logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Paradox  
#41 Posted : 09 January 2010 11:47:00(UTC)
Paradox

Groups: Registered
Man

The album went no.3 world wide and became our 3rd consecutive album to debut at number 1 in South America
Cheers
-Jose
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Paradox  
#42 Posted : 10 January 2010 10:41:18(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Thoughtcrime went #1 world wide and in four regions with #2 in the other 3 regions

OOC: Fuck you all, I spent 1 day doing that RP
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Synxhard  
#43 Posted : 11 January 2010 06:35:31(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Congrats guys, another great album under your belts. The highlights for me were Daniel's vocals on 'Of my Own Soul', the great dynamics in 'Machine Dreams' and 'Gente Trivial', which is my all around favorite. Great work guys.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Sorry, I haven't been on in a couple days, would've responded sooner. great rp.
Offline troy211619  
#44 Posted : 12 January 2010 00:09:42(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Troy:INSOLENT PARADOX!!!, this has got to be one of the greatest albums of the year!!
From one of the greatest bands ever!!!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Paradox  
#45 Posted : 23 January 2010 10:27:25(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Well, long time since we said anything to you folks, and well, tour's been great and here's the deal: we're releasing an album with a bunch of cover songs we had stored somewhere, some b-sides and about 4 unreleased songs, you gotta keep in mind that is done for the sole purpose of milking you, got it?. No that's not serious.. entirely, the main reason is that we made some pretty awesome and twisted versions of these songs, we kind of went into the original style of the song, added our own style and then just throw some weird stuff into the mix, well a couple of them were already released, but we remixed them for this release because Hector has been listening lately to Sunn O))) and they werent strange enough for him, he makes us work too much, fuck him. And so since this is sort of a side, not-so-important release we'll give you the tracklist, name and cover.

Transporte Colectivo (that's public transportation in spanish)

UserPostedImage

1. Cocaine Blues (Johnny Cash)
2. Rebel Without A Pause (Public Enemy)
3. Circle of Hands (Uriah Heep)
4. Angry Chair (Alice In Chains)
5. What'd I Say I & II (Ray Charles)
6. Cuando Pase El Temblor (Soda Stereo)
7. Banned In DC (Bad Brains)
8. Lovesong (The Cure)
9. Opio (Heroes del Silencio)
10. Atom Heart Mother (Pink Floyd)

Yep, it'll be a fun listen at least
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#46 Posted : 27 January 2010 10:27:20(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Yep, Transporte Colectivo is going out tomorrow, and well I (Hector) will make comments on the tracks because all the other guys are lazy bums.

UserPostedImage

Gee, well here we go, singer on ()

Cocaine Blues (Erik Schuter)

Meh, we went Folk on this one, so Cash's number was kind of an upbeat song because he was an upbeat folk and well, this number isn't, mainly because we aren't upbeat folks, anyhow the texture on this one as I said is Folk/delta blues, not properly delta blues because it's an electric song or version, anyhow true (tr00) delta blues is played with acoustic insturments and this is no acoustic shit. Amazing song. Erik was the one to butcher the vocals on this one. Seriously, he's no singer.

Rebel Without A Pause (Jose Lugo/Dani Marquez)

The main reason we did a Public Enemy's song was because Jose and Dani wanted to do a rap song, and I wanted to do high pitched guitar screeches, so we chose this one, this was more of a private experiment, so no big innovation on this one, starring Jose Lugo as Flavor Flav and Daniel Marquez as Chuck D, while I got to be Terminator X (yep I did scratching), Erik stayed on his drums (pussy).

Circle of Hands (Dani Marquez)

To see a proper description head last page or somewhere in this website, look it up, i'm gonna do it my way, mainly to continue taking the piss on Erik. So he came with the idea to cover a rock ballad, it's a cool rock ballad on its original form, but it sounds exactly the same, sure me and Dani have shredding amazing solos on this one but come on, this is too conventional, fuckers. They think it's a good track.

Angry Chair (Hector Apreza)

Yep, I sing a song, hahahaha, let's grow up. Now this is kvlt stuff. An Alice In Chain song deconstructed to noise. You know how the original track has the echo thing? Well we took that stuff and multiplied it a hundred and two times, here the sound goes through several echo pedals, leslie speakers and everything that causes an echo, solid drum base, cool solo by Dani (not the original one), and echoes everywhere

What'd I Say I & II (Erik Schuter)

Now What'd I Say was revolutionary, so we felt like doing it, here the butchering Mr. Charles goes through it's not as painful as the one Johnny Cash faced, but it's still considerable. Erik's no singer, you should stop dissing on dead people, man. Seriously. A fine song, Jose plays piano.

Cuando Pase El Temblor (Hector Apreza)

We rebuilt this track with Mexican regional music, not mariachi and the known stuff, but sort of indigenous things, and the like. So this is another one I'm proud of, and as well as both Jose and Dani, agree this one is great, we thought of doing a song by an actual mexican band, but this version is amazing.

Banned In DC (Jose Lugo)

Let me tell you one thing, the tracklist sucks, come one seriosuly who chose it?, after last track speed-up Bad Brains is downright wrong, yes, speed-up, Jose had a tough playing bass and vocals at the same time (you may ask why didnt he recorded it separately, i'll say we're organic, you'll say that's retarded, i'll say fuck you)

Lovesong (orgy of voices, that sounds weird, well that was what Jose actually said, on a more polite description, sung by everyone)

Also look for a proper description elsewhere in this site, this was a song mixed by Jose and well Angry Chair has echoes, this has multi-tracks, I mean serious multi-tracks, it was a fucking Herculean task to mix and record this. About 50 samples, with a total of 160 minutes or something. Money does sick things to you.

Opio (Dani Marquez)

You missed a proper singer, didnt you? Well, with his uber-trained voice Dani is a delight on this song, matching good ol Bunbury, and well this song is amazing and the guitars are like bulldozers... or something.

Atom Heart Mother (Instrumental)

Well, we had to clos with a lengthy instrumental, it's practically a tradition, yet this time it's noise, reproducing the experiments done by Oval on a less experimental way, we scratched the CDs on two or more sides to produce a rhythm and.. oh dont worry your Cd comes scratchless.

Recorded @ ? Studios in Cuernavaca, Mexico
Released by Anti-Pop Records/Negative Records (I need to sort that out)
Produced by Insolent Paradox, Jim Garrison
Recorded by Jim Garrison & Tony Garrison
Engineered by Jose Lugo, Lee Marions, Tony Garrison, Yael Gonzalez & Daniel Gomiz
Mixed by Jose Lugo, Braulio Ayala & Daniel Gomiz

And that's it, should I come up with a clever ending?

Edited by user 27 January 2010 10:29:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Synxhard  
#47 Posted : 27 January 2010 13:48:24(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Congradu-fuckin-lations guys, another killer record out by the masters of prog/thrash. Jose definitely will make a good Flavor Flav on the Public Enemy number, and the whole echo layering scheme on 'Angry Chair' sounds like it'll be wicked. Some of the songs on here are pretty ballsy for a metal band to pull off, but if anybody can do it, it's Insolent Paradox. I'm hopping down to the closest Italian record store tonight to get a copy at mid-night. Cheers guys!

-Jimmy
Black Gold Rain

OOC: Nice rp, I especially like the whole vocal distribution thing. Also, you managed to really show Hector's personality. Good job.
Offline Paradox  
#48 Posted : 28 January 2010 10:29:30(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Erik: Yeah, it's a hell of a fine record, though all that crap on my voice is well.. crap, i sing better than you, get over it
Hector: Screw you
Erik: Ass
Hector: Well, you cant live without me
Erik: Neither can you
Hector: Screw you
Erik: Ass
Jose: Before the band falls apart, here are the charts

UK: 3
USA: 4
Canada: 7
Aus & NZ: 3
South America: 4
Asia: 5
Europe: 6
World: 3
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#49 Posted : 08 March 2010 10:54:43(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Well, that's right, we have a new album on the way, still being recorded, it's been a while since the last album and we've come to certain sort of.. guidelines for this thing, well we'll give up on singles, and most of that showbiz stuff, next album will be released on our own label. That's still being polished. And it will be more based on sludge metal, still with thrash and proggresive sounds, specially in the prog territory also, it'll be conceptual, sort of a sister album to Son, not a sequel, just a sister album. Jose is also preparing something with Oceans, something big I think. Well this touring lately has been a great time, and we've become a more complete band.
-Erik
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#50 Posted : 13 March 2010 12:37:18(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Well, we are done through the first song (still untitled) on the new album and here is a little preview:

Lyrics:
I am a hypocrite
Immune to light
Under the warm night
I'll always refuse to fight

I am the killer of a thousand souls
and I have no remorse
I am the son of 700 unconcious animals
and I have lost no battles

I am the lost sheep
I am the wound soldier
I am the isolated creep
I am sorrow's farmer

All I own is arid land
All I want is a fistful of sand
All I need is to hate someone
I dont know what it takes to be a man

I dont wait for the sunrise
I wont speak anymore lies
I dont care if the moon implodes in space
As long as I dont have to live in this place

The song is mostly built on a drum base with a guitar/bass sound assault built around it, with the vocals being processed so it gives this reverb/echo effect, It has loud/quiet/loud dynamics, and on the end it just explodes.

OOC: Comments please, consider this are the first lyrics I've written really caring about writting. I dont really care for criticism though.
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#51 Posted : 08 April 2010 09:37:19(UTC)
Paradox

Man

UserPostedImage
L-R: Hector on bass, Erik on drums, Dani on guitar and Jose on keyboards

So we've made amazing progress with the album and well here's the artwork, tracklist and the feedback we got from a few journalists at Rolling Stone we showed the record to.

HUMAN

UserPostedImage

Side one (the record was thought of as a vynil)
1 - Cain 4:06
2 - Life's Picture 6:10
3 - Run 2:53
4 - Noise 3:08
Side two
5 - Shepherd 4:36
6 - To Face Deception 0:49
7 - Now 4:12
8 - Abandon! 1:33
9 - Sleep 5:20
Side three
10 - Ghostly Faces 5:04
11 - Cycle 4:48
12 - Surrealism 5:29
Side four
13 - Running 2:41
14 - Abandon Everything 1:01
15 - Behind 13:58

Side five
16 - Me and My History 4:09
17 - Visions of Nothingness 7:34
18 - Abel 6:24
Side Six
19 - Existance 33:39
Running time: Around 130 minutes

On the CD, first four sides will be included as one CD and last two sides as another. More details on packaging will come soon. Here is what the people that we've showed the record so far to have thought of it.

Rolling Stone:

After about two or three hours of ramblin around we arrived at a shithouse in the middle of Mexico City where the appointment supposedly was, upon our arrival the band and their "crew" which at this point was only a sound engineer and producer/bandmanager Jim Garrison, "shitty climate, right?" he greeted us as we came in, "it gets worse in summer", "we couldnt make the place more difficult to find", we had an interview scheduled before actually hearing what was a rough mix of the upcoming album Human.

What was your inspiration for making this album?
Jose: We like making music
Hector: Honestly we feel we've done a lot with thrash, so we wanna see what we can do with other genres

So you say this album is a departure from your past records?
Hector: Yes, still I dont think we're selling out or anything, if anything I think this record is less accesible than the past ones.

What's the reason for making a drone band, or making a fusion jazz project in the past for Jose?
Jose: Well I made Oceans because I wanted to write stuff alone, I had a lot of ideas that did not fitted Insolent Paradox.
Hector: I'm doing the drone band for the same reason, but I like to be in a band, so I wanna see what I can make with other guys.

Are you two, Erik and Daniel, making any type of side project?
Daniel: Erik is.
Erik: Yes, I am.

What is it gonna be?
Erik: Uhm.. I only have a couple of ideas and tracks sketched out, but it is definitely gonna be done in the future.

And what about Daniel?
Hector: He's getting married.
Jose: Christian married and stuff.
Daniel: (laughs) Oh, well.

Congratulations, talking about that, why are you so closed about your private life?
Erik: Why are you?
Jose: (laughs) Because it's private.

What was it like making the album? You alienated yourselves from everyone.
Daniel: It was a challenge, definitely.
Hector: And we are not done yet.

