logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#21 Posted : 04 October 2009 02:43:34(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Thorgrim wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
I support the Death Penalty if anyone who kills someone must be killed, meaning that the person who pulls the switch on the chair, must themselves be executed, and the person who does that must be executed. Repeat ad infinitum.

Really now?

The beautiful thing about it is, you kill all the people who support the death penalty right up to the point that somebody objects to killing someone. It's like poisoning all the Guinness to wipe out the entire population of the Republic of Ireland.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#22 Posted : 02 November 2009 15:18:28(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The thing with the death penalty is its just cheaper than keeping someone alive and fed for the rest of their life. Plus I mean its hard to get people to jump on the "your taxes will support this guy, give him a home, food, etc. for the rest of his life even though he killed 2 people" when there are plenty of people who haven't committed a crime going without those basic amenities.

Rincewind wrote:
but for some reason there appears to be a culture in America that... he is famous so can't be guilty and go to prison for a serious crime.

Hey we got O.J. the second time around =P
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Gildermershina  
#23 Posted : 02 November 2009 21:16:37(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
The thing with the death penalty is its just cheaper than keeping someone alive and fed for the rest of their life. Plus I mean its hard to get people to jump on the "your taxes will support this guy, give him a home, food, etc. for the rest of his life even though he killed 2 people" when there are plenty of people who haven't committed a crime going without those basic amenities.

America loathes paying taxes for anything that they don't see the return on themselves. Even when it's a minuscule amount, they want the government to send tanks off to the gulf but not look after the unemployed or the sick. It's not like the death penalty is actually that much cheaper, as many spend years on death row waiting for their execution, going through expensive and length appeal processes. For it to be cost-effective, you'd have to reform all the legal systems associated with it.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#24 Posted : 03 November 2009 02:19:49(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:

Rincewind wrote:
but for some reason there appears to be a culture in America that... he is famous so can't be guilty and go to prison for a serious crime.

Hey we got O.J. the second time around =P

The death penalty is only cheaper if you execute the guy instantly. Instead, they spend 30 years on death row with appeal after appeal after appeal after appeal. It's a total fallacy that the death penalty is cheaper.
Offline TheCDs  
#25 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:29:13(UTC)
TheCDs

Gildermershina wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

America loathes paying taxes for anything that they don't see the return on themselves. Even when it's a minuscule amount, they want the government to send tanks off to the gulf but not look after the unemployed or the sick. It's not like the death penalty is actually that much cheaper, as many spend years on death row waiting for their execution, going through expensive and length appeal processes. For it to be cost-effective, you'd have to reform all the legal systems associated with it.

I didn't phrase my statement correctly. I meant to say American citizens overall see it as cheaper for those reasons. The thing is even though most argue prisons are unfair because we take care of criminals (3 meals, hot showers, bed, shelter) when we have people in our nation suffering without those luxuries. Then the minute someone mentions any type of tax increase to pay for aid to the poor American's are up in arms about those poor people and their freeloading off of the hard working American citizen. Disregarding my economic beliefs, the hypocrisy of American citizens when asked to help the poor is embarrassing. While I may dislike and feel that government run benefit plans aren't the best way to handle the situation I do feel like something needs to be done. The most common arguments you hear at least in my home state of Indiana as to why the poor don't need our help is always the "well in Third World Country D they are part of the upper class" but when you confront them with information such as the CPI (Consumer Price Index, essentially measures the cost of living) for America vs. cost of living statistics of the Third World they just give you blank stares. As long as we pretend and talk about fighting poverty we don't actually have to do it seems to be the way it works.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline sharinganerror  
#26 Posted : 07 November 2009 02:38:00(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:
Well...he has committed an offence, a serious one (I think the charges involved are unlawful sex with a minor, rape, sodomy...I've only just read the whole thing), so I guess he should face the music. From what I understand the woman who was involved does not want charges to be laid.

ROFL and she really was consenting? that is really giving a terrible mindfuck right now..(omfg I did it again).
Offline sharinganerror  
#27 Posted : 07 November 2009 02:42:38(UTC)
sharinganerror

Aj wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
Aj wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Yes but only ignorant imbeciles actually endorse the death penalty.

Well, obviously I'm not expecting it to happen any time soon, just that's what should happen.

for having consentual sex he should be killed?

Ah, okay, you're taking this a little bit too far, I didn't mean it whole heartedly but still who knows how many other children he's done it to. Plus, the girl was 13, that's practically ruined her childhood most likely, I don't think it was consentual...

I believe rapists and paedophiles and murderers should be killed, yes, in an ideal situation where we could guarentte that their guilty (which, yes I know is never going to happen). But still he should be locked up for a long time. Sometimes you have to make examples of people instead of pussy footing around it.

um, anything can ruin childhood dude, and who knows? maybe the girl is a sick fuck too. an eye is always right I guess... although it does take a good person to forgive him for that. I honestly believe that the guy should just plead guilty, I mean really, if the girl didn't press charges. Why do we have to kill everyone? Whatever...
Offline Captain Insano  
#28 Posted : 07 November 2009 11:59:56(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:
Well...he has committed an offence, a serious one (I think the charges involved are unlawful sex with a minor, rape, sodomy...I've only just read the whole thing), so I guess he should face the music. From what I understand the woman who was involved does not want charges to be laid.

ROFL and she really was consenting? that is really giving a terrible mindfuck right now..(omfg I did it again).

So you saw my crappy joke...
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline sharinganerror  
#29 Posted : 07 November 2009 14:54:54(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

So you saw my crappy joke...

lol I thought it was unintentional...