logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#121 Posted : 12 September 2012 02:32:28(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
I think the last show I was at was something like Anaal Nathrakh & Chronocide. I fell asleep during Nathrakh. Honestly, I've kinda lost the love of the live show the last few times I went. I'm coming round to the idea that I'd rather just listen to the record. Old fart. Oh, I seem to have already mentioned that im this thread. And it was approximately 12 months ago too.

Trying to get over resurgent social anxiety I am going to go to my first live show in about 15 months on Saturday, to see Torche at the ABC2 in Glasgow.

Man, it's been years since I went to a gig at the ABC2. Used to love that place. Also haven't seen Torche since they played the Oran Mor with Pelican. Assuming they still do it, the bomb-string ending with Tarpit Carnivore, Meanderthal, etc. is something to behold. Enjoy.

I really can't wait. They should be a lot of fun. I need to swat up on the Torche back catalogue.

See anything in your network of the world?
Offline Gildermershina  
#122 Posted : 12 September 2012 10:54:32(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
I think the last show I was at was something like Anaal Nathrakh & Chronocide. I fell asleep during Nathrakh. Honestly, I've kinda lost the love of the live show the last few times I went. I'm coming round to the idea that I'd rather just listen to the record. Old fart. Oh, I seem to have already mentioned that im this thread. And it was approximately 12 months ago too.

Trying to get over resurgent social anxiety I am going to go to my first live show in about 15 months on Saturday, to see Torche at the ABC2 in Glasgow.

Man, it's been years since I went to a gig at the ABC2. Used to love that place. Also haven't seen Torche since they played the Oran Mor with Pelican. Assuming they still do it, the bomb-string ending with Tarpit Carnivore, Meanderthal, etc. is something to behold. Enjoy.

I really can't wait. They should be a lot of fun. I need to swat up on the Torche back catalogue.

See anything in your network of the world?

Saw Kayo Dot, with their new black-metal-esque sound, in the back of a record store. That was awesome. Their first show in Vancouver ever. Mine too.

Then I missed Swans by thinking it was on a Friday rather than a Thursday. I've heard the new record is being pretty well received, and I was going to buy a copy at the show. A double record with two 20 minute tracks and a 30 minute track. That's ballsy, but then, nobody could ever legitimately accuse Swans of lacking balls.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#123 Posted : 07 October 2012 07:29:49(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Just went to the Virgin Freefest and caught 4 acts.

The Dismemberment Plan (front-stage), Portugal, the Man (front-stage), Future Islands and Volta Bureau.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline genocidal king  
#124 Posted : 25 June 2013 19:26:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Just had a look at the tickets I have booked for just the next five months. It's going to be a busy time up until November.

29/30/06/13 - Ghostfest, Leeds Uni
25/07/13 - Lemuria, Cockpit 3, Leeds
23/08/13 - Leeds Festival, Bramham Park
10/09/13 - Lauren Aquilina - Cockpit 3 - Leeds
12/09/13 - Jimmy Eat World - O2 Academy Leeds
18/09/13 - Motinless in White - Cockpit - Leeds
19/09/13 - Swim Deep - Cockpit - Leeds
20/09/13 - Paramore - Manchester Arena
23/09/13 - The 1975 - Leeds Uni
04/10/13 - BlessTheFall - Cockpit - Leeds
05/10/13 - Heights - Cockpit - Leeds
06/10/13 - letlive. - Cockpit - Leeds
08/10/13 - Madina Lake - Cockpit - Leeds
11/10/13 - Tonight Alive - Cockpit - Leeds
12/10/13 - The Story So Far - Corporation - Sheffield
14/10/13 - Bowling For Soup - O2 Academy Leeds
15/10/13 - The Story So Far - Cockpit - Leeds
16/10/13 - The Story So Far - Manchester NQ Live
02/11/13 - Damnation Festival, Leeds University Union
16/11/13 - 30 Seconds to Mars - Manchester Arena
30/11/13 - Avenged Sevenfold, Manchester Arena
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#125 Posted : 09 September 2013 08:36:12(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
friday i saw rancid with the interrupters opening.also tim timebomb and friends did a set too . which is is basically a side project of tim armstrong.

i saw them at revolution in ft lauderdale,but the outdoor part of the venue. (been there a few times,but never the outside part.) it was hot,but what show isnt hot? being outside actually let a nice breeze through everyone know and again. the interrupters went on first.never actually heard of them, and expected as classic ska sound out of them,as they had the olds school ska look to them. thin braces and thin ties with white shirts and black trousers.. until their singer came out. she was decked out in a cock sparrer shirt.needless to say,i am pretty sure little hearts floated around me. the band was pretty good,even if she did sing a little bit like brody dalle of the distillers,who sings a lot like courtney love. pretty good set from this band. ska corish? i would describe them.

tim armstrong came out,and i was expecting like 5 songs from his side project. he did like an hour long set! all covers,but fucking killer covers.i loved their version of "my bucket's got a hole in it." and the creme de la creme..... "soundsystem". i am pretty sure my fanboygasm impregnated every woman in a 14 ft radius. it is nearly my favorite operation ivy song.

rancid just fucking killed. they were top notch,the crowd was top notch. just insane.hands down,the best show i ever been to. i took my daughter,who got swallowed up in the pit and had a blast. the show was so good,she even admitted that it was a better show than black veil brides ever could have been. this is a given,but remember,she is a teenage girl. so she thinks with her ovaries and tim armstrong's old ass isnt as "cute" as any of the black veil brides.

*sighs* i heard tim armstrong sing "soundsystem". if it wasnt for op ivy,i'd be a far different person today.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 09/09/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#126 Posted : 09 September 2013 20:07:26(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Nice one Mr Hess. Never a massive fan of Rancid myself, but I like Tim Armstrong purely because, like me, he hates that lanky ginger cock end Homme. My own personal crazy run of concerts starts tomorrow with the Amity Affliction. First of 8 in the next two weeks. I might write a few reviews for them up in here.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#127 Posted : 09 September 2013 22:37:46(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

I wouldn't even place them in my top 10. But I guess I love them by proxy because of operation ivy. It's like being at a party,and Katy perry turns you down for a one night stand,but zoe deschanel agrees. It's almost what you were originally into,so off you go.

Ugh queens of the Stone Age. Wouldn't hit a bull in the ass with them.

Looks like you have quite a time planned. Where I live,nobody ever comes. We are like red headed step children.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline genocidal king  
#128 Posted : 10 September 2013 18:52:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Thought this was the place for this. Just found this online, from one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bring me The Horizon in a 300-capacity venue - crazy intimate show for such a big band. This pic of it is just really cool.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#129 Posted : 10 September 2013 23:47:53(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

That venue looks fun.. If very hot.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#130 Posted : 08 October 2013 23:36:22(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

On Saturday night, I ventured off to Manchester to view some songs and related japes from the band Funeral for a Friend. This is a band that created the best album (and still my all time favourite) in 2003. However, they then faded a bit and got a little bit shit around 2008, so I very much went off them. Having not seen them live for a few years, I recently decided to spin their latest two albums (2011 and 2013) and very much enjoyed them. My friend then informed me that they were playing in Manchester on Saturday. I declined, as the last time I saw them they were mediocre and eating into the love that I still harbour. He then told me they were planning on playing their first two EPs in full, which made up the majority of their debut album, and suddenly I had to go. I then proceeded to be like a hormonal 14-year old at a One Direction concert. One of the best live experiences ever. The old songs were beyond tremendous and it was a fantastic crowd and atmosphere. Wonderful night.

In the last three weeks I have also been to see: The Amity Affliction, Chunk! No, Captain Chuck!, Swim Deep, Motionless In White, Paramore, Jimmy Eat World, Blessthefall, Heights, letlive., and The 1975. Of those, Paramore and The 1975 were the best by country miles (many of them). Paramore were sensational and performed so well. But then on the Monday after I saw that, The 1975 blew them away. One of the best live atmospheres ever and a really wonderful live performance. They are headed so far to the top it's almost unreal.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/10/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#131 Posted : 20 May 2014 02:27:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Saturday saw the aquabats at the culture room in ft Lauderdale.

Opener was "koo koo kangaroo". They were a........? I guess they were a dance duo out of Minnesota. Best described as lamfo crossed with the beastie boys.. Two guys dressed in black sweat suits ands gold hightops who's band was an iPod. They were very fun. Lots of audience participation. Any show that closes with parachute time like we were all still in elementary school is rad. A perfect opener for the aquabats.

The aquabats were very cool. I never really liked theym back in the day. Their tv show is a good kind of corny ,so my daughter loves it. I knew exposing her to mystery science theater from birth was a mistake. So we had to go see them. The aquabats were as corny as ever.chickens were fought,sandwiches thrown,lots of people in costume,everyone having a good time. It is of note,that since these guys do have a kid's show, little kids were there. It was pretty cool that about 20 parents took their sub ten year old kids to a dingy club to see the aquabats. It was great seeing those little kids seeing singing song far older than them. Who knows how many bands are going to form from that night?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#132 Posted : 29 August 2014 08:28:46(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Aside from houseshows with only local bands on the bill, I've seen:

AWOLNation
MewithoutYou
Grand Targhee Fest
Richard Dreyfest 2013 (Punk Festival in my area)
The Cryptics
The Ridgways
Lisabi
Slaughter Daughters
Developer and Elisha Caudill (My band's first gig)
Mea Culpa
Hospital Job
Darren Keene
Spit-Take
The Earth Does Not Belong To Us
Three Brained Robot and Slight Birching
Trash Swan
Tyson Ballew and Ethan Uhl
Black Flag with Cinema Cinema
Derive and Fuuls
Richard Dreyfest 2014
Foxy Shazam
Arcade Fire
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 3 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 29/08/2014(UTC), erich hess on 29/08/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 29/08/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#133 Posted : 29 August 2014 09:11:44(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Been a while since I posted in here. These are what I have coming up in the next few months (no particular order)

Against Me!
Bring Me The Horizon
The Defiled
You Me At Six/All Time Low
Neck Deep/Knuckle Puck
Pierce the Veil/Sleeping With Sirens
Pop Punk's Not Dead Tour (Best.tour.ever. New Found Glory, The Story So Far, State Champs, Candy Hearts. Actually love every band).
Don Broco/We Are the In Crowd
Crossfaith
Architects/Every Time I Die
Volbeat/Hatebreed
CHVRCHES
Hopefully A Day To Remember
And hopefully Babymetal

Edited by user 29 August 2014 09:20:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
snap_itshannah on 29/08/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#134 Posted : 25 November 2014 07:52:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

So I went to see New Found Glory on Saturday evening. At this point in my concert attending career, I didn't think it would be possible for a band to put on a performance that would surprise me as much as this, and especially not a pop punk band that album wise are probably past their best. I've seen some amazing performances over the past 12 or so years I've been attending concerts, but this just totally blew me away. So amazing to see a band that clearly loves being up there as much as the fans love being there. Pure energy from start to finish, amazing fan interaction, a perfect setlist filled with complete bangers and just one massive singalong from start to finish. I struggle to put into words how amazing it was. When one sees how New Found Glory are live, and remember all the amazing hits they've had over the years, it's quite galling that Blink 182 are the pop punk band that hit the serious big time (and that's coming from a huge Blink fan).

Show of 2014 for sure, and that's saying something. Probably one of my top 5 of all time.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#135 Posted : 01 June 2015 09:10:11(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Well, in four hours, I will be seeing Streetlight Manifesto. They're my favorite band and I never thought I'd get the chance to see them. Time to party hard on a school night one more time before summer!
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#136 Posted : 02 June 2015 00:12:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Tonight I'm off to Manchester to see Brand New play in a ridiculously small venue. Cannot wait. It's going to be incredible.
UserPostedImage
Clampdown on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#137 Posted : 02 June 2015 00:17:16(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
I Am... World Tour (2009) - Beyoncé
The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour (2013) - Beyoncé
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#138 Posted : 18 October 2015 11:13:21(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Janet Jackson - Up Close & Personal World Tour (2011)
Rihanna - Last Girl on Earth World Tour (2010)
Rihanna - Diamonds World Tour (2013)
Beyonce - Mrs. Carter Show World Tour (2013)
Kanye West - Yeezus Tour (2013)
Drake - WORLD TOUR (2013)
Jay-Z - Magna Carta World Tour
Jay-Z and Beyonce - On The Run World Tour (2014)
Mariah Carey - 1st Annual All I Want For Christmas Show
Nicki Minaj - PinkPrint World Tour

Edited by user 18 October 2015 11:14:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 18/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#139 Posted : 18 October 2015 12:06:26(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post

DID YOU SEE TINASHE OPEN UP? OR WERE YOU AT THE FLOP US LEG WITH TREY WRONG AS THE OPENING ACT?
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#140 Posted : 18 October 2015 18:27:49(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post

DID YOU SEE TINASHE OPEN UP? OR WERE YOU AT THE FLOP US LEG WITH TREY WRONG AS THE OPENING ACT?

I saw Tinashe open up! I went to Nicki's barclays show on 7/27. I believe that was the date! Tinashe was riveting, love her. I can't wait till more people hop on her bandwagon
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage