logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<1112131415>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#241 Posted : 04 June 2014 02:50:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Nice work the both of you. Loved the performance and loving the song. Great work on the lyrics :)

Austin: Killed this! Supporting this right now. Great collaboration.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#242 Posted : 03 August 2014 03:20:01(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: August 2, 2014
Format: Digital download
Genre: Progressive house, dance-pop
Length: 4:00
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Erin Ramsey, Leah Jordan, Colin Taylor, Kay Young
Producer(s): The Wolverines

Background Info:
'Work It Out' is a song by American R&B singer Dominic Brown from his upcoming extended play, "Unrequited Love," featuring The Wolverines. The song is the third single to be released from the EP and also features on the soundtrack of the hit Summer movie, "Summer Break." It was written by Dominic Brown, Erin Ramsey, Leah Jordan, Colin Taylor and Kay Young and produced by The Wolverines. Brown takes his music into a new direction altogether, steering completely away with his usual R&B direction and into more of a progressive house and dance-pop sound for this new track. "Now that I'm older I'm always trying to do new things that I may not have done a few years ago and with my music especially that's what I'm trying to do. I want to grow as an artist and expand my audience with a new sound. My fans are growing up with me and together we can grow and try new things. This song is one of my favorites cause it represents a new me. I remember working with mISTER_b on his last album on 'Offer My Pain' and it turned out great and so I was thinking like man I could really do this. So from there I just decided that I wanted to try some new things and this EP would be a great way to introduce everyone to my new music."

Song Description
The track spins in and out of Dutch House, Progressive and Pop with berserk synth lines twisting upon themselves and the occasional verse from Brown. Lyrically, the song focuses on regretting what you did and wanting to fix the relationship before your significant other falls out of love. "Oh no drama, I know what you desire / Stop actin' so crazy, open up and cease fire / Girl just forget about that one time / Just listen to me before you ignite / You keep pulling me towards the ledge / Thinking that, it was all in vain / Before you take all your love far away / I want to work it out." With the electronic flavor of The Wolverines and the hypnotizing vocals from Brown, this new track is going to be the next Summer banger!

You left me drowning in the dark abyss
I call for you to come and ease the pain
Don't understand why would you say those things
You knew that I came attached with so many strings
You keep pulling me towards the ledge
Thinking that, it was all in vain
Before you take all your love far away
I want to work it out...

[Hook]
Work it out, work it out, work it out
I want to work it out
Work it out, work it out
I want to work it out

[Beat break]

Oh no drama, I know what you desire
Stop actin' so crazy, open up and cease fire
Girl just forget about that one time
Just listen to me before you ignite
I want to work it out

[Beat break]

I love your body and girl you're all that I think of
You're the only one that I'm simply into
I want you so badly
stuck on replay , just staying drunk
Hoping that you feel it too

I want to work it out

[Hook]
I want to work it out
Work it out, work it out
I want to, I want to work it out
I want to work it out

[Beat break]

I want to work it out

[Beat break]

Sounds Like
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/08/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/08/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#243 Posted : 03 August 2014 03:33:31(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Tatiana: Yaaas! Slay me with those vocals and that beat. I know we haven't met before or talked but I'm your future wife.

Ooc: Wonderful job guh! ☺️
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 06/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#244 Posted : 04 August 2014 22:00:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: Great job in this song! It's a delightful moment to hear Dominic sing to Progressive House music, his voice is just perfect for this genre. Great work for "The Wolverines" in the production of this song, the breakdown is a standout! I'm getting the feeling that Summer Break Soundtrack is going to kick some arses.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 06/08/2014(UTC)
#245 Posted : 17 October 2014 02:25:21(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

10/16/14: Team Dominic! Pre-order the debut EP, Unrequited Love,' on October 20th at midnight on iTunes!
- Management

UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/10/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/10/2014(UTC), kandii on 17/10/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/10/2014(UTC)
#246 Posted : 20 October 2014 14:09:08(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: December 25, 2014
Recorded: November 2013 - September 2014
Genre(s): R&B, Hip Hop, Progressive House, Dance-pop, Pop, Trap
Length: 46:15
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Erin Ramsey, Leah Jordan, Colin Taylor, Kay Young, Katriel Comyns, Myra Knight, Julian Wade, Nicholas Campbell, Drew Westbrook, Tealiyah Phuong
Producer(s): Dominic Brown, Max Martin, Layla Raine, The Wolverines, Rico Love, Michael Bryant, Frankie Schneider, Colleen Chandler, Shaun Conner, Ben Drake

'Unrequited Love' is the debut extended play by American recording artist Dominic Brown, set to be released in November 2014, through Tric-Jam Records. It will be Brown's first release since the 2011 release of his debut album, 'F.Y.T.' The album was met with generally positive reviews and debuted at number three on the Golden 15, formerly known as the Chart Heat Top 40, with first week sales of 330,000 copies. As of September 26, 2014, the album has sold 4,145,000 copies in the U.S. 'F.Y.T.' was released as a standard edition with a total of fifteen songs. It featured appearances from Hayden, Isabel, Luke Striker, Cassie Valentine, and Mandy Williams and was produced by Brown and Nevaeh Martinez.

