logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#21 Posted : 22 June 2009 02:50:26(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
I wish I could have albums with less than 10 songs.

lol I also wish we could release EPs

Yes, but I meant full-lengths with less than 10 songs. It's hard to balance it right, but I don't really listen to a lot of albums that have as many as ten songs.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#22 Posted : 22 June 2009 03:09:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Yes, but I meant full-lengths with less than 10 songs. It's hard to balance it right, but I don't really listen to a lot of albums that have as many as ten songs.

An "Album" with less than 10 song wouldn't be an album to me. More like an EP.
Offline bikz  
#23 Posted : 22 June 2009 03:13:37(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Oh lmao, I was like I don't think thats a word.

It isn't. I made it up, one of my many words which start with, or contain, "Mouj". :P
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#24 Posted : 22 June 2009 03:15:51(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:

It could be, if the band says it is. Must say, I get bored of the old 3-song 10-song, but meh, the priority in the game now is ironing out the bugs, not coming up with new bits.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Chimp Records  
#25 Posted : 22 June 2009 03:15:59(UTC)
Chimp Records

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

It doesn't on the amount of songs for it to be an LP or an EP or even single. It depends on length. A single is about 10 mins, EPs are between 10-25 minutes. LPs are 25-80 minutes.
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds

Offline xNightsidex  
#26 Posted : 22 June 2009 04:21:35(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

It would depend how long the songs are.
#27 Posted : 22 June 2009 08:56:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Yeah a song can have 6 songs that are 10 minutes long, but the whole concept of an album is to brings many ideas together and having 5-6 songs just doesn't cut it for me to call it an album. Not only that an album with less than 10 songs doesn't appeal to a buyer, why do you think EP's sell less than Albums.
Offline sav  
#28 Posted : 22 June 2009 09:08:10(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Yeah a song can have 6 songs that are 10 minutes long, but the whole concept of an album is to brings many ideas together and having 5-6 songs just doesn't cut it for me to call it an album. Not only that an album with less than 10 songs doesn't appeal to a buyer, why do you think EP's sell less than Albums.

oh my god girl you're sick. how can you say something like that? the shit you listen doesn't even has a concept or an idea, so why are you saying something like that? john coltrane's "blue train" has seven songs and it's one of the best albums i've ever heard, and i'm sure i listened to a lot more of things than you have. think of what you said, really. what you said is sick. sick. what do you know about what the concept of an album means? have you heard enough music to know what an album means? i'm not saying i have the absolutely truth, but you are offside. an album with two twenty-minute-long songs can have a LOT more of ideas and concepts than an album with thirteen three-minute-long songs.

and, by the way, who cares on what sells more? it's about making music, not money. i don't blame you for listening to commercial music, but just don't say something like that ever again.
Offline Gildermershina  
#29 Posted : 22 June 2009 09:45:31(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

stephaniewazhere wrote:

One of my favourite albums has one 30 minute track on it. Another one has four tracks that make up four parts of one 70 minute song.
Offline The Nimrods  
#30 Posted : 22 June 2009 09:53:47(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

An EP isn't about the number of songs it's about the length.For example, Opeth's album watershed is 55 minutes and has 8 songs,m their album Orchid has 7 songs and is 65 minutes.Green Day's album 21st century breakdown has 69 minutes and 18 songs.Plus the Ramone's self itled album was like half an hour and had like 25 songs.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Gildermershina  
#31 Posted : 22 June 2009 10:02:56(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

An EP isn't about the number of songs it's about the length.For example, Opeth's album watershed is 55 minutes and has 8 songs,m their album Orchid has 7 songs and is 65 minutes.Green Day's album 21st century breakdown has 69 minutes and 18 songs.Plus the Ramone's self itled album was like half an hour and had like 25 songs.

Or Plague Landscapes by The Locust, 23 tracks, in 21 minutes.
#32 Posted : 22 June 2009 14:24:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sav wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

oh my god girl you're sick. how can you say something like that? the shit you listen doesn't even has a concept or an idea, so why are you saying something like that? john coltrane's "blue train" has seven songs and it's one of the best albums i've ever heard, and i'm sure i listened to a lot more of things than you have. think of what you said, really. what you said is sick. sick. what do you know about what the concept of an album means? have you heard enough music to know what an album means? i'm not saying i have the absolutely truth, but you are offside. an album with two twenty-minute-long songs can have a LOT more of ideas and concepts than an album with thirteen three-minute-long songs.

and, by the way, who cares on what sells more? it's about making music, not money. i don't blame you for listening to commercial music, but just don't say something like that ever again.

Listen you fuck head. First of all the music you listen to is sick, The music I listen isn't commercial for your information and if it is commercial it does't mean it wont have meaning. The music you listen to is sick in the head to me and has no meaning, just like the way you think of my music. For your information no one here knows music 100%. I do love pop and I have claimed that pop is the best genre but that doesn't mean I only listen to pop you twat that's the persona I have set in this forum. Shut the fuck up because you have no fucking clue of what the fuck your fucking talking about you fuck head. You have listened to a lot more things than I have? I have more of an understaning of life than you will ever have. To prove it to you I'm going to tell you my personal life, my dad died of liver cancer and when I was a teenager I moved to the US and almost every week I had to move from house to house. People will make fun of my English and I would have to deal with it. I first I couldn't defend myself because Im didn't know any english. I was fucking raped. I was raped by my uncle. I had to take care of all my brothers and sisters, cook for them, help them with the homework. You may have "listened to a lot of stuff" but I have expirienced the fucked up shit you have heard and haven't heard of yet. I usually don't talk about my personal life because people don't ever believe me. But all that is the past and I've decided to be a better person than my mom ever was. Now im not writing this for you to feel pitty for me Im writing this to open your eyes and realize the world doesn't revolve around your ideas and the way you think. So there you go now you know bitch think before you write asshole. The reson why I love pop music so much is because I always had this thing with Glamoure and living life good. Pop music was the only way I could release my strees thorugh dancing and singing about postive or fun things. And I don't care of what you think of pop music, because me, girlspice, troymazing an many more think it is music, because as long as it has notes it is considered music you dumb ass.
Don't you ever go there with me again boy.

Anyway Back on topic:
A "CD" that doesnt have 10 songs or more is not considered an album to me no matter how long the songs are. I think a song shoiuldnlt be any longer than 6 minutes anyway, whats the point of having a 22 minute song. Its a song not audiotape about the harry potter series. ( just my opinion) You have your I have mine, I was just sharing it.

Ok don't give me that bullshit that music isn't about money. It has lots to do with money, a whole lot. In order to produce music you need a studio, in order to work with big time producers you need money. You always going to want a little something in your bank. If music wasn't about money than everyone would be famous.
Now I'm not saying you need big cash to make good music, but the whole Idea of making it big is for fame wheter you know it or not.

Now, I would like to say thank you SAV for being ignorant and I'm going to warn you don't go there with ME again asshole.

and by the way SAV your not going to put me down I will be the best I can be and It is getting me far. Almost done with college and I will be sucessful andI'm glad you hate pop music because Its going to be everywhere around you, your going to live your life miserably.

Edited by user 22 June 2009 14:31:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matt Tuck  
#33 Posted : 22 June 2009 14:39:20(UTC)
Matt Tuck

...:)
Offline troymazing  
#34 Posted : 22 June 2009 14:47:35(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sav wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Listen you fuck head. First of all the music you listen to is sick, The music I listen isn't commercial for your information and if it is commercial it does't mean it wont have meaning. The music you listen to is sick in the head to me and has no meaning, just like the way you think of my music. For your information no one here knows music 100%. I do love pop and I have claimed that pop is the best genre but that doesn't mean I only listen to pop you twat that's the persona I have set in this forum. Shut the fuck up because you have no fucking clue of what the fuck your fucking talking about you fuck head. You have listened to a lot more things than I have? I have more of an understaning of life than you will ever have. To prove it to you I'm going to tell you my personal life, my dad died of liver cancer and when I was a teenager I moved to the US and almost every week I had to move from house to house. People will make fun of my English and I would have to deal with it. I first I couldn't defend myself because Im didn't know any english. I was fucking raped. I was raped by my uncle. I had to take care of all my brothers and sisters, cook for them, help them with the homework. You may have "listened to a lot of stuff" but I have expirienced the fucked up shit you have heard and haven't heard of yet. I usually don't talk about my personal life because people don't ever believe me. But all that is the past and I've decided to be a better person than my mom ever was. Now im not writing this for you to feel pitty for me Im writing this to open your eyes and realize the world doesn't revolve around your ideas and the way you think. So there you go now you know bitch think before you write asshole. The reson why I love pop music so much is because I always had this thing with Glamoure and living life good. Pop music was the only way I could release my strees thorugh dancing and singing about postive or fun things. And I don't care of what you think of pop music, because me, girlspice, troymazing an many more think it is music, because as long as it has notes it is considered music you dumb ass.

Anyway Back on topic:
A "CD" that doesnt have 10 songs or more is not considered an album to me no matter how long the songs are. I think a song shoiuldnlt be any longer than 6 minutes anyway, whats the point of having a 22 minute song. Its a song not audiotape about the harry potter series. ( just my opinion) You have your I have mine, I was just sharing it.

Ok don't give me that bullshit that music isn't about money. It has lots to do with money, a whole lot. In order to produce music you need a studio, in order to work with big time producers you need money. You always going to want a little something in your bank. If music wasn't about money than everyone would be famous.
Now I'm not saying you need big cash to make good music, but the whole Idea of making it big is for fame wheter you know it or not.

Now, I would like to say thank you SAV for being ignorant and I'm going to warn you don't go there with ME again asshole.

and by the way SAV your not going to put me down I will be the best I can be and It is getting me far. Almost done with college and I will be sucessful andI'm glad you hate pop music because Its going to be everywhere around you, your going to live your life miserably.

You really discredit your entire argument after you use the F word a certain amount of times. sav wasn't even being totally mean, just trying to get a point across. You blew up for nothing...
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline Matt Tuck  
#35 Posted : 22 June 2009 14:50:22(UTC)
Matt Tuck

when is the next metal tour?
Offline PANIC!  
#36 Posted : 22 June 2009 14:57:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sav wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Anyway Back on topic:

WOW! You take things way out of proportion, sav wasn't saying anything to offend you he was just making his point.
UserPostedImage
Offline sav  
#37 Posted : 22 June 2009 15:07:43(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
thank you both for getting the point; either way, i have already sent a pm to stephanie because i didn't want to fill another thread with discussions, just to get my messages deleted.
i apologise for bothering the thread.
Offline DimebagDarrell  
#38 Posted : 22 June 2009 15:38:01(UTC)
DimebagDarrell

Man

hey uhh....
whens the next metal tour?does anybody know?
UserPostedImage

"FOREVER STRONGER THAN ALL" - Pantera
left to right--->
Vinnie Paul Abbott-Drums
Phil Anselmo-Vocals
Rex Brown-Bass
"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott-Guitar
Offline old.gregg  
#39 Posted : 22 June 2009 17:17:18(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
DimebagDarrell wrote:
hey uhh....

Do you read a thread before you post, or just post what you want anywhere?

Start a topic about your band in the Roleplay forum, and you might get a better response.
-Old.Gregg
-
Offline DimebagDarrell  
#40 Posted : 23 June 2009 02:22:55(UTC)
DimebagDarrell

Man

old.gregg wrote:
DimebagDarrell wrote:
hey uhh....

Do you read a thread before you post, or just post what you want anywhere?

Start a topic about your band in the Roleplay forum, and you might get a better response.
-Old.Gregg

Thank you...
but how do i start new posts?
UserPostedImage

"FOREVER STRONGER THAN ALL" - Pantera
left to right--->
Vinnie Paul Abbott-Drums
Phil Anselmo-Vocals
Rex Brown-Bass
"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott-Guitar