logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Lepelbos  
#21 Posted : 15 July 2009 13:15:47(UTC)
Lepelbos

Groups: Registered

Gemma375* wrote:
I don't think they rip off the beatles at all. The beatles were over rated IMO, were pretty much purely pop and a lot of the songs sounded similar. I think Oasis' songs are a LOT more interesting, a lot more different to each other and I like the attitude. They don't need anything to make a good live show, they just have to play their songs because they do have an amazing back catalogue.
I saw them Thursday night and, whilst they're not my favourite band or favourite to see live, they were very, very good and do have a lot of charisma. Not many people can hold my attention for 2 hours by just standing still on stage, but they do.
My favourite songs are probably 'Don't Look Back in Anger', 'Some Might Say', 'Wonderwall', 'Digsy's Dinner', 'Married with Children', 'Little By Little', 'Roll With It', 'The Masterplan', 'Morning Glory', 'The Importance of Being Idle'... there really are so many. A lot of people say all of their songs sound the same but, in my experience, they are the people that have only heard 3 or 4 of their songs!

Without The Beatles there would be no Oasis. Period. Oasis made just one interesting album, for the rest they just repeated themselves.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sav  
#22 Posted : 15 July 2009 13:50:08(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Gemma375* wrote:
I don't think they rip off the beatles at all. The beatles were over rated IMO, were pretty much purely pop and a lot of the songs sounded similar. I think Oasis' songs are a LOT more interesting, a lot more different to each other and I like the attitude. They don't need anything to make a good live show, they just have to play their songs because they do have an amazing back catalogue.
I saw them Thursday night and, whilst they're not my favourite band or favourite to see live, they were very, very good and do have a lot of charisma. Not many people can hold my attention for 2 hours by just standing still on stage, but they do.
My favourite songs are probably 'Don't Look Back in Anger', 'Some Might Say', 'Wonderwall', 'Digsy's Dinner', 'Married with Children', 'Little By Little', 'Roll With It', 'The Masterplan', 'Morning Glory', 'The Importance of Being Idle'... there really are so many. A lot of people say all of their songs sound the same but, in my experience, they are the people that have only heard 3 or 4 of their songs!

oh. my. god.
the beatles over rated? all songs sounding similar? oasis songs interesting and different to each other? well, you're getting it pretty wrong.
i bet you haven't heard the best things the beatles did, like revolver (one of the best albums ever), abbey road, sgt. pepper's, magical mystery tour... if there's something that the beatles never did, at least in those albums, is repeating themselves, something that oasis do. i mean, oasis steal other people and also steal themselves! but you said that because you never heard the real good beatles albums (thought i love them all).
take one day to listen to revolver and if you listen to it less than twice in a day, i'll eat my shit.
Offline The Nimrods  
#23 Posted : 15 July 2009 13:52:05(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
sav wrote:
Gemma375* wrote:

oh. my. god.
the beatles over rated? all songs sounding similar? oasis songs interesting and different to each other? well, you're getting it pretty wrong.
i bet you haven't heard the best things the beatles did, like revolver (one of the best albums ever), abbey road, sgt. pepper's, magical mystery tour... if there's something that the beatles never did, at least in those albums, is repeating themselves, something that oasis do. i mean, oasis steal other people and also steal themselves! but you said that because you never heard the real good beatles albums (thought i love them all).
take one day to listen to revolver and if you listen to it less than twice in a day, i'll eat my shit.

The Beatles are EXTREMELY overrated but amazing musicians nonetheless.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline rihajarvi  
#24 Posted : 15 July 2009 16:36:23(UTC)
rihajarvi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
FUCK, could people just drop this oasis-beatles thing? it's as stupid as the blur rivalry. unless you're living in -- what, 1994? -- there is no reason to bring it up at all. i'm sure i'm not to only one to firmly believe that basing arguments on fifteen year old music magazine quotes amounts to the stuff one can expect to see in a youtube commentary field.

let's settle the score: oasis are nowhere as good/talented/innovative as the beatles; in fact, they're not even bald enough to shine their shoes. everyone happy?
or maybe not
Offline Bruce Ballbreaker  
#25 Posted : 15 July 2009 19:28:47(UTC)
Bruce Ballbreaker

Man

Beatles are very overrated for me, and thats coming from somebody with a scouse family :P The Rolling Stones where much better as where Led Zepellin, thats why I don't get all this Beatles are the best band stuff, suppose its what you are into
UserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#26 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:31:37(UTC)
cam

The Nimrods wrote:
sav wrote:
Gemma375* wrote:

oh. my. god.

The Beatles are EXTREMELY overrated but amazing musicians nonetheless.

See, I'd say that much like Bob Dylan, The Beatles were amazing song writers more so than great musicians. I mean I'd never call Ringo Starr the greatest drummer to come from England, hell from the same time period you have Ginger Baker in Cream, John Bonham, etc.

The Beatles just wrote sublime pop songs.

And I can say that outwith a few moments, (Satisfaction, Can't Always Get What You Want, Sweet Virginia) I largely don't get The Rolling Stones.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Pg_Tips  
#27 Posted : 15 July 2009 20:46:00(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

oasis are very very very over rated.... but then again so are the beatles.
Opinions are fun aren't they? everyone can shout what they think at the top of their voices and not be wrong, because in their mind they are right (which is why its opinion not fact).

anyway we all know the best band in the oasis genre is clearly halfman-halfbiscuit

/end
*may have anger issues... be carefull*

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#28 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:00:28(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I don't really go in for what most people call "classic rock", my classics are King Crimson, Yes, Pink Floyd, Zappa, Caravan, Camel, Gong, Henry Cow, Rush. For some reason Zeppelin, the Stones and the Beatles are big bands that it's just assumed you must love if you're a rock fan. I don't hate them, I just don't care about them, for the most part. The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles album there ever was.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Pg_Tips  
#29 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:09:33(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
I don't really go in for what most people call "classic rock", my classics are King Crimson, Yes, Pink Floyd, Zappa, Caravan, Camel, Gong, Henry Cow, Rush. For some reason Zeppelin, the Stones and the Beatles are big bands that it's just assumed you must love if you're a rock fan. I don't hate them, I just don't care about them, for the most part. The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles album there ever was.

despite your dubious taste in music regarding Haddaway, Sir i agree.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#30 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:24:59(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Pg_Tips wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

despite your dubious taste in music regarding Haddaway, Sir i agree.

I don't actually like Haddaway, I'm just aware of the song.
Offline Pg_Tips  
#31 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:27:20(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

scarily aware of the song... and the way you made a slight conection between a topic title and a Haddaway song implies to me that you might possibly be the biggest fan ever.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#32 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:41:29(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Pg_Tips wrote:
scarily aware of the song... and the way you made a slight conection between a topic title and a Haddaway song implies to me that you might possibly be the biggest fan ever.

I'm aware of it because I've spent more than 10 minutes on the internet.
Offline Pg_Tips  
#33 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:52:48(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

so within being online for ten minutes, every single person gets Haddaway forced down their throats....

interesting.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#34 Posted : 15 July 2009 21:56:41(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Pg_Tips wrote:
so within being online for ten minutes, every single person gets Haddaway forced down their throats....

interesting.

No, after 10 minutes. The first 10 minutes consist of repeated rickrolls.
Offline Pg_Tips  
#35 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:01:20(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

damn that rick rolling madman

UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#36 Posted : 15 July 2009 22:36:35(UTC)
Lepelbos

I have 3 albums of Oasis in my collection. (What's The Story) Morning Glory is a good album. With at least 6 good songs on it. I like that one. But Be Here Now and Definitely Maybe are just average. But to be honest i lost interest in them. Liam and Noel were so damn arrogant, they really thought they were the new Lennon/McCartney. But they werent.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#37 Posted : 16 July 2009 02:47:55(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I dont get the whole bland thing, how can you call Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger or Morning Glory bland?

Plus, I like their attitude and thier arrogance, it showed at Wembley like a sore thumb but it was a nice sore thumb :)
Offline Gildermershina  
#38 Posted : 16 July 2009 04:25:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Aj wrote:
I dont get the whole bland thing, how can you call Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger or Morning Glory bland?

Well, they're not that exciting rhythmically, harmonically, even melodically. Catchy pop tunes. Also, Wonderwall stole it's verse hook line and its melody from Pink Floyd's "Vera".
Offline Chimp Records  
#39 Posted : 16 July 2009 10:51:57(UTC)
Chimp Records

Gildermershina wrote:
Aj wrote:

Well, they're not that exciting rhythmically, harmonically, even melodically. Catchy pop tunes. Also, Wonderwall stole it's verse hook line and its melody from Pink Floyd's "Vera".

And Green Day copied Wonderwall for their song Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds

Offline Chimp Records  
#40 Posted : 16 July 2009 10:53:53(UTC)
Chimp Records

Aj wrote:

Just wanted to post this to get your opinions, do you think it sounds better or worse?

I think Liam was better on Lyla, but overall, I think Noel is a better singer.
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds