logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#221 Posted : 17 May 2011 06:45:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lily: It's like you write the soundtrack to my life.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline GirlSpice  
#222 Posted : 17 May 2011 07:11:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie Coyle: you make me really sad Glamazon. You just ooze a sort of musical class that I can never even hope to reach :'( this song is amazing and edgy as always!

Glamazon: Sad in a good way I hope? I only hope to make ex-boyfriends sad, and maybe a little bruised... thanks, sweetheart.

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Is it bad that this song reminds me of both crazy women I've dated and myself? Anyways. I think this girl is an intense bitch. I mean 'bitch', in the most fierce way possible. Both with her music, and style wise in general. Even with the constant carrying around of an axe, I still believe I would love to plow her though."

Glamazon: I love to be called a bitch. I believe some guys find it attractive when I take an axe to bed with me... maybe that's all in my head?

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Lily: It's like you write the soundtrack to my life.

Glamazon: And this is why I write music. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#223 Posted : 17 May 2011 07:43:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Amazing lyrics! Really fun!
Offline Moquel  
#224 Posted : 18 May 2011 09:18:08(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: I want to go out and stick my Claws up someone because I think that's the only way I will get a guy. Great song my bitch!

OCC: Loved the lyrics!
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#225 Posted : 22 May 2011 02:02:17(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Q MAGAZINE INTERVIEW GLAMAZON
"A Glamazon without an axe is like a fish without water."
UserPostedImage

"Lady Danger" took the charts by storm in the U.S, going top 20. Are you ready to cross over to the mainstream?
Of course! I mean, my music has always been mainstream and radio friendly; but I talk about a lot of topics that some popstars might shy away from because it might be seen as too daring, or not commercial enough. So I've always been ready, it's just that I've kept kinda underground when it comes to the actual charts, which I'm not bothered about at all, but it seems that I'm starting to make an impact, and I'm seeing that on not only the real music charts around the world, but also on digital and airplay charts, it's very flattering.

Fans may seem unsure on whether you'll tone down your dark style and music now that you're finding success, is that going to happen?
I'm getting noticed for what I'm doing right now, not for what I'm going to do in the future, so no, not at all. The funny thing is, I don't say "I must write a dark song" and then hope my brain somehow magics up all these ideas, it just seems to come naturally because my personal tastes revolve around more confrontational and aggressive things in life.

Would you consider yourself a dark person?
No! I'm really upbeat and generally happy a lot of the time, I don't like... live in a cave and kiss my dead ex-boyfriends during the night, you know? OK, maybe I do... who knows? (Laughs)

You were just featured in Chaos Magazine which had a front page feature of the baddest bitches in pop music. What's the difference between an average bitch and a bad bitch?
I think your average bitch is insecure inside, likes to gossip about others and put everyone down, and doesn't care who's feelings she hurts, as long as she's trying to make herself feel better. A bad bitch, however, is a confident, powerful female who takes charge of things, takes risks, and loves the thrills of life... she also likes to ride around on a motorbike every now and again and sip Earl Grey tea... that's me!

Earl Grey is your little obsession isn't it? Do you drink much alcohol?
(Giggles) It is! I think a lot of people think of me now when you mention Earl Grey, it's my number one choice whenever I'm at The Dirty Bastard, so I demand them to always stock up! I don't drink and I don't smoke, I'm very boring like that, but I like my life. Anyway, when I'm going to die, I don't want a fucking cigarette to be the cause of my death, right? I want a big, explosive death... maybe I can be tied to train tracks? Maybe I can arrange something with The Purger? I like his mysterious ways, it's sexy.

We haven't had a solo tour from you yet, will there be one to support the new album?
It's funny you say that... keep a look out on my official site over the next few days!

So what can we expect from the tour?
It's going to be very empowering and a place where we can celebrate the escape from censorship on stage. But I won't be having loads of special effects or anything like that as I'm not that kind of artist, I like all the dramatic lighting and dancers, but that's as far as I go... I think it gets too gimmicky if you go too wild with stuff like that.

Your song "Withering Love" won a Birdie for the Best Lyrics category. What was it like winning that?
Sweetheart, no words can describe how I felt after winning that award! I felt like people were finally beginning to understand me as an artist after that, people were actually relating to my music and actually showed interest in the topics I was singing about. I wrote that song late January of this year and I was really proud of it once it was complete, I couldn't wait to reveal it to everyone, so I'm glad people like it as much as I do! I'm very harsh on myself with my lyrics, I won't release something unless I'm really in love with it. I think it's great to be confident in something you've written, there's a great sense of achievement if you know you've just finished writing a great song.

There must be pressure then to keep putting out that quality of material though, right?
Kind of, but I mean... not all of my songs have such a deep meaning as that. "Lady Danger" has been a great success and that's just a song about being free and encouraging female empowerment, I do have my fun songs. It's important to have variety in this business, because if you're always going to stick to the same lyrical subject or the same genre, your fanbase will begin to question and wonder if you're any good at doing something else.

What's your advise to artists who struggle with writing lyrics?
There isn't really anything I have to advise anyone, because writing is such a personal thing. Just write what you feel and it'll come. Have a moment to just pour everything inside of you out and onto paper, and be fearless with it... or pour it out onto Microsoft Word if that's how you like to write your lyrics. (Laughs)

Who do you look it as an inspiration in the industry?
I honestly love Eric Quillington's work, he's a genius with everything that he does and I'm honoured to be going to the Chaos Awards with him, and I'm also honoured he's on my new single "Claws", I like to threaten him with my axe sometimes... but I wouldn't touch him as I admire him too much. Stephanie Fierce inspires me a lot too, she's a badass and then transforms into a caring mother when she needs to be... everyone wants a mother who can jump out of an airplane on a motorcyle, right?

Who would you like to work with in the future?
I want to work with Radio Vine, I like the way her mind works, she's a crazy bitch. I want to work with Stacey Walton too! We're great friends, so it's long overdue, my fans are always tweeting me about it, so I hope to give them what they want one day.

We have some fan questions now, a popular one was asking what would you do without your axe?
Oh my goodness! (Laughs) I'd be very depressed I think, I don't take it absolutely everywhere with me, but it's always kept in a safe place at home for whenever I need it. Men can be really annoying sometimes, so it comes in handy a lot of the time. A Glamazon without an axe is like a fish without water.

How would you describe your style?
I'd say it's feminine mixed with brutality. I like a lot of black, leather, spikes, ripped tights and boots.

What's happening with the return of "Lethal Love" which you've been promising for a while, what's happening with that?
I've been busy rehearsing for this tour, writing more music and promoting the album, so I haven't had much time to complete the series. But I'll finish it eventually, I promise!

You're very into film, what are your favourite films?
A lot of people know that I'm a big 'A Clockwork Orange' fan! I must watch it like... at least once a week or I go crazy. 'Pulp Fiction' is another favourite that I watch regularly. I'm also obsessed with 'Curtains' lately, there's a mysterious person in a hag mask in one scene who brutally muders a girl called Christie and her head is eventually found in a toilet bowl. Wild.

What do you want people to know most about you?
Nothing. I like to remain mysterious.

Glamazon's new single "Claws" featuring Eric Quillington is released 5th June.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline genocidal king  
#226 Posted : 22 May 2011 02:16:49(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: like I said before, you make me sad, becuz you are so awesome and calm and cool. Your interview was awesome, I loved learning more about you! Hope to catch you on tour!

Ooc: great interview!
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#227 Posted : 22 May 2011 07:36:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie: like I said before, you make me sad, becuz you are so awesome and calm and cool. Your interview was awesome, I loved learning more about you! Hope to catch you on tour!

Ooc: great interview!

Glamazon: You're awesome too, sugar! There's room for us all. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline GirlSpice  
#228 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:38:19(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Glamazon is proud to announce her first ever headlining tour titled "The Uncensored Tour" which will tour around North America and Europe this summer in support of her third studio album Uncensored. The tour features support for all dates from rising folk-pop star Katie Coyle.

"I'm so pleased to be going on tour with Katie" said Glamazon. "I'm a lover of lyrics and that girl can most definitely write, she's very talented and to be touring with her is gonna be wild" she added.

"Me and my bad bitch girl gang are finally hitting the road! I'm aiming to put on a show where nothing is off limits, just like the name, it's gonna be completely uncensored and fun; I can't wait for my fans to see what I have in store."

Tickets go on sale May 30.

North American Leg
July 23 - The Fillmore Miami Beach (Miami)
July 24 - Club Firestone (Orlando)
July 25 - The Ritz Ybor (Tampa)
July 26 - Buckhead Theatre (Atlanta)
July 28 - Terminal 5 (New York City)
July 30 - Metro Chicago (Chicago)
August 2 - Club Nokia L.A. Live (Los Angeles)
August 4 - Venue Nightclub (Vancouver)
August 5 - Sound Academy (Toronto)
August 6 - Métropolis (Montreal)
August 8 - Impérial de Québec (Quebec City)
August 9 - State Theatre (Portland)
August 11 - Higher Ground (South Burlington)
August 12 - Rams Head Live! (Baltimore)
August 14 - Electric Factory (Philadelphia)
August 15 - House of Blues (Boston)
August 20 - Radio City Music Hall (New York City)

European Leg
August 22 - Manchester Academy (Manchester)
August 24 - Concorde 2 (Brighton)
August 25 - O2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)
August 27 - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (London)
August 28 - The Roundhouse (London)
August 30 - O2 ABC Glasgow (Glasgow)
September 1 - Botanique (Brussels)
September 2 - Den Atelier (Luxembourg City)
September 3 - Große Freiheit 36 (Hamburg)
September 5 - Paradiso (Amsterdam)
September 6 - Folketeatret (Copenhagen)
September 7 - Sentrum Scene (Oslo)
September 9 - O2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)

Ticket prices
£20/$35

Edited by user 13 June 2011 00:40:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#229 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:40:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: WILL be attending!
Offline FiveT  
#230 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:44:24(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
OOC: I love the posters of the tours you make. They're really cool! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline PANIC!  
#231 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:45:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "I'll be at the Club Nokia show for sure. It'll give me a chance to see two of my favorite singers right now at the same place."
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#232 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:48:37(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Glamazon: Thanks Steph and Ryan, see you both there! Bring a weapon of your choice.

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I love the posters of the tours you make. They're really cool! :)

OOC: Aww, thank you! Glad you like. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline genocidal king  
#233 Posted : 23 May 2011 05:04:59(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Katie: I am so happy to be a part of this awesome tour.
Sometimes you get offers to join an artist on tour and you think "yeah that would be cool to tour with them". Sometimes you get offers to join an artist on tour and you think "that would be awesome to tour with them". Other times though you get an offer and it just leaves you speechless.
This offer was an example of the last one for me. Glamazon is not only a firm favourite of mine, but she is also an artist who has shown a lot of support for what I do, and that means a lot to me.
To get the chance to hit the road with Glamazon then, well it was too good to turn down, I didn't even need time to think about it. I can't wait, and I just hope I don't get too star struck when I meet her! This will be the experience of a lifetime.
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#234 Posted : 23 May 2011 05:21:50(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Sometimes you get offers to join an artist on tour and you think "yeah that would be cool to tour with them". Sometimes you get offers to join an artist on tour and you think "that would be awesome to tour with them". Other times though you get an offer and it just leaves you speechless.
This offer was an example of the last one for me. Glamazon is not only a firm favourite of mine, but she is also an artist who has shown a lot of support for what I do, and that means a lot to me.
To get the chance to hit the road with Glamazon then, well it was too good to turn down, I didn't even need time to think about it. I can't wait, and I just hope I don't get too star struck when I meet her! This will be the experience of a lifetime.

Glamazon: How sweet of you, sugar. We're gonna kick some ass on tour, can't wait to meet you! ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Andre Gandra  
#235 Posted : 23 May 2011 22:57:08(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post

Glamazon: How sweet of you, sugar. We're gonna kick some ass on tour, can't wait to meet you! ;)

Yulia: Hope I'll be able to get one of your concerts... we will be so busy in July, and I really wanted to watch you break the stage.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Moquel  
#236 Posted : 25 May 2011 08:01:40(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" I finally get to see you on stage! My prayers as been answered bitch! I took doses of my medience before going. Disorder can be a bitch sometimes."
- RadioVine
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#237 Posted : 03 June 2011 22:44:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

GLAMAZON IS UNCENSORED
UserPostedImage

Dressed in a black leotard, ripped tights, her famous killer spine heels, topped off with the inspired A Clockwork Orange eye look, finished with a spiked bracelet; Glamazon is the definiton of 'feminine brutality' just from one glance. "I'm not into designer clothing" she confesses, "I just see something that I like and I wear it, I don't follow a certain trend because fashion is forever changing which I hate, I hate fashion, but I like my own style." But it seems like this look for Victoria Rios (better known as her stage name Glamazon) was something that she naturally grew into with thanks to her tastes which she discovered early in life. "I've always been attracted to the villains in movies, they've got that mysterious vibe around them that's always something that I find intriguing. I've always watched horror movies, movies with a lot of violence and controversy in them, so my boyfriends always loved taking me to the movies because I never forced them to watch a chick flick" she laughs. "It's quite funny though... I'm not attracted to bad guys in real life, I actually can't stand them, give me a gentleman any day" she says, and it looks like she may have definitely found one. "Eric? He's a sweetheart" she smiles, "I got to know him over time and we're very similar in the way that our minds work, we're not two average people in music, are we? We're classed as the outsiders because we're unordinary at times, or maybe a lot of the time." However, in typical Glamazon fashion, she embraces that very fact, "It's wonderful, we're a force to be reckoned with" she says proudly.

Being known as an underground pop star directing, writing and producing her "Lethal Love" web series which accompanied her debut album Demons didn't last long, as she built a name for herself with second album Brutality and third time lucky, Glamazon achieved mainstream success with latest studio album UNCENSORED. "Its all happened so fast" she says, in total disbelief of what's currently happening. "I've started topping airplay charts, digital charts, I'm going on a sell-out tour, my latest album has just become my best selling to date, it's wild", but it hasn't been easy for the dark-pop vixen. "I've had to go through record labels trying to force a certain image on me, label heads trying to get me to make bubblegum pop, I'm like, 'really?' because there's no fucking way", her eyes widen with seriousness. "This is why I called my third album UNCENSORED, because that's all I want to be at this stage in my career. I'm tired of people telling me what to do, I'm tired of people trying to dampen my ideas and trying to make them more suitable for TV, my single 'Withering Love' had a scene right at the end where I was beheaded and I was told that it'd be banned from TV if it wasn't removed, so I said yes, yes you can ban it, but no you will not remove that scene."

Being a strong, opinionated, stylish female in pop music today brings several different comparisons towards Stephanie Fierce and Miss Vanity, something Glamazon has most definitely faced on numerous blogs, many calling her a cheap knock-off version. "I don't see the comparisons as a bad thing at all, why would I? To be compared to figures in music that are adored around the world? Of course that's not offensive" she says. "But to call me a cheap knock-off version is so typical, it's like saying Pepsi shouldn't exist because we already have Coca Cola, we're all in the same genre, but have different strengths and weaknesses, we all stand for different things" she says fiercely, very passionate about being her own artist. "There's more to me than black leather and axes" she smiles, "I work very hard on my visuals and my lyrics and I don't want people to look past that fact, as an artist, we all want to be recognised for who we are, not for being the second-rate anybody."

"There's a quote that I like to go by which is from the writer, Sam Ewing, who said 'Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it' which is something I go by more than anything else."

Glamazon's latest single "Claws" featuring Eric Quillington is out this Sunday.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline genocidal king  
#238 Posted : 03 June 2011 23:14:12(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ooc: great read as usual. You people depress me with the consistent stupidly high quality :(
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#239 Posted : 04 June 2011 02:15:05(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
'A force to be reckoned with'.. I like the sound of that. Also like being a gentlemen, since having class has always been a high priority of mine. Hence the obsession with monocles. In regards to the comparisons with Miss Vanity; I think you're a very unique artist, and you're definitely not a second-rate musician.

-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
#240 Posted : 04 June 2011 06:37:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: I was slammed for the same thing, when I first began, but I took what I had and embraced and I feel like that's what you're doing now. From the moment you stepped in, I always saw you as an unique individual. People who slap my name or miss Vanity's just to draw comparison are simply only looking for hits on their articles. They know that kind of thing..gets people talking, that's why I always ignore it. You are in no way a cheap knock off version, sweetheart. Listen...

What I've done musically has been completely different, so I don't see how the could make such a comparison. Yeah I did the whole blowing up the car thing before, but that is all visual. What hasn't been done before? I feel like as long as you're embracing what you're doing, its all that matters. I mean there is a limit. But there is always a web of inspiration or just plain coincidence.

I really enjoy the music, looking forward to more stuff from you, don't listen to the critics and just do you :)

Edited by user 04 June 2011 06:40:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified