logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bruce Ballbreaker  
#21 Posted : 10 July 2009 21:53:42(UTC)
Bruce Ballbreaker

Groups: Registered
Man

Glasvegas are really good, and as for Stephanie, I'm not a fan of pop but I won't criticise it because music is personal preference and nobody can really say to someone they have a bad taste as its just a matter of opinion.

Well apart from these rappers we have in Wigan, yes Wigan! Thats not music, just somebody talking fast...
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#22 Posted : 11 July 2009 02:14:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:
Glasvegas are really good, and as for Stephanie, I'm not a fan of pop but I won't criticise it because music is personal preference and nobody can really say to someone they have a bad taste as its just a matter of opinion.

Well apart from these rappers we have in Wigan, yes Wigan! Thats not music, just somebody talking fast...

Your right, but the fact is that people here hate hate hate pop. They hate it with their guts. I'm pretty sure if their was't people here who loved pop and everyone here just love meta and rock they would probably have a thread titles "POP SUCKS" and bash on it and talk mad shit. But they can't because their is many who do love it.
Offline Lepelbos  
#23 Posted : 11 July 2009 02:44:01(UTC)
Lepelbos

Rincewind wrote:
would go but am working at the hesket folk festival behind the beer tent bar :(

some good bands on this year but why the hell are the manics not headlining on the mainstage? fuck the killers!!!! infact a lot of greta bands are hidden away near the bottom!!!

I like The Killers but The Manic Street Preachers is still a much much bigger band than The Killers.
IF WE TOLERATE THIS YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT. Never forget!
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline xNightsidex  
#24 Posted : 11 July 2009 03:31:47(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

Your right, but the fact is that people here hate hate hate pop. They hate it with their guts. I'm pretty sure if their was't people here who loved pop and everyone here just love meta and rock they would probably have a thread titles "POP SUCKS" and bash on it and talk mad shit. But they can't because their is many who do love it.

I like Pop? Bik likes Pop? Troy likes Pop? Elliot likes Pop? :(
#25 Posted : 11 July 2009 03:41:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

xNightsidex wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

And thats my point, people here like pop. Never said people didn't but many people hate it.
Offline Captain Insano  
#26 Posted : 11 July 2009 03:42:52(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I wouldn't say I hate it, just that it disinterests me greatly.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline The Nimrods  
#27 Posted : 11 July 2009 03:43:20(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

And thats my point, people here like pop. Never said people didn't but many people hate it.

I don't hate pop, I hate current pop.I like madonna,I like some pop punk, got a bit of a soft spot for pop rock too.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Chimp Records  
#28 Posted : 11 July 2009 06:16:09(UTC)
Chimp Records

stephaniewazhere wrote:
flipside x wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
You Me at Six, The Horrors, The Maccabees, Peter Doherty, Unicorn Kid - all good fun to see.

Though, the likes of Go:Audio and My Passion really bring the festival down haha. Oh and Kings of Leon are headlining. It's just wrong.

Lots of good stuff and lots of bleh. I'm also getting pretty tired of the Lady Gaga fad, isn't this a rock show? Putting some of these names on the same poster with some of the other names is about as ridiculous as Brokencyde and Millionaires on the Warped Tour.

A good example, I'm not a Nine Inch Nails fan, but since when do they share a stage with Katy Perry?

Ok, I'm sick of you guys insulting Pop music, quit it otherwise their is going to be some serious problems. Rock/metal music doesn't own the forums.

Pretty much yes. There are a lot more rock/metal people here than pop.
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds

Offline flipside x  
#29 Posted : 11 July 2009 07:09:26(UTC)
flipside x

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'll also venture to say bands such as Kings of Leon, Killers, Snow Patrol, etc. are just as pop as anything else as far as I'm concerned, but at least they seem to fit the bill a little more. (Once again, I appreciate pop music, and could care less for metal, so I win here, move along. :P)
archaic couture. is:
Mila Ahtisaari - Vocals; Chris Sekine - Drums; David Reese and Tyler Westbourne - Guitars; Devin Perccone - Bass

the no time left for sleeping tour is:
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#30 Posted : 11 July 2009 10:58:38(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Lepelbos wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
would go but am working at the hesket folk festival behind the beer tent bar :(

some good bands on this year but why the hell are the manics not headlining on the mainstage? fuck the killers!!!! infact a lot of greta bands are hidden away near the bottom!!!

I like The Killers but The Manic Street Preachers is still a much much bigger band than The Killers.
IF WE TOLERATE THIS YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT. Never forget!

Damn right...

i discovered today that my youngest sister has never heard of them... i actually cried...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
#31 Posted : 11 July 2009 12:25:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Chimp Records wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
flipside x wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
You Me at Six, The Horrors, The Maccabees, Peter Doherty, Unicorn Kid - all good fun to see.

Though, the likes of Go:Audio and My Passion really bring the festival down haha. Oh and Kings of Leon are headlining. It's just wrong.

Lots of good stuff and lots of bleh. I'm also getting pretty tired of the Lady Gaga fad, isn't this a rock show? Putting some of these names on the same poster with some of the other names is about as ridiculous as Brokencyde and Millionaires on the Warped Tour.

A good example, I'm not a Nine Inch Nails fan, but since when do they share a stage with Katy Perry?

Ok, I'm sick of you guys insulting Pop music, quit it otherwise their is going to be some serious problems. Rock/metal music doesn't own the forums.

Who cares. There's many that are pop. And even if there were 1 pop it would still apply.
Offline old.gregg  
#32 Posted : 11 July 2009 19:12:06(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
We Were Promised Jetpacks..if just for the name. Coolest band name ever.

Not a bad band, either (:
-
Offline sav  
#33 Posted : 13 July 2009 16:34:56(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
i wish i lived in europe.
Offline flipside x  
#34 Posted : 13 July 2009 16:59:26(UTC)
flipside x

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to see White Lies.
archaic couture. is:
Mila Ahtisaari - Vocals; Chris Sekine - Drums; David Reese and Tyler Westbourne - Guitars; Devin Perccone - Bass

the no time left for sleeping tour is:
UserPostedImage
Offline sav  
#35 Posted : 13 July 2009 17:14:10(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
flipside x wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

Who cares. There's many that are pop. And even if there were 1 pop it would still apply.

i think that isn't the matter. what they are saying is that pop artists have nothing to do in a rock festival. it's like, how would you feel if metallica opened up for rihanna? you would kill yourself, wouldn't you?
Offline cam  
#36 Posted : 13 July 2009 21:24:58(UTC)
cam

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

No, they wouldn't. Because not everyone is as insecure and immature as you.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#37 Posted : 13 July 2009 22:32:09(UTC)
Lepelbos

I dont hate pop music at all. I just hate some pop artists. There is such a range of different styles in pop music, that i never can say i hate it. Pop and rock is sometimes overlapping. For some pop can be rock, and for some rock can be pop.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#38 Posted : 14 July 2009 01:57:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

cam wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

Yes. They would, if you were here i the forums before you would agree. But since you weren't you don't know.Insecure and immature really. So if I were so insecure , why am I speaking my mind. We are all immature, no one is ever mature. My internet personality is immature and i love it. You don't know me in real life.

Edited by user 14 July 2009 01:59:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : 14 July 2009 02:02:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sav wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
flipside x wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

i think that isn't the matter. what they are saying is that pop artists have nothing to do in a rock festival. it's like, how would you feel if metallica opened up for rihanna? you would kill yourself, wouldn't you?

Well you have a point, but what I'm saying is that they must of put them there for a reason. To me they especially Katy Perry perform like rock stars. No I wouldn't kill myself. I am interested into what other bands have to offer. I'm not saying I would be entertained but will put interest. I appreciate music.
Offline cam  
#40 Posted : 14 July 2009 03:15:53(UTC)
cam

stephaniewazhere wrote:
cam wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:

Yes. They would, if you were here i the forums before you would agree. But since you weren't you don't know.Insecure and immature really. So if I were so insecure , why am I speaking my mind. We are all immature, no one is ever mature. My internet personality is immature and i love it. You don't know me in real life.

Wow.

"No one is ever mature."

That is hilarious even by the high standards set by yourself. I mean honestly.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage