logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#21 Posted : 24 May 2011 10:43:44(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
@asdf oops ;/

How could a baby develop his/her sexual preference when it's developing inside the womb. I think it's impossible. Some baby's have to be spanked, to learn how to breathe, when they are borned. How could they possibly develop their sexual preference right on the spot or better yet...before hand?

Edited by user 24 May 2011 10:46:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#22 Posted : 24 May 2011 16:40:18(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
You should read up on the Kinsey Reports. An important work on the serious research into human sexuality, he came up with the Kinsey Scale, with 0 being totally heterosexual, 6 being totally homosexual, 3 being attracted to each equally, etc.

Long & short is that we don't know for sure. What I can say is that I didn't make a concious effort to find women attractive. Shit just happened. I don't imagine it being much different for anyone else either. Shit is all in the sub-concious, you don't choose. Can't imagine it being as simple as "a gay gene" though, who knows how that shit happens.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#23 Posted : 06 June 2011 00:30:20(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OK the answer is YES! i WAS BORN GAY... I remember since I was a sic years old boy I felt in love with another boy.. it’s is crazy because I would choose be straight if I could... but I can't so... now I'm more confortable saying this.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline erich hess  
#24 Posted : 07 June 2011 02:25:15(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17923 time(s) in 10416 post(s)
I believe you are born gay. Most people i know who are gay,say they knew they were "different" from very early ages.way before puberty set in.the same with transgender people.they are born as one sex,but know they are another.again,also from their early years.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline forkboy  
#25 Posted : 07 June 2011 06:59:33(UTC)
forkboy

And how many of them remember what they were like at 6 months? Exactly.

It's really impossible to say, but the idea that people are born gay is controversial because it suggests that homosexuality is potentially genetic. And if you can't see why that's problematic...
Offline Mt. Epic  
#26 Posted : 07 June 2011 07:15:01(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I think I might make another thread relating to this one called "What Does It Mean To Be A Certain Gender?"
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Andre Gandra  
#27 Posted : 14 June 2011 06:33:13(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post

It's really impossible to say, but the idea that people are born gay is controversial because it suggests that homosexuality is potentially genetic. And if you can't see why that's problematic...

I was born gay.. with four years I usually play with dolls.. see that's what I am talking about...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline MATTT  
#28 Posted : 14 June 2011 06:36:04(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
This what I think. I think everyone is born bi and then you kinda progress to either being a homosexual or a heterosexual or a you stay as a Bi-Sexual. I mean not everyone has to agree with me but thats just what I think.
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#29 Posted : 14 June 2011 07:42:16(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MATTT Go to Quoted Post
This what I think. I think everyone is born bi and then you kinda progress to either being a homosexual or a heterosexual or a you stay as a Bi-Sexual. I mean not everyone has to agree with me but thats just what I think.

Similar to this, except I would say that we are all born asexual rather than bisexual, and we grow into our sexualities as we mature - part nature, part nurture, some younger, some older, depending on the person. Children are not sexual beings.

Andre Gandra - a male playing with dolls is not as much showing a sexuality difference as a gender identity difference. Transgenders and genderqueers, who are born that way, report playing with toys designed for t'other gender and wanting to wear the opposite gender's clothes and so on. Some men are as masculine on the outside as can be, and yet still attracted to men only.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline forkboy  
#30 Posted : 14 June 2011 08:44:49(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post

I was born gay.. with four years I usually play with dolls.. see that's what I am talking about...

Yeah, I kind of don't get what you are talking about actually. Like Bikz says, playing with dolls has no real reflection on sexual orientation. Plenty of manly men who play sports & lift weights & all that cliched idea of masculinity who fancy men, & plenty of men who like to wear womens clothing & yet still dream of inserting their penis into a vagina.

Now I think back to my own childhood & I don't remember being particularly attracted to either gender until maybe I was 10. Boys were more interesting before that because they liked playing football & videogames & girls were more "ewwwwwwwwwww girls", but none of that thought process was sexualised. And then one day, see a pretty girl, rush of blood to penis, feel awkward & moderately uncomfortable. So I'm not really sure I can accept the idea that people are born straight or gay. I basically subscribe to the same line of thought as bikz, asexuality for the first few years of our lives.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#31 Posted : 27 July 2011 23:18:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I kind of don't get what you are talking about actually. Like Bikz says, playing with dolls has no real reflection on sexual orientation. Plenty of manly men who play sports & lift weights & all that cliched idea of masculinity who fancy men, & plenty of men who like to wear womens clothing & yet still dream of inserting their penis into a vagina.

Now I think back to my own childhood & I don't remember being particularly attracted to either gender until maybe I was 10. Boys were more interesting before that because they liked playing football & videogames & girls were more "ewwwwwwwwwww girls", but none of that thought process was sexualised. And then one day, see a pretty girl, rush of blood to penis, feel awkward & moderately uncomfortable. So I'm not really sure I can accept the idea that people are born straight or gay. I basically subscribe to the same line of thought as bikz, asexuality for the first few years of our lives.

Thinking better now, Yes I can agree with you right now, and Bikz told something really interesting and if we look up for human behaves, we can see that there is a similar age where we kind of start to feel attractions for other human being, maybe can be at 10, maybe early. The fact is that it’s totally strange how these kind of things happens and maybe it will keep people talking about it without getting a exactly conclusion... but I still keep saying "ewwwwwwwwww girls" in a sexualized way LOL...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Aj  
#32 Posted : 28 July 2011 00:25:48(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I think everyone's a little bit 'gay' or a little bit 'straight', no ones 100% gay or 100% straight some people are just embarressed to admit to any different. But at the end of the day there's no such as being gay or being straight anyway people just like to stick labels on things they don't really understand or are different to themselves. I wouldn't say there's any difference between a gay person and straight persons physical brain, but I can imagine it could be something to do with hormones and chemicals, shit like that. I think it's pretty similar to music taste though really, it's just what does it for you and nothing can change that.

If your an american football player who gets paid ridiculous amounts of money to be a mans man, but really you know your gay, there are plenty of people who can pretend to be that person for a long time but in the end most people do just come out. Which is why I think sometimes you hear stories of old football players or widowers that have no reason to maintain their 'straight' image, and then just come out. But whilst your in an environment where you're better off keeping it in, then it is possible.

It's kind of like a kid who listens to metal when he's on his own, but acts like he hates it when he's with his friends. It suits him to listen to rnb and all that because it's just easier. But as soon as he doesn't have to like it anymore, and he CAN be himself, he'll probably be a bit more open about it.

So I don't really think anyone's born anything, you either like something, or you don't, but just as there are loads of genres of music just because you don't like rnb doesn't mean you won't like one Usher song. Same with being straight you might be straight apart from the fact you'd leap on Johnny Depp given the chance. I know I would. So no you're not born gay, and your not born straight. You're born, and that's it. You as a person can get turned on by men and women, or both or neither or whatever, but you don't have to be 'gay' to be turned on by one man, or a million men. I think if someone CAN be gay, and they would rather be with a man than a woman, then they will. But if someone can't be gay(like in a strict Christian community) then they will be able to keep it in because just as no ones 100% straight, nobodies 100% gay either. But I'm not nessasarily talking about a concious choice here, it could be totally subconcious. You could be so brought up with your beliefs that if you get turned on by a man you'd instantly dismiss it, despite the fact you might kinda like it!! Again, parralels run with music taste. So I think basically everyone should be able to be gay, and not have reprocutions, and people should just appreciate people for who they are. Too many people try to supress other peoples personalities so that they can stick everyone in groups and labels. If there were no groups and there were no labels, everyone would have their own personality but because people try to stick say black people in the group of listening to rap and wearing baggy jeans, a lot of black people feel compelled to do that simply because they don't want to break the sterotype.

Bit of a rant eh?????
Offline Andre Gandra  
#33 Posted : 28 July 2011 00:37:39(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
I think everyone's a little bit 'gay' or a little bit 'straight', no ones 100% gay or 100% straight some people are just embarressed to admit to any different. But at the end of the day there's no such as being gay or being straight anyway people just like to stick labels on things they don't really understand or are different to themselves. I wouldn't say there's any difference between a gay person and straight persons physical brain, but I can imagine it could be something to do with hormones and chemicals, shit like that. I think it's pretty similar to music taste though really, it's just what does it for you and nothing can change that.

If your an american football player who gets paid ridiculous amounts of money to be a mans man, but really you know your gay, there are plenty of people who can pretend to be that person for a long time but in the end most people do just come out. Which is why I think sometimes you hear stories of old football players or widowers that have no reason to maintain their 'straight' image, and then just come out. But whilst your in an environment where you're better off keeping it in, then it is possible.

It's kind of like a kid who listens to metal when he's on his own, but acts like he hates it when he's with his friends. It suits him to listen to rnb and all that because it's just easier. But as soon as he doesn't have to like it anymore, and he CAN be himself, he'll probably be a bit more open about it.

So I don't really think anyone's born anything, you either like something, or you don't, but just as there are loads of genres of music just because you don't like rnb doesn't mean you won't like one Usher song. Same with being straight you might be straight apart from the fact you'd leap on Johnny Depp given the chance. I know I would. So no you're not born gay, and your not born straight. You're born, and that's it. You as a person can get turned on by men and women, or both or neither or whatever, but you don't have to be 'gay' to be turned on by one man, or a million men. I think if someone CAN be gay, and they would rather be with a man than a woman, then they will. But if someone can't be gay(like in a strict Christian community) then they will be able to keep it in because just as no ones 100% straight, nobodies 100% gay either. But I'm not nessasarily talking about a concious choice here, it could be totally subconcious. You could be so brought up with your beliefs that if you get turned on by a man you'd instantly dismiss it, despite the fact you might kinda like it!! Again, parralels run with music taste. So I think basically everyone should be able to be gay, and not have reprocutions, and people should just appreciate people for who they are. Too many people try to supress other peoples personalities so that they can stick everyone in groups and labels. If there were no groups and there were no labels, everyone would have their own personality but because people try to stick say black people in the group of listening to rap and wearing baggy jeans, a lot of black people feel compelled to do that simply because they don't want to break the sterotype.

Bit of a rant eh?????

That was quite interesting, I can relate to it too, I had some straight experiences in my life, that does not make me straight, but It also can confirm the thing of not being a 100% gay, it's strange these kind of things, so after I spent hundred times thinking about it, I decided to call myself free.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Raphaela  
#34 Posted : 28 July 2011 00:39:57(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I agree with Charlie here.
Sometimes people ask me if I'm a lesbian or bi, and the answer I give them is always 'if I want to be with a girl, I will, if I want to be with a guy, I will, if I want to be with a tree, I will...'. I hate labels, it'd be easier if we just did what we want and don't care about what we're called.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)