logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RyanFitzmagic  
#1 Posted : 11 December 2019 10:41:05(UTC)
RyanFitzmagic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 11 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Rise to Fight is an American Heavy Metal band formed early 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The group mainly consisted of five members while they performed in the northeast region, but have recently announced the addition of Christine Aktor. Rise to Fight is influenced by many major metal names including, but not limited to, Hatebreed, Slayer and Metallica.

Around the same time Christine Aktor joined, Rise to Fight signed with small-time record label Virtus Records. Their first single, 'Push' was released on December 14, 2019 and debuted at #2 on worldwide charts behind Weekend's 'Hard'. They are currently working on their debut album and plan to release it in early 2020.

Members

Leonard Hawkins Junior (Lead Vocals): Born December 3, 1988 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania the son of Leonard Hawkins Senior and Jessica Hawkins, Leonard is one of the founding members of Rise to Fight along with Lead Guitarist Daryl Segura and Drummer Robert Roman. Leonard and Robert are lifelong friends and worked in the same factory when they were convinced by Daryl to begin performing at local clubs after being laid off. It wasn't the first time Leonard played in clubs, having been the vocalist for a band called 'Next' in 2008, but stopped performing in 2010. Leonard cites Metallica as his favorite band and says a lot of Next's performances took a lot of inspiration from them. Leonard married Sandra Antonio in 2012 and has a five year old son named Dustin.

Christine Aktor (Vocals, Substitute Guitar): Real name Christina Kaminski. Born November 20, 1996 in Krosno, Poland to Cerek and Tesia Kaminski. Christine's family moved to the States only a few months after she was born, settling in Hoboken, New Jersey. Aktor began using her stage name at 14 years old, referring to herself by the name in her YouTube videos, which never gained a lot of steam. In the summer of 2012 Aktor began performing live shows in front of small crowds, taking whatever she could get to try and get her name out there. After graduating school in 2014, Aktor began performing year-round, working in various part-time jobs to support herself while she did so. In 2017 she began touring outside of New Jersey, working as an opening act for other bands and building her reputation as a heavy metal vocalist and guitarist. In June 2019, she substituted for Daryl Segura in a Rise to Fight show after he wrecked on the way to the performance. Rise to Fight brought her back in August where she served as backing vocals to Leonard, being officially added to the band a couple weeks ago.

Daryl Segura (Lead Guitar): Born October 30, 1995 in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to Darron and Laura Segura, Daryl is one of the founding members of Rise to Fight after convincing Leonard Hawkins Junior and Robert Roman to go on performances with him after they were laid off from their jobs. Daryl always had a passion for performing but never made it out of his garage. Meeting Leonard and Robert at a concert in 2017, he kept in touch with the two and even played songs with them, though not in front of audiences. Daryl dropped out of the University of Pittsburgh in 2018 and put his full focus on forming up a band, contacting Leonard and Robert shortly after to begin performing.

Derek Lloyd (Guitar): Born May 28, 1989 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Marcus and Rebecca Lloyd, Derek served as the Guitarist for local band 'Next' from 2008 to 2010 before enlisting in the US Marines. Lloyd served two tours in Afghanistan during his time in service, working his way to Staff Sergeant and returning home for good in 2018. In 2019, Lloyd was contacted by old bandmate Leonard Hawkins Junior about joining Rise to Fight as a second guitarist, which Lloyd swiftly accepted.

Seth Arendo (Bass): Born August 21, 1977 in Las Vegas, Nevada to Matthew and Alexa Arendo, Seth is like the journeyman of music, hopping from band to band every few years since he joined his first band in 1995. In most cases, the bands either just couldn't break through to the next level or some form of personal issues kept them from continuing on. Seth didn't give up, because he really seen no reason to. He enjoys the life of traveling from place to place to perform, and eventually worked his way to the east coast in 2010. After going to some of Rise to Fight's shows and noticing they had a different bassist each time, he reached out to them about taking him as their permanent bassist, which they accepted.

Robert Roman (Drums): Born October 7, 1988 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Albert and Clarissa Roman, Robert is the lifelong friend of Leonard Hawkins Junior and one of the founding members of Rise to Fight. Roman occasionally performed for Leonard's previous band, 'Next', but refused to join it full time due to his commitments at school, as he was going to the University of Pittsburgh for Economics. Despite successfully receiving his Bachelor's in Economics in 2013, Robert was never able to find a job in the field and ended up working at the same factory as Leonard, helping form Rise to Fight after being laid off.

Discography

Singles
Push (2:39) - Released 12/14/19 - Reached #2 on Airplay Charts

Edited by user 25 January 2020 23:38:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked RyanFitzmagic for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/12/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 11/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2019(UTC)
Offline RyanFitzmagic  
#2 Posted : 15 December 2019 00:37:59(UTC)
RyanFitzmagic

UserPostedImage

Song Name: Push
Band: Rise to Fight
Released: December 14, 2019
Genre: Hard Rock
Length: 2:39
Writers: Daryl Segura, Robert Roman
Label: Virtus Records

Push is the debut single from the Pittsburgh based band Rise to Fight and serves as their first official release in any platform. The song was written by lead guitarist Daryl Segura and drummer Robert Roman, and has been performed at shows since August. According to lead vocalist Leonard Hawkins Jr, its popularity at local shows is what inspired the band to release it as their first single, but delayed the release due to adjustments to the song.

In the original song, Leonard was responsible for all the vocals, but the song was changed around in recent weeks to feature fellow vocalist Christine Aktor and give the song, in the words of Leonard, 'A more back and forth feel'. The song features the heavy thrash metal attitude that launched their local popularity, mixed with slower, melodic periods to drive in the emotion of the song.

"This isn't a headbanging, circle pit get your fucking head bloody song. Trust me, we'll have enough of those on EP. We wanted to try to show a little of our versatility here." Leonard explained prior to the release. "That doesn't mean there isn't heavy elements in it. We do have the heavy shit in there too. All in all, we're hoping its the song people can rock out too but also come away with an understanding from that song. If that makes any fucking sense. It probably doesn't just ignore me I'm talking out of my ass. Hear the song and judge for yourself."

The tone of the song starts out very melodically, with Leonard displaying his softer deep voice prior to the heavy, thrashing period he and Aktor do in the center of the song. The next two verses return to that softer tone before a short instrumental provided by Daryl Segura, Seth Arendo and Derek Lloyd. In the final three verses, Leonard takes on an upbeat, almost celebratory tone, returning to his soft tone for the very last line of the song.

Song Key
Leonard Hawkins Jr Vocals
Christine Aktor Vocals
Heavy/Screaming vocals

Can you hear me?
Do you even care?
I try to reach out.
But it’s like nobody’s there.

I want to help you
But I don’t know what to say
Cause when I get close
You push me away

Push!

Stuck in self-loathing
Stuck in your lonely life
I try to reach you
Try to pull you from this strife

I want to help you
But I don’t know what to say
Cause when I get close
You push me AWAYYY

Push!
Push!
Push!
Push!

You judge my reasons
You act like I don’t care!
You try to tell me
What is right and what is fair!

But. Know. This
I struggle everyday!
You are forcing me
To push you AWAYY!

Push!
Push!
Push!
Push!

I hope they know I wanted to help you
I hope someday they understand
Truly how much I loved you
Truly how much I cared

But it’s okay, we’ll see each other soon.
But it’s okay, we’ll be together soon.

Ladies and gentlemen
We are gathered here today
To celebrate the lost!
To celebrate the hate!

Words unspoken
That is such a shame
They stayed silent
And pushed each other away!

No time left to save it
No time left to fight!
No time left to realize
In a way, both were right.

((OOC: Unfortunately I can't think of an exact rhythm this copies to compare with a video, but the instrumentals have like a groove metal Five Finger Death Punch vibe to them if that makes any sense))
thanks 4 users thanked RyanFitzmagic for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/12/2019(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/12/2019(UTC)
Offline RyanFitzmagic  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2019 04:55:39(UTC)
RyanFitzmagic

Rise to Fight Plans Album Release

The Pittsburgh based heavy metal band Rise to Fight has announced they will be releasing their debut album sometime in early 2020, abandoning the idea of an EP and instead going for the full album.

"We have a lot of ideas. You've heard our song Push and we can't wait to see how it fares in the charts, but we have more than that." Lead vocalist and band spokesperson, Leonard Hawkins Jr explained. "We don't want to cut it short with an EP. We're in a position right now where I think we can pump out 12 good tracks and show people what we're all about. We already have Push and we have another song for the album ready. We're ready to just go in there and get it done."

As for a precise date, Leonard did not reveal that, saying the band was just going with the flow right now and early 2020 was just an estimate.

"Shit happens man. Things pop up. We're not going to give an exact date and then whiff on the release until we have everything ready and know we can release it on time. Who the fuck wants their first album to start on a fuck-up?"

Rise to Fight will spend the coming weeks and months finishing up their recording, planning to go on tour after the release of their debut album, which will be named 'We Interrupt This Program'.
thanks 1 user thanked RyanFitzmagic for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/12/2019(UTC)