And why are you so closed about the records you make?
Erik: Why are you?
Hector: (laughs) Because no one buys records the proper way anymore, they leak two months before the release date and by the time they go out on the market they are already old. The thrill of hearing album entirely for the first time is gone.

Can you think of a release date?
Jose: I'd say that is coming out before May ends.

Is this a sequel for Son?
Daniel: It started as one, but became something else the more we worked on it, you'd have to listen to it to understand it.

And so we did, we entered the next room, the engineer got behind a mixing table, and two big blokes with security shirts came over and searched us, we got a vynil sleeve with the cover and the lyrics inside, they said "so you can feel you bought the record and are playing it in your bedroom". And the record started playing, Cain, the first track a more prog rock approach with previously published lyrics, and after the first two tracks I surrendered, Life's Picture is a sludge song talking about an old unhappy man most likely to be the son from Son [sic], definitely the band proves to be more mature on this record, then after 4 or 5 tracks there is Now/Abandon! a sick tale sung majestically by Jose Lugo, well not sung but screamed, after the first two sides of the record played, I felt like a train had gone over me, I didnt fully understood the storyline, complex as it is, the third side was played, Visions of nothingness on side five another surreal tale, quality track, and then there is the magnum opus of the album, and possibly the best song ever written by the band, entitled Existance, we only got seven of its 33 minutes played and what we heard summed most of the album, minimalistic, outrageous, brutal, quiet, etc. In total, I think we got played less than half of the album, and it still felt as one of the greatest records of this year.

OOC: This shall be my first RP-only album

Edited by user 11 May 2010 06:01:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#52 Posted : 24 May 2010 13:00:44(UTC)
Paradox

Man

NEWS UPDATE:

Human was released a while ago, if you didnt heard about it you're not the only one: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=4581

Special edition for Son coming soon.

But to make up for such trickery and deceit and to assure you can pay your mortgage next year, we wont tour. Plus we'll already be counting our big bucks.

Well, boohoo. It's not that freaking way. We're exhausted. So besides playing a few festivals, we'll rest and work on side projects. Yeah. Side projects. And rest. No, we're not splitting up, it's not even a damn hiatus. We're just abstaining from touring.

Edited by user 26 May 2010 13:16:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#53 Posted : 27 May 2010 13:53:36(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Second news update:

We have a shiny new discography chart:
UserPostedImage

The Merkin Muffley entry is Hector's new side project and its debut can be found here: Can be found here. Here. Here indeed.
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline erich hess  
#54 Posted : 27 May 2010 14:38:12(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
erich:i usually am a fan of bar graphs,but i can abide this one.

karoliena:i'd prefer it submitted in powerpoint format.possibly augmented with a laser pointer.

erich:do they sell those anymore? i thought the rampant fear of snipers caused them to be outlawed.

karoliena:powerpoint? no,i'm fairly sure it's still standard issue.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Paradox  
#55 Posted : 27 May 2010 14:45:40(UTC)
Paradox

Man

erich hess wrote:
erich:i usually am a fan of bar graphs,but i can abide this one.

karoliena:i'd prefer it submitted in powerpoint format.possibly augmented with a laser pointer.

erich:do they sell those anymore? i thought the rampant fear of snipers caused them to be outlawed.

karoliena:powerpoint? no,i'm fairly sure it's still standard issue.

Hector: Word is far more dangerous.
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline erich hess  
#56 Posted : 27 May 2010 15:08:19(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich:sure these programs look like innocent office utilities,but when you arent looking? BAM! they rape your daughter and kidnap your dog.

karoliena:*shakes head* when will people learn? when will people learn?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Synxhard  
#57 Posted : 27 May 2010 16:55:37(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

erich hess wrote:
erich:sure these programs look like innocent office utilities,but when you arent looking? BAM! they rape your daughter and kidnap your dog.

karoliena:*shakes head* when will people learn? when will people learn?

OOC: Can I just say right now how much entertainment I get out of both your characters? I find myself consistently laughing at the genius interplay between them, and I think you get a lot less credit than is due.
Offline erich hess  
#58 Posted : 28 May 2010 14:48:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ooc:well thank you ever so much. i can't do serious or dramatic rps.so i have to settle for good natured banter between my characters.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage