the album. It's a slow two minute song that uses string and piano samples and Jeremy's gloomy voice to sing. Salazar quotes that "I wrote this song about the first time I took acid and I was alone and everyone seemed so far and I was too far gone from reality to ever see them again." It's one of the songs Salazar doesn't play because the tempo is too slow and it would "bore" his dancers.

Lyrics:

Too far gone from you tonight
The Sun is setting
Into the end of time
Tomorrow promises another day
But my world is too far gone for that

I told someone a song I wrote for you
Stolen from songs I heard in my dreams
I told someone I hated you

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

erich hess on 15/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#9 Posted : 27 December 2014 05:04:35(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: The Only Thing You Can Do Is Set Yourself Ablaze
Length: 7:01
Genre: Downtempo IDM

After a long delay, Jeremy Salazar has released the eighth track of his album. The delays were set in motion by Salazar who found himself going through some emotional rough patches and felt like he just couldn't release any tracks during the emotional rough patch. Salazar quotes that "It's so hard to tour during the holiday season and I'm just feeling so shitty because I literally left everything back home and I'm just so far away from my family. It's hard, ya know?" During the delay, Salazar did take the time to revamp his song and make it a longer and better song. The song starts with a quiet detuned synth lead intro and as it fades out, it takes a faster tempo with dissonant bass chords and then drums kick in. The song stays in this downtempo bass jam for the rest of the song. Salazar quotes "I usually close with this song because it reminds me of coming down from this great high too quickly. That's just a personal thing but I do feel like it fits very well."

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

snap_itshannah on 27/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#10 Posted : 29 December 2014 06:41:11(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: (Re)Start Codon
Length: 4:18
Genre: EDM

(Re)Start Codon is the title track of My Own Violence's debut album. It's a fast EDM song that debuted during Salazar's VMA set which was one of the best received songs at the show. It starts out with detuned chords which then goes into a build up of the chorus. It repeats the chorus and it goes into a bridge which then follows the detuned chords again as the song ends.

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

snap_itshannah on 29/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#11 Posted : 30 December 2014 07:46:35(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Title: Reprise
Length: 4:34

Reprise is the final track on (Re)Start Codon which was originally meant as a secret track but fans peaked an interest in it after playing it live as a comedown song for raves. Salazar has been playing it as an encore song for his sets on tour and he occasionally plays it as an opener before he plays (Re)Start Codon. It features detuned and distant piano chords followed by layers of various synths.

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

thanks 2 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/01/2015(UTC)
Offline chiliwilly  
#12 Posted : 05 January 2015 16:51:09(UTC)
chiliwilly

Man
United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Chilly Willy: nice shit ya got there. wanna do a split with good ol' bo billy? here's my shit:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Hqfkr2mWAM
Chili Willy's Soup Kitchen Recs

UserPostedImage

That's me!

Roster:
Satanic Sex
Offline freestylechamp  
#13 Posted : 06 January 2015 14:51:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Christal: I hear about you from a tour and first I was sure it was going to be bad. I mean you are in a hip hop? Can you even call that a hip hop tour? What I'm trying to say is this wasn't bad it is actually pretty good. Just stick to your own genre please.

OOC: This was good, I didn't know what these songs would sound like but it isn't bad. So good job on this.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Clampdown on 06/01/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 12 January 2015 06:33:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Nova: Now I'm not familiar with Breakcore but it sounds kinda lovely. I think it's definitely beyond anything being put out in the industry right now but I also think that's a good thing. I might have to go to one of your shows to get the full live experience.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Clampdown on 12/01/2015(UTC)