logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2020 02:12:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Name: "New Thang"
Album: Easy Access
Recorded: Summer 2020
Writer/Composer: Silver Spoons
Producer: Daniel The Freenerd, Silver Spoons (co-producer)
Length: 5:33
Genres: R&B, Soul, Funk
Release: June 20, 2020
Record Label: Studio 60

UserPostedImage

Official Artwork

"New Thang" is a promotional single off Silver Spoon's 8th studio album "Easy Access" set to be released on September 6, 2020 under Studio 60. The song's sound is a departure from Spoon's very prominent country sound that he's had since his music debut "Country Swagger" and marks a debut as Spoons first non-country song. The song is also the first single to be released by Spoons in 8 years making it the longest Spoons has gone without releasing new music. The song was written by solely written by Silver Spoons in late June at Spoons's home in Nashville, Tennessee but recorded in at a private recording studio in Miami with producer Daniel The Freenerd. A music video will be filmed for the song at the end of June and the music video will be directed by Dave Meyers.

Writing

The song's lyrics talk about the introduction of a new love and the special feelings you get over someone in the early stages of a relationship. The song also talks about the feelings of attachment he has over the person that he's in love with and what he describes as a healthy obsession that he has over the person. In the song Spoons boasts about the new found confidence he has over being an older and more experinced guy and how it translates in his new relationship. Taking a dig at the critics that assume he's older and has no game. The song also contains a rap-sung like verse from Spoons which also marks Spoons debut as a rapper.

"There are so many layers to thing song both lyrically and sonically. Lyrically its very obvious that I wrote this song about David. We are still fresh and new in our relationship but the feeling we have towards one another is so strong. The feeling that I have for him are unreal and I just never felt that way about anyone I've ever been with. It's in a way like a healthy obsession. You just want to be around the person all the time but we are both rock stars and that's kind of impossible. However, I'm ok with that because when we do see one another it's a passionate love fest that erupts. Kind of like this song. Lyrically I feel like that this song contains this kind of swag that I feel everyone can relate to. It's feel good in a sense."

Production and Mixing

Sonically the song dives into the genres of Soul, Funk and R&B including rap-sung verse that while is very short showcases a new side of Spoons people haven't heard before. The song starts off with a heavy low pitched voice coming from Daniel doing a countdown and Spoons is heard singing with confidence with some autotune infused slightly into his voice that eventually fades out throughout the song to create a funky effect. The song's beat is followed by a funky guitar and bass that is prominent throughout the song. Spoons is heard singing with higher pitched vocals than people are used to hearing from him to cater to the R&B genre R&B music listeners love. Pre choruses in the song are rap-sung introducing a new singing style for Spoons. Horns are often heard joined on the production specifically during the choruses of the song. During the bridge a harp is heard playing softly as Spoons moans his love softly as he sings. This section of the song leads to the short rap verse from Spoons which is the followed by his rap sung style heard earlier in the song. The song slowly goes back to to its normal as the low pitched voice is heard saying a verse that the listener wont be able to make out. The song ends with an unusual sound trickling down as the song ends and fades out.

"I thing the hard part for me was stepping back from country music culture and just sort of reinvent myself with this sound. I don't feel like this a brand new me; I feel like this is just a side of me you've never heard or seen before and that's what makes it scary for me. I've always listened to R&B/Soul music but I've never ever done music that shows that. It's like opening up a layer to me that I've never shown. While its scary it is also exciting. I never sung a song with so much passion before and I started to hit notes I didn't even know I could hit. I also had to step outside of my comfort zone a little when I did the quick rap verse that I threw in there.".

Words from The Producer; Daniel The Free Nerd

"I definitely wanted to challenge Silver Spoons to go out of his comfort zone a little bit and show sides of him that people never have seen both vocally and musically. What I love about this song is that it has a lot of substance. We are drawing inspirations from Marvin Gaye and also from the current sound in R&B which has evolved greatly just over the past 5 years. Having a live band playing is always a feel good move for R&B because you get the sense of music from a raw perspective and I feel like we need to keep that alive. R&B has gone so electronic nowadays that I feel like having an oddball track like this play from time to time does radio really good, at least for R&B music."

Official Lyrics

"AH! Yeah!
you got me having hard time saying goodbye
after making love to ya, then you go out leaving me dry
flashbacks of you got me all fucked up in the head
still smelling the scent of you left on my bed
still thinking about the last words you said
is it soon to call you my boo
I'm star-struck by the way you move
got everyone calling me a fool
but the way I feel for you
ain't nothing I ever felt and that true ooh ooh

Can't shake this feeling off ah you
trembling, butterflies in the cut cause of ya
swagger so sick got me thinking i got the flu (ooh ooh)
it's all because im stuck to ya like glue

baby It's a new thang
the way you got me feeling about ya
it's a new thang
don't even know to express it
but it's a new thang baby
baby It's a new thang
it's a new thang

Ooooh
oooooooh I see you posted up on the gram
replaying your voicemails cause you are the jam
oooh the way you got making up my mind
I know a man like me is hard to find but you got me on lock,
no other man has a key to a door that wont open
no matter how hard they knock

baby It's a new thang
it's a new thang
baby It's a new thang
it's a new thang

cause none of these fuck boys got nothing on you
grown man swagga baby
it's a new thang
like it the way my "OOOH" swang
lets pick it up now
cause none of these fuck...
fuck boys baby
ain't got nothing on you
cause baby you're my new thang
ooooh a little of the old me
and i little of the new me
switch it up
baby I'll show you oceans you ain't ever seen
take you to continents you ain't ever been
had some haters trying to evict me
little did they know it didn't affect me
now im getting bookings left and right over the phone
better watch your tone before i come for the throne

baby It's a new thang
it's a new thang
baby It's a new thang
it's a new thang
but it's a new thang baby"

Sounds like:

Edited by user 01 August 2020 01:34:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 20/06/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 20/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/06/2020(UTC), FiveT on 20/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/06/2020(UTC), Teethdevoursnake on 25/06/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 25/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 20 June 2020 02:43:14(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
David: MY MAN! Now that's why I couldn't listen to this before, you were making me a surprise! You sexy thang. I love it, we can say with this you got into me in every possible way, in my body with your body, in my mind with being you, in my heart with your love and now you're penetrating my ears with this song about me and your voice... I just love you, no one would do anything like you

Natasha: Wooo I love this Spooney. My friend David who never wanted a relationship now gets a song dedicated to him, whoever imagined this lol. Great job!

Rose: I love it! It's so soulful, heartfelt and romantic... wow ❤

Zafari: Nice Spongey, dope relaxing music but stop dedicating me songs or your man hates me again after the present for my birthday, y'know

OOC: Amazing Job! So many details and it's got a particular, unique style and sound. Totally picturing Silver with it! Also a song dedicated to David, that's so nice :P

Edited by user 20 June 2020 02:58:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 20/06/2020(UTC)
#3 Posted : 20 June 2020 03:19:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
David: MY MAN! Now that's why I couldn't listen to this before, you were making me a surprise! You sexy thang. I love it, we can say with this you got into me in every possible way, in my body with your body, in my mind with being you, in my heart with your love and now you're penetrating my ears with this song about me and your voice... I just love you, no one would do anything like you

Natasha: Wooo I love this Spooney. My friend David who never wanted a relationship now gets a song dedicated to him, whoever imagined this lol. Great job!

Rose: I love it! It's so soulful, heartfelt and romantic... wow ❤

Zafari: Nice Spongey, dope relaxing music but stop dedicating me songs or your man hates me again after the present for my birthday, y'know

OOC: Amazing Job! So many details and it's got a particular, unique style and sound. Totally picturing Silver with it! Also a song dedicated to David, that's so nice :P

Silver Spoons:

@David You're so sweet! I'm honestly relieved that you like it! I was beating myself up about it for days! I love you baby!

@Ntasha Neither did I honestly! Crazy how life happens sometimes haha!

@Rose Glad you think so my lady!

@Zafari haha you are just too much sometimes Zafari!

OOC: Thank you :) I honestly feel that Easy Access will be his most impressive album to date. I think the album as a whole should be interesting. Thank you that means a lot coming from you :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
FiveT on 22/06/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2020 11:31:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: This is a whooooole vibe and I love these lyrics. There’s like 100 different captions you can use in this song here and I always love a song with a good caption ;) honestly, another great RP and song. Can’t wait to see what else is in store for SS!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 25/06/2020(UTC)
#5 Posted : 25 June 2020 07:35:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This is a whooooole vibe and I love these lyrics. There’s like 100 different captions you can use in this song here and I always love a song with a good caption ;) honestly, another great RP and song. Can’t wait to see what else is in store for SS!

OOC: Thank you so much :) That means a lot! It was fun to write up lyrics for this one. Luckily it kind of came natural, I tend to to struggle sometimes especially with R&B music lol but thank you so much :)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 30 June 2020 00:34:48(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Deneil: Ah shiiiit, this is bangin fam! Never knew the country boy has so much swaggaaaaa haha. Great track, bruv.

OOC: Great work! Nice to see an older character being dusted off and brought back to life. Also really like how you've used his personal life and experience on CBB to tie in with the creation of this new song. Gives it a very realistic feel.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

#7 Posted : 19 July 2020 05:54:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Deneil: Ah shiiiit, this is bangin fam! Never knew the country boy has so much swaggaaaaa haha. Great track, bruv.

OOC: Great work! Nice to see an older character being dusted off and brought back to life. Also really like how you've used his personal life and experience on CBB to tie in with the creation of this new song. Gives it a very realistic feel.

Silver Spoons: Country Swagger was my debut album after all haha!

OOC: Thanks!
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 01 August 2020 00:26:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Okay but that sound alike is a whole bop lol. Really great job with the lyrics and everything!

Hayden: It's not always easy to transition from one genre to another but I think this is one of those cases where it seems as if you were made for this genre. Also kudos to the producer for wanting to challenge you. I think producers who like to work outside the box the artist is comfortable in without completely trying to drastically change them is a sign of them knowing their shit. 10 stars from me.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 01/08/2020(UTC)
#9 Posted : 01 August 2020 01:33:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Okay but that sound alike is a whole bop lol. Really great job with the lyrics and everything!

Hayden: It's not always easy to transition from one genre to another but I think this is one of those cases where it seems as if you were made for this genre. Also kudos to the producer for wanting to challenge you. I think producers who like to work outside the box the artist is comfortable in without completely trying to drastically change them is a sign of them knowing their shit. 10 stars from me.

Silver Spoons: That means a lot. Despite the fact that this song wont be on the album, this song still means a lot to me, so I appreciate the love :)

OOC: Thanks :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)