On May 7, 2012 Brown's management teased on his official website, the last and final single to be released from F.Y.T. but the single was never released. Shortly after, on July 4, 2012, his management teased a sneak peek at Brown's sophomore album cover, Domino Effect, revealing that he was at work recording for his next album. Unfortunately, the album was put on hold, however, as Brown had gone on a hiatus. Almost a year later, he did an interview with Kegan Dawson on the Kegan Dawson Show, in which he made clear as to why he left. Brown stated: "I decided to put a hold on the album because of personal reasons that I had to attend to, which is why my last single, 'My Mistake' featuring Cassie Valentine never dropped either. So that's why I had the long break that I did and I apologize to my fans for the misunderstanding. I know everyone was expecting more music from me but I mean some things happen in life that take us by surprise. The situation that I was dealing with at the time was bad and so I needed to fix that before I could do my music the way I needed to." When asked by Dawson about new music, Brown revealed that he had been working on his sophomore album recently and that the album would have a total of twenty songs. Brown also revealed that for his comeback he would be releasing a new single the next month and that fans should expect something special.

Brown released the track, 'MEMO,' for digital download on the iTunes store on Valentine's day. Brown announced that same day that he would be releasing an EP before the release of his sophomore album. 'MEMO' was the lead single to be released from the EP. It was written and produced by Brown and produced by Max Martin and Layla Raine. 'Don't Wait Up' featuring Kato was released on June 1, 2014 as the second single from the EP. Brown debuted the single at the Chaos Awards VIII on May 31, 2014 and released it at midnight as a digital download on iTunes. On August 2, 2014, Brown released his third single, 'Work It Out,' featuring The Wolverines. The song also featured on the soundtrack of the hit summer movie, 'Summer Break.' Brown announced on his official Twitter that one last single would be released from the EP. The single is scheduled to be released in the upcoming weeks.

The writing and recording of the EP began in November 2013 and concluded early last month in September 2014. Most of the album was written by Brown along with Erin Ramsey, Leah Jordan, Colin Taylor, Kay Young, Katriel Comyns, Myra Knight, Kayla Barton, Julian Wade, and Nicholas Campbell and features production from Brown, Max Martin, Layla Raine, The Wolverines, Rico Love, Michele Bryant, Frankie Schneider, Colleen Chandler, Shaun Conner, and Ben Drake. The EP features appearances from Kato, The Wolverines, and Drew Westbrook. Brown stated that the EP will showcase a fresh new sound and direction by him as well as give the fans a taste of what's to come on his upcoming sophomore album.

Tracklisting

Memo 4:49
R.U.S.H feat. Drew Westbrook 3:18
Don't Wait Up feat. Kato 4:57
Paralyzed 3:39
Break Through feat. Sierrah Summers 3:17
Main Attraction 3:51
Work It Out feat. The Wolverines 4:00
Gone feat. Liyah 3:58
MEMO [Video] UserPostedImage
Don't Wait Up feat. Kato [Video] UserPostedImage
Work It Out feat. The Wolverines [Video] UserPostedImage
Gone feat. Liyah [Video] UserPostedImage

Song Analysis

MEMO
This track is one of my top favorites on the EP cause I love the island sound that is has. It's just a feel good song and makes you want to dance. It's also a bit MJ inspired as well with my vocals at the beginning and end. I wanted to do something big with my comeback and remind people of the old me but also at the same time introduce them to the new me as well. I produced this track along with Max Martin and Layla Raine. Both of them really helped to make this record great and once that happened the lyrics just came easy to me. The idea of dropping the song on Valentine's Day was a last minute decision. I was planning on dropping it in January but had a change of plans and eventually February rolled around and it was closer to the holiday so I went with that. It pretty much worked out great cause the song is about romance and definitely one for the ladies, which is what the holiday is about.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: Dominic originally announced 'Fight Us' as his comeback single but he chose to release 'MEMO' instead.

R.U.S.H feat. Drew Westbrook
This next track was actually added to the EP a bit last minute after I went through and finalized everything. I had a lot of songs to choose from but this one finally made the cut. I love the way this song captures my vocals over the delayed keys and hip hop-tinged section. If you're a fan of R&B with a little hip hop mixed in, then you'll love this one. It was my first time working with Drew and it was a great experience for me. His verse on the song is crazy and I definitely think his talent goes unrecognized. He's got mad skills and with each person I work with in the studio I learn so much from. He's just another one of those people and I look forward to working with him again someday.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: The song originally had a second verse from Dominic but that part of the song was cut out and a verse from Drew was later added.

Don't Wait Up feat. Kato
This track, like the previous one, is R&B influence as well with some hip hop mixed in. It has that laid back R&B feel with hip hop in the verses with sung/talked vocals throughout. It's been awhile since I've worked that into my music but I thought I should continue to do it as it seems to work. The song is just one of many of the collaborations that I have with my boy Kato. He'll be on some of my tracks on my upcoming album, Dominic Effect, and this is just to give the fans a preview of that. Rico Love and Layla Raine produced the beat and Kato and I just played around with it and wrote the lyrics right there and then. Lyrically, it just talks about moving on to the next one after the person you thought that you knew, lies and plays games. It's a subject that I've personally have experienced and I know that it's something that people can relate to as well and that's what I like about it.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: Two versions of this song was made, the other with a different verse from Dominic, but he finally decided to release this version.

Paralyzed
I love writing songs and doing different genres but if I had to choose then R&B songs would probably be my top favorite. That's why majority of this EP is mostly R&B and I'm glad cause R&B is where I started. I never want to change that and even though I am going off into different genres, R&B will always be my first love. With this next track I definitely love that it's a R&B track and that I was able to pour my heart into the lyrics. I feel that I've done that with a lot of the songs on here cause each song has a subject that I've experienced personally. I feel like it just makes it that much more real cause you can actually feel the pain, the love, or whatever in each song. That right there is going to let me connect with my audience while at the same time have my audience connect with me. For me, music doesn't mean a thing if you can't believe what you're saying or connect with your audience. So when I see comments on social media of my fans saying how they love a song cause I captured how they're feeling right now, then I know that I did my job as an artist.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: 'While It Lasted (Last Kiss)' was planned to be on the EP but Dominic removed it and replaced it with 'Paralyzed' instead.

Break Through feat. Sierrah Summers
What I like about this next track is that is has an incredible production and sound songwriting. I feel like with each song that I write that I get better and better. That's great cause I feel that is the case with this EP. You listen to the first song and then the next, and each one just hooks you in and you want more. So by the time the entire EP is over you're eager to press repeat and listen to it all over again. I'm planning to do my album like that as well but it'll also tell a story. This EP sorta tells a story about what we go through in relationships. How we feel when we first get together to how we feel when things start to go wrong. This particular track just happens to be one where you're trying to make the one you love realize that love isn't such a bad thing. I love this one especially mainly cause it's a duet. I don't do to many of those but when I do I always try to make it special for the fans. Break Through was actually not suppose to be on the EP at all but I changed my mind, thinking that it would be a good fit. I never actually planned to work with Sierrah, it was something that fell into place on its own. I had already finished recording the song and it was originally just my voice alone but I felt like maybe I could turn it into a duet. Long story short, she heard the song and liked it so she recorded her vocals on it. I heard it and here it is, on the EP. It wasn't weird at all working with my ex-girlfriend on the track. Some people might find it weird but I don't have any ill feelings towards her and neither does she for me. After all this time, we're able to be good friends and have a professional relationship when we need to. I had fun working with her. She has a great voice and she gives that female perspective on the song that I think the ladies will love and the fellas will be able to connect with the subject.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: Dominic originally had '20/20' as track 5 on the EP but it was removed and replaced with 'Break Through.'

Main Attraction
The next track was both fun to write as well as record in the studio. I remember being in the studio with the lights down low, as when I'm writing these types of songs I like it to be that way, and just putting my all into the song. I really love the R&B feel and soulful vocals that it has to it. I recorded this song last year and it just sat there with a lot of my other unused songs. When we sat down to choose which songs would go on the EP and which ones would go on my sophomore album, I felt that this one would be good for the EP. It's purpose is to give my fans a little taste of what's to come for the album. If you like this, then just wait till you hear my album cause the songs on there go hard. There are a lot of R&B bangers on the album along with a couple of slow songs. My new album is going to be one for the ages so I hope that people are ready. I know I can't wait to release it next year.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: Dominic originally put this song on the final tracklisting of his upcoming album but later decided to move it to his EP.

Work It Out feat. The Wolverines
This is definitely in there as another one of my top favorite tracks on the EP. I love that the beat is so energetic and that it's also tough and bouncy, with a playful bassline. It's wild at some moments and raw in others and the breakdown is crazy with the uplifting synths. I love performing this song cause it's great to dance to and really gets the crowd pumped up. Hands down if I could only choose one song that's my overall favorite from this EP, then it would be this one. I've studied the work of The Wolverines and knew that I had to work with them. They're insane with the music that they make and when you bring that all together with the lyrics that I wrote and the vocals over the beat, something creative and magical was made. I don't think that it could have been done any differently. It makes me love the new direction that I'm going in and makes me want to keep reinventing myself and trying out new things. I don't feel that I'm selling out by not staying completely to R&B and Hip Hop music. If anything I feel like I'm just growing up and my music is maturing with me.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: Dominic planned to have mISTER_b produce this track but decided to work with him on another song and asked The Wolverines to produce it.

Gone feat. Liyah
This song is another favorite cause of the pop sound that it has and the hip hop undertones. Each time this track plays I'm amazed that I made it. I put the beat together from scratch and wrote the lyrics myself. I thought hard about who I wanted to feature on the song and eventually thought that Liyah would be a good fit. Like Kato, she's another one of the collaborators that I worked with for my album and wanted to give fans a little preview before then. She and I recorded a lot of songs and I can't wait to share them with my fans. I think they'll love them just as much as I do. The song talks about an on and off again relationship where at first things were great and they were in love but eventually things started to take a turn for the worse that sorta got them off track a little. They face this situation where one wants the other but the other doesn't cause as the lyrics say the love is gone.

#UnrequitedLove Fun fact: 'Gone' was another song that was added to the EP at the last minute.

Personnel

Dominic Brown - lead vocals, background vocals, creative director, executive producer, producer, songwriter
Layla Raine - executive producer, producer
Erin Ramsey - songwriter
Max Martin - producer
Tomas Brady - assistant
Leah Jordan - songwriter
Mike Strickland - grooming
The Wolverines – featured artist, producer
Rico Love - producer
Suzanne Todd - photography
Colin Taylor - songwriter
Leticia Stewart - photography model
Michael Bryant - producer
Tealiyah Phuong - featured artist, songwriter
Drew Westbrook - featured artist, songwriter
Katriel Comyns - featured artist, background vocals, songwriter
Sierrah Summers - featured artist, background vocals
Frankie Schneider - producer
Travis Klein - assistant, engineer
Kay Young - songwriter
Stanley Bush - mastering
Myra Knight - songwriter
Kayla Barton - songwriter
Marlon Rice - keyboards
Colleen Chandler - producer
Rick Thomas - mixing
Shaun Conner - producer
Grace Dawson - art direction, creative director, design
Ben Drake - producer
Julian Wade - songwriter
Josefina Hayes - photography model
Candice Mccarthy - stylist
Nicholas Campbell - songwriter
Mark Bridges - grooming
Jared Haynes - engineer
Monique Hart - creative director, design, executive producer, stylist
Lucas Smith - engineer, mixing
Lola Roberson - photography model

Thank You's

God - I know that everyone starts off their thank you's this way but I felt it necessary. I've been blessed to have such a wonderful gift and I never take it for granted. I've always made sure that I remained humble because I know that one day it could be all gone. So I thank him for all that he's given me in life and I hope to use my gift to inspire others.

My sister - It's no secret how much my sister means to me and if you've listened to my debut album, you'll know just how much love I have for her. You've always been there for me whenever I've needed you the most. We've been through a lot in our lives but you've always had my back. Not to mention that you made everything look so easy even when I knew that it wasn't. I admire you for that because without the love that you provided me, I wouldn't be the man I am today. I'll forever be there for you as you have been there for me.

My parents - We haven't always seen eye to eye but I do appreciate you giving me life. I wouldn't be here today without you and I definitely appreciate all of the sacrifices you've made for me. I won't take them for granted. I hope that one day things will start to fall into place but until then I'll be here waiting for that day.

My label, manager, Layla Raine, Erin Ramsey, Leah Jordan, Colin Taylor, Kay Young, Katriel Comyns, Max Martin, The Wolverines, Rico Love, etc - I just want to personally thank all of you for all that you've done to help make this EP special. I especially want to thank my label because through it all you've been patient with me and let me take my time and ease back into things. That means a lot to me and I'm thankful to have still had a label to call home when I came back. Layla, you've been a great mentor to me, not only with music advise but also with spreading your wisdom. I'm thankful for your help and can't wait to continue to work with you into the future.

My fans - Since the moment I released my debut single, you guys have been dedicated. Not a day goes by that I don't see that and I thank you for being patient while I was away. If I could, I would have never left but life happens sometimes and you just have to go with it. I feel that all I've had to go through has helped to make me a better person and has helped me to mature with my music. Each day I work hard to see the love and support from you. All of this is for you guys and I hope that you love the new music as much as I do.

My girl - I'm usually not so open with my feelings but since I've met you all I want to do is to explain how I feel about you. I feel very lucky to have met you and I thank Laurence for introducing us. It was a start to a beautiful beginning. The fact that it's been a year already since we got engaged is crazy. Time flies by fast but I'm enjoying every second of it with you. You've open up my heart when I didn't think that it would be possible and given me a lot of love to last a lifetime. I can't wait till the day comes when I can give you that happy ending that you deserve. I'm excited for our future and looking forward to starting a family with you someday. As long as you keep loving me, I'll continue to love you back.

Pre-Order The Debut EP 'Unrequited Love' Now On iTunes!

Edited by user 22 December 2014 07:06:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#247 Posted : 20 October 2014 23:28:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Layla: You're not the teen boy you used to be :,( You're a man now and your music has matured along with you. I am so proud to have been apart of this and can't wait for everyone to hear all your hard work and dedication to this industry :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Princess_Valentine on 21/10/2014(UTC)
#248 Posted : 23 November 2014 10:07:02(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: November 22, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Genre: R&B, Hip Hop, Trap
Length: 3:57
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Tealiyah Phuong, Nicholas Campbell, Myra Knight
Producer(s): Dominic Brown, Layla Raine, Ben Drake

Description:
'Gone' is a song by American recording artist, Dominic Brown, from his upcoming extended play, "Unrequited Love," featuring rapper, Liyah. The song is the fourth and final single to be released from the EP, which is due to be released in the next few days. It was written by Dominic Brown, Tealiyah Phuong, Nicholas Campbell and Myra Knight and produced by Dominic Brown, Layla Raine, and Ben Drake. The song is a confidence, sultry, R&B/hip-hop cut that showcases both maturity and sex appeal. Immediately, comparisons to Justin Timberlake will be made, with its hard-hitting, sexy tune that definitely highlights Brown's ever-improving vocal delivery. "Drink in my cup, to ease my mind, Let you back in just to end up hurt," Brown sings on the track about dealing with an on and off again relationship. The track opens with him admitting how much he wants the love they once had back again. In the hook, Brown sings just how far he's willing to go to get the girl back, "I'd do anything just to be in your life again, Yeah you mean that much."

As the song goes into the second verse now, Brown explains how things are spinning out of control and how he doesn't want to keep feeling heartache anymore. "We're on and we're off, can't take it no more, Say you're in love, not feeling a thing." The track then goes into the hook once more but now Brown sings how the girl is the one who can't live without him while he's moved on with someone else now. Liyah comes in next with her skills to rap about how she's over him for good, in which Brown has a change of heart and realizes he wants her back once more as he sings the final hook before the songs ends. "Girl I see you moved on just to get back at me, Now the love is gone, gone." While the new extended play cut would have worked perfectly as a solo venture, Brown calls on the underrated Liyah for a fast-paced additional rap verse that ties well into the overall message and feeling of the song. The song becomes a dark, somber pop track that has potential to crossover with its hip-hop influence. It's the perfect combination of genres.

Used to be love, used to be trust
Oughta been a crime to love you that much
Wishing I tried, missing your touch
Let you slip away, now I'm losing my mind
When you coming home, when you coming back
You did me wrong , but it was my fault
Destroying our love till there is nothing left
I lost the key to your heart

I'd do anything just to be in your life again
Yeah you mean that much
It just hasn't been the same since you walked away from me
Yeah I'm falling apart
Until you see that we are meant to be
Baby I'll be holding on
I see you moved on just to get back at me
Now the love is gone

Now the love is gone, gone

Fighting for us, fighting myself
Winning you back, cutting you loose
Drink in my cup, to ease my mind
Let you back in just to end up hurt
We're on and we're off, can't take it no more
Say you're in love, not feeling a thing
You want to try to make it all right
I don't care, I don't care

You'd do anything just to be in my life again
Yeah I mean that much
It just hasn't been the same since I walked away from you
Yeah you're falling apart
Until I see that we are meant to be
Say you'll be holding on
Know you heard I moved on just to get back at you

Now the love is gone, gone (now the love is)

Gone, yo
Now I'm G'd up in the club, ray bans sittin' low, posted with my gang
We keep going back and forward but just do the same thing
I walk out and then you say
"Baby, please forgive me
Know I did you wrong but it's all just envy"
(No) But you can keep going
Wouldn't let you hit if you begged for it
Dont wanna keep hearing the same stories
Boyfriend #2 in my inventory
Another chick equal, you never will find
If you're lost, don't find me I won't be waiting
This ain't cyndi lauper, no time after time
This sh*t stayin' dead like careers I declined

I'd do anything just to be in your life again
Yeah you mean that much
It just hasn't been the same since you walked away from me
Yeah I'm falling apart
Until you see that we are meant to be
Baby I'll be holding on
Girl I see you moved on just to get back at me

Now the love is gone

Sounds like:

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/11/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/11/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 25/11/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#249 Posted : 23 November 2014 14:37:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hayden: This feels similar to a couple of years ago when I was saying how shit you are with women. I stand by my point.

Tatiana: Slay my soul and take me to heaven! Liyah's been AWOL for a while now and I was getting pissed off but I'm glad I'll be hearing her voice on the radio. I need you two to bless me with a video as well though. And let me be in it. I'll be "Girl in the tight dress #1."

Edited by user 23 November 2014 14:38:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 23/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#250 Posted : 25 November 2014 04:18:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: This is very catchy, even the lyrics are a little bit sad, the sound of it certainly came from your originality, Dominic.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 26/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#251 Posted : 26 November 2014 11:29:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Cassie: Can you release a BAD song? That will never happen cause you're just so talented and this is no different. I am honestly loving this, the catchy vibe. Hard hitting beat, ans the lyrics. This is different from Work It Out but that's what makes you Dominic. So versatile. We like everything you do.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 26/11/2014(UTC)
#252 Posted : 26 November 2014 11:53:59(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Dominic Brown Live @ Dancing With The Stars Season Finale
November 25, 2014

UserPostedImage

I'm your host, Tom Bergeron, and if you're just tuning in, we'll be finding out which couple will be eliminated in just a little and later in the show we'll be finding out which lucky couple will be this season's winner. Up next we have R&B superstar, Dominic Brown, performing tonight right after the break. Stay tuned!

UserPostedImage

Welcome back to tonight's season finale of Dancing With The Stars! Soon we'll be finding out which of the couples will be going home but first not without a performance. He's a multiplantium recording artist, dancer, actor, rapper, and record producer with numerous hits and award nominations under his belt. Here to perform his single, 'Work It Out' featuring The Wolverines, from his debut and upcoming EP, 'Unrequited Love,' please welcome Dominic Brown!!!!!!

Immediately after his name is announced, the lights dim low and the music to 'Work It Out' begins to play over the speakers. The audience cheers in excitement for Dominic as they wait for him to appear. A few seconds later, Dominic pops up on stage, wearing a blue suit, the same as the one shown earlier of him waiting backstage, and smoke appears around him with blue lights and white lasers shining down on him. The camera zooms in to capture him for the audience watching at home as Dominic begins to sing into the microphone, located near his mouth, the first part to the song. The audience, who are positioned along to the side of him of the stage, clap and sing along with him as they watch him perform before them. Dominic continues singing, happy to be here tonight performing in front of his amazing fans, as the hook approaches.

UserPostedImage

You left me drowning in the dark abyss
I call for you to come and ease the pain
Don't understand why would you say those things
You knew that I came attached with so many strings
I want to work it out

Dominic finishes up the first part of the song and goes into the hook now with more energy than before. The smoke clears away and he walks down the narrow stage towards the front of it as he continues singing. The audience throw their hands in the air and dance to the music while some try to grab his attention to get him to touch them. Dominic smiles as he looks out at the audience, enjoying how much they love him, and continues singing. Moments before the hook ends, he walks back down the stage to take his place from before. As he does, two male dancers, who are wearing black suits and hats, join him out on stage now. Dominic remains in the center with one dancer to each side of him as the beat break approaches. He and his dancers begin to do the choreography that the had rehearsed and this causes the audience to scream even louder now for him.

UserPostedImage

I want to work it out
Work it out, work it out
I want to work it out

The beat break ends and Dominic starts to sing the next part of the song with the same energy from before. He's just a little bit tired now from the crazy choreography but he pushes through it wanting to make his performance great. His dancers continue to dance behind him while he stands there motioning with his hands and pointing out at the audience and continues to sing as he looks out at the audience. Once he's done singing, the song goes back into a beat break again and once again he begins dancing with his dancers once more. He does some amazing choreography before jumping into the air with his dancers before coming back down to finish out the choreography.

UserPostedImage

Oh no drama, I know what you desire
Stop actin' so crazy, open up and cease fire
Girl just forget about that one time
Just listen to me before you ignite
I want to work it out

After the beat break is over, Dominic continues on singing the next part of the song. A little bit of sweat runs down his face from all of the dancing he had been doing not to mention being under all the hot lights and lasers surrounding him on stage. He was even more tired now but was having lots of fun performing his song. He looks out at the audience from face to face to watch how much fun they were having too and it made him feel better to know that it was all worth it. He always enjoyed performing cause seeing his fans sing along to the songs he worked so hard on and watching them scream and cheer for him always made the negative things about being an artist worth the trouble and hard work that he had to endure sometimes. Pushing the thoughts that he had been thinking away and clearing his mind, he focuses back on his performance and makes his way down the stage towards the front. His dancers, that were behind him, disappear. He then begins to dance solo as he continues to finish out the rest of the song before it goes into the hook again.

UserPostedImage

I love your body and girl you're all that I think of
You're the only one that I'm simply into
I want you so badly
stuck on replay , just staying drunk
Hoping that you feel it too

I want to work it out

Dominic finishes his choreography and goes to stand up as he begins to sing the hook now into his microphone. The camera zooms in on him and he looks into it and continues singing. The camera then stars to zoom out and he follows it as it looks down on him from above, getting a much larger view of the stage and the audience. Dominic points his hand up to the camera while he continues looking into it and singing. Dominic turns to look back to the front of the stage now and the camera positions in on him just as more of his dancers join him out on stage now. He stands there singing while they begin to do the choreography behind him with lots of footwork worked into it. Once the hook ends, the songs goes into another beat break. Dominic joins the dancers now in the choreography and the audience screams loudly as they watch and clap along to the music.

UserPostedImage

I want to work it out
Work it out, work it out
I want to, I want to work it out
I want to work it out

As the beat break ends, Dominic begins to sing the last of the song, hitting the last note so beautifully, before the beat break comes back in for the final time. He joins his dancers for the choreography again before the music ends. Dominic stands in the center looking out at the audience smiling while they cheer for him. He was proud of himself for the amazing performance he had just put on tonight. He hoped that everyone who tuned in to the show tonight had enjoyed it just as much as he had. From the screams of the cheering fans in the audience, he could tell that at least they had enjoyed themselves. His dancers stand behind him posing with one hand pointed to the sky, enjoying the applause as well. Dominic continues smiling and bends down to shake some of the hands of his fans as the host, Tom Bergeron, begins to speak again about him.

UserPostedImage

I want to work it out

Wow, what a great performance from Dominic Brown! Wasn't he just great? You can purchase 'Work It Out' featuring The Wolverines on iTunes right now and also pre-order his upcoming EP, 'Unrequited Love' as well! Stay tuned, you won't want to miss the rest of tonight's show. We'll be back after these messages!

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/11/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#253 Posted : 26 November 2014 14:35:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Kato: You KILLED it man :) Gotta teach me those moves for my tour :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 30/11/2014(UTC)
#254 Posted : 11 December 2014 13:46:26(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: December 10, 2014
Genre: Holiday, R&B
Length: 3:55
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Kristopher Allison, Raquel Ellis, Adrienne Love
Producer(s): Dominic Brown

Description:
'What I Want For Christmas' is a promotional single recorded by American singer-songwriter Dominic Brown. The song was released on December 10, 2014 through Tric-Jam Records. It was written by Dominic Brown, Raquel Ellis, Adrienne Love, and Kristopher Allsison and produced by Dominic Brown. Brown released his first Christmas song titled 'Christmas Ain't Nothing' on December 14, 2011 through his label, Tric-Jam Records. The song debuted #17 on Airplay, peaking on the charts at #13, and debuted #25 on Digital. As of December 8, the single has sold 418,000 units in the United States, falling short of becoming certified gold. Brown originally wanted to record and release a Christmas EP for his fans but his label advised him instead to keep his focus on releasing his upcoming EP, 'Unrequited Love.' Brown decided, however, to record a Christmas single to release leading up to Christmas.

'What I Want For Christmas' was first announced by Brown on Friday, November 28 on a video he posted on Instagram. In the video, he mentioned that he would be dropping new music soon, one of them being a Christmas single. He also mentioned that a music video would accompany the single and that fans should look for it to drop in the next couple of weeks. Brown released a 10-second snippet of 'What I Want For Christmas' through his Instagram page on December 1, 2014; the preview contained part of the chorus.

On December 9, Brown released the cover art of the song through his Instagram, which depicts a black background with a multicolor image of a present and reindeer pulling a sleigh with 'Dominic Brown' and 'What I Want For Christmas' at the bottom in white script. The track is a Christmas song with influences of R&B. Lyrically, the song is about how Brown wants to take the next step with his love and how he wants nothing else except her body for Christmas. He sings, "Girl come follow me back to my bedroom / I'll get you out that dress and turn off the lights / Lets make sweet love girl / I know what you like / I'll give you all this love if you want it / I don't need nothing else, For Christmas your body's / What I want."

I got you close in my arms
Baby you feel real soft
It's snowing hard we're stuck inside for the night
Yeah just the two of us
I know just what we can do
Baby let's make this a night that you won't forget
Tonight's what I've waited for cause I finally got you all alone

Girl come follow me back to my bedroom
I'll get you out that dress and turn off the lights
Lets make sweet love girl
I know what you like
I'll give you all this love if you want it
I'm so glad, I got you
I don't need nothing else, For Christmas your body's
What I want [3x]
For Christmas your body's
What I want [2x]
For Christmas your body's, This year your body's
What I want

I'll make it feel like the very first time
Yeah do it to you nice and slow
Going to drive you crazy with each touch
Don't know how long I've been waiting
Baby to get more than just a kiss
Just a kiss, just, yeah
Girl after this we'll be on the naughty list

Girl come follow me back to my bedroom
I'll get you out that dress and turn off the lights
Lets make sweet love girl
I know what you like
I'm so glad, I got you
What I want [3x]
What I want [2x]
What I want

Tonight is going to be about you
I just want to make you feel good
We can stay up late and make love
Girl tell me when you've had enough

I know what you like
I'm so glad, I got you
What I want [3x]
What I want [2x]
What I want

Tonight is going to be about you
I just want to make you feel good
We can stay up late and make love
Girl tell me when you've had enough
[2x]

Sounds like:

Download 'What I Want For Christmas' Now On iTunes!

thanks 8 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/12/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 12/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2014(UTC), Welat65 on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#255 Posted : 11 December 2014 16:43:43(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Carmen: Noooooow Carmen is in the Christmas spirit! :) Christmas songs about fucking are really what gets Carmen in the holiday mood.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#256 Posted : 11 December 2014 23:27:50(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Mariko: welp...i think I just became pregnant. Thanks Dominic.thanks a lot.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 12/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#257 Posted : 12 December 2014 04:12:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hayden: This is not a Christmas song, this is a sex song. For shame Dominic, for shame.

OOC: Nice job here bud :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#258 Posted : 12 December 2014 12:31:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

OOC: Nice work on this "christmas track". I love all the stuff you do for Dominic and this is certainly no different :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2014(UTC)
#259 Posted : 22 December 2014 07:55:14(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

12/21/14: Team Dominic! Dominic's debut EP, Unrequited Love, is out December 25 in the U.S. via Tric-Jam Records. Today, days before its release, the 'Don't Wait Up' singer is streaming the EP in its entirety via iTunes Radio's First Play. Click here to listen.
- Management

UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/12/2014(UTC)
#260 Posted : 22 December 2014 09:39:05(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: February 14, 2014
Genre: R&B
Length: 4:49
Writer(s): Dominic Brown
Producer(s): Dominic Brown, Max Martin, Layla Raine

Background Info
“MEMO” is a song by American R&B singer and dancer Dominic Brown from his upcoming extended play, "Unrequited Love." The new single was scheduled to be released last month along with the EP being released in February but unfortunately both were pushed back. "Unrequited Love" is scheduled to be released sometime this summer with the album, "Domino Effect," to follow thereafter in the fall. Brown plans to give fans a little taste of what his upcoming sophomore album will sound like and what they can expect from the now 21 year old. "MEMO" is the first single off the EP and showcases a fresh new sound and direction by Brown. "I've been away from the music industry for a couple of years now and so I've had a lot of time to grow up and mature. I had to deal with a lot of different situations and I feel that I'm a bit more experienced now because of them. Now that I'm back in the industry I'm ready to share those experiences in my music and go in a new direction. I know for sure that when my fans listen to my new stuff they'll notice a big difference from my earlier stuff and now. This new single, especially, is very special to me because it's just different from anything that I've ever done and I hope that everyone will love it as much as I do."

Song Description
The old-school R&B track was written and produced by Brown along with Max Martin and Layla Raine. The song is a midtempo banger with plenty of hand claps and has a beat reminiscent of an island. Brown starts off the smooth, two-step track with some signature Michael Jackson vocals, but then quickly breaks out singing: "My heart felt numb girl / our love was shattered / I couldn't see straight but / you broke the pattern / When I was hung up / left to feel the pain / You helped me move on / you really kept me sane." Lyrically, Brown sings about feeling heartache after a break up but eventually gets over it when he meets a new woman. It's rumored that the song could possibly be a love song for Brown's fiance, Tanya Stephenson, as she helped him to get over his former girlfriend, Tisha Jackson, just last year. Brown has neither come forward nor denied the rumors but nonetheless, we are glad to have him back. With Valentine's Day being today, this new serenade from Brown or whatever you want to call it certainly arrived at just the right time.

[Verse 1:]
My heart felt numb girl, our love was shattered
I couldn't see straight but, you broke the pattern
When I was hung up, left to feel the pain
You helped me move on, you really kept me sane
Love how you get me, and how you complete me
Girl, this time it's meant to be
Babe, don't wanna take this slow

[Hook:]
Cause every day you keep me in control
Can't stop chasin' after you, gotta make this right
You know I want your love tonight
I want so much more
Won't hold off my heart this time

[Chorus: x2]
I'm here to stay oooooooo-oooo-oooo
Can't live without yoooooouuuu-oooo-oooo
Will never let you gooooooo-oooo-oooo
Only thinkin' bout yoooooouuuu-oooo-oooo

[Verse 2:]
I'm amazed by what you do, you return my love back
You make me better, girl don't want to backtrack
So glad I found you, you keep a smile on my face
And your love means everything to me
I'd spend forever with you
Love how you get me, and how you complete me
Girl, this time it's meant to be
Babe, don't wanna take this slow

[Hook:]
Cause every day you keep me in control
Can't stop chasin' after you, gotta make this right
You know I want your love tonight
I want so much more
Won't hold off my heart this time

[Bridge:]
Ohhhh-oh-oh-ohhhh, won't ever let you out of sight
And we can't let anyone come between us babe, babe
You brought me back to life
Don't worry about a thing cause...

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: December 25, 2014
Genre: R&B
Length: 3:18
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Drew Westbrook
Producer(s): Dominic Brown, Frankie Schneider, Shaun Conner, Michael Bryant

Song Description
'R.U.S.H' is a song by American recording artist Dominic Brown from his debut extended play, 'Unrequited Love,' featuring Drew Westbrook. The song was written by Dominic Brown and Drew Westbrook and produced by Dominic Brown, Frankie Schneider, Michael Bryant, and Shaun Conner. Sticking to his R&B roots, Brown reminds us just why he's the best at what he does with his smooth sound as he puts it over delayed keys and hip hop-tinged rhythm section. He sings about how he'll treat the girl he likes with romantic gestures such as flying her across the world and shopping sprees. He also promises to take things slow for the simple fact that she has a hard time trusting due to past relationships. "I know it's hard for you to trust / Let's take our time no need to rush / I'll wait patiently." Drew Westbrook handles verse two, plying the object of his affections with promises of a getaway around the world. "I want to show you the world from LA to Istanbul / Because right now, you're the only girl that's on my mind / Wont even stop at the pearls, I'll spend my every dime."

Songwriter Comments
This track was actually added to the EP a bit last minute after I went through and finalized everything. I had a lot of songs to choose from but this one finally made the cut. I love the way that this song captures my vocals over the delayed keys and hip hop-tinged section. If you're a fan of R&B with a little hip hop mixed in, then you'll love this one. It was my first time working with Drew and it was a great experience for me. His verse on the song is crazy and I definitely think his talent goes unrecognized. He's got mad skills and with each person I work with in the studio I learn so much from. He's just another one of those people and I look forward to working with him again someday.

darkblue=Dominic black=Drew Westbrook

(Verse 1)
LA, New York
Miami, Chicago
Wherever you wanna go
I can take you there
Take off, let's go
No lies, I'll buy
Whatever you like
I just wanna be where you are
I can take you around the world
Show you places that you've never been
When you're ready take a chance on me
Show you how real love supposed to be

(Pre-Chorus)
Make you forget all them other guys

(Chorus)
I know it's hard for you to trust
Let's take our time no need to rush
I'll wait patiently
la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la [x3]
I'll wait patiently
There's no need to rush

(Verse 2)
Look this ain't nothing that I'm used to
Buy you something and wont even find it useful
The way you looking in that Fendi, it just might end up on the floor
But I'm thinking about more, I'm thinking about the fountain of youth
I want to show you the world from LA to Istanbul
Because right now, you're the only girl that's on my mind
Wont even stop at the pearls, I'll spend my every dime
And I wont take my time, so girl just take your time
Taking you hours to get ready, I'm waiting patiently
Sending you flowers, got you steady asking if you're daydreaming
Take you out to Malibu, make it our own little rendezvous
Got me chasing you and I'm not even in a rush
Trust..

(Pre-Chorus)
Make you forget all them other guys

(Chorus)
I know it's hard for you to trust
Let's take our time no need to rush
I'll wait patiently
I'll wait patiently
There's no need to rush

Sounds like:

thanks 4 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/12/2014(UTC)