logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Captain Insano  
#41 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:12:53(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Because she looks rather suspicous doesnt she?
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Rincewind  
#42 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:18:15(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i'd only trust her as far as i could throw her.... which isn't very far at all, unless i used a catapult....

anyway, i think people are missing the key failure of this law, and that is that its unworkable..
the state rely's on illegal labour to keep costs down. No illegal labour from across the border and things become more expensive. As long as there is a demand, it will still happen.
Also if an illegal is found, they put him/ her in prison instead of simply deporting them, which again costs the state money.

unworkable law.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#43 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:18:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
That's the reason why is respectable. Because if they wanted to with this new law, they can take Shakira to jail. She doesn't have her papers, her manager does.

edit: This was a reply to Post #40

Edited by user 01 May 2010 01:21:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Iron Geoff  
#44 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:23:37(UTC)
Iron Geoff

all economies count on the labour of illegal immigrants
We growl, We fight; we're badgers, we bite!
Offline Rincewind  
#45 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:26:46(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

no it doesn't
the law requires the police to check if there is a "reasonable suspicion" that they are here illegally.. for example a hispanic standing on a corner asking for work would fall under "reasonable suspicion", a multi million selling pop artist with houses in the US probably doesn't..

and its not saying if you don't have your papers then you go to jail, its saying if you can't prove you are in the US legally, then you go to jail. I think it will end up similar to stop and search powers in the Uk... Ie a way to stop and harrass people of a certain skin colour and background, which is a bad thing. It will not however mean that evey single dark skinned person without a piece of paper on them at all times saying they are legal will be arrested and banged up.
and im just like:
#46 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:38:54(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Rincewind wrote:
no it doesn't
the law requires the police to check if there is a "reasonable suspicion" that they are here illegally.. for example a hispanic standing on a corner asking for work would fall under "reasonable suspicion", a multi million selling pop artist with houses in the US probably doesn't..

and its not saying if you don't have your papers then you go to jail, its saying if you can't prove you are in the US legally, then you go to jail. I think it will end up similar to stop and search powers in the Uk... Ie a way to stop and harrass people of a certain skin colour and background, which is a bad thing. It will not however mean that evey single dark skinned person without a piece of paper on them at all times saying they are legal will be arrested and banged up.

Shakira doesn't own a home in the US. And while she's a multi-million selling pop artists (who also by the way has built 6 schools and has her own foundation for homeless children and for their education). She's not that kind of artists that wears make-up and fancy clothing when she's traveling or being a normal human being.

Anyway, that's not what I'm trying to say. What I'm saying is that just the fact she looks Hispanic she CAN be stopped (I know how white racist people can be, and they love to take advantage of things like this just to bother). She shouldn't have to worry about that and I know that won't be happening because everyone know who Shakira is but she's just trying to prove a point.

I think Shakira is just worried about the innocent people or the people who are abused. She's in no way supporting what harm the illegal people are doing. She's also standing up for people's right, which they do have. So people who say Shakira needs to stay out of it. You're cruel.

Edited by user 01 May 2010 01:41:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheCDs  
#47 Posted : 01 May 2010 04:43:03(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Look everyone knows this isn't a to catch illegal Mexican immigrants. This law is to catch those dirty illegal Poles. Oh, and those drunk Irishmen. And those Italians, they took a lot of jobs.

Edited by user 01 May 2010 04:43:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
#48 Posted : 01 May 2010 05:07:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lol, Shakira was taunting the officer, are you going to arrest me?

http://www.myfoxphoenix....oenix_immigration_042910

Offline maximys  
#49 Posted : 01 May 2010 05:50:53(UTC)
maximys

Iron Geoff wrote:
firstly; there is only one race: the human race.
secondly the use of segregation using ID cards is a way of the government (be it loal or national) making the white, non-indegenous Americans feel more important than the ones who have dark skin.
A divided people is easier to control as they are busy fighting amongst themselves to prove who is more American (in this instance).
Thirdly , things like this are happening all across the world.
We just need to accept that we are all the same and all have the same basic needs and the color of your skin or the place of birth don't count for anything: that way wars lie!

Firstly, We all know that all of the races should be equal. I just think illegals should be arrested, wether hispanic or white.

Secondly, ID cards would work if pepole didn't use them to segragate. Anyone who doesn't have an ID card police know are illegal.

Finnaly, We all know the color of skin doesn't matter. But citizenship does matter. For one thing, if the U.S. legalized illegal immigration, illegal drugs would come in more easily. Also illegals who can makr it past Border Patrol and others usually have terrible lives anyway because it is imposible for them to become sucesful. Those who say legal immigrants have it just as bad, Houdini, George Lopez, and Mr. Arnold, Governor of California would disagree.

Edited by user 01 May 2010 11:16:49(UTC)  | Reason: stupid comment

Masters of Destruction the band
Offline Aj  
#50 Posted : 01 May 2010 06:34:40(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
maximys wrote:
Iron Geoff wrote:
firstly; there is only one race: the human race.
secondly the use of segregation using ID cards is a way of the government (be it loal or national) making the white, non-indegenous Americans feel more important than the ones who have dark skin.
A divided people is easier to control as they are busy fighting amongst themselves to prove who is more American (in this instance).
Thirdly , things like this are happening all across the world.
We just need to accept that we are all the same and all have the same basic needs and the color of your skin or the place of birth don't count for anything: that way wars lie!

Firstly, We all know that all of the races should be equal. I just think illegals should be arrested, wether hispanic or white.

Secondly, ID cards would work if pepole didn't use them to segragate. Anyone who doesn't have an ID card police know are illegal.

Finnaly, We all know the color of skin doesn't matter. But citizenship does matter. For one thing, if the U.S. legalized illegal immigration, illegal drugs would come in more easily. Also illegals who can makr it past Border Patrol and others usually have terrible lives anyway because it is imposible for them to become sucesful legaly ( ex. of illegal sucess: the Mafia .) Those who say legal immigrants have it just as bad, Houdini, George Lopez, and Mr. Arnold, Governor of California would disagree.

If the US legalized illegal immigration it wouldn't be illegal immigration now would it? :P

Here's my opinion on it:

Illegal immigration should be cracked down on, definitely. Especially as numbers in the US are crazily high and pretty much dwarf anything the UK has to deal with. However I don't think this is the way to do it, and as has been said before it's very difficult to define reasonably suspicious. I'm not sure HOW you're supposed to deal with it, but I don't think segregations going to work.

#51 Posted : 01 May 2010 06:45:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Take a look at 5:31 and on, this is what i'm talking about.
Offline forkboy  
#52 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:12:11(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
maximys wrote:

America is a nation of immigrants. What about the 'The New Colossus', the poem that is mounted inside the Statue of Liberty?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"
Offline maximys  
#53 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:17:18(UTC)
maximys

forkboy wrote:
maximys wrote:

America is a nation of immigrants. What about the 'The New Colossus', the poem that is mounted inside the Statue of Liberty?

I know that. But immigrants should follow the law and enter the US legally.
Offline forkboy  
#54 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:24:29(UTC)
forkboy

So you think they would be entering it illegally if they could enter legally?
Offline maximys  
#55 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:28:39(UTC)
maximys

forkboy wrote:

I don't understand your question.
Offline Rincewind  
#56 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:38:27(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

don't forget cam that the statue of liberty is french, not american
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#57 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:48:27(UTC)
forkboy

maximys wrote:
forkboy wrote:

You say they should enter America legally. I am stating that if America did not have an over-the-top immigration policy then these people would be able to enter and work legally, as opposed to being illegal immigrants.

And of course, the statue is French of origin, but I'm fairly sure the poem was added by the Yanks themselves. Sadly America has gone backwards on immigration since the 19th century, which is amazing really.
Offline Captain Insano  
#58 Posted : 02 May 2010 11:18:00(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
maximys wrote:
forkboy wrote:
maximys wrote:

I know that. But immigrants should follow the law and enter the US legally.

Yes they should but they dont. Just put yourself in their shoes for a moment. If you wanted escape abject poverty and crime and all that, would you chose the slow, lumbering, costly process set out by the government or would want to take your chances by trying to cross the border with a group of people or by yourself? It doesn't matter how draconian you make the laws, people in desperation will try and take matters into their own hands if it means they can get away from their present situation even if they are detained and held by the government for a length of time before they are deported.

Just thought I'd share this tidbit about illegal immigration...I did read somewhere that it would cost the US close to $300 billion to round up, process and then deport every illegal immigrant over the course of five years.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Paradox  
#59 Posted : 03 May 2010 03:59:55(UTC)
Paradox

Man

maximys wrote:
forkboy wrote:

That is the problem, you americans dont get how hard is to get a fucking visa for a two weeks stay, let alone getting a green card, last time I was in your country I had to make a 3-hour line because of the I-25, and that's probably the lightest of your ridiculous, excessive procedures, and in the frontier there is people that are travelling without the I-25, because they werent aware that you needed to make yet another procedure so they make 5-hour lines, and some of them have to go back to Saltillo or Nuevo Laredo because the goddamit office closes at 9 pm. And again that is possibly the lightest permit you need. Possibly you dont even know what an I-25 is.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Thorgrim  
#60 Posted : 03 May 2010 12:25:40(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

forkboy wrote:
maximys wrote:

It's a poem. And poems are fucking gay. Nobody uses poems for legislation. